Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

Pre-Convention Election Round-UpFollow

#252 Aug 27 2012 at 10:49 AM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
Will he be riding a dressage horse?

In other news, there's a big digital billboard next to the center the GOP is holding their convention at and the DNC has bought it out. It's currently flashing messages about Romney and outsourcing Smiley: laugh
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#253 Aug 27 2012 at 11:02 AM Rating: Excellent
***
1,877 posts
Jophiel wrote:
Will he be riding a dressage horse?

In other news, there's a big digital billboard next to the center the GOP is holding their convention at and the DNC has bought it out. It's currently flashing messages about Romney and outsourcing Smiley: laugh


I will admit that right there is pretty dang funny. Smiley: nod Oh the rage that will ensue from that is going to be even more enjoyable to watch.
____________________________
#swaggerjacker
#254ThiefX, Posted: Aug 27 2012 at 7:21 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) You mean Democrats spent a whole lot of other people's money on something that is pointless and won't work? That has to be the first time ever they've done something stupid like that right...
#255 Aug 28 2012 at 1:55 AM Rating: Excellent
Thiefx wrote:
You mean Democrats spent a whole lot of other people's money on something that is pointless and won't work? That has to be the first time ever they've done something stupid like that right...


Yes.
____________________________
"The Rich are there to take all of the money & pay none of the taxes, the middle class is there to do all the work and pay all the taxes, and the poor are there to scare the **** out of the middle class." -George Carlin


#256 Aug 28 2012 at 7:10 AM Rating: Excellent
******
43,650 posts
Democrats troll better than varusX, too.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#257 Aug 28 2012 at 2:40 PM Rating: Decent
Encyclopedia
******
31,552 posts
Jophiel wrote:
In other news, there's a big digital billboard next to the center the GOP is holding their convention at and the DNC has bought it out. It's currently flashing messages about Romney and outsourcing Smiley: laugh


That's ok. It looks like it'll be more than balanced out by the idiocy of Chris Matthews camped out front. Seriously? Lacing every description of anything or anyone related to the GOP with words like "extreme", "illegal", "immoral", and "racist" (he appears to really like that one) pretty quickly fails to impress and soon after that just turns people off. I was particularly amused last night when his best example of GOP personal attacks was Romney calling Obama a "foodstamp president" (lets ignore that Obama actually took credit for the fact that total foodstamp spending has gone up since he took office), then in the very next segment shows a clip of Obama calling Romney an "extremist" as some example of great statesmanship (or something, I kinda lost track of where his fevered mind was going with that one). The irony was apparently lost on him.
____________________________
King Nobby wrote:
More words please
#258 Aug 28 2012 at 2:52 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
Having not seen Chris Matthews in years, I'll have to take your word on that.
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#259 Aug 28 2012 at 3:03 PM Rating: Default
Encyclopedia
******
31,552 posts
Jophiel wrote:
Having not seen Chris Matthews in years, I'll have to take your word on that.


You're more of a Maddow follower, amirite?

He was in particularly fine form last night though. Screwball nutty!
____________________________
King Nobby wrote:
More words please
#260 Aug 28 2012 at 3:30 PM Rating: Good
****
7,806 posts
Based on what little bit I have seen, Matthews is going off the deep end a tad more frequently.
____________________________
People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome. ~River Tam

Sedao
#261 Aug 28 2012 at 5:07 PM Rating: Excellent
Annoying Ass
ZAM Administrator
Avatar
*****
11,946 posts
Mitt Romney is now officially the candidate. Also, apparently seating rules have been changing so presidential candidates can veto the delegate selections and choose their own. This quickly happened with a Maine group of Ron Paul supporters, who stormed out of the convention.

Good ol' grassroots groups. They're useful until they're not. I'm sure Romney will be sucking up to them again as soon as the convention is over, but man, Tea Partiers and libertarians are **** right now.
____________________________
Retired News Writer for the ZAM Network
WoW - Aureliano the Insane - level 90 Druid on Sen'Jin
Nanaoki - level 90 Mage on Sen'Jin
#262 Aug 28 2012 at 5:20 PM Rating: Excellent
Annoying Ass
ZAM Administrator
Avatar
*****
11,946 posts
Also, official GOP platform is out. Among other things, they:
1. Call for a constitutional amendment banning same **** marriage
2. Remove gender identity from anti-discrimination laws
3. Call for the passage of the Personhood Amendment. No abortions for all, huzzah!
4. Want increased military spending
5. Only support abstinence-only sexual education in schools
6. Repeal Obamacare (of course). They also claim to want to replace it with "free market options."

Oh, and in addition to the war on religion, they say the EPA has a war on coal. That's a new one I hadn't heard before.
____________________________
Retired News Writer for the ZAM Network
WoW - Aureliano the Insane - level 90 Druid on Sen'Jin
Nanaoki - level 90 Mage on Sen'Jin
#263 Aug 28 2012 at 5:40 PM Rating: Default
Encyclopedia
******
31,552 posts
LockeColeMA wrote:
Mitt Romney is now officially the candidate. Also, apparently seating rules have been changing so presidential candidates can veto the delegate selections and choose their own. This quickly happened with a Maine group of Ron Paul supporters, who stormed out of the convention.


So nothing really different than any normal convention? You do get that once a candidate has been officially declared, the delegates don't serve any purpose other than backdrop. And it's normally expected that they drop their signs for their original candidate and take up support for the nominee. Cause that's kind of the point of the whole operation. I see nothing wrong with tossing a group of idiots who can't get over the fact that their guy didn't come remotely close to winning.

Quote:
Good ol' grassroots groups. They're useful until they're not. I'm sure Romney will be sucking up to them again as soon as the convention is over, but man, Tea Partiers and libertarians are **** right now.


No. Just Ron Paul supporters. Tea Party is pretty happy as well as actual libertarians (you also get that Paul isn't really a libertarian, right?). I'm sure there's some value among liberals to paint this as something bigger than it really is, but it's really pretty minor.
____________________________
King Nobby wrote:
More words please
#264 Aug 28 2012 at 5:41 PM Rating: Default
Encyclopedia
******
31,552 posts
LockeColeMA wrote:
Also, official GOP platform is out. Among other things, they:
1. Call for a constitutional amendment banning same **** marriage
2. Remove gender identity from anti-discrimination laws
3. Call for the passage of the Personhood Amendment. No abortions for all, huzzah!
4. Want increased military spending
5. Only support abstinence-only sexual education in schools
6. Repeal Obamacare (of course). They also claim to want to replace it with "free market options."


So... Ah. No change right? What's funny is all the language suggesting that the GOP "adopted" a new platform position on X, or Y, or Z. But the reality is that most of those things didn't change one bit. This is not new, and it's not news.
____________________________
King Nobby wrote:
More words please
#265 Aug 28 2012 at 5:45 PM Rating: Excellent
Gurue
*****
16,288 posts
LockeColeMA wrote:
Also, official GOP platform is out. Among other things, they:
1. Call for a constitutional amendment banning same **** marriage
2. Remove gender identity from anti-discrimination laws
3. Call for the passage of the Personhood Amendment. No abortions for all, huzzah!
4. Want increased military spending
5. Only support abstinence-only sexual education in schools
6. Repeal Obamacare (of course). They also claim to want to replace it with "free market options."

Oh, and in addition to the war on religion, they say the EPA has a war on coal. That's a new one I hadn't heard before.

The GOP scares the **** out of me.
#266 Aug 28 2012 at 5:47 PM Rating: Excellent
Annoying Ass
ZAM Administrator
Avatar
*****
11,946 posts
Quote:
You do get that once a candidate has been officially declared, the delegates don't serve any purpose other than backdrop. And it's normally expected that they drop their signs for their original candidate and take up support for the nominee. Cause that's kind of the point of the whole operation. I see nothing wrong with tossing a group of idiots who can't get over the fact that their guy didn't come remotely close to winning.


Yeah, because it's much better to kick out people who will vote for who they want rather than let them have their Pyrrhic victory, right? Ron Paul would give maybe 10% of the delegates (and that's being generous), but apparently it was a high enough number that the RNC had to cut it off?

I'm looking forward to two things now: Romney trying to suck up the angry Paulsters and get their vote back, and the blowback (see what I did there?) when the Pubbies lose the election because they couldn't get their support.

Quote:
No. Just Ron Paul supporters. Tea Party is pretty happy as well as actual libertarians (you also get that Paul isn't really a libertarian, right?). I'm sure there's some value among liberals to paint this as something bigger than it really is, but it's really pretty minor.


See, that's the funny thing: unlike you, I actually get my news from a source. It happens to be Glenn Beck's website, as it's the most right-wing place I can find; and fully half the comments are **** libertarians and Tea Partiers. Even better, the other half are people who hate RP and libertarians. I don't go to liberal sites to find out conservative positions: I listen to the conservatives themselves. What better way to know your opponent than to listen to him directly, right?
____________________________
Retired News Writer for the ZAM Network
WoW - Aureliano the Insane - level 90 Druid on Sen'Jin
Nanaoki - level 90 Mage on Sen'Jin
#267 Aug 28 2012 at 5:56 PM Rating: Excellent
Annoying Ass
ZAM Administrator
Avatar
*****
11,946 posts
gbaji wrote:
LockeColeMA wrote:
Also, official GOP platform is out. Among other things, they:
1. Call for a constitutional amendment banning same **** marriage
2. Remove gender identity from anti-discrimination laws
3. Call for the passage of the Personhood Amendment. No abortions for all, huzzah!
4. Want increased military spending
5. Only support abstinence-only sexual education in schools
6. Repeal Obamacare (of course). They also claim to want to replace it with "free market options."


So... Ah. No change right? What's funny is all the language suggesting that the GOP "adopted" a new platform position on X, or Y, or Z. But the reality is that most of those things didn't change one bit. This is not new, and it's not news.


Went back to 2008's platform to check and see. Let's see...

1. Yup, same.
2. Yup, same.
3. No, "Personhood Amendment" is a new one. No calls for a Constitutional amendment banning abortion: just them saying "All life is sacred."
4. I suppose in 2008 they said "keep spending the same" and now they're saying "increase spending" for the military.
5. Yup, same.
6. Well, obviously different.

And the EPA's war on coal is new too.
____________________________
Retired News Writer for the ZAM Network
WoW - Aureliano the Insane - level 90 Druid on Sen'Jin
Nanaoki - level 90 Mage on Sen'Jin
#268 Aug 28 2012 at 6:02 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
gbaji wrote:
You're more of a Maddow follower, amirite?

I can't remember the last televised newscast I've watched aside from incidental local newscasts. Probably when bin Laden died.
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#269 Aug 28 2012 at 6:03 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
gbaji wrote:
But the reality is that most of those things didn't change one bit.

I sure wouldn't brag about that.
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#270 Aug 28 2012 at 6:17 PM Rating: Default
Encyclopedia
******
31,552 posts
LockeColeMA wrote:

Went back to 2008's platform to check and see. Let's see...

3. No, "Personhood Amendment" is a new one. No calls for a Constitutional amendment banning abortion: just them saying "All life is sacred."


Except for the part where they said this:

Quote:
Faithful to the first guarantee of the Declaration of Independence, we assert the inherent dignity and sanctity of all human life and affirm that the unborn child has a fundamental individual right to life which cannot be infringed. We support a human life amendment to the Constitution, and we endorse legislation to make clear that the Fourteenth Amendment s protections apply to unborn children.


So... Um... No change. Except maybe coming up with a label for it.
____________________________
King Nobby wrote:
More words please
#271 Aug 28 2012 at 6:29 PM Rating: Default
Encyclopedia
******
31,552 posts
Whoops. Not even a label change. Apparently you repeated what someone else said about it. Let's look at the actual platform

Quote:
Faithful to the “self-evident” truths enshrined in the Declaration of Independence, we assert the sanctity of human life and affirm that the unborn child has a fundamental individual right to life which cannot be infringed. We support a human life amendment to the Constitution and endorse legislation to make clear that the Fourteenth Amendment’s protections apply to unborn children.


OMG! You're right. It's totally different man! What the **** are those Republicans thinking making these crazy changes to their platform. This must be what happens when you nominate a Morman. Lol!
____________________________
King Nobby wrote:
More words please
#272 Aug 28 2012 at 6:31 PM Rating: Excellent
So they've been loony for years. Color me shocked.
____________________________
Come on Bill, let's go home
[ffxisig]63311[/ffxisig]
#273 Aug 28 2012 at 6:32 PM Rating: Default
Encyclopedia
******
31,552 posts
Jophiel wrote:
gbaji wrote:
You're more of a Maddow follower, amirite?

I can't remember the last televised newscast I've watched aside from incidental local newscasts. Probably when bin Laden died.


So... Huffpost? It's hard to tell since the liberal media sources all share notes to make sure they're repeating the same talking points on any given day. I suppose one is the same as the other.
____________________________
King Nobby wrote:
More words please
#274 Aug 28 2012 at 6:38 PM Rating: Excellent
Annoying Ass
ZAM Administrator
Avatar
*****
11,946 posts
gbaji wrote:
Whoops. Not even a label change. Apparently you repeated what someone else said about it. Let's look at the actual platform

Quote:
Faithful to the “self-evident” truths enshrined in the Declaration of Independence, we assert the sanctity of human life and affirm that the unborn child has a fundamental individual right to life which cannot be infringed. We support a human life amendment to the Constitution and endorse legislation to make clear that the Fourteenth Amendment’s protections apply to unborn children.


OMG! You're right. It's totally different man! What the **** are those Republicans thinking making these crazy changes to their platform. This must be what happens when you nominate a Morman. Lol!

Huh, so they did! You right, they've been nuts for years Smiley: nod Glad it didn't work in 2008... here's for hoping 2012 is the same!
____________________________
Retired News Writer for the ZAM Network
WoW - Aureliano the Insane - level 90 Druid on Sen'Jin
Nanaoki - level 90 Mage on Sen'Jin
#275 Aug 28 2012 at 6:50 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
gbaji wrote:
It's hard to tell since the liberal media sources all share notes to make sure they're repeating the same talking points on any given day

You know, I heard Limbaugh say the same exact thing over lunch today Smiley: grin
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#276 Aug 28 2012 at 7:12 PM Rating: Default
Encyclopedia
******
31,552 posts
Jophiel wrote:
gbaji wrote:
It's hard to tell since the liberal media sources all share notes to make sure they're repeating the same talking points on any given day

You know, I heard Limbaugh say the same exact thing over lunch today Smiley: grin


Ok. I chuckled. Smiley: lol
____________________________
King Nobby wrote:
More words please
#277 Aug 28 2012 at 7:20 PM Rating: Default
Encyclopedia
******
31,552 posts
LockeColeMA wrote:
Huh, so they did! You right, they've been nuts for years Smiley: nod Glad it didn't work in 2008... here's for hoping 2012 is the same!


So status quo on social issues, but vastly better on the economy. You do understand *why* the liberal media has a need to make it seem like the GOP has somehow gotten more extreme or more conservative or whatever on social issues, right? Because status quo + economy in shambles under Obama = win for the GOP. This is why the label "extreme" is used constantly to describe Romney and Ryan. It's why there's a flurry of old issues that are being spat out by every liberal with access to any form of media about anything and everything *except* economic policy. Their only hope is to inject the idea of some new scary social agenda into the public consciousness, and in the absence of any actual new scary social agenda, they'll invent one (or make it seem like the old stuff is new).

Good job being a sucker. Next time, perhaps read the platform before taking the word of some liberal media source about what it says? Just a suggestion.

Edited, Aug 28th 2012 6:22pm by gbaji
____________________________
King Nobby wrote:
More words please
#278 Aug 28 2012 at 7:28 PM Rating: Excellent
Annoying Ass
ZAM Administrator
Avatar
*****
11,946 posts
gbaji wrote:
LockeColeMA wrote:
Huh, so they did! You right, they've been nuts for years Smiley: nod Glad it didn't work in 2008... here's for hoping 2012 is the same!


So status quo on social issues, but vastly better on the economy.


Hahahahahahahahahaha.... oh sh*t. You were serious?
____________________________
Retired News Writer for the ZAM Network
WoW - Aureliano the Insane - level 90 Druid on Sen'Jin
Nanaoki - level 90 Mage on Sen'Jin
#279 Aug 28 2012 at 7:36 PM Rating: Default
Encyclopedia
******
31,552 posts
LockeColeMA wrote:
gbaji wrote:
LockeColeMA wrote:
Huh, so they did! You right, they've been nuts for years Smiley: nod Glad it didn't work in 2008... here's for hoping 2012 is the same!


So status quo on social issues, but vastly better on the economy.


Hahahahahahahahahaha.... oh sh*t. You were serious?


Ah... When out of arguments, laugh loudly and hope no one realizes how wrong you are. Unless you're actually going to try to defend Obama's record on the economy? I mean, that would be like defending a dog that just ate its own **** or something.
____________________________
King Nobby wrote:
More words please
#280 Aug 28 2012 at 7:37 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
gbaji wrote:
Next time, perhaps read the platform before taking the word of some liberal media source about what it says? Just a suggestion.

Did he actually get any of the details of the platform wrong? You're mainly worked up about the term "new".
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#281 Aug 28 2012 at 7:39 PM Rating: Excellent
Annoying Ass
ZAM Administrator
Avatar
*****
11,946 posts
gbaji wrote:
LockeColeMA wrote:
gbaji wrote:
LockeColeMA wrote:
Huh, so they did! You right, they've been nuts for years Smiley: nod Glad it didn't work in 2008... here's for hoping 2012 is the same!


So status quo on social issues, but vastly better on the economy.


Hahahahahahahahahaha.... oh sh*t. You were serious?


Ah... When out of arguments, laugh loudly and hope no one realizes how wrong you are. Unless you're actually going to try to defend Obama's record on the economy? I mean, that would be like defending a dog that just ate its own **** or something.

What? No, I was laughing at the idea that the GOP is "vastly better on the economy."
____________________________
Retired News Writer for the ZAM Network
WoW - Aureliano the Insane - level 90 Druid on Sen'Jin
Nanaoki - level 90 Mage on Sen'Jin
#282 Aug 28 2012 at 7:41 PM Rating: Excellent
******
43,650 posts
LockeColeMA wrote:
What? No, I was laughing at the idea that the GOP is "vastly better on the economy."
Amusingly enough, if Romney does pull out a win out of this then by gbaji logic it becomes Romney's fault that the economy sucks.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#283 Aug 28 2012 at 7:45 PM Rating: Excellent
Annoying Ass
ZAM Administrator
Avatar
*****
11,946 posts
lolgaxe wrote:
LockeColeMA wrote:
What? No, I was laughing at the idea that the GOP is "vastly better on the economy."
Amusingly enough, if Romney does pull out a win out of this then by gbaji logic it becomes Romney's fault that the economy sucks.

Silly lolgaxe. gbaji logic just means the GOP is never, ever wrong; it will always be Obama's fault the economy sucks.
____________________________
Retired News Writer for the ZAM Network
WoW - Aureliano the Insane - level 90 Druid on Sen'Jin
Nanaoki - level 90 Mage on Sen'Jin
#284 Aug 28 2012 at 10:18 PM Rating: Excellent
Needs More Smut
Avatar
******
20,309 posts
They will be blaming Obama in sixty years when the Glius 5Aians invade us.
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck. Once again a top bard on the server: Dardaubla 90 on 1/6/2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest on Lamia - Member of The Swarm and leader of Grammarian Tea House chat LS
#285 Aug 29 2012 at 6:22 AM Rating: Excellent
God really is a woman.

Screenshot
____________________________
"The Rich are there to take all of the money & pay none of the taxes, the middle class is there to do all the work and pay all the taxes, and the poor are there to scare the **** out of the middle class." -George Carlin


#286 Aug 29 2012 at 6:46 AM Rating: Excellent
******
43,650 posts
If god was a woman, every full moon there would be floods, earthquakes, and hurricanes. The week after that there would be chocolate.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#287 Aug 29 2012 at 8:31 AM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
PW wrote:
CNN reports that two people were removed from the Republican National Convention yesterday after they threw nuts at an African-American CNN camera operator and said, "This is how we feed animals."

Stay classy, Republicans.
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#288 Aug 29 2012 at 8:44 AM Rating: Excellent
Annoying Ass
ZAM Administrator
Avatar
*****
11,946 posts
Jophiel wrote:
PW wrote:
CNN reports that two people were removed from the Republican National Convention yesterday after they threw nuts at an African-American CNN camera operator and said, "This is how we feed animals."

Stay classy, Republicans.

Every single conservative post I've read on this says "Democratic plant!" or "completely faked, it never happened!"

The second one strikes me as especially funny, as the article reporting on it noted:
The Blaze wrote:
GOP convention spokesman Kyle Downey confirmed for Politico: “Two attendees tonight exhibited deplorable behavior. Their conduct was inexcusable and unacceptable. This kind of behavior will not be tolerated.”
____________________________
Retired News Writer for the ZAM Network
WoW - Aureliano the Insane - level 90 Druid on Sen'Jin
Nanaoki - level 90 Mage on Sen'Jin
#289 Aug 29 2012 at 8:52 AM Rating: Excellent
******
43,650 posts
LockeColeMA wrote:
Every single conservative post I've read on this says "Democratic plant!" or "completely faked, it never happened!"
I wouldn't be surprised if it were a plant. Also, after the last few months I wouldn't be surprised that it was sabotage by the Republican party itself, setting themselves up for a much better position in 2016, which is pretty much what I believe happened in 2004 with Kerry.

Edited, Aug 29th 2012 10:54am by lolgaxe
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#290 Aug 29 2012 at 9:01 AM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
Chris Christie set it up to position himself for a 2016 run.

I know a guy who knows a guy who told him.
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#291 Aug 29 2012 at 10:17 AM Rating: Excellent
Meat Popsicle
*****
11,709 posts
Random thoughts from convention coverage:

1) Ron Paul supporters and the rest of the far right spook me more than anyone on the far left.

2) I glad Issac wasn't any worse, or we'd have to hear about how the Republicans "don't care about suffering Americans" holding a convention while people are dying from a hurricane or something.

3) I think I like Ann more than Mitt.
____________________________
That monster in the mirror, he just might be you. -Grover
#292 Aug 29 2012 at 10:27 AM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
Random convention thoughts:

I was playing Alice: Madness Returns.

Flea switched the channel to Teen Mom.

But I was driving home when they were doing the state delegate calls. The guy from Illinois was ridiculously bad. "Imagine a cold day in January and Mitt Romney gets sworn in and then Marine One comes and takes the former president Barrack Obama and we carry him back home to Illinois!"

The crowd was pretty silent. I think they were confused on whether that was an applause line or not.
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#293 Aug 29 2012 at 10:43 AM Rating: Excellent
******
43,650 posts
I can't tell if he was supposed to be for or against in that statement.

Also wouldn't be Marine One if the former President was the main passenger, but that's way besides the point.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#294 Aug 29 2012 at 11:18 AM Rating: Good
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
15,830 posts
someproteinguy wrote:
Random thoughts from convention coverage:

1) Ron Paul supporters and the rest of the far right spook me more than anyone on the far left.
The booted Maine delegates looked kind of funny with lobster-bearing clothespins on their noses. They didn't even plug their noses with them, they just clipped them on the nasal septum - Ouch.

Quote:
2) I glad Issac wasn't any worse, or we'd have to hear about how the Republicans "don't care about suffering Americans" holding a convention while people are dying from a hurricane or something.
It would have been satisfying if FEMA had had to rescue them though.

Quote:
3) I think I like Ann more than Mitt.
You're supposed to like her more.
____________________________
Alma wrote:
Post and be happy!
#295 Aug 29 2012 at 11:26 AM Rating: Excellent
Meat Popsicle
*****
11,709 posts
Elinda wrote:
The booted Maine delegates looked kind of funny with lobster-bearing clothespins on their noses. They didn't even plug their noses with them, they just clipped them on the nasal septum - Ouch.


Smiley: lol

WTF? Smiley: dubious
____________________________
That monster in the mirror, he just might be you. -Grover
#296 Aug 29 2012 at 11:35 AM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
PW wrote:
Mitt Romney's presidential campaign toasted its top donors today aboard a 150-foot yacht flying the flag of the Cayman Islands, ABC News reports.

"The exclusive event, hosted by a Florida developer on his yacht 'Cracker Bay,' was one of a dozen exclusive events meant to nurture those who have raised more than $1 million for Romney's bid."

*Snrk*
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#297 Aug 29 2012 at 11:37 AM Rating: Excellent
Annoying Ass
ZAM Administrator
Avatar
*****
11,946 posts
In other news, MSNBC is totally racist for cutting away from a bunch of minority and female speakers. Leave it to the leftist media to ignore conservative minorities like Ted Cruz, Mia Love, and Brian Sandoval!

Oh, wait...
Mediate wrote:
With the exception of black former Democratic Rep. Artur Davis, MSNBC and Fox News covered and omitted the same exact speeches.

Both networks aired the speeches by NH Senator Kelly Ayotte, Ohio Governor John Kasich, Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker, Virginia Gov. Bob McDonnell, Ann Romney, and NJ Gov. Chris Christie.

But for minority speakers, here’s a handy guide to how the rival networks broke down coverage:

Mia Love: MNSBC was in commercial; Fox aired Shepard Smith‘s coverage of Hurricane Isaac from New Orleans.
Brian Sandoval: MSNBC aired hurricane coverage; Fox’s Sean Hannity interviewed Rep. Eric Cantor.
Ted Cruz: MSNBC cut to panel analysis of the convention; Fox went to commercial and returned with a Scott Walker interview.
Artur Davis: MSNBC aired panel discussion, mentioned his speech 5 minutes in, but didn’t air it; Fox aired the entirety of the speech.
Nikki Haley: both MSNBC and Fox News aired the speech.
Lucé Vela Fortuño: MSNBC aired more roundtable discussion; Fox News cut away to discussion by Bret Baier and Megyn Kelly.


Coincidence, I'm sure.
____________________________
Retired News Writer for the ZAM Network
WoW - Aureliano the Insane - level 90 Druid on Sen'Jin
Nanaoki - level 90 Mage on Sen'Jin
#298 Aug 29 2012 at 11:40 AM Rating: Good
******
43,650 posts
Does anyone actually watch either channel? Not as background noise but actually sit down, watch, and think about it?
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#299 Aug 29 2012 at 11:46 AM Rating: Excellent
Annoying Ass
ZAM Administrator
Avatar
*****
11,946 posts
lolgaxe wrote:
Does anyone actually watch either channel? Not as background noise but actually sit down, watch, and think about it?

No one I know, but according to wikipedia's data from 2010: "Comparing Fox to its 24-hour news channel competitors, for the month of May 2010 the channel drew an average daily prime time audience of 1.8 million versus 747,000 for MSNBC and 595,000 for CNN."

Whether anyone sits down, watches and thinks about it, I'm gonna go with "probably not that last part."
____________________________
Retired News Writer for the ZAM Network
WoW - Aureliano the Insane - level 90 Druid on Sen'Jin
Nanaoki - level 90 Mage on Sen'Jin
#300 Aug 29 2012 at 11:54 AM Rating: Excellent
Needs More Smut
Avatar
******
20,309 posts
My in-laws have Fox on in the kitchen and in the living room, and don't really leave either room during the day. It is background noise. The sad thing is, when something catches their ears and they actually listen a little, it's usually a lie or misleading information or at the very least horribly biased, at which point my father in law will go off on a rant about the evil libruls and how they're ruining America.
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck. Once again a top bard on the server: Dardaubla 90 on 1/6/2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest on Lamia - Member of The Swarm and leader of Grammarian Tea House chat LS
#301 Aug 29 2012 at 12:00 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
LockeColeMA wrote:
Quote:
Lucé Vela Fortuño: MSNBC aired more roundtable discussion; Fox News cut away to discussion by Bret Baier and Megyn Kelly.

Provided the sound is off, I'd rather watch Megyn Kelly than Lucé Vela Fortuño as well. Good call, Fox.
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 63 All times are in CDT
Jophiel, Omegavegeta, Poldaran, rdmcandie, Rukkuss, xantav, Anonymous Guests (57)