Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

2012 Fall Fatty ChallengeFollow

#102 Aug 21 2012 at 5:43 PM Rating: Good
Caffeine Queen
*****
14,454 posts
I'd love to get into this, but for the life of me, I think my body has basically said FU and won't change since this last year. Since June, when I got really serious about losing weight, ive been drinking 80-100 oz of water a day, riding the exercise bike an hour a day, or doing a Zumba work out, five days a week. Protein shake with almond milk in the morning, light lunch, smaller portion protein dinner, and maybe a glass of wine twice a week. Add on top of that vitamin B12 and oxy elite pro thermogenics I've lost a total of........ 8 pounds. And I keep see sawing between five and eight.

I'll keep at it and watch you guys with progress, but I'm not holding out much hope on losing anything drastic.
____________________________
Uglysasquatch wrote:
DSD kicked Alma in the *** on another thread over the weekend. Clearly, she kicked too hard as he's obviously still feeling it.


#103 Aug 21 2012 at 8:40 PM Rating: Excellent
Gurue
*****
16,299 posts
Jophiel wrote:
Allegory wrote:
We used to hunt other animals by following them until they collapsed from exhaustion.

That's how I got my wife.

So she really is a flea. Huh.
#104 Aug 21 2012 at 9:06 PM Rating: Good
***
1,877 posts
Well I did descending sets of burpees on Sunday going from seven down. All day my latissimus dorsi have been extremely sore. I barely could lift my arms and when I tried to do a pushup I collapsed and decided I would rest for a bit on the floor. Smiley: tongue

Edited, Aug 21st 2012 11:06pm by Criminy
____________________________
#swaggerjacker
#105 Aug 22 2012 at 6:20 AM Rating: Good
****
6,471 posts
163.5

Booyakasha.
#106 Aug 22 2012 at 3:53 PM Rating: Decent
Prodigal Son
******
20,518 posts
144.0.
____________________________
publiusvarus wrote:
we all know liberals are well adjusted american citizens who only want what's best for society. While conservatives are evil money grubbing scum who only want to sh*t on the little man and rob the world of its resources.
#107 Aug 23 2012 at 8:56 AM Rating: Excellent
Annoying Ass
ZAM Administrator
Avatar
*****
12,049 posts
Pretty sure my at-home scale just sucks. Weighed myself with the giant scale at Publix last night, and it said 201. If I went from 210 to 201 in four days only by working out for an extra 45 minutes a day and eating under 1500 calories... I probably have tape worms or something.

Thank you, tapeworms
____________________________
Retired News Writer for the ZAM Network
WoW - Aureliano the Insane - level 90 Druid on Sen'Jin
Nanaoki - level 90 Mage on Sen'Jin
#108 Aug 23 2012 at 9:18 AM Rating: Excellent
Sniping Sweetpea
*****
18,463 posts
DSD wrote:
I'd love to get into this, but for the life of me, I think my body has basically said FU and won't change since this last year. Since June, when I got really serious about losing weight, ive been drinking 80-100 oz of water a day, riding the exercise bike an hour a day, or doing a Zumba work out, five days a week. Protein shake with almond milk in the morning, light lunch, smaller portion protein dinner, and maybe a glass of wine twice a week. Add on top of that vitamin B12 and oxy elite pro thermogenics I've lost a total of........ 8 pounds. And I keep see sawing between five and eight.

I'll keep at it and watch you guys with progress, but I'm not holding out much hope on losing anything drastic.

This. You sure you don't have Hashimoto's? Have your MD run your TSH antibodies, much more reliable than basic TSH test.

I cut out all gluten and have been dropping inches but the scale is disappointingly the same. I am down one dress size, two on a good day, and thankfully once again have a waist and can no longer see my tummy past my boobs. It's odd to me that everything seems to be slowly shrinking but that it doesn't reflect on the scale. I'm not working out at all though, so that's probably what's missing. I always MEAN to, but then I fall asleep (exhaustion being another lovely side effect of my thyroid self-destructing).
____________________________
That's the kind of dude
I was lookin' for
And yes you'll get slapped
if you're lookin', ho

#109 Aug 23 2012 at 9:19 AM Rating: Excellent
Sniping Sweetpea
*****
18,463 posts
Nadenu wrote:
Jophiel wrote:
Allegory wrote:
We used to hunt other animals by following them until they collapsed from exhaustion.

That's how I got my wife.

So she really is a flea. Huh.
And he really is an earwig.
____________________________
That's the kind of dude
I was lookin' for
And yes you'll get slapped
if you're lookin', ho

#110 Aug 23 2012 at 9:30 AM Rating: Good
******
49,740 posts
I always picture Joph as a velociraptor in a suit.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#111 Aug 23 2012 at 9:46 AM Rating: Excellent
Sniping Sweetpea
*****
18,463 posts
lolgaxe wrote:
I always picture Joph as a velociraptor in a suit polo.

Edited for accuracy.
____________________________
That's the kind of dude
I was lookin' for
And yes you'll get slapped
if you're lookin', ho

#112 Aug 23 2012 at 10:30 AM Rating: Good
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
16,594 posts
Atomicflea wrote:
lolgaxe wrote:
I always picture Joph as a velociraptor in a suit polo.

Edited for accuracy.

...and wearing glasses (not the cool sunglasses).

This thread got the best of me. I just went and weighed myself - 120lbs. I feel best when I'm at 118 so I might make an effort to drop a pound or two before heading into winter and holiday gorge season.

____________________________
Alma wrote:
I lost my post
#113 Aug 23 2012 at 2:54 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
******
29,371 posts
In the interest of tracking: 333.8. Weighed 335.4 last week around this time, but it fluctuates a bit, so can't be sure how much of that is loss and how much is good timing on the weigh.
#114 Aug 23 2012 at 6:41 PM Rating: Excellent
****
6,758 posts
I started back in March. Had a bit of an awakening, and decided to do something about it. I tipped the scales at 308 at 5' 11". After seeing a bunch of ads on ESPN and doing some research, I signed up for Nutrisystem. I've lost 55 lbs so far, hoping to get down to 220 by Christmas.
____________________________
Some people are like slinkies, they aren't really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.
#115 Aug 23 2012 at 7:16 PM Rating: Decent
Prodigal Son
******
20,518 posts
I'm hoping to start exercising again and, coupled with the holiday feasting season, hit 150 again by New Year's.
____________________________
publiusvarus wrote:
we all know liberals are well adjusted american citizens who only want what's best for society. While conservatives are evil money grubbing scum who only want to sh*t on the little man and rob the world of its resources.
#116 Aug 23 2012 at 8:01 PM Rating: Good
******
21,720 posts
Kakar wrote:
I started back in March. Had a bit of an awakening, and decided to do something about it. I tipped the scales at 308 at 5' 11". After seeing a bunch of ads on ESPN and doing some research, I signed up for Nutrisystem. I've lost 55 lbs so far, hoping to get down to 220 by Christmas.


How does that work exactly. Are the meals they send you all microwave meals or...?
____________________________
R.I.P. Jessica M. 5/3/2010
This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.
gbaji wrote:
You guys keep tossing facts out there like they mean something.


#117 Aug 23 2012 at 8:12 PM Rating: Excellent
****
6,758 posts
Not all, but most of them. Breakfasts consist of a protein drink, and an entree such as a small bowl of cereal, oatmeal, or a breakfast bar/muffin. Lunches are either microwavable (such as a small container of soup, or a lunch bar) with the add-ins. They focus a lot on getting your veggies in, with lunch and dinner. The snacks are tasty, cookies, chocolate bars, trailmix, things like that.

I was getting the Men's core package, basically a big box of food to last the month. I had to spring for some of the add-ins, what they call power fuels and smartcarbs. Everything is vacuum sealed so you don't have to refrigerate, which is nice. They more or less just focus on eating multiple times a day (3 mains, and 3 snacks) and portion control along with tracking what you eat of course, and getting in some exercise. And drinking water, plenty of water. I've been pretty happy with it.

The big danger (for lack of a better term) of the plan is when people transition off they go back to old habits and gain the weight back. But if you stick to what they teach, and concentrate on transitioning to a comparable eating plan it can work. I know one guy on the plan who has been pretty much on his own substituting food from the grocery store for the nutrisystem items, and he still loses weight. He was a big fella too, 400+ when he started. He's down to 215 or so now.
____________________________
Some people are like slinkies, they aren't really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.
#118 Aug 24 2012 at 12:51 AM Rating: Decent
Lunatic
******
30,084 posts

The second dietary change I made was reducing added salt. It's like people say about quitting smoking - after you get over the hump, food tastes so much better


The really good news is that the better tasting food doesn't make you want to have a pile of salt afterward that much more, either.
____________________________
Disclaimer:

To make a long story short, I don't take any responsibility for anything I post here. It's not news, it's not truth, it's not serious. It's parody. It's satire. It's bitter. It's angsty. Your mother's a *****. You like to jack off dogs. That's right, you heard me. You like to grab that dog by the bone and rub it like a ski pole. Your dad? ***. Your priest? Straight. **** off and let me post. It's not true, it's all in good fun. Now go away.

#119 Aug 24 2012 at 12:55 AM Rating: Excellent
Lunatic
******
30,084 posts
I'd love to get into this, but for the life of me, I think my body has basically said FU and won't change since this last year. Since June, when I got really serious about losing weight, ive been drinking 80-100 oz of water a day, riding the exercise bike an hour a day, or doing a Zumba work out, five days a week. Protein shake with almond milk in the morning, light lunch, smaller portion protein dinner, and maybe a glass of wine twice a week. Add on top of that vitamin B12 and oxy elite pro thermogenics I've lost a total of........ 8 pounds. And I keep see sawing between five and eight.

I'll keep at it and watch you guys with progress, but I'm not holding out much hope on losing anything drastic.


Smoke more.
____________________________
Disclaimer:

To make a long story short, I don't take any responsibility for anything I post here. It's not news, it's not truth, it's not serious. It's parody. It's satire. It's bitter. It's angsty. Your mother's a *****. You like to jack off dogs. That's right, you heard me. You like to grab that dog by the bone and rub it like a ski pole. Your dad? ***. Your priest? Straight. **** off and let me post. It's not true, it's all in good fun. Now go away.

#120 Aug 24 2012 at 6:35 AM Rating: Excellent
Annoying Ass
ZAM Administrator
Avatar
*****
12,049 posts
LockeColeMA wrote:
Pretty sure my at-home scale just sucks. Weighed myself with the giant scale at Publix last night, and it said 201. If I went from 210 to 201 in four days only by working out for an extra 45 minutes a day and eating under 1500 calories... I probably have tape worms or something.

Thank you, tapeworms


Pretty sure my at-home scale is just a little wonky. That Publix scale weight (201) from Wednesday night was before a bit before a BIG dinner (like, 1500 calories: went out with friends). Last night, at home scale says 204.5. So it does seem pretty likely that I'm losing weight, but it's hard to figure out how much. Best I can seem to do is weigh myself at the same time, on the same scale, in the same clothing, each night.

My appetite is... weird. I'll typically get the urge to eat around 3:00 or so, but I wouldn't call it "hunger," more "habit." Yesterday I only ate around 850 calories by 8:00pm. Had to force myself to up it to 1350, because sub-1000 is dangerous and will work against me if I go into starvation mode. But I wasn't hungry at all; the ~350 I had for dinner filled me up (and I drank around 12 large glasses of water throughout the day; likely kept me feeling full). I think my stomach is getting used to less food. But heading into the weekend I'm getting nervous. The consistent schedule of a work week is really useful in keeping my time (including eating time) in nice chunks. The weekend is a lot tougher, because
A) I'm around the house, which has food.
B) I don't have anything set to do. Sure, I have gaming for ZAM, but I find that every hour or so I go for a snack. That adds up.
C) There's a huge temptation to sleep in (and thus skip the 4:30am workout, which I've done for 4/5 days this week), and perhaps worst:
D) There's a huge temptation to drink

On that last part, this week has actually been pretty good. Whoever said that waking up early would lessen the desire to drink was right: going to sleep around 9:30 each night and waking up at 4:30 has killed most of my urge to drink. That said, I'll need to keep myself from picking up something on the way home from work tonight. Trying to combat that urge by going to run stadiums with a co-worker and his wife. Stadiums... heh. I'll be lucky to survive!

Still, I've dropped at least a couple lbs this week. This thread is great motivation; thanks all and best of luck on your goals too! Smiley: clap
____________________________
Retired News Writer for the ZAM Network
WoW - Aureliano the Insane - level 90 Druid on Sen'Jin
Nanaoki - level 90 Mage on Sen'Jin
#121 Aug 24 2012 at 7:37 AM Rating: Good
******
49,740 posts
LockeColeMA wrote:
A) I'm around the house, which has food.
B) I don't have anything set to do. Sure, I have gaming for ZAM, but I find that every hour or so I go for a snack. That adds up.
[...]
D) There's a huge temptation to drink
Well, those are easy to solve. Replace or remove the temptations. The work out thing you'll probably want to stick to, but the time isn't as important as the activity really. You can sleep in, but it's still pretty important early on to still be active. Really, you'll want at least one rest day before you start your week again.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#122 Aug 24 2012 at 8:19 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
****
4,550 posts
Schedule an activity/meeting of sorts that requires you to drive in the evening (this can be anything just has to require you to drive so you can't drink, heck do your groceries late, pickup a friend from work). Get up early, but not 4:30 am early, sleep in a couple of hours as a treat but make sure the first thing you do when you get up (other than eat) is go to the gym, it'll set the tone for the day and make it so you're ready for bed at a decent time (which, again, will help with the drinking which is probably what's been putting you to sleep for years.)
#123 Aug 24 2012 at 8:59 AM Rating: Good
Caffeine Queen
*****
14,454 posts
Atomicflea wrote:
DSD wrote:
I'd love to get into this, but for the life of me, I think my body has basically said FU and won't change since this last year. Since June, when I got really serious about losing weight, ive been drinking 80-100 oz of water a day, riding the exercise bike an hour a day, or doing a Zumba work out, five days a week. Protein shake with almond milk in the morning, light lunch, smaller portion protein dinner, and maybe a glass of wine twice a week. Add on top of that vitamin B12 and oxy elite pro thermogenics I've lost a total of........ 8 pounds. And I keep see sawing between five and eight.

I'll keep at it and watch you guys with progress, but I'm not holding out much hope on losing anything drastic.

This. You sure you don't have Hashimoto's? Have your MD run your TSH antibodies, much more reliable than basic TSH test.

I cut out all gluten and have been dropping inches but the scale is disappointingly the same. I am down one dress size, two on a good day, and thankfully once again have a waist and can no longer see my tummy past my boobs. It's odd to me that everything seems to be slowly shrinking but that it doesn't reflect on the scale. I'm not working out at all though, so that's probably what's missing. I always MEAN to, but then I fall asleep (exhaustion being another lovely side effect of my thyroid self-destructing).


I had my DR check thyroid levels three times (borderline but normal each time), but I'm going back Monday and making him run a full panel and anything else we can think of. I've been exhausted for no reason, like my SAD is kicking in, but its the middle of summer, and even after I've been working out which usually wakes me up. Did some research this week and noticed I have a lot of symptoms for hypothyroidism. Would make sense.

Smash, tried it. Didnt work. Bastid

Still at it abd refusing to give up, but it sure makes you feel like ***** when you're being consistent with watching what you eat and exercise and cant lose anything, while people around lose 50+ pounds.
____________________________
Uglysasquatch wrote:
DSD kicked Alma in the *** on another thread over the weekend. Clearly, she kicked too hard as he's obviously still feeling it.


#124 Aug 24 2012 at 9:32 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
*****
10,795 posts
I wish I could say it's a thyroid/gland/something on why I have gained weight lately. But it's because 1) I'm overeating and 2) I haven't been too physically actively.

I wish I could say it's a thyroid/gland/something on why I haven't lost weight. But it's because 1) I haven't modified my eating habits and 2) I'm being too lazy.

Smiley: frown
#125 Aug 24 2012 at 9:39 AM Rating: Good
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
16,594 posts
Thumbelyna wrote:
I wish I could say it's a thyroid/gland/something on why I have gained weight lately. But it's because 1) I'm overeating and 2) I haven't been too physically actively.

I wish I could say it's a thyroid/gland/something on why I haven't lost weight. But it's because 1) I haven't modified my eating habits and 2) I'm being too lazy.

Smiley: frown

Might want to have your gag-reflex checked.

I was banking on the ice cream stand I have to drive by and stop at nearly every day on my way home from work closing come Labor Day and eliminating one source of my fat intake. But yesterday I was cheerfully informed they'll be staying open through Halloween as long as it doesn't snow too much. Smiley: rolleyes
____________________________
Alma wrote:
I lost my post
#126 Aug 24 2012 at 9:54 AM Rating: Excellent
Gurue
*****
16,299 posts
Thumbelyna wrote:
I wish I could say it's a thyroid/gland/something on why I have gained weight lately. But it's because 1) I'm overeating and 2) I haven't been too physically actively.

I wish I could say it's a thyroid/gland/something on why I haven't lost weight. But it's because 1) I haven't modified my eating habits and 2) I'm being too lazy.

Smiley: frown

This.

And the bad thing is, I'm not caring as much as I should.
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 79 All times are in CDT
Anonymous Guests (79)