Forum Settings
       
« Previous 1 2 3
Reply To Thread

Israel Follow

#1 Nov 15 2012 at 1:05 PM Rating: Good
Well, at least Netenyahu waited until after the election to start **** Now Obama can't be defeated by being declared "weak on Israel", even though by "Supporting Israel's right to defend itself" by doing nothing is the same thing that Romney would do.

Linky

JERUSALEM -- Palestinian militants barraged Israel with nearly 150 rockets on Thursday, killing three people as Israel pressed a punishing campaign of airstrikes on militant targets across the Gaza Strip. Three rockets struck the densely populated Tel Aviv area, and air raid sirens blared in the city as night fell.

The fighting, which has also killed 15 Palestinians in two days, showed no signs of slowing after dark. The attacks in the Tel Aviv area, some of the deepest rocket strikes on record, raised the likelihood of an even tougher Israeli response. Gaza militants launched the rocket barrage in retaliation for Israel's killing of the Hamas military chief in an airstrike on Gaza Wednesday.
In all, 15 Palestinians have been killed and nearly 200 wounded in fighting on Wednesday and Thursday. Three Israelis were killed earlier Thursday when a rocket struck an apartment building in the southern town of Kiryat Malachi. The Israeli military says three soldiers were wounded in a separate rocket attack.

The military said its air campaign has hit 230 targets across Gaza, and its "Iron Dome" rocket defense system has intercepted some 90 incoming rockets.
____________________________
"The Rich are there to take all of the money & pay none of the taxes, the middle class is there to do all the work and pay all the taxes, and the poor are there to scare the **** out of the middle class." -George Carlin


#2 Nov 15 2012 at 1:19 PM Rating: Excellent
****
6,470 posts
Omegavegeta wrote:
its "Iron Dome" rocket defense system has intercepted some 90 incoming rockets.


240 ROCKETS ENTER. 150 ROCKETS LEAVE.
____________________________
Latest Articles:
Monaco: What's Yours is Mine Review

Follow me on Twitter!
#3 Nov 15 2012 at 1:30 PM Rating: Excellent
Meat Popsicle
*****
11,625 posts
Omegavegeta wrote:
Netenyahu waited until after the election to start sh*t.


They're on the Dems payroll! Smiley: tinfoilhat

Ironically the first e-mail in my inbox today was from a message board I subscribe to. It read as follows:

Quote:
We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated individual for an exciting new position at the Proteomics Unit, Israel Center for Personalized Medicine...


Reaction was something like "hell no."
____________________________
That monster in the mirror, he just might be you. -Grover
#4 Nov 15 2012 at 1:50 PM Rating: Decent
Lunatic
******
29,257 posts
Joph will blindly support Israel here. No one will be quite sure why. Jesuses?
____________________________
Disclaimer:

To make a long story short, I don't take any responsibility for anything I post here. It's not news, it's not truth, it's not serious. It's parody. It's satire. It's bitter. It's angsty. Your mother's a whore. You like to jack off dogs. That's right, you heard me. You like to grab that dog by the bone and rub it like a ski pole. Your dad? Gay. Your priest? Straight. **** off and let me post. It's not true, it's all in good fun. Now go away.

#5 Nov 15 2012 at 1:51 PM Rating: Excellent
******
43,460 posts
Omegavegeta wrote:
Now Obama can't be defeated by being declared "weak on Israel", even though by "Supporting Israel's right to defend itself" by doing nothing is the same thing that Romney would do.
He gets to dodge a bullet and explain to us after the fact how he would handle it have prevented it, and in an hour or two we'll hear how it was Obama's plan all along.

Edited, Nov 15th 2012 2:53pm by lolgaxe
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#6 Nov 15 2012 at 1:56 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
Smasharoo wrote:
Jesuses?

Jesuii
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#7 Nov 15 2012 at 1:59 PM Rating: Excellent
****
6,470 posts
Jophiel wrote:
Smasharoo wrote:
Jesuses?

Jesuii


Fun Fact: A group of Jesuii is technically called a "shrewdness".
____________________________
Latest Articles:
Monaco: What's Yours is Mine Review

Follow me on Twitter!
#8 Nov 15 2012 at 2:29 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
*****
11,206 posts
Eske Esquire wrote:
Jophiel wrote:
Smasharoo wrote:
Jesuses?

Jesuii


Fun Fact: A group of Jesuii is technically called a "shrewdness".


And a group of female Jesuii is called a "shrewness"?
____________________________
Shaowstrike (Retired - FFXI)
91PUP/BLM 86SMN/BST 76DRK
Cooking/Fishing 100


"We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary."
— James D. Nicoll
#9 Nov 15 2012 at 2:40 PM Rating: Good
****
6,470 posts
#10 Nov 15 2012 at 4:55 PM Rating: Good
Drunken English Bastard
*****
15,262 posts
**** Israel. Etc.
____________________________
My Movember page
Solrain wrote:
WARs can use semi-colons however we want. I once killed a guy with a semi-colon.

LordFaramir wrote:
ODESNT MATTER CAUSE I HAVE ALCHOLOL IN MY VEINGS BETCH ;3
#11 Nov 15 2012 at 5:13 PM Rating: Decent
Encyclopedia
******
31,484 posts
Nilatai wrote:
@#%^ing Israel. Etc.


Yes. Because the Palestinians are just peacefully sitting there doing nothing at all.
____________________________
King Nobby wrote:
More words please
#12 Nov 15 2012 at 5:39 PM Rating: Good
Drunken English Bastard
*****
15,262 posts
gbaji wrote:
Nilatai wrote:
@#%^ing Israel. Etc.


Yes. Because the Palestinians are just peacefully sitting there doing nothing at all.

No, not at all. @#%^ing Palestine. Etc.


It's getting to the stage where Palestine should just say "Fine, you've annexed us", and then start a civil rights movement, though.

Edited, Nov 15th 2012 6:41pm by Nilatai
____________________________
My Movember page
Solrain wrote:
WARs can use semi-colons however we want. I once killed a guy with a semi-colon.

LordFaramir wrote:
ODESNT MATTER CAUSE I HAVE ALCHOLOL IN MY VEINGS BETCH ;3
#13 Nov 15 2012 at 6:33 PM Rating: Excellent
Tracer Bullet
*****
12,564 posts

This news comes on the heels of Israel saying that if Palestine tries to lobby the U.N. for statehood, that it will void their peace agreement, and they'll basically blow up their shit if they try it.

From Salon.com:
Quote:
The document says U.N. General Assembly approval of the Palestinian request would violate 1990s agreements between the two sides and “give Israel the right to reconsider and nullify” them in whole or in part. “Adoption of the resolution by the General Assembly will have grave consequences, and set in motion unilateral Israeli responses,” the ministry communique said, cautioning that it would also complicate future diplomatic progress.

Quote:
Vice Premier Moshe Yaalon, speaking in a similar vein, told Army Radio on Wednesday that his country would “have to take steps to make it clear that there will be a heavy price” if the statehood petition goes ahead.

Those are not statements made by a peace-seeking, civil country that I would want the US to back unconditionally.
____________________________
Na Zdrowie
#14 Nov 15 2012 at 9:28 PM Rating: Excellent
Gurue
*****
16,284 posts
Nilatai wrote:
gbaji wrote:
Nilatai wrote:
@#%^ing Israel. Etc.


Yes. Because the Palestinians are just peacefully sitting there doing nothing at all.

No, not at all. @#%^ing Palestine. Etc.

@#%^ing furriners amirite?
#15 Nov 16 2012 at 8:44 AM Rating: Excellent
******
43,460 posts
Let them kill each other and then come in afterwards and build some Twinkie factories.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#16 Nov 16 2012 at 8:56 AM Rating: Good
Lunatic
******
29,257 posts
Yes. Because the Palestinians are just peacefully sitting there doing nothing at all.

There no "Palestinians" because, apparently, self determination only matters if you're a Jew in the opinion of Israel. I get the counter POV, here, it's not complicated. People who hate you are an inch away from your borders shooting rockets at your citizens. That's no good. It's hard to get past the fact that Israel has oppressively marginalized this area to the point where they've made life **** for 20 year olds who couldn't have cared less about the wars in the 70's and essentially guaranteed another generation of conflict. For what?
____________________________
Disclaimer:

To make a long story short, I don't take any responsibility for anything I post here. It's not news, it's not truth, it's not serious. It's parody. It's satire. It's bitter. It's angsty. Your mother's a whore. You like to jack off dogs. That's right, you heard me. You like to grab that dog by the bone and rub it like a ski pole. Your dad? Gay. Your priest? Straight. **** off and let me post. It's not true, it's all in good fun. Now go away.

#17 Nov 16 2012 at 9:02 AM Rating: Good
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
15,679 posts
lolgaxe wrote:
Let them kill each other and then come in afterwards and build some Twinkie factories.

Blood Twinkies - could YOU eat them?
____________________________
Alma wrote:
Post and be happy!
#18 Nov 16 2012 at 9:11 AM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
Elinda wrote:
Blood Twinkies - could YOU eat them?

Blood Twinkie II: Filled With Vengeance
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#19 Nov 16 2012 at 9:22 AM Rating: Excellent
******
43,460 posts
Jophiel wrote:
Elinda wrote:
Blood Twinkies - could YOU eat them?
Blood Twinkie II: Filled With Electric Boogaloo
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#20 Nov 17 2012 at 9:28 AM Rating: Good
Drunken English Bastard
*****
15,262 posts
Nadenu wrote:
Nilatai wrote:
gbaji wrote:
Nilatai wrote:
@#%^ing Israel. Etc.


Yes. Because the Palestinians are just peacefully sitting there doing nothing at all.

No, not at all. @#%^ing Palestine. Etc.

@#%^ing furriners amirite?

To be honest I'm not sure how they've not turned themselves to glass yet.
____________________________
My Movember page
Solrain wrote:
WARs can use semi-colons however we want. I once killed a guy with a semi-colon.

LordFaramir wrote:
ODESNT MATTER CAUSE I HAVE ALCHOLOL IN MY VEINGS BETCH ;3
#21 Nov 17 2012 at 11:55 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
2,531 posts
Nadenu wrote:
Nilatai wrote:
gbaji wrote:
Nilatai wrote:
@#%^ing Israel. Etc.


Yes. Because the Palestinians are just peacefully sitting there doing nothing at all.

No, not at all. @#%^ing Palestine. Etc.

@#%^ing furriners amirite?


Are those furries from other countries?
____________________________
Dandruffshampoo wrote:
Curses, beaten by Professor stupidopo-opo.
Annabella, Goblin in Disguise wrote:
Stupidmonkey is more organized than a bag of raccoons.
#23 Nov 18 2012 at 12:51 AM Rating: Good
crazylegz1975 wrote:
Smasharoo wrote:
Yes. Because the Palestinians are just peacefully sitting there doing nothing at all.

There no "Palestinians" because, apparently, self determination only matters if you're a Jew in the opinion of Israel. I get the counter POV, here, it's not complicated. People who hate you are an inch away from your borders shooting rockets at your citizens. That's no good. It's hard to get past the fact that Israel has oppressively marginalized this area to the point where they've made life **** for 20 year olds who couldn't have cared less about the wars in the 70's and essentially guaranteed another generation of conflict. For what?


Of course self determination for the muslims involves killing all the jews and anyone else who opposes sharia law.

Obama gave egypt to the muslims and now we're seeing the results.


Actually, that's never been what it was about. It has more or less always been about the holy land itself and then treatment of one side by the other. Time for a history lesson(no math for you today!).

At the end of the second world war, the allies, specifically the British, more or less controlled the middle east; syria, jordan, lebanon, palestine, etc. Now the people who would come to found Isreal wished to return to the promised land around Jerusalem, and the Palestinians wanted the same land, and were already there. The British, seeing that this could turn into a sort of civil war, made the offer that they split the area, and leave Jerusalem under the control of the UN(similar to how control of Berlin worked, but without Soviets). The Israelis accepted this, however, the Palestinians rejected it, and proceeded to lose a war over it.

So back then, it was easy to see Israel as the good guys, they saw a.good deal(mind you one that would have been temporary) and took it while the Palestinians got kinda...religiously greedy. However, since then(and this is wht causes others and myself to take the side of the palestinians), Israel has made it their mission to be **** to all their neighbours, and to commit constant crimes against humanity in the region. And all of it over one ancient city and area, that could so easily be shared. I suppose that in reality, all sides are at complete fault, and the ignorance of people in the countries that support either side, tends to not help the situation at all.

Sharia law, and other religious practices(which, from what I've read, ae not practised by the majority of Palestinians, or muslims for that matter at this point) have absolutely nothing to do with it, and your hate-mongering is a perfect example of what is not helping at all for either side.

Now, I've asked this before, both to you, and others who are about as ignorant of contemporary history(or history in general) as you are: why don't you actually look into the history of the things you claim? Is it because you're lazy? Dumb? Uninterested?(Which would call into question as to why the disinterested would bother to say anything at all)? What is it? I'm legitimately curious about that. Why doesn't anyone seem to want to actually learn things?
____________________________
Master Meleagant Driftwood of Stromm, Warrior of the 69th level(EQ)
Rhyys, Human Warrior of 67th level(WoW)

The World Is Not A Cold Dead Place.
Alan Watts wrote:
I am omnipotent insofar as I am the Universe, but I am not an omnipotent in the role of Alan Watts, only cunning


Eske wrote:
I've always read Driftwood as the straight man in varus' double act. It helps if you read all of his posts in the voice of Droopy Dog.
#24 Nov 18 2012 at 11:40 AM Rating: Good
Drunken English Bastard
*****
15,262 posts
The first time, that we (the British) tried to get the two sides to come to some sort of agreement was just before the second world war, actually.

Something called the Peel Commission. Probably wasn't the first time, actually. Still.
____________________________
My Movember page
Solrain wrote:
WARs can use semi-colons however we want. I once killed a guy with a semi-colon.

LordFaramir wrote:
ODESNT MATTER CAUSE I HAVE ALCHOLOL IN MY VEINGS BETCH ;3
#25 Nov 18 2012 at 12:14 PM Rating: Good
Needs More Smut
Avatar
******
20,229 posts
The only way they're going to have peace is if we put them in time out and separate them. Like fighting children.

So, we need to somehow split Gaza and move it over to little hole between the West Bank and Jordon where the Dead Sea is drying out due to climate change. Then we need to pick up Israel and drop it in Arizona or Utah - the desert is similar enough that they won't notice. Smiley: nod

What? This works on a map puzzle of the world.
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck. Once again a top bard on the server: Dardaubla 90 on 1/6/2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest on Lamia - Member of The Swarm and leader of Grammarian Tea House chat LS
#26 Nov 18 2012 at 1:37 PM Rating: Decent
Nilatai wrote:
The first time, that we (the British) tried to get the two sides to come to some sort of agreement was just before the second world war, actually.

Something called the Peel Commission. Probably wasn't the first time, actually. Still.



Huh, I didn't know about that. Now I have something to learn about whilst relaxing.
____________________________
Master Meleagant Driftwood of Stromm, Warrior of the 69th level(EQ)
Rhyys, Human Warrior of 67th level(WoW)

The World Is Not A Cold Dead Place.
Alan Watts wrote:
I am omnipotent insofar as I am the Universe, but I am not an omnipotent in the role of Alan Watts, only cunning


Eske wrote:
I've always read Driftwood as the straight man in varus' double act. It helps if you read all of his posts in the voice of Droopy Dog.
#27 Nov 18 2012 at 1:46 PM Rating: Decent
@#%^ing DRK
*****
13,137 posts
Monsieur Driftwood wrote:
Nilatai wrote:
The first time, that we (the British) tried to get the two sides to come to some sort of agreement was just before the second world war, actually.

Something called the Peel Commission. Probably wasn't the first time, actually. Still.



Huh, I didn't know about that. Now I have something to learn about whilst relaxing.


I freely admit my ignorance on the history of the Israel/Palestine dispute and need to learn more about it. I've always found the whole situation very depressing since there has been little to no progress since I was born.
#28 Nov 18 2012 at 5:50 PM Rating: Excellent
Ministry of Silly Cnuts
*****
19,492 posts
"You can't defend yourself when you're militarily occupying someone else's land. That's not defense."
Noam Chomsky
____________________________
"I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left" - Seasick Steve
#29 Nov 18 2012 at 5:56 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
*****
11,206 posts
Nobby wrote:
"You can't defend yourself when you're militarily occupying someone else's land. That's not defense."
Noam Chomsky


"The best defense is a strong offense."

Every military strategist in the past 3000 years.
____________________________
Shaowstrike (Retired - FFXI)
91PUP/BLM 86SMN/BST 76DRK
Cooking/Fishing 100


"We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary."
— James D. Nicoll
#30 Nov 18 2012 at 7:43 PM Rating: Default
Avatar
****
8,944 posts
I have no sympathy for any injured reporter.. They're just chilling on top of buildings, with no gear jumping at explosions... I never quite understood that.. It's not that serious.
____________________________
Demea wrote:
Almalieque wrote:

I'm biased against statistics
#31 Nov 18 2012 at 9:50 PM Rating: Good
Quote:
I have no sympathy for any injured reporter.. They're just chilling on top of buildings, with no gear jumping at explosions... I never quite understood that.. It's not that serious.


I'd say its more serious than a hurricane. Plus, ya know, its easier to cover a story from where its happening as opposed to...anywhere else?
____________________________
"The Rich are there to take all of the money & pay none of the taxes, the middle class is there to do all the work and pay all the taxes, and the poor are there to scare the **** out of the middle class." -George Carlin


#32 Nov 18 2012 at 10:30 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
*****
11,929 posts
Shaowstrike the Shady wrote:
Nobby wrote:
"You can't defend yourself when you're militarily occupying someone else's land. That's not defense."
Noam Chomsky


"The best defense is a strong offense."

Every military strategist in the past 3000 years.


Crush your enemy totally.
____________________________
"India black magic anal sex zionist blow job terrorism child rape bicycle"
Just as Planned.
#33 Nov 19 2012 at 8:18 AM Rating: Excellent
******
43,460 posts
Omegavegeta wrote:
I'd say its more serious than a hurricane.
With all the strength of a raging fire.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#34 Nov 19 2012 at 8:44 AM Rating: Excellent
***
1,877 posts
lolgaxe wrote:
Omegavegeta wrote:
I'd say its more serious than a hurricane.
With all the strength of a raging fire.


Oh you can go to **** for putting that song back in my head. Smiley: mad
____________________________
#swaggerjacker
#35 Nov 19 2012 at 9:23 AM Rating: Good
Drunken English Bastard
*****
15,262 posts
Criminy wrote:
lolgaxe wrote:
Omegavegeta wrote:
I'd say its more serious than a hurricane.
With all the strength of a raging fire.


Oh you can go to **** for putting that song back in my head. Smiley: mad

Smiley: laugh
____________________________
My Movember page
Solrain wrote:
WARs can use semi-colons however we want. I once killed a guy with a semi-colon.

LordFaramir wrote:
ODESNT MATTER CAUSE I HAVE ALCHOLOL IN MY VEINGS BETCH ;3
#36 Nov 19 2012 at 9:56 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
****
7,460 posts
Israel falls for the bait hard. All this does is strengthens Iran's position for Arab Solidarity. Good ol Israel 2 steps forward 3 steps back.
____________________________
HEY GOOGLE. **** OFF YOU. **** YOUR **** SEARCH ENGINE IN ITS **** SHITTY BINARY ASS. ALL DAY LONG.

#37 Nov 19 2012 at 10:36 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
*****
11,929 posts
Criminy wrote:
lolgaxe wrote:
Omegavegeta wrote:
I'd say its more serious than a hurricane.
With all the strength of a raging fire.


Oh you can go to **** for putting that song back in my head. Smiley: mad


But it's a great song.
____________________________
"India black magic anal sex zionist blow job terrorism child rape bicycle"
Just as Planned.
#38 Nov 19 2012 at 1:12 PM Rating: Good
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
15,679 posts
Like others I feel pretty unqualified to support either side in this long-standing conflict. None-the-less, I thought this article was interesting in that it attempts to highlight five reasons why things are 'different' this time around.

You don't need to understand two-thousand years of drama for this article to make sense - only the last couple decades.

Quote:
1. Egypt's Changing Role: With the Muslim Brotherhood now running Egypt, the country's prime minister traveled to Gaza after the shooting started and visited the main Gaza City hospital to show solidarity with the Palestinians.

This reflects the close and long-standing ties between the Brotherhood and Hamas, the radical Islamist group that controls Gaza. In fact, Hamas is an offshoot of the Muslim Brotherhood.

When Hosni Mubarak was the president of Egypt, he was one of the few figures acceptable as a mediator to both the Israelis and the Palestinians. Mubarak sent aides shuttling back and forth to Israel and to Gaza to broker cease-fires.

With Mubarak gone, the burden is still falling on Egypt by default. Israel sent an envoy there for truce talks. However, Hamas is sure to feel far more comfortable dealing with an Egyptian government headed by the Muslim Brotherhood than it ever did with Mubarak, a staunch opponent of Islamist groups. The Israelis, in turn, are likely to be far less trusting of Egyptian President Mohamed Morsi.

2. Arab Leaders Go To Gaza: Hamas has been largely isolated since coming to power in Gaza in 2006. Its best friends have been Iran, Syria and Hezbollah in Lebanon, all pariahs in the West and the international community to varying degrees. Visits by foreign dignitaries to Gaza were exceedingly rare. Gazans have felt cut off from the world and refer to their territory as an "open-air prison."

But virtually overnight, Gaza has gone from a diplomatic black hole to diplomatic crossroads.

The emir of Qatar visited shortly before the fighting began, making him the most prominent leader to set foot in Gaza since Hamas took over. Tunisia's foreign minister, Rafik Abdesslem, visited on Saturday and said, "Israel should understand that many things have changed and that lots of water has run in the Arab river," according to Reuters.

An Arab league delegation is planning to arrive Tuesday. U.N. Secretary General Ban Ki-moon is in Cairo for talks.

Gazans clearly feel that they have more international support than in the past. Israel, which is already concerned about the rise of Islamists in many Arab states, is likely to feel even less secure about its diplomatic standing.

3. Hamas' Rockets, Israel's Iron Dome: Previous bloodlettings in Gaza took place in a very confined space. Israel fenced off Gaza years ago to prevent Palestinian militants from getting out, and Palestinian homemade rockets could only travel a few miles into southern Israel.

Now Palestinian rockets can reach Tel Aviv and Jerusalem — Israel's two largest and most important cities — which are in the center the country. Symbolically and psychologically, Hamas poses a more significant threat with these more powerful weapons, which came from Iran, according to the Israeli military.

To counteract the fire from Gaza, Israel has built the Iron Dome missile interceptor system. Incoming Palestinian rockets are regularly shot down while still in flight. Israel has been extremely pleased with the performance of the system, built with the help of U.S. money and technology.

"This is certainly a game changer," Josh Hartman, a spokesman for Israel's Defense Ministry, told NPR's Morning Edition. "The Iron Dome is a very sophisticated radar system [that] determines where the rockets are going to land; and if the rockets are going to land in built-up urban populated areas, we choose to intercept these rockets with over 90 percent success rate."

However, as Sheera Frenkel reported from Israel for Morning Edition, the success of Iron Dome may be making Israelis a bit too casual about incoming rockets. When air raid sirens go off, some Israelis no longer race to take cover. Instead, they look to the sky in hopes of seeing the Iron Dome take out an incoming rocket.

4. The Absence Of A Peace Process: Peace negotiations have been virtually nonexistent in recent years. As a result, when clashes erupt, the diplomatic goals have been modest, seeking only to halt the immediate fighting.

At present, few entertain the notion of a full-fledged Israeli-Palestinian peace agreement despite an almost universal belief this is what's needed to prevent the recurring clashes.

"When fighting flares over Gaza, world leaders and pundits scamper to the same old and feeble solution: a ceasefire. But that 'magic' formula has never worked well and won't succeed now, at least for long," Leslie Gelb, of the Council of Foreign Relations, writes at The Daily Beast.

5. U.S. Skittishness In The Middle East: U.S. foreign policy has been dominated by crises in the Middle East for more than a decade, and there's no apparent desire to wade into another one.

U.S. troops are gone from Iraq, but President Obama is still dealing with the military drawdown in Afghanistan, the uproar over the attack on the U.S. mission in Libya, and the tensions surrounding the Iranian nuclear program.

The U.S. has been strongly supportive of Israel and blamed the Hamas rocket attacks for the latest escalation. But like Israel, the U.S. considers Hamas a terrorist group and does not deal with it. Therefore, an end to the fighting seems likely to be worked out primarily, if not entirely, among the parties in the Middle East.
____________________________
Alma wrote:
Post and be happy!
#39 Nov 20 2012 at 12:02 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
****
7,460 posts
6. When you back a dog into a corner it will try and bite you.

Israel has been containing the people of Palestine in the largest open air prison the world has ever seen. They have consistently denied them the right to assemble their own nation, and have spent countless years urging the UN to deny them the right of being considered a nation. They have bulldozed homes to provide more land for their expanding population and industry, they have abducted people based on suspicion, and they have done this for over 40 years.

The attack on Syria (a "retaliation") was the trigger for the dog to bite back.

If we in the west truly want peace in the middle east, we must confront Israels disturbing human rights history, and we must confront the Arab League on its collective hate for Israel. Simply backing one and not the other, scolding one and not the other is not the answer, it is hypocritical.

It is embarrassing to say the least. Especially when these people (on both sides) are fighting for their ways of life, and to have the freedom to call their homes, home. Both sides are equally responsible, and it is time we called a spade a spade, otherwise our principles and value of freedom mean nothing.

The great hypocrisy of our time is rearing its ugly head.
____________________________
HEY GOOGLE. **** OFF YOU. **** YOUR **** SEARCH ENGINE IN ITS **** SHITTY BINARY ASS. ALL DAY LONG.

#40 Nov 20 2012 at 12:08 PM Rating: Excellent
Meat Popsicle
*****
11,625 posts
rdmcandie wrote:
Especially when these people (on both sides) are fighting for their ways of life, and to have the freedom to call their homes, home. Both sides are equally responsible, and it is time we called a spade a spade, otherwise our principles and value of freedom mean nothing.


I keep hoping that the warmongers on both sides will just kill each other off already. Sadly it doesn't seem to be happening as fast as hoped. Smiley: frown
____________________________
That monster in the mirror, he just might be you. -Grover
#41 Nov 20 2012 at 2:13 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
******
27,046 posts
someproteinguy wrote:
rdmcandie wrote:
Especially when these people (on both sides) are fighting for their ways of life, and to have the freedom to call their homes, home. Both sides are equally responsible, and it is time we called a spade a spade, otherwise our principles and value of freedom mean nothing.


I keep hoping that the warmongers on both sides will just kill each other off already. Sadly it doesn't seem to be happening as fast as hoped. Smiley: frown
The warmongers don't actually do any of the fighting though. That would just be silly.
____________________________
Theophany wrote:
YOU'RE AN ELITIST @#%^ AETHIEN, NO WONDER YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS AND PEOPLE HATE YOU.
someproteinguy wrote:
Aethien you take more terrible pictures than a Japanese tourist.
Astarin wrote:
One day, Maz, you'll learn not to click on anything Aeth links.
#42 Nov 20 2012 at 3:43 PM Rating: Default
Avatar
****
8,944 posts
Omegavegeta wrote:
Quote:
I have no sympathy for any injured reporter.. They're just chilling on top of buildings, with no gear jumping at explosions... I never quite understood that.. It's not that serious.


I'd say its more serious than a hurricane. Plus, ya know, its easier to cover a story from where its happening as opposed to...anywhere else?


1. Does the world need to see live action violence in order for the government to act?

2. Even if you needed film, there's no reason not to have any gear on.

3. Do you need to be standing on top of a building to get your film?
____________________________
Demea wrote:
Almalieque wrote:

I'm biased against statistics
#43 Nov 20 2012 at 11:34 PM Rating: Excellent
Quote:
1. Does the world need to see live action violence in order for the government to act?


Usually. It helps more if the violence is happening to a white person, preferably female.
Quote:
2. Even if you needed film, there's no reason not to have any gear on.

You're right, they should have worn a helmet.
Quote:
3. Do you need to be standing on top of a building to get your film?

Depends on lighting.

Dude, you're arguing against journalists covering a story which is, ya know, what journalism is. Well, what its supposed to be, anyways.
____________________________
"The Rich are there to take all of the money & pay none of the taxes, the middle class is there to do all the work and pay all the taxes, and the poor are there to scare the **** out of the middle class." -George Carlin


#44 Nov 21 2012 at 8:12 AM Rating: Good
******
43,460 posts
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
The warmongers don't actually do any of the fighting though.
A lot of patriots are the same way.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#45Almalieque, Posted: Nov 21 2012 at 12:30 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Dude, I'm not fighting against journalism, but stupidity. If your enemy is firing missiles into your country, don't you think large buildings will more than likely be, ya know, targets? I hate to burst your bubble, but we have means to where a person doesn't physically have to be in the fire fight to know what's going on...
#46 Nov 21 2012 at 12:36 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
****
7,460 posts
ya its called the media reporting on the news.
____________________________
HEY GOOGLE. **** OFF YOU. **** YOUR **** SEARCH ENGINE IN ITS **** SHITTY BINARY ASS. ALL DAY LONG.

#47 Nov 21 2012 at 1:03 PM Rating: Default
Avatar
****
8,944 posts
rdmcandie wrote:
ya its called the media reporting on the news.

Smiley: lol
____________________________
Demea wrote:
Almalieque wrote:

I'm biased against statistics
#48 Nov 21 2012 at 5:34 PM Rating: Decent
Prodigal Son
*****
19,894 posts
Anderson Cooper's immaculately groomed hair singed by a nearby explosion
____________________________
publiusvarus wrote:
we all know liberals are well adjusted american citizens who only want what's best for society. While conservatives are evil money grubbing scum who only want to sh*t on the little man and rob the world of its resources.
#49 Nov 21 2012 at 6:42 PM Rating: Good
Tracer Bullet
*****
12,564 posts

I heard about this but didn't watch the video until now. Was neat that you could see the flash of the explosion first. Anderson couldn't see where it had gone off, but the sound was about 1.5 seconds delayed, which means that it was about 1600 feet, or 3 city blocks away.

____________________________
Na Zdrowie
#50 Nov 21 2012 at 7:15 PM Rating: Default
Avatar
****
8,944 posts
I was just so watching the news when I saw that...That was the clip that I was referencing to. Just plain silly.
____________________________
Demea wrote:
Almalieque wrote:

I'm biased against statistics
#51 Nov 21 2012 at 8:07 PM Rating: Good
**
697 posts
Ancient hatred and modern weapons. My kind of show, man! ~ George Carlin
____________________________
Shadechaos of Seraph Bismarck
R.I.P. Cindy 2.26.56 - 4.18.13
~She made a difference~
« Previous 1 2 3
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 32 All times are in CDT
Jophiel, stupidmonkey, Anonymous Guests (30)