Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

Pre-Convention Election Round-UpFollow

#402 Sep 01 2012 at 6:48 PM Rating: Excellent
Nexa
*****
11,982 posts
After reading a bunch of articles about the speech, I finally got around to watching the whole thing and honestly, I'm not sure what all the fuss is about. Clint was stumbling a bit, and yeah, I guess he rambled on and all that, but it hardly seemed like something I would have even thought much of after the fact had I seen it live. It did come off unscripted and a bit silly, but he seemed to be going for laughs, not drama...it was light-hearted...I really don't understand why the media seems so "ohmygosh, he just lost the election for Romney!" about it. Did I get distracted and miss him saying Romney eats babies or something?

Nexa
____________________________
“It has always been the prerogative of children and half-wits to point out that the emperor has no clothes. But a half-wit remains a half-wit, and the emperor remains an emperor.”
― Neil Gaiman, The Sandman, Vol. 9: The Kindly Ones
#403 Sep 01 2012 at 8:05 PM Rating: Excellent
Gurue
*****
16,289 posts
Nexa wrote:
Did I get distracted and miss him saying Romney eats babies or something?

Nexa

As a matter of fact...
#404 Sep 01 2012 at 8:09 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
I imagine seeing it live had more impact than seeing it after a bunch of stories hyping it up.
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#405 Sep 02 2012 at 1:17 AM Rating: Excellent
******
27,272 posts
Jophiel wrote:
Muslim Obama! Homebrewing terrorism.... or beer?
I'm somewhat tempted to get a homebrewing kit and make the honey porter myself, not so much because it's the white house brew but because a honey porter sounds pretty **** good.

Edited, Sep 2nd 2012 9:19am by Aethien
____________________________
Theophany wrote:
YOU'RE AN ELITIST @#%^ AETHIEN, NO WONDER YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS AND PEOPLE HATE YOU.
someproteinguy wrote:
Aethien you take more terrible pictures than a Japanese tourist.
Astarin wrote:
One day, Maz, you'll learn not to click on anything Aeth links.
#406 Sep 02 2012 at 6:04 AM Rating: Excellent
Will swallow your soul
******
28,264 posts
I'm not so sure about having a beer with Obama. Have you ever had a beer with a brewing enthusiast? It's like talking religion with a new convert. Sheesh, shut up and let me drink my beer already.

____________________________
In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

#407 Sep 02 2012 at 6:30 AM Rating: Good
****
6,470 posts
I'm not sure how authentic the whole 'beer enthusiast' thing is. Seems like political strategy paint by numbers...Romney doesn't drink, after all.

Edited, Sep 2nd 2012 8:31am by Eske
____________________________
Latest Articles:
Monaco: What's Yours is Mine Review

Follow me on Twitter!
#408 Sep 02 2012 at 7:49 AM Rating: Excellent
Gurue
*****
16,289 posts
Eske Esquire wrote:
Romney doesn't drink, after all.

Edited, Sep 2nd 2012 8:31am by Eske

Another reason not to vote for him. Smiley: boozing
#409 Sep 02 2012 at 8:15 AM Rating: Excellent
******
27,272 posts
Eske Esquire wrote:
I'm not sure how authentic the whole 'beer enthusiast' thing is. Seems like political strategy paint by numbers...Romney doesn't drink, after all.
I'm guessing it's part I like beer mixed with influence from Michelle for the homegrown part. Add to that that a homebrewing kit isn't exactly expensive for the president and that he's got a private chef to do the brewing for him and that's that.

It'd be a pretty poor political strategy although it doesn't hurt that it makes him a little more likeable compared to Romney.
____________________________
Theophany wrote:
YOU'RE AN ELITIST @#%^ AETHIEN, NO WONDER YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS AND PEOPLE HATE YOU.
someproteinguy wrote:
Aethien you take more terrible pictures than a Japanese tourist.
Astarin wrote:
One day, Maz, you'll learn not to click on anything Aeth links.
#410 Sep 02 2012 at 10:20 AM Rating: Good
Sage
****
4,041 posts
Eske Esquire wrote:
I'm not sure how authentic the whole 'beer enthusiast' thing is. Seems like political strategy paint by numbers...Romney doesn't drink, after all.

Edited, Sep 2nd 2012 8:31am by Eske


Smiley: dubious Yeah, just election year rhetoric.
#411 Sep 02 2012 at 12:12 PM Rating: Good
****
6,470 posts
Guenny wrote:
Eske Esquire wrote:
I'm not sure how authentic the whole 'beer enthusiast' thing is. Seems like political strategy paint by numbers...Romney doesn't drink, after all.

Edited, Sep 2nd 2012 8:31am by Eske


Smiley: dubious Yeah, just election year rhetoric.


I'm not sure whether that's intended to support my suggestion, or oppose it.
____________________________
Latest Articles:
Monaco: What's Yours is Mine Review

Follow me on Twitter!
#412 Sep 02 2012 at 12:42 PM Rating: Good
Sage
****
4,041 posts
I just thought that beer always kind of was one of Obama's "things", like basketball, a genuine hobby that the media has been attracted to since the beginning. I don't think any of it was in anticipation of sober Romney. In fact, the article says he bought the homebrewing equipment last year.
#413 Sep 02 2012 at 1:25 PM Rating: Excellent
******
27,272 posts
On a sidenote, according to Michelle Bachmann, Obama is too wealthy to be able to connect to the American public and that's why you should vote for Romney.
____________________________
Theophany wrote:
YOU'RE AN ELITIST @#%^ AETHIEN, NO WONDER YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS AND PEOPLE HATE YOU.
someproteinguy wrote:
Aethien you take more terrible pictures than a Japanese tourist.
Astarin wrote:
One day, Maz, you'll learn not to click on anything Aeth links.
#414 Sep 02 2012 at 2:06 PM Rating: Excellent
******
43,984 posts
Jesus Christ she looks like a Necromancer.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#415 Sep 02 2012 at 2:08 PM Rating: Good
Sage
****
4,041 posts
Yeah, I wasn't sure if it was the camera angle or if she looked especially gaunt.

Edited, Sep 2nd 2012 3:09pm by Guenny
#416 Sep 02 2012 at 3:03 PM Rating: Decent
****
6,470 posts
Guenny wrote:
I just thought that beer always kind of was one of Obama's "things", like basketball, a genuine hobby that the media has been attracted to since the beginning. I don't think any of it was in anticipation of sober Romney. In fact, the article says he bought the homebrewing equipment last year.


A very cursory google session seems to validate my supposition. I don't recall drinking being a very central aspect of his character during his first election run (this link says the same, though admittedly it doesn't offer any citation, save a quote where he appears to indirectly dismiss other candidates for drinking for the cameras). It also suggests that he doesn't seem to really drink many of the beers that he orders at press events.

The quotes, the photo ops, etc., all rings quite a bit false to me. But it's also completely trivial, so I've got no problem with it. Besides, maybe all the faking will cause him to acquire a taste for it. Smiley: tongue

Edited, Sep 2nd 2012 5:06pm by Eske
____________________________
Latest Articles:
Monaco: What's Yours is Mine Review

Follow me on Twitter!
#417 Sep 02 2012 at 3:23 PM Rating: Good
Worst. Title. Ever!
*****
14,965 posts
Well, imagine the backlash if a President or Presidential candidate just openly talks about how they like drinking all the time.

****, I read some pretty stupid comments about that time he sat down with the officer and the Harvard professor over a beer commenting about how a man in his position shouldn't ever be drinking alcohol.
____________________________
Can't sleep, clown will eat me.
#418 Sep 02 2012 at 4:44 PM Rating: Decent
Prodigal Son
*****
19,982 posts
Only socialist Muslims brew beer!
____________________________
publiusvarus wrote:
we all know liberals are well adjusted american citizens who only want what's best for society. While conservatives are evil money grubbing scum who only want to sh*t on the little man and rob the world of its resources.
#419 Sep 02 2012 at 8:08 PM Rating: Excellent
Gurue
*****
16,289 posts
TirithRR wrote:
Well, imagine the backlash if a President or Presidential candidate just openly talks about how they like drinking enjoy acting like normal people all the time.

#420 Sep 03 2012 at 12:14 AM Rating: Good
******
27,272 posts
Guenny wrote:
Yeah, I wasn't sure if it was the camera angle or if she looked especially gaunt.

Edited, Sep 2nd 2012 3:09pm by Guenny
They're shining a fairly strong light right into her face, that pretty much makes anyone look bad.
____________________________
Theophany wrote:
YOU'RE AN ELITIST @#%^ AETHIEN, NO WONDER YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS AND PEOPLE HATE YOU.
someproteinguy wrote:
Aethien you take more terrible pictures than a Japanese tourist.
Astarin wrote:
One day, Maz, you'll learn not to click on anything Aeth links.
#421 Sep 03 2012 at 8:24 AM Rating: Excellent
******
27,272 posts
And more truly helpful support for Romney.

tl;dr: Coal mine owner gives republicans lots of money, Romney comes to visit, owner closes his mine, forces employees to attend and docks them a day of pay.
____________________________
Theophany wrote:
YOU'RE AN ELITIST @#%^ AETHIEN, NO WONDER YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS AND PEOPLE HATE YOU.
someproteinguy wrote:
Aethien you take more terrible pictures than a Japanese tourist.
Astarin wrote:
One day, Maz, you'll learn not to click on anything Aeth links.
#422 Sep 03 2012 at 8:46 AM Rating: Excellent
Will swallow your soul
******
28,264 posts
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
And more truly helpful support for Romney.

tl;dr: Coal mine owner gives republicans lots of money, Romney comes to visit, owner closes his mine, forces employees to attend and docks them a day of pay.



The sad part? Nothing about this is surprising in the least degree.
____________________________
In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

#423 Sep 03 2012 at 12:09 PM Rating: Good
******
21,717 posts
Samira wrote:
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
And more truly helpful support for Romney.

tl;dr: Coal mine owner gives republicans lots of money, Romney comes to visit, owner closes his mine, forces employees to attend and docks them a day of pay.



The sad part? Nothing about this is surprising in the least degree.


I found this pretty sad too...
Quote:
Asked by WWVA radio’s Blomquist about the allegations on Monday’s show, Murray chief operating officer Robert Moore said: “Attendance was mandatory but no one was forced to attend the event.”


Smiley: dubious
____________________________
R.I.P. Jessica M. 5/3/2010
This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.
gbaji wrote:
You guys keep tossing facts out there like they mean something.


#424 Sep 03 2012 at 8:56 PM Rating: Excellent
***
1,877 posts
ITT - Sure we would fire them if they didn't show up but we didn't put a gun to their head!
____________________________
#swaggerjacker
#425 Sep 04 2012 at 2:41 AM Rating: Good
**
585 posts
Yeah thats the way to get your employees to vote for the guy you want.
____________________________
.
#426 Sep 04 2012 at 5:22 AM Rating: Excellent
Will swallow your soul
******
28,264 posts
No marks = no coercion.
____________________________
In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

#427 Sep 04 2012 at 7:41 AM Rating: Good
******
43,984 posts
So I got two texts on the way to work yesterday. One, that Michael Clark Duncan died, and the other being a link to something Rush Limbaugh said a couple of months ago about how it was convenient that the name of the villain in the new Batman movie was Bane. Not that it was convenient it was Bane, but that he was named Bane. It was maybe a paragraph worth of Rush spouting how the liberal media is coercing people to vote Democrat, and then I realized I didn't have to go to work yesterday.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#428 Sep 04 2012 at 8:15 AM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
Tell your texts to be more timely. Is Batman even still in theaters?
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#429 Sep 04 2012 at 8:23 AM Rating: Good
******
43,984 posts
According to Flixster it is.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#430 Sep 04 2012 at 8:37 AM Rating: Decent
Prodigal Son
*****
19,982 posts
Maybe it's hit second-runs already. Though I'm still waiting for Avengers to hit the $2 theater.
____________________________
publiusvarus wrote:
we all know liberals are well adjusted american citizens who only want what's best for society. While conservatives are evil money grubbing scum who only want to sh*t on the little man and rob the world of its resources.
#431 Sep 04 2012 at 8:43 AM Rating: Good
***
1,877 posts
lolgaxe wrote:
So I got two texts on the way to work yesterday. One, that Michael Clark Duncan died, and the other being a link to something Rush Limbaugh said a couple of months ago about how it was convenient that the name of the villain in the new Batman movie was Bane. Not that it was convenient it was Bane, but that he was named Bane. It was maybe a paragraph worth of Rush spouting how the liberal media is coercing people to vote Democrat, and then I realized I didn't have to go to work yesterday.


Duncan died?!? Nooooooooo! He was one of my favorite big teddy bears. Smiley: frown
____________________________
#swaggerjacker
#432gbaji, Posted: Sep 04 2012 at 5:34 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Gonna go on a limb and assume that the word "Work" is intended to be in front of the word "attendance". Meaning that it was a work day, people were expected to show up, but during the event itself the mine was shut down and they were off the clock and free to do whatever they wanted. Which is pretty much exactly how you'd expect such an event to be managed. I'd assume they do the exact same thing every time Obama tours some factory somewhere. It's just selective reporting is all.
#433 Sep 04 2012 at 5:45 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
Well, as long as you guess it's true....
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#434 Sep 04 2012 at 6:21 PM Rating: Default
Encyclopedia
******
31,767 posts
Jophiel wrote:
Well, as long as you guess it's true....


The article is a butchery of the English language, full of holes and whatnot, but two relevant portions:

Quote:
The wife of an hourly employee at the Century mine said in an interview with the Washington Bureau the event was mandatory, and that workers were told to arrive at 8 a.m. to a local school, where they registered to attend the rally and then waited much of the day to be bused to the mine.


Quote:
The mine worker’s wife said her husband did not attend the rally and so far hasn’t faced any repercussions.


It appears as though the only mandatory thing was showing up and deciding whether one wished to attend the rally. Clearly, her husband wasn't forced to attend, choose not to attend, and suffered no ill effects for that choice. So where's the problem here? I'm not sure if there was supposed to be another phrase in that sentence ("arrive at 8 a.m. to a local school" makes no sense at all), but it sounds like they were required to report "somewhere" as though it was a normal workday, at which point those who wished to attend the rally could, and those who didn't want to could go back home. No one got paid for the time, but that's not unusual.

While the article reports that people were forced to attend the event, that's editorializing by the author, and presumably is coming from his source (the radio guy), none of the actual accounts of the actual workers shows that they were required to attend the event itself. Poor journalism, nothing more. Get back to me when there's some sort of actual evidence of this. If this actually happened, it would be illegal (requiring workers to attend an event, but not paying them is a violation of labor laws whether one is a member of a union or not despite some pretty pathetic hinting to the contrary by the writer), so where are the folks filing lawsuits, or going to their local labor boards? Instead, we're supposed to just accept that since some people allegedly (and anonymously) claimed this on some guys talk show that it must be true?


I'm not saying that something like this can't happen, but this is kinda weak evidence to go on.

Edited, Sep 4th 2012 5:24pm by gbaji
____________________________
King Nobby wrote:
More words please
#435 Sep 04 2012 at 8:19 PM Rating: Good
******
21,717 posts
gbaji wrote:
Jophiel wrote:
Well, as long as you guess it's true....


The article is a butchery of the English language, full of holes and whatnot, but two relevant portions:

Quote:
The wife of an hourly employee at the Century mine said in an interview with the Washington Bureau the event was mandatory, and that workers were told to arrive at 8 a.m. to a local school, where they registered to attend the rally and then waited much of the day to be bused to the mine.


Quote:
The mine worker’s wife said her husband did not attend the rally and so far hasn’t faced any repercussions.


It appears as though the only mandatory thing was showing up and deciding whether one wished to attend the rally. Clearly, her husband wasn't forced to attend, choose not to attend, and suffered no ill effects for that choice. So where's the problem here? I'm not sure if there was supposed to be another phrase in that sentence ("arrive at 8 a.m. to a local school" makes no sense at all), but it sounds like they were required to report "somewhere" as though it was a normal workday, at which point those who wished to attend the rally could, and those who didn't want to could go back home. No one got paid for the time, but that's not unusual.

While the article reports that people were forced to attend the event, that's editorializing by the author, and presumably is coming from his source (the radio guy), none of the actual accounts of the actual workers shows that they were required to attend the event itself. Poor journalism, nothing more. Get back to me when there's some sort of actual evidence of this. If this actually happened, it would be illegal (requiring workers to attend an event, but not paying them is a violation of labor laws whether one is a member of a union or not despite some pretty pathetic hinting to the contrary by the writer), so where are the folks filing lawsuits, or going to their local labor boards? Instead, we're supposed to just accept that since some people allegedly (and anonymously) claimed this on some guys talk show that it must be true?


I'm not saying that something like this can't happen, but this is kinda weak evidence to go on.

Edited, Sep 4th 2012 5:24pm by gbaji



Hi, idiot. Here's the context for you.

Quote:
Murray closed the mine the day of the rally, saying it was necessary for security and safety, then docked miners the day's pay. Asked by WWVA radio’s Blomquist about the allegations on Monday’s show, Murray chief operating officer Robert Moore said: “Attendance was mandatory but no one was forced to attend the event.”


They may not have been required to attend the event itself, but working their regular shift was taken away as an option, as was the pay involved in working that shift.

******* dumb ***.
____________________________
R.I.P. Jessica M. 5/3/2010
This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.
gbaji wrote:
You guys keep tossing facts out there like they mean something.


#436 Sep 04 2012 at 9:23 PM Rating: Good
Sage
****
4,041 posts
Quote:
No one got paid for the time, but that's not unusual.


Oh, yes, just another day at work, I show up and don't get paid. Nothing unusual about that scenario.
#437 Sep 04 2012 at 9:31 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
gbaji previously wrote:
I'd assume they do the exact same thing every time Obama tours some factory somewhere

gbaji wrote:
No one got paid for the time, but that's not unusual.

I love how Gbaji has gone from straight-up guessing that ("I bet it's the same with Obama") to citing his previous guess from not even an hour prior as fact ("that's not unusual"). Smiley: laugh
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#438 Sep 05 2012 at 7:01 AM Rating: Good
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
16,065 posts
Here's a radio interview with a spokesperson from the mine.
____________________________
Alma wrote:
Post and be happy!
#439 Sep 05 2012 at 7:21 AM Rating: Good
******
43,984 posts
Jophiel wrote:
I love how Gbaji has gone from straight-up guessing that ("I bet it's the same with Obama") to citing his previous guess from not even an hour prior as fact ("that's not unusual"). Smiley: laugh
His posts are a butchery of the English language, full of holes and whatnot.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#440 Sep 05 2012 at 2:57 PM Rating: Good
I am going to make that Honey Porter. I'm just about done drinking my nut brown ale and am looking for something new to try out.
____________________________
Love,
PunkFloyd
#441 Sep 05 2012 at 4:52 PM Rating: Default
Encyclopedia
******
31,767 posts
Quote:
Murray closed the mine the day of the rally, saying it was necessary for security and safety, then docked miners the day's pay.


Um... They didn't get paid for work they didn't do. I'm not sure what your point is. When the mine is shut down, the workers, who are not working in the mine that day, do not get paid. This is normal. In fact, it would have been illegal for them to pay the workers since this was a political event. It's a violation of election laws to pay workers to attend political rallies. So your big bolded statement just tells us that they obeyed the election rules. WTF?

Quote:
Asked by WWVA radio’s Blomquist about the allegations on Monday’s show, Murray chief operating officer Robert Moore said: “Attendance was mandatory but no one was forced to attend the event.”


Yeah. What part of that quote makes you think that there's nothing we're missing about it. If you take it literally, it's self contradictory. But instead of attempting to find a meaning that would resolve that contradiction, you just ignore it and pretend that the second half just wasn't said at all.

Quote:
They may not have been required to attend the event itself, but working their regular shift was taken away as an option, as was the pay involved in working that shift.


Yup. In accordance with election laws. As I pointed out earlier, this is exactly what is done every time Obama shows up at some factory somewhere for a political event/tour/speech/whatever. It's required by law. All those guys standing around in hard hats when Obama does this? Showing him the latest car, solar panel, or widget they're working on? None of them get paid for doing that. And everyone who didn't want to attend the event are standing around outside on an extended smoke break not getting paid either.


The only thing unusual about this is that the media has decided to make it seem like it's unusual.

Quote:
@#%^ing dumb ***.


Lol! Really? Ignorance is bliss I guess.
____________________________
King Nobby wrote:
More words please
#442 Sep 05 2012 at 5:45 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
gbaji wrote:
In fact, it would have been illegal for them to pay the workers since this was a political event. It's a violation of election laws to pay workers to attend political rallies.

Solution! Paid day off, attendance at the mine 100% voluntary and open attendance to whoever wants to roll on by. If you feel inclined to listen to Romney, show up. If you don't, go do anything else you can imagine instead with no repercussions from the workplace.

See? Now you're not paying workers to attend political rallies and the workers can get paid! I'm a genius!
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#443 Sep 05 2012 at 11:04 PM Rating: Good
Tracer Bullet
*****
12,578 posts

Clinton killing it in his speech tonight. Well, he probably lost a lot of eyeballs during the long, rambly, wonky part. But still by far the key speech of either convention so far.

____________________________
Na Zdrowie
#444 Sep 06 2012 at 11:30 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
****
7,472 posts
Slick Willy has still got it. **** the guy doesn't seem to have lost a beat. Who better to talk for you then Ol' Bill. Heck Obama has a tough act to follow, its almost like Bill was running for office again. Sure beats Clint Eastwood in my mind.


Edited, Sep 6th 2012 1:33pm by rdmcandie
____________________________
HEY GOOGLE. **** OFF YOU. **** YOUR ******** SEARCH ENGINE IN ITS ******* ****** BINARY ***. ALL DAY LONG.

#445 Sep 06 2012 at 11:56 AM Rating: Good
Soulless Internet Tiger
******
34,702 posts
Jophiel wrote:
gbaji wrote:
In fact, it would have been illegal for them to pay the workers since this was a political event. It's a violation of election laws to pay workers to attend political rallies.

Solution! Paid day off, attendance at the mine 100% voluntary and open attendance to whoever wants to roll on by. If you feel inclined to listen to Romney, show up. If you don't, go do anything else you can imagine instead with no repercussions from the workplace.

See? Now you're not paying workers to attend political rallies and the workers can get paid! I'm a genius!
Why the fuck would anyone pay workers for not working?
____________________________
Donate. One day it could be your family.
Need a hotel at a great rate? More hotels being added weekly.

An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come. Victor Hugo

#446 Sep 06 2012 at 12:00 PM Rating: Good
******
43,984 posts
How else would you convince someone to get into politics?
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#447 Sep 06 2012 at 12:05 PM Rating: Good
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
16,065 posts
Uglysasquatch wrote:
Jophiel wrote:
gbaji wrote:
In fact, it would have been illegal for them to pay the workers since this was a political event. It's a violation of election laws to pay workers to attend political rallies.

Solution! Paid day off, attendance at the mine 100% voluntary and open attendance to whoever wants to roll on by. If you feel inclined to listen to Romney, show up. If you don't, go do anything else you can imagine instead with no repercussions from the workplace.

See? Now you're not paying workers to attend political rallies and the workers can get paid! I'm a genius!
Why the fuck would anyone pay workers for not working?

If they're not working, they not workers.

They're merely recipients. If you don't pay them, they can't even be that.
____________________________
Alma wrote:
Post and be happy!
#448 Sep 06 2012 at 12:11 PM Rating: Excellent
Tracer Bullet
*****
12,578 posts
Uglysasquatch wrote:
Why the fuck would anyone pay workers for not working?

I work for a manufacturing company, and my boss is a hard-core Republican. He voluntarily shuts down the company 9 days a year and still pays everyone!


Edited, Sep 6th 2012 1:14pm by trickybeck
____________________________
Na Zdrowie
#449 Sep 06 2012 at 12:17 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
Uglysasquatch wrote:
Why the fuck would anyone pay workers for not working?

Because you feel it's dreadfully important to have your candidate of choice at your plant but you don't want workers complaining to the media how they got stiffed a day's wages under Gbaji Law.

I honestly don't care if they got paid or not. It's the "not paid and told attendance was mandatory" part that's a real sticker. Although if I lost a day's wages due to some chucklenut coming by the plant, I'd be hard pressed to vote for said chucklenut.
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#450 Sep 06 2012 at 1:25 PM Rating: Good
Needs More Smut
Avatar
******
20,466 posts
Yeah, if the plant had to be shut down for safety reasons, then okay. But don't make people come to work in their hot, miserable miner's uniforms if they're not actually going to be mining that day.
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck. Once again a top bard on the server: Dardaubla 90 on 1/6/2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest on Lamia - Member of The Swarm and leader of Grammarian Tea House chat LS
#451 Sep 06 2012 at 2:30 PM Rating: Good
******
21,717 posts
Uglysasquatch wrote:
Why the fuck would anyone pay workers for not working?


It's no different than a paid holiday.
____________________________
R.I.P. Jessica M. 5/3/2010
This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.
gbaji wrote:
You guys keep tossing facts out there like they mean something.


Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 52 All times are in CDT
Jophiel, lolgaxe, Xsarus, Anonymous Guests (49)