Forum Settings
       
1 2 Next »
Reply To Thread

**** marriages for everyone! Follow

#52 Feb 14 2013 at 9:35 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
Yeah, the reason why the GOP couldn't beat a guy with a 32% approval is because their far right-wing policies hadn't "gelled" enough yet.

*snrk*

Whatever you say Smiley: laugh
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#53 Feb 14 2013 at 9:37 PM Rating: Default
Encyclopedia
******
31,484 posts
Belkira wrote:
So... Once I've been exposed to the idea of creationism taught in science class, no more abortions ever, same **** marriages are icky, and women deserve to be paid less than men because they'll just have babies and take a bunch of time off anyway I will start voting republican?


No. Once you realize that these aren't the positions held by conservative candidates running for office, you'll start listening to them talk about liberty, and rights, and small government instead of the BS that the left keeps trying to make everything about. Conservatives really don't care about those things except as they apply to their principles regarding liberty and small government. And Tea Party conservatives even less so.


The purpose of the tea party movement is to change the subject from those the left wants to talk about to those the right wants to. It's to show the people that the primary principles and positions of the right don't have anything to do with abortion, or creationism, or same **** marriage, but have to do with sound fiscal policy, small government, and greater individual liberty. But first we have to fight against a massive amount of straw shoved around by the left (and to be fair, a few numbskull conservatives who haven't gotten the memo yet either).
____________________________
King Nobby wrote:
More words please
#54 Feb 14 2013 at 9:40 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
Quote:
It's to show the people that the primary principles and positions of the right don't have anything to do with abortion, or creationism, or same **** marriage

Which is funny because you argue tooth and nail for eliminating abortion, teaching Creationism in schools as a legitimate sphere of science and preventing SSM.

Well, keep fighting the good fight to show us all that that's not what the Right is really all about.
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#55 Feb 14 2013 at 9:59 PM Rating: Default
Encyclopedia
******
31,484 posts
Jophiel wrote:
Quote:
It's to show the people that the primary principles and positions of the right don't have anything to do with abortion, or creationism, or same **** marriage

Which is funny because you argue tooth and nail for eliminating abortion, teaching Creationism in schools as a legitimate sphere of science and preventing SSM.


I have never argued for eliminating abortion, nor teaching creationism in school as science, nor preventing SSM. You make the classic leftist mistake of assuming that if I don't advocate *for* something, I'm advocating *against* it. I don't think the state should fund abortion. I don't think the state should teach creationism in science class, but I don't think it should restrict other forms of religious speech in public places (like schools). And I don't think the state should "prevent same **** marriage". I just don't think the state should "subsidize same **** marriage". I make a distinction between allowing something and not funding it.

All positions that are readily and commonly attacked by the left primarily because most people haven't been taught what liberty and rights and small government really means. As more people learn those things and understand them, then the differences I've pointed out will become more apparent to them, and the left will have a harder time demonizing conservatives on these issues.

Quote:
Well, keep fighting the good fight to show us all that that's not what the Right is really all about.



It's not. The left intentionally pushes for big government actions involving those things so that when conservatives oppose them on big government grounds, the left can claim that conservatives oppose them because they hate gays, or women, or minorities, or science. That is what you're doing, right? I mean, I've seen you do exactly that kind associative attack against me hundreds of times on this forum. I'll say "I have no problem with **** couples getting married, but I don't think those marriages should qualify for state funded benefits", and you'll twist and spin it around to me wanting to restrict the "right to marry" from homosexuals. And when I argue that's not what I'm saying, instead of accepting that, you insist that I'm just saying that, but really mean <insert ridiculous strawman here>.

Why do you ignore what I say and pretend I really mean something else? Only one reason: You know it's easier to argue against the "something else" than what I actually say. That's the point of the tea party movement, to try to get people who've likely never heard actual conservative arguments and reasoning to be exposed to those things instead of the liberal interpretations like the ones you use. And it will be costly at first because of that lack of knowledge, but as actual conservative message gets out there, that will change. You'll start to see people realizing that conservatives aren't the boogie man that the left has been painting them out to be, but actually have some pretty good ideas that make sense and might just be better than what the Democrats are selling.

Given how much trouble I have just on this forum getting people to get past their own knee-jerk assumptions, I can totally see how this can be problematic in the short term.
____________________________
King Nobby wrote:
More words please
#56 Feb 14 2013 at 10:06 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
gbaji wrote:
I have never argued for eliminating abortion, nor teaching creationism in school as science, nor preventing SSM.

Smiley: laugh

In non-Gbaji news, the SSM bill passed the state senate 34-21. On to the state house!

Edited, Feb 14th 2013 10:16pm by Jophiel
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#57 Feb 15 2013 at 8:41 AM Rating: Excellent
******
43,458 posts
gbaji wrote:
Why do you ignore what I say and pretend I really mean something else?
Probably because no matter how someone replies to what you say you cry about how it wasn't what you meant.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#58 Feb 15 2013 at 9:21 AM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
gbaji wrote:
Why do you ignore what I say and pretend I really mean something else? Only one reason:

You do an exceptionally shitty job of communicating?

I'm sure the persecution complex allows you to feel like you're just perfect and the rest of the world is to blame but maybe some introspection is in order here.

The "I never argued for those positions!" part reminded me of a Daily Show bit in 2010 when McCain was fending off a primary challenge from the right and, to shore up his conservative credentials, said "I never called myself a maverick."

Jon Stewart said something like "Ladies and gentlemen, usually at this point we would present you with a montage of scenes in which the subject says the thing they claim they've never said. But we've decided it's not really necessary because... what the fuck, this was his whole identity for two years!"

Edited, Feb 15th 2013 9:25am by Jophiel
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#59 Feb 15 2013 at 9:32 AM Rating: Decent
Lunatic
******
29,257 posts
I'm sure the persecution complex allows you to feel like you're just perfect and the rest of the world is to blame but maybe some introspection is in order here.

Be careful, god **** it! Have you considered what this introspection would actually entail. Self questioning...self backpeadling, but without the external brake of waiting for another response. All that rapid beackpeadling....have you not seen Superman? It'll be 1925 before you can blink twice!
____________________________
Disclaimer:

To make a long story short, I don't take any responsibility for anything I post here. It's not news, it's not truth, it's not serious. It's parody. It's satire. It's bitter. It's angsty. Your mother's a whore. You like to jack off dogs. That's right, you heard me. You like to grab that dog by the bone and rub it like a ski pole. Your dad? Gay. Your priest? Straight. **** off and let me post. It's not true, it's all in good fun. Now go away.

#60 Feb 15 2013 at 11:28 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
*****
11,926 posts
Smasharoo wrote:
Honestly, it's stupid to not pass it, especially for a state that, as one friend pointed out, most people forget even exists.

Our friend lives in Providence. We went to visit and they lit the river on fire. Hannah cried and said "let us never return to this godforsaken place" We all agreed.


I read this, and thought to myself "How can Providence not allow SSM?, Isn't that roughly half their economy?"

I was thinking of the wrong Providence. That Providence is the HQ for a totally different deviant subculture, each one having legislated out the other. That right there, is Providence.
____________________________
"India black magic anal sex zionist blow job terrorism child rape bicycle"
Just as Planned.
#61 Feb 15 2013 at 11:41 AM Rating: Decent
Lunatic
******
29,257 posts
I was thinking of the wrong Providence. That Providence is the HQ for a totally different deviant subculture, each one having legislated out the other. That right there, is Providence.

Do you mean Provincetown?
____________________________
Disclaimer:

To make a long story short, I don't take any responsibility for anything I post here. It's not news, it's not truth, it's not serious. It's parody. It's satire. It's bitter. It's angsty. Your mother's a whore. You like to jack off dogs. That's right, you heard me. You like to grab that dog by the bone and rub it like a ski pole. Your dad? Gay. Your priest? Straight. **** off and let me post. It's not true, it's all in good fun. Now go away.

#62 Feb 15 2013 at 11:45 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
*****
11,926 posts
Smasharoo wrote:
I was thinking of the wrong Providence. That Providence is the HQ for a totally different deviant subculture, each one having legislated out the other. That right there, is Providence.

Do you mean Provincetown?


Now you're just making places up.
____________________________
"India black magic anal sex zionist blow job terrorism child rape bicycle"
Just as Planned.
#63 Feb 15 2013 at 12:48 PM Rating: Good
Drunken English Bastard
*****
15,262 posts
gbaji wrote:
For conservatives, it's not about the name of the party next to the guy who wins, but what that persons politics are.

Good joke.
____________________________
My Movember page
Solrain wrote:
WARs can use semi-colons however we want. I once killed a guy with a semi-colon.

LordFaramir wrote:
ODESNT MATTER CAUSE I HAVE ALCHOLOL IN MY VEINGS BETCH ;3
#64 Feb 15 2013 at 12:48 PM Rating: Excellent
******
43,458 posts
It doesn't matter if it's conservative or Republican!
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#65 Feb 15 2013 at 1:29 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
"We have BOTH kinds of politics here..."
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#66 Feb 15 2013 at 1:49 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
gbaji wrote:
That's the point of the tea party movement, to try to get people who've likely never heard actual conservative arguments and reasoning to be exposed to those things instead of the liberal interpretations like the ones you use.
Mother Jones wrote:
An internal investigation of FreedomWorks—the prominent conservative advocacy group and super-PAC—has focused on president Matt Kibbe's management of the organization, his use of its resources, and a controversial book deal he signed, according to former FreedomWorks officials who have met with the private lawyers conducting the probe. One potential topic for the inquiry is a promotional video produced last year under the supervision of Adam Brandon, executive vice president of the group and a Kibbe loyalist. The video included a scene in which a female intern wearing a panda suit simulates performing oral **** on Hillary Clinton.
[...]
In one segment of the film, according to a former official who saw it, Brandon is seen waking from a nap at his desk. In what appears to be a dream or a nightmare, he wanders down a hallway and spots a giant panda on its knees with its head in the lap of a seated Hillary Clinton and apparently performing oral **** on the then-secretary of state. Two female interns at FreedomWorks were recruited to play the panda and Clinton. One intern wore a Hillary Clinton mask. The other wore a giant panda suit that FreedomWorks had used at protests to denounce progressives as panderers. (See here, here, and here.) Placing the panda in the video, a former FreedomWorks staffer says, was "an inside joke."

Another FreedomWorks staffer who worked there at the time confirms that "Yes, this video was created."

Actual conservative arguments!
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#67 Feb 15 2013 at 1:57 PM Rating: Excellent
Cervixhouse-Five
******
30,638 posts
Wait. So conservatives don't want to keep same **** marriage illegal, don't believe creationism should be taught in science class, and don't want to make abortions illegal? Republicans didn't allow the Violence Against Women Act to lapse? Conservatives don't believe that the U.S. is a "Christian nation?"

Those are all just filthy lies that those dirty liberals have made up??
#68 Feb 15 2013 at 1:58 PM Rating: Excellent
******
43,458 posts
Isn't it obvious?
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#69 Feb 15 2013 at 2:31 PM Rating: Good
Drunken English Bastard
*****
15,262 posts
It's a crazy liberal pinko commie European conspiracy!
____________________________
My Movember page
Solrain wrote:
WARs can use semi-colons however we want. I once killed a guy with a semi-colon.

LordFaramir wrote:
ODESNT MATTER CAUSE I HAVE ALCHOLOL IN MY VEINGS BETCH ;3
#70 Feb 15 2013 at 2:33 PM Rating: Excellent
Meat Popsicle
*****
11,625 posts
Belkira wrote:
Those are all just filthy lies that those dirty liberals have made up??


Small small minority that only get attention because liberal media bias.

Smiley: tinfoilhat
____________________________
That monster in the mirror, he just might be you. -Grover
#71 Feb 15 2013 at 2:44 PM Rating: Good
Lunatic
******
29,257 posts
That's the point of the tea party movement, to try to get people who've likely never heard actual conservative arguments and reasoning to be exposed to those things instead of the liberal interpretations like the ones you use.

The point of the tea party "movement", although let's be honest, "marketing campaign" would be a better term, was to reach out to the most entitled, selfish generation in the history of the world and try to convince them that it was still the case that the world would give them whatever they wanted if they whined loudly enough. These are the people who turned "I'm scared to die" into "we stopped an evil war in Vietnam." Getting then to turn "we're afraid of the black guy" into well, actually, still transparently "we're afraid of the black guy" but slightly more organized couldn't have been very difficult. Of course they are *notorious* for giving up at the slightest sign of difficulty, so I'd assume the tea party "movement" is completely dead and buried now that they convincingly got destroyed in the last election.

I pray that's not true, as it's such a good time to run people against the idiots they nominate, but it very likely is.

Edited, Feb 15th 2013 3:45pm by Smasharoo
____________________________
Disclaimer:

To make a long story short, I don't take any responsibility for anything I post here. It's not news, it's not truth, it's not serious. It's parody. It's satire. It's bitter. It's angsty. Your mother's a whore. You like to jack off dogs. That's right, you heard me. You like to grab that dog by the bone and rub it like a ski pole. Your dad? Gay. Your priest? Straight. **** off and let me post. It's not true, it's all in good fun. Now go away.

#72 Feb 15 2013 at 4:30 PM Rating: Excellent
Gurue
*****
16,282 posts
Jophiel wrote:
"We have BOTH kinds of politics here..."

And some are on a mission from God.
#73 Feb 15 2013 at 7:33 PM Rating: Excellent
Drunken English Bastard
*****
15,262 posts
Nadenu wrote:
Jophiel wrote:
"We have BOTH kinds of politics here..."

And some are on a mission from God.

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
____________________________
My Movember page
Solrain wrote:
WARs can use semi-colons however we want. I once killed a guy with a semi-colon.

LordFaramir wrote:
ODESNT MATTER CAUSE I HAVE ALCHOLOL IN MY VEINGS BETCH ;3
#74 Feb 16 2013 at 3:56 AM Rating: Excellent
Everyone's Oiran
Avatar
*****
15,915 posts
Nilatai wrote:
Nadenu wrote:
Jophiel wrote:
"We have BOTH kinds of politics here..."

And some are on a mission from God.

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.

TANK!


Wait, what?
____________________________
<3

http://www.reddit.com/r/Forum4/
#75 Feb 16 2013 at 5:54 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
******
27,034 posts
I'm not generally a fan of Jazz but **** I love that song.
____________________________
Theophany wrote:
YOU'RE AN ELITIST @#%^ AETHIEN, NO WONDER YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS AND PEOPLE HATE YOU.
someproteinguy wrote:
Aethien you take more terrible pictures than a Japanese tourist.
Astarin wrote:
One day, Maz, you'll learn not to click on anything Aeth links.
#76 Feb 16 2013 at 8:54 AM Rating: Decent
Drunken English Bastard
*****
15,262 posts
SDI, now I have to go rewatch Cowboy Bebop.
____________________________
My Movember page
Solrain wrote:
WARs can use semi-colons however we want. I once killed a guy with a semi-colon.

LordFaramir wrote:
ODESNT MATTER CAUSE I HAVE ALCHOLOL IN MY VEINGS BETCH ;3
#77 Feb 16 2013 at 9:21 AM Rating: Good
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
15,677 posts
gbaji wrote:


I have never argued for eliminating abortion, nor teaching creationism in school as science, nor preventing SSM.

You've argued ad-nausea against SSM.

I'm sure you'll argue that you were not arguing against SSM, but you were. You were against SSM. You probably still are. It's part of the political platform that you've preached for years on this site.

Everyone one this site knows it. Of course we're all being affected by mind-altering liberal doctrine so our conclusions are faulty.

Makes me wonder why you continue to post here?

Are you going to save us some day or what?
____________________________
Alma wrote:
Post and be happy!
#78 Feb 16 2013 at 9:35 AM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
He'll say he wasn't against SSM by using a definition of SSM ("they can just SAY they're married") not shared by anyone else having the debate.
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#79 Feb 16 2013 at 4:05 PM Rating: Good
Soulless Internet Tiger
******
34,678 posts
Jophiel wrote:
He'll say he wasn't against SSM by using a definition of SSM ("they can just SAY they're married") not shared by anyone else having the debate.
Are we talking about Alma now?
____________________________
Donate. One day it could be your family.
Need a hotel at a great rate? More hotels being added weekly.

An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come. Victor Hugo

1 2 Next »
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 33 All times are in CDT
Poldaran, Anonymous Guests (32)