Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

RIP Nora EphronFollow

#1 Jun 27 2012 at 1:30 PM Rating: Good
***
2,790 posts
Apparently she died this morning at the age of 71. I'm not sure that i'm saddened by this because I can't say that I was much of fan of hers.

Anyway, just throwing this out there for anybody who is a fan.
____________________________
Sir Xsarus wrote:
That's pretty much the best ninja edit ever.


Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
Midgarsormr realm
Eartha Kitty 30 BRD/12 MNK
#2 Jun 27 2012 at 1:35 PM Rating: Decent
******
21,715 posts
Who...? Oh, the lady wrote the screenplays for Sleepless in Seattle and When Harry Met Sally.

RIP, someone I never really knew.
____________________________
R.I.P. Jessica M. 5/3/2010
This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.
gbaji wrote:
You guys keep tossing facts out there like they mean something.


#3 Jun 27 2012 at 1:35 PM Rating: Good
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
14,829 posts
Bigdaddyjug wrote:
Apparently she died this morning at the age of 71. I'm not sure that i'm saddened by this because I can't say that I was much of fan of hers.

Anyway, just throwing this out there for anybody who is a fan.

She wrote some good stuff, but it's pretty girly.

...and she let slip the secret of the faked orgasm.

rip lady.
____________________________
LOOK here.
#4 Jun 27 2012 at 1:38 PM Rating: Decent
******
21,715 posts
Elinda wrote:
She wrote some good stuff, but it's pretty girly.


I liked When Harry Met Sally, but I think only because I have an odd affinity for Billy Crystal as an actor. I can't explain it.
____________________________
R.I.P. Jessica M. 5/3/2010
This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.
gbaji wrote:
You guys keep tossing facts out there like they mean something.


#5 Jun 27 2012 at 1:52 PM Rating: Excellent
***
2,790 posts
BrownDuck wrote:
Elinda wrote:
She wrote some good stuff, but it's pretty girly.


I liked When Harry Met Sally, but I think only because I have an odd affinity for Billy Crystal as an actor. I can't explain it.


I know what you mean. For me, I think part of it is, I look at him and say "There's no way this guy should have EVER made it as an actor in Hollywood." He's just so un-actorlike. I'm having a hard time thinking of anybody from the current generation of actors who reminds me of him. Maybe jonah Hill, except I could never see Hill having the same success as awards show emcee as Crystal has had.
____________________________
Sir Xsarus wrote:
That's pretty much the best ninja edit ever.


Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
Midgarsormr realm
Eartha Kitty 30 BRD/12 MNK
#6 Jun 27 2012 at 9:52 PM Rating: Decent
Prodigal Son
*****
19,626 posts
Bigdaddyjug wrote:
BrownDuck wrote:
Elinda wrote:
She wrote some good stuff, but it's pretty girly.


I liked When Harry Met Sally, but I think only because I have an odd affinity for Billy Crystal as an actor. I can't explain it.


I know what you mean. For me, I think part of it is, I look at him and say "There's no way this guy should have EVER made it as an actor in Hollywood." He's just so un-actorlike. I'm having a hard time thinking of anybody from the current generation of actors who reminds me of him. Maybe jonah Hill, except I could never see Hill having the same success as awards show emcee as Crystal has had.

Hasn't he done Nickelodeon awards shows or something?
____________________________
publiusvarus wrote:
we all know liberals are well adjusted american citizens who only want what's best for society. While conservatives are evil money grubbing scum who only want to sh*t on the little man and rob the world of its resources.
#7 Jun 28 2012 at 8:06 AM Rating: Good
***
2,790 posts
Debalic wrote:
Bigdaddyjug wrote:
BrownDuck wrote:
Elinda wrote:
She wrote some good stuff, but it's pretty girly.


I liked When Harry Met Sally, but I think only because I have an odd affinity for Billy Crystal as an actor. I can't explain it.


I know what you mean. For me, I think part of it is, I look at him and say "There's no way this guy should have EVER made it as an actor in Hollywood." He's just so un-actorlike. I'm having a hard time thinking of anybody from the current generation of actors who reminds me of him. Maybe jonah Hill, except I could never see Hill having the same success as awards show emcee as Crystal has had.

Hasn't he done Nickelodeon awards shows or something?


I'm sure he has, but Kid's Choice Awards host is a far cry from "one of the best Academy Awards hosts ever".
____________________________
Sir Xsarus wrote:
That's pretty much the best ninja edit ever.


Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
Midgarsormr realm
Eartha Kitty 30 BRD/12 MNK
#8 Jun 28 2012 at 8:09 AM Rating: Good
******
41,332 posts
BrownDuck wrote:
Who...?
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#9 Jun 28 2012 at 8:56 AM Rating: Good
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
14,829 posts
Bigdaddyjug wrote:
Debalic wrote:
Bigdaddyjug wrote:
BrownDuck wrote:
Elinda wrote:
She wrote some good stuff, but it's pretty girly.


I liked When Harry Met Sally, but I think only because I have an odd affinity for Billy Crystal as an actor. I can't explain it.


I know what you mean. For me, I think part of it is, I look at him and say "There's no way this guy should have EVER made it as an actor in Hollywood." He's just so un-actorlike. I'm having a hard time thinking of anybody from the current generation of actors who reminds me of him. Maybe jonah Hill, except I could never see Hill having the same success as awards show emcee as Crystal has had.

Hasn't he done Nickelodeon awards shows or something?


I'm sure he has, but Kid's Choice Awards host is a far cry from "one of the best Academy Awards hosts ever".
Here, let me 'whoosh' you.

Exciting wasn't it?


____________________________
LOOK here.
#10 Jun 28 2012 at 11:21 AM Rating: Good
***
2,790 posts
Elinda wrote:
Bigdaddyjug wrote:
Debalic wrote:
Bigdaddyjug wrote:
BrownDuck wrote:
Elinda wrote:
She wrote some good stuff, but it's pretty girly.


I liked When Harry Met Sally, but I think only because I have an odd affinity for Billy Crystal as an actor. I can't explain it.


I know what you mean. For me, I think part of it is, I look at him and say "There's no way this guy should have EVER made it as an actor in Hollywood." He's just so un-actorlike. I'm having a hard time thinking of anybody from the current generation of actors who reminds me of him. Maybe jonah Hill, except I could never see Hill having the same success as awards show emcee as Crystal has had.

Hasn't he done Nickelodeon awards shows or something?


I'm sure he has, but Kid's Choice Awards host is a far cry from "one of the best Academy Awards hosts ever".
Here, let me 'whoosh' you.

Exciting wasn't it?




No, but it was refreshing. It's rather warm in New Orleans today. Actually, I was on the fence about whether you were kidding or not. Unfortunately, my sarcasm detector seems to be malfunctioning quite a bit lately. I think I need to change the batteries.
____________________________
Sir Xsarus wrote:
That's pretty much the best ninja edit ever.


Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
Midgarsormr realm
Eartha Kitty 30 BRD/12 MNK
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 43 All times are in CDT