Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

SCotUS to Look at Affirmative Action (Kind Of)Follow

#152 Mar 02 2012 at 11:26 PM Rating: Excellent
******
43,994 posts
CoalHeart wrote:
Hmm, I'm seeing a lot of good stuff about embracing diversity and eradicating racism. Followed by white bashing. There's a word on the tip of my tongue. almost have it. What is it? Hmm, Hypodermic? No, Uh, Hypersonic? no. Maybe Hippocrates? ****! What is it???
******.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#153 Mar 03 2012 at 12:32 AM Rating: Good
**
505 posts
lolgaxe wrote:
******.


****! Now that's funny. Well played.
____________________________
Never regret.To regret is to assume.
#154 Mar 03 2012 at 3:44 AM Rating: Default
Avatar
****
9,021 posts
Guenny wrote:
Oh? Do tell.


That's called being courteous, yet you deem it puppetry. Assuming that you have no intent of being a puppet, then you're implying that you would not do a simple task out of courtesy. This would make you a douchebag.
____________________________
Demea wrote:
Almalieque wrote:

I'm biased against statistics
#155 Mar 03 2012 at 3:46 AM Rating: Default
Avatar
****
9,021 posts
Nilatai wrote:
Speaks. It speaks volumes about her character. For fuck sake.
Is there something grammatically incorrect with that sentence or do you just prefer regurgitating a well known saying?
____________________________
Demea wrote:
Almalieque wrote:

I'm biased against statistics
#156 Mar 03 2012 at 3:49 AM Rating: Default
Avatar
****
9,021 posts
Nadenu wrote:
Guenny wrote:
Timelordwho wrote:
I like the random at signs in his sig. Like he was going to forget the a's so he circled them.


I'm pretty sure people ******* about control + Fing their names and getting stuck in his f@il sig. Being the good little puppet he is, he appeased the masses.

Really, though, who creates a shrine of insults made against them? I want a spot. I wonder how many different ways I can call him a virgin before it is permanently etched after every post for all the see.

Alma doesn't realize that they're all insults. He truly believes those sarcastic remarks were people agreeing with him.


Yours is as genuine as it can possibly get.
____________________________
Demea wrote:
Almalieque wrote:

I'm biased against statistics
#157 Mar 03 2012 at 2:17 PM Rating: Good
Drunken English Bastard
*****
15,264 posts
It's really sad when people talk **** about the overwhelming majority, isn't it? QQ
____________________________
My Movember page
Solrain wrote:
WARs can use semi-colons however we want. I once killed a guy with a semi-colon.

LordFaramir wrote:
ODESNT MATTER CAUSE I HAVE ALCHOLOL IN MY VEINGS BETCH ;3
#158 Mar 03 2012 at 2:20 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
****
7,472 posts
Almalieque wrote:
Guenny wrote:
Oh? Do tell.


That's called being courteous, yet you deem it puppetry. Assuming that you have no intent of being a puppet, then you're implying that you would not do a simple task out of courtesy. This would make you a douchebag.

So wait is it being courteous, or being a puppet. Your definition seems to promote the later, yet you are arguing the former.

I mean I have no issue holding the door for someone in passing (a courteous gesture). But I won't open a door because someone in passing demands I do (doing so would make me a puppet.)


____________________________
HEY GOOGLE. **** OFF YOU. **** YOUR ******** SEARCH ENGINE IN ITS ******* ****** BINARY ***. ALL DAY LONG.

#159 Mar 03 2012 at 2:26 PM Rating: Good
Drunken English Bastard
*****
15,264 posts
Almalieque wrote:
Nilatai wrote:
Speaks. It speaks volumes about her character. For fuck sake.
Is there something grammatically incorrect with that sentence or do you just prefer regurgitating a well known saying?

What are you twelve?

NUH UH, I WAS DOING MY OWN THING! I TOTALLY DIDN'T ***** UP A WELL KNOWN TURN OF PHRASE! *Stomp feet*
____________________________
My Movember page
Solrain wrote:
WARs can use semi-colons however we want. I once killed a guy with a semi-colon.

LordFaramir wrote:
ODESNT MATTER CAUSE I HAVE ALCHOLOL IN MY VEINGS BETCH ;3
#160 Mar 03 2012 at 7:12 PM Rating: Good
**
505 posts
Nilatai wrote:
It's really sad when people talk sh*t about the overwhelming majority, isn't it? QQ


Only if those doing it claim to be against racism.
____________________________
Never regret.To regret is to assume.
#161 Mar 03 2012 at 9:12 PM Rating: Good
Drunken English Bastard
*****
15,264 posts
CoalHeart wrote:
Nilatai wrote:
It's really sad when people talk sh*t about the overwhelming majority, isn't it? QQ


Only if those doing it claim to be against racism.
Pointing out crappy things done by a group of people to another group of people != racism.

Are you really going to claim white people are being treated unfairly here? We've done some pretty sh*tty things over the course of history.

Edited, Mar 3rd 2012 10:12pm by Nilatai
____________________________
My Movember page
Solrain wrote:
WARs can use semi-colons however we want. I once killed a guy with a semi-colon.

LordFaramir wrote:
ODESNT MATTER CAUSE I HAVE ALCHOLOL IN MY VEINGS BETCH ;3
#162 Mar 03 2012 at 9:29 PM Rating: Good
Sage
****
4,041 posts
Almalieque wrote:
Guenny wrote:
Oh? Do tell.


That's called being courteous, yet you deem it puppetry. Assuming that you have no intent of being a puppet, then you're implying that you would not do a simple task out of courtesy. This would make you a douchebag.


Wow. You really figured me out. I am just a total ******* who hates humanity and can't be kind without ulterior motives. I mean, I'm a waitress. I do everything nice for money. Have you ever thought about going into psychiatry? You spend so much time thinking about things that none of us can even comprehend, and from what I know about you might be a much more enjoyable fit than you being in the military.
#163 Mar 03 2012 at 9:41 PM Rating: Excellent
****
6,470 posts
Nilatai wrote:
Are you really going to claim white people are being treated unfairly here? We've done some pretty sh*tty things over the course of history.


Some white people are treated unfairly by affirmative action. I think that's a given.

I think that this "we" mentality is harmful. White people do not have a hive mind. Everyone's different.
____________________________
Latest Articles:
Monaco: What's Yours is Mine Review

Follow me on Twitter!
#164 Mar 03 2012 at 9:42 PM Rating: Good
**
505 posts
Nilatai wrote:
CoalHeart wrote:
Nilatai wrote:
It's really sad when people talk sh*t about the overwhelming majority, isn't it? QQ


Only if those doing it claim to be against racism.
Pointing out crappy things done by a group of people to another group of people != racism.

Are you really going to claim white people are being treated unfairly here? We've done some pretty sh*tty things over the course of history.

Edited, Mar 3rd 2012 10:12pm by Nilatai



Sweet! You've even got the "blame all for the actions of some" down pat. You're a **** good racist. Speaking of History, it would behoove you to actually learn some. Hate to burst your bubble, but whites don't have a monopoly on being ***** to "others".
____________________________
Never regret.To regret is to assume.
#165 Mar 03 2012 at 10:06 PM Rating: Excellent
Gurue
*****
16,289 posts
Eske Esquire wrote:
Nilatai wrote:
Are you really going to claim white people are being treated unfairly here? We've done some pretty sh*tty things over the course of history.


Some white people are treated unfairly by affirmative action. I think that's a given.

I think that this "we" mentality is harmful. White people do not have a hive mind. Everyone's different.

Oh yeah? I don't remember any black people in The Borg. Smiley: dubious
#166 Mar 03 2012 at 10:59 PM Rating: Good
Worst. Title. Ever!
*****
14,965 posts
Nadenu wrote:
Eske Esquire wrote:
Nilatai wrote:
Are you really going to claim white people are being treated unfairly here? We've done some pretty sh*tty things over the course of history.


Some white people are treated unfairly by affirmative action. I think that's a given.

I think that this "we" mentality is harmful. White people do not have a hive mind. Everyone's different.

Oh yeah? I don't remember any black people in The Borg. Smiley: dubious


Oh, they were there. But this is the Borg we are talking about. They only keep the good parts of the species they assimilate. Smiley: wink
____________________________
Can't sleep, clown will eat me.
#167 Mar 03 2012 at 11:05 PM Rating: Default
Avatar
****
9,021 posts
Nilatai wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
Nilatai wrote:
Speaks. It speaks volumes about her character. For fuck sake.
Is there something grammatically incorrect with that sentence or do you just prefer regurgitating a well known saying?

What are you twelve?

NUH UH, I WAS DOING MY OWN THING! I TOTALLY DIDN'T ***** UP A WELL KNOWN TURN OF PHRASE! *Stomp feet*


Smiley: laugh Me twelve?! You're the one becoming over zealous over two synonymous words in context. It's called English. For you to assume that phrases are always said the same exact way everywhere in the world is asinine.

So, is there anything grammatically incorrect with my statement?
____________________________
Demea wrote:
Almalieque wrote:

I'm biased against statistics
#168 Mar 03 2012 at 11:22 PM Rating: Good
Sage
****
4,041 posts
Wha.....

Troll of the year award goes to Almielyquge.
#169 Mar 04 2012 at 9:13 AM Rating: Excellent
Will swallow your soul
******
28,265 posts
Yes, it's sad how trolling standards have fallen off.
____________________________
In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

#170 Mar 04 2012 at 10:53 AM Rating: Good
Drunken English Bastard
*****
15,264 posts
CoalHeart wrote:
Nilatai wrote:
CoalHeart wrote:
Nilatai wrote:
It's really sad when people talk sh*t about the overwhelming majority, isn't it? QQ


Only if those doing it claim to be against racism.
Pointing out crappy things done by a group of people to another group of people != racism.

Are you really going to claim white people are being treated unfairly here? We've done some pretty sh*tty things over the course of history.

Edited, Mar 3rd 2012 10:12pm by Nilatai



Sweet! You've even got the "blame all for the actions of some" down pat. You're a **** good racist. Speaking of History, it would behoove you to actually learn some. Hate to burst your bubble, but whites don't have a monopoly on being ***** to "others".

No but Europeans certainly have the Lion's share! I blame the English mostly. Bastards!

I like the word "behove", though. Well done you.

Edited, Mar 4th 2012 11:53am by Nilatai
____________________________
My Movember page
Solrain wrote:
WARs can use semi-colons however we want. I once killed a guy with a semi-colon.

LordFaramir wrote:
ODESNT MATTER CAUSE I HAVE ALCHOLOL IN MY VEINGS BETCH ;3
#171 Mar 04 2012 at 12:35 PM Rating: Default
Avatar
****
9,021 posts
Samira wrote:
Yes, it's sad how trolling standards have fallen off.


You mean given the fact that it's only 4 March and I already won an award for the entire year?..... nawwww.. I'm sure it's my level of awesomeness that awarded me that award.
____________________________
Demea wrote:
Almalieque wrote:

I'm biased against statistics
#172 Mar 04 2012 at 1:10 PM Rating: Good
**
505 posts
Nilatai wrote:

No but Europeans certainly have the Lion's share! I blame the English mostly. Bastards



True, but I'm really digging the latest Dr. Who, so I'm going to have to cut them some slack.
____________________________
Never regret.To regret is to assume.
#173 Mar 04 2012 at 6:09 PM Rating: Good
Drunken English Bastard
*****
15,264 posts
CoalHeart wrote:
Nilatai wrote:

No but Europeans certainly have the Lion's share! I blame the English mostly. Bastards



True, but I'm really digging the latest Dr. Who, so I'm going to have to cut them some slack.

I'm sure my countrymen appreciate it. I'm still kind of ****** about what Cromwell did to my ancestors, though. The *******.
____________________________
My Movember page
Solrain wrote:
WARs can use semi-colons however we want. I once killed a guy with a semi-colon.

LordFaramir wrote:
ODESNT MATTER CAUSE I HAVE ALCHOLOL IN MY VEINGS BETCH ;3
#174 Mar 05 2012 at 5:32 PM Rating: Good
**
505 posts
Nilatai wrote:
CoalHeart wrote:
Nilatai wrote:

No but Europeans certainly have the Lion's share! I blame the English mostly. Bastards



True, but I'm really digging the latest Dr. Who, so I'm going to have to cut them some slack.

I'm sure my countrymen appreciate it. I'm still kind of ****** about what Cromwell did to my ancestors, though. The *******.



I guess I just have a different take on it. Not that I feel you're wrong, I just see it another way. I consider myself the result of one specific sperm joining one specific egg. If past events had been any different, I wouldn't be here and neither would you. Then again, maybe we would. Who knows?
____________________________
Never regret.To regret is to assume.
#175 Mar 05 2012 at 5:34 PM Rating: Good
Encyclopedia
******
31,767 posts
Nilatai wrote:
CoalHeart wrote:
Nilatai wrote:
It's really sad when people talk sh*t about the overwhelming majority, isn't it? QQ


Only if those doing it claim to be against racism.
Pointing out crappy things done by a group of people to another group of people != racism.


Correct. So we should point out when people do crappy things to other people on the basis of which group they are in and work hard to stop them from doing so. Because, as you say, that's the non-racist way of dealing with the problem.

On the other hand, deciding to create a disadvantage for the entire group in an attempt to somehow balance out the actions of some within that group is absolutely racist. You now become the person judging an entire group of people based on the color of their skin and completely lose any high ground you might have had on the issue.

Quote:
Are you really going to claim white people are being treated unfairly here?


As Eske pointed out. Some absolutely are. I also agree that treating everyone based on the racial group they are rather than their individual actions is wrong at the least, and frankly also racist.

Quote:
We've done some pretty sh*tty things over the course of history.


Again though, who's "we"? The white kid applying for college who doesn't make the cut because AA put someone else of a different color ahead of him? Did that guy do something to deserve that? We supposedly threw guilt by association out centuries ago, but guilt by racial group is still alive and well apparently. We can punish that one guy, not because of anything he did, nor anything people he knows or associates with did, but purely because of his skin color?


And some people are not only ok with this, but actually support it in the name of "fighting racism"? I think that's just bizarre.

Edited, Mar 5th 2012 3:45pm by gbaji
____________________________
King Nobby wrote:
More words please
#176 Mar 05 2012 at 5:56 PM Rating: Good
gbaji wrote:
Nilatai wrote:
CoalHeart wrote:
Nilatai wrote:
It's really sad when people talk sh*t about the overwhelming majority, isn't it? QQ


Only if those doing it claim to be against racism.
Pointing out crappy things done by a group of people to another group of people != racism.


Correct.
Right. It's class warfare perpetrated by those with power on those lacking it.

I''m glad we can finally agree on something.Smiley: nod
____________________________
Allegory wrote:
Bijou your art is exceptionally creepy. It seems like their should be something menacing about it, yet no such tone is present.
#177 Mar 05 2012 at 7:57 PM Rating: Decent
Prodigal Son
*****
19,982 posts
gbaji wrote:
Again though, who's "we"? The white kid applying for college who doesn't make the cut because AA put someone else of a different color ahead of him? Did that guy do something to deserve that? We supposedly threw guilt by association out centuries ago, but guilt by racial group is still alive and well apparently. We can punish that one guy, not because of anything he did, nor anything people he knows or associates with did, but purely because of his skin color?

Does this mean we can forget about Reparations?
____________________________
publiusvarus wrote:
we all know liberals are well adjusted american citizens who only want what's best for society. While conservatives are evil money grubbing scum who only want to sh*t on the little man and rob the world of its resources.
#178 Mar 06 2012 at 8:31 AM Rating: Good
******
43,994 posts
And I had just finished making this batch of Rice Krispy Treats.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#179 Mar 06 2012 at 9:27 AM Rating: Good
Drunken English Bastard
*****
15,264 posts
I should clarify I don't support AA. I just don't think people should whine when they're in an overwhelming majority about how much they're being oppressed. Does not compute.
____________________________
My Movember page
Solrain wrote:
WARs can use semi-colons however we want. I once killed a guy with a semi-colon.

LordFaramir wrote:
ODESNT MATTER CAUSE I HAVE ALCHOLOL IN MY VEINGS BETCH ;3
#180 Mar 06 2012 at 9:39 AM Rating: Good
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
16,065 posts
lolgaxe wrote:
And I had just finished making this batch of Rice Krispy Treats.
Smiley: inlove

Did you make enough for everyone?
____________________________
Alma wrote:
Post and be happy!
#181 Mar 06 2012 at 9:41 AM Rating: Excellent
******
43,994 posts
Sorry, just enough for the people my family didn't own since none of my family tree was here until the 1900s.

Edited, Mar 6th 2012 10:42am by lolgaxe
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#182 Mar 06 2012 at 10:05 AM Rating: Good
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
16,065 posts
lolgaxe wrote:
Sorry, just enough for the people my family didn't own since none of my family tree was here until the 1900s.

Edited, Mar 6th 2012 10:42am by lolgaxe

I'd be willing to smear my face with black-ash to get a rice crispy treat.

The results of this study just released are sort of relevant to the is conversation. It claims that minority students are punished more harshly than white students.

I suppose you could say we over-punish minority students while in HS, then we turn around and over-reward them (via AA) as they leave HS (if they've not already quit or been expelled).

Edit: Oopsy - LINK to article about study.

Edited, Mar 6th 2012 5:06pm by Elinda
____________________________
Alma wrote:
Post and be happy!
#183 Mar 06 2012 at 10:53 AM Rating: Good
****
6,470 posts
Nilatai wrote:
I should clarify I don't support AA. I just don't think people should whine when they're in an overwhelming majority about how much they're being oppressed. Does not compute.


Are you referring to anyone specifically?

If not, I'd simply state that there are people in that overwhelming majority who get oppressed. I won't begrudge them a whine now and again.
____________________________
Latest Articles:
Monaco: What's Yours is Mine Review

Follow me on Twitter!
#184 Mar 06 2012 at 10:59 AM Rating: Good
Drunken English Bastard
*****
15,264 posts
Eske Esquire wrote:
Nilatai wrote:
I should clarify I don't support AA. I just don't think people should whine when they're in an overwhelming majority about how much they're being oppressed. Does not compute.


Are you referring to anyone specifically?

If not, I'd simply state that there are people in that overwhelming majority who get oppressed. I won't begrudge them a whine now and again.

No one specifically. It does go for all majorities, though. White middle class protestant males, mostly, though.
____________________________
My Movember page
Solrain wrote:
WARs can use semi-colons however we want. I once killed a guy with a semi-colon.

LordFaramir wrote:
ODESNT MATTER CAUSE I HAVE ALCHOLOL IN MY VEINGS BETCH ;3
#185 Mar 06 2012 at 11:10 AM Rating: Good
****
6,470 posts
Nilatai wrote:
Eske Esquire wrote:
Nilatai wrote:
I should clarify I don't support AA. I just don't think people should whine when they're in an overwhelming majority about how much they're being oppressed. Does not compute.


Are you referring to anyone specifically?

If not, I'd simply state that there are people in that overwhelming majority who get oppressed. I won't begrudge them a whine now and again.

No one specifically. It does go for all majorities, though. White middle class protestant males, mostly, though.


I think you view the world with too many generalities. Seen it before with your views on religion.
____________________________
Latest Articles:
Monaco: What's Yours is Mine Review

Follow me on Twitter!
#186 Mar 06 2012 at 11:21 AM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
Nilatai wrote:
White

****.
Quote:
middle class

****.
Quote:
protestant

Yes!
Quote:
males

****.

I'll take 25%. Let the oppressed ******** begin!
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#187 Mar 06 2012 at 12:57 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,286 posts
I read the thread and rated up gbaji a bunch.

How the **** did that happen?
____________________________
Server: Midgardsormr
Occupation: Reckless Red Mage

IcookPizza wrote:

I think RDM's neurotic omniscience is sooooooo worth including in any alliance.
#188 Mar 06 2012 at 2:36 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
****
7,472 posts
Its ok I corrected your mistake.
____________________________
HEY GOOGLE. **** OFF YOU. **** YOUR ******** SEARCH ENGINE IN ITS ******* ****** BINARY ***. ALL DAY LONG.

#189 Mar 06 2012 at 4:53 PM Rating: Decent
Drunken English Bastard
*****
15,264 posts
Eske Esquire wrote:
Nilatai wrote:
Eske Esquire wrote:
Nilatai wrote:
I should clarify I don't support AA. I just don't think people should whine when they're in an overwhelming majority about how much they're being oppressed. Does not compute.


Are you referring to anyone specifically?

If not, I'd simply state that there are people in that overwhelming majority who get oppressed. I won't begrudge them a whine now and again.

No one specifically. It does go for all majorities, though. White middle class protestant males, mostly, though.


I think you view the world with too many generalities. Seen it before with your views on religion.

Maybe. I'm probably going off of what I see here in the UK more than anything. I see a bunch of Tory voters whining about how they're being oppressed by multiculturalism and the like.

By which they mean they're having to make accommodation in their lives for people who aren't white middle class or...well not so much the protestant thing. The religious right don't really come out to play here any more. Most of them are C of E, though.


Also is the new reply text annoying anyone else's eyes?
____________________________
My Movember page
Solrain wrote:
WARs can use semi-colons however we want. I once killed a guy with a semi-colon.

LordFaramir wrote:
ODESNT MATTER CAUSE I HAVE ALCHOLOL IN MY VEINGS BETCH ;3
#190 Mar 06 2012 at 5:06 PM Rating: Excellent
Meat Popsicle
*****
11,896 posts
Nilatai wrote:

Also is the new reply text annoying anyone else's eyes?


Large text is large.
____________________________
That monster in the mirror, he just might be you. -Grover
#191 Mar 07 2012 at 5:28 AM Rating: Good
******
27,272 posts
someproteinguy wrote:
Nilatai wrote:

Also is the new reply text annoying anyone else's eyes?


Large text is large.
I thought I had accidentally pressed ctrl, + until I realised the rest was still normally sized.
I imagine Bijou's happy with it though.
____________________________
Theophany wrote:
YOU'RE AN ELITIST @#%^ AETHIEN, NO WONDER YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS AND PEOPLE HATE YOU.
someproteinguy wrote:
Aethien you take more terrible pictures than a Japanese tourist.
Astarin wrote:
One day, Maz, you'll learn not to click on anything Aeth links.
#192 Mar 07 2012 at 8:04 AM Rating: Good
Everyone's Oiran
Avatar
*****
15,923 posts
I'm happy too! I didn't realise how blind I'd gotten till I got my glasses! OMG I CAN SEE!
____________________________
<3

http://www.reddit.com/r/Forum4/
#193 Mar 07 2012 at 8:24 AM Rating: Excellent
Gurue
*****
16,289 posts
What new reply text? It looks the same to me.
#194 Mar 07 2012 at 9:47 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
****
9,021 posts
Nilatai wrote:

Also is the new reply text annoying anyone else's eyes?


I thought it was only me..... There should be an option to change it.
____________________________
Demea wrote:
Almalieque wrote:

I'm biased against statistics
#195 Mar 07 2012 at 11:23 AM Rating: Excellent
Almalieque wrote:
Nilatai wrote:

Also is the new reply text annoying anyone else's eyes?


I thought it was only me..... There should be an option to change it.

There is http://wow.allakhazam.com/forum.html?forum=3&mid=1330990642201038680&p=1#8
____________________________
01001001 00100000 01001100 01001001 01001011 01000101 00100000 01000011 01000001 01001011 01000101
You'll always be stupid, you'll just be stupid with more information in your brain
Forum FAQ
#196 Mar 07 2012 at 1:55 PM Rating: Good
Drunken English Bastard
*****
15,264 posts
Sir Xsarus wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
Nilatai wrote:

Also is the new reply text annoying anyone else's eyes?


I thought it was only me..... There should be an option to change it.

There is http://wow.allakhazam.com/forum.html?forum=3&mid=1330990642201038680&p=1#8

Thaanks. Smiley: flowers
____________________________
My Movember page
Solrain wrote:
WARs can use semi-colons however we want. I once killed a guy with a semi-colon.

LordFaramir wrote:
ODESNT MATTER CAUSE I HAVE ALCHOLOL IN MY VEINGS BETCH ;3
#197 Mar 07 2012 at 2:24 PM Rating: Good
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
16,065 posts
Nilatai wrote:
Sir Xsarus wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
Nilatai wrote:

Also is the new reply text annoying anyone else's eyes?


I thought it was only me..... There should be an option to change it.

There is http://wow.allakhazam.com/forum.html?forum=3&mid=1330990642201038680&p=1#8

Thaanks. Smiley: flowers

Use the everquest skin. It's a nice totally unoffensive tan/nude/light brown color combo and it never changes...ever.
____________________________
Alma wrote:
Post and be happy!
#198 Mar 07 2012 at 3:39 PM Rating: Excellent
Gurue
*****
16,289 posts
Oh, so the reply feature only changed on the other skins? EQ1 skin wins again, yay!
#199 Mar 07 2012 at 3:56 PM Rating: Decent
Encyclopedia
******
31,767 posts
Elinda wrote:
The results of this study just released are sort of relevant to the is conversation. It claims that minority students are punished more harshly than white students.


The article you linked to says that. The statistics they quoted from the study only say that minority students are punished more often than white students. It's pretty speculative to assume this means that the same exact behavior at the same school results in greater punishment because someone is a minority.

Quote:
I suppose you could say we over-punish minority students while in HS, then we turn around and over-reward them (via AA) as they leave HS (if they've not already quit or been expelled).


Or... People release studies which almost no one will read, which are then reported on by people who will be read far more widely in such a way as to suggest that this is the case.


No one's disputing that there are socio-economic factors which result in black and latinos being subject to disciplinary actions more often (and more harshly) than other groups. The results in that study should not surprise anyone who's looked at prison statistics. It's the same thing, right?

The question is about what we do about it. And I don't think that AA helps at all. I think it treats the wrong problem, in the wrong way, and allows the real problem to go by unaddressed. So each generation that gap in "real" outcome grows, but instead of doing anything about it, we comfort ourselves that we're offsetting that with some bonuses on the back end. And while I'm sure AA helps out the middle class black folks just fine, I don't think it's doing a whole **** of a lot at all for those who are really suffering.
____________________________
King Nobby wrote:
More words please
#200 Mar 08 2012 at 12:12 AM Rating: Decent
Gbaji wrote:
The question is about what we do about it. And I don't think that AA helps at all. I think it treats the wrong problem, in the wrong way, and allows the real problem to go by unaddressed. So each generation that gap in "real" outcome grows, but instead of doing anything about it, we comfort ourselves that we're offsetting that with some bonuses on the back end. And while I'm sure AA helps out the middle class black folks just fine, I don't think it's doing a whole **** of a lot at all for those who are really suffering.


And your solution is?
____________________________
"The Rich are there to take all of the money & pay none of the taxes, the middle class is there to do all the work and pay all the taxes, and the poor are there to scare the crap out of the middle class." -George Carlin


#201 Mar 08 2012 at 12:20 AM Rating: Good
Nadenu wrote:
Oh, so the reply feature only changed on the other skins? EQ1 skin wins again, yay!
I'm on the EQ skin.Smiley: mad

It's the text window for respond/quote with the larger and changed font. I'm on FF, though...Chrome users are apparently not affected.
____________________________
Allegory wrote:
Bijou your art is exceptionally creepy. It seems like their should be something menacing about it, yet no such tone is present.
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help