Forum Settings
       
« Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6
Reply To Thread

Obama's 75%Follow

#1 Nov 16 2012 at 6:03 AM Rating: Default
**
288 posts
That's right 75% of the people who voted for obama are on food stamps.

This is the reason why anyone who is on welfare or food stamps should not be allowed to vote. If you can't manage to feed yourself you certainly shouldn't be allowed to determine who leads this country.
____________________________
BANNED
#2 Nov 16 2012 at 6:13 AM Rating: Excellent
Annoying Ass
ZAM Administrator
Avatar
*****
11,946 posts
Looking online real quick (gotta love Google!)

Quote:
IF all food stamp recipients voted for Obama, that would be 75% of his votes


Oddly, you seem to ignore the fact that

Quote:
Children under 18 account for 47 percent of all food stamp recipients.


Kids under 18 can vote now? Smiley: eek
____________________________
Retired News Writer for the ZAM Network
WoW - Aureliano the Insane - level 90 Druid on Sen'Jin
Nanaoki - level 90 Mage on Sen'Jin
#4 Nov 16 2012 at 6:22 AM Rating: Good
Quote:
That's right 75% of the people who voted for obama are on food stamps.


Untrue.

Quote:
This is the reason why anyone who is on welfare or food stamps should not be allowed to vote. If you can't manage to feed yourself you certainly shouldn't be allowed to determine who leads this country.


Fascist.

____________________________
"The Rich are there to take all of the money & pay none of the taxes, the middle class is there to do all the work and pay all the taxes, and the poor are there to scare the **** out of the middle class." -George Carlin


#7 Nov 16 2012 at 6:36 AM Rating: Good
Needs More Smut
Avatar
******
20,305 posts
Many of the people on food stamps are called "working poor" - they have jobs, but **** like the CEO of Papa Johns deliberately keep them underpaid and under full time, so they don't make enough money to pay rent and feed themselves.

At 40 hours at minimum wage, if you have children, you qualify for food stamps.

____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck. Once again a top bard on the server: Dardaubla 90 on 1/6/2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest on Lamia - Member of The Swarm and leader of Grammarian Tea House chat LS
#9 Nov 16 2012 at 7:07 AM Rating: Excellent
Annoying Ass
ZAM Administrator
Avatar
*****
11,946 posts
crazylegz1975 wrote:

You're a @#%^ing idiot.

And yet still smarter than you. That must make you reaaaaaaally dumb Smiley: frown
Quote:
If every one on food stamps voted Democrat that would account for 75% of all of Obama's votes.

Thank you for repeating what I said. Note, it's not what you said, which is that 75% of Obama's voters were on food stamps. Smiley: rolleyes It's numerically impossible, since almost half of food stamp recipients are under 18. I'm sure many of them (for example, the elderly living on a fixed income) still didn't vote for Obama.
Quote:
I'm curious have you ever heard of the drudge report?

It's that site that was run by that guy that Obama totally killed off by inducing a heart attack, right? Oh wait, no, that's Breitbart. I mix up the two.

Edited, Nov 16th 2012 8:10am by LockeColeMA
____________________________
Retired News Writer for the ZAM Network
WoW - Aureliano the Insane - level 90 Druid on Sen'Jin
Nanaoki - level 90 Mage on Sen'Jin
#10 Nov 16 2012 at 7:10 AM Rating: Excellent
Annoying Ass
ZAM Administrator
Avatar
*****
11,946 posts
crazylegz1975 wrote:

So because of someones poor life choices you would hold me at gunpoint


Sure. My car insurance goes up because other people get into car accidents by driving recklessly. My health insurance goes up because fast food is yummy and other people eat too much and have heart attacks. Do you think you live in a bubble, or a society?

And technically, I wouldn't hold you at gun point because I don't own a gun. But because a lot of people do, and some idiots like to fire them at other people, so my life insurance premium goes up Smiley: frown

But that's insurance. How about tax-wise? I don't want to get into wars, but I pay for them with my taxes. I don't like giving money to religious charities, but my taxes go there (thanks, Catholic Charities, grumble grumble). I don't like a lot of things about how my taxes are spent. But helping feed the hungry? Pretty ok with that.

Edited, Nov 16th 2012 8:12am by LockeColeMA
____________________________
Retired News Writer for the ZAM Network
WoW - Aureliano the Insane - level 90 Druid on Sen'Jin
Nanaoki - level 90 Mage on Sen'Jin
#11 Nov 16 2012 at 7:27 AM Rating: Excellent
Will swallow your soul
******
28,221 posts
Quote:
you would hold me at gunpoint


Not for long, and not for money.
____________________________
In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

#12 Nov 16 2012 at 7:28 AM Rating: Good
crazylegz1975 wrote:
That's right 75% of the people who voted for obama are on food stamps.

This is the reason why anyone who is on welfare or food stamps should not be allowed to vote. If you can't manage to feed yourself you certainly shouldn't be allowed to determine who leads this country.


No, your math skills are terrible. Also, denying citizens of the country the right to vote because of their financial status is completely against what your democratic system stands for. It's wrong, it would make a mockery of democracy everywhere, and could easily be comparable with past attempts in other nations throughout history to prevent people from voting based on their culture, religion, race, etc, none of which, were good things. In fact, they were terrible things, and your country(and mine) have fought wars to save and protect that right(among many other reasons).

But anyway, on to the part where your math is absolutely horrendous.

In 2012, 47.1 million people were on food stamps(most quotes I found said 46.7, but, to give you the best possible odds of being correct, I went with the highest quote I could find). Now, 48% of those were under 18 and hence ineligible to vote, so you have 22,608,000 people on Food stamps eligible to vote.

Now, Obama got a grand total of 59,621,436 votes.

22608000/59621436 equals about 37% of his vote.

Now, we all know **** well that not every single one of those people voted, so that percentage is even less, adding to that, that despite what some may think, I guarantee that a portion of those voted for Romney or a third party candidate(the votes have to come from someone, after all). We will also note that the only quote I could find with any great ease, as to the amount of votes Obama received was from the morning after the election with results still coming in, and hence, the percentage of food stamp votes in relation to the popular vote, declines further.

In conclusion, your statement that 75% of those who voted for Obama are on Food Stamps is very, very incorrect. You either have absolutely terrible sources, or you have no sources and just made a random assumption, but, in reality, you can't argue with math. Math, until you get into super-complicated theoretical physics stuff, is an exact science.

My sources:

Food Stamps statistics links 1 2 3 4 5
Popular vote quote

So basically, you're dead @#%^ing wrong.

Screenshot


Edited, Nov 16th 2012 8:29am by Driftwood
____________________________
Master Meleagant Driftwood of Stromm, Warrior of the 69th level(EQ)
Rhyys, Human Warrior of 67th level(WoW)

The World Is Not A Cold Dead Place.
Alan Watts wrote:
I am omnipotent insofar as I am the Universe, but I am not an omnipotent in the role of Alan Watts, only cunning


Eske wrote:
I've always read Driftwood as the straight man in varus' double act. It helps if you read all of his posts in the voice of Droopy Dog.
#13 Nov 16 2012 at 7:37 AM Rating: Good
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
I, for one, welcome this line of thinking. Anything that keeps the GOP from taking an honest and useful look at why they lose elections is fine by me.

Yeah! It's all food stamps! Also, people need to know that Latinos are all lazy and want Food Stamp Santa Claus to take care of them! You can't convince them to take control of their own life!
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#14 Nov 16 2012 at 7:53 AM Rating: Excellent
Unforkgettable
*****
13,237 posts
If all the people who I don't think should be allowed to vote weren't allowed to vote, my candidate would win for sure! Unless they want to vote for my candidate, then I'll make an exception.

Edited, Nov 16th 2012 8:54am by Spoonless
____________________________
Banh
#15 Nov 16 2012 at 7:56 AM Rating: Good
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
15,818 posts
crazylegz1975 wrote:
That's right 75% of the people who voted for obama are on food stamps.

This is the reason why anyone who is on welfare or food stamps should not be allowed to vote. If you can't manage to feed yourself you certainly shouldn't be allowed to determine who leads this country.

...and this is the reason why schizos should not be allowed to vote.
____________________________
Alma wrote:
Post and be happy!
#16 Nov 16 2012 at 7:59 AM Rating: Excellent
***
2,010 posts
Elinda wrote:

...and this is the reason why schizos should not be allowed to vote.


Or people who cannot form a coherent thought. If you can't calculate percentages properly, you have no business choosing the leader of this country. 75%..... Good grief.

Edited, Nov 16th 2012 9:00am by Torrence
#17 Nov 16 2012 at 8:03 AM Rating: Default
Torrence wrote:
[quote=Elinda]
...and this is the reason why schizos should not be allowed to vote.


Or people who cannot form a coherent thought. If you can't calculate percentages properly, you have no business choosing the leader of this country. 75%..... Good grief.

I disagree. Everyone should be allowed to vote, regardless of anything other than age(that is, being under 18, one of the few times I agree with an age limit for something). Those who aren't schizos and those who can do math vastly outnumber those who are and can't(respectively)...I hope...
____________________________
Master Meleagant Driftwood of Stromm, Warrior of the 69th level(EQ)
Rhyys, Human Warrior of 67th level(WoW)

The World Is Not A Cold Dead Place.
Alan Watts wrote:
I am omnipotent insofar as I am the Universe, but I am not an omnipotent in the role of Alan Watts, only cunning


Eske wrote:
I've always read Driftwood as the straight man in varus' double act. It helps if you read all of his posts in the voice of Droopy Dog.
#18 Nov 16 2012 at 8:33 AM Rating: Good
******
43,650 posts
crazylegz1975 wrote:
It's clear you don't have a working knowledge of fascism.
It's clear you don't have any working knowledge at all.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#19 Nov 16 2012 at 10:34 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
*****
11,950 posts
Samira wrote:
Quote:
you would hold me at gunpoint


Not for long, and not for money.


So I take it that I have your vote on the "Program for improving the quality of public discourse via strategic placement of heated lead elements"?
____________________________
"India black magic anal sex zionist blow job terrorism child rape bicycle"
Just as Planned.
#20 Nov 16 2012 at 11:02 AM Rating: Excellent
Meat Popsicle
*****
11,709 posts
Monsieur Driftwood wrote:
Now, Obama got a grand total of 59,621,436 votes.

22608000/59621436 equals about 37% of his vote.

Now, we all know **** well that not every single one of those people voted, so that percentage is even less, adding to that, that despite what some may think, I guarantee that a portion of those voted for Romney or a third party candidate(the votes have to come from someone, after all). We will also note that the only quote I could find with any great ease, as to the amount of votes Obama received was from the morning after the election with results still coming in, and hence, the percentage of food stamp votes in relation to the popular vote, declines further.


22,608,000 * 57.5% turnout = 12,999,600
12,999,600 * 63% of the lower income vote = 8,190,000 "food stamp votes".

versus the 4,800,000 "food stamp votes" for Romney.

Of course with no idea how the poor people on food stamps differed from other poor people it's hard to say much. You could assume that perhaps without the food stamps (and likely other programs driven at the poor, but let's not complicate things) the results might be closer to 50%. Half would be about 6.5M, and subtracted from the 8.2M "food stamp for Obama" votes that would be a net of about 1.7M votes.

1.7M / 59.6M = 2.8% or so.

Now here's the fun part...

If you take those 1.7M votes away from Obama and give them to Romney then his total goes up to 60.3M compared to 60.2M for Obama and the Republicans win the popular vote!!

CLEARLY THEY STOLE THE ELECTION BY BUYING OFF THE POOR!!
Smiley: tinfoilhat

Smiley: rolleyes

Yes I know, I'll go get a life now...

Edited, Nov 16th 2012 9:08am by someproteinguy
____________________________
That monster in the mirror, he just might be you. -Grover
#21 Nov 16 2012 at 11:13 AM Rating: Excellent
Lunatic
******
29,297 posts

CLEARLY THEY STOLE THE ELECTION BY BUYING OFF THE POOR!!


You can see why it's a more appealing narrative than "Our 1985 ideas were repudiated yet again and the electorate is moving on" right?
____________________________
Disclaimer:

To make a long story short, I don't take any responsibility for anything I post here. It's not news, it's not truth, it's not serious. It's parody. It's satire. It's bitter. It's angsty. Your mother's a whore. You like to jack off dogs. That's right, you heard me. You like to grab that dog by the bone and rub it like a ski pole. Your dad? Gay. Your priest? Straight. **** off and let me post. It's not true, it's all in good fun. Now go away.

#22 Nov 16 2012 at 11:20 AM Rating: Excellent
Meat Popsicle
*****
11,709 posts
Smasharoo wrote:

CLEARLY THEY STOLE THE ELECTION BY BUYING OFF THE POOR!!


You can see why it's a more appealing narrative than "Our 1985 ideas were repudiated yet again and the electorate is moving on" right?


It worked for Reagan! Smiley: frown

But seriously, with all the money the Republicans have they can go buy their own poor people. Smiley: bah
____________________________
That monster in the mirror, he just might be you. -Grover
#23 Nov 16 2012 at 11:35 AM Rating: Good
Lunatic
******
29,297 posts

But seriously, with all the money the Republicans have they can go buy their own poor people.


What they should do is import them from Serbia or something. White, hate Muslims, blame everyone else for their failures, it's a perfect synergy, really. Unfortunately, immigration is evil.
____________________________
Disclaimer:

To make a long story short, I don't take any responsibility for anything I post here. It's not news, it's not truth, it's not serious. It's parody. It's satire. It's bitter. It's angsty. Your mother's a whore. You like to jack off dogs. That's right, you heard me. You like to grab that dog by the bone and rub it like a ski pole. Your dad? Gay. Your priest? Straight. **** off and let me post. It's not true, it's all in good fun. Now go away.

#24 Nov 16 2012 at 11:43 AM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
Plus, you know, Serbian chicks.
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#25 Nov 16 2012 at 11:54 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
*****
11,950 posts
"Serbians of Suburbia"
____________________________
"India black magic anal sex zionist blow job terrorism child rape bicycle"
Just as Planned.
#27 Nov 16 2012 at 12:21 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
I want my fifty bucks but Varus is a typical broke-ass conservative pussy who talks big but won't pay up.
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#28 Nov 16 2012 at 12:26 PM Rating: Excellent
Unforkgettable
*****
13,237 posts
Jophiel wrote:
I want my fifty bucks but fact is Varus is a typical broke-ass conservative pussy who talks big but won't pay up.
FTFY. It's not true unless you explicitly declare it a fact first.

Edited, Nov 16th 2012 1:26pm by Spoonless
____________________________
Banh
#29 Nov 16 2012 at 12:32 PM Rating: Excellent
Lunatic
******
29,297 posts
Fact is democrats want high unemployment and more illegal immigrants and more people on food stamps.

No no, we want to legalize all immigrants and register them to vote. It's the American way. Here's your bowl of soup and your voter registration card. Vote Tammany.
____________________________
Disclaimer:

To make a long story short, I don't take any responsibility for anything I post here. It's not news, it's not truth, it's not serious. It's parody. It's satire. It's bitter. It's angsty. Your mother's a whore. You like to jack off dogs. That's right, you heard me. You like to grab that dog by the bone and rub it like a ski pole. Your dad? Gay. Your priest? Straight. **** off and let me post. It's not true, it's all in good fun. Now go away.

#30 Nov 16 2012 at 12:37 PM Rating: Good
******
43,650 posts
crazylegz1975 wrote:
Fact is
you're so lovably inept.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#31 Nov 16 2012 at 12:44 PM Rating: Excellent
***
2,010 posts
crazylegz1975 wrote:

Fact is democrats want high unemployment and more illegal immigrants and more people on food stamps.


For me it had more to do with what I didn't want. I didn't want women being forced to have their rapists' babies because it was God's will and we should have been able to shut that whole thing down anyway if we didn't want to get pregnant. I didn't want the country to stop progressing towards equal protection under the law for the LGBT community. I didn't want to see illegal immigrants hunted down in the streets after they fled their own countries in terror seeking asylum and a better life here.

Honestly Crazy, your name says it all. If republicans weren't so **** fucking CRAZY, they would have a shot at the white house and maybe fixing the fiscal mess we are in.
#32 Nov 16 2012 at 12:45 PM Rating: Excellent
Meat Popsicle
*****
11,709 posts
crazylegz1975 wrote:
Smasharoo wrote:

CLEARLY THEY STOLE THE ELECTION BY BUYING OFF THE POOR!!


You can see why it's a more appealing narrative than "Our 1985 ideas were repudiated yet again and the electorate is moving on" right?


Yeah obama increasing people on food stamps by 50% had nothing to do with his victory.


Fact is democrats want high unemployment and more illegal immigrants and more people on food stamps.



Point #4.


Toe the party line already.
____________________________
That monster in the mirror, he just might be you. -Grover
#33 Nov 16 2012 at 4:34 PM Rating: Good
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
15,818 posts
crazylegz1975 wrote:


Yeah obama increasing people on food stamps by 50% had nothing to do with his victory.


The states give out the food stamps.

____________________________
Alma wrote:
Post and be happy!
#34 Nov 16 2012 at 5:52 PM Rating: Excellent
Will swallow your soul
******
28,221 posts
Smasharoo wrote:

But seriously, with all the money the Republicans have they can go buy their own poor people.


What they should do is import them from Serbia or something. White, hate Muslims, blame everyone else for their failures, it's a perfect synergy, really. Unfortunately, immigration is evil.



No, I think white immigration is still okay.

____________________________
In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

#35 Nov 16 2012 at 6:05 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
***
2,551 posts
crazylegz1975 wrote:
So because of someones poor life choices you would hold me at gunpoint because you think I have to much and their children are hungry. You liberals say I should keep out of you bedroom but when the results of what goes on in that bedroom is directly related to how much property I can keep how can I be expected to keep quiet, how can any moral person?


Uhm, don't conservatives want to control the bedroom in the form of less/no abortions, which would lead to a compounding of poor life choices, which would lead to your taxes being used to feed more poor people, which would mean that you have absolutely no **** idea what you are talking about.

But, hey, you keep on keeping on, let your freak flag fly, dumb ass.
____________________________
Dandruffshampoo wrote:
Curses, beaten by Professor stupidopo-opo.
Annabella, Goblin in Disguise wrote:
Stupidmonkey is more organized than a bag of raccoons.
#36 Nov 16 2012 at 6:25 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
****
9,260 posts
Come on, don't let facts get in the way of a good crazy party.
____________________________
lolgaxe wrote:
When it comes to sitting around not doing anything for long periods of time, only being active for short windows, and marginal changes and sidegrades I'd say FFXI players were the perfect choice for politicians.

clicky
#37 Nov 16 2012 at 6:28 PM Rating: Good
Meth, not even once.
____________________________
Come on Bill, let's go home
[ffxisig]63311[/ffxisig]
#38 Nov 16 2012 at 8:20 PM Rating: Good
Prodigal Son
*****
19,921 posts
crazylegz1975 wrote:
catwho wrote:
Many of the people on food stamps are called "working poor" - they have jobs, but @#%^ers like the CEO of Papa Johns deliberately keep them underpaid and under full time, so they don't make enough money to pay rent and feed themselves.

At 40 hours at minimum wage, if you have children, you qualify for food stamps.



So because of someones poor life choices you would hold me at gunpoint because you think I have to much and their children are hungry. You liberals say I should keep out of you bedroom but when the results of what goes on in that bedroom is directly related to how much property I can keep how can I be expected to keep quiet, how can any moral person?

What's a poor life choice? Working in a restaurant? Food services has a very low pay rate, especially with servers and taxed tips and the like. So anyone who ends up working in the service industry is just a lower-class citizen. They're *feeding* people, yet the art of making money for its own sake brings you benefits like lower tax rates? Capitalism itself depends on **** over everyone else just to make another buck. That doesn't exactly strike me as humane.
____________________________
publiusvarus wrote:
we all know liberals are well adjusted american citizens who only want what's best for society. While conservatives are evil money grubbing scum who only want to sh*t on the little man and rob the world of its resources.
#39 Nov 17 2012 at 12:35 AM Rating: Decent
Debalic wrote:
crazylegz1975 wrote:
catwho wrote:
Many of the people on food stamps are called "working poor" - they have jobs, but @#%^ers like the CEO of Papa Johns deliberately keep them underpaid and under full time, so they don't make enough money to pay rent and feed themselves.

At 40 hours at minimum wage, if you have children, you qualify for food stamps.



So because of someones poor life choices you would hold me at gunpoint because you think I have to much and their children are hungry. You liberals say I should keep out of you bedroom but when the results of what goes on in that bedroom is directly related to how much property I can keep how can I be expected to keep quiet, how can any moral person?

What's a poor life choice? Working in a restaurant? Food services has a very low pay rate, especially with servers and taxed tips and the like. So anyone who ends up working in the service industry is just a lower-class citizen. They're *feeding* people, yet the art of making money for its own sake brings you benefits like lower tax rates? Capitalism itself depends on **** over everyone else just to make another buck. That doesn't exactly strike me as humane.


This. Unless you become a high class chef(which some of those who are in that fiel don't really want to do), or manage to open a wildly successful restaurant, you don't get rich in the food service industry. Does that mean that the person with a passion for cooking has made some poor life choices?

____________________________
Master Meleagant Driftwood of Stromm, Warrior of the 69th level(EQ)
Rhyys, Human Warrior of 67th level(WoW)

The World Is Not A Cold Dead Place.
Alan Watts wrote:
I am omnipotent insofar as I am the Universe, but I am not an omnipotent in the role of Alan Watts, only cunning


Eske wrote:
I've always read Driftwood as the straight man in varus' double act. It helps if you read all of his posts in the voice of Droopy Dog.
#40 Nov 17 2012 at 3:11 AM Rating: Good
**
576 posts
Or just get boned by were their born and tourism is the state's largest industry.
____________________________
.
#42 Nov 17 2012 at 3:59 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
***
2,551 posts
crazylegz1975 wrote:
All you radical liberals blubbering doesn't change the fact that the number of people on food stamps doubled under obama.


Three things...

What if I am blubbering, and NOT a RADICAL liberal, but just a run of the mill liberal (as a hypothetical, get your panties untwisted)

What if the number of people on food stamps had more to do with the economic problems started before Obama was elected for his first term (again, just as a hypothetical, slow your roll)

What if you held your breath until everyone on this board was satisfied that you had ceased to "exist" (go ahead and try this one, I am interested)
____________________________
Dandruffshampoo wrote:
Curses, beaten by Professor stupidopo-opo.
Annabella, Goblin in Disguise wrote:
Stupidmonkey is more organized than a bag of raccoons.
#43 Nov 17 2012 at 5:43 AM Rating: Good
***
1,877 posts
Professor stupidmonkey wrote:

What if you held your breath until everyone on this board was satisfied that you had ceased to "exist" (go ahead and try this one, I am interested)


Unfortunately once he passes out his body will start breathing again automatically.
____________________________
#swaggerjacker
#44 Nov 17 2012 at 8:04 AM Rating: Excellent
Quote:
All you radical liberals blubbering doesn't change the fact that the number of people on food stamps doubled under obama


Food stamps are at the State Level. Also, they didn't double, I;m not going to go into the math this time, but the math doesn't support the case for doubling, though I will allow that there has been a sizable increase. However, as it was quite clearly a result of a economic downturn that wasn't caused by Obama(and predated him by some time, the root of which lies as far back as the Reagan, Bush Sr. and Clinton administrations), the blame cannot fall on him.

Quote:
Obama knew he'd have to do this to win reelection.


Well now that's just preposterous. You're actually saying that The President, somehow took matters that were out of his control(in control of the States themselves), into his own hands, and made sure more people would be on food stamps? Christ, next thing you know, you'll be harping on about HAARP, and Chemtrails, and other completely **** ludicrous ****

Quote:
Incidentally this is also why 8% 7.9% employment has become the new norm.


7.9% really isn't that bad(. And, in comparison, during the Great Depression, the unemployment rate was at 25% at its highest, it hit 7.9% when Truman was in the White House, 9.0% under Ford, 10.8% under Reagan(and remained that way for almost 2 years with minimal fluctuation), etc. Also, the unemployment rate was steadily increasing since May 2005, which can definitely not be blamed on Obama, and has been steadily declining since October 2009. Your argument is moot at this point but I'll continue, mostly for my own amusement.

Quote:
This was done on purpose to swell the ranks of the people that vote democrat. It's a simple fact that leeches primarily vote Democrat.


Your statement is completely impossible within the realm of what's actually within the power of the Head Of State. Also, by your logic, the Unemployment rate should still be in the double digits, as the unemployed tend to become "leeches", who you say mostly vote Democrat.

Quote:
The reason the gop isn't winning national elections is quite simple to understand and far more difficult to solve. The Democrats have created so many dependant citizens the numbers just aren't in our favor.


Actually, they are, the GOP just keeps fielding people who aren't viable as real leaders. What happened anyway? I mean, George H. W. Bush was/is a good man, and was a good leader, even if he doesn't get much credit for some very, very good moves on his part. Reagan, though I disagree with his economic ideas, was a strong, likeable man with great conviction and worthy of great respect(IMO), Nixon, while crooked, was willing to do what needed to be done to get **** done. Eisenhower was intelligent, rational, analytical, and very much loved by the people due to his part in WW2. If the GOP wants to win, they need to put forward someone who wont be sidetracked by things that are not, in any rational world, difficult issues. I mean, you talk about small government, but you want the government to be involved in everything that it shouldn't be involved in. **** marriage? It's irrational to keep the fight against it going when it has absolutely zero effect on the things people claim to be against it for, re: their own religion, as if religious bias has any place in a modern government. Abortion? Same thing. Etc. Etc. Etc. Field someone who'll tackle the issues that actually matter, not just to the American public, but to the entire **** planet(because, lets be honest, we all depend on you guys not going under anytime soon) in the long run, which is to say, the next 10? 20? 100 years? The religious right are by no means a majority, stop pandering to them, and you'll stand a chance.

/rant off

Anyway,

Quote:
In a couple years when the economy has collapsed because of obamacare the gop will clean up in the mid terms just like we did 2 years ago.


The economy is improving, albeit very slowly, and not necessarily at the same rate in all areas of it. Just sayin'. Look at the numbers, numbers don't lie.
____________________________
Master Meleagant Driftwood of Stromm, Warrior of the 69th level(EQ)
Rhyys, Human Warrior of 67th level(WoW)

The World Is Not A Cold Dead Place.
Alan Watts wrote:
I am omnipotent insofar as I am the Universe, but I am not an omnipotent in the role of Alan Watts, only cunning


Eske wrote:
I've always read Driftwood as the straight man in varus' double act. It helps if you read all of his posts in the voice of Droopy Dog.
#46 Nov 17 2012 at 3:02 PM Rating: Decent
Prodigal Son
*****
19,921 posts
crazylegz1975 wrote:
The economy is not improving.

And the infidels are not entering Baghdad.
____________________________
publiusvarus wrote:
we all know liberals are well adjusted american citizens who only want what's best for society. While conservatives are evil money grubbing scum who only want to sh*t on the little man and rob the world of its resources.
#47 Nov 17 2012 at 3:07 PM Rating: Excellent
Quote:
So when unemployment is 10% in four years and the number of people on food stamps doubles from today? What will be your excuse then?


I'll consider your guy?
____________________________
"The Rich are there to take all of the money & pay none of the taxes, the middle class is there to do all the work and pay all the taxes, and the poor are there to scare the **** out of the middle class." -George Carlin


#48 Nov 17 2012 at 3:58 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
crazylegz1975 wrote:
So when unemployment is 10% in four years and the number of people on food stamps doubles from today? What will be your excuse then?

Skewed polls!
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#49 Nov 17 2012 at 4:15 PM Rating: Excellent
***
1,877 posts
crazylegz1975 wrote:

And obama is responsible for the current economy.


Saved so in four years when the economy is looking better I can point out how much of a liberal supporting commie you really are. That is, of course, assuming you don't say something so brain dead retarded that you get banned.
____________________________
#swaggerjacker
#50 Nov 17 2012 at 5:43 PM Rating: Good
Prodigal Son
*****
19,921 posts
Criminy wrote:
crazylegz1975 wrote:

And obama is responsible for the current economy.


Saved so in four years when the economy is looking better I can point out how much of a liberal supporting commie you really are. That is, of course, assuming you don't say something so brain dead retarded that you get banned.

Meh, he'll just come back again a few weeks later anyways.
____________________________
publiusvarus wrote:
we all know liberals are well adjusted american citizens who only want what's best for society. While conservatives are evil money grubbing scum who only want to sh*t on the little man and rob the world of its resources.
#51 Nov 17 2012 at 11:52 PM Rating: Excellent
crazylegz1975 wrote:
The economy is not improving.

And obama is responsible for the current economy.

And despite your denials obama knows that Democrats benefit from increasing the number dependent on govn and is doing what he can to ensure that doesn't change.

So when unemployment is 10% in four years and the number of people on food stamps doubles from today? What will be your excuse then?


So you're asserting that Obama travelled through time, gave reagan his economic ideas, told bush sr. To attack iraq(although I'll make a note here that I actually feel that Desert Storm was both justified and right) hence convincing his son that that needed to be done again later, convinced clinton to do some major deregulation of banks and wall street, then went and told W. To not only remember to attack Iraq, but also to pay for it with deficit spending. Then, he went and told bankers and the big wigs on wall street that the best way to do business was to basically play with imaginary money and bet against their other financial commitments(or whatever), and then he came back, and beatt he sh*t out of every governor and state senator/congressman(however that works) until they agreed to increase the food stamps. So now he's just waiting, biding his time until the time machine has recharged, and then he'll go and cause the great depression...and...

Wait, where was I going with this?

...

Right! Now I remember, I was going to say that you have no grasp on either reality or what's actually possible within it...again...

Edited, Nov 18th 2012 12:59am by Driftwood
____________________________
Master Meleagant Driftwood of Stromm, Warrior of the 69th level(EQ)
Rhyys, Human Warrior of 67th level(WoW)

The World Is Not A Cold Dead Place.
Alan Watts wrote:
I am omnipotent insofar as I am the Universe, but I am not an omnipotent in the role of Alan Watts, only cunning


Eske wrote:
I've always read Driftwood as the straight man in varus' double act. It helps if you read all of his posts in the voice of Droopy Dog.
« Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 34 All times are in CDT
Jophiel, Poldaran, TirithRR, Anonymous Guests (31)