Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

LOL GOP Rap Shennanigans (WORST THREAD EVER)Follow

#52 Jan 26 2013 at 6:03 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
******
27,270 posts
Jophiel wrote:
Yeah, she can say whatever she wants as she tries to backpedal out of the spotlight. The text of the law clearly states that procuring an abortion is tampering with evidence. It also includes coercion but does not specify that coercion must take place for the law to apply.

Now if she wants to amend it to clearly state that this law never holds the mother culpable, she should do just that.
She's either grossly incompetent or a complete nut. Honestly, both are equally plausible considering the fact that she represents Carlsbad.

We really need to deal with people like this in the party. Smiley: mad
____________________________
Someone on another forum wrote:
Wow, you've got an awesome writing style.! I really dig the narrator's back story, humor, sarcasm, and the plethora of pop culture references. Altogether a refreshingly different RotR journal (not that I don't like the more traditional ones, mind you).

#53 Jan 28 2013 at 12:28 PM Rating: Excellent
***
2,010 posts
gbaji wrote:


I seem to recall that the whole unfairness of a congress made up mostly of men passing legislation about abortion was brought up fairly front and center the last time we had an abortion thread. And I'm pretty sure it was more than just one or two people arguing that since it only affects women then men should not have any say in it at all (even legislatively). Said opinion was generally disagreed with by the board as a whole as being ridiculous (and frankly unworkable in any real legal system), but it is an opinion that crops up in this subject with sufficient frequency to make note of.


Well, no one wants to make men feel like their thoughts and opinions don't matter, but this is the sort of legislation that has a far greater impact on women and that's why you will get folks asking you to step away from the table.

Being raped is traumatizing. It's just one of the most awful things that can ever happen. Ever. Mostly because often it's by someone you know and are supposed to be able to trust. Partly because feeling defenseless and powerless in any way breaks the human spirit. It's not something that the vast majority of men have had to deal with on the receiving end, and that's why when one of you trivializes it in any way, women react strongly. It's because we really feel that you just don't understand.

Besides that aspect, if I get raped, and as a result get pregnant, that's an issue that's happening to me. Only me. Not you, some random guy probably halfway across the world that I've never met. Why should your opinion on what I do after that matter?

If your opinion on what I will do in this specific instance doesn't matter, why should your opinion on what I can do on the issue in general matter?
#54 Jan 28 2013 at 12:31 PM Rating: Excellent
******
43,157 posts
Torrence wrote:
Well, no one wants to make men feel like their thoughts and opinions don't matter,
You're not married, are you?
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#55 Jan 28 2013 at 12:34 PM Rating: Excellent
Meat Popsicle
Avatar
*****
11,428 posts
lolgaxe wrote:
Torrence wrote:
Well, no one wants to make men feel like their thoughts and opinions don't matter,
You're not married, are you?


QFT.

Ironic linky. Smiley: lol


____________________________
That monster in the mirror, he just might be you. -Grover
#56 Jan 28 2013 at 2:24 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
******
26,701 posts
someproteinguy wrote:
lolgaxe wrote:
Torrence wrote:
Well, no one wants to make men feel like their thoughts and opinions don't matter,
You're not married, are you?


QFT.

Ironic linky. Smiley: lol


Are you saving up for your Porsche and/or motorbike yet? Before you know it you'll be in a midlife crisis and you'll have a desperate need to act "rebellious" again and pretend that you're cool.
____________________________
Theophany wrote:
YOU'RE AN ELITIST @#%^ AETHIEN, NO WONDER YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS AND PEOPLE HATE YOU.
someproteinguy wrote:
Aethien you take more terrible pictures than a Japanese tourist.
Astarin wrote:
One day, Maz, you'll learn not to click on anything Aeth links.
#57 Jan 28 2013 at 4:04 PM Rating: Default
Prodigal Son
*****
19,833 posts
Torrence wrote:
Being raped is traumatizing. It's just one of the most awful things that can ever happen. Ever. Mostly because often it's by someone you know and are supposed to be able to trust. Partly because feeling defenseless and powerless in any way breaks the human spirit. It's not something that the vast majority of men have had to deal with on the receiving end, and that's why when one of you trivializes it in any way, women react strongly. It's because we really feel that you just don't understand.

So would it be better off if it were a random stranger?
____________________________
publiusvarus wrote:
we all know liberals are well adjusted american citizens who only want what's best for society. While conservatives are evil money grubbing scum who only want to sh*t on the little man and rob the world of its resources.
#58 Jan 28 2013 at 4:07 PM Rating: Excellent
Debalic wrote:
Torrence wrote:
Being raped is traumatizing. It's just one of the most awful things that can ever happen. Ever. Mostly because often it's by someone you know and are supposed to be able to trust. Partly because feeling defenseless and powerless in any way breaks the human spirit. It's not something that the vast majority of men have had to deal with on the receiving end, and that's why when one of you trivializes it in any way, women react strongly. It's because we really feel that you just don't understand.

So would it be better off if it were a random stranger?
Well, when it's someone you know the betrayal of trust is much greater. You're damaging a relationship that was supposed to be safe.
____________________________
01001001 00100000 01001100 01001001 01001011 01000101 00100000 01000011 01000001 01001011 01000101
You'll always be stupid, you'll just be stupid with more information in your brain
Forum FAQ
#59 Jan 28 2013 at 4:34 PM Rating: Excellent
Meat Popsicle
Avatar
*****
11,428 posts
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Are you saving up for your Porsche and/or motorbike yet? Before you know it you'll be in a midlife crisis and you'll have a desperate need to act "rebellious" again and pretend that you're cool.

More likely will go with a really nice bicycle and an awesome computer. Then bring plumbing into the garage and live there like some kind of hermit, beard included of course. Then maybe add in a rebel flag and a shotgun and make menacing statements towards the neighbors. We'll see how it goes, wouldn't want to overdo it. These kinds of things really have to be more spur of the moment to be rebellious enough anyway.
____________________________
That monster in the mirror, he just might be you. -Grover
#60 Jan 28 2013 at 4:54 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
******
26,701 posts
Don't do the bicycle midlife crisis. It's a BAD idea. Seriously, those are the guys in their 50's with a beer belly wearing too tight cycling pants and shirt and thinking they still have the reflexes they had 30 years ago. At least a motorcycle and a leather jacket look cool from a distance.
____________________________
Theophany wrote:
YOU'RE AN ELITIST @#%^ AETHIEN, NO WONDER YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS AND PEOPLE HATE YOU.
someproteinguy wrote:
Aethien you take more terrible pictures than a Japanese tourist.
Astarin wrote:
One day, Maz, you'll learn not to click on anything Aeth links.
#61 Jan 28 2013 at 5:26 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
297 posts
Always go the route of the 63 year old in the city I work. Chains, biker clothing, looking like a badass. Gets on a bicycle and rides around town.
#62 Jan 28 2013 at 5:34 PM Rating: Excellent
***
1,877 posts
Zymunn wrote:
Always go the route of the 63 year old in the city I work. Chains, biker clothing, looking like a badass. Gets on a bicycle and rides around town.


I would fear that guy more than one that rides on a motorcycle. A guy like that doesn't give two sh*ts about social constructs nor about anyone else. Smiley: laugh
____________________________
#swaggerjacker
#63 Jan 28 2013 at 5:55 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
297 posts
Criminy wrote:
I would fear that guy more than one that rides on a motorcycle. A guy like that doesn't give two sh*ts about social constructs nor about anyone else. Smiley: laugh


Guy is pretty cool. Was at the library when I first was close enough and asked when his Harley would be out the shop. Looked at me stoic and said "When you stop driving a Honda"

If it's a Puerto Rican they have or are driving a Honda. Love racial sterotypes Smiley: laugh
#64 Jan 28 2013 at 8:24 PM Rating: Decent
Will swallow your soul
******
28,133 posts
Quote:
Well, when it's someone you know the betrayal of trust is much greater. You're damaging a relationship that was supposed to be safe.


On the other hand you're probably not in dire fear for your life.

____________________________
In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

#65 Jan 29 2013 at 4:14 AM Rating: Decent
Lunatic
******
29,164 posts
Being raped is traumatizing. It's just one of the most awful things that can ever happen. Ever. Mostly because often it's by someone you know and are supposed to be able to trust. Partly because feeling defenseless and powerless in any way breaks the human spirit. It's not something that the vast majority of men have had to deal with on the receiving end, and that's why when one of you trivializes it in any way, women react strongly. It's because we really feel that you just don't understand.

Rape is terrible. Everyone knows. Now lighten the fuck up. Murder is worse, people joke about murder all the time. Haha murder! What could be funnier than stealing the one life a human being is given, ending his existence, intentionally because of some arbitrary decision one has come to when judging another. Laugh riot. Someone touched the magic underpants area without permission?? Let's all be very serious. Very, very, serious. Maybe throw in a FEW murder jokes to lighten the mood.
____________________________
Disclaimer:

To make a long story short, I don't take any responsibility for anything I post here. It's not news, it's not truth, it's not serious. It's parody. It's satire. It's bitter. It's angsty. Your mother's a whore. You like to jack off dogs. That's right, you heard me. You like to grab that dog by the bone and rub it like a ski pole. Your dad? Gay. Your priest? Straight. @#%^ off and let me post. It's not true, it's all in good fun. Now go away.

#66 Jan 29 2013 at 8:00 AM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
Samira wrote:
Quote:
Well, when it's someone you know the betrayal of trust is much greater. You're damaging a relationship that was supposed to be safe.
On the other hand you're probably not in dire fear for your life.

That's why you should make an attempt to get to know your rapist. Not well enough to break trust, but not so casually that he doesn't care about you either. It's a balancing act.
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#67 Jan 29 2013 at 8:05 AM Rating: Excellent
******
43,157 posts
Not really. You're more likely to be killed by someone you know, too.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#68 Jan 29 2013 at 8:08 AM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
lolgaxe wrote:
Not really. You're more likely to be killed by someone you know, too.

Maybe you are. I'm not a dick who my family hates.
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#69 Jan 29 2013 at 8:11 AM Rating: Default
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
15,524 posts
I'm just saying this once, I'd rather be forcefully poked in the pee-er against my will than stabbed in the face.

Rape is the traumatic deal that it is because of our collective hang-ups about sex.
____________________________
Alma wrote:
Post and be happy!
#70 Jan 29 2013 at 8:54 AM Rating: Excellent
****
6,470 posts
Elinda wrote:
Rape is the traumatic deal that it is because of our collective hang-ups about sex.


Smiley: dubious
____________________________
Latest Articles:
Monaco: What's Yours is Mine Review

Follow me on Twitter!
#71 Jan 29 2013 at 9:43 AM Rating: Excellent
Needs More Smut
Avatar
******
20,077 posts
It's also because sex is still a major vector for diseases.
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck. Once again a top bard on the server: Dardaubla 90 on 1/6/2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest on Lamia - Member of The Swarm and the League of Extraordinary Crafters
#72 Jan 29 2013 at 9:59 AM Rating: Excellent
******
21,717 posts
catwho wrote:
It's also because sex is still a major vector for diseases.

It's not nice to talk about children that way.

Edited, Jan 29th 2013 9:59am by BrownDuck
____________________________
R.I.P. Jessica M. 5/3/2010
This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.
gbaji wrote:
You guys keep tossing facts out there like they mean something.


#73 Jan 29 2013 at 12:11 PM Rating: Excellent
Cervixhouse-Five
******
30,635 posts
Elinda wrote:
Rape is the traumatic deal that it is because of our collective hang-ups about sex.


Yeah, that's not what makes rape traumatic. But, hey, if it happens to one if your loved ones, I'm sure you'll be able to brush it aside by telling the other person to just lighten up, it's just sex.
____________________________
Kurt Vonnegut (1922-2007) wrote:
I am eternally grateful.. for my knack of finding in great books, some of them very funny books, reason enough to feel honored to be alive, no matter what else might be going on.
#74 Jan 29 2013 at 12:39 PM Rating: Default
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
15,524 posts
Belkira wrote:
Elinda wrote:
Rape is the traumatic deal that it is because of our collective hang-ups about sex.


Yeah, that's not what makes rape traumatic. But, hey, if it happens to one if your loved ones, I'm sure you'll be able to brush it aside by telling the other person to just lighten up, it's just sex.

It's a forceful physical act - it's not fun. It's scary, it's unnerving

But physically, the effects of coitus are not so bad. In fact some people even enjoy sex. So, why do you think the psychological effects are so much more traumatic from rape than other forms of violence against a person?

Also on an internet forum it's always risky business to assume you know anything about others may or may not have endured.
____________________________
Alma wrote:
Post and be happy!
#75 Jan 29 2013 at 12:46 PM Rating: Decent
****
6,470 posts
Elinda wrote:
Belkira wrote:
Elinda wrote:
Rape is the traumatic deal that it is because of our collective hang-ups about sex.


Yeah, that's not what makes rape traumatic. But, hey, if it happens to one if your loved ones, I'm sure you'll be able to brush it aside by telling the other person to just lighten up, it's just sex.


So, why do you think the psychological effects are so much more traumatic from rape than other forms of violence against a person?


There are reasons, of course, but that's a choice phrasing that you used - you're moving the goalposts.
____________________________
Latest Articles:
Monaco: What's Yours is Mine Review

Follow me on Twitter!
#76 Jan 29 2013 at 1:08 PM Rating: Decent
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
15,524 posts
Eske Esquire wrote:

There are reasons, of course, but that's a choice phrasing that you used - you're moving the goalposts.
Smiley: dubious




____________________________
Alma wrote:
Post and be happy!
#77 Jan 29 2013 at 1:18 PM Rating: Excellent
Supreme Lionator
*****
14,160 posts
Quote:
Rape is terrible. Everyone knows.


No, they don't. Plenty of people are of the opinion that certain kinds of rape are, if not perfectly acceptable, not a particularly big deal. You know, people like gbaji.

Pretty disingenuous thing for you to say.

Quote:
Haha murder! What could be funnier than stealing the one life a human being is given, ending his existence, intentionally because of some arbitrary decision one has come to when judging another.


Funniest thing I ever heard.

You're killing me.
____________________________
“Socialism never took root in America because the poor see themselves not as an exploited proletariat but as temporarily embarrassed millionaires.”
#78 Jan 29 2013 at 2:01 PM Rating: Excellent
Cervixhouse-Five
******
30,635 posts
Elinda wrote:
It's a forceful physical act - it's not fun. It's scary, it's unnerving

But physically, the effects of coitus are not so bad. In fact some people even enjoy sex. So, why do you think the psychological effects are so much more traumatic from rape than other forms of violence against a person?

Also on an internet forum it's always risky business to assume you know anything about others may or may not have endured.


I don't understand how you can say that physically the results are "not so bad." A lot of the time women are riped open because they are fighting the abuse. And in addition to having your vagina torn open and left bleeding, they are also beaten into submission first. Their body is not only bruised, but they have been violated.

And are you suggesting that someone might find being raped "enjoyable" simpy because sex is often enjoyed??
____________________________
Kurt Vonnegut (1922-2007) wrote:
I am eternally grateful.. for my knack of finding in great books, some of them very funny books, reason enough to feel honored to be alive, no matter what else might be going on.
#79 Jan 29 2013 at 2:17 PM Rating: Excellent
****
6,470 posts
Upon rereading, I think the issue, Elinda, is that you wrongly assume that the cause of trauma is singular - that there's only one explanation, and that it's "hangups about sex".

Edited, Jan 29th 2013 3:34pm by Eske
____________________________
Latest Articles:
Monaco: What's Yours is Mine Review

Follow me on Twitter!
#81 Jan 29 2013 at 2:29 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
This thread is going places Smiley: thumbsup
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#82 Jan 29 2013 at 2:30 PM Rating: Default
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
15,524 posts
Belkira wrote:

And are you suggesting that someone might find being raped "enjoyable" simpy because sex is often enjoyed??
No. I certainly didn't mean to suggest that. I don't always enjoy sex even when I consent to it.

If you want to talk about rape with assault we can do that. Why would rape be so traumatic that a woman would hurt herself before allowing it to happen?


____________________________
Alma wrote:
Post and be happy!
#83 Jan 29 2013 at 2:35 PM Rating: Good
****
6,470 posts
Jophiel wrote:
This thread is going places Smiley: thumbsup


I blame you.

PS: Elinda, I revised my post above, if you're at all curious. Reposted here:

Quote:
Upon rereading, I think the issue, Elinda, is that you wrongly assume that the cause of trauma is singular - that there's only one explanation, and that it's "hangups about sex".


Your second question, about why it's more traumatic than other forms of violence, begs the question, assuming that the cause of the trauma is singular, and therefor can serve as the only explanation for rape being "more traumatic". Obviously, I think rape is traumatic for a variety of reasons. And looking back, I'm not sure what to make of the "more traumatic than other forms of violence" claim, too.

Edited, Jan 29th 2013 3:41pm by Eske
____________________________
Latest Articles:
Monaco: What's Yours is Mine Review

Follow me on Twitter!
#84 Jan 29 2013 at 2:53 PM Rating: Excellent
Cervixhouse-Five
******
30,635 posts
Elinda wrote:
Belkira wrote:

And are you suggesting that someone might find being raped "enjoyable" simpy because sex is often enjoyed??
No. I certainly didn't mean to suggest that. I don't always enjoy sex even when I consent to it.

If you want to talk about rape with assault we can do that. Why would rape be so traumatic that a woman would hurt herself before allowing it to happen?




Then I have no idea what your point is about sex being enjoyable when talking about rape.

And why wouldn't a woman fight back if someone is trying to violate her?

I don't think it's a "hang up about sex" if you expect not to be forced into having it when you don't want to.
____________________________
Kurt Vonnegut (1922-2007) wrote:
I am eternally grateful.. for my knack of finding in great books, some of them very funny books, reason enough to feel honored to be alive, no matter what else might be going on.
#85 Jan 29 2013 at 3:00 PM Rating: Default
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
15,524 posts
Eske Esquire wrote:
Upon rereading, I think the issue, Elinda, is that you wrongly assume that the cause of trauma is singular - that there's only one explanation, and that it's "hangups about sex".

Edited, Jan 29th 2013 3:34pm by Eske
No, any crime against a person is traumatic. Your house is broken into and you might be so fearful of it happening again that you can't sleep or work or whatever - that's trauma.

You're physically assaulted - it hurts, it's painful, it's disruptive and additionally there is the fear of it happening again - very traumatic.

So if you're raped there might be pain, there is loss of control, and certainly fear - all that stuff that comes with a physical assault.

But what is it about rape particularly? I didn't mean to simply brush it off as a sex hang-up. It's a societal thing. A woman who is raped feels dirty, non-virtuous, debauched. They're real feelings. Hell, woman are embarrassed about being raped. So much so that rape often goes unreported. Worse yet, some woman will blame themselves.
____________________________
Alma wrote:
Post and be happy!
#86 Jan 29 2013 at 3:02 PM Rating: Decent
******
21,717 posts
Elinda wrote:
Why would rape be so traumatic that a woman would hurt herself before allowing it to happen?


HIV, the clap, herpes, babies, ew sperm, etc...

I guess you're saying that if a man approached you with the pretense that he was going to @#%^ you whether you liked it or not, you'd rather allow it to happen than attempt to physically reject his advance, but I call bullsh*t on that, or maybe you're just mentally deficient.
____________________________
R.I.P. Jessica M. 5/3/2010
This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.
gbaji wrote:
You guys keep tossing facts out there like they mean something.


#87 Jan 29 2013 at 3:04 PM Rating: Good
Supreme Lionator
*****
14,160 posts
Elinda's being baiting controversy a lot lately. Frankly, I see it as a call for attention.
____________________________
“Socialism never took root in America because the poor see themselves not as an exploited proletariat but as temporarily embarrassed millionaires.”
#88 Jan 29 2013 at 3:04 PM Rating: Default
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
15,524 posts
Belkira wrote:


And why wouldn't a woman fight back if someone is trying to violate her?

That's basically the same question I asked.

What are we instructed to do if we're being robbed? Give the robber whatever he/she wants - it's only money it's not worth getting hurt or killed over.

Why aren't we given those instructions if we're being raped?


____________________________
Alma wrote:
Post and be happy!
#89 Jan 29 2013 at 3:05 PM Rating: Good
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
15,524 posts
Kavekk wrote:
Elinda's being baiting controversy a lot lately. Frankly, I see it as a call for attention.

I HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY.
____________________________
Alma wrote:
Post and be happy!
#90 Jan 29 2013 at 3:07 PM Rating: Excellent
Cervixhouse-Five
******
30,635 posts
Elinda wrote:
Belkira wrote:


And why wouldn't a woman fight back if someone is trying to violate her?

That's basically the same question I asked.

What are we instructed to do if we're being robbed? Give the robber whatever he/she wants - it's only money it's not worth getting hurt or killed over.

Why aren't we given those instructions if we're being raped?




I don't think it is your intention, but you just compared a woman's body to a wad of cash. Being robbed is nothing like assault. I have never heard anyone suggest that if someone wants to beat you up you should just let them. Suggesting that a woman simpy submit to her rapist is twisted.

Edit: To answer your why fight question, by the way? Because you might be able to avoid getting raped.

Edited, Jan 29th 2013 3:10pm by Belkira
____________________________
Kurt Vonnegut (1922-2007) wrote:
I am eternally grateful.. for my knack of finding in great books, some of them very funny books, reason enough to feel honored to be alive, no matter what else might be going on.
#91 Jan 29 2013 at 3:09 PM Rating: Excellent
****
6,470 posts
Elinda wrote:
Belkira wrote:


And why wouldn't a woman fight back if someone is trying to violate her?

That's basically the same question I asked.

What are we instructed to do if we're being robbed? Give the robber whatever he/she wants - it's only money it's not worth getting hurt or killed over.

Why aren't we given those instructions if we're being raped?


sh*t, now I know you're just trolling. C'mon now. Smiley: disappointed

Edited, Jan 29th 2013 4:09pm by Eske
____________________________
Latest Articles:
Monaco: What's Yours is Mine Review

Follow me on Twitter!
#92 Jan 29 2013 at 3:16 PM Rating: Default
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
15,524 posts
BrownDuck wrote:


I guess you're saying that if a man approached you with the pretense that he was going to @#%^ you whether you liked it or not, you'd rather allow it to happen than attempt to physically reject his advance, but I call bullsh*t on that, or maybe you're just mentally deficient.
I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested.

You're full of crap. Women aren't thinking of STD's or pregnancy when they're getting raped. You can diseases from all sorts of interpersonal encounters.

If your rapist has AIDS, you're much more likely to contract the disease if you have an open wound. You'd be risking less to let it happen and avoid getting an open wounds. Most of your non-bloodborne STD's are curable. You can get an abortion or use a morning after bill if you get knocked up.

Why should a woman fight off a raper? Why does a woman fight off a raper?

Rape is traumatic. It's more traumatic than other physical crimes because it's involves sex.




____________________________
Alma wrote:
Post and be happy!
#93 Jan 29 2013 at 3:20 PM Rating: Excellent
******
21,717 posts
Elinda wrote:
It's more traumatic than other physical crimes because it's involves sex.


Yes, but not for the reasons you previously stated.
____________________________
R.I.P. Jessica M. 5/3/2010
This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.
gbaji wrote:
You guys keep tossing facts out there like they mean something.


#94 Jan 29 2013 at 3:22 PM Rating: Decent
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
15,524 posts
Eske Esquire wrote:
Elinda wrote:
Belkira wrote:


And why wouldn't a woman fight back if someone is trying to violate her?

That's basically the same question I asked.

What are we instructed to do if we're being robbed? Give the robber whatever he/she wants - it's only money it's not worth getting hurt or killed over.

Why aren't we given those instructions if we're being raped?


sh*t, now I know you're just trolling. C'mon now. Smiley: disappointed

Edited, Jan 29th 2013 4:09pm by Eske
You can't answer the question?

I'm not trolling. You're trolling.




____________________________
Alma wrote:
Post and be happy!
#95 Jan 29 2013 at 3:23 PM Rating: Decent
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
15,524 posts
BrownDuck wrote:
Elinda wrote:
It's more traumatic than other physical crimes because it's involves sex.


Yes, but not for the reasons you previously stated.

Oh, yeah, its because of STD's and pregnancy. Someone already said so.


____________________________
Alma wrote:
Post and be happy!
#96 Jan 29 2013 at 3:26 PM Rating: Default
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
15,524 posts
Belkira wrote:

Edit: To answer your why fight question, by the way? Because you might be able to avoid getting raped.

...or you might get killed.

Small price to pay to avoid letting a strange mans weany into your precious lil vag eh?
____________________________
Alma wrote:
Post and be happy!
#97 Jan 29 2013 at 3:26 PM Rating: Excellent
Cervixhouse-Five
******
30,635 posts
Elinda wrote:
BrownDuck wrote:
Elinda wrote:
It's more traumatic than other physical crimes because it's involves sex.


Yes, but not for the reasons you previously stated.

Oh, yeah, its because of STD's and pregnancy. Someone already said so.




And to possibly avoid getting raped...?

ETA: I honestly cannot believe the amount of stupid flying from your keyboard today.

Edited, Jan 29th 2013 3:28pm by Belkira
____________________________
Kurt Vonnegut (1922-2007) wrote:
I am eternally grateful.. for my knack of finding in great books, some of them very funny books, reason enough to feel honored to be alive, no matter what else might be going on.
#98 Jan 29 2013 at 3:34 PM Rating: Excellent
Quote:
I have never heard anyone suggest that if someone wants to beat you up you should just let them.
Really? If you're actually able to fight someone off, or yell for help, great. Most of the time you'll just hurt your attacker a little bit which will end up making them hurt you more.
____________________________
01001001 00100000 01001100 01001001 01001011 01000101 00100000 01000011 01000001 01001011 01000101
You'll always be stupid, you'll just be stupid with more information in your brain
Forum FAQ
#99 Jan 29 2013 at 3:35 PM Rating: Good
****
6,470 posts
Elinda wrote:
I'm not trolling. You're trolling.


No U, etc. etc. [:dismissivehandwave:]
____________________________
Latest Articles:
Monaco: What's Yours is Mine Review

Follow me on Twitter!
#100 Jan 29 2013 at 4:11 PM Rating: Good
Encyclopedia
******
31,372 posts
Elinda wrote:
What are we instructed to do if we're being robbed? Give the robber whatever he/she wants - it's only money it's not worth getting hurt or killed over.

Why aren't we given those instructions if we're being raped?


In addition to the obvious answer that she may be able to avoid being raped, I'll inject my patented "because that way there will be marks" response. I know that lots of people like to ridicule my arguments regarding rape, but the reality is that when there is no physical evidence that sex was non-consensual, it's much harder for the woman to actually do anything to her attacker legally. We can sit back and say that "rape is rape" and if trials were all held inside the head of the victim that would be sufficient. But trials are held in public, and the victim has to prove to a jury that she was raped. Anything that helps provide that proof is beneficial *if* the objective is to punish the rapist.


BTW, this isn't some magical requirement of rape. If someone walks up to you and demands money from your wallet, but does not hit you or harm you in any way, only takes money (so nothing identifiable), and there are no other witnesses to the event, you'll also have a hard time proving you were robbed. He can say "It didn't happen", and burden of proof will be on his side every time. The difference? Most people aren't willing to suffer injury to protect the cash in their wallet. The crime isn't worth it. I would argue that rape is, or should be, worth suffering physical injury to avoid. Ultimately, its the victim choosing which form of trauma is worse though, with the result being that she'll tend to be judged (fairly or not) based on that decision.
____________________________
King Nobby wrote:
More words please
#101 Jan 29 2013 at 4:43 PM Rating: Decent
Will swallow your soul
******
28,133 posts
I always find it odd that we only ever talk about rape as happening to women. I'm pretty sure men and boys are the victims of sexual assault sometimes, and not just har-har-har in prison.

____________________________
In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 75 All times are in CDT