Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

NY Soda ProhibitionFollow

#52 Sep 14 2012 at 11:01 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
*****
11,699 posts
lolgaxe wrote:
Dyadem, pet mage of Jabober wrote:
I eat fatty foods, and don't exercise as often as I should (bulking up that is)... so me or anyone in this situation would be GREATLY affected by this type of law.
How, by making you get up and get/ask for a refill a little sooner? You're getting a smaller cup, and you're not going to lose all your intake progress by getting up twice instead of once. The only real place this is going to affect anyone is in theaters.


Because it increases the cost of packaged beverages with minimal gain to the consumer.
____________________________
What if the bird will not sing?
Nobunaga answers, "Kill it!"
Hideyoshi answers, "Make it want to sing."
Ieyasu answers, "Wait."
Timelordwho answers "Just as Planned."
#53 Sep 14 2012 at 11:01 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
****
7,426 posts
Its called pop.
____________________________
HEY GOOGLE. @#%^ OFF YOU. @#%^ YOUR BULLsh*t SEARCH ENGINE IN ITS @#%^ING sh*tTY BINARY ASS. ALL DAY LONG.

#54 Sep 14 2012 at 11:07 AM Rating: Excellent
Tracer Bullet
*****
12,528 posts

I felt they should have just taxed it instead.



____________________________
Na Zdrowie
#55 Sep 14 2012 at 11:12 AM Rating: Excellent
******
41,245 posts
Timelordwho wrote:
lolgaxe wrote:
Dyadem, pet mage of Jabober wrote:
I eat fatty foods, and don't exercise as often as I should (bulking up that is)... so me or anyone in this situation would be GREATLY affected by this type of law.
How, by making you get up and get/ask for a refill a little sooner? You're getting a smaller cup, and you're not going to lose all your intake progress by getting up twice instead of once. The only real place this is going to affect anyone is in theaters.
Because it increases the cost of packaged beverages with minimal gain to the consumer.
Places this ban is affecting don't really offer packaged drinks, and even if somehow the less than a cent per drink at McDonalds increases the costs of liter bottles at 7-11 it still won't really "greatly" affect anyone.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#56 Sep 14 2012 at 11:16 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
***
2,772 posts
Nadenu wrote:
I'm usually against these types of laws, but now I've become kind of "meh" about it. We've all shown that we don't know how to act, so government has to step in sometimes and do it for us. Yes, freedom, personal responsibility, liberty, blah, blah, all that too. But Smash said what I was thinking. If they could tell me I can't smoke in a restaurant anymore and I have to wear a seat belt, then they can tell the rabid soda drinkers out there that they need to slow it down.


This^

I have met too many people who have no idea the harm they are doing to their health with their current diets and really don't care to listen to the Constant barrage of information that the Media throws at them. Then they are normally the same people who were never given a healthy meal growing up too. Their taste beds have been train to like all the prepackage food that their overwork mothers brought, because the ads said that they could serve their hungry rug rats in less then 30 minutes.
____________________________
This Post is written in Elnese, If it was an actual Post, it would make sense.

"England needs, examples of people who, leaving Heaven to decide whether they are to rise in the world, decide for themselves that they will be happy in it, and have resolved to seek, not greater wealth, but simpler pleasures; not higher fortune, but deeper felicity; making the first of possessions self-possession, and honouring themselves in the harmless pride and calm pursuits of peace." - John Ruskin
#57 Sep 14 2012 at 11:25 AM Rating: Good
****
6,470 posts
ElneClare wrote:
Their taste beds have been train to like all the prepackage food that their overwork mothers brought, because the ads said that they could serve their hungry rug rats in less then 30 minutes.


I'll train you in my taste bed. I'll even serve your hungry rug.

Edited, Sep 14th 2012 1:26pm by Eske
____________________________
Latest Articles:
Monaco: What's Yours is Mine Review

Follow me on Twitter!
#58 Sep 14 2012 at 11:36 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
*****
11,699 posts
Are these people so dumb that the only way to prevent them from wrapping hamlike fists around yet another 44oz soda is to via legislative portion control, which forces them to heave and wheezes as they raise thier tired, bloated, frame to the counter to beg for another serving of soda. I assume these misshapen masses will be so dissuaded by the fear of extraneous excercise that they will cease their struggle for liquid and choke down their triple stacked burgers dry, resting their lard filled limbs for theIr arduous trek towards the door.
____________________________
What if the bird will not sing?
Nobunaga answers, "Kill it!"
Hideyoshi answers, "Make it want to sing."
Ieyasu answers, "Wait."
Timelordwho answers "Just as Planned."
#59 Sep 14 2012 at 11:38 AM Rating: Excellent
****
6,470 posts
Timelordwho wrote:
Are these people so dumb that the only way to prevent them from wrapping hamlike fists around yet another 44oz soda is to via legislative portion control, which forces them to heave and wheezes as they raise thier tired, bloated, frame to the counter to beg for another serving of soda. I assume these misshapen masses will be so dissuaded by the fear of extraneous excercise that they will cease their struggle for liquid and choke down their triple stacked burgers dry, resting their lard filled limbs for theIr arduous trek towards the door.


Probably, yes.
____________________________
Latest Articles:
Monaco: What's Yours is Mine Review

Follow me on Twitter!
#60 Sep 14 2012 at 11:41 AM Rating: Excellent
Unforkgettable
*****
12,940 posts
Timelordwho wrote:
Are these people so dumb that the only way to prevent them from wrapping hamlike fists around yet another 44oz soda is to via legislative portion control, which forces them to heave and wheezes as they raise thier tired, bloated, frame to the counter to beg for another serving of soda. I assume these misshapen masses will be so dissuaded by the fear of extraneous excercise that they will cease their struggle for liquid and choke down their triple stacked burgers dry, resting their lard filled limbs for theIr arduous trek towards the door.
I like how your post is based on the presumption that they're not riding scooters. How naïve can you be?

Edited, Sep 14th 2012 1:44pm by Spoonless
____________________________
Banh
#61 Sep 14 2012 at 11:44 AM Rating: Decent
******
21,715 posts
Spoonless wrote:
Timelordwho wrote:
Are these people so dumb that the only way to prevent them from wrapping hamlike fists around yet another 44oz soda is to via legislative portion control, which forces them to heave and wheezes as they raise thier tired, bloated, frame to the counter to beg for another serving of soda. I assume these misshapen masses will be so dissuaded by the fear of extraneous excercise that they will cease their struggle for liquid and choke down their triple stacked burgers dry, resting their lard filled limbs for theIr arduous trek towards the door.
I like how your post is based on the presumption that they're not riding scooters. How naïve can you be?

Fat people are poor. They can't afford scooters unless they have medicare. DUH!

Edited, Sep 14th 2012 12:45pm by BrownDuck
____________________________
R.I.P. Jessica M. 5/3/2010
This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.
gbaji wrote:
You guys keep tossing facts out there like they mean something.


#62 Sep 14 2012 at 11:46 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
*****
11,699 posts
That further proves my point that this is bad implementation. If they can scoot to the counter, all hope is lost.
____________________________
What if the bird will not sing?
Nobunaga answers, "Kill it!"
Hideyoshi answers, "Make it want to sing."
Ieyasu answers, "Wait."
Timelordwho answers "Just as Planned."
#63 Sep 14 2012 at 11:47 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
2,772 posts
Eske Esquire wrote:
ElneClare wrote:
Their taste beds have been train to like all the prepackage food that their overwork mothers brought, because the ads said that they could serve their hungry rug rats in less then 30 minutes.


I'll train you in my taste bed. I'll even serve your hungry rug.

Edited, Sep 14th 2012 1:26pm by Eske


Smiley: lolSmiley: lolSmiley: lol

Eske I may take you up on that Smiley: tongue
____________________________
This Post is written in Elnese, If it was an actual Post, it would make sense.

"England needs, examples of people who, leaving Heaven to decide whether they are to rise in the world, decide for themselves that they will be happy in it, and have resolved to seek, not greater wealth, but simpler pleasures; not higher fortune, but deeper felicity; making the first of possessions self-possession, and honouring themselves in the harmless pride and calm pursuits of peace." - John Ruskin
#64 Sep 14 2012 at 11:55 AM Rating: Good
Unforkgettable
*****
12,940 posts
Does Obamacare cover scooters for fatties?
____________________________
Banh
#65 Sep 14 2012 at 11:58 AM Rating: Excellent
lolgaxe wrote:
Dyadem, pet mage of Jabober wrote:
I eat fatty foods, and don't exercise as often as I should (bulking up that is)... so me or anyone in this situation would be GREATLY affected by this type of law.
How, by making you get up and get/ask for a refill a little sooner? You're getting a smaller cup, and you're not going to lose all your intake progress by getting up twice instead of once. The only real place this is going to affect anyone is in theaters.


I rarely dine-in, in fact most of my orders are at drive-thrus if I have the choice (Little Ceasars pizza for example), when I'm on long drives. The small town I live in is one thing, but the 'big city' I go to is 60 miles. Sorry if I misunderstood that this law would only affect diners and not patrons in their cars as well.

Next.
____________________________
Things I sometimes play...

"What do you want to be when you grow up?"
"I want to be a unicorn!"
"Awww, why's that?"........
"So I can stab people with my face."
#66 Sep 14 2012 at 12:08 PM Rating: Good
Lunatic
******
28,585 posts

Are these people so dumb that the only way to prevent them from wrapping hamlike fists around yet another 44oz soda is to via legislative portion control,


Yes. Also they decide elections, hence the current state of campaigning.
____________________________
Disclaimer:

To make a long story short, I don't take any responsibility for anything I post here. It's not news, it's not truth, it's not serious. It's parody. It's satire. It's bitter. It's angsty. Your mother's a whore. You like to jack off dogs. That's right, you heard me. You like to grab that dog by the bone and rub it like a ski pole. Your dad? Gay. Your priest? Straight. @#%^ off and let me post. It's not true, it's all in good fun. Now go away.

#67 Sep 14 2012 at 12:11 PM Rating: Excellent
******
41,245 posts
Dyadem, pet mage of Jabober wrote:
Sorry if I misunderstood that this law would only affect diners and not patrons in their cars as well.
Stop at a gas station and get a larger drink? Added benefit of being less watered down. Solved both your problems for you.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#68 Sep 14 2012 at 12:12 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
Timelordwho wrote:
Because it increases the cost of packaged beverages with minimal gain to the consumer.

Anyone drinking a "dozen cans of soda a day" versus getting a couple 2 liters is already unconcerned with the cost of packaging.
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#69 Sep 14 2012 at 12:15 PM Rating: Good
Supreme Lionator
*****
13,907 posts
This law's so petty, any description of its consequences tends to sound melodramatic.
____________________________
“Socialism never took root in America because the poor see themselves not as an exploited proletariat but as temporarily embarrassed millionaires.”
#70 Sep 14 2012 at 12:27 PM Rating: Good
Lunatic
******
28,585 posts

Because it increases the cost of packaged beverages with minimal gain to the consumer.


There is no "cost of packaged beverages" it's all arbitrary. Soda costs about 9 cents per metric tonne to produce, it's distribution cost to most fast food outlets is only slightly higher. The "packaging" for it costs about 1 cent per drink.
____________________________
Disclaimer:

To make a long story short, I don't take any responsibility for anything I post here. It's not news, it's not truth, it's not serious. It's parody. It's satire. It's bitter. It's angsty. Your mother's a whore. You like to jack off dogs. That's right, you heard me. You like to grab that dog by the bone and rub it like a ski pole. Your dad? Gay. Your priest? Straight. @#%^ off and let me post. It's not true, it's all in good fun. Now go away.

#71 Sep 14 2012 at 1:50 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
*****
11,699 posts
The cost is from redesigning the drinks, packaging etc. to comply, not the actual change in cost of plastic/glass blown.

I'm also not talking about the premix/syrup cannisters, as those are obv. unaffected.
____________________________
What if the bird will not sing?
Nobunaga answers, "Kill it!"
Hideyoshi answers, "Make it want to sing."
Ieyasu answers, "Wait."
Timelordwho answers "Just as Planned."
#72 Sep 14 2012 at 2:40 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
What's the redesign? Are there places out there that sell 32oz fountain drinks but don't sell 16oz or 12oz sizes?
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#73 Sep 14 2012 at 2:58 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
*****
11,699 posts
Jophiel wrote:
What's the redesign? Are there places out there that sell 32oz fountain drinks but don't sell 16oz or 12oz sizes?


Don't they have sealed beverages in NYC?
____________________________
What if the bird will not sing?
Nobunaga answers, "Kill it!"
Hideyoshi answers, "Make it want to sing."
Ieyasu answers, "Wait."
Timelordwho answers "Just as Planned."
#74 Sep 14 2012 at 3:11 PM Rating: Excellent
******
41,245 posts
Not really in places this ban will affect.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#75 Sep 14 2012 at 3:13 PM Rating: Excellent
Soulless Internet Tiger
******
34,611 posts
I'm with Tricky. Tax it. Opportunity missed to raise revenues.
____________________________
Donate. One day it could be your family.
Need a hotel at a great rate? More hotels being added weekly.

An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come. Victor Hugo

#76 Sep 14 2012 at 3:17 PM Rating: Decent
******
21,715 posts
Uglysasquatch wrote:
I'm with Tricky. Tax it. Opportunity missed to raise revenues.


That's what they should have done to begin with. The whole idea of simply banning certain sizes is mind-boggling stupid, as previously stated. Imagine a $0.05 tax on a 21oz or larger, and then assume for giggles that in NYC, 1 million medium or larger drinks are sold in a day. That's $50,000 in tax revenue per day. Missed opportunity indeed.

Edited, Sep 14th 2012 4:20pm by BrownDuck
____________________________
R.I.P. Jessica M. 5/3/2010
This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.
gbaji wrote:
You guys keep tossing facts out there like they mean something.


#77 Sep 14 2012 at 3:48 PM Rating: Excellent
******
41,245 posts
BrownDuck wrote:
Missed opportunity indeed.
Yeah, we missed the opportunity to listen to people complain about how greedy the government is by making people pay more and create a complete failure of a policy. "LOL they want to combat obesity and think five extra cents on soda is going to do that!"
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#78 Sep 14 2012 at 4:34 PM Rating: Good
******
21,715 posts
lolgaxe wrote:
BrownDuck wrote:
Missed opportunity indeed.
Yeah, we missed the opportunity to listen to people complain about how greedy the government is by making people pay more and create a complete failure of a policy. "LOL they want to combat obesity and think five extra cents on soda is going to do that!"

At least the city would have made money while hearing about it. Smiley: schooled
____________________________
R.I.P. Jessica M. 5/3/2010
This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.
gbaji wrote:
You guys keep tossing facts out there like they mean something.


#79 Sep 14 2012 at 5:53 PM Rating: Excellent
******
41,245 posts
BrownDuck wrote:
At least the city would have made money while hearing about it. Smiley: schooled
Meh, let Alabama and Mississippi tax their own fat people. They're worse off both for revenue and lardasses, so two fried chickens with one stone. This policy is stupid here, with a lot of loopholes, but at least it actually addresses an issue. Taxing sodas would be no different than just raising taxes all together and being done with it. City didn't end when we started banning smoking in bars and restaurants, or forcing places to put calories on their menus. I'm sure we'll be okay with being slightly inconvenienced over sodas.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#80 Sep 14 2012 at 6:25 PM Rating: Default
Encyclopedia
******
30,854 posts
Couple points on this. And no, I'm not picking on you Elinda. This is just an easy quote of an idea that lots of people have expressed.

Elinda wrote:
Brownduck claims that it's setting precedent for the government to be able to limit personal choice.

I countered that this isn't setting a precedent because the government has limited choice previously (the precedent has already been set).


It's not so much that it's setting a precedent as extending one. My issue with this is that when conservatives warn about how doing X will lead to Y (set, or extend a precedent), we're often shouted down by liberals insisting that it wont happen, or there's no connection, or that said future thing will be decided on its own merits. Yet, when we're faced with Y happening, it seems like those same liberals forget what they said earlier and insist that it doesn't matter because we already did X.

It's just jarring to me that this seems to happen so frequently. How can someone argue that doing X doesn't set a precedent for Y, when they're constantly arguing exactly the opposite when Y is being considered? It should not be acceptable to do Y because we did X, doubly so when X was justified in the first place because of an assumption that it wouldn't lead to Y. I just don't see how people can do this and not be aware that they're doing it.


Smasharoo wrote:
Overreaching implies that government should be able to pass no laws with the intent of improving public health.


Huh? No. There's a massive excluded middle there. The word "overreach" implies that there some degree of reach that the government can have, and some degree that is more than it should (hence, the "over" part of the word). You seem to be arguing that since we allow government to regulate *anything* related to public health, that there should be no restrictions at all on what it can regulate. Is that actually what you're saying?

So why not make red meat illegal? Hell. Why not just create a government agency that creates a diet plan for every citizen and forces them to eat it. Let's make all recreational activities which might result in harm illegal as well. Hell. Let's make it illegal to leave your government provided health cocoon. We'll just plug you all into a virtual reality system instead. Much safer, right?

Clearly we can and should place limits on government regulations. So your argument is completely incorrect.


Quote:
If this law overreach then laws against selling cigarettes to minors overreach. Seat belt laws overreach. Limiting Sudafed sales overreaches. You get the idea, all the way down the slippery slope to "Why do you want to give heroin to infants?" You can't buy 2500mg Ibuprofen in single pills over the counter, either. Why is there a maximum OTC dosage? Because people will invariably take more if each dose is larger. The same applies here. Is that bad law? Should I be able to buy any dosage of any OTC medication I want? I mean I can just take 10, right?



Ok. So tell me what you think would be a government overreach with regard to public health regulations? Doesn't your argument basically say that government has infinite power to regulate in this area? I suspect that most people will disagree with you.

Edited, Sep 14th 2012 5:28pm by gbaji
____________________________
King Nobby wrote:
More words please
#81gbaji, Posted: Sep 14 2012 at 6:35 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Oh. And I'll also point out that these sorts of silly "for your own good" regulations are exactly what conservatives predicted would happen as a result of increasing government provided health care. As a larger percentage of our population becomes dependent on the government for their health care, the responsibility for their health shifts from the people to the government. Thus, the government needs to exercise more authority with regard to people's health, since it's paying for the outcomes.
#82 Sep 14 2012 at 6:41 PM Rating: Excellent
******
41,245 posts
gbaji wrote:
It's the same argument used for seat belt and helmet laws.
ITT: Conservatives don't give a fuck about you.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#83gbaji, Posted: Sep 14 2012 at 7:07 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Conservatives care about individual freedom. If you want to risk your own life and your own health, that's your choice to make.
#84 Sep 14 2012 at 7:09 PM Rating: Excellent
******
41,245 posts
gbaji wrote:
You get that the sole justification for these sorts of laws is that since those people's poor health choices cost the rest of us money, we can justify the government stepping in an restricting those choices.
ITT: Conservatives say we should all suffer for other people's poor health choices because fuck you, that's why.
gbaji wrote:
Conservatives care about individual freedom.
As long as the individual doesn't have a womb.

Edited, Sep 14th 2012 9:12pm by lolgaxe
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#85 Sep 14 2012 at 7:15 PM Rating: Excellent
******
21,715 posts
lolgaxe wrote:
gbaji wrote:
You get that the sole justification for these sorts of laws is that since those people's poor health choices cost the rest of us money, we can justify the government stepping in an restricting those choices.
ITT: Conservatives say we should all suffer for other people's poor health choices because fuck you, that's why.
gbaji wrote:
Conservatives care about individual freedom.
As long as the individual doesn't have a womb.


Or really dark skin. Or collect welfare. Or come from another country. Etc.
____________________________
R.I.P. Jessica M. 5/3/2010
This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.
gbaji wrote:
You guys keep tossing facts out there like they mean something.


#86 Sep 14 2012 at 7:19 PM Rating: Good
Supreme Lionator
*****
13,907 posts
Huh. You know, the things you say are starting to make a lot of sense, Gbaji. You know, I always laughed when they said I'd become conservative as I became older, but now it's not so funny. I feel so short-sighted. Short-sighted, and foolish.

Who do you think I should read, to get myself up to speed on Conservativer thought? I'll be honest, I used to dismiss their arguments without really looking into or researching them. I'd like that to change.
____________________________
“Socialism never took root in America because the poor see themselves not as an exploited proletariat but as temporarily embarrassed millionaires.”
#87 Sep 14 2012 at 7:30 PM Rating: Excellent
******
41,245 posts
BrownDuck wrote:
lolgaxe wrote:
gbaji wrote:
Conservatives care about individual freedom.
As long as the individual doesn't have a womb.
Or really dark skin. Or collect welfare. Or come from another country. Etc.
Or religion. Good luck if you're gay, too. Or anyone who isn't lockstep with them. But yeah, besides all them. Totally all about the individual's freedom.

Edited, Sep 14th 2012 9:30pm by lolgaxe
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#88 Sep 15 2012 at 3:43 AM Rating: Excellent
Soulless Internet Tiger
******
34,611 posts
lolgaxe wrote:
BrownDuck wrote:
Missed opportunity indeed.
Yeah, we missed the opportunity to listen to people complain about how greedy the government is by making people pay more and create a complete failure of a policy. "LOL they want to combat obesity and think five extra cents on soda is going to do that!"
And that's a whole lot different than people whining about the government overreaching?
____________________________
Donate. One day it could be your family.
Need a hotel at a great rate? More hotels being added weekly.

An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come. Victor Hugo

#89 Sep 15 2012 at 9:58 AM Rating: Good
Official Shrubbery Waterer
*****
14,001 posts
lolgaxe wrote:
BrownDuck wrote:
lolgaxe wrote:
gbaji wrote:
Conservatives care about individual freedom.
As long as the individual doesn't have a womb.
Or really dark skin. Or collect welfare. Or come from another country. Etc.
Or religion. Good luck if you're gay, too. Or anyone who isn't lockstep with them. But yeah, besides all them. Totally all about the individual's freedom.

Edited, Sep 14th 2012 9:30pm by lolgaxe

I know that this is difficult for most of you tree huggers to understand, but conservative =/= Republican.

Edited, Sep 15th 2012 10:59am by Demea
____________________________
Almalieque wrote:
Demea wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
I'm biased against statistics

#90 Sep 15 2012 at 10:16 AM Rating: Excellent
Will swallow your soul
******
27,889 posts
Quote:
I know that this is difficult for most of you tree huggers to understand, but conservative =/= Republican.


Just like tree hugger =/= Democrat. But, you must admit, there is a high correlation.

____________________________
In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

#91 Sep 15 2012 at 10:18 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
****
7,426 posts
We can all agree though that Crazy = Ron Paul.
____________________________
HEY GOOGLE. @#%^ OFF YOU. @#%^ YOUR BULLsh*t SEARCH ENGINE IN ITS @#%^ING sh*tTY BINARY ASS. ALL DAY LONG.

#92 Sep 15 2012 at 10:29 AM Rating: Good
******
41,245 posts
Samira wrote:
Demea wrote:
I know that this is difficult for most of you tree huggers to understand, but conservative =/= Republican.
Just like tree hugger =/= Democrat. But, you must admit, there is a high correlation.
You'd think "disagree with ≠ liberal" would be obvious, but you wouldn't be able to tell in any of these threads with how casually the term is thrown out.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#93 Sep 15 2012 at 11:31 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
*****
11,699 posts
Samira wrote:
Quote:
I know that this is difficult for most of you tree huggers to understand, but conservative =/= Republican.


Just like tree hugger =/= Democrat. But, you must admit, there is a high correlation.



Barring Teddy Roosevelt, (Prog, rep) who once punched out a bear because it got between him and his trees.
____________________________
What if the bird will not sing?
Nobunaga answers, "Kill it!"
Hideyoshi answers, "Make it want to sing."
Ieyasu answers, "Wait."
Timelordwho answers "Just as Planned."
#94 Sep 15 2012 at 11:31 AM Rating: Excellent
Official Shrubbery Waterer
*****
14,001 posts
Quote:
You'd think "disagree with ≠ liberal" would be obvious, but you wouldn't be able to tell in any of these threads with how casually the term is thrown out.

You liberals and your special characters. Think you're better than the rest of us! Smiley: mad

Edited, Sep 15th 2012 12:31pm by Demea
____________________________
Almalieque wrote:
Demea wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
I'm biased against statistics

#95 Sep 15 2012 at 11:32 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
*****
11,699 posts
Demea wrote:
lolgaxe wrote:
BrownDuck wrote:
lolgaxe wrote:
gbaji wrote:
Conservatives care about individual freedom.
As long as the individual doesn't have a womb.
Or really dark skin. Or collect welfare. Or come from another country. Etc.
Or religion. Good luck if you're gay, too. Or anyone who isn't lockstep with them. But yeah, besides all them. Totally all about the individual's freedom.

Edited, Sep 14th 2012 9:30pm by lolgaxe

I know that this is difficult for most of you tree huggers to understand, but conservative =/= Republican.

Edited, Sep 15th 2012 10:59am by Demea


Unfortunately, due to our zany electoral mechanics, nuance doesn't matter much.
____________________________
What if the bird will not sing?
Nobunaga answers, "Kill it!"
Hideyoshi answers, "Make it want to sing."
Ieyasu answers, "Wait."
Timelordwho answers "Just as Planned."
#96 Sep 17 2012 at 6:51 AM Rating: Good
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
14,814 posts
Demea wrote:
Quote:
You'd think "disagree with ≠ liberal" would be obvious, but you wouldn't be able to tell in any of these threads with how casually the term is thrown out.

You liberals and your special characters. Think you're better than the rest of us! Smiley: mad

Edited, Sep 15th 2012 12:31pm by Demea

Quit denying your inner lib...

____________________________
LOOK here.
#97 Sep 17 2012 at 7:14 AM Rating: Good
******
41,245 posts
Demea wrote:
lolgaxe wrote:
You'd think "disagree with ≠ liberal" would be obvious, but you wouldn't be able to tell in any of these threads with how casually the term is thrown out.
You liberals and your special characters. Think you're better than the rest of us! Smiley: mad
It was liberalism that taught me how to use the character map. Smiley: mad

Edited, Sep 17th 2012 9:15am by lolgaxe
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#98 Sep 17 2012 at 7:22 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
******
27,056 posts
lolgaxe wrote:
Demea wrote:
lolgaxe wrote:
You'd think "disagree with ≠ liberal" would be obvious, but you wouldn't be able to tell in any of these threads with how casually the term is thrown out.
You liberals and your special characters. Think you're better than the rest of us! Smiley: mad
It was liberalism that taught me how to use the character map. Smiley: mad
With all that free time once the government started doing all your thinking for you, I'd imagine you had room on your schedule to figure it out. Smiley: tongue
____________________________
Someone on another forum wrote:
Wow, you've got an awesome writing style.! I really dig the narrator's back story, humor, sarcasm, and the plethora of pop culture references. Altogether a refreshingly different RotR journal (not that I don't like the more traditional ones, mind you).

#99 Mar 11 2013 at 5:19 PM Rating: Decent
******
21,715 posts
Timelordwho wrote:
I'm not arguing it can't be made law, I'm arguing it shouldn't be.

Judge Milton Tingling agrees.
____________________________
R.I.P. Jessica M. 5/3/2010
This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.
gbaji wrote:
You guys keep tossing facts out there like they mean something.


Necro Warning: This post occurred more than thirty days after the prior, and may be a necropost.
#100 Mar 11 2013 at 10:05 PM Rating: Decent
@#%^ing DRK
*****
13,137 posts
Whenever an eleventh hour ruling such as this takes place, I can't help but think that their only thought while issuing the ruling is "Zing!"
#101 Mar 12 2013 at 6:27 AM Rating: Good
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
14,814 posts
Quote:
New York City's soft drink sellers celebrated a sweet victory Monday
There's a Blues Travelers Song rolling around in my head.

gbaji will tell you, the right to purchase a 20oz soda in NYC is not enumerated in the constitution.
____________________________
LOOK here.
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 42 All times are in CDT
Debalic, Driftwood, lolgaxe, Technogeek, Timelordwho, Anonymous Guests (37)