As an aside, unless you really know what you're doing, your shouldn't be eating wild mushrooms. The really tasty ones and the really deadly ones can look very similar.
That thing? Not an amanita.
Yeah, there are no poisonous shrooms that would get confused with the Maitake. But, still wild mushrooms have all sorts of odd stuffs in them, and even non-poisonous ones can cause negative reactions in some people. You just need to try them out slow.
Also, I had just gone to a mushroom class a couple weeks ago. This was one of the 'sample' mushrooms the teach had just found and brought in to show us. Further, one of my coworkers is good friends with the head chef at a local dinner restaurant. The chef ID'd it. He also offered to buy it from me.
When I say "Red light" stop, when I say "Green light" go.