Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

Omnibus GOP Primary ThreadFollow

#152 Dec 16 2011 at 3:02 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
****
7,476 posts
Duke Lubriderm wrote:
Why bother checking facts when the mindless drones who are your primary audience will eat anything you feed them?


Well its obviously because the experts know literally nothing about their fields of work.
____________________________
HEY GOOGLE. **** OFF YOU. **** YOUR ******** SEARCH ENGINE IN ITS ******* ****** BINARY ***. ALL DAY LONG.

#153 Dec 17 2011 at 7:35 AM Rating: Excellent
ArexLovesPie wrote:
Duke Lubriderm wrote:
Why bother checking facts when the mindless drones who are your primary audience will eat anything you feed them?


You didn't know Bill O'Reilly is the second coming of Christ?

I thought that was Hannity.
____________________________
Edited, Mar 21st 2011 2:14pm by Darqflame Lock Thread: Because Lubriderm is silly... ~ de geso

Almalieque wrote:
I know what a glory hole is, but I wasn't sure what the business part was in reference to.

My Anime List
#154 Dec 18 2011 at 9:30 PM Rating: Excellent
Screenshot
.
____________________________
Edited, Mar 21st 2011 2:14pm by Darqflame Lock Thread: Because Lubriderm is silly... ~ de geso

Almalieque wrote:
I know what a glory hole is, but I wasn't sure what the business part was in reference to.

My Anime List
#155 Dec 18 2011 at 9:48 PM Rating: Good
Unforkgettable
*****
13,251 posts
Duke Lubriderm wrote:
ArexLovesPie wrote:
Duke Lubriderm wrote:
Why bother checking facts when the mindless drones who are your primary audience will eat anything you feed them?


You didn't know Bill O'Reilly is the second coming of Christ?

I thought that was Hannity.
I thought it was Tebow.
____________________________
Banh
#156 Dec 18 2011 at 9:51 PM Rating: Excellent
Quote:
I thought it was Tebow.
Naw, Tebow is in the Alma category, where in it's only a matter of time before we find out that his aversion to women isn't just him being pious.
____________________________
Edited, Mar 21st 2011 2:14pm by Darqflame Lock Thread: Because Lubriderm is silly... ~ de geso

Almalieque wrote:
I know what a glory hole is, but I wasn't sure what the business part was in reference to.

My Anime List
#157 Dec 18 2011 at 10:04 PM Rating: Excellent
Needs More Smut
Avatar
******
20,519 posts
Ouch. So every time he Tebows after a touchdown, you think he's really praying away the ***?
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck. Once again a top bard on the server: Dardaubla 90 on 1/6/2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest on Lamia - Member of The Swarm and leader of Grammarian Tea House chat LS
#158 Dec 19 2011 at 1:33 AM Rating: Excellent
***
3,272 posts
catwho wrote:
Ouch. So every time he Tebows after a touchdown, you think he's really praying away the ***?


You'd have to pray pretty hard...
____________________________

(V)(;,,;)(V) Why not Zoidberg?
#159 Dec 19 2011 at 8:03 AM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
Gingrich's support has pretty much collapsed over the past week. Toss him on the pile with Cain and Perry.
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#160 Dec 19 2011 at 8:06 AM Rating: Excellent
******
44,314 posts
Whose turn is it this week?

Edited, Dec 19th 2011 9:19am by lolgaxe
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#161 Dec 19 2011 at 8:14 AM Rating: Excellent
Soulless Internet Tiger
******
34,744 posts
Obama's.
____________________________
Donate. One day it could be your family.
Need a hotel at a great rate? More hotels being added weekly.

An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come. Victor Hugo

#162 Dec 19 2011 at 8:18 AM Rating: Excellent
******
44,314 posts
He did have like 17% of the GOP Iowa Caucus.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#163 Dec 19 2011 at 8:20 AM Rating: Good
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
16,243 posts
Santorum?

If Bachmann could grow a ***** she might be a threat to fill the void.
____________________________
Alma wrote:
Post and be happy!
#164 Dec 19 2011 at 8:43 AM Rating: Excellent
Will swallow your soul
******
28,318 posts
lolgaxe wrote:
Whose turn is it this week?



Ron Paul's, if you look at the polls. Maybe it's time to address the crazy that looks less crazy than the crazy we've seen so far.

____________________________
In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

#165 Dec 19 2011 at 8:58 AM Rating: Excellent
There are always levels of crazy.
____________________________
01001001 00100000 01001100 01001001 01001011 01000101 00100000 01000011 01000001 01001011 01000101
You'll always be stupid, you'll just be stupid with more information in your brain
Forum FAQ
#166 Dec 19 2011 at 10:41 AM Rating: Excellent
***
3,272 posts
Elinda wrote:
Santorum?

If Bachmann could grow a ***** she might be a threat to fill the void.


This is the reason I always tell my wife I won't move across the river from Fargo into Moorhead. ND might be backwards, but most people from MN are just bat **** crazy.
____________________________

(V)(;,,;)(V) Why not Zoidberg?
#167 Dec 19 2011 at 10:57 AM Rating: Good
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
16,243 posts
ArexLovesPie wrote:
Elinda wrote:
Santorum?

If Bachmann could grow a ***** she might be a threat to fill the void.


This is the reason I always tell my wife I won't move across the river from Fargo into Moorhead. ND might be backwards, but most people from MN are just bat sh*t crazy.
I'm from MN.
____________________________
Alma wrote:
Post and be happy!
#168 Dec 19 2011 at 10:57 AM Rating: Excellent
Soulless Internet Tiger
******
34,744 posts
Case closed.
____________________________
Donate. One day it could be your family.
Need a hotel at a great rate? More hotels being added weekly.

An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come. Victor Hugo

#169 Dec 19 2011 at 1:25 PM Rating: Excellent
***
3,272 posts
Elinda wrote:
ArexLovesPie wrote:
Elinda wrote:
Santorum?

If Bachmann could grow a ***** she might be a threat to fill the void.


This is the reason I always tell my wife I won't move across the river from Fargo into Moorhead. ND might be backwards, but most people from MN are just bat sh*t crazy.
I'm from MN.


My wife is from MN, case in point.
____________________________

(V)(;,,;)(V) Why not Zoidberg?
#170 Dec 19 2011 at 3:34 PM Rating: Good
Prodigal Son
******
20,015 posts
Oh yah, you betcha!
____________________________
publiusvarus wrote:
we all know liberals are well adjusted american citizens who only want what's best for society. While conservatives are evil money grubbing scum who only want to sh*t on the little man and rob the world of its resources.
#171 Dec 19 2011 at 3:51 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
****
9,356 posts
It's hard to believe how painfully bad most of these candidates are.

____________________________
lolgaxe wrote:
When it comes to sitting around not doing anything for long periods of time, only being active for short windows, and marginal changes and sidegrades I'd say FFXI players were the perfect choice for politicians.

clicky
#172 Dec 19 2011 at 8:08 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
*****
12,055 posts
Olorinus wrote:
It's hard to believe how painfully bad most of these candidates are.



Yeah, but they could be a lot worse.
____________________________
Just as Planned.
#173 Dec 20 2011 at 2:55 AM Rating: Excellent
Timelordwho wrote:
Olorinus wrote:
It's hard to believe how painfully bad most of these candidates are.



Yeah, but they could be a lot worse.
Could only be worse if John Wayne Gacey threw his hat into the ring.
____________________________
Edited, Mar 21st 2011 2:14pm by Darqflame Lock Thread: Because Lubriderm is silly... ~ de geso

Almalieque wrote:
I know what a glory hole is, but I wasn't sure what the business part was in reference to.

My Anime List
#174 Dec 20 2011 at 11:38 AM Rating: Decent
Needs More Smut
Avatar
******
20,519 posts
Ron Paul is a different flavor of crazy than what we've had so far.

Bachmann: Religious crazy
Perry: Stupid crazy
Cain: Harassing crazy
Newt: Arrogant crazy

Santorum repeats Bachmann's religious crazy so he's not an option. Huntsman is actually rather sane, so he's out. Romney is not crazy enough and is the wrong brand of Christianity (like Santorum and Newt and Huntsman) so the GOP base is resisting him as hard as they can.

Ron Paul's libertarian crazy is amazing because it's not really crazy. It's a cold, hard sanity that is in many respects devoid of humanity and empathy. It isn't so much that he isn't crazy enough for the Goposaurs, but he's the wrong kind of crazy and they don't know what to make of it. It's the unfamiliar crazy that has them hesitating.

Ron Paul actually has the ability to energize the youth base of the GOP, unlike everyone else in the field. Friends that I was not aware are politically active or interested are supporting him as the sleeper candidate, and a lot of the youngsters at Occupy Wall Street are totally enamored with him. He's also made the smart move of putting out great web commercials that are going viral, and striking a chord with even some Dems over things like the war in Afghanistan.
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck. Once again a top bard on the server: Dardaubla 90 on 1/6/2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest on Lamia - Member of The Swarm and leader of Grammarian Tea House chat LS
#175 Dec 20 2011 at 11:45 AM Rating: Excellent
Will swallow your soul
******
28,318 posts
Ron Paul is not appealing to the far right because he's fanatically conservative fiscally, which they purported are but really aren't, and he's quite moderate, to the point of indifference, socially.

The far right is just the opposite. They have no problem spending us under as long as the money is spent on, pardon the pun, the right things. And they are rabid social engineers.

For moderates who just want some fiscal balance, he looks good at first glance - if you can get past his history of racist comments, for example, and the fact that he doesn't seem to understand or care about the results of his proposed actions.

He seems to think that we operate in a vacuum, and the economics is a zero-sum accounting sheet.
____________________________
In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

#176 Dec 20 2011 at 11:52 AM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
That and Paul's foreign policy ideas are pretty much the opposite of most conservative Republicans'.
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#177 Dec 20 2011 at 11:54 AM Rating: Excellent
Will swallow your soul
******
28,318 posts
Right, that falls under the "as long as we overspend on what they want". Much of what they want is good old American imperialism, and what he wants is to dismantle the armed forces except for pure defense. It's not realistic, but it is admirable in, say, a well-meaning eighth-grader.

____________________________
In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

#178varusword75, Posted: Dec 20 2011 at 11:55 AM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Cat,
#179 Dec 20 2011 at 11:56 AM Rating: Excellent
******
44,314 posts
Well, Obama is a GOP front runner.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#180 Dec 20 2011 at 12:04 PM Rating: Excellent
***
3,272 posts
lolgaxe wrote:
Well, Obama is a GOP front runner.


I see what you did there...
____________________________

(V)(;,,;)(V) Why not Zoidberg?
#181 Dec 20 2011 at 12:06 PM Rating: Excellent
Needs More Smut
Avatar
******
20,519 posts
It's interesting, because the GOP establishment is now having its "come to Jesus" moments where they are supposed to endorse their annointed candidate (Romney.) But if the electorate is leaning to Ron Paul, in a last ditch effort to have a Not Romney, then you've got the leaders endorsing too early and it's going to make for some pretty interesting primaries and caucuses, and in the end, a weaker candidate.
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck. Once again a top bard on the server: Dardaubla 90 on 1/6/2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest on Lamia - Member of The Swarm and leader of Grammarian Tea House chat LS
#182 Dec 20 2011 at 12:07 PM Rating: Excellent
Will swallow your soul
******
28,318 posts
The convention should be interesting. I've seen bloggers suggest, based on what I don't know, that both Jeb Bush and Sarah Palin will make a pitch on the convention floor - presumably for their own candidacies rather than in support of any of the current field.

____________________________
In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

#183 Dec 20 2011 at 12:10 PM Rating: Excellent
***
3,272 posts
Samira wrote:
The convention should be interesting. I've seen bloggers suggest, based on what I don't know, that both Jeb Bush and Sarah Palin will make a pitch on the convention floor - presumably for their own candidacies rather than in support of any of the current field.



Hmm, more crazy GOP candidates. I didn't think it possible.
____________________________

(V)(;,,;)(V) Why not Zoidberg?
#184 Dec 20 2011 at 12:13 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
Palin doesn't want to be president or VP. That'd be actual work and she rakes it in now just babbling to the faithful on Fox.
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#185 Dec 20 2011 at 12:16 PM Rating: Excellent
Will swallow your soul
******
28,318 posts
True, but she does SO love the attention.

I can see her making a pitch at the convention and just finessing it so she can't quite win the nom. That'd be worth some great martyr mileage on the circuit.
____________________________
In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

#186 Dec 20 2011 at 12:38 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
****
9,356 posts
this is shaping up to be one of the most hilarious and awesome political spectacles I've seen in awhile. I don't think the pubbies have a hope of defeating obama, honestly - even with the left wing disillusion.

the whole Ron Paul thing is interesting to me- if only because his campaigning has hit my social networks - which suggests his meme is being carried by some seemingly unlikely wires.
____________________________
lolgaxe wrote:
When it comes to sitting around not doing anything for long periods of time, only being active for short windows, and marginal changes and sidegrades I'd say FFXI players were the perfect choice for politicians.

clicky
#187 Dec 20 2011 at 1:49 PM Rating: Good
***
3,272 posts
Jophiel wrote:
Palin doesn't want to be president or VP. That'd be actual work and she rakes it in now just babbling to the faithfulmoose populace on Fox.


FTFY
____________________________

(V)(;,,;)(V) Why not Zoidberg?
#188 Dec 20 2011 at 1:57 PM Rating: Excellent
******
44,314 posts
ArexLovesPie wrote:
Jophiel wrote:
Palin doesn't want to be president or VP. That'd be actual work and she rakes it in now just babbling to the faithful moose populace on Fox.
FTFY
Are you trying to imply that moose can't be faithful?
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#189 Dec 20 2011 at 1:59 PM Rating: Excellent
***
3,272 posts
lolgaxe wrote:
ArexLovesPie wrote:
Jophiel wrote:
Palin doesn't want to be president or VP. That'd be actual work and she rakes it in now just babbling to the faithful moose populace on Fox.
FTFY
Are you trying to imply that moose can't be faithful?


Moose are subject to high rates of infidelity. Common knowledge!
____________________________

(V)(;,,;)(V) Why not Zoidberg?
#190 Dec 20 2011 at 2:17 PM Rating: Good
Prodigal Son
******
20,015 posts
A moose once bit my sister.
____________________________
publiusvarus wrote:
we all know liberals are well adjusted american citizens who only want what's best for society. While conservatives are evil money grubbing scum who only want to sh*t on the little man and rob the world of its resources.
#191 Dec 20 2011 at 2:22 PM Rating: Good
******
44,314 posts
She shøuldn't have been karving her initials øn the møøse with the sharpened end of an interspace tøøthbrush given her by Svenge - her brother-in-law - an Øslø dentist and star øf many Norwegian møvies: "The Høt Hands of an Øslø Dentist", "Fillings of Passiøn", "The Huge Mølars of Hørst Nørdfink"...


Edited, Dec 20th 2011 3:22pm by lolgaxe
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#192 Dec 20 2011 at 2:25 PM Rating: Excellent
***
3,272 posts
Derailed into Monty Python. My work here is finished.
____________________________

(V)(;,,;)(V) Why not Zoidberg?
#193 Dec 20 2011 at 2:36 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
Speaking of politics (a page or so ago), I've sent off angrygrams to all of my elected federal representation in the past week.

Rrwar! Smiley: motz
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#194 Dec 20 2011 at 2:59 PM Rating: Excellent
Will swallow your soul
******
28,318 posts
What were you angrygramming about, Joph?

____________________________
In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

#195 Dec 20 2011 at 3:02 PM Rating: Excellent
******
44,314 posts
I'm picturing the "Candygram for Mongo!" scene here.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#196 Dec 20 2011 at 3:23 PM Rating: Excellent
****
6,470 posts
Samira wrote:
What were you angrygramming about, Joph?



Those damned kids on his lawn, of course.
____________________________
Latest Articles:
Monaco: What's Yours is Mine Review

Follow me on Twitter!
#197 Dec 20 2011 at 3:40 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
Mr. President & Senator Durbin were given my opinion of them dropping various provisions in regards to recent legislature.

Senator Kirk sent me some survey which was basically "Should we add to the deficit to extend the payroll tax cut?" because apparently that's the only way to have it. I asked why he wasn't interested in exploring other ways of offsetting it. The shame of it is that I started out really disliking Kirk and was slowly warming to him but then he does dumb shit apparently just to remind me which party he's with.

Representative Kinzinger was thanked for voting today to raise my taxes and I told him I'd think of him as I gazed upon my next (smaller) paycheck this holiday season Smiley: smile
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#198varusword75, Posted: Dec 20 2011 at 3:46 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Olo,
#199 Dec 20 2011 at 4:12 PM Rating: Excellent
Varus. If the election was today, who would you vote for? Honest question.
____________________________
Allegory wrote:
Bijou your art is exceptionally creepy. It seems like their should be something menacing about it, yet no such tone is present.
#200 Dec 20 2011 at 4:39 PM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
****
5,159 posts
Whoa, if you say it's an honest question, then that means it's anything but. Just what's your agenda, Bijou?
#201 Dec 20 2011 at 4:46 PM Rating: Good
******
44,314 posts
Grampa's off his meds.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 39 All times are in CST
Poldaran, TirithRR, Anonymous Guests (37)