Forum Settings
       
1 2 Next »
Reply To Thread

Just plain scary.Follow

#52 Jul 24 2012 at 9:01 PM Rating: Good
Gbaji, still getting his news from nowhere. Or FOX, about the same thing really.
____________________________
Come on Bill, let's go home
[ffxisig]63311[/ffxisig]
#53 Jul 24 2012 at 9:19 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
gbaji wrote:
Jophiel wrote:
gbaji wrote:
I know it's hard for you to look past a single line quote, but try to understand the whole issue and not just one or two soundbites.

Ironic since not a single GOP whine-fest about this has included the line "The point is, is that when we succeed, we succeed because of our individual initiative, but also because we do things together."
Another straw man.

Noting that your whole manufactured outrage relies on taking things out of context is a strawman when replying to you saying "]I know it's hard for you to look past a single line quote, but try to understand the whole issue"?

Who knew? Well, whatever makes you feel less like you're having your strings pulled.
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#54 Jul 25 2012 at 7:42 AM Rating: Good
****
6,470 posts
gbaji wrote:
Jophiel wrote:
gbaji wrote:
I know it's hard for you to look past a single line quote, but try to understand the whole issue and not just one or two soundbites.

Ironic since not a single GOP whine-fest about this has included the line "The point is, is that when we succeed, we succeed because of our individual initiative, but also because we do things together."


Another straw man. I didn't say that. No one is denying that people who succeed have help along the way.


Smiley: dubious

Teh goalposts, they have been moved.

Edited, Jul 25th 2012 9:42am by Eske
____________________________
Latest Articles:
Monaco: What's Yours is Mine Review

Follow me on Twitter!
#55 Jul 25 2012 at 4:06 PM Rating: Good
Needs More Smut
Avatar
******
20,417 posts
Good god, is someone actually karma camping Jophiel????
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck. Once again a top bard on the server: Dardaubla 90 on 1/6/2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest on Lamia - Member of The Swarm and leader of Grammarian Tea House chat LS
#56 Jul 25 2012 at 4:37 PM Rating: Excellent
Will swallow your soul
******
28,247 posts
Someone who is deeply into futility, I guess.

____________________________
In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

#57 Jul 25 2012 at 6:16 PM Rating: Decent
Encyclopedia
******
31,708 posts
Jophiel wrote:
gbaji wrote:
Jophiel wrote:
gbaji wrote:
I know it's hard for you to look past a single line quote, but try to understand the whole issue and not just one or two soundbites.

Ironic since not a single GOP whine-fest about this has included the line "The point is, is that when we succeed, we succeed because of our individual initiative, but also because we do things together."
Another straw man.

Noting that your whole manufactured outrage relies on taking things out of context is a strawman when replying to you saying "I know it's hard for you to look past a single line quote, but try to understand the whole issue"?


If you'd actually noted that my position relies on taking things out of context, you'd have a point. But since what you actually did was complain about how prominent conservative "whiners" aren't saying a specific thing that has nothing to do with why they're upset about Obama's speech, I will correctly label your response a straw man.

You do get that when you continue to misrepresent why conservatives dislike Obama's statements and argue against some invented reason instead, you are committing a straw man fallacy, right? As I said earlier: go listen to what conservatives are actually saying, not what liberals are claiming they're saying. I sat and watched liberal pundit after liberal pundit on MSNBC basically make the same "why are they upset when all he said was that people had help along the way?" argument you're making Joph. It was stupid and bogus when they did it, and it's just as stupid and bogus when you repeat it here.

Quote:
Who knew? Well, whatever makes you feel less like you're having your strings pulled.


That's ironic coming from the guy parroting the exact same logically fallacious arguments he heard on TV nearly word for word. Try thinking for yourself some time. I've already provided you links to actual statements being made by actual conservatives Joph. And that's just what google tossed in my lap during a quick search. Stop getting your information about what conservatives think from liberal sources and you might have a better understanding of the issues. Just a suggestion.
____________________________
King Nobby wrote:
More words please
#58 Jul 25 2012 at 6:45 PM Rating: Good
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
Quote:
That's ironic

Thanks for letting me know I touched a nerve Smiley: laugh
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#59 Jul 26 2012 at 7:19 AM Rating: Good
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
16,029 posts
Samira wrote:
Someone who is deeply into futility, I guess.


That would point to gbaji, none-the-less I ACCUSE TOTEM. Smiley: smile
____________________________
Alma wrote:
Post and be happy!
#60 Jul 26 2012 at 8:00 AM Rating: Good
***
2,798 posts
Elinda wrote:
Samira wrote:
Someone who is deeply into futility, I guess.


That would point to gbaji, none-the-less I ACCUSE TOTEM. Smiley: smile


Who do you think you are to try and summon someone like that, Jophiel?
____________________________
Sir Xsarus wrote:
That's pretty much the best ninja edit ever.


Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
Midgarsormr realm
Eartha Kitty 30 BRD/12 MNK
1 2 Next »
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 37 All times are in CDT
Almalieque, klausneck, Anonymous Guests (35)