Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

LBGT TerrorismFollow

#702 Oct 27 2012 at 8:03 AM Rating: Default
Avatar
****
9,046 posts
TirithRR wrote:
There's a reason why you didn't reply to my second example which also took into account that interpretation of the "B is closer to A than C".

Edited, Oct 27th 2012 8:08am by TirithRR


That was an obvious typo...

Quote:
Even if we go this route:

B-----A------C

A-----B
A------C

B is closer to A than C is.

A------C

A is close to C

B--------------C

B is not close to C (No matter how you choose to define "close" you can always move them to make B and C outside that range.)


Wrong in 2 accounts.

1. Subjectivity:

In order for B not be close to C, you would have to subjectively be biased. If the distance from A to C is considered "close", then you're saying that the distance is negligible. So, if you were to move "A" further away at a distance LESS than the distance between "A" and "C", it is sill close because that amount is even more negligible than the original distance between the two. It wouldn't go from "close" to "far".


2. Objectively: The fact that you can "move" around means that you can move B next to A, (i.e. replace A), which will be close to C, hence why the original comparison used "=" and not "closed by". I simply changed "=" to "close by" because we're talking about concepts and not physical things. There is no absolute objective way of measuring "close by", but you can objectively determine equality. If you subscribe to the belief that the distance between two objects is negligible ( the difference between miscegenation laws and SSM laws), then you are essentially saying that they are the same, in other words, equal. Which brings me back to my original comparison, If A = B and A = C, how does B not equal c?






Edited, Oct 27th 2012 4:04pm by Almalieque

Edited, Oct 27th 2012 4:04pm by Almalieque
____________________________
Demea wrote:
Almalieque wrote:

I'm biased against statistics
#703 Oct 27 2012 at 8:38 AM Rating: Default
Avatar
****
9,046 posts
Aripyanfar wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
Media != reality. Unfortunately, the media plays a major role on how others see you; however it isn't accurate. I see this as I travel the world. When people see me, they think what they see on T.V. and its embarrassing, but that's part of life.

According to the media, all blacks in Africa live in huts half naked starving with flies on them. I don't recall ever seeing any black urban shots of Africa. Everything you see is either in the jungle, Arab violence or in huts. With Arab Africa, you only see people shooting each other and violence. So, when people see the media, that's all they think Africa is.

Maybe according to the media you watch. Or the media available in the USA. The media window into Africa from Australia is MUCH more diverse than that, especially according to the more serious Foreign Correspondent documentaries/current affairs programmes on the TV and radio.


I just used Africa as an example. All media is the same. Your last post on US racial relations is evident that Australia is no different. It all goes back to money. The media shows what people want to see for ratings. That's why the news will focus on the same topics like storms, violence, court trials, etc. There's a lot of other stuff going on, but those things are not bringing in the ratings. All media is biased.
____________________________
Demea wrote:
Almalieque wrote:

I'm biased against statistics
#704 Oct 27 2012 at 9:04 AM Rating: Good
Supreme Lionator
*****
14,174 posts
Yes, that's correct.

I was briefly heartened but then I looked one post up.
____________________________
“Socialism never took root in America because the poor see themselves not as an exploited proletariat but as temporarily embarrassed millionaires.”
#705 Oct 27 2012 at 9:32 AM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
Almalieque wrote:
There's a reason why Jophiel didn't answer the question. He's smarter than you.

Really, it's because I'm smarter than you and your question is irrelevant. The reason why you're saying "A" and "B" instead of using real terms is because you know your argument will instantly fall apart.
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#706 Oct 27 2012 at 9:41 AM Rating: Default
Avatar
****
9,046 posts
Jophiel wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
There's a reason why Jophiel didn't answer the question. He's smarter than you.

Really, it's because I'm smarter than you and your question is irrelevant. The reason why you're saying "A" and "B" instead of using real terms is because you know your argument will instantly fall apart.


If I didn't use real terms FIRST, then maybe you would have a point. YOU were the one that wanted me to rephrase the question. When I did, you just went back to ignoring it. You stuck your foot in your mouth and now you can't think of anyway to back peddle out of it without it being too obvious.
____________________________
Demea wrote:
Almalieque wrote:

I'm biased against statistics
#707 Oct 27 2012 at 10:00 AM Rating: Excellent
Everyone's Oiran
Avatar
*****
15,923 posts
Almalieque wrote:
Aripyanfar wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
Media != reality. Unfortunately, the media plays a major role on how others see you; however it isn't accurate. I see this as I travel the world. When people see me, they think what they see on T.V. and its embarrassing, but that's part of life.

According to the media, all blacks in Africa live in huts half naked starving with flies on them. I don't recall ever seeing any black urban shots of Africa. Everything you see is either in the jungle, Arab violence or in huts. With Arab Africa, you only see people shooting each other and violence. So, when people see the media, that's all they think Africa is.

Maybe according to the media you watch. Or the media available in the USA. The media window into Africa from Australia is MUCH more diverse than that, especially according to the more serious Foreign Correspondent documentaries/current affairs programmes on the TV and radio.


I just used Africa as an example. All media is the same. Your last post on US racial relations is evident that Australia is no different. It all goes back to money. The media shows what people want to see for ratings. That's why the news will focus on the same topics like storms, violence, court trials, etc. There's a lot of other stuff going on, but those things are not bringing in the ratings. All media is biased.

You're the one that claimed that anti miscegenation laws were almost useless in the USA, since most African Americans married African Americans, and only a tiny minority of white or black people had any desire to marry one another.
____________________________
<3

http://www.reddit.com/r/Forum4/
#708 Oct 27 2012 at 10:06 AM Rating: Default
Avatar
****
9,046 posts
Aripyanfar wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
Aripyanfar wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
Media != reality. Unfortunately, the media plays a major role on how others see you; however it isn't accurate. I see this as I travel the world. When people see me, they think what they see on T.V. and its embarrassing, but that's part of life.

According to the media, all blacks in Africa live in huts half naked starving with flies on them. I don't recall ever seeing any black urban shots of Africa. Everything you see is either in the jungle, Arab violence or in huts. With Arab Africa, you only see people shooting each other and violence. So, when people see the media, that's all they think Africa is.

Maybe according to the media you watch. Or the media available in the USA. The media window into Africa from Australia is MUCH more diverse than that, especially according to the more serious Foreign Correspondent documentaries/current affairs programmes on the TV and radio.


I just used Africa as an example. All media is the same. Your last post on US racial relations is evident that Australia is no different. It all goes back to money. The media shows what people want to see for ratings. That's why the news will focus on the same topics like storms, violence, court trials, etc. There's a lot of other stuff going on, but those things are not bringing in the ratings. All media is biased.

You're the one that claimed that anti miscegenation laws were almost useless in the USA, since most African Americans married African Americans, and only a tiny minority of white or black people had any desire to marry one another.


That's not due to racism as you claimed, but natural attraction. It's not just white or black people but culture. People are naturally attracted to people of their own culture.
____________________________
Demea wrote:
Almalieque wrote:

I'm biased against statistics
#709 Oct 27 2012 at 11:48 AM Rating: Excellent
Alma wrote:
That's not due to racism as you claimed, but natural attraction. It's not just white or black people but culture. People are naturally attracted to people of their own culture.


Racist.
____________________________
"The Rich are there to take all of the money & pay none of the taxes, the middle class is there to do all the work and pay all the taxes, and the poor are there to scare the crap out of the middle class." -George Carlin


#710 Oct 27 2012 at 11:50 AM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
Almalieque wrote:
Jophiel wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
There's a reason why Jophiel didn't answer the question. He's smarter than you.
Really, it's because I'm smarter than you and your question is irrelevant. The reason why you're saying "A" and "B" instead of using real terms is because you know your argument will instantly fall apart.
If I didn't use real terms FIRST, then maybe you would have a point

The ones that got crushed when you tried to make the argument. Right Smiley: laugh
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#711Almalieque, Posted: Oct 27 2012 at 12:07 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) 7000!Smiley: grin
#712 Oct 27 2012 at 11:18 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
2,601 posts
Almalieque wrote:
There's a reason why Jophiel didn't answer the question. He's smarter than you. Give up, you will only make a fool of yourself.

[quote=Tirith]B-------------------------------------------------A--C

B-------------------------------------------------A
B-----------------------------------------------------C

B is closer to A than C.


HAHA YOUR DUMB!
____________________________
Dandruffshampoo wrote:
Curses, beaten by Professor stupidopo-opo.
Annabella, Goblin in Disguise wrote:
Stupidmonkey is more organized than a bag of raccoons.
#713 Oct 28 2012 at 5:07 AM Rating: Good
Everyone's Oiran
Avatar
*****
15,923 posts
Almalieque wrote:
That's not due to racism as you claimed, but natural attraction. It's not just white or black people but culture. People are naturally attracted to people of their own culture.


False.

People are most naturally attracted to people who have the "opposite" immunotype to their own. Unless the woman is on the contraceptive pill, in which case people will be attracted to others with the same immunotype as their own.

People are also naturally attracted to other people who look like themselves. This does not usually involve hair, skin or eye colour but much more usually involves bone structure, and the 3D modelling of their facial and body features.
____________________________
<3

http://www.reddit.com/r/Forum4/
#714Almalieque, Posted: Oct 28 2012 at 6:33 AM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) So the fact that Asians tend to marry Asians, Hispanics tend to marry Hispanics, Blacks tend to marry Blacks and Whites tend to marry Whites is due to world wide racism?
#715 Oct 28 2012 at 9:18 AM Rating: Excellent
Everyone's Oiran
Avatar
*****
15,923 posts
Obviously in a nation without much immigration or outside internet access, people are going to have relationships mostly with people of the same race. It is simply a matter of propinquity.

But in mixed race communities, especially nations that are mostly populated by immigrants and their descendants, Whether or not members of the same race, religion, or national heritage marry in or marry out becomes a much more interesting cultural question.

For example, of four Sri-Lankan Australians I was best friends with while living in Bendigo, one married a Dutch-Australian, one married an Anglo Australian, one dated mainly Anglo girls, and the fourth one was the only one to marry another Sri-Lankan Australian. However of that last double Sri-Lankan Australian partnership, one was Anglican and the other Bhuddist. So on their wedding day they first had an Anglican cathedral wedding in the morning, followed by a traditional Buddhist wedding in the afternoon. They are teaching their children about both Anglican and Buddhist ideas, and leaving their kids to fall where they may when they grow up.

Edited, Oct 28th 2012 11:31am by Aripyanfar
____________________________
<3

http://www.reddit.com/r/Forum4/
#716 Oct 28 2012 at 10:13 AM Rating: Default
Avatar
****
9,046 posts
Aripyanfar wrote:
Obviously in a nation without much immigration or outside internet access, people are going to have relationships mostly with people of the same race. It is simply a matter of propinquity.

But in mixed race communities, especially nations that are mostly populated by immigrants and their descendants, Whether or not members of the same race, religion, or national heritage marry in or marry out becomes a much more interesting cultural question.

For example, of four Sri-Lankan Australians I was best friends with while living in Bendigo, one married a Dutch-Australian, one married an Anglo Australian, one dated mainly Anglo girls, and the fourth one was the only one to marry another Sri-Lankan Australian. However of that last double Sri-Lankan Australian partnership, one was Anglican and the other Bhuddist. So on their wedding day they first had an Anglican cathedral wedding in the morning, followed by a traditional Buddhist wedding in the afternoon. They are teaching their children about both Anglican and Buddhist ideas, and leaving their kids to fall where they may when they grow up.

Edited, Oct 28th 2012 11:31am by Aripyanfar


I'm not referring to countries with little immigration or Internet access. Nor am I denying the fact that people marry outside of their cultures. My claim is that most people marry within their culture, else, there wouldn't much "tradition", because life would be different for each person.

That is accurate for people of the same skin color as well. If you walk in a room and see two people wearing sports jerseys, one of your favorite team and another of a team you despise, you're more likely to talk to the person who is wearing your favorite teams jersey. The same applies here, most people like to date people that they can relate to. That's not true for everyone, but that isn't racism either. "People they relate to" can be people of different skin colors, nationality and culture, just more times than not, it isn't.

P.S. I never had interest in going to Australia, but I am moving back to that side of the world, so I will definitely visit within the next 3 years. I might need to get some advice and tips before I go.
____________________________
Demea wrote:
Almalieque wrote:

I'm biased against statistics
#717 Oct 28 2012 at 3:27 PM Rating: Excellent
Soulless Internet Tiger
******
34,742 posts
Almalieque wrote:
I might need to get some advice and tips before I go.
You have got to visit the outback and I recommend doing it without a guide.
____________________________
Donate. One day it could be your family.
Need a hotel at a great rate? More hotels being added weekly.

An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come. Victor Hugo

#718Almalieque, Posted: Oct 28 2012 at 3:49 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) I'm not the guy that goes in the woods to find out where the sounds are coming from.
#719 Oct 28 2012 at 4:11 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
He's the guy who sits in the woods, making noises and trying to lure other men in.
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#720 Oct 28 2012 at 4:18 PM Rating: Default
Avatar
****
9,046 posts
And yet you keep falling for it...
____________________________
Demea wrote:
Almalieque wrote:

I'm biased against statistics
#721 Oct 28 2012 at 5:27 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
I'm sure that sounded better in your head Smiley: laugh
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#722 Oct 28 2012 at 5:45 PM Rating: Default
Avatar
****
9,046 posts
There you go...
____________________________
Demea wrote:
Almalieque wrote:

I'm biased against statistics
#723 Oct 28 2012 at 6:19 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
You're talking to someone with 59,530 posts (as of this posting).

So... congratulations on your masterful attempts to make me post! Quite the coup!
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#724 Oct 28 2012 at 6:22 PM Rating: Excellent
I thought you had TILT posts. YOUR WHOLE ACCOUNT IS A LIE! Smiley: madSmiley: madSmiley: mad
____________________________
01001001 00100000 01001100 01001001 01001011 01000101 00100000 01000011 01000001 01001011 01000101
You'll always be stupid, you'll just be stupid with more information in your brain
Forum FAQ
#725 Oct 28 2012 at 6:27 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
I'm going to break 60k and not realize it due to "Tilt" Smiley: laugh
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#726 Oct 28 2012 at 6:30 PM Rating: Excellent
Will swallow your soul
******
28,301 posts
Probably in this thread.

____________________________
In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

#727 Oct 28 2012 at 6:33 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
In the words of American poet and thespian William Smith, "Aw, **** naw!"

Anyone wants me, I'll be spamming in the Warhammer Online forum.
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#728 Oct 28 2012 at 7:19 PM Rating: Default
Avatar
****
9,046 posts
Jophiel wrote:
You're talking to someone with 59,530 posts (as of this posting).

So... congratulations on your masterful attempts to make me post! Quite the coup!


Smiley: lol You say that with a straight face and still believe it's about you.... Aren't you the smart one... Come I have S'mores on the fire!
____________________________
Demea wrote:
Almalieque wrote:

I'm biased against statistics
#729 Oct 28 2012 at 8:28 PM Rating: Excellent
****
5,684 posts
Almalieque wrote:
Jophiel wrote:
You're talking to someone with 59,530 posts (as of this posting).

So... congratulations on your masterful attempts to make me post! Quite the coup!


Smiley: lol You say that with a straight face and still believe it's about you.... Aren't you the smart one... Come I have S'mores on the fire!

I'm asuming s'mores is some sort of interracial buttsecks innuendo.
____________________________
Almalieque wrote:
I admit that I was wrong

God bless Lili St. Cyr
#730 Oct 28 2012 at 9:05 PM Rating: Excellent
Gurue
*****
16,289 posts
Almalieque wrote:
Jophiel wrote:
You're talking to someone with 59,530 posts (as of this posting).

So... congratulations on your masterful attempts to make me post! Quite the coup!


Smiley: lol You say that with a straight face and still believe it's about you.... Aren't you the smart one... Come I have S'mores on the fire!

Smiley: banghead

God, I wish you were trolling.

Edited, Oct 28th 2012 11:05pm by Nadenu
#731 Oct 28 2012 at 10:35 PM Rating: Good
Repressed Memories
******
20,585 posts
Remember when Almalieque tricked everyone into rating him down? Careful Joph; he's got you right where he wants you.
#732 Oct 29 2012 at 1:04 AM Rating: Excellent
Everyone's Oiran
Avatar
*****
15,923 posts
Almalieque wrote:
Jophiel wrote:
You're talking to someone with 59,530 posts (as of this posting).

So... congratulations on your masterful attempts to make me post! Quite the coup!


Smiley: lol You say that with a straight face and still believe it's about you.... Aren't you the smart one... Come I have S'mores on the fire!

I bet you think this post is about you!
About you! About you!
____________________________
<3

http://www.reddit.com/r/Forum4/
#733 Oct 29 2012 at 7:20 AM Rating: Good
******
44,275 posts
Allegory wrote:
Careful Joph; he's got you right where he wants you.
As far as evil geniuses are concerned, he's Paste Pot Pete.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#734 Oct 29 2012 at 12:13 PM Rating: Good
****
6,470 posts
Allegory wrote:
Remember when Almalieque tricked everyone into rating him down? Careful Joph; he's got you right where he wants you.


I, in that thread wrote:
Ah, the old "I'm upset over being rated down, so I'll protect my ego by pretending it was all some big social experiment that I was the puppet master of!" technique.


Alma, in response wrote:
If I were "upset", then I wouldn't go around calling people idiots and constantly arguing with people.


Good times.

Edited, Oct 29th 2012 2:14pm by Eske
____________________________
Latest Articles:
Monaco: What's Yours is Mine Review

Follow me on Twitter!
#735 Oct 29 2012 at 3:42 PM Rating: Default
Avatar
****
9,046 posts
Almalieque wrote:
If I were "upset", then I wouldn't go around calling people idiots and constantly arguing with people.
____________________________
Demea wrote:
Almalieque wrote:

I'm biased against statistics
#736 Oct 29 2012 at 5:55 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
****
9,355 posts
this thread is lowering my IQ
____________________________
lolgaxe wrote:
When it comes to sitting around not doing anything for long periods of time, only being active for short windows, and marginal changes and sidegrades I'd say FFXI players were the perfect choice for politicians.

clicky
#738 Oct 30 2012 at 4:43 AM Rating: Good
Whats a "B8r3oo25ks" & why should I care?

____________________________
"The Rich are there to take all of the money & pay none of the taxes, the middle class is there to do all the work and pay all the taxes, and the poor are there to scare the crap out of the middle class." -George Carlin


#739 Oct 30 2012 at 6:47 AM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
Probably a spam bot building up posts. That was a quote from me.
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#740 Oct 30 2012 at 7:02 AM Rating: Good
Unforkgettable
*****
13,251 posts
He's a master B8r.
____________________________
Banh
#741 Oct 30 2012 at 7:28 AM Rating: Good
******
44,275 posts
Faceroll name, awesome.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#742 Oct 30 2012 at 7:30 AM Rating: Good
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
16,216 posts
Jophiel wrote:
Probably a spam bot building up posts. That was a quote from me.

That's sort of bizarre behavior. Or maybe it was just a glitch in the matrix.
____________________________
Alma wrote:
Post and be happy!
#743 Nov 04 2012 at 1:04 PM Rating: Default
Avatar
****
9,046 posts
http://www.billoreilly.com/video?chartID=610&vid=591224912269703777

The Bishops in discussion hit my point right on the nail in the comparison of struggles..
____________________________
Demea wrote:
Almalieque wrote:

I'm biased against statistics
#744 Nov 04 2012 at 1:19 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
I was this close to watching before the chick in the orange jumpsuit distracted me.
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#745 Nov 04 2012 at 1:29 PM Rating: Default
Avatar
****
9,046 posts
That's a good segment as well on women voters.

I saw a biased anti-Romney clip that was pretty hilarious. The reporter went to a Romney event asking people on why they support Romney and against President Obama and it became apparent that they had no real reason. The funniest thing is when the people didn't even realize that the reporter was ridiculing them. I'm sure the exact opposite would apply for President Obama.

http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshhDmOGK6R1jE107LPk
____________________________
Demea wrote:
Almalieque wrote:

I'm biased against statistics
#746 Nov 04 2012 at 2:17 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
Any sort of "Man on the street interview" reporting is useless except for laughs. Talk to X many people, pick the answers that best fit your narrative and make a "story" out of them.
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#747 Nov 04 2012 at 4:38 PM Rating: Default
Avatar
****
9,046 posts
Exactly... I'm sure there were people with educated responses and those same people can be found supporting Obama. Anyway, let's not turn this into another political thread.. I just wanted to demonstrate that my thought wasn't a foreign concept.
____________________________
Demea wrote:
Almalieque wrote:

I'm biased against statistics
#748 Nov 04 2012 at 5:16 PM Rating: Good
Alma wrote:
I just wanted to demonstrate that my thought wasn't a foreign concept.


Nah, its a minority opinion though (like miscegenation was) that is eventually being overturned in the courts. See=> DADT. If Obama's re-election happens, DOMA's probably going bye-bye too.
____________________________
"The Rich are there to take all of the money & pay none of the taxes, the middle class is there to do all the work and pay all the taxes, and the poor are there to scare the crap out of the middle class." -George Carlin


#749 Nov 04 2012 at 9:31 PM Rating: Default
Avatar
****
9,046 posts
I don't think the LBGT community was a big target audience this time around. I did see the MTV interview with President Obama and he did state his position. Even though it changed.
____________________________
Demea wrote:
Almalieque wrote:

I'm biased against statistics
#750 Nov 05 2012 at 7:17 PM Rating: Default
Encyclopedia
******
31,875 posts
Jophiel wrote:
Any sort of "Man on the street interview" reporting is useless except for laughs. Talk to X many people, pick the answers that best fit your narrative and make a "story" out of them.


What? You're saying that the 5 people who couldn't locate the US on a globe aren't indicative of college age citizens? I'm shocked!
____________________________
King Nobby wrote:
More words please
#751Almalieque, Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 7:41 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Just like polls that show most of the US is in favor of SSM, even though the states aren't implementing SSM when there is nothing preventing the states from implementing it...Smiley: rolleyes
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 52 All times are in CST
TherealLogros, Uglysasquatch, Anonymous Guests (50)