Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

2012 Fall Fatty ChallengeFollow

#152 Sep 13 2012 at 12:57 AM Rating: Decent
@#%^ing DRK
*****
13,137 posts
Also, Smiley: lol at my first post in this thread. I was stupidly optimistic. I think if I push hard and maintain, maybe I can push down to 380 by Thanksgiving if I keep it up. That would be losing an additional twenty pounds the next two months each. I hope to lose more than that, but I have been tempering my expectations.
#153 Sep 13 2012 at 8:14 AM Rating: Good
*****
19,984 posts
I've somehow gained like 15 pounds in the past two months--from 205 to 220, 5'10". So I'm making a solid effort to return to my old eating habits (I never used to snack, I ate smaller portions at meals, I ate breakfast, meals generally didn't have too many empty calories in them, etc.)

Part of the issue is living home again. My parents have very different eating philosophies than me. They fill the plate and eat way more fattening food than I'm in the habit of doing. I usually used smaller plates or bowls, specifically so I wouldn't over-fill.

I also ate a fraction of the meat I eat here. More fruit, less pasta, etc.

Worst of all, every locale I frequent nowadays is too far to walk to, so I went from walking everywhere to driving everywhere. Doesn't help.
____________________________
IDrownFish wrote:
Anyways, you all are horrible, @#%^ed up people

lolgaxe wrote:
Never underestimate the healing power of a massive dong.
#154 Sep 13 2012 at 9:20 AM Rating: Good
Lunatic
******
29,588 posts
I've found the needy infant method effective. Frequently he screams unless I carry him and walk around. Down to 225!
____________________________
Disclaimer:

To make a long story short, I don't take any responsibility for anything I post here. It's not news, it's not truth, it's not serious. It's parody. It's satire. It's bitter. It's angsty. Your mother's a *****. You like to jack off dogs. That's right, you heard me. You like to grab that dog by the bone and rub it like a ski pole. Your dad? ***. Your priest? Straight. **** off and let me post. It's not true, it's all in good fun. Now go away.

#155 Sep 13 2012 at 9:34 AM Rating: Decent
Prodigal Son
******
20,053 posts
Smasharoo wrote:
I've found the needy infant method effective. Frequently he screams unless I carry him and walk around. Down to 225!

Babies are great. They're like a weight set that gradually gets heavier. And then...they start to walk! And run!
____________________________
publiusvarus wrote:
we all know liberals are well adjusted american citizens who only want what's best for society. While conservatives are evil money grubbing scum who only want to sh*t on the little man and rob the world of its resources.
#156 Sep 13 2012 at 10:11 AM Rating: Excellent
I was doing really well, but my recent travel schedule has thrown it all out of whack. I need to start renting bikes when I'm out of town instead of cars or something.
____________________________
01001001 00100000 01001100 01001001 01001011 01000101 00100000 01000011 01000001 01001011 01000101
You'll always be stupid, you'll just be stupid with more information in your brain
Forum FAQ
#157 Sep 13 2012 at 10:32 AM Rating: Good
****
6,470 posts
I'm at a mid 160's plateau. Fiancee is out, so I have to come home after work to take the dog out instead of training.
____________________________
Latest Articles:
Monaco: What's Yours is Mine Review

Follow me on Twitter!
#158 Sep 13 2012 at 10:52 AM Rating: Decent
Lunatic
******
29,588 posts
I'm at a mid 160's plateau. Fiancee is out, so I have to come home after work to take the dog out instead of training.

Run with the dog, fatty!
____________________________
Disclaimer:

To make a long story short, I don't take any responsibility for anything I post here. It's not news, it's not truth, it's not serious. It's parody. It's satire. It's bitter. It's angsty. Your mother's a *****. You like to jack off dogs. That's right, you heard me. You like to grab that dog by the bone and rub it like a ski pole. Your dad? ***. Your priest? Straight. **** off and let me post. It's not true, it's all in good fun. Now go away.

#159 Sep 13 2012 at 11:04 AM Rating: Good
****
6,470 posts
Smasharoo wrote:
I'm at a mid 160's plateau. Fiancee is out, so I have to come home after work to take the dog out instead of training.

Run with the dog, fatty!


But I hates the running. I hateses it!
____________________________
Latest Articles:
Monaco: What's Yours is Mine Review

Follow me on Twitter!
#160 Sep 13 2012 at 11:10 AM Rating: Excellent
I'm starting to play squash again, and I'm planning on including it as a part of a slightly longer work out. The fact that I love playing squash will help to motivate me to get to the gym.
____________________________
01001001 00100000 01001100 01001001 01001011 01000101 00100000 01000011 01000001 01001011 01000101
You'll always be stupid, you'll just be stupid with more information in your brain
Forum FAQ
#161 Sep 13 2012 at 12:01 PM Rating: Good
***
1,877 posts
Well my relatives finally left the house after 2 weeks of visiting. My diet was mediocre at best while they were down but I did manage to do quite a bit of walking (plus a bit of beach fun on Monday). After reading this thread I decided to go weigh myself and I am at 185 now. I would have been closer to 180 if I didn't resort to all that crap I ate for the past two weeks. Smiley: tongue
____________________________
#swaggerjacker
#162 Sep 14 2012 at 3:01 AM Rating: Excellent
Guru
***
1,180 posts
Tynuv wrote:
213 lbs, 42.2% body fat

212 lbs, 43.1% body fat and my hydration levels are getting worse.

Blood test was clear (good because I don't' have anything wrong, but bad because I'm still not sure why I don't have any energy), I'm on some supplements for a vitamin deficiency, so I guess I'll see if that makes any difference. I'm also going to make a chart so that I make sure I'm getting the right foods in me each week.

No timetable yet, so I'm still slacking on the gym front. I was actually disappointed when I realised I wouldn't be able to go today, I could theoretically do some other form of exercise, but I'm not that motivated :P

Tynuv wrote:
By next week I will get my bike fixed, and start going out for at least one cycle a week

This is in progress. Had to buy a new gear wire and haven't got around to fitting it yet. If I can't get it working this weekend I'll take it into a shop on Monday.

Tynuv wrote:
I'm going to keep a food diary (was doing well at this until I went on holiday), to start with just writing down what I eat and when

Check, managed everything apart from the pub night, where keeping track of times is not going to happen and I might have left a drink off. I think I need to note stuff down as I go along. Next step for the diary is to add in portion sizes.

Quote:
I'm going to find something better to drink than pints of cider at my weekly social (usually the only day I drink each week).

I had a rum and coke (I think the mixer was either diet coke or pepsi, didn't taste like normal coke), surprisingly I enjoyed it (I tend to go for very sweet drinks) but I drank it way too fast, as evidenced by the shocked look on my friends faces. I don't eat dinner on social night, so I think when I get around to calorie counting I'll just have to work out how many drinks I can have with what's left of the days allowance and have a bit more awareness of which brands are better options calorie wise.
#163 Sep 17 2012 at 9:32 AM Rating: Decent
******
21,718 posts
Tynuv wrote:
I don't eat dinner on social night, so I think when I get around to calorie counting I'll just have to work out how many drinks I can have with what's left of the days allowance and have a bit more awareness of which brands are better options calorie wise.


A while back, I tracked my calories for about a month straight. What I found was that my meal intake was actually fairly low at around 12:00. The 3-4 sodas a day I was drinking were nearly 500 alone, and if I went out to the local watering hole, it wasn't unusual for me to put back 12x 110 calories and maybe a 4-6x 80-100 calories (shots). I realized then, that I was more than doubling my caloric intake any time I went out. Major bummer.

Edited, Sep 17th 2012 10:32am by BrownDuck
____________________________
R.I.P. Jessica M. 5/3/2010
This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.
gbaji wrote:
You guys keep tossing facts out there like they mean something.


#164 Sep 17 2012 at 9:44 AM Rating: Good
Sage
****
4,041 posts
Did you make any changes, other than just to stop tracking your calories?
#165 Sep 17 2012 at 10:49 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
****
9,382 posts
Mmmm I might consider getting into this. I don't know what I weigh, and frankly don't care, but I'd like to be in better shape. I could probably stand to drink a lot less beer, and I honestly think that I'd lose a fair amount of flab with that change alone. In terms of athleticism, even though I am a heavier person I ride my bike like a boss, everywhere, so that does help me feel more fit... though that said, I could do a lot better.

Anyway, thanks for the inspiration everyone.
____________________________
lolgaxe wrote:
When it comes to sitting around not doing anything for long periods of time, only being active for short windows, and marginal changes and sidegrades I'd say FFXI players were the perfect choice for politicians.

clicky
#166 Sep 17 2012 at 12:02 PM Rating: Decent
******
21,718 posts
Guenny wrote:
Did you make any changes, other than just to stop tracking your calories?

I started eating more healthy lunches (chicken salad, hard boiled eggs, whatever the deli across the street has for the day) and drinking a lot more powerade 0cal instead of soda, but I resigned that I would not be cutting any sufficient calories from alcohol, so no change there.
____________________________
R.I.P. Jessica M. 5/3/2010
This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.
gbaji wrote:
You guys keep tossing facts out there like they mean something.


#167 Sep 17 2012 at 12:12 PM Rating: Excellent
****
6,470 posts
BrownDuck wrote:
Tynuv wrote:
I don't eat dinner on social night, so I think when I get around to calorie counting I'll just have to work out how many drinks I can have with what's left of the days allowance and have a bit more awareness of which brands are better options calorie wise.


A while back, I tracked my calories for about a month straight. What I found was that my meal intake was actually fairly low at around 12:00. The 3-4 sodas a day I was drinking were nearly 500 alone, and if I went out to the local watering hole, it wasn't unusual for me to put back 12x 110 calories and maybe a 4-6x 80-100 calories (shots). I realized then, that I was more than doubling my caloric intake any time I went out. Major bummer.


I think that's a big problem for me, too. I've got a high alcohol tolerance, so it's not unusual for me to be 4 beers deep without even the slightest hint of a buzz coming on. I just burned through a big case of Guinness in a week, and I shudder to think how many calories that amounted to.

Think I'm gonna try to go without drinking at home for the next couple months. I'm good about limiting myself to just a couple drinks when I go out (since I usually drive), so I should be okay sticking to that.
____________________________
Latest Articles:
Monaco: What's Yours is Mine Review

Follow me on Twitter!
#168 Sep 17 2012 at 12:20 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
****
4,311 posts
Drink a big glass of milk when you get home. Alcohol is no longer an option.
#169 Sep 17 2012 at 12:25 PM Rating: Excellent
****
6,470 posts
Yodabunny wrote:
Drink a big glass of milk when you get home. Alcohol is no longer an option.


Is a white russian okay? Smiley: boozing
____________________________
Latest Articles:
Monaco: What's Yours is Mine Review

Follow me on Twitter!
#170 Sep 17 2012 at 12:29 PM Rating: Good
Needs More Smut
Avatar
******
20,543 posts
Interestingly, the sugar content in many alcohol beverages makes it so that they have the same energy density regardless of actual alcohol content. Try mixing up your mixed drinks with higher alcohol percentages and diet mixers. Like a shot of Bacardi 151 in a diet coke, instead of a classic rum and coke, or a cosmo made with no sugar added cranberry juice. You'll get drunk faster AND consume less total calories.
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck. Once again a top bard on the server: Dardaubla 90 on 1/6/2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest on Lamia - Member of The Swarm and leader of Grammarian Tea House chat LS
#171 Sep 17 2012 at 12:47 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
*****
12,071 posts
You could also take some hydroxyzine HCl.
____________________________
Just as Planned.
#172 Sep 17 2012 at 1:08 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
****
4,311 posts
Eske Esquire wrote:
Yodabunny wrote:
Drink a big glass of milk when you get home. Alcohol is no longer an option.


Is a white russian okay? Smiley: boozing


Hahaha, if you really want to you'll find a way. The milk trick will help with the beer/spirit & coke/wine crowd though, assuming you typically drink more calories than the milk gives you of course. If you drink liqueurs (Bailey's) you're done for.

I just make my late snack a small bowl of cereal, works for me. Can't drink because the milk will make me sick and I'm just too **** lazy to make a different snack. It's all about making the bad things unattractive :).
#173 Sep 17 2012 at 1:33 PM Rating: Good
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
Accept the fact that if getting drunk means more to you than shedding the unhealthy shroud of fat covering your body, you probably have larger problems than just the fat.
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#174 Sep 17 2012 at 1:37 PM Rating: Good
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
16,327 posts
Yodabunny wrote:


I just make my late snack a small bowl of cereal, works for me. Can't drink because the milk will make me sick and I'm just too **** lazy to make a different snack. It's all about making the bad things unattractive :).

Captain Peanut Butter Crunch with a big handful of blackberries on it, tastes just like a PB&J sandwich.
____________________________
Alma wrote:
Post and be happy!
#175 Sep 17 2012 at 1:42 PM Rating: Excellent
******
44,522 posts
Yodabunny wrote:
Drink a big glass of milk when you get home. Alcohol is no longer an option.
Screenshot
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#176 Sep 17 2012 at 1:53 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
****
4,311 posts
Elinda wrote:
Captain Peanut Butter Crunch with a big handful of blackberries on it, tastes just like a PB&J sandwich.


...just drink the booze.
#177 Sep 17 2012 at 3:53 PM Rating: Excellent
Tracer Bullet
*****
12,600 posts

Does the appetite enhancement of marijuana incur more calories than the amount of alcohol it takes to get equally inebriated?

____________________________
Na Zdrowie
#178 Sep 17 2012 at 4:13 PM Rating: Good
Sage
****
4,041 posts
I find the effects of marijuana on appetite encourage me to keep my hippie diet viable, because it makes everything taste fUcking delicious.
#179 Sep 18 2012 at 7:41 AM Rating: Good
******
44,522 posts
I can't do a hippie diet because everything I wouldn't be allowed to eat tastes fucking delicious.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#180 Sep 18 2012 at 7:48 AM Rating: Good
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
16,327 posts
lolgaxe wrote:
I can't do a hippie diet because everything I wouldn't be allowed to eat tastes fucking delicious.
I moved out to the country and ate a lot of peaches.

We had a bumper crop from our little tree this year and pulled them all this last weekend. They are SO good, but you can eat too many peaches. ......too many peaches...blug...


____________________________
Alma wrote:
Post and be happy!
#181 Sep 18 2012 at 8:01 AM Rating: Excellent
****
6,470 posts
Elinda wrote:
you can eat too many peaches. ......too many peaches...blug...



♫Millions of peaches, peaches for me
Millions of peaches, peaches for free♫
____________________________
Latest Articles:
Monaco: What's Yours is Mine Review

Follow me on Twitter!
#182 Sep 18 2012 at 9:09 AM Rating: Excellent
Caffeine Queen
*****
14,450 posts
Figured I'd do a quick update in that I went in to see an endocrinologist, and after giving about half my blood, it's been determined that I pretty much have hypothyroidism. Just started taking the lowest dosage of meds for it. If it works, I should start losing weight. If not, in three months they will up the dosage. While it sounds odd, I am so thankful to finally know I have a disorder.
____________________________
Uglysasquatch wrote:
DSD kicked Alma in the *** on another thread over the weekend. Clearly, she kicked too hard as he's obviously still feeling it.

Suburban Rebel Mom Blog
#183 Sep 19 2012 at 8:12 AM Rating: Good
Everyone's Oiran
Avatar
*****
15,923 posts
I know what you mean DSD. Nothing worse than having problems and not being able to explain to yourself or others that there really is something wrong, and what that wrong thing is. Hopefully you'll find some reputable literature on hypothyroidism, and the sorts of little lifestyle changes that will help with improving your condition. In my experience the right pharmaceutical for you can be a life altering thing for the better. But at the same time, modern pharmaceuticals haven't covered everything for me, and nutrient changes have filled in some of the gaps in a major way.
____________________________
<3

http://www.reddit.com/r/Forum4/
#184 Sep 19 2012 at 8:18 AM Rating: Decent
Prodigal Son
******
20,053 posts
Still 144#. You could calibrate a scale to me.
____________________________
publiusvarus wrote:
we all know liberals are well adjusted american citizens who only want what's best for society. While conservatives are evil money grubbing scum who only want to sh*t on the little man and rob the world of its resources.
#185 Sep 19 2012 at 9:27 AM Rating: Good
Everyone's Oiran
Avatar
*****
15,923 posts
An atomic scale?
____________________________
<3

http://www.reddit.com/r/Forum4/
#186 Sep 19 2012 at 9:41 AM Rating: Excellent
Guru
***
1,180 posts
Quote:
212 lbs, 43.1% body fat and my hydration levels are getting worse.

207.2 lbs, higher body fat (don't have the number to hand) and even worse hydration levels. Been making a conscious effort to drink more water, so hopefully that will improve by next week.

Still haven't fixed my bike.

Quote:
Next step for the diary is to add in portion sizes.

This didn't really work out, so instead I've reinstalled a calorie counting app on my phone and I'm going to be tracking everything using that instead. Going to try and up the amount of protein I eat as I don't seem to be getting as much as I should at the moment.
#187 Sep 19 2012 at 10:02 AM Rating: Good
Everyone's Oiran
Avatar
*****
15,923 posts
Ok, I don't know what it is about coconut water and hydration, but it just works for me. If I have a dry mouth, 6 glasses of water won't fix it for me. Sports drinks don't work. Coconut water works. I'm supposed to have extra potassium, because my cell walls are leaky and don't keep my potassium and sodium electrolytes separate, like they're supposed to be, so electrical messages between cells don't work too well in my body. Doctors tell me to cut the sodium and have oodles of potassium. I've taken large doses of potassium in tablets. I've eaten masses of bananas. NOTHING works for me like a big can of coconut water a day to keep my mouth wet, give me more energy, and take down my pain. I don't know if the potassium in coconut water is more "bioavailable" to the body, or if it's got anything else in its mix that makes my body happy. It just works. One 500ml can of coconut water, then ordinary water and drinks for the rest of the day.
____________________________
<3

http://www.reddit.com/r/Forum4/
#188 Sep 20 2012 at 12:14 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
******
27,906 posts
The One and Only Poldaran wrote:
The One and Only Poldaran wrote:
The One and Only Poldaran wrote:
333.8
331.9
330.7
333.1 Smiley: frown
#189 Sep 20 2012 at 3:24 AM Rating: Good
Everyone's Oiran
Avatar
*****
15,923 posts
Maybe it's extra muscle on you, not a return of fat? Really!
____________________________
<3

http://www.reddit.com/r/Forum4/
#190 Sep 20 2012 at 6:44 AM Rating: Good
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
16,327 posts
The One and Only Poldaran wrote:
The One and Only Poldaran wrote:
The One and Only Poldaran wrote:
The One and Only Poldaran wrote:
333.8
331.9
330.7
333.1 Smiley: frown

Uh oh. What happened?

Are you tracking your food intake?
____________________________
Alma wrote:
Post and be happy!
#191 Sep 20 2012 at 7:14 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
******
27,906 posts
Elinda wrote:
The One and Only Poldaran wrote:
The One and Only Poldaran wrote:
The One and Only Poldaran wrote:
The One and Only Poldaran wrote:
333.8
331.9
330.7
333.1 Smiley: frown

Uh oh. What happened?

Are you tracking your food intake?
My whole week's schedule has been screwed up because my cousin diedPlease don't feel the need to offer condolences. I hadn't seen her in 15 years and we've never been close. The reason it's relevant is because arranging for my parents to go to the funeral has kinda killed my schedule.. We've done little cooking and my sleep schedule has been shot(which has meant I've been drinking a bit more soda than normal for the caffeine).
#192 Sep 20 2012 at 7:23 AM Rating: Good
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
16,327 posts
The One and Only Poldaran wrote:
Elinda wrote:
The One and Only Poldaran wrote:
The One and Only Poldaran wrote:
The One and Only Poldaran wrote:
The One and Only Poldaran wrote:
333.8
331.9
330.7
333.1 Smiley: frown

Uh oh. What happened?

Are you tracking your food intake?
My whole week's schedule has been screwed up because my cousin diedPlease don't feel the need to offer condolences. I hadn't seen her in 15 years and we've never been close. The reason it's relevant is because arranging for my parents to go to the funeral has kinda killed my schedule.. We've done little cooking and my sleep schedule has been shot(which has meant I've been drinking a bit more soda than normal for the caffeine).

I'd suggest replacing the soda with black coffee. But black coffee is kinda my go to solution for all of life's problems.

Unexpected changes to our routine schedule seem to be common stumbling block when trying to make or break habit.

Anyways, hang in there.



Edited, Sep 20th 2012 3:23pm by Elinda
____________________________
Alma wrote:
Post and be happy!
#193 Sep 20 2012 at 8:52 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
******
27,906 posts
Elinda wrote:
I'd suggest replacing the soda with black coffee. But black coffee is kinda my go to solution for all of life's problems.
Problem with that is I can't stand coffee. Tea's a potential solution, but I like it sweet enough that it's not gonna help much. I'll be good once I've caught back up on sleep. Schedule changes are quite rare for me, so shouldn't be too bad as long as my other cousins learn that seat belts really are a good idea.
#194 Sep 20 2012 at 9:01 AM Rating: Good
Everyone's Oiran
Avatar
*****
15,923 posts
Listen to Elinda! Whether it's instant or "proper" coffee, having just plain coffee, with maybe a spoonful of sugar that YOU control, and some milk in it that YOU control, is SO much better for you and has SO much less calories than a soft drink, an "energy" drink, or one of those so called "coffee" abominations that's full of cream and syrup. For Syrup read flavoured sugar. If Jamie Oliver is to be believed, there's seven spoons of sugar in a regular glass of soft drink: It's there negating out the savoury bite of carbonation, and the bitterness of caffeine if it's a caffeinated drink.
____________________________
<3

http://www.reddit.com/r/Forum4/
#195 Sep 20 2012 at 9:10 AM Rating: Good
Everyone's Oiran
Avatar
*****
15,923 posts
The One and Only Poldaran wrote:
Elinda wrote:
I'd suggest replacing the soda with black coffee. But black coffee is kinda my go to solution for all of life's problems.
Problem with that is I can't stand coffee. Tea's a potential solution, but I like it sweet enough that it's not gonna help much. I'll be good once I've caught back up on sleep. Schedule changes are quite rare for me, so shouldn't be too bad as long as my other cousins learn that seat belts really are a good idea.

Oh. Bother. Well, there's a scientific paper that says an apple wakes you up more thoroughly and makes you more alert than a coffee does. Also, do a sum working out how much you pay per day, per week, per month and per year on soda. The amount of money that you could spend on something big that you'd love to have for yourself, if you just switched to drinking water throughout the day, was a huge motivator for me to switch to being a water drinker.
____________________________
<3

http://www.reddit.com/r/Forum4/
#196 Sep 20 2012 at 1:02 PM Rating: Good
Sage
****
4,041 posts
Stress is a *****, man. Since we're falling off wagons in here I'll throw my hat in the ring and admit I've returned to sucking on the ol' cancer stick for a few weeks here. It started out just a few a day, but now with more and more frequency. Ugh.

The interesting thing is in the same frame of time I've become much less interested in caffeine and sugar. Cigarettes are still cheaper than lattes though. Smiley: thumbsup
#197 Sep 20 2012 at 1:47 PM Rating: Good
Unforkgettable
*****
13,251 posts
I think I drank my whole week's allowance of beer last night. Smiley: lol Smiley: frown
____________________________
Banh
#198 Sep 20 2012 at 1:50 PM Rating: Good
******
27,272 posts
Spoonless wrote:
I think I drank my whole week's allowance of beer last night. Smiley: lol Smiley: frown
Wooh beer! Not so wooh not being able to drink more for the rest of the week.

Also, what did you have?
____________________________
Theophany wrote:
YOU'RE AN ELITIST @#%^ AETHIEN, NO WONDER YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS AND PEOPLE HATE YOU.
someproteinguy wrote:
Aethien you take more terrible pictures than a Japanese tourist.
Astarin wrote:
One day, Maz, you'll learn not to click on anything Aeth links.
#199 Sep 20 2012 at 2:18 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
******
27,906 posts
Aripyanfar wrote:
The One and Only Poldaran wrote:
Elinda wrote:
I'd suggest replacing the soda with black coffee. But black coffee is kinda my go to solution for all of life's problems.
Problem with that is I can't stand coffee. Tea's a potential solution, but I like it sweet enough that it's not gonna help much. I'll be good once I've caught back up on sleep. Schedule changes are quite rare for me, so shouldn't be too bad as long as my other cousins learn that seat belts really are a good idea.

Oh. Bother. Well, there's a scientific paper that says an apple wakes you up more thoroughly and makes you more alert than a coffee does. Also, do a sum working out how much you pay per day, per week, per month and per year on soda. The amount of money that you could spend on something big that you'd love to have for yourself, if you just switched to drinking water throughout the day, was a huge motivator for me to switch to being a water drinker.
In the last couple years, I've cut back from 1200+ calories per day(1500-1800 on weekends) of soda to ~300 a day(maybe 450 on weekends if we go out). Eventually, I'll cut it down further. But for right now, I'm okay with where I'm at, except for on the occasional slip up like this week.

Honestly, I think the pizza(and burgers, and chili dogs) that my diet consisted of did more harm than the extra soda or two a day over the last few days.
#200 Sep 20 2012 at 2:23 PM Rating: Good
Unforkgettable
*****
13,251 posts
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Spoonless wrote:
I think I drank my whole week's allowance of beer last night. Smiley: lol Smiley: frown
Wooh beer! Not so wooh not being able to drink more for the rest of the week.

Also, what did you have?
Ehh... Just the Narragansett Fest fall seasonal.

They went up in price on their seasonals, though. It used to be around $6.50 for a six-pack of tallboys; now it's over $8.50.

Edited, Sep 20th 2012 4:27pm by Spoonless
____________________________
Banh
#201 Sep 20 2012 at 2:30 PM Rating: Good
******
27,272 posts
Aww, no super fancy beers? Smiley: frown

And $8.50 for a sixpack of tall boys still isn't a bad price. Not great but not bad either.
____________________________
Theophany wrote:
YOU'RE AN ELITIST @#%^ AETHIEN, NO WONDER YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS AND PEOPLE HATE YOU.
someproteinguy wrote:
Aethien you take more terrible pictures than a Japanese tourist.
Astarin wrote:
One day, Maz, you'll learn not to click on anything Aeth links.
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 44 All times are in CST
TirithRR, trickybeck, Anonymous Guests (42)