Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

Final Stretch Election ThreadFollow

#77 Oct 31 2012 at 10:58 AM Rating: Good
******
49,744 posts
Jophiel wrote:
7Speaking of veeps, I like how Ryan -- who was supposed to be a game changer according to both sides -- has been relegated to cash farming in Texas and Alabama in these final weeks.
Guess there were no clean dishes for him to wash.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#78 Oct 31 2012 at 11:00 AM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
Totem wrote:
I tally that up to the Republicans trying to gin up enthusiasm for the Romnry ticket

In danger of losing Alabama, no doubt.
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#79 Oct 31 2012 at 11:09 AM Rating: Excellent
Sacrificial Lamb
*****
16,160 posts
Just like Plagerizin' Joe Biden has been put on a short leash too. No need to endanger what is already a close election, right?

Totem
____________________________
Born-on date: 2076

Zombo.com

Obama

Winner of Last(tm) VIII!

Winner of the 2008 Allakhazam March Madness tourny

"Totem is the personification of whiskey soaked evil" --Annabelle

"You're special, pumpkin, but not speshuler than the 'Bama Black Snake" --AtomicFlea
#80 Oct 31 2012 at 11:11 AM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
Biden's been cruisin' Ohio, Wisconsin and now Florida. Do you get your news from the Gbaji Memo or something?

Edited, Oct 31st 2012 12:12pm by Jophiel
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#81 Oct 31 2012 at 11:34 AM Rating: Good
Sacrificial Lamb
*****
16,160 posts
Well, news arrives by camel after being hunted down by Predator drones out here, so yeah, it gets a bit stale and moldy by the time I read it. Can't be helped unfortunately.

Totem
____________________________
Born-on date: 2076

Zombo.com

Obama

Winner of Last(tm) VIII!

Winner of the 2008 Allakhazam March Madness tourny

"Totem is the personification of whiskey soaked evil" --Annabelle

"You're special, pumpkin, but not speshuler than the 'Bama Black Snake" --AtomicFlea
#82 Oct 31 2012 at 11:38 AM Rating: Good
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
16,594 posts
Totem wrote:
Well, news arrives by camel after being hunted down by Predator drones out here, so yeah, it gets a bit stale and moldy by the time I read it. Can't be helped unfortunately.

Totem

How hard can it be to take out a camel with a remote controlled drone?

Will you be replaced by a robot anytime soon?
____________________________
Alma wrote:
I lost my post
#83 Oct 31 2012 at 11:38 AM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
This explains your perception of Ohio Smiley: grin
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#84 Oct 31 2012 at 11:54 AM Rating: Good
Sacrificial Lamb
*****
16,160 posts
Actually, Jo, I already have been. I'm involved in the K-MAX project over here. All robotics and no peoples.

Totem
____________________________
Born-on date: 2076

Zombo.com

Obama

Winner of Last(tm) VIII!

Winner of the 2008 Allakhazam March Madness tourny

"Totem is the personification of whiskey soaked evil" --Annabelle

"You're special, pumpkin, but not speshuler than the 'Bama Black Snake" --AtomicFlea
#85 Oct 31 2012 at 12:01 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
I think you meant Elinda.
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#86 Oct 31 2012 at 12:21 PM Rating: Good
******
49,744 posts
The camel hasn't delivered that information yet.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#87 Oct 31 2012 at 1:35 PM Rating: Good
I predict Romney narrowly wins the popular vote, but loses the electoral by 30 or more. If I lose, you can change my avatar to whatever. If I win, you buy premium & the same.

If you want a side bet, Obama takes Ohio.

Also, this:





Edited, Oct 31st 2012 4:04pm by Omegavegeta
____________________________
"The Rich are there to take all of the money & pay none of the taxes, the middle class is there to do all the work and pay all the taxes, and the poor are there to scare the crap out of the middle class." -George Carlin


#88 Oct 31 2012 at 2:17 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
Probably a Jill Stein voter.
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#89 Oct 31 2012 at 2:30 PM Rating: Decent
Prodigal Son
******
20,518 posts
Elinda wrote:
Barry had to take some time out from campaigning to become temporary emergency responder. Barring the inability of folks to get to the polls next week do you think this well-timed super storm will be helpful, harmful or neutral to Obama's bid for re-election?

He already received gushing praise from The Governor That Ate New Jersey. You know, the keynote speaker at the RNC?
____________________________
publiusvarus wrote:
we all know liberals are well adjusted american citizens who only want what's best for society. While conservatives are evil money grubbing scum who only want to sh*t on the little man and rob the world of its resources.
#90 Oct 31 2012 at 3:06 PM Rating: Good
******
27,272 posts
Debalic wrote:
Elinda wrote:
Barry had to take some time out from campaigning to become temporary emergency responder. Barring the inability of folks to get to the polls next week do you think this well-timed super storm will be helpful, harmful or neutral to Obama's bid for re-election?

He already received gushing praise from The Governor That Ate New Jersey. You know, the keynote speaker at the RNC?
Meanwhile Mitt & company are collecting canned food and blankets for the Red Cross who don't want them.

Edited, Oct 31st 2012 11:12pm by Aethien
____________________________
Theophany wrote:
YOU'RE AN ELITIST @#%^ AETHIEN, NO WONDER YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS AND PEOPLE HATE YOU.
someproteinguy wrote:
Aethien you take more terrible pictures than a Japanese tourist.
Astarin wrote:
One day, Maz, you'll learn not to click on anything Aeth links.
#91 Oct 31 2012 at 3:15 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Debalic wrote:
Elinda wrote:
Barry had to take some time out from campaigning to become temporary emergency responder. Barring the inability of folks to get to the polls next week do you think this well-timed super storm will be helpful, harmful or neutral to Obama's bid for re-election?

He already received gushing praise from The Governor That Ate New Jersey. You know, the keynote speaker at the RNC?
Meanwhile Mitt & company are collecting purchasing canned food and blankets for the Red Cross who don't want them.

____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#92 Oct 31 2012 at 3:28 PM Rating: Excellent
I love the cynicism present in that.
____________________________
01001001 00100000 01001100 01001001 01001011 01000101 00100000 01000011 01000001 01001011 01000101
You'll always be stupid, you'll just be stupid with more information in your brain
Forum FAQ
#93 Oct 31 2012 at 3:44 PM Rating: Good
******
49,744 posts
Sir Xsarus wrote:
I love the cynicism present in that.
It's pretty idiotic for either candidate and their handlers to think that anything they do is going to not be seen as political during an election. As for myself, I'm certain they wouldn't even be doing anything if they weren't trying to buy some face time and brownie points so at least some people who are in a bind are benefiting from it.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#94 Oct 31 2012 at 3:44 PM Rating: Good
******
27,272 posts
It would've looked a lot better if they'd just donated the $5000 to the Red Cross and asked for monetary donations to the Red Cross instead of this complex way of making themselves look bad. Add a message along the lines of "Sorry there's no victory rally, we're here for the Red Cross and the people affected by Sandy today" to wrap it up and it'd be fine.
____________________________
Theophany wrote:
YOU'RE AN ELITIST @#%^ AETHIEN, NO WONDER YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS AND PEOPLE HATE YOU.
someproteinguy wrote:
Aethien you take more terrible pictures than a Japanese tourist.
Astarin wrote:
One day, Maz, you'll learn not to click on anything Aeth links.
#95 Oct 31 2012 at 3:53 PM Rating: Excellent
Meat Popsicle
*****
13,369 posts
lolgaxe wrote:
I'm certain they wouldn't even be doing anything if they weren't trying to buy some face time and brownie points so at least some people who are in a bind are benefiting from it.


Something like that. Operating under the assumption that just about everything dealing with a politician is staged, so at least 5k worth of stuff went to the Red Cross for this one. If they don't need it now, I'm sure they'll find use for it in the future.

I'm just glad I didn't want to buy diapers from that Walmart later in the day. Worse than an extreme couponer I tell ya... Smiley: disappointed
____________________________
That monster in the mirror, he just might be you. -Grover
#96 Oct 31 2012 at 3:59 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
At this point in the campaign, it'd be nice to hear either side hold a rally or whatever and say "You know what, we don't need any more of your cash. We've already raised a billion dollars this cycle. Why don't you give that right to the Red Cross [or some other reputable charity]?"
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#97 Oct 31 2012 at 5:34 PM Rating: Good
******
27,272 posts
someproteinguy wrote:
Something like that. Operating under the assumption that just about everything dealing with a politician is staged, so at least 5k worth of stuff went to the Red Cross for this one. If they don't need it now, I'm sure they'll find use for it in the future.
Actually, no. Red Cross doesn't accept physical donations since they're too costly and impractical to move around and much less flexible than money.
____________________________
Theophany wrote:
YOU'RE AN ELITIST @#%^ AETHIEN, NO WONDER YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS AND PEOPLE HATE YOU.
someproteinguy wrote:
Aethien you take more terrible pictures than a Japanese tourist.
Astarin wrote:
One day, Maz, you'll learn not to click on anything Aeth links.
#98 Oct 31 2012 at 6:05 PM Rating: Decent
@#%^ing DRK
*****
13,139 posts
Debalic wrote:
Elinda wrote:
Barry had to take some time out from campaigning to become temporary emergency responder. Barring the inability of folks to get to the polls next week do you think this well-timed super storm will be helpful, harmful or neutral to Obama's bid for re-election?

He already received gushing praise from The Governor That Ate New Jersey. You know, the keynote speaker at the RNC?


Two words: Cabinet position.
#99 Oct 31 2012 at 6:05 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
Nate Silver wrote:
7 polls released in Ohio in past 48 hours: Obama +2, Obama +3, Obama +3, Obama +3, Obama +5, Obama +5, Obama +5. #notthatcomplicated
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#100 Oct 31 2012 at 6:07 PM Rating: Excellent
******
49,744 posts
Jophiel wrote:
Nate Silver wrote:
7 polls released in Ohio in past 48 hours: Oversample +4, Oversample +5, Oversample +5, Oversample +5, Oversample +7, Oversample +7, Oversample +7. #notthatcomplicated
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#101 Oct 31 2012 at 6:21 PM Rating: Good
@#%^ing DRK
*****
13,139 posts
lolgaxe wrote:
Jophiel wrote:
a man of very small stature, a thin and effeminate man with a soft-sounding voice wrote:
7 polls released in Ohio in past 48 hours: Oversample +4, Oversample +5, Oversample +5, Oversample +5, Oversample +7, Oversample +7, Oversample +7. #notthatcomplicated
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 115 All times are in CDT
Anonymous Guests (115)