Forum Settings
       
1 2 3 Next »
Reply To Thread

Fooling the gullibleFollow

#102 Jan 08 2013 at 7:40 AM Rating: Good
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
16,311 posts
Allegory wrote:
Gbaji wrote:
Ironically, about the only thing that can actually prevent a crime from being committed is an armed potential victim.

You've convinced me to start carrying, heck think how one day I might just save you because you changed my mind? You might be walking back home late at night when some miscreant in a black hoody presses his piece into your back, and I'd see you being held up across the street. You'd know you couldn't trust him with your wallet, but you could trust me with your life. Just imagine how safe you'd feel with me pointing a gun over at you, ready to be your hero.

Edited, Jan 8th 2013 3:35am by Allegory
Like gbaji would ever be walking home from anywhere. Smiley: rolleyes
____________________________
Alma wrote:
Post and be happy!
#103 Jan 08 2013 at 7:47 AM Rating: Default
Lunatic
******
29,563 posts
Like gbaji would ever be walking home from anywhere.

Not that implausible, his 2007 Grand Am might break down causing him to grab his checkbook and head to the nearest garage on foot. People still walk occasionally in San Diego, it's not LA...yet.
____________________________
Disclaimer:

To make a long story short, I don't take any responsibility for anything I post here. It's not news, it's not truth, it's not serious. It's parody. It's satire. It's bitter. It's angsty. Your mother's a *****. You like to jack off dogs. That's right, you heard me. You like to grab that dog by the bone and rub it like a ski pole. Your dad? ***. Your priest? Straight. **** off and let me post. It's not true, it's all in good fun. Now go away.

#104 Jan 08 2013 at 8:19 AM Rating: Decent
****
6,470 posts
Allegory wrote:
Gbaji wrote:
Ironically, about the only thing that can actually prevent a crime from being committed is an armed potential victim.

You've convinced me to start carrying, heck think how one day I might just save you because you changed my mind? You might be walking back home late at night when some miscreant in a black hoody presses his piece into your back, and I'd see you being held up across the street. You'd know you couldn't trust him with your wallet, but you could trust me with your life. Just imagine how safe you'd feel with me pointing a gun over at you, ready to be your hero.

Edited, Jan 8th 2013 3:35am by Allegory


Smiley: lol
____________________________
Latest Articles:
Monaco: What's Yours is Mine Review

Follow me on Twitter!
#105 Jan 08 2013 at 8:38 AM Rating: Decent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
Allegory wrote:
Gbaji wrote:
Ironically, about the only thing that can actually prevent a crime from being committed is an armed potential victim.
You've convinced me to start carrying, heck think how one day I might just save you because you changed my mind? You might be walking back home late at night when some miscreant in a black hoody presses his bag of Skittles into your back

Stand your ground!
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#106 Jan 08 2013 at 6:40 PM Rating: Decent
Encyclopedia
******
31,946 posts
Smasharoo wrote:
The formulation you're trying to use doesn't fit since it's not a choice. It's a progression.

No, it's a progression leading to a choice.


Sure. But that progression is what makes it a Slippery Slope Fallacy. The fallacy is the false equivalence between banning guns and chopping off people's hands. The fact that there's also an implied choice between either not imposing gun control or chopping off people's hands is secondary.

Quote:
You're wrong.


Except that I'm not.

Quote:
It's ok, no one considers you an expert in logic.


What you consider me apparently has no bearing on reality in this case though.
____________________________
King Nobby wrote:
More words please
#107 Jan 09 2013 at 6:49 AM Rating: Decent
Lunatic
******
29,563 posts
What you consider me apparently has no bearing on reality in this case though.

Bearing on? The phrase you're looking for is "basis in". Wrong again, Skippy.

Please commence the argument that what you meant was that what I consider you doesn't actually alter reality. Feel free to ignore the fact that "in this case though" makes no sense then.

Edited, Jan 9th 2013 7:50am by Smasharoo
____________________________
Disclaimer:

To make a long story short, I don't take any responsibility for anything I post here. It's not news, it's not truth, it's not serious. It's parody. It's satire. It's bitter. It's angsty. Your mother's a *****. You like to jack off dogs. That's right, you heard me. You like to grab that dog by the bone and rub it like a ski pole. Your dad? ***. Your priest? Straight. **** off and let me post. It's not true, it's all in good fun. Now go away.

#108 Jan 09 2013 at 9:53 AM Rating: Good
******
44,500 posts
You're wrong, Smash. gbaji is the greatest writer of all time according to other sites he won't cite.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
1 2 3 Next »
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 70 All times are in CST
Kavekkk, lolgaxe, Uglysasquatch, Anonymous Guests (67)