Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

It's Not You, It's Me.Follow

#27 May 30 2012 at 1:52 PM Rating: Excellent
Smasharoo wrote:

I'm going to assume you aren't shockingly handsome, witty, charming, have an air of innate mischief and, yes, cruelty lurking just beneath a polished veneer that women find irresistible. I suspect you're mastery of "self control" and lack of desire for other partners has more to do with opportunity than discipline. Now, I'd never cheat on Nexa, obviously, but pretending I have a complete lack of desire for any of the other 3 billion women on the planet is just lying.


I may not know him in person, but I think protein is handsome, witty and charming. I do have a thing for nerds though, so there you go.
____________________________
Proudmoore US server:
Popina, 100 Priest
Thelesis, 91 Mage
Necralita, 90 DK
Digits, 87 Shaman
Willowmei, 85 Druid
Shrika, 72 Warlock
Jaquelle, 54 Paladin
Grakine, 32 Hunter
The MMO-Zam's FB group. Please message me first so I know who you are.
#28 May 30 2012 at 1:52 PM Rating: Excellent
Meat Popsicle
*****
13,369 posts
Smasharoo wrote:
You want to @#%^ women you're "attracted" to. That's how that works, son. If you have trouble dealing with that because you think it's "wrong" or whatever the hang up is, that's not my problem.


Not really. I don't know maybe I'm missing something here. I've had no problems in the past turning down *** with women who I thought were attractive, and I can't really imagine that changing now that I'm in a relationship. I guess I don't see why the two have to be intermixed to that degree. There's more than goes into wanting to have *** with someone than whether or not they're attractive.
____________________________
That monster in the mirror, he just might be you. -Grover
#29 May 30 2012 at 1:55 PM Rating: Excellent
Meat Popsicle
*****
13,369 posts
PigtailsOfDoom wrote:
I may not know him in person, but I think protein is handsome, witty and charming. I do have a thing for nerds though, so there you go.


Smiley: blush

Don't make me click your green arrows now... Smiley: sly
____________________________
That monster in the mirror, he just might be you. -Grover
#30 May 30 2012 at 2:02 PM Rating: Decent
Lunatic
******
30,084 posts

Not really. I don't know maybe I'm missing something here. I've had no problems in the past turning down *** with women who I thought were attractive, and I can't really imagine that changing now that I'm in a relationship. I guess I don't see why the two have to be intermixed to that degree. There's more than goes into wanting to have *** with someone than whether or not they're attractive.


There really isn't. There may be differing reasons you find yourself wanting to have *** with someone. I think that's a common experience. I've found myself attracted to smart women who if I didn't know them would read as "ugly" in a photograph. I've found myself attracted to women because of their physical beauty, regardless of if they're evil idiots (maybe that's even more attractive).

Now, it happens that I stumbled upon Nexa who happens to tick all of the boxes for me. Smart (to a degree most people can't adequately understand), crazy, driven, physically stunning, kind, glib...you get the idea. But people I've been attracted to in the past would have had some combination of fewer of those attributes. Sure, maybe I wouldn't have boned the ugly or particularly insane ones (ok, that's a lie, I'd totally do the insane ones), but that in no way means my "attraction" to them wasn't a sexual one.

Have you seen Pulp Fiction? Do you remember the "foot massage" discussion? That's where you are here. Preening something isn't related to *** because you think you should. When you turned down women you found "attractive" you still wanted to have *** with them, but *something* outweighed that urge. It's not hard.

Or maybe there was some other reason! Try the veal.

____________________________
Disclaimer:

To make a long story short, I don't take any responsibility for anything I post here. It's not news, it's not truth, it's not serious. It's parody. It's satire. It's bitter. It's angsty. Your mother's a *****. You like to jack off dogs. That's right, you heard me. You like to grab that dog by the bone and rub it like a ski pole. Your dad? ***. Your priest? Straight. **** off and let me post. It's not true, it's all in good fun. Now go away.

#31 May 30 2012 at 2:10 PM Rating: Excellent
We Does Not Hugglez
*****
10,246 posts
Nadenu wrote:
My husband and I both have our lists of people we're allowed to cheat with. Since he tops his list with Halle Barry, I don't feel like I have a lot to worry about.

Doesn't work at my house. 2 of my top 5 live within walking distance. Smiley: banghead
____________________________
I had a very witty signature once, but apparently it offended the sensibilities of some of the frailer constitutions that frequent this particular internet message board.

[The rest of this message has been censored and I can't tell you what I actually think of you]
#32 May 30 2012 at 2:12 PM Rating: Excellent
We Does Not Hugglez
*****
10,246 posts
someproteinguy wrote:
There's more than goes into wanting to have *** with someone than whether or not they're attractive.

That's totally true. For me they have to have a naturally occurring ******, as well.
____________________________
I had a very witty signature once, but apparently it offended the sensibilities of some of the frailer constitutions that frequent this particular internet message board.

[The rest of this message has been censored and I can't tell you what I actually think of you]
#33 May 30 2012 at 2:20 PM Rating: Excellent
Meat Popsicle
*****
13,369 posts
Smasharoo wrote:
Have you seen Pulp Fiction?


Nope.

Smasharoo wrote:
Preening something isn't related to *** because you think you should. When you turned down women you found "attractive" you still wanted to have *** with them, but *something* outweighed that urge. It's not hard.

Or maybe there was some other reason! Try the veal.


I dunno, I get the feeling we're just debating semantics here. Either way really I guess, but I'd still contend that if I had wanted to have *** I would have.

So anyway, veal huh? Tasty?
____________________________
That monster in the mirror, he just might be you. -Grover
#34 May 30 2012 at 2:23 PM Rating: Excellent
Annoying Ass
ZAM Administrator
Avatar
*****
12,049 posts
someproteinguy wrote:
Smasharoo wrote:
Have you seen Pulp Fiction?


Nope.


You definitely should - it's a classic.

Quote:

So anyway, veal huh? Tasty?

Know what they call Veal in Europe? Ve-al. With Cheese.

You should really watch Pulp Fiction Smiley: nod
____________________________
Retired News Writer for the ZAM Network
WoW - Aureliano the Insane - level 90 Druid on Sen'Jin
Nanaoki - level 90 Mage on Sen'Jin
#35 May 30 2012 at 2:23 PM Rating: Decent
Lunatic
******
30,084 posts

I dunno, I get the feeling we're just debating semantics here. Either way really I guess, but I'd still contend that if I had wanted to have *** I would have.


That would make your *** drive completely overwhelming and beyond your control. Which may be the case, but I'm not sure it's describing what you're trying to get at. What you're trying to get at, I suspect, is the sad beta male rationalization of not wanting what you can't have. Anyway, while not actually semantics, you're right that there's no reason to continue discussing it.
____________________________
Disclaimer:

To make a long story short, I don't take any responsibility for anything I post here. It's not news, it's not truth, it's not serious. It's parody. It's satire. It's bitter. It's angsty. Your mother's a *****. You like to jack off dogs. That's right, you heard me. You like to grab that dog by the bone and rub it like a ski pole. Your dad? ***. Your priest? Straight. **** off and let me post. It's not true, it's all in good fun. Now go away.

#36 May 30 2012 at 2:24 PM Rating: Decent
Lunatic
******
30,084 posts

Know what they call Veal in Europe? Ve-al. With Cheese.


Well played, sir.
____________________________
Disclaimer:

To make a long story short, I don't take any responsibility for anything I post here. It's not news, it's not truth, it's not serious. It's parody. It's satire. It's bitter. It's angsty. Your mother's a *****. You like to jack off dogs. That's right, you heard me. You like to grab that dog by the bone and rub it like a ski pole. Your dad? ***. Your priest? Straight. **** off and let me post. It's not true, it's all in good fun. Now go away.

#37 May 30 2012 at 2:31 PM Rating: Good
Needs More Smut
******
21,262 posts
Nadenu wrote:
My husband and I both have our lists of people we're allowed to cheat with. Since he tops his list with Halle Barry, I don't feel like I have a lot to worry about.


Oh, I forgot about "the list." Yeah, we have that too, and we also have a matching "we need a threesome" list for the 2-3 people who land on both our fantasy lists. Like Neil Patrick Harris and Scarlett Johansson.

Not really worried here either.

Real Life had a comic about that a while back.
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck: Retired December 2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest and Taprara Rara on Lamia Server - Member of The Swarm
Curator of the XIV Wallpapers Tumblr and the XIV Fashion Tumblr
#38 May 30 2012 at 2:41 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
If you're having the "the List" conversation, the thing to do is let her go first and name a bunch of celebrities. Then when it's your turn, name off your neighbors, your partner's friends, etc. Epic Lulz will ensue, trust me.
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#39 May 30 2012 at 2:43 PM Rating: Excellent
Meat Popsicle
*****
13,369 posts
LockeColeMA wrote:
someproteinguy wrote:
Smasharoo wrote:
Have you seen Pulp Fiction?


Nope.


You definitely should - it's a classic.



I've heard as much, but don't watch many movies, so have never gotten around to it. One of these days... Smiley: wink


Smasharoo wrote:

That would make your *** drive completely overwhelming and beyond your control. Which may be the case, but I'm not sure it's describing what you're trying to get at. What you're trying to get at, I suspect, is the sad beta male rationalization of not wanting what you can't have.


I suppose while we're at it, we could add in the 'beta male' thing as one more distinction I've never really understood. Smiley: rolleyes

Smasharoo wrote:
Anyway, while not actually semantics, you're right that there's no reason to continue discussing it.


Fair enough.
____________________________
That monster in the mirror, he just might be you. -Grover
#40 May 30 2012 at 8:01 PM Rating: Decent
Prodigal Son
******
20,518 posts
I think stating your ignorance of basic social hierarchies belies your refusal to admit your own place in such.
____________________________
publiusvarus wrote:
we all know liberals are well adjusted american citizens who only want what's best for society. While conservatives are evil money grubbing scum who only want to sh*t on the little man and rob the world of its resources.
#41 May 30 2012 at 10:55 PM Rating: Excellent
Meat Popsicle
*****
13,369 posts
Probably to some degree.

I mean it's not like you can really opt out of that sort of thing, and guys are pretty good at stepping in and defining you if you don't do so yourself. I think I talked a little about it in the "Transience of Manhood" thread, IIRC. Here's a linky, and there's probably more tidbits buried in there as well. It's not that I'm completely in the dark or anything, I understand what he's referring to. It just one of those male social hierarchy things that I guess I never really 'got' for lack of a better word. I mean, I guess I've always been a bit disinterested in those kinds of things. Not that I don't play my part from time to time, but it's just not something I particularly care for I guess. For better or for worse, I can't say avoiding those kind of things has really ever held me back in life or anything. Another reason why I don't really understand the reasoning behind it I suppose. Smiley: rolleyes

Or maybe I'm just passive aggressive or something... Smiley: sly
____________________________
That monster in the mirror, he just might be you. -Grover
#42 May 31 2012 at 2:09 AM Rating: Excellent
Nexa
*****
12,062 posts
Smasharoo wrote:

Now, it happens that I stumbled upon Nexa who happens to tick all of the boxes for me. Smart (to a degree most people can't adequately understand), crazy, driven, physically stunning, kind, glib...you get the idea. But people I've been attracted to in the past would have had some combination of fewer of those attributes. Sure, maybe I wouldn't have boned the ugly or particularly insane ones (ok, that's a lie, I'd totally do the insane ones), but that in no way means my "attraction" to them wasn't a sexual one.



hahaha, excellent attempt to prevent my overly-emotional pregnancy insanity from poisoning your food while you discuss being attracted to millions of women you'd "totally" **** if not for your super-human degree of self-control.

Smiley: wink

Nexa
____________________________
“It has always been the prerogative of children and half-wits to point out that the emperor has no clothes. But a half-wit remains a half-wit, and the emperor remains an emperor.”
― Neil Gaiman, The Sandman, Vol. 9: The Kindly Ones
#43 May 31 2012 at 6:34 AM Rating: Excellent
Will swallow your soul
******
29,237 posts
Peripherally related to the topic, I had a discussion with a male friend who was considering proposing to his girlfriend. She had basically told him that if the relationship wasn't going to move forward, she wanted out. He was resentful (nobody likes the ultimatum, right?), but smart enough to know that they had something special.

I asked him why he was hesitating, and he essentially said, "Because what if we get married and then someone better comes along?"

I think a lot of guys fear commitment because they want to keep their options open, unfortunately in many cases WAY the **** past their sell-by date.

Anyway, I smacked the back of his head and told him, "You are beyond lucky that THIS one came along. She's so far out of your league, you should be kissing her feet or the body part of her preference on an hourly basis. Get over yourself, hero. No one better is going to come along, moran."

Men. Can't live with 'em, can't sell 'em for parts. Legally.


Edit: verb tenses matter.

Edited, May 31st 2012 5:35am by Samira
____________________________
In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

#44 May 31 2012 at 8:22 AM Rating: Excellent
******
49,745 posts
National Organization of Men Against Amazonian Masterhood.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#45 May 31 2012 at 10:01 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
*****
10,795 posts
Speaking of the List, is it weird that 3 of the 5 on my husband's list are also on my list?

Ray never saw marriage as limiting himself. He was more afraid of that I would be feeling limited in our marriage. Every marriage has its ups and downs and there are times when the routine becomes rout to rut to God-awful brain-numbingly monotony. And somehow you make the tedious into a string of "wow" moments all over again.

#46 May 31 2012 at 10:07 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
2,580 posts
Thumbelyna wrote:
Speaking of the List, is it weird that 3 of the 5 on my husband's list are also on my list?



My girlfriend and I have similarly overlapping lists. Those are firmly set to threesome's if we are ever able to pull them off.
____________________________
"What doesn't kill you can only make you stronger.............or cripple you for life." - Accari
#47 May 31 2012 at 10:11 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
*****
10,795 posts
Jimpadan wrote:
Thumbelyna wrote:
Speaking of the List, is it weird that 3 of the 5 on my husband's list are also on my list?



My girlfriend and I have similarly overlapping lists. Those are firmly set to threesome's if we are ever able to pull them off.


I believe then that Ray and I have to update our respective lists and create a threesome list.
#48 May 31 2012 at 11:18 AM Rating: Excellent
Sniping Sweetpea
*****
18,463 posts
MoebiusLord wrote:
I think your assumption is flawed. You suggest it may be about liking ***, but I think you ignore the biological imperative. Granted, many men overcome this and are faithful in any relationship they are currently in, but that is not because they are more evolved and don't suffer the urge. It is because they are better at sublimating their nature to a conscious desire.
Pardons, yesterday was a *********** and just looking at these now. I ignore the biological imperative because I think it's sexist and *********

catwho wrote:
Or they have wives like me who laid down the law early in the relationship and pointed out that an affair would probably end in a nasty divorce no matter how sorry he is. I'm pretty tolerant of a lot of things, but the risk of disease that comes from an unfaithful partner is not one of them.
That's a decent enough point, but I don't know if it's about laying down the law as much as agreeing on expectations of behavior. Joph and I agreed very early on in our dating life that cheating was unforgiveable, a dealbreaker. No matter what it is to anyone else. I think that's why some of these relationships struggled. I have a theory that they were either not entirely honest about their expectations or never discussed them in the first place.

someproteinguy wrote:
1 I'm not ready for a relationship = ...thank you ma'am.
2 Bad hygiene = Never realized looking good takes effort, you broke that myth and they can't reconcile it.
3 I don't feel like I'm a priority = Why aren't you paying attention to me constantly? My mom made me the center of her universe.
4 Too much fighting = I'm mad and it's your fault.
5 Your *** drive is too low = Why don't you always want ***? Because I always want ***.
6 Lack of punctuality = Congrats, you successfully countered #2, only to get hit with this.
7 There's someone else = #5, with some lying and deceit mixed in.
8 Bad kisser = See #7
9 I don't see a future with you = Could be any of the above, I'm not very good at this 'breaking up' thing, and can't think of anything better to say, so yeah...
10 Too hairy = @#%^phile in hiding, run like the wind.
Smiley: lol
____________________________
That's the kind of dude
I was lookin' for
And yes you'll get slapped
if you're lookin', ho

#49 May 31 2012 at 11:23 AM Rating: Excellent
Sniping Sweetpea
*****
18,463 posts
MoebiusLord wrote:
catwho wrote:
Or they have wives like me who laid down the law early in the relationship and pointed out that an affair would probably end in a nasty divorce no matter how sorry he is. I'm pretty tolerant of a lot of things, but the risk of disease that comes from an unfaithful partner is not one of them.

Like I said, sublimating nature to a conscious desire.
Which women do, as well.

Eske Esquire wrote:
I'm still relatively young....But like I said, I'm young and naive, so I doubt my anecdote is worth much on the subject.
Smiley: cookie

Demea wrote:
Quote:
9 I don't see a future with you

This is why I ended the relationship with my last girlfriend. Basically, I was living in the city, working in a pretty good job, and looking to start advancing my career/life. She, on the other hand, was still living at home, taking part-time classes at her local community college with no clear career plan in mind, and generally just hanging out and smoking pot.

There was just too much disparity between our medium- and long-term goals.
Pretty cohesive and logical. Can't hate.
____________________________
That's the kind of dude
I was lookin' for
And yes you'll get slapped
if you're lookin', ho

#50 May 31 2012 at 11:33 AM Rating: Good
****
6,471 posts
Atomicflea wrote:
Eske Esquire wrote:
I'm still relatively young....But like I said, I'm young and naive, so I doubt my anecdote is worth much on the subject.
Smiley: cookie


What, no milk? Smiley: bah

Edited, May 31st 2012 1:33pm by Eske
#51 May 31 2012 at 11:37 AM Rating: Excellent
Sniping Sweetpea
*****
18,463 posts
PigtailsOfDoom wrote:
I may not know him in person, but I think protein is handsome, witty and charming. I do have a thing for nerds though, so there you go.
Any v-card carrier on this site has a thing for nerds.

Jophiel wrote:
If you're having the "the List" conversation, the thing to do is let her go first and name a bunch of celebrities. Then when it's your turn, name off your neighbors, your partner's friends, etc. Epic Lulz will ensue, trust me.
Having seen our neighbors, consider this a free pass.

Nexa wrote:
hahaha, excellent attempt to prevent my overly-emotional pregnancy insanity from poisoning your food while you discuss being attracted to millions of women you'd "totally" @#%^ if not for your super-human degree of self-control.

Smiley: wink
It doesn't take a superhuman degree of self-control, and men aren't the only ones who enjoy dorking like rabbits with a rainbow of partners. The idea that men like *** above anything but that to women it's a snare used to trap a husband and then withold is antiquated and frankly, obsolete.

Samira wrote:
Peripherally related to the topic, I had a discussion with a male friend who was considering proposing to his girlfriend. She had basically told him that if the relationship wasn't going to move forward, she wanted out. He was resentful (nobody likes the ultimatum, right?), but smart enough to know that they had something special.

I asked him why he was hesitating, and he essentially said, "Because what if we get married and then someone better comes along?"

I think a lot of guys fear commitment because they want to keep their options open, unfortunately in many cases WAY the **** past their sell-by date.

Anyway, I smacked the back of his head and told him, "You are beyond lucky that THIS one came along. She's so far out of your league, you should be kissing her feet or the body part of her preference on an hourly basis. Get over yourself, hero. No one better is going to come along, moran."

Men. Can't live with 'em, can't sell 'em for parts. Legally.


Edit: verb tenses matter.
Welcome to the last six months of my life. I need to PM you some phone numbers....
____________________________
That's the kind of dude
I was lookin' for
And yes you'll get slapped
if you're lookin', ho

Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 67 All times are in CDT
Anonymous Guests (67)