Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

LOL GOP Rap Shennanigans (WORST THREAD EVER)Follow

#102 Jan 29 2013 at 9:00 PM Rating: Decent
Prodigal Son
*****
19,980 posts
Samira wrote:
I always find it odd that we only ever talk about rape as happening to women. I'm pretty sure men and boys are the victims of sexual assault sometimes, and not just har-har-har in prison.

I've heard some arguments stating that males can't be raped because in most cases the ***** gets hard. As if erections can't happen any way other than emotional arousal - simple friction or pressure can do the trick. **** sometimes I get hard just from the rubbing against my jeans as I walk.
____________________________
publiusvarus wrote:
we all know liberals are well adjusted american citizens who only want what's best for society. While conservatives are evil money grubbing scum who only want to sh*t on the little man and rob the world of its resources.
#103 Jan 29 2013 at 9:04 PM Rating: Good
Worst. Title. Ever!
*****
14,958 posts
Debalic wrote:
Samira wrote:
I always find it odd that we only ever talk about rape as happening to women. I'm pretty sure men and boys are the victims of sexual assault sometimes, and not just har-har-har in prison.

I've heard some arguments stating that males can't be raped because in most cases the ***** gets hard. As if erections can't happen any way other than emotional arousal - simple friction or pressure can do the trick. **** sometimes I get hard just from the rubbing against my jeans as I walk.


People are not afraid for their ***** when they drop the soap in a prison shower. Just saying.
____________________________
Can't sleep, clown will eat me.
#104 Jan 29 2013 at 10:38 PM Rating: Excellent
**
489 posts
Elinda wrote:
What are we instructed to do if we're being robbed? Give the robber whatever he/she wants - it's only money it's not worth getting hurt or killed over.

Why aren't we given those instructions if we're being raped?

Not the best of answers.

#105 Jan 30 2013 at 7:38 AM Rating: Excellent
Will swallow your soul
******
28,262 posts
Telling someone to enjoy being raped is demeaning. Telling someone not to fight their attacker could save their life, in theory.

I'm not sure you have a lot of choice in your reaction, in the event, what with panic and adrenaline kicking in.
____________________________
In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

#106 Jan 30 2013 at 8:03 AM Rating: Good
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
16,065 posts
Samira wrote:
I always find it odd that we only ever talk about rape as happening to women. I'm pretty sure men and boys are the victims of sexual assault sometimes, and not just har-har-har in prison.

I imagine Men are pretty hesitant to report sexual crimes against themselves.

Wiki tells us.....
wikiwoowoowoo wrote:
Since only a small percentage of acts of sexual violence are brought to the attention of the authorities, it is difficult to compile accurate statistics. Often the statistics of successful convictions are looked at lieu of this. The U.S. Bureau of Justice Statistics (1997) stated that that 91% of United States people whose rape accusations resulted in convictions against the accused were female and 9% were male. It also stated that 99% of the people convicted of and imprisoned in response to rape accusations were male, with only 1% of those convicted being female.[1]


It's interesting that nearly all the convictions are men.
____________________________
Alma wrote:
Post and be happy!
#107 Jan 30 2013 at 8:05 AM Rating: Good
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
16,065 posts
BonYogi wrote:
Elinda wrote:
What are we instructed to do if we're being robbed? Give the robber whatever he/she wants - it's only money it's not worth getting hurt or killed over.

Why aren't we given those instructions if we're being raped?

Not the best of answers.

Smiley: lol

If the woman enjoys it then her magical internal anti-rape pregnancy blocker may not trigger.
____________________________
Alma wrote:
Post and be happy!
#108 Jan 30 2013 at 8:34 AM Rating: Decent
******
43,937 posts
Debalic wrote:
**** sometimes I get hard just from the rubbing against my jeans as I walk.
Yeah, but the minute my **** gets hard from rubbing against a napping sixteen year old girl it's a crime. How is that fair?
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#109 Jan 30 2013 at 8:55 AM Rating: Default
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
16,065 posts
Belkira wrote:
Elinda wrote:
Belkira wrote:


And why wouldn't a woman fight back if someone is trying to violate her?

That's basically the same question I asked.

What are we instructed to do if we're being robbed? Give the robber whatever he/she wants - it's only money it's not worth getting hurt or killed over.

Why aren't we given those instructions if we're being raped?




I don't think it is your intention, but you just compared a woman's body to a wad of cash. Being robbed is nothing like assault.
No I didn't. Did you just compare a woman's body to simply being a vessel for intercourse?

I also never said that rape is enjoyable or that I enjoy rape. I said I enjoy ***. I also said sometimes I didn't - my husband read that and was not at all pleased.

Let me make this as clear as possible as you're choosing to muddy the issue with things like my stupidity.

We perceive rape to be a greater crime than simple physical assault. Sure there is the non-consensual passing of body fluids that could lead to disease or pregnancy that might not occur with other forms of physical assault (although disease transmission is more likely to occur through a bite that breaks the skin versus intercourse). My claim is that this perception is enhanced by societal pressures and stigmas about sexuality.

Do you think a one year old kid will be 'scarred' for life if some non-parental grown-up massages their pee-pee? No, as long as there is no pain the kid could care less. Why would an adult find that same act so abhorrent and distressful?

Why can teachers no longer hug a child who needs comforting?

Why do I have to have a female staff member in the examination room when a male doctor examines me below the waist?

Why is there a public register for *** offenders but not a register for stabbers or shooters or face-eaters?
____________________________
Alma wrote:
Post and be happy!
#110 Jan 30 2013 at 9:03 AM Rating: Good
****
6,470 posts
Smiley: oyvey
____________________________
Latest Articles:
Monaco: What's Yours is Mine Review

Follow me on Twitter!
#111 Jan 30 2013 at 10:47 AM Rating: Decent
Lunatic
******
29,431 posts
hen I have no idea what your point is about *** being enjoyable when talking about rape.

And why wouldn't a woman fight back if someone is trying to violate her?

I don't think it's a "hang up about ***" if you expect not to be forced into having it when you don't want to.


I think the point is that if someone was assaulted and forced to eat chocolate chip cookies, or some other activity they enjoy when not being forced to do so, it's fairly unlikely that it would be considered a special particularly horrible crime that no one was ever allowed to joke about or imply that it might not be the most magically horrible thing that could ever happen to person.

That's the part where the hang ups come into play. Also, the crime of coercing someone to eat cookies when they really didn't want to without the use of overt force *probably* wouldn't be considered a crime similar in scale to attempted murder.

Understand yet?

Edited, Jan 30th 2013 11:48am by Smasharoo
____________________________
Disclaimer:

To make a long story short, I don't take any responsibility for anything I post here. It's not news, it's not truth, it's not serious. It's parody. It's satire. It's bitter. It's angsty. Your mother's a *****. You like to jack off dogs. That's right, you heard me. You like to grab that dog by the bone and rub it like a ski pole. Your dad? ***. Your priest? Straight. **** off and let me post. It's not true, it's all in good fun. Now go away.

#112 Jan 30 2013 at 10:57 AM Rating: Excellent
****
6,470 posts
ITT: Asylumites mock gbaji for his neanderthal views on rape; then assert neanderthal views on rape.
____________________________
Latest Articles:
Monaco: What's Yours is Mine Review

Follow me on Twitter!
#113 Jan 30 2013 at 11:02 AM Rating: Good
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
16,065 posts
Eske Esquire wrote:
ITT: Asylumites mock gbaji for his neanderthal views on rape; then assert neanderthal views on rape.

I don't agree one iota with gbaji about rape. In fact, i think societies taboo's concerning non-consensual sexual contact is likely a cause of half-wits concluding that 'it's not rape if there are no marks'.

You can't seem to grasp a rather simple concept and so conclude that I'm a neanderthal (I'll not dispute the claim against Smash)?

Who's the simpleton here?
____________________________
Alma wrote:
Post and be happy!
#114 Jan 30 2013 at 11:07 AM Rating: Excellent
Meat Popsicle
*****
11,872 posts
This thread is becoming very offensive to Neanderthals.
____________________________
That monster in the mirror, he just might be you. -Grover
#115 Jan 30 2013 at 11:09 AM Rating: Excellent
******
43,937 posts
Concuss woman, drag woman, propagate with woman, play video games.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#116 Jan 30 2013 at 11:25 AM Rating: Excellent
****
6,470 posts
Elinda wrote:
Eske Esquire wrote:
ITT: Asylumites mock gbaji for his neanderthal views on rape; then assert neanderthal views on rape.

I don't agree one iota with gbaji about rape. In fact, i think societies taboo's concerning non-consensual sexual contact is likely a cause of half-wits concluding that 'it's not rape if there are no marks'.

You can't seem to grasp a rather simple concept and so conclude that I'm a neanderthal (I'll not dispute the claim against Smash)?

Who's the simpleton here?


The concept is indeed simple. That's precisely the problem. It's too reductionist. It disregards the obvious complexities of the issue - so much so, in fact, that I had to assume that you were trolling. Rape is traumatic for a variety of reasons, and that's self-evident. Take, for example, the trauma of having one's body used by force against one's will. Or the shock of an intimate action used in a violent, selfish manner? I'm just shooting from the hip here; there are plenty of reasons, and they're not all about petty hangups.

Your entire premise fails at its very conception. I don't disagree with you that our hangups about *** contribute the the trauma. They very much do. But, unfortunately, that wasn't the extent of your claim.

Now you're just going the full gbaji: taking your point to extreme, stupid measures in order to defend it, when you should just pare it back to something vaguely logical.

And settle down, I didn't call you a neanderthal, just your argument. I called you a hypocrite.
____________________________
Latest Articles:
Monaco: What's Yours is Mine Review

Follow me on Twitter!
#117 Jan 30 2013 at 11:40 AM Rating: Excellent
You don't seem to be able to actually understand what they're saying eske, perhaps you should read a bit more carefully.
____________________________
01001001 00100000 01001100 01001001 01001011 01000101 00100000 01000011 01000001 01001011 01000101
You'll always be stupid, you'll just be stupid with more information in your brain
Forum FAQ
#118 Jan 30 2013 at 11:54 AM Rating: Excellent
****
6,470 posts
Sir Xsarus wrote:
You don't seem to be able to actually understand what they're saying eske, perhaps you should read a bit more carefully.


Quote:
Rape is the traumatic deal that it is because of our collective hang-ups about ***.


I'd love for you to explain what nuance I've missed.
____________________________
Latest Articles:
Monaco: What's Yours is Mine Review

Follow me on Twitter!
#119 Jan 30 2013 at 12:32 PM Rating: Decent
Elinda wrote:
We perceive rape to be a greater crime than simple physical assault. Sure there is the non-consensual passing of body fluids that could lead to disease or pregnancy that might not occur with other forms of physical assault (although disease transmission is more likely to occur through a bite that breaks the skin versus intercourse). My claim is that this perception is enhanced by societal pressures and stigmas about sexuality.


Rape's pretty much the most extreme, & effective, way for all kinds of us animals to exert dominance over another. We understand this instinctively, but being the intelligent apes that we are, (FUCK YOU NEANDERTHALS!) we get to comprehend the horror, trauma, & memory of being raped. Rape is rape. It doesn't have to leave marks, & just because we're one of the few species we know of on this planet whom get our rocks off for fun (I think I've read that dolphins & hyenas; of both sexes, because of the female hyena's huge ******* ****) do too, I don't even think it has to be sexual - even if there's penetration.

We only stigmatize rape because we're intelligent enough to do so, which only makes it suck more for us.
____________________________
"The Rich are there to take all of the money & pay none of the taxes, the middle class is there to do all the work and pay all the taxes, and the poor are there to scare the crap out of the middle class." -George Carlin


#120 Jan 30 2013 at 12:36 PM Rating: Decent
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
16,065 posts
Omegavegeta wrote:

Rape's pretty much the most extreme, & effective, way for all kinds of us animals to exert dominance over another.
I've heard water-boarding works pretty good.
____________________________
Alma wrote:
Post and be happy!
#121 Jan 30 2013 at 12:36 PM Rating: Excellent
Cervixhouse-Five
******
30,643 posts
I do think that rape is worse than simple physical assault. It is an assault on a very private and intimate part of a person's body. The very fact that *** is an enjoyable act when consensual is part of that violation.

If someone force-fed me chocolate chip cookies (this is assuming that the force feedin is the other person prying my mouth open and shoving as many cookies as they want down my throst while I cry in pain and fear all the while threatening my life if I make a sound or tell anyone) I imagine it would be quite difficult for me to ever look at another chocolate chip cookie again, let alone eat one.

And yes, I do believe that a one year old who is forced to have their genitalia played with against their will would have some issues.
#122 Jan 30 2013 at 12:42 PM Rating: Good
Quote:
I've heard water-boarding works pretty good.


Rape would be more effective, especially in the long term. See; prison.

Although I suppose rape coupled with torture is probably the worst thing that could happen to a person, especially if they're kept alive.
____________________________
"The Rich are there to take all of the money & pay none of the taxes, the middle class is there to do all the work and pay all the taxes, and the poor are there to scare the crap out of the middle class." -George Carlin


#123 Jan 30 2013 at 1:53 PM Rating: Excellent
******
43,937 posts
Belkira wrote:
If someone force-fed me chocolate chip cookies (this is assuming that the force feedin is the other person prying my mouth open and shoving as many cookies as they want down my throst while I cry in pain and fear all the while threatening my life if I make a sound or tell anyone) I imagine it would be quite difficult for me to ever look at another chocolate chip cookie again, let alone eat one.
Jenny Craig has nothing on you, sister. Start making infomercials.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#124 Jan 30 2013 at 5:32 PM Rating: Decent
Lunatic
******
29,431 posts

The concept is indeed simple. That's precisely the problem. It's too reductionist. It disregards the obvious complexities of the issue - so much so, in fact, that I had to assume that you were trolling. Rape is traumatic for a variety of reasons, and that's self-evident. Take, for example, the trauma of having one's body used by force against one's will. Or the shock of an intimate action used in a violent, selfish manner? I'm just shooting from the hip here; there are plenty of reasons, and they're not all about petty hangups.


They're not petty. It's such a big deal because you've robbed a women of the only thing society values her for: her sexuality. That's the point. Every cry or "rape isn't funny, ever" or "lots of people don't understand rape" or whatever else to make it clear that it's exceptional thing unlike any other crime just validates the idea that women are meat holes we use to motivate men to do things. If you violate a woman's sexuality, well that's it. You can't do anything worse to her because absolutely nothing else about her has any value.

That's the message you want to send? Really?
____________________________
Disclaimer:

To make a long story short, I don't take any responsibility for anything I post here. It's not news, it's not truth, it's not serious. It's parody. It's satire. It's bitter. It's angsty. Your mother's a *****. You like to jack off dogs. That's right, you heard me. You like to grab that dog by the bone and rub it like a ski pole. Your dad? ***. Your priest? Straight. **** off and let me post. It's not true, it's all in good fun. Now go away.

#125 Jan 30 2013 at 5:35 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
Smasharoo wrote:
If you violate a woman's sexuality, well that's it. You can't do anything worse to her because absolutely nothing else about her has any value.

That's one **** of a rape that made her kidneys no good.
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#126 Jan 30 2013 at 5:39 PM Rating: Decent
Lunatic
******
29,431 posts

That's one **** of a rape that made her kidneys no good.


No one ever talks about Donkey Punch Rape, Joph, because they just don't want to deal with the truth. It happens, oh it happens all the time. A woman is donkey punch raped once every 4 NHL games.
____________________________
Disclaimer:

To make a long story short, I don't take any responsibility for anything I post here. It's not news, it's not truth, it's not serious. It's parody. It's satire. It's bitter. It's angsty. Your mother's a *****. You like to jack off dogs. That's right, you heard me. You like to grab that dog by the bone and rub it like a ski pole. Your dad? ***. Your priest? Straight. **** off and let me post. It's not true, it's all in good fun. Now go away.

#127gbaji, Posted: Jan 30 2013 at 5:49 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) I think that society's taboos concerning and individual's trauma resulting from non-consensual sexual contact is why we weight rape so heavily against other crimes in the first place. And yes, this does lead to the assumption that since rape is such a horrific violation of the individual that anyone being subjected to it would struggle as much as possible to avoid it. If a woman were to do as you said, it would represent a decision by the woman that the sexual contact she's being subjected to is preferable to whatever other physical harm she might suffer if she resists. She's making that decision. Not me. Not the courts. She is making it. Which counters the assumption we have which causes us to weight rape so heavily in the first place.
#128 Jan 30 2013 at 5:52 PM Rating: Default
Encyclopedia
******
31,748 posts
Belkira wrote:
I do think that rape is worse than simple physical assault. It is an assault on a very private and intimate part of a person's body. The very fact that *** is an enjoyable act when consensual is part of that violation.


Agreed. Which is why it's bewildering why some women will choose to submit to the sexual demands of their attacker out of fear of a possible assault if they don't.

Quote:
If someone force-fed me chocolate chip cookies (this is assuming that the force feedin is the other person prying my mouth open and shoving as many cookies as they want down my throst while I cry in pain and fear all the while threatening my life if I make a sound or tell anyone) I imagine it would be quite difficult for me to ever look at another chocolate chip cookie again, let alone eat one.


That would probably leave marks too. /ducks
____________________________
King Nobby wrote:
More words please
#129 Jan 30 2013 at 5:57 PM Rating: Excellent
Gbaji wrote:
Belkira wrote:
I do think that rape is worse than simple physical assault. It is an assault on a very private and intimate part of a person's body. The very fact that *** is an enjoyable act when consensual is part of that violation.


Agreed. Which is why it's bewildering why some women will choose to submit to the sexual demands of their attacker out of fear of a possible assault if they don't.


Gbaji .... what part of rape do you think is choice?

You know what .. I was going to be kind, but I've had a glass or two of wine and you are a complete <insert rude word here> for what you posted (and yes I need to read back a few responses but OMFG)

Gbaji wrote:
Obviously, there are exceptions to this where the woman is unable to resist (she's drugged for instance), but there are a number of cases where a woman chooses to comply with the sexual demands of her attacker out of fear of some other consequence. This absolutely suggests that she placed a greater weight on those other consequences than on the sexual act itself. So the weight of the crime should be less than that which she avoided by submitting to the sexual act.


Now this may be news to you honey, but men are larger and stronger. They can also use weapons. There may be no choice, there may be no ability to resist. So according to your logic, unless you come out with battle scars ... you consented on some level? You reprobate. Smiley: mad

Edited, Jan 30th 2013 7:07pm by JennockFV

Edited, Jan 30th 2013 7:10pm by JennockFV
#130gbaji, Posted: Jan 30 2013 at 6:26 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Why? Because I'm pointing out a truth that is uncomfortable for many people to face? Too bad.
#131 Jan 30 2013 at 6:42 PM Rating: Excellent
gbaji wrote:
You just quoted where I explained this quite clearly. I'm presenting a specific scenario, not rape as a whole.


Good for you. You continue to argue about specific scenarios of rape. Because it's not so bad in some circumstances???? Smiley: rolleyes

gbaji wrote:
Ah. Emotion and not reason. Nothing ever changes.


Wall-o-text and a lawyers morals, nothing ever changes.

Gbaji wrote:
I never said that. I said that if she chose to submit to the sexual demand out of fear of some other consequence, that she must have feared that other consequence *more* than the sexual demand. That's not consent. That's a choice. That the choice is between two bad options doesn't change that fact.


Easy to say when those choices are those you will never be forced to make.

Gbaji wrote:
Quote:
You reprobate. Smiley: mad


Why? Because I'm pointing out a truth that is uncomfortable for many people to face? Too bad.


Actually no, many have faced rape. Not many have faced it with such questionable judgement as yourself however.


Edited, Jan 30th 2013 7:44pm by JennockFV
#132gbaji, Posted: Jan 30 2013 at 6:51 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Aside from being a really silly personal attack, I'm not sure what your point is. Is my statement about choice wrong? You've failed to actually address what I said, and are instead just slinging personal invectives at me in lieu of anything rational. Can you at least try to address what I'm actually saying instead of just knee-jerk reacting?
#133 Jan 30 2013 at 7:00 PM Rating: Excellent
Gbaji wrote:
Aside from being a really silly personal attack, I'm not sure what your point is. Is my statement about choice wrong? You've failed to actually address what I said, and are instead just slinging personal invectives at me in lieu of anything rational. Can you at least try to address what I'm actually saying instead of just knee-jerk reacting?


Okay, so let's take just one part of a statement you made:

Gbaji wrote:
Not to mention, from a legal perspective, we can only consider what can be proven to be true. Just because someone claims that someone else would have done something bad to them if they didn't do something (like submit to ***) that doesn't constitute proof


Gbaji, now I hope this never happens to you, but I would be interested in what your reaction would be if you had a person walk into your office and put a gun against your head and demand that you respond on allas with a single word reply else they blow your brains out I know it would be hard but I have a feeling you would submit. This would be your choice apparently and purely just a claim of someone willing to blow your brains out.

#134 Jan 30 2013 at 7:04 PM Rating: Good
Supreme Lionator
*****
14,174 posts
Quote:
Not to mention, from a legal perspective, we can only consider what can be proven to be true.


Smiley: laugh
____________________________
“Socialism never took root in America because the poor see themselves not as an exploited proletariat but as temporarily embarrassed millionaires.”
#135 Jan 30 2013 at 7:23 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
gbaji wrote:
I did have the unpleasant experience of being the guy with a gun pointed at him while his girlfriend was forced to make one.

He was just defending his liberty. Don't worry about it.
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#136 Jan 30 2013 at 7:26 PM Rating: Decent
******
21,717 posts
Jophiel wrote:
gbaji wrote:
I did have the unpleasant experience of being the guy with a gun pointed at him while his girlfriend was forced to make one.

He was just defending his liberty. Don't worry about it.

I'm sure he was every bit the law abiding citizen.
____________________________
R.I.P. Jessica M. 5/3/2010
This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.
gbaji wrote:
You guys keep tossing facts out there like they mean something.


#137 Jan 30 2013 at 7:30 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
What if Obama broke in right then and tried to tax them? Who would have saved them then from the government tyranny?!
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#138 Jan 30 2013 at 7:42 PM Rating: Good
****
6,470 posts
Smasharoo wrote:

The concept is indeed simple. That's precisely the problem. It's too reductionist. It disregards the obvious complexities of the issue - so much so, in fact, that I had to assume that you were trolling. Rape is traumatic for a variety of reasons, and that's self-evident. Take, for example, the trauma of having one's body used by force against one's will. Or the shock of an intimate action used in a violent, selfish manner? I'm just shooting from the hip here; there are plenty of reasons, and they're not all about petty hangups.


They're not petty. It's such a big deal because you've robbed a women of the only thing society values her for: her sexuality. That's the point. Every cry or "rape isn't funny, ever" or "lots of people don't understand rape" or whatever else to make it clear that it's exceptional thing unlike any other crime just validates the idea that women are meat holes we use to motivate men to do things. If you violate a woman's sexuality, well that's it. You can't do anything worse to her because absolutely nothing else about her has any value.

That's the message you want to send? Really?


Smash being smash.
____________________________
Latest Articles:
Monaco: What's Yours is Mine Review

Follow me on Twitter!
#139 Jan 30 2013 at 8:06 PM Rating: Decent
Encyclopedia
******
31,748 posts
JennockFV wrote:
Okay, so let's take just one part of a statement you made:

Gbaji wrote:
Not to mention, from a legal perspective, we can only consider what can be proven to be true. Just because someone claims that someone else would have done something bad to them if they didn't do something (like submit to ***) that doesn't constitute proof


Gbaji, now I hope this never happens to you, but I would be interested in what your reaction would be if you had a person walk into your office and put a gun against your head and demand that you respond on allas with a single word reply else they blow your brains out I know it would be hard but I have a feeling you would submit.


Of course. Because I am making a choice between two things and I'm more willing to write a one word reply on Alla's than I am willing to have my brains blown out.

Quote:
This would be your choice apparently and purely just a claim of someone willing to blow your brains out.


There are two aspects of this:

1. Assuming I do choose to make a one word reply instead of having my brains blown out, then any third party observer can safely assume that I place greater (negative) weight on having my brains blown out than writing a one word reply. This is why forcing someone to write a one word reply isn't a felony that often results in life in prison and possibly even the death penalty, while blowing someones brains out is. We punish those things differently precisely because one is massively more harmful to the victim than the other, thus we expect a person will choose one over the other quite consistently.

Similarly, we place greater weight on rape than on assault. Rape is considered a more heinous crime and confers a more serious penalty. Thus, just as with the choice you presented, we would assume that someone would choose assault over rape. We'd assume that they'd be willing to suffer some physical pain and injury rather than submit to the sexual demands of their assailant. ****, they'd do it even if just to make it harder for their assailant to succeed. Thus, if someone says they were raped, but there are no signs of struggle, we might question what really happened. And we certainly might speculate that in the specific case involved, the victim did *not* place as much weight on the sexual act as they did on the potential for physical harm.


2. A claim is a claim. If I walk into a police station accusing my co-worker of putting a gun to my head and forcing me to write a one word reply on this forum, and there's no evidence of this happening other than my word, what do you think will happen? They'll question the other person, and when he says he didn't do it, and there is no evidence to support my claim, they'll let him go. Why assume a different level of evidence is required for a rape case than for any other case? Even if what I'm claiming is absolutely true, from a legal perspective, all that matters is what I can prove is true. That's how our legal system works.

I just think that some people get caught up in some kind of absolute determination of "truth". But in any fair legal system, we can't convict people without proof. It's the whole "innocent until proven guilty" thing. That's all I'm saying here. Again, don't read anything more into it than that. It just seems like far too many people view issues like this as "for" or "against". If I'm not willing to chuck out the rules of evidence and proof in our legal system to protect a rape victim, then I'm "against rape victims" and therefore some kind of monster who is in favor of rape. No. I'm for fair justice. If the evidence is sufficient to prove that someone committed rape, then we should punish them harshly. But if the evidence is insufficient, then we shouldn't.



What's wrong with that? I really think you're reading far more into my posts than is actually there.
____________________________
King Nobby wrote:
More words please
#140 Jan 30 2013 at 8:21 PM Rating: Excellent
******
43,937 posts
gbaji wrote:
Because I am making a choice between two things and I'm more willing to write a one word reply on Alla's than I am willing to have my brains blown out.
A choice between something you never do and something you never use. Must have been excruciating trying to decide.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#141 Jan 30 2013 at 10:42 PM Rating: Excellent
Gbaji wrote:
I said that if she chose to submit to the sexual demand out of fear of some other consequence, that she must have feared that other consequence *more* than the sexual demand. That's not consent. That's a choice. That the choice is between two bad options doesn't change that fact.


Because someone settles for a raping instead of pain might make it "less" of a rape when it comes to sentencing, if that makes you happy, but i doubt the victim feels that way. I disagree, but there's always a chance there's another ******* on the jury that doesn't.
____________________________
"The Rich are there to take all of the money & pay none of the taxes, the middle class is there to do all the work and pay all the taxes, and the poor are there to scare the crap out of the middle class." -George Carlin


#142 Jan 31 2013 at 6:14 AM Rating: Decent
Lunatic
******
29,431 posts
I may never be forced to make such a choice, but I did have the unpleasant experience of being the guy with a gun pointed at him while his girlfriend was forced to make one.

Since it's you, I'm going to assume that in about 10 more posts that it'll be revealed that in fact it was a pepper gun and the choice she had to make involved Parmesan cheese at the Old Spaghetti Factory.
____________________________
Disclaimer:

To make a long story short, I don't take any responsibility for anything I post here. It's not news, it's not truth, it's not serious. It's parody. It's satire. It's bitter. It's angsty. Your mother's a *****. You like to jack off dogs. That's right, you heard me. You like to grab that dog by the bone and rub it like a ski pole. Your dad? ***. Your priest? Straight. **** off and let me post. It's not true, it's all in good fun. Now go away.

#143 Jan 31 2013 at 8:04 AM Rating: Good
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
16,065 posts
Smasharoo wrote:
I may never be forced to make such a choice, but I did have the unpleasant experience of being the guy with a gun pointed at him while his girlfriend was forced to make one.

Since it's you, I'm going to assume that in about 10 more posts that it'll be revealed that in fact it was a pepper gun and the choice she had to make involved Parmesan cheese at the Old Spaghetti Factory.

For what it's worth, gbaji has mentioned this event before. If I recall correctly, the story has remained consistent.

____________________________
Alma wrote:
Post and be happy!
#144 Jan 31 2013 at 8:07 AM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
It is, in fact, the only time I can remember where Gbaji references a romantic relationship.
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#145 Jan 31 2013 at 9:38 AM Rating: Excellent
******
43,937 posts
And it required a gun to his head.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#146 Jan 31 2013 at 11:47 AM Rating: Good
***
2,010 posts
Gbaji, I rarely address you specifically, but this time? You go too far.

If I am understanding you correctly, you are arguing that somehow rape isn't so bad if the woman manages to make it out of the ordeal alive. I cannot believe that even you could say something so absolutely insulting and disgusting.

So if I am forced to the ground, penetrated viciously and I fail to fight back after the attacker I can't even see says "make one sound and you'll die", it's not really much of a crime at all. After all, I could have chosen to die instead of just being raped, right?

You know what? With attitudes like yours, I might as well have. Shame on you sir. Shame on you.

And as for Elinda, I just don't even know what to say to you. Rape isn't the big deal it is just because of some hangups about ***. It's the big deal it is because if I don't want to have *** with someone I don't want to have *** with them regardless of whether my consentual activites involve never having the lights on or not. It's about a woman's choice being forcefully taken away by someone who doesn't have the right to choose for her. Even if we lived in a society that encouraged random acts of *** on the street, if one party involved said no and the act continued depite it, it becomes a violation.

Edited, Jan 31st 2013 12:59pm by Torrence
#147 Jan 31 2013 at 12:20 PM Rating: Decent
Lunatic
******
29,431 posts
And as for Elinda, I just don't even know what to say to you. Rape isn't the big deal it is just because of some hangups about ***. It's the big deal it is because if I don't want to have *** with someone I don't want to have *** with them regardless of whether my consentual activites involve never having the lights on or not. It's about a woman's choice being forcefully taken away by someone who doesn't have the right to choose for her. Even if we lived in a society that encouraged random acts of *** on the street, if one party involved said no and the act continued depite it, it becomes a violation.

Don't be a moron, it's about scale. No one, Gbaji included, is arguing that it shouldn't be a crime to be forced to have ***, by any means. No one, Gbaji included is arguing it's not a serious crime. What some people are arguing to various degrees is that the *severity* of the crime is out of proportion in our current society. "rape is as bad as murder" is really a fairly common sentiment. It's not a binary situation, something isn't either benign or the worst thing possible. There's a gradient. Is rape worse than being permanently blinded or disfigured? I'd argue that while still being quite horrible, that no, in most cases there's more harm done by cutting someone's eyes out or causing permanent maiming. That view is currently not reflected in our legal code. Why? Is rape involving age of consent without force worse than burning a house to the ground with people inside? Currently as a society we say yes in most cases. That's the issue. The scale of the horror. Not that there is any.
____________________________
Disclaimer:

To make a long story short, I don't take any responsibility for anything I post here. It's not news, it's not truth, it's not serious. It's parody. It's satire. It's bitter. It's angsty. Your mother's a *****. You like to jack off dogs. That's right, you heard me. You like to grab that dog by the bone and rub it like a ski pole. Your dad? ***. Your priest? Straight. **** off and let me post. It's not true, it's all in good fun. Now go away.

#148 Jan 31 2013 at 12:26 PM Rating: Default
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
16,065 posts
Torrence wrote:

And as for Elinda, I just don't even know what to say to you.


And yet, say stuff you did.


____________________________
Alma wrote:
Post and be happy!
#149 Jan 31 2013 at 12:29 PM Rating: Good
***
2,010 posts
Smasharoo wrote:

Is rape worse than being permanently blinded or disfigured?


It sure could be. Rape doesn't just disappear after it's happened, the same as with being blinded or disfigured. If there is transmission of an STD or a pregnancy involved, it's even more permanent. Just because the scars aren't visible to you, doesn't mean they aren't there.


Smasharoo wrote:

Is rape involving age of consent without force worse than burning a house to the ground with people inside? Currently as a society we say yes in most cases. That's the issue. The scale of the horror. Not that there is any.


I'm still trying to figure out wtf you are saying here. Are you talking about statuatory rape? Well, that's a completely separate issue from the rape I (and I think most people in this thread) was talking about. I was talking about the kind of rape where a woman says no, and a man does it anyway. Do I think that a seventeen year old girl begging her mother not to press charges on her nineteen year old boyfriend is something to compare to someone burning people alive? Of course not. Don't be a moron.
#150 Jan 31 2013 at 12:29 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
Elinda wrote:
Torrence wrote:
And as for Elinda, I just don't even know what to say to you.
And yet, say stuff you did.

It's a Rape Thread miracle!
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#151 Jan 31 2013 at 12:34 PM Rating: Good
******
43,937 posts
Every time a bell rings, a demon sodomizes an infidel.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 63 All times are in CDT
Jophiel, Anonymous Guests (62)