Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

Besides presidential voting in November...Follow

#102 Nov 03 2012 at 8:48 PM Rating: Good
Cervixhouse-Five
******
30,635 posts
I have admitted on these boards before that I have never used pot. I don't think it made anyone think any less of me.

In college, when I could've smoked weed if I'd wanted to, I was not interested in smoking or drinking alcohol. I was there to get my degree and that's what I did. Not to say that I didn't have any fun at all, but my father is an alcoholic, and for a long time I was afraid that any alcohol use would make ME an alcoholic, too, and I really wanted that college education. I have since grown a little and I understand that, while alcoholism is hereditary, it doesn't quite work the way I thought it did.

In Tennessee, I was not interested in smoking weed. Mostly because the only person that I really knew who could get it for us was a pot head dealer living in a trailer park, and he took all manner of pills in addition to smoking copious amounts of weed. I didn't want anything to do with him, and I was afraid to get anything from him, since I would have no idea if he'd laced it with anything or not. He was always trying to get my husband to smoke out with him.

Now that I'm away from that, I'm actually interested in trying it once, just to see what it's like. I don't like the idea of smoking anything, but I'd be interested in trying one of the edibles or whatever you crazy kids call it these days.

As for our ballot questions:

1. An amendment to the HI constitution to assist dam and reservoir owners. The purpose of this Act is to authorize the State to issue special purpose revenue bonds and use the proceeds from the bonds to assist dam and reservoir owners.
2. An amendment to the HI constitution authorizing the chief justice of the state supreme court to appoint retired judges to serve as emeritus judges.

Changes to the HI County charter:

Proposal No. 1: Records and Meetings Open to the Public
Proposal No. 2: Public Access, Open Space, and Natural Resources Preservation Fund
Proposal No. 3: Public Access, Open Space, and Natural Resources Preservation Maintenance Fund
Proposal No. 4: Establishing Special Funds
Proposal No. 5: Eligibility for Redistricting Commissioners to be Candidates for County Council
Proposal No. 6: Establishing a Game Management Advisory Commission

Pretty boring sh*t.

Edited, Nov 3rd 2012 9:48pm by Belkira
____________________________
Kurt Vonnegut (1922-2007) wrote:
I am eternally grateful.. for my knack of finding in great books, some of them very funny books, reason enough to feel honored to be alive, no matter what else might be going on.
#103 Nov 03 2012 at 9:03 PM Rating: Excellent
Almalieque wrote:
What is the purpose of smoking marijuana that can't be duplicated by a legal drug that doesn't give you a buzz?
The only legal drugs on the market that have a reasonable chance at affecting nerve pain have the fun side effect (among others) of bloating one up into a land whale which leads to other fun stuff like diabetes, etc., so, no thanks. Other, more enlightened countries realized this some time ago. In Canada they have, for those suffering from MS and similar disorders a sublingual THC spray that provides the pain-killing benefit while minimizing the buzz. There's no reason the same can't happen here except the pharm companies fighting tooth and nail to keep canabiods away from the population lest they lose profits.

Almalieque wrote:
The point was that "not doing drugs" is not something you tend to "admit to" in the same sense that we admit to things in society. You make it seem like not smoking marijuana is like being a virgin.
NO. The point is that as a non-user you have no business talking about its effects because you have no frame of reference. See, I'm not black. On an intelectual level I suppose I could talk all day about what its like to be black, but 99% of what I say is likely to be bullsh*t because, y'know....I'M NOT BLACK. Get it now?


EDIT: because I'm typing-tarded today.Smiley: frown

Edited, Nov 3rd 2012 9:09pm by Bijou
____________________________
gbaji wrote:
I'm smarter then you. I know how to think. I've been trained in critical thinking instead of blindly parroting what I've been told.

#104 Nov 03 2012 at 9:38 PM Rating: Excellent
Gurue
*****
16,278 posts
WHY do you guys keep responding to Alma??
#105 Nov 03 2012 at 9:41 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
2,503 posts
Almalieque wrote:
stupid wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
But why would want to smoke marijuana?

"How is Babby Formed?"

haha your dumb is showing through


Smiley: lol


You should zip up, cause your dumb is showing through!

just so you get the context. It is your dumb, you own it, you use it (quite regularly) and I think you do it unintentionally.
____________________________
Dandruffshampoo wrote:
Curses, beaten by Professor stupidopo-opo.
Annabella, Goblin in Disguise wrote:
Stupidmonkey is more organized than a bag of raccoons.
#106 Nov 03 2012 at 9:42 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
2,503 posts
Nadenu wrote:
WHY do you guys keep responding to Alma??


Because +1 Smiley: tongue
____________________________
Dandruffshampoo wrote:
Curses, beaten by Professor stupidopo-opo.
Annabella, Goblin in Disguise wrote:
Stupidmonkey is more organized than a bag of raccoons.
#107 Nov 03 2012 at 9:56 PM Rating: Good
Nadenu wrote:
WHY do you guys keep responding to Alma??
Because we know you hate it and you'll respond and we miss you?Smiley: flowers
____________________________
gbaji wrote:
I'm smarter then you. I know how to think. I've been trained in critical thinking instead of blindly parroting what I've been told.

#108 Nov 04 2012 at 12:38 AM Rating: Decent
Keeper of the Shroud
*****
13,032 posts
Friar Bijou wrote:
Other, more enlightened countries realized this some time ago. In Canada they have, for those suffering from MS and similar disorders a sublingual THC spray that provides the pain-killing benefit while minimizing the buzz. There's no reason the same can't happen here except the pharm companies fighting tooth and nail to keep canabiods away from the population lest they lose profits.


Dronabinol says hi. Granted it's not for nerve pain, but it is a cannabinoid.

Edited, Nov 4th 2012 4:43pm by Turin
#109 Nov 04 2012 at 7:36 AM Rating: Default
Avatar
****
8,912 posts
Bijou wrote:
The only legal drugs on the market that have a reasonable chance at affecting nerve pain have the fun side effect (among others) of bloating one up into a land whale which leads to other fun stuff like diabetes, etc., so, no thanks. Other, more enlightened countries realized this some time ago. In Canada they have, for those suffering from MS and similar disorders a sublingual THC spray that provides the pain-killing benefit while minimizing the buzz. There's no reason the same can't happen here except the pharm com[panies fighting tooth and nail too keep canabiods away from the population lest they lose profits.


That's cool and all if the fight for legalizing marijuana was purely in the extreme cases where marijuana proved to be the best solution. We all know that isn't the case. If that were the case, then we wouldn't be having this discussion.

Bijou wrote:
NO. The point is that as a non-user you have no business talking about its effects because you have no frame of reference. See, I'm not black. On an intelectual level I suppose I could talk all day about what its like to be black, but 99% of what I say is likely to be bullsh*t because, y'know....I'M NOT BLACK. Get it now?


I get that you fail to understand. I'm not sure what's with this board in black comparisons... Being black isn't a lifestyle. There are stereotypical lifestyles that correspond to black people, but they aren't bound to it.

Anyway, back on topic. I was asking a question and you're the one who got offended. If you think for a moment that I have to get high on a particular drug in order to know it's effects on people and the communities, then you must be smoking something now.

You are defending drugs, that's cool, but to pretend that there are legitimate reasons to smoke marijuana (outside of the possible extreme scenarios) is delusional. People smoke to rebel and get high.
____________________________
Demea wrote:
Almalieque wrote:

I'm biased against statistics
#110 Nov 04 2012 at 8:52 AM Rating: Good
Unforkgettable
*****
13,165 posts
Nadenu wrote:
WHY do you guys keep responding to Alma??
The only ways to keep threads going in the Asylum: respond to Alma, respond to gbaji, or respond to ThiefvaruslegzX.
____________________________
Banh
#111 Nov 04 2012 at 1:25 PM Rating: Good
******
21,717 posts
Almalieque wrote:
Bijou wrote:
NO. The point is that as a non-user you have no business talking about its effects because you have no frame of reference. See, I'm not black. On an intelectual level I suppose I could talk all day about what its like to be black, but 99% of what I say is likely to be bullsh*t because, y'know....I'M NOT BLACK. Get it now?

I get that you fail to understand.

The failure here is not Bijou's...
____________________________
R.I.P. Jessica M. 5/3/2010
This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.
gbaji wrote:
You guys keep tossing facts out there like they mean something.


#112 Nov 04 2012 at 1:30 PM Rating: Default
Avatar
****
8,912 posts
BrownDuck wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
Bijou wrote:
NO. The point is that as a non-user you have no business talking about its effects because you have no frame of reference. See, I'm not black. On an intelectual level I suppose I could talk all day about what its like to be black, but 99% of what I say is likely to be bullsh*t because, y'know....I'M NOT BLACK. Get it now?

I get that you fail to understand.

The failure here is not Bijou's...


So profound, go on...
____________________________
Demea wrote:
Almalieque wrote:

I'm biased against statistics
#113 Nov 04 2012 at 3:46 PM Rating: Excellent
Quote:
So profound, go on...


"I'm a great believer that any tool that enhances communication has profound effects in terms of how people can learn from each other, and how they can achieve the kind of freedoms that they're interested in. Unless Alma is using said tools of communication, then society becomes dumbed down as a whole."

- Bill Gates

(Paraphrased)
____________________________
"The Rich are there to take all of the money & pay none of the taxes, the middle class is there to do all the work and pay all the taxes, and the poor are there to scare the crap out of the middle class." -George Carlin


#114 Nov 04 2012 at 4:20 PM Rating: Excellent
Gurue
*****
16,278 posts
Friar Bijou wrote:
Nadenu wrote:
WHY do you guys keep responding to Alma??
Because we know you hate it and you'll respond and we miss you?Smiley: flowers

Smiley: blush

Well, ok then. Carry on!
#115 Nov 05 2012 at 8:06 AM Rating: Excellent
******
43,211 posts
Spoonless wrote:
Nadenu wrote:
WHY do you guys keep responding to Alma??
The only ways to keep threads going in the Asylum: respond to Alma, respond to gbaji, or respond to ThiefvaruslegzX.
Sometimes just letting things die is the right thing to do.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#116 Nov 05 2012 at 11:48 AM Rating: Good
My local sample ballot

Measure 3= I voted Yes, being as this is an agricultural type state, and I want there to some day be some sort of Marijuana reform laws. Though this measure doesn't state it now, it could in the future. I want to protect the rights of said farmers.

Measure 4= I voted No. Almost all businesses (bars included) are already smoke free. Some have built 'smoking areas' outside to accommodate the people who still do smoke. I do not want to take my dog to the dog park, if I'm not allowed to have a cigarette while she plays for an hour.

Measure 5= I also voted Yes, though many people (Vets included) are saying to vote NO, because it doesn't concern cases of neglect, and they want a more 'detailed' law on the books to include more acts that would fit under this section. I still think my vote will work.

..As to the other measures on the ballot (and the ones listed already), my vote is that of the liberal/independant so there are many, many, republicans in this area to cancel out my vote on those issues so I just dont care. Higher taxes sounds fine.

____________________________
Things I sometimes play...

"What do you want to be when you grow up?"
"I want to be a unicorn!"
"Awww, why's that?"........
"So I can stab people with my face."
#117 Nov 05 2012 at 12:17 PM Rating: Good
Tracer Bullet
*****
12,554 posts
Quote:
Initiated Constitutional Measure No. 3

BE IT ENACTED BY THE PEOPLE OF THE
STATE OF NORTH DAKOTA:

SECTION 1. AMENDMENT. Section 29 of
Article XI of the North Dakota Constitution is
created and enacted as follows:

Section 29. The right of farmers and
ranchers to engage in modern farming and
ranching practices shall be forever
guaranteed in this state. No law shall be
enacted which abridges the right of farmers
and ranchers to employ agricultural
technology, modern livestock production and
ranching practices.

That seems kinda silly to be a constitutional amendment. What if the farmers want to use some kind of modern practice that involves dumping pesticides everywhere, or allowing genetically modified crops to blow away and cross-pollinate with natural ones? You wouldn't be able to legislate it because it would be in the constitution. Or so it seems based on a cursory reading.

____________________________
Na Zdrowie
#118 Nov 05 2012 at 12:36 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
*****
19,523 posts
trickybeck wrote:
Quote:
Initiated Constitutional Measure No. 3

BE IT ENACTED BY THE PEOPLE OF THE
STATE OF NORTH DAKOTA:

SECTION 1. AMENDMENT. Section 29 of
Article XI of the North Dakota Constitution is
created and enacted as follows:

Section 29. The right of farmers and
ranchers to engage in modern farming and
ranching practices shall be forever
guaranteed in this state. No law shall be
enacted which abridges the right of farmers
and ranchers to employ agricultural
technology, modern livestock production and
ranching practices.

That seems kinda silly to be a constitutional amendment. What if the farmers want to use some kind of modern practice that involves dumping pesticides everywhere, or allowing genetically modified crops to blow away and cross-pollinate with natural ones? You wouldn't be able to legislate it because it would be in the constitution. Or so it seems based on a cursory reading.



It strikes me that this is EXACTLY what they are trying to do.
____________________________
IDrownFish wrote:
Anyways, you all are horrible, @#%^ed up people

lolgaxe wrote:
Never underestimate the healing power of a massive dong.
#119 Nov 05 2012 at 12:36 PM Rating: Good
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
15,548 posts
trickybeck wrote:
Quote:
Initiated Constitutional Measure No. 3

BE IT ENACTED BY THE PEOPLE OF THE
STATE OF NORTH DAKOTA:

SECTION 1. AMENDMENT. Section 29 of
Article XI of the North Dakota Constitution is
created and enacted as follows:

Section 29. The right of farmers and
ranchers to engage in modern farming and
ranching practices shall be forever
guaranteed in this state. No law shall be
enacted which abridges the right of farmers
and ranchers to employ agricultural
technology, modern livestock production and
ranching practices.

That seems kinda silly to be a constitutional amendment. What if the farmers want to use some kind of modern practice that involves dumping pesticides everywhere, or allowing genetically modified crops to blow away and cross-pollinate with natural ones? You wouldn't be able to legislate it because it would be in the constitution. Or so it seems based on a cursory reading.

It's just standard groundwork in preparation of the Zombie apocolypse.

Anyone remember the original Night of the Living Dead and the *zombies hatching out of the pods that come from creaky old farm fields?

*we didn't call them zombies back then - they were just 'living dead'.


Edited, Nov 5th 2012 7:43pm by Elinda
____________________________
Alma wrote:
Post and be happy!
#120 Nov 05 2012 at 12:41 PM Rating: Good
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
15,548 posts
trickybeck wrote:
Quote:
Initiated Constitutional Measure No. 3

BE IT ENACTED BY THE PEOPLE OF THE
STATE OF NORTH DAKOTA:

SECTION 1. AMENDMENT. Section 29 of
Article XI of the North Dakota Constitution is
created and enacted as follows:

Section 29. The right of farmers and
ranchers to engage in modern farming and
ranching practices shall be forever
guaranteed in this state. No law shall be
enacted which abridges the right of farmers
and ranchers to employ agricultural
technology, modern livestock production and
ranching practices.

That seems kinda silly to be a constitutional amendment. What if the farmers want to use some kind of modern practice that involves dumping pesticides everywhere, or allowing genetically modified crops to blow away and cross-pollinate with natural ones? You wouldn't be able to legislate it because it would be in the constitution. Or so it seems based on a cursory reading.


I would assume it doesn't supersede other laws. So the farmer can dump pesticides anywhere they want as long as they don't get on someone elses property run-off or seep into waters of the state, exceed any air pollution limits, and the resulting veggies are labeled as 'TOXIC'.

But still it doesn't seem like it should be a constitutional thing.
____________________________
Alma wrote:
Post and be happy!
#121 Nov 05 2012 at 12:58 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
***
2,833 posts
There are seven questions on the Maryland ballot. I voted last Friday.

Questions 1 and 2 deal with wither Orphan Court Judges in P.G. and Baltimore Co. should have law degrees. Both require amendments to the State Constitution, so the whole state electorate has a say on these local issues. No brainier that this was a yes vote

Question 3 deals with when we can remove a lawmaker from office if charged and convicted of certain crimes. Current law lets a lawmaker stay in office is suspended and only removed from office when conviction becomes final. Under the addended law, an elected official is suspended when found guilty and is removed when the conviction becomes final or the official pleads guilty or no contest. After we had P.G. elected official stay in office until she was sentence, this was an easy Yes.

Question 4 was if we want to allow children who been where illegally and fulfilled state requirement for HS diploma to be able to attend state college at the in-state tuition rate. Yes vote

Question 5 requires that the 8 Congressional districts be determine by the latest census figures. yes

Question 6 is to allow Same Sex Marriage in Maryland. Big Yes vote as it's the one issue I hope to see pass.

Question 7 Is to allow table games, increase the number of video games and allow another video gaming parlor in P.G. Co. I was iffy on this and think my vote cancel out Jonwin's.

Rest of the ballot was bond issues and wither Baltimore City should elect it's major and city council members on the same year as the general election. Liberal as I'm with spending other peoples money I voted yes to the bonds and held my nose on the election since my yes means the current office holder get an extra year in office.
____________________________
This Post is written in Elnese, If it was an actual Post, it would make sense.

"England needs, examples of people who, leaving Heaven to decide whether they are to rise in the world, decide for themselves that they will be happy in it, and have resolved to seek, not greater wealth, but simpler pleasures; not higher fortune, but deeper felicity; making the first of possessions self-possession, and honouring themselves in the harmless pride and calm pursuits of peace." - John Ruskin
#122 Nov 05 2012 at 1:08 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
My least favorite is the judge retention questions. Does anyone really have an intelligent reply to whether Stanley Wulpak should be retained as judge in the county's second district court? I mean, aside from Stanley's mom and maybe the guy whose speeding ticket wasn't dismissed by Wulpak even though he had a great excuse.

Edited, Nov 5th 2012 1:09pm by Jophiel
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#123 Nov 05 2012 at 1:29 PM Rating: Good
Tracer Bullet
*****
12,554 posts
Jophiel wrote:
My least favorite is the judge retention questions. Does anyone really have an intelligent reply to whether Stanley Wulpak should be retained as judge in the county's second district court? I mean, aside from Stanley's mom and maybe the guy whose speeding ticket wasn't dismissed by Wulpak even though he had a great excuse.

I take the newspaper into the booth with me that gives judge recommendations (the Tribune does it anyway). Sure, it's somewhat based on the paper's biases, but it's better than not voting at all and letting judges be retained indefinitely.
____________________________
Na Zdrowie
#124 Nov 05 2012 at 1:30 PM Rating: Excellent
Annoying Ass
ZAM Administrator
Avatar
*****
11,923 posts
Some of the questions on my ballot I thought about voting "Yes" for I am now reconsidering. For example, there are two amendments that involve housing tax breaks and veterans; one is for disabled veterans, the other is the for spouses of those killed in action. I had planned to vote yes on the tax breaks when it was pointed out to me that this is really more of a federal issue than a state one; the veterans involved wouldn't only be Floridian vets, and it's not really the place of the state to give benefits to "federal employees." Also, would this really help the most at-need veterans or widows; how many own a house in Florida? If they have the money to own a house, do they really need more of a tax break?

Now I'm not sure how to vote for these two amendments... opinions?
____________________________
Retired News Writer for the ZAM Network
WoW - Aureliano the Insane - level 90 Druid on Sen'Jin
Nanaoki - level 90 Mage on Sen'Jin
#125 Nov 05 2012 at 1:47 PM Rating: Excellent
Meat Popsicle
Avatar
*****
11,466 posts
Jophiel wrote:
My least favorite is the judge retention questions. Does anyone really have an intelligent reply to whether Stanley Wulpak should be retained as judge in the county's second district court? I mean, aside from Stanley's mom and maybe the guy whose speeding ticket wasn't dismissed by Wulpak even though he had a great excuse.

Edited, Nov 5th 2012 1:09pm by Jophiel


As a rule of thumb I'll google names of people I'm not so familiar with. A lot of folks have a website or something that tells a little about them, maybe even a blurb about why they dislike their opponent or something. In cases where there's nothing to go on I have no problem coming up with some arbitrary and unimportant reason to vote for one person over another.
____________________________
That monster in the mirror, he just might be you. -Grover
#126 Nov 05 2012 at 2:00 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
The Trib says to keep the top two and doesn't mention the third. But he apparently gave a guy a six month prison term for yawning in the courtroom while the judge was giving a verdict to the guy's cousin Smiley: dubious

Tricky, got an opinion on the IL Constitution question?
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#127 Nov 05 2012 at 3:00 PM Rating: Good
Tracer Bullet
*****
12,554 posts
Jophiel wrote:
Tricky, got an opinion on the IL Constitution question?

Yeah, I agree with you that there's no need for it to be an amendment. State pensions should probably be reevaluated, but maybe they should figure it out like an intelligent body of governance, rather than simply making them harder to increase? Are there any other types of legislation that require 3/5 majority Illinois?
____________________________
Na Zdrowie
#128 Nov 05 2012 at 7:10 PM Rating: Good
Encyclopedia
******
31,382 posts
Almalieque wrote:
Bijou wrote:
The only legal drugs on the market that have a reasonable chance at affecting nerve pain have the fun side effect (among others) of bloating one up into a land whale which leads to other fun stuff like diabetes, etc., so, no thanks. Other, more enlightened countries realized this some time ago. In Canada they have, for those suffering from MS and similar disorders a sublingual THC spray that provides the pain-killing benefit while minimizing the buzz. There's no reason the same can't happen here except the pharm com[panies fighting tooth and nail too keep canabiods away from the population lest they lose profits.


That's cool and all if the fight for legalizing marijuana was purely in the extreme cases where marijuana proved to be the best solution. We all know that isn't the case. If that were the case, then we wouldn't be having this discussion.


Pretty much this. My issue with the legalization of medical marijuana is that it really is just a means to bypass the issue. Let's not kid ourselves here, the primary reason for the issue in the first place has very very little to do with the medicinal properties of marijuana and a whole lot to do with people who like to smoke weed finding a loophole to obtain it legally. Medical marijuana dispensaries are a complete joke from a medical perspective.

I'd much rather we approach the issue honestly and make a good decision instead of lying to ourselves in order to avoid doing so.
____________________________
King Nobby wrote:
More words please
#129 Nov 05 2012 at 9:33 PM Rating: Excellent
Medicinal or not, Industrial or not, tax the hell out of it and let me buy it like I can beer. I don't drink beer, or really any alcohol, but I'm not against people wanting it...kindly give me the same respect.
____________________________
Things I sometimes play...

"What do you want to be when you grow up?"
"I want to be a unicorn!"
"Awww, why's that?"........
"So I can stab people with my face."
#130 Nov 05 2012 at 10:28 PM Rating: Good
Dyadem, pet mage of Jabober wrote:
Medicinal or not, Industrial or not, tax the hell out of it and let me buy it like I can beer. I don't drink beer, or really any alcohol, but I'm not against people wanting it...kindly give me the same respect.
What Joph said.
____________________________
gbaji wrote:
I'm smarter then you. I know how to think. I've been trained in critical thinking instead of blindly parroting what I've been told.

#131 Nov 05 2012 at 10:42 PM Rating: Decent
Lunatic
******
29,167 posts
I'd much rather we approach the issue honestly and make a good decision instead of lying to ourselves in order to avoid doing so.

Death panels hate honesty. Be careful!
____________________________
Disclaimer:

To make a long story short, I don't take any responsibility for anything I post here. It's not news, it's not truth, it's not serious. It's parody. It's satire. It's bitter. It's angsty. Your mother's a whore. You like to jack off dogs. That's right, you heard me. You like to grab that dog by the bone and rub it like a ski pole. Your dad? Gay. Your priest? Straight. @#%^ off and let me post. It's not true, it's all in good fun. Now go away.

#132 Nov 05 2012 at 10:46 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
******
29,809 posts
Don't you just hate it when you accidentally rate the thread started by an admin down when you drop a tape measure on your mouse and then have to secretly rate it back up again and hope said admin doesn't notice?
____________________________
Arch Duke Kaolian Drachensborn, lvl 95 Ranger, Unrest Server
Tech support forum | FAQ (Support) | Mobile Zam: http://m.zam.com (Premium only)
Forum Rules
#133 Nov 05 2012 at 11:45 PM Rating: Excellent
Smiley: lol
____________________________
01001001 00100000 01001100 01001001 01001011 01000101 00100000 01000011 01000001 01001011 01000101
You'll always be stupid, you'll just be stupid with more information in your brain
Forum FAQ
#134 Nov 06 2012 at 12:51 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
*****
11,135 posts
Dread Lörd Kaolian wrote:
Don't you just hate it when you accidentally rate the thread started by an admin down when you drop a tape measure on your mouse and then have to secretly rate it back up again and hope said admin doesn't notice?


What were you trying to do, measure the length of the thread?
____________________________
Shaowstrike (Retired - FFXI)
91PUP/BLM 86SMN/BST 76DRK
Cooking/Fishing 100


"We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary."
— James D. Nicoll
#135 Nov 06 2012 at 5:52 AM Rating: Excellent
Gurue
*****
16,278 posts
Friar Bijou wrote:
Dyadem, pet mage of Jabober wrote:
Medicinal or not, Industrial or not, tax the hell out of it and let me buy it like I can beer. I don't drink beer, or really any alcohol, but I'm not against people wanting it...kindly give me the same respect.
What Joph said.

#136 Nov 06 2012 at 7:53 AM Rating: Excellent
Annoying Ass
ZAM Administrator
Avatar
*****
11,923 posts
Dread Lörd Kaolian wrote:
Don't you just hate it when you accidentally rate the thread started by an admin down when you drop a tape measure on your mouse and then have to secretly rate it back up again and hope said admin doesn't notice?

Smiley: bah

Also, Smiley: laugh
Quote:
LockeColeMA: 5.00
LockeColeMA: 5.00
Kaolian: 1.00
Kaolian: 6.00
Kaolian: 6.00
Kaolian: 6.00
Kaolian: 6.00
Kaolian: 6.00
Kaolian: 6.00


Edited, Nov 6th 2012 8:54am by LockeColeMA
____________________________
Retired News Writer for the ZAM Network
WoW - Aureliano the Insane - level 90 Druid on Sen'Jin
Nanaoki - level 90 Mage on Sen'Jin
#137 Nov 06 2012 at 10:41 PM Rating: Good
Worst. Title. Ever!
*****
14,612 posts
Right now in Michigan it looks like all 6 ballot proposals are getting a resounding NO vote. like... 2/3rds NO.
____________________________
Can't sleep, clown will eat me.
#138 Nov 06 2012 at 11:51 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
******
29,809 posts
Shaowstrike the Shady wrote:


What were you trying to do, measure the length of the thread?


I'm actually in process or rebuilding my desk slightly. It needs new surface and a better side slide for the secondary keyboard tray (I like to be able to shove one keyboard off to one side for someone else to be able to use that computer if needed.) So I was measuring how far back and forth I need the side slide to be able to travel to determine which slide rails I can actually use when I managed to drop the tape and score a direct hit. Couldn't have aimed it better if I tried.
____________________________
Arch Duke Kaolian Drachensborn, lvl 95 Ranger, Unrest Server
Tech support forum | FAQ (Support) | Mobile Zam: http://m.zam.com (Premium only)
Forum Rules
#139 Nov 07 2012 at 6:45 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
***
2,833 posts
Jonwin and I are very proud Marylanders, for helping Pass Equal Right Marriage for Same Sex Couples in our part of the world, along with the State of Maine. We were able to do pass the law without having the courts involve.

____________________________
This Post is written in Elnese, If it was an actual Post, it would make sense.

"England needs, examples of people who, leaving Heaven to decide whether they are to rise in the world, decide for themselves that they will be happy in it, and have resolved to seek, not greater wealth, but simpler pleasures; not higher fortune, but deeper felicity; making the first of possessions self-possession, and honouring themselves in the harmless pride and calm pursuits of peace." - John Ruskin
#140 Nov 07 2012 at 7:17 AM Rating: Good
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
15,548 posts
ElneClare wrote:
Jonwin and I are very proud Marylanders, for helping Pass Equal Right Marriage for Same Sex Couples in our part of the world, along with the State of Maine. We were able to do pass the law without having the courts involve.


Likewise. I came in to work this morning and ran smack into a big old hug from one of my lesbe-friends. She was absolutely glowing.

i hear wedding bells Smiley: inlove

I've not checked nor heard - did Colorado pass the recreational dope law?
____________________________
Alma wrote:
Post and be happy!
#141 Nov 07 2012 at 7:46 AM Rating: Good
Quote:
I've not checked nor heard - did Colorado pass the recreational dope law?


Yup, but Oregon didn't. Mass legalized medical.
____________________________
"The Rich are there to take all of the money & pay none of the taxes, the middle class is there to do all the work and pay all the taxes, and the poor are there to scare the crap out of the middle class." -George Carlin


#142 Nov 07 2012 at 7:54 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
*****
11,883 posts
Omegavegeta wrote:
Quote:
I've not checked nor heard - did Colorado pass the recreational dope law?


Yup, but Oregon didn't. Mass legalized medical.


Unfortunately, our state was also just hit by a glaucoma epidemic, so it's not all good news.
____________________________
"Observe what happens when you force a man to change"
Just as Planned.
#143 Nov 07 2012 at 7:57 AM Rating: Good
tlw wrote:
Unfortunately, our state was also just hit by a glaucoma epidemic, so it's not all good news.


Chrone's runs in my family so...
____________________________
"The Rich are there to take all of the money & pay none of the taxes, the middle class is there to do all the work and pay all the taxes, and the poor are there to scare the crap out of the middle class." -George Carlin


#144 Nov 07 2012 at 8:45 AM Rating: Good
******
43,211 posts
Looks like if you want to make porn in LA you have to legally use a condom.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#145 Nov 07 2012 at 8:50 AM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
All this time I've been using them illegally.
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#146 Nov 07 2012 at 9:06 AM Rating: Good
******
43,211 posts
Let's just pretend that was grammatically correct and blame the lack of sufficient coffee intake.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#147 Nov 07 2012 at 10:20 AM Rating: Excellent
Annoying Ass
ZAM Administrator
Avatar
*****
11,923 posts
In FL news, almost all of the controversial amendments were voted down. The ones that passed were housing tax breaks for disabled veterans, the spouses of dead first responders, and old folks who have lived in FL and owned a house for 25+ years. Pretty pleased with the results, overall.
____________________________
Retired News Writer for the ZAM Network
WoW - Aureliano the Insane - level 90 Druid on Sen'Jin
Nanaoki - level 90 Mage on Sen'Jin
#148 Nov 07 2012 at 10:44 AM Rating: Good
Unforkgettable
*****
13,165 posts
RI passed table games at both slot parlors, but only the state-operated one in Lincoln got the town vote necessary to go ahead. Newport rejected theirs, despite both questions being approved state-wide by more than 65% each. All the bond questions passed.
____________________________
Banh
#149 Nov 07 2012 at 5:43 PM Rating: Good
Needs More Smut
Avatar
******
20,096 posts
The sh*tty charter school amendment won in GA.

Sometimes I hate my state's voters. I love my state itself - the trees, the mountains, even the beaches (a little) and I love the unique character of all the cities. I just can't stand their political bent.

Last night didn't matter because we went to the big Dem party at Georgia Theater and we among like minds.
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck. Once again a top bard on the server: Dardaubla 90 on 1/6/2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest on Lamia - Member of The Swarm and the League of Extraordinary Crafters
#150 Nov 07 2012 at 9:02 PM Rating: Default
Avatar
****
8,912 posts
I heard that on the radio. Since I'm just here for a few months, care to explain? I couldn't grasp it, but it sounded stupid.
____________________________
Demea wrote:
Almalieque wrote:

I'm biased against statistics
#151 Nov 07 2012 at 11:38 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
2,503 posts
catwho wrote:
The sh*tty charter school amendment won in GA.

Sometimes I hate my state's voters. I love my state itself - the trees, the mountains, even the beaches (a little) and I love the unique character of all the cities. I just can't stand their political bent.

Last night didn't matter because we went to the big Dem party at Georgia Theater and we among like minds.


ZOMG, I am in Atlanta right now, for work, where do you do your scribblin's?
____________________________
Dandruffshampoo wrote:
Curses, beaten by Professor stupidopo-opo.
Annabella, Goblin in Disguise wrote:
Stupidmonkey is more organized than a bag of raccoons.
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 56 All times are in CDT
Bijou, Kavekk, Mazra, Anonymous Guests (53)