Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

Pre-Convention Election Round-UpFollow

#352 Aug 30 2012 at 11:02 AM Rating: Excellent
******
43,052 posts
varusX wrote:
I have more people coming to my house Saturday to watch College football than some of these places have citizens.
Because you're good enough, you're smart enough, and, doggonit, people like you!
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#353 Aug 30 2012 at 11:19 AM Rating: Good
****
6,470 posts
Do we not have a [:woosh:] smiley? We need one to describe Thiefx's frantic, yet comically impotent swings.
____________________________
Latest Articles:
Monaco: What's Yours is Mine Review

Follow me on Twitter!
#354 Aug 30 2012 at 11:50 AM Rating: Excellent
Needs More Smut
Avatar
******
20,044 posts
Eske Esquire wrote:
catwho wrote:
On topic: I heard the other day that Paul Ryan's high school civics teacher won't be voting for him. He said he was a smart kid, and the school is proud of how far he's gone, but he disagrees fundamentally on the direction Ryan wants to take the country.


That's all well and good, but it's not exactly noteworthy. I wouldn't expect anyone's pre-held political leanings to take a backseat to the fact that they once taught someone in high school.


I just thought it was amusing that his high school civics teacher is lamenting the fact that one of his students didn't listen to him and went the other way on the political spectrum.

Just goes to show that "liberal school indoctrination" doesn't work as well as the righties claim it does.
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck. Once again a top bard on the server: Dardaubla 90 on 1/6/2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest on Lamia - Member of The Swarm and the League of Extraordinary Crafters
#355 Aug 30 2012 at 12:12 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
******
26,620 posts
Friar Bijou wrote:
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Not entirely the right thread I guess but Obama did an AMA on reddit, for those of you who haven't seen it yet.

Edit: Poop, missed the thread on it... I r blind like Bijou.

Or...bad at comprehension - like ThiefX

/rimshot
Smiley: motz
____________________________
Theophany wrote:
YOU'RE AN ELITIST @#%^ AETHIEN, NO WONDER YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS AND PEOPLE HATE YOU.
someproteinguy wrote:
Aethien you take more terrible pictures than a Japanese tourist.
Astarin wrote:
One day, Maz, you'll learn not to click on anything Aeth links.
#356 Aug 30 2012 at 1:05 PM Rating: Excellent
****
6,470 posts
catwho wrote:
Eske Esquire wrote:
catwho wrote:
On topic: I heard the other day that Paul Ryan's high school civics teacher won't be voting for him. He said he was a smart kid, and the school is proud of how far he's gone, but he disagrees fundamentally on the direction Ryan wants to take the country.


That's all well and good, but it's not exactly noteworthy. I wouldn't expect anyone's pre-held political leanings to take a backseat to the fact that they once taught someone in high school.


I just thought it was amusing that his high school civics teacher is lamenting the fact that one of his students didn't listen to him and went the other way on the political spectrum.

Just goes to show that "liberal school indoctrination" doesn't work as well as the righties claim it does.


Silly cat, that mostly occurs at the college level, where elitist professors convert hapless freshmen into their hippie communist mindset.
____________________________
Latest Articles:
Monaco: What's Yours is Mine Review

Follow me on Twitter!
#357 Aug 30 2012 at 2:05 PM Rating: Excellent
****
6,470 posts
#358 Aug 30 2012 at 3:22 PM Rating: Excellent
***
1,877 posts
Damnit people have some consistency! Either you are for people choosing their own path or you are against it! Curious how gbaji will spin this one. Should be almost as hilarious. Smiley: laugh
____________________________
#swaggerjacker
#359 Aug 30 2012 at 8:46 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
If Clint Eastwood was tricked by Democrats to do that car commercial, I can only guess he was also tricked by Democrats to give that surreal, rambling speech at the GOP convention.



Edited, Aug 30th 2012 10:25pm by Jophiel
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#360 Aug 30 2012 at 11:40 PM Rating: Excellent
Cervixhouse-Five
******
30,635 posts
Poor Clint. I hadn't realized that he was getting dementia.
____________________________
Kurt Vonnegut (1922-2007) wrote:
I am eternally grateful.. for my knack of finding in great books, some of them very funny books, reason enough to feel honored to be alive, no matter what else might be going on.
#361 Aug 31 2012 at 5:00 AM Rating: Decent
******
21,717 posts
Belkira wrote:
Poor Clint. I hadn't realized that he was getting dementia.

He has absolutely not aged well either.
____________________________
R.I.P. Jessica M. 5/3/2010
This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.
gbaji wrote:
You guys keep tossing facts out there like they mean something.


#362 Aug 31 2012 at 5:40 AM Rating: Excellent
Will swallow your soul
******
28,128 posts
BrownDuck wrote:
Belkira wrote:
Poor Clint. I hadn't realized that he was getting dementia.

He has absolutely not aged well either.



That's not really fair. He did, for 30 or so years.
____________________________
In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

#363 Aug 31 2012 at 5:47 AM Rating: Decent
******
21,717 posts
Samira wrote:
BrownDuck wrote:
Belkira wrote:
Poor Clint. I hadn't realized that he was getting dementia.

He has absolutely not aged well either.



That's not really fair. He did, for 30 or so years.

I suppose you're right. I'm just used to seeing him in the 90s and early 00's and he looked vastly different on that stage than I've seen him previously.
____________________________
R.I.P. Jessica M. 5/3/2010
This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.
gbaji wrote:
You guys keep tossing facts out there like they mean something.


#364 Aug 31 2012 at 6:51 AM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
Obama should start running this in his ads
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#365 Aug 31 2012 at 6:53 AM Rating: Good
******
21,717 posts
Jophiel wrote:
Obama should start running this in his ads


Did she really mis-state "President Obama" instead of Mitt Romney, or was that intentional? Either way, ouch.
____________________________
R.I.P. Jessica M. 5/3/2010
This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.
gbaji wrote:
You guys keep tossing facts out there like they mean something.


#366 Aug 31 2012 at 7:04 AM Rating: Excellent
******
43,052 posts
artcle wrote:
The Governor's office almost immediately released a statement to ABC15 claiming that the endorsement was a mistake.

"Governor Brewer misspoke, obviously, and certainly isn't the first official to have done so amid the noise and chaos of a crowded convention hall or rally. It happens - even to newscasters and TV pros. Regardless, given the Governor's record of challenging President Obama, it's a stretch to think anyone would believe she's supporting his re-election. The Governor stands with Mitt Romney."
Either way, to me it looks like more evidence towards the whole "taking a dive" theory.

Link
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#367 Aug 31 2012 at 8:19 AM Rating: Good
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
15,453 posts
lolgaxe wrote:
artcle wrote:
The Governor's office almost immediately released a statement to ABC15 claiming that the endorsement was a mistake.

"Governor Brewer misspoke, obviously, and certainly isn't the first official to have done so amid the noise and chaos of a crowded convention hall or rally. It happens - even to newscasters and TV pros. Regardless, given the Governor's record of challenging President Obama, it's a stretch to think anyone would believe she's supporting his re-election. The Governor stands with Mitt Romney."
Either way, to me it looks like more evidence towards the whole "taking a dive" theory.

Link

Freudian slip.

Clearly she's got the hots for the bad-boy dem with the sexy smile.
____________________________
Alma wrote:
Post and be happy!
#368 Aug 31 2012 at 10:11 AM Rating: Excellent
****
6,470 posts
I thought the weirdest part of the Clint thing was when he "reprimanded" Obama for starting the war in Afghanistan.

Then everyone laughed and applauded.

I was like Smiley: confused Smiley: facepalm
____________________________
Latest Articles:
Monaco: What's Yours is Mine Review

Follow me on Twitter!
#369 Aug 31 2012 at 10:20 AM Rating: Excellent
Needs More Smut
Avatar
******
20,044 posts
One of the tweets circulating around:

Chris Rock wrote:
Chris Rock ‏@chrisrockoz
Clint Eastwood on the phone with Obama now: "It all went according to plan,sir." #RNC #GOP2012
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck. Once again a top bard on the server: Dardaubla 90 on 1/6/2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest on Lamia - Member of The Swarm and the League of Extraordinary Crafters
#370 Aug 31 2012 at 10:21 AM Rating: Excellent
Annoying Ass
ZAM Administrator
Avatar
*****
11,920 posts
Not much for GOP ads, but this one was pretty good:

Hits home on a lot of frustration that college graduates feel in trying to get a job. Then again, it's better for college graduates than those who only go to high school. Something that the GOP doesn't seem to want to mention (remember [link]Santorum calling Obama "a snob" for claiming Obama said he wants everyone to go to college?[/link]). Ah well, ignoring the "war on education," the stats say that though unemployment for graduates isn't good, it's about three times worse for those who skip college.
Quote:
For young high school graduates, the unemployment rate was 32.7 percent in 2010 and 31.1 percent over the last year (April 2011–March 2012), while the underemployment rate was 55.9 percent in 2010 and 54.0 percent over the last year.
For young college graduates, the unemployment rate was 10.4 percent in 2010 and 9.4 percent over the last year, while the underemployment rate was 19.8 percent in 2010 and 19.1 percent over the last year.


And things do get better, as it's not mentioning that among those with high school degrees or less and over the age of 25, the unemployment rate is between 8.7 and 12.7%, while those with some college or a degree is between 4.1 and 7.1%.

Edited, Aug 31st 2012 12:27pm by LockeColeMA
____________________________
Retired News Writer for the ZAM Network
WoW - Aureliano the Insane - level 90 Druid on Sen'Jin
Nanaoki - level 90 Mage on Sen'Jin
#371 Aug 31 2012 at 10:32 AM Rating: Good
Needs More Smut
Avatar
******
20,044 posts
Yeah, it doesn't really resonate with me. I had no problem finding a job as a college graduate; all I had problems with was finding one that used my degree, and now that I'm going back for the master's that'll be a moot point.

The "underemployed" is a much bigger problem. We're supposed to be taking over for the boomer generation, but the @#%^ers won't retire because they're scared they won't have enough money due to the recession. So the middle aged folks don't get promoted, and thus we don't get a chance to get their jobs. The opportunity is failing to trickle down.
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck. Once again a top bard on the server: Dardaubla 90 on 1/6/2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest on Lamia - Member of The Swarm and the League of Extraordinary Crafters
#372 Aug 31 2012 at 10:37 AM Rating: Excellent
Meat Popsicle
Avatar
*****
11,351 posts
Well to be fair to the older generation, if you take out a 2nd mortgage to send your kid to college and then your house loses 35% of it's value, you probably can't afford to retire when you'd like to anymore.
____________________________
That monster in the mirror, he just might be you. -Grover
#373 Aug 31 2012 at 10:39 AM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
I saw that the other day and got bored staring at the bedroom by 1998 which dulled the impact of the rest of it. But I'm not the target audience either.
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#374 Aug 31 2012 at 10:44 AM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
LOL@Breitbart
People making fun of Eastwood's awesome speech are just mad that he's not backing Obama!

That article says 30 million people watched last night. That would be about 10 million more than who watched Ryan's speech. Interesting.

Edited, Aug 31st 2012 11:47am by Jophiel
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#375 Aug 31 2012 at 10:58 AM Rating: Good
******
43,052 posts
Breitbart wrote:
Since Obama won the presidency, comedy has pretty much gone straight to hell as our Entertainment Overlords morphed into pathetic lapdogs to The State;
I kind of agree. There was a lot more to make fun of eight years before. Smiley: frown
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#376 Aug 31 2012 at 12:24 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
*****
11,855 posts
I liked Clint's speech, just puttin that out there.

Edited, Aug 31st 2012 2:27pm by Timelordwho
____________________________
"Observe what happens when you force a man to change"
Just as Planned.
#377 Aug 31 2012 at 12:25 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
Do you write for Breitbart?
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#378 Aug 31 2012 at 12:34 PM Rating: Excellent
Annoying Ass
ZAM Administrator
Avatar
*****
11,920 posts
Sometimes the CNN comments section is worth reading in political articles, just for things like these:

Quote:
In other news, GOP Latinos celebrated being at the RNC by demanding each other's papers

Quote:
Meanwhile, the Log Cabin Republicans, a pro-GOP gay group, called for prayers to cure their affliction. Other members of the GOP were happy to help, addressing the group members as "abominations" "unclean" and "Hell-bound sinners"

Quote:
A speech from Mia Love, a black female mayor from Utah seeking a Congressional seat brought a standing ovation from the crowd. As a pro-life Mormon also fiercly against the Department of Education, Love managed to fill a niche much sought by the GOP: being offensive to women, blacks, and the educated all at once. Ironically, by filling all these minority roles she is the poster-child for everything the GOP says is wrong with affirmative action.


I'm a bad person for laughing Smiley: frown

Edited, Aug 31st 2012 2:36pm by LockeColeMA
____________________________
Retired News Writer for the ZAM Network
WoW - Aureliano the Insane - level 90 Druid on Sen'Jin
Nanaoki - level 90 Mage on Sen'Jin
#379 Aug 31 2012 at 12:36 PM Rating: Excellent
******
43,052 posts
LockeColeMA wrote:
I'm a bad person for laughing Smiley: frown
Welcome to the dark side.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#380 Aug 31 2012 at 12:59 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
*****
11,090 posts
Jophiel wrote:
Did you write for Breitbart?


Fixed your tense since he's dead.
____________________________
Shaowstrike (Retired - FFXI)
91PUP/BLM 86SMN/BST 76DRK
Cooking/Fishing 100


"We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary."
— James D. Nicoll
#381 Aug 31 2012 at 1:46 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
I was refering to the -dot-com, not the vengeful wraith of Andrew Breitbart.
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#382 Aug 31 2012 at 1:48 PM Rating: Good
******
43,052 posts
Ah ah ah. Ghost writing.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#383 Aug 31 2012 at 1:50 PM Rating: Good
Tracer Bullet
*****
12,550 posts

Yeah, it's weird seeing quotes as being "from Breitbart." Would rather see the author & website quoted together. There's not a lot of publications named after their now-deceased founder, especially when the entire publication was just an extension of his personality. Although, I guess there's not many publications named after their founder, period. Will "Breitbart" endure in the fashion of "Strunk & White?"

____________________________
Na Zdrowie
#384 Aug 31 2012 at 1:57 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
trickybeck wrote:
Yeah, it's weird seeing quotes as being "from Breitbart." Would rather see the author & website quoted together.

I suppose I could have said "Do you write for Breitbart.com?" but I thought common sense and context would prevail. That'll learn me Smiley: laugh
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#385 Aug 31 2012 at 3:16 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
*****
11,855 posts
Hey, I just prefer my winding political diatribes in a surrealist stream of conscience with a touch of visceral yearning flavor rather than the more traditionalist Kabuki ab irato.

I feel like I've gained something from it (if irrelevant to its message) rather than the stock platform depiction that has been thoroughly rehashed.
____________________________
"Observe what happens when you force a man to change"
Just as Planned.
#386 Aug 31 2012 at 3:47 PM Rating: Default
Encyclopedia
******
31,357 posts
Jophiel wrote:
If Clint Eastwood was tricked by Democrats to do that car commercial, I can only guess he was also tricked by Democrats to give that surreal, rambling speech at the GOP convention.


I missed his speech last night (contrary to popular belief, I don't actually sit at home glued to the screen watching stuff like this). But from the clips I've seen, that's the way the man talks. You have seen him give speeches and interviews sometime in the last decade or so, right? As to the content, again, I haven't seen the whole thing, but the "empty chair" bit was pretty darn funny. And right on target.
____________________________
King Nobby wrote:
More words please
#387 Aug 31 2012 at 3:48 PM Rating: Good
Sage
****
4,041 posts
Quote:
Hey, I just prefer my winding political diatribes in a surrealist stream of conscience with a touch of visceral yearning flavor rather than the more traditionalist Kabuki ab irato.

I feel like I've gained something from it (if irrelevant to its message) rather than the stock platform depiction that has been thoroughly rehashed.


ITT: Timelordwho experiences a strangely enjoyable feeling in his right hemisphere.

Edited, Aug 31st 2012 4:49pm by Guenny
#388 Aug 31 2012 at 3:50 PM Rating: Good
Sage
****
4,041 posts
gbaji wrote:
Jophiel wrote:
If Clint Eastwood was tricked by Democrats to do that car commercial, I can only guess he was also tricked by Democrats to give that surreal, rambling speech at the GOP convention.


I missed his speech last night (contrary to popular belief, I don't actually sit at home glued to the screen watching stuff like this). But from the clips I've seen, that's the way the man talks. You have seen him give speeches and interviews sometime in the last decade or so, right? As to the content, again, I haven't seen the whole thing, but the "empty chair" bit was pretty darn funny. And right on target.


You've only seen bits and pieces of it? Did you see it somewhere where they deliberately took it out of context, or did you decide to arbitrarily skip around and watch 2:16-3:45 and 5:33-6:07 on your own?
#389 Aug 31 2012 at 4:33 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
I'm actually happier with Gbaji thinking Eastwood did a stellar job than I would be if I convinced him otherwise.
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#390 Aug 31 2012 at 5:35 PM Rating: Good
Tracer Bullet
*****
12,550 posts
Jophiel wrote:
trickybeck wrote:
Yeah, it's weird seeing quotes as being "from Breitbart." Would rather see the author & website quoted together.

I suppose I could have said "Do you write for Breitbart.com?" but I thought common sense and context would prevail. That'll learn me Smiley: laugh

I understood it, it just looks kinda weird. Like if you said "Huffington wrote" instead of "Huffpo wrote." I blame the lack of creativity in the website's name.

____________________________
Na Zdrowie
#391 Aug 31 2012 at 7:04 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
*****
11,855 posts
It was written at the huffington post. It was written at huffpo that '...' . It was written at breitbart.

The website cannot write anything, and that's not just a commentary on their editorial direction.

____________________________
"Observe what happens when you force a man to change"
Just as Planned.
#392 Sep 01 2012 at 5:23 AM Rating: Good
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
15,453 posts
You only needed to see the faces of Mrs Romney and Ryan to know that Clint had stepped off into lalaland.
____________________________
Alma wrote:
Post and be happy!
#393 Sep 01 2012 at 9:59 AM Rating: Good
Needs More Smut
Avatar
******
20,044 posts
Romney with Jindal in LA = Bad optics so far.

Rumor mill is circulating that Romney told a flood victim who lost her house to "go home and call 211" for public assistance.

Of course, he meant her other house. You people do have other houses,right?

Edited, Sep 1st 2012 12:03pm by catwho
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck. Once again a top bard on the server: Dardaubla 90 on 1/6/2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest on Lamia - Member of The Swarm and the League of Extraordinary Crafters
#394 Sep 01 2012 at 10:24 AM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
Elinda wrote:
You only needed to see the faces of Mrs Romney and Ryan to know that Clint had stepped off into lalaland.

The campaign was doing damage control before he was off the stage, saying that his appearance wasn't intended to be a speech but rather just something to... uh... fill time in an otherwise cramped and abbreviated schedule, I guess.
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#395 Sep 01 2012 at 11:54 AM Rating: Good
******
43,052 posts
I hope his new movie does well or we're going to get a ton of invisible Obama jokes.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#396 Sep 01 2012 at 2:29 PM Rating: Good
Needs More Smut
Avatar
******
20,044 posts
lolgaxe wrote:
I hope his new movie does well or we're going to get a ton of invisible Obama jokes.


Which movie is that? I know he was filming one about some scouting agent in Georgia, that was incidentally filmed in one of my favorite bars (The Globe.)

For the movie, they transformed it from an English style pub with grad students and professors and soccer fans over to a blues bar. I'm still scratching my head over that one.
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck. Once again a top bard on the server: Dardaubla 90 on 1/6/2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest on Lamia - Member of The Swarm and the League of Extraordinary Crafters
#397 Sep 01 2012 at 3:01 PM Rating: Good
Unforkgettable
*****
13,159 posts
catwho wrote:
For the movie, they transformed it from an English style pub with grad students and professors and soccer fans over to a blues bar. I'm still scratching my head over that one.
That's ... odd. Are there no suitable blues bars already in existence where you are?
____________________________
Banh
#398 Sep 01 2012 at 3:04 PM Rating: Good
Needs More Smut
Avatar
******
20,044 posts
Spoonless wrote:
catwho wrote:
For the movie, they transformed it from an English style pub with grad students and professors and soccer fans over to a blues bar. I'm still scratching my head over that one.
That's ... odd. Are there no suitable blues bars already in existence where you are?

Not really. It's all about the indie bands here, and most music venues reflect that. The Globe does have a stage, but it's on the second floor and surrounded by couches mostly.

Edit: Found it on their FB timeline, it was filmed back in March. Shut down the bar for several days. I suppose Eastwood or whoever picked the place liked the atmosphere; it's all gritty and pubby with dark wood furniture and a lovely copper bar, and the original windows from the 1940s when it was a department store flooding it with light during the day. (I think it was a house at one point too.)

Edited, Sep 1st 2012 5:15pm by catwho
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck. Once again a top bard on the server: Dardaubla 90 on 1/6/2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest on Lamia - Member of The Swarm and the League of Extraordinary Crafters
#399 Sep 01 2012 at 4:18 PM Rating: Decent
Prodigal Son
*****
19,824 posts
catwho wrote:
lolgaxe wrote:
I hope his new movie does well or we're going to get a ton of invisible Obama jokes.


Which movie is that? I know he was filming one about some scouting agent in Georgia, that was incidentally filmed in one of my favorite bars (The Globe.)

For the movie, they transformed it from an English style pub with grad students and professors and soccer fans over to a blues bar. I'm still scratching my head over that one.

Was it done in the fashion of the "Fever Pitch" remake, turning British soccer fans into Boston baseball fans?

Oh, and his movie is "Trouble with the curve" featuring Amy Adams as his daughter.
____________________________
publiusvarus wrote:
we all know liberals are well adjusted american citizens who only want what's best for society. While conservatives are evil money grubbing scum who only want to sh*t on the little man and rob the world of its resources.
#400 Sep 01 2012 at 5:14 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
Muslim Obama! Homebrewing terrorism.... or beer?
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#401 Sep 01 2012 at 5:20 PM Rating: Good
I think Obama probably wins the "would rather have a beer with" poll this election cycle.
____________________________
"The Rich are there to take all of the money & pay none of the taxes, the middle class is there to do all the work and pay all the taxes, and the poor are there to scare the crap out of the middle class." -George Carlin


Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 61 All times are in CDT
Technogeek, Anonymous Guests (60)