Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

Go Dolphins! Follow

#27 Feb 04 2013 at 11:41 AM Rating: Good
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
16,595 posts
Debalic wrote:
someproteinguy wrote:
Elinda wrote:
Football, however, promotes brain damage.

Professional football players are already hideous freaks of nature. I can't imagine any of them living normal lives anyway.

Oh, I thought she was talking about the spectators. Or is that just for us Jets fans?
You've seen the cheese heads.




____________________________
Alma wrote:
I lost my post
#28 Feb 04 2013 at 11:44 AM Rating: Good
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
16,595 posts
someproteinguy wrote:

Professional football players are already hideous freaks of nature. I can't imagine any of them living normal lives anyway.

Not if they're wearing them ***-tight pants around for too long.

____________________________
Alma wrote:
I lost my post
#29 Feb 04 2013 at 2:57 PM Rating: Good
Soulless Internet Tiger
******
35,379 posts
Hold on. us Jets fans? You admit to being a Jets fan? You're either brave or shameless to admit that with the gong show they've got over there.
____________________________
Donate. One day it could be your family.


An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come. Victor Hugo

#30 Feb 04 2013 at 3:49 PM Rating: Default
Encyclopedia
******
34,982 posts
BrownDuck wrote:
As a male, I found Beyonce's show rather ***** inducing. As a responsible citizen, I didn't find it any more particularly family oriented than the JJ debacle. Beyonce is **** as **** and she put on a good show, but with all the hip gyrating and *** pumping, I hardly think it was appropriate for the superbowl.


I don't know if I'd say she's **** as ****. Somewhat attractive and trying too hard might be a better description. But then again, given the apparent horribleness of her song lyrics (are all her songs basically repeating a handful of words over and over?), she kinda doesn't have anything else going for her. This was arguably the worst halftime show I've seen pretty much ever. Boring. Monotonous. After the first 20 seconds of hip gyration, it was like "Ok. Does she do anything else?". Apparently not.

Edited, Feb 4th 2013 1:49pm by gbaji
____________________________
King Nobby wrote:
More words please
#31 Feb 04 2013 at 3:49 PM Rating: Good
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
16,595 posts
someproteinguy wrote:
Elinda wrote:
BrownDuck wrote:

Good thing I'm not one of those uptight suburbanites who complains to their congressman about every potential violation of my "family values".
So =4 gets it instead. Smiley: rolleyes

Is there a better place to discuss pointless moral values while fantasizing about women in skimpy outfits?

If so, share plz. Smiley: flowers
I'm so sorry if this is the only place you all have for that.

I'll try and be accommodating. Smiley: nod

Next weeks discussion thread will be about womens roll in the 21st century SI Swimsuit edition.
____________________________
Alma wrote:
I lost my post
#32 Feb 04 2013 at 3:54 PM Rating: Good
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
16,595 posts
gbaji wrote:
BrownDuck wrote:
As a male, I found Beyonce's show rather ***** inducing. As a responsible citizen, I didn't find it any more particularly family oriented than the JJ debacle. Beyonce is **** as **** and she put on a good show, but with all the hip gyrating and *** pumping, I hardly think it was appropriate for the superbowl.


I don't know if I'd say she's **** as ****. Somewhat attractive and trying too hard might be a better description. But then again, given the apparent horribleness of her song lyrics (are all her songs basically repeating a handful of words over and over?), she kinda doesn't have anything else going for her. This was arguably the worst halftime show I've seen pretty much ever. Boring. Monotonous. After the first 20 seconds of hip gyration, it was like "Ok. Does she do anything else?". Apparently not.

Edited, Feb 4th 2013 1:49pm by gbaji

The special effects were good. I liked the fire that spread into the two faces at the beginning and the way they used lights to enhance the dancing stuffs. The music was rather blah, but the grandstand at the Superbowl is not really the place to get into meaningful lyrics. Madonna's music was better (and she can sing), but all-in-all I liked this show better.



____________________________
Alma wrote:
I lost my post
#33 Feb 04 2013 at 4:10 PM Rating: Good
GBATE!! Never saw it coming
Avatar
****
9,342 posts
Elinda wrote:
the grandstand at the Superbowl is not really the place to get into meaningful lyrics.
Slipknot Super Bowl Half Time Show '14 GO!!
____________________________
Jophiel wrote:
Last week, I saw a guy with an eyepatch and a gold monocle and pointed him out to Flea as one of the most awesome things I've seen, ever. If I had an eyepatch and a gold monocle, I'd always dress up as Mr. Peanut but with a hook hand and a parrot.
#34 Feb 04 2013 at 4:38 PM Rating: Decent
Encyclopedia
******
34,982 posts
I'm not even asking for meaningful lyrics. Just lyrics. Or even interesting music. Normally, artists show up with a medley of their best and/or most popular songs. While I'm clearly not a Beyonce fan, I'd expect to at least be able to recognize some difference between one song and another. Maybe it was just poor sound work, but I couldn't even make out lyrics at all. Just seemed like a mumble that all sounded the same. It was pretty bad. No. It was really really bad.
____________________________
King Nobby wrote:
More words please
#35 Feb 04 2013 at 4:52 PM Rating: Decent
Keeper of the Shroud
*****
13,553 posts
Friar Bijou wrote:
Elinda wrote:
the grandstand at the Superbowl is not really the place to get into meaningful lyrics.
Slipknot Super Bowl Half Time Show '14 GO!!


Actually, some of their stuff has a bit more depth to it than most give them credit for. Corey Taylor can write a **** good song if he wants to.
#36 Feb 04 2013 at 4:59 PM Rating: Excellent
****
6,758 posts
To be fair a football stadium isn't the best venue to display one's vocal talents, and given all the hub-bub about the fact that she lip-synched the National Anthem for the inaguration, there was no way she wasn't going to do that show live. I won't argue with you regarding the songwriting, most pop songs are rubbish as to the poetry of the lyrics anyways. However, the gal has a **** of a singing voice and as to her looks, there's no question that she's freakishly attractive.

But that's ok gbaji, we all know you hate the brown people.
____________________________
Some people are like slinkies, they aren't really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.
#37 Feb 04 2013 at 5:15 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
Furthermore, Gbaji would like it if all of you got off his lawn. You whippersnappers with your Negresses shaking their derrieres like French girls Smiley: disappointed
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#38 Feb 04 2013 at 5:33 PM Rating: Excellent
Lets face it, the most important thing that happened last night was really the commercial for weed that VW did.



Edited, Feb 4th 2013 6:35pm by Omegavegeta
____________________________
"The Rich are there to take all of the money & pay none of the taxes, the middle class is there to do all the work and pay all the taxes, and the poor are there to scare the crap out of the middle class." -George Carlin


#39 Feb 04 2013 at 6:04 PM Rating: Decent
Prodigal Son
******
20,518 posts
Uglysasquatch wrote:
Hold on. us Jets fans? You admit to being a Jets fan? You're either brave or shameless to admit that with the gong show they've got over there.

Always have been, always will be. I still remember my Mark Gastineau tee-shirt.

Sometimes things have to get really, really bad before they get better. Hopefully after next year they'll bounce Fatty and his Dumbcat offense, get rid of a QB and finish rebuilding.
____________________________
publiusvarus wrote:
we all know liberals are well adjusted american citizens who only want what's best for society. While conservatives are evil money grubbing scum who only want to sh*t on the little man and rob the world of its resources.
#40 Feb 05 2013 at 5:58 AM Rating: Good
******
27,272 posts
Turin wrote:
Friar Bijou wrote:
Elinda wrote:
the grandstand at the Superbowl is not really the place to get into meaningful lyrics.
Slipknot Super Bowl Half Time Show '14 GO!!


Actually, some of their stuff has a bit more depth to it than most give them credit for. Corey Taylor can write a **** good song if he wants to.
Too bad about all the gimmicky crap. I'd rather see a Lamb Of God Superbowl halftime show. Assuming Randy Blythe isn't in some Czech prison for the next couple years anyway.

Edited, Feb 5th 2013 1:03pm by Aethien
____________________________
Theophany wrote:
YOU'RE AN ELITIST @#%^ AETHIEN, NO WONDER YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS AND PEOPLE HATE YOU.
someproteinguy wrote:
Aethien you take more terrible pictures than a Japanese tourist.
Astarin wrote:
One day, Maz, you'll learn not to click on anything Aeth links.
#41 Feb 07 2013 at 11:20 AM Rating: Good
Needs More Smut
******
21,262 posts
The thing that made Beyonce's performance for me, and many folks my age, was the sudden appearance of the rest of Destiny's Child. They were the formative vocal group of my teenage years.

Edited, Feb 7th 2013 12:20pm by catwho
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck: Retired December 2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest and Taprara Rara on Lamia Server - Member of The Swarm
Curator of the XIV Wallpapers Tumblr and the XIV Fashion Tumblr
#42 Feb 07 2013 at 11:38 AM Rating: Good
Worst. Title. Ever!
*****
16,908 posts
catwho wrote:
the sudden appearance of the rest of Destiny's Child


I had no Idea who they were until either Stewart or Colbert (I forget who) joked about them being contest winners on Monday's episode.
____________________________
Can't sleep, clown will eat me.
#43 Feb 07 2013 at 11:45 AM Rating: Good
******
49,824 posts
Well, that's not really a bad description of them.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#44 Feb 07 2013 at 11:49 AM Rating: Good
Needs More Smut
******
21,262 posts
They did this song:

____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck: Retired December 2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest and Taprara Rara on Lamia Server - Member of The Swarm
Curator of the XIV Wallpapers Tumblr and the XIV Fashion Tumblr
#45 Feb 07 2013 at 12:07 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
I spent the performance telling my son "I'm pretty sure those other two were from some trio Beyoncé used to be with... umm... uhh... erm... uh.... [seconds before performance in over]... Destiny's Child!!"

To which I was rewarded with a "That's great, old man" look. Ah, well. At least I didn't say Salt-N-Peppa.
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#46 Feb 07 2013 at 12:16 PM Rating: Good
Sage
****
4,042 posts
That's okay Joph, you're probably pushing almost a decade on me and I blurted out loud, "What, are they gonna sing 'No Scrubs'?"
#47 Feb 07 2013 at 3:13 PM Rating: Default
Encyclopedia
******
34,982 posts
catwho wrote:
The thing that made Beyonce's performance for me, and many folks my age, was the sudden appearance of the rest of Destiny's Child. They were the formative vocal group of my teenage years.


I think that was part of the problem though. If you already have an performer with a niche following to begin with, and you're going to introduce another surprise performer(s) to create buzz and appeal, perhaps going with someone who isn't basically in the same niche following would be a good idea. For the probably 60% of superbowl viewers (and I'm probably being kind to Beyonce with that number) who had only heard of Beyonce by name and couldn't recognize any of her songs, tossing out her former bandmates doesn't actually add anything to the show. If you're going to do that sort of thing, do it cross genre so you actually increase the viewer interest in the show.
____________________________
King Nobby wrote:
More words please
#48 Feb 07 2013 at 6:58 PM Rating: Excellent
Gurue
*****
16,299 posts
Joph and Guenny should be ashamed. And then shot.
#49 Feb 07 2013 at 7:15 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
I keep an assault rifle under my computer desk to scare away the Destiny's Child marauders. Also, to give the little guy something to play with when he's poking around down there.
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#50 Feb 07 2013 at 7:21 PM Rating: Good
******
49,824 posts
I've never used my ***** to fire a rifle, but it sounds like it'd be painful.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#51 Feb 07 2013 at 7:22 PM Rating: Decent
Encyclopedia
******
34,982 posts
Good to see I'm not the only one who read it that way. We are a sad sad lot.
____________________________
King Nobby wrote:
More words please
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 1 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (1)