Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

GOP candidate: "God Intended" Pregnancies from RapeFollow

#152 Oct 27 2012 at 2:56 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
Almalieque wrote:
I did answer you.

No you didn't but that's fine. Your extended answer is nonsensical. I don't believe there's enough evidence to justify believing in unicorns but I don't say I have "no opinion" on the topic nor is it my job to prove that there's no unicorns (a logical impossibility).

A significant racial bias in the 2008 voting results is a unicorn.
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#153 Oct 27 2012 at 3:09 PM Rating: Good
I find it funny that in the midst of this "argument" you two are having about race influencing the 08' election, Mitt is currently polling a 0% amongst blacks.

At the same time, apparently the Republican party is full of racists, according to a Republican.
____________________________
"The Rich are there to take all of the money & pay none of the taxes, the middle class is there to do all the work and pay all the taxes, and the poor are there to scare the crap out of the middle class." -George Carlin


#154 Oct 27 2012 at 3:16 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
Most trackers don't include race cross tabs (that I've seen or can access). Monmouth University's has Romney getting 6% of the black vote. CBS News had him at 2%.

I don't doubt that there's racists in both parties. But a Republican anti-black racist probably wasn't going to vote for Hillary Clinton, John Kerry, Joe Biden, Al Gore, John Edwards or any other Democrat. Their racism wasn't a deciding factor on the election.

Edited, Oct 27th 2012 4:19pm by Jophiel
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#155 Oct 27 2012 at 3:19 PM Rating: Default
Avatar
****
8,972 posts
Jophiel wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
I did answer you.

No you didn't but that's fine. Your extended answer is nonsensical. I don't believe there's enough evidence to justify believing in unicorns but I don't say I have "no opinion" on the topic nor is it my job to prove that there's no unicorns (a logical impossibility).

A significant racial bias in the 2008 voting results is a unicorn.


I answered your question. If your answer is "no", then explain why. If your answer is "there isn't enough evidence one way or the other", then there isn't enough evidence. Your answer "why" can't be "there's not enough evidence one way or the other" because that contradicts the yes/no answer. It can't be both.

You say that you don't believe in unicorns, but subconsciously you have reasons on why you don't believe in unicorns. It isn't simply because " there isn't enough evidence one way or the other", that goes against the principle of science. We take what we do know (which is the known) as a basis on the belief on of the existence of something. There might not be any bona-fide evidence one way or the other on global warming, but we are able to examine what we do know to make a logical belief.

People don't believe in life of any form on other planets due to the lack of an atmosphere. Find some water on Mars, now people start to believe that it may be possible to have life on Mars.

There isn't anything to lead anyone to believe that unicorns exist. There are plenty of voters who vote on dumb reasons, people who wanted to see the first black president in office, people who who wanted to be "part of history", etc. to create grounds on the belief of the plausibility of whether or not if there existed enough people who voted for President Obama for those reasons to have had shifted the Democratic primaries from Hilary to Obama.

Your only counter would be that those people don't exist, because if they do exist, how do you know that it wasn't enough, given the closeness of the race? Which brings us back to how it can't be both.

Edited, Oct 27th 2012 11:20pm by Almalieque

Edited, Oct 27th 2012 11:21pm by Almalieque
____________________________
Demea wrote:
Almalieque wrote:

I'm biased against statistics
#156 Oct 27 2012 at 3:26 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
I already said why. The available stats on who voted don't show enough change from previous elections to support the idea of a significant shift due to race. If someone wanted to point out how they do, that's something I'd listen to. So far no one has so, in the absence of any evidence, I don't find the idea supportable.

There really isn't any way to simplify that further so, assuming you don't come back with some evidence to the contrary, I'll just let you babble unimpeded.
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#157 Oct 27 2012 at 3:46 PM Rating: Default
Avatar
****
8,972 posts
Jophiel wrote:
I already said why. The available stats on who voted don't show enough change from previous elections to support the idea of a significant shift due to race. If someone wanted to point out how they do, that's something I'd listen to. So far no one has so, in the absence of any evidence, I don't find the idea supportable.

There really isn't any way to simplify that further so, assuming you don't come back with some evidence to the contrary, I'll just let you babble unimpeded.


Your stats were of African American voters voting for Democrats. Given that I'm talking about the 2008 Democrat primaries, what does that prove, that black people vote? That doesn't address the other 86% of the population nor does it even address the issue. Black Americans have always traditionally voted for democrats, how does that negate that a Black American (or anyone for that matter) did or did not vote for Obama over Hillary for that reason, given that they are both Democrats? It doesn't and there is no poll to demonstrate that.

So basically you just made a claim that is different but conceptually the same. You have no proof and you can't prove it because it isn't provable; however, based on what you know, you have developed an opinion on the matter. It just so happens that our opinions differ.
____________________________
Demea wrote:
Almalieque wrote:

I'm biased against statistics
#158 Oct 27 2012 at 4:39 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
If you feel there's evidence in the 2008 primary results, you should share it.

Edited, Oct 27th 2012 5:41pm by Jophiel
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#159 Oct 27 2012 at 5:12 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
***
2,848 posts
Jophiel wrote:
If you feel there's evidence in the 2008 primary results, you should share it.

Edited, Oct 27th 2012 5:41pm by Jophiel


I be surprised if he was able to come up with any statistics.

Gut feelings do not count as facts, Alma.
____________________________
This Post is written in Elnese, If it was an actual Post, it would make sense.

"England needs, examples of people who, leaving Heaven to decide whether they are to rise in the world, decide for themselves that they will be happy in it, and have resolved to seek, not greater wealth, but simpler pleasures; not higher fortune, but deeper felicity; making the first of possessions self-possession, and honouring themselves in the harmless pride and calm pursuits of peace." - John Ruskin
#160 Oct 27 2012 at 5:20 PM Rating: Default
Avatar
****
8,972 posts
Jophiel wrote:
If you feel there's evidence in the 2008 primary results, you should share it.

Edited, Oct 27th 2012 5:41pm by Jophiel

Almalieque wrote:
So basically you just made a claim that is different but conceptually the same. You have no proof and you can't prove it because it isn't provable; however, based on what you know, you have developed an opinion on the matter. It just so happens that our opinions differ.


____________________________
Demea wrote:
Almalieque wrote:

I'm biased against statistics
#161 Oct 27 2012 at 5:48 PM Rating: Excellent
@#%^ing DRK
*****
13,137 posts
By Alma's logic, when he's wrong and realizes it, he latches onto some statement or phase that he perceives as inaccurate, incorrect, or false and argues how you are wrong. It's almost as if by him showing proof to himself in his mind that if someone else is wrong with him and he proves that they are wrong, that somehow makes him right and he wins. This most recent post by him is his finale showing him triumphant in his mind. It's very disturbing.
#162Almalieque, Posted: Oct 27 2012 at 5:55 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Or that I'm not wrong and "you're" doing the same thing. Therefore by you saying that I'm wrong, then you are also wrong, which makes you look silly for barbing me for something that you're actively doing. But, go ahead and take the dumbest interpretation. It speaks volumes of your intelligence.
#163 Oct 27 2012 at 6:25 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
***
2,848 posts
Almalieque wrote:
Or that I'm not wrong and "you're" doing the same thing. Therefore by you saying that I'm wrong, then you are also wrong, which makes you look silly for barbing me for something that you're actively doing. But, go ahead and take the dumbest interpretation. It speaks volumes of your intelligence.

Edited, Oct 28th 2012 1:58am by Almalieque


Paskil nails it.
____________________________
This Post is written in Elnese, If it was an actual Post, it would make sense.

"England needs, examples of people who, leaving Heaven to decide whether they are to rise in the world, decide for themselves that they will be happy in it, and have resolved to seek, not greater wealth, but simpler pleasures; not higher fortune, but deeper felicity; making the first of possessions self-possession, and honouring themselves in the harmless pride and calm pursuits of peace." - John Ruskin
#164 Oct 27 2012 at 8:43 PM Rating: Excellent
Alma's wrong & everyone but him realizes it.

Par for the course, really.
____________________________
"The Rich are there to take all of the money & pay none of the taxes, the middle class is there to do all the work and pay all the taxes, and the poor are there to scare the crap out of the middle class." -George Carlin


#165 Oct 27 2012 at 9:02 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
****
7,465 posts
Alma wrote:
Or that I'm not wrong and "you're" doing the same thing. Therefore by you saying that I'm wrong, then you are also wrong, which makes you look silly for barbing me for something that you're actively doing. But, go ahead and take the dumbest interpretation. It speaks volumes of your intelligence.

Edited, Oct 28th 2012 1:58am by Almalieque


I want some of what this guy is smoking,
____________________________
HEY GOOGLE. **** OFF YOU. **** YOUR **** SEARCH ENGINE IN ITS **** **** BINARY ****. ALL DAY LONG.

#166 Oct 27 2012 at 9:10 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
I don't. I assume it's full of brain-eating beetle eggs or something.
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#167 Oct 27 2012 at 10:04 PM Rating: Good
@#%^ing DRK
*****
13,137 posts
#168 Oct 27 2012 at 10:09 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
*****
11,253 posts


Quote:
At press time, God’s son, Jesus Christ, offered a countering view and confirmed He strongly believes pregnancies resulting from rape are, in fact, God’s gift.


Smiley: laughSmiley: laughSmiley: laugh
____________________________
Shaowstrike (Retired - FFXI)
91PUP/BLM 86SMN/BST 76DRK
Cooking/Fishing 100


"We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary."
— James D. Nicoll
#169Almalieque, Posted: Oct 28 2012 at 6:44 AM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) I'm still waiting for you to differentiate between "I don't think any of those factors singularly had a significant impact on the election." and "I think those factors had a significant impact on the election".
#170 Oct 28 2012 at 7:14 AM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
That's nice. I'm pretty sure I've crossed the threshold for everyone except you so I'm okay with that. Rather than another twenty posts of you saying I never did this or that, you go ahead and feel like the winner.
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#171Almalieque, Posted: Oct 28 2012 at 7:31 AM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) So, instead you will spend another twenty posts saying how you wont continue talking about it. Gotcha!
#172 Oct 28 2012 at 7:47 AM Rating: Good
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
15,900 posts
Almalieque wrote:
Jophiel wrote:
That's nice. I'm pretty sure I've crossed the threshold for everyone except you so I'm okay with that. Rather than another twenty posts of you saying I never did this or that, you go ahead and feel like the winner.


So, instead you will spend another twenty posts saying how you wont continue talking about it. Gotcha!

It's sad that people have to have "support" from others on this thread. There is no "everyone" which people speak of, unless you're speaking of the 3 or so people that I'm interacting with. That's grammatically correct, but quite misleading on an online forum where there's much more people lurking.

You're simply playing on the stupidity of the rest (not all) of the forum. You, I and a select lurkers all know that you never differentiated anything, simply talked in circles. You went from, "insufficient evidence to make a claim" to actually making a claim back to "insufficient evidence to make a claim". Either there's insufficient evidence to make a claim or there's sufficient evidence to make a claim. You can't say that there isn't, then make a claim yourself and then somehow pretend that its any different than my claim.

But continue not talking with me for twenty posts.
I vote "Mockingbird" for Alma's 10K title.


____________________________
Alma wrote:
Post and be happy!
#173 Oct 28 2012 at 7:52 AM Rating: Good
Supreme Lionator
*****
14,174 posts
Quote:
So, instead you will spend another twenty posts saying how you wont continue talking about it. Gotcha!


Zing!

Bif!

Clonk!
____________________________
“Socialism never took root in America because the poor see themselves not as an exploited proletariat but as temporarily embarrassed millionaires.”
#174 Oct 28 2012 at 8:10 AM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
Almalieque wrote:
But continue not talking with me for twenty posts.

Smiley: thumbsup
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#175 Oct 28 2012 at 8:11 AM Rating: Default
Avatar
****
8,972 posts
Jophiel wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
But continue not talking with me for twenty posts.

Smiley: thumbsup


Smiley: nod
____________________________
Demea wrote:
Almalieque wrote:

I'm biased against statistics
#176 Oct 28 2012 at 4:28 PM Rating: Excellent
Screenshot
.
____________________________
"The Rich are there to take all of the money & pay none of the taxes, the middle class is there to do all the work and pay all the taxes, and the poor are there to scare the crap out of the middle class." -George Carlin


#177 Oct 28 2012 at 8:26 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
2,560 posts
Professor stupidmonkey wrote:


HAHA YOUR DUMB!

____________________________
Dandruffshampoo wrote:
Curses, beaten by Professor stupidopo-opo.
Annabella, Goblin in Disguise wrote:
Stupidmonkey is more organized than a bag of raccoons.
#178 Oct 29 2012 at 7:36 AM Rating: Good
******
43,650 posts
Screenshot
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#179 Oct 29 2012 at 8:42 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
***
2,560 posts
lolgaxe wrote:
Screenshot

ZOMG I WANT ONE!!!!
____________________________
Dandruffshampoo wrote:
Curses, beaten by Professor stupidopo-opo.
Annabella, Goblin in Disguise wrote:
Stupidmonkey is more organized than a bag of raccoons.
#180 Oct 29 2012 at 9:08 AM Rating: Excellent
Meat Popsicle
*****
11,753 posts
It's not a proper argument until your arguing over whether or not you're having a argument.

Gemme monkey too.
____________________________
That monster in the mirror, he just might be you. -Grover
#181 Oct 29 2012 at 10:30 AM Rating: Good
Unforkgettable
*****
13,246 posts
I'M NOT YELLING, I'M JUST TALKING AT A RAISED VOLUME.
____________________________
Banh
#182 Oct 29 2012 at 11:07 AM Rating: Good
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
15,900 posts
Spoonless wrote:
I'M NOT YELLING, I'M JUST TALKING AT A RAISED VOLUME.
No. This is talking loudly. THIS IS YELLING.
____________________________
Alma wrote:
Post and be happy!
#183 Oct 29 2012 at 11:22 AM Rating: Excellent
Meat Popsicle
*****
11,753 posts
THIS IS MY NORMAL VOICE.
____________________________
That monster in the mirror, he just might be you. -Grover
#184 Oct 29 2012 at 11:34 AM Rating: Decent
******
21,717 posts
someproteinguy wrote:
THIS IS MY NORMAL VOICE.


I ThOuGhT ThIs wAs yOuR NoRmAl vOiCe?
____________________________
R.I.P. Jessica M. 5/3/2010
This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.
gbaji wrote:
You guys keep tossing facts out there like they mean something.


#185 Oct 29 2012 at 11:38 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
2,560 posts
Spoonless wrote:
I'M NOT YELLING, I'M JUST TALKING AT A RAISED VOLUME.


I AM NOT YELLING, I HAVE A SPEECH IMPEDIMENT! Smiley: mad
____________________________
Dandruffshampoo wrote:
Curses, beaten by Professor stupidopo-opo.
Annabella, Goblin in Disguise wrote:
Stupidmonkey is more organized than a bag of raccoons.
#186 Oct 29 2012 at 11:38 AM Rating: Excellent
Meat Popsicle
*****
11,753 posts
BrownDuck wrote:
someproteinguy wrote:
THIS IS MY NORMAL VOICE.


I ThOuGhT ThIs wAs yOuR NoRmAl vOiCe?


NO, BUT THIS IS YOUR NORMAL VOICE.
____________________________
That monster in the mirror, he just might be you. -Grover
#187 Oct 29 2012 at 11:46 AM Rating: Excellent
******
43,650 posts
tHE maStER wOUld Not aPpRovE.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#188 Oct 29 2012 at 12:20 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
*****
11,253 posts
Professor stupidmonkey wrote:
Spoonless wrote:
I'M NOT YELLING, I'M JUST TALKING AT A RAISED VOLUME.


Screenshot


I AM NOT YELLING, I HAVE A SPEECH IMPEDIMENT! Smiley: mad


I attempted to do this 60 minutes ago, but my power went out. Smiley: frown
____________________________
Shaowstrike (Retired - FFXI)
91PUP/BLM 86SMN/BST 76DRK
Cooking/Fishing 100


"We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary."
— James D. Nicoll
#189Almalieque, Posted: Oct 29 2012 at 3:44 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) I guess you're still trying to figure it out..
#190 Oct 29 2012 at 4:34 PM Rating: Decent
Encyclopedia
******
31,593 posts
idiggory, King of Bards wrote:
You made an assumption that it's acceptable for women not to have statistical representation by women because it's not important for other groups to have statistical representation.

That's not an argument, it's just stupid.


You're correct. That is stupid. Good thing that's not remotely what I actually said. I said that the fact that there is not a statistical representation of women in congress does not remove the right (authority really) of congress to pass laws that relate specifically to issues women care about (like abortion and contraception). Do you really have a problem with that?

The irony is that this is the exact argument Joph made earlier in the thread. All I did was agree with him, and you jumped in to disagree with me. You really ought to check your own contrariness sometime.
____________________________
King Nobby wrote:
More words please
#191 Oct 29 2012 at 4:40 PM Rating: Default
Avatar
****
8,972 posts
Gbaji wrote:
The irony is that this is the exact argument Joph made earlier in the thread. All I did was agree with him, and you jumped in to disagree with me. You really ought to check your own contrariness sometime.


That's how they roll here. It's quite hilarious!
____________________________
Demea wrote:
Almalieque wrote:

I'm biased against statistics
#192 Oct 29 2012 at 4:54 PM Rating: Good
*****
19,797 posts
You DO realize I was arguing with Joph, right?

Moron.
____________________________
IDrownFish wrote:
Anyways, you all are horrible, @#%^ed up people

lolgaxe wrote:
Never underestimate the healing power of a massive dong.
#193 Oct 29 2012 at 5:01 PM Rating: Default
Encyclopedia
******
31,593 posts
idiggory, King of Bards wrote:
You DO realize I was arguing with Joph, right?


To argue, you kinda have to have an argument. A position is not an argument btw.
____________________________
King Nobby wrote:
More words please
#194 Oct 29 2012 at 5:21 PM Rating: Excellent
******
43,650 posts
gbaji wrote:
To argue, you kinda have to have an argument.
Sounds like a double standard, since it never really stops you.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#195 Oct 29 2012 at 5:23 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
****
8,972 posts
Burn
____________________________
Demea wrote:
Almalieque wrote:

I'm biased against statistics
#196 Oct 29 2012 at 5:28 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
idiggory, King of Bards wrote:
You DO realize I was arguing with Joph, right?

I thought we were flirting. Should I have not sent you a picture of my wiener?
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#197 Oct 29 2012 at 7:01 PM Rating: Default
Encyclopedia
******
31,593 posts
lolgaxe wrote:
gbaji wrote:
To argue, you kinda have to have an argument.
Sounds like a double standard, since it never really stops you.


No. I always have an argument. You may not agree with it, but I always attempt to present at least some form of valid argument to support my position. Others frequently just repeat their position over and over and think that's an argument. They never even try to present an actual argument. And this makes the Argument Fairy sad. Smiley: frown
____________________________
King Nobby wrote:
More words please
#198 Oct 30 2012 at 12:45 AM Rating: Good
It is my position that Alma is a closet homosexual. As evidence, I'd like to present every post of his ever.

The onus is now on him to refute it.
____________________________
"The Rich are there to take all of the money & pay none of the taxes, the middle class is there to do all the work and pay all the taxes, and the poor are there to scare the crap out of the middle class." -George Carlin


#199 Oct 30 2012 at 7:06 AM Rating: Good
Unforkgettable
*****
13,246 posts
He has "No ****" shorts. Ergo, he can't be ****, at least as long as he's wearing them.
____________________________
Banh
#200 Oct 30 2012 at 7:28 AM Rating: Good
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
15,900 posts
Almalieque wrote:
Gbaji wrote:
The irony is that this is the exact argument Joph made earlier in the thread. All I did was agree with him, and you jumped in to disagree with me. You really ought to check your own contrariness sometime.


That's how they roll here. It's quite hilarious!

Tootsies roll. Assylumites sashay.





Edited, Oct 30th 2012 3:28pm by Elinda
____________________________
Alma wrote:
Post and be happy!
#201 Oct 30 2012 at 7:30 AM Rating: Good
******
43,650 posts
gbaji wrote:
No. I always have an argument.
If you repeat it enough you might convince yourself.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 38 All times are in CDT
Elinda, ElneClare, LordMagius, Samira, Anonymous Guests (34)