Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

Omnibus GOP Primary ThreadFollow

#1152 Apr 07 2012 at 7:03 AM Rating: Good
Lunatic
******
29,431 posts

The problem is that the media is so far in the tank for the Dems


The media is in the tank for controversy. They don't care who wins an election, so long as it's a colorful election. Given the "scary mormon" adds I've previewed at some of them DEM superpacs, I expect it's going to be colorful!

Something to look forward to.

You idiots nominated a Mormon. Do you know how trivial it is to get evangelicals to stay home rather than to go out and vote for a Mormon???

Fools.
____________________________
Disclaimer:

To make a long story short, I don't take any responsibility for anything I post here. It's not news, it's not truth, it's not serious. It's parody. It's satire. It's bitter. It's angsty. Your mother's a *****. You like to jack off dogs. That's right, you heard me. You like to grab that dog by the bone and rub it like a ski pole. Your dad? ***. Your priest? Straight. **** off and let me post. It's not true, it's all in good fun. Now go away.

#1153 Apr 07 2012 at 7:33 AM Rating: Excellent
Soulless Internet Tiger
******
34,699 posts
gbaji wrote:
2. A system where there are nearly no small private doctors offices. All medicine is doled out in large health care centers where you must file a stack of paperwork just to get a bump looked at, and it can easily take several hours of waiting for anything but an extreme emergency. Most of the centers require health insurance which costs thousands of dollars a year. If you don't have it, you *might* be able to see a doctor, but they're going to charge you many times more than what it would cost in the first system.
Is this how you think universal healthcare works? No wonder you're against it, you have on idea what it actually is.
____________________________
Donate. One day it could be your family.
Need a hotel at a great rate? More hotels being added weekly.

An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come. Victor Hugo

#1154 Apr 07 2012 at 8:14 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
****
7,471 posts
Uglysasquatch wrote:
gbaji wrote:
2. A system where there are nearly no small private doctors offices. All medicine is doled out in large health care centers where you must file a stack of paperwork just to get a bump looked at, and it can easily take several hours of waiting for anything but an extreme emergency. Most of the centers require health insurance which costs thousands of dollars a year. If you don't have it, you *might* be able to see a doctor, but they're going to charge you many times more than what it would cost in the first system.
Is this how you think universal healthcare works? No wonder you're against it, you have on idea what it actually is.


Ya i mentioned that the last time gibberish boy tried to tell us why the vast majority of the first world was wrong. Even though they all pay less per person, and have access to better care.

He has no clue what he is talking about. **** he doesn't even understand how the current system works.
____________________________
HEY GOOGLE. **** OFF YOU. **** YOUR ******** SEARCH ENGINE IN ITS ******* ****** BINARY ***. ALL DAY LONG.

#1155 Apr 07 2012 at 8:26 AM Rating: Excellent
Screenshot
.
____________________________
Edited, Mar 21st 2011 2:14pm by Darqflame Lock Thread: Because Lubriderm is silly... ~ de geso

Almalieque wrote:
I know what a glory hole is, but I wasn't sure what the business part was in reference to.

My Anime List
#1156 Apr 07 2012 at 12:15 PM Rating: Excellent
Everyone's Oiran
Avatar
*****
15,923 posts
Not only are there a bajillion General Practicioners (Family Doctors) in small private practices practically everywhere there are people in Australia*, I've also called one out to visit me at home at 10:30 at night, which the taxpayer kindly refunded most of the visit for.

I tend to be able to pay doctors upfront and get an immediate government refund, these days. When I was younger and poorer, I generally signed a doctor's bill and they sent it in to Medicare (Fed. gov. agency), which cut a cheque directly to the private doctor, meaning I didn't have to pay myself sometime during the line. Now that Medicare has gone all direct debit on the refund-to-patients process, I don't know if they still use cheques or not to pay doctors.

*Outback doctors tend to be substandard, non-existent, or have closed patient books. But then there usually aren't any services of any kind in the Outback except petrol stations and pubs.

Edited, Apr 7th 2012 2:17pm by Aripyanfar
____________________________
<3

http://www.reddit.com/r/Forum4/
#1157 Apr 07 2012 at 1:16 PM Rating: Excellent
****
9,278 posts
Gbaji wrote:
2. A system where there are nearly no small private doctors offices. All medicine is doled out in large health care centers where you must file a stack of paperwork just to get a bump looked at, and it can easily take several hours of waiting for anything but an extreme emergency. Most of the centers require health insurance which costs thousands of dollars a year. If you don't have it, you *might* be able to see a doctor, but they're going to charge you many times more than what it would cost in the first system.


How about:

3. A system where there are both private doctors and those in public centers. Medicine is doled out without any paperwork(sometimes one form or two having to do with a specific test or condition) being necessary. Most of the centers are open to the public and free of charge, no health insurance necessary, some smaller centers and private offices are open only to the patients of the specific doctors working there, but are still free of charge and paperwork free. In emergencies, there are ERs in the hospitals, which are also paperwork free, and free of charge. No one is prevented from receiving health care.
____________________________
Master Meleagant Driftwood of Stromm, Warrior of the 69th level(EQ)
Rhyys, Human Warrior of 67th level(WoW)

The World Is Not A Cold Dead Place.
Alan Watts wrote:
I am omnipotent insofar as I am the Universe, but I am not an omnipotent in the role of Alan Watts, only cunning


Eske wrote:
I've always read Driftwood as the straight man in varus' double act. It helps if you read all of his posts in the voice of Droopy Dog.
#1158 Apr 08 2012 at 12:18 AM Rating: Excellent
Everyone's Oiran
Avatar
*****
15,923 posts
Oo, oo, then there was that time I was 8 and I had a fever. I got up in the middle of the night and went to the toilet, then started hallucinating that I was on the moon and there was no atmosphere. I shrieked the neighbourhood down for two or three minutes before my parents got to me and shook me and shook me and yelled enough to get me to finally snap out of the hallucination and stop screaming. They called a doctor out at what had to have been 2 or 3 am. It was the Flu.
____________________________
<3

http://www.reddit.com/r/Forum4/
#1159 Apr 09 2012 at 7:54 AM Rating: Excellent
******
43,937 posts
Smasharoo wrote:

The problem is that the media is so far in the tank for the Dems


The media is in the tank for controversy.
But it's a convenient scapegoat when things aren't going your way. "Oh, it's the media's fault our guy isn't as liked as he should be because of the other guy!"
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#1160 Apr 09 2012 at 7:59 PM Rating: Decent
Encyclopedia
******
31,748 posts
Smasharoo wrote:

The problem is that the media is so far in the tank for the Dems


The media is in the tank for controversy.


Yes. But they are also in the tank for the Dems.

Quote:
They don't care who wins an election, so long as it's a colorful election.


Wrong. They absolutely care who wins an election, and for most of them, it's the Dems they want to win. They usually accomplish this by repeating any colorful thing that comes along that makes the Dems look good or the GOP look back with the minimum amount of fact checking possible.

Quote:
Given the "scary mormon" adds I've previewed at some of them DEM superpacs, I expect it's going to be colorful!


Uh huh. Case in point.

How about not pretending you don't know exactly why the overwhelming majority of the media will repeat and hype scary claims about Mormons (or whatever else comes along) this time around, but downplayed the Birther thing in the last election, and the Rev Wright thing, and the Aires thing, and a veritable laundry list of things that they *could* have made into colorful and scary stories for mass consumption but magically choose not to when it was a black Democrat running.

Quote:
You idiots nominated a Mormon. Do you know how trivial it is to get evangelicals to stay home rather than to go out and vote for a Mormon???


Far less trivial than it is to get liberals to think that it'll be trivial to get evangelicals to stay home rather than vote for a Morman. Delusion works in all directions Smash. But then you know that.

Quote:
Fools.


They should have expected the Spanish Inquisition, obviously!
____________________________
King Nobby wrote:
More words please
#1161 Apr 09 2012 at 8:00 PM Rating: Excellent
I've always said fox news is a left wing organization.
____________________________
01001001 00100000 01001100 01001001 01001011 01000101 00100000 01000011 01000001 01001011 01000101
You'll always be stupid, you'll just be stupid with more information in your brain
Forum FAQ
#1162 Apr 10 2012 at 12:15 AM Rating: Good
Inorite?

At least CNN and MSNBC have a few conservative pundits/newscasters. As far as I can tell, Fox News has no liberal anything besides the occasional guest, and they never let them finish their sentences anyways. There are some liberal pundits who are guilty of this too of course, and it annoys me. In fact, that's one of the reasons I like Rachel Maddow so much. She doesn't yell or scream, and she doesn't interrupt people. There are other reasons I like her of course, but those are two things that make her really stand out as a pundit. I really liked Keith Olbermann for a long time, until he started showing what an *** he was, and began acting like a liberal version of Bill O'Reilley.
____________________________
Proudmoore US server:
Popina, 90 Priest
Digits, 86 Shaman
Thelesis, 85 Mage
Willowmei, 85 Druid
Necralita, 85 DK
Shrika, 72 Warlock
Jaquelle, 54 Paladin
Grakine, 32 Hunter
The MMO-Zam's FB group. Please message me first so I know who you are.
#1163 Apr 10 2012 at 7:46 AM Rating: Excellent
******
43,937 posts
Fox News doesn't count because Republicans are always right.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#1164 Apr 10 2012 at 8:01 AM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
Wokka-wokka-wokka!
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#1165 Apr 10 2012 at 8:02 AM Rating: Excellent
***
2,798 posts
lolgaxe wrote:
Fox News doesn't count because Republicans are always right.


What you did there, I see it.
____________________________
Sir Xsarus wrote:
That's pretty much the best ninja edit ever.


Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
Midgarsormr realm
Eartha Kitty 30 BRD/12 MNK
#1166 Apr 10 2012 at 10:13 AM Rating: Good
Needs More Smut
Avatar
******
20,446 posts
PigtailsOfDoom wrote:
Inorite?

At least CNN and MSNBC have a few conservative pundits/newscasters. As far as I can tell, Fox News has no liberal anything besides the occasional guest, and they never let them finish their sentences anyways. There are some liberal pundits who are guilty of this too of course, and it annoys me. In fact, that's one of the reasons I like Rachel Maddow so much. She doesn't yell or scream, and she doesn't interrupt people. There are other reasons I like her of course, but those are two things that make her really stand out as a pundit. I really liked Keith Olbermann for a long time, until he started showing what an *** he was, and began acting like a liberal version of Bill O'Reilley.


That's one reason I adore her, too. I recall one show where she called someone out for lying, and warned she wasn't going to dress it up in pretty terms like "misunderstanding." She looked straight at the camera, and like a kindergarten teacher said, "This is what we call lyyinnnng."

Edited, Apr 10th 2012 12:33pm by catwho
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck. Once again a top bard on the server: Dardaubla 90 on 1/6/2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest on Lamia - Member of The Swarm and leader of Grammarian Tea House chat LS
#1167 Apr 10 2012 at 10:27 AM Rating: Excellent
****
6,470 posts
I can't stand Maddow. She's obnoxiously condescending.
____________________________
Latest Articles:
Monaco: What's Yours is Mine Review

Follow me on Twitter!
#1168 Apr 10 2012 at 10:35 AM Rating: Excellent
Needs More Smut
Avatar
******
20,446 posts
Eske Esquire wrote:
I can't stand Maddow. She's obnoxiously condescending.


She has a PhD in politics from Oxford. She's allowed to be a little condescending, at least.
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck. Once again a top bard on the server: Dardaubla 90 on 1/6/2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest on Lamia - Member of The Swarm and leader of Grammarian Tea House chat LS
#1169 Apr 10 2012 at 12:55 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
***
2,585 posts
Santorum dropped out of the race today.
LInk
____________________________
Dandruffshampoo wrote:
Curses, beaten by Professor stupidopo-opo.
Annabella, Goblin in Disguise wrote:
Stupidmonkey is more organized than a bag of raccoons.
#1170 Apr 10 2012 at 12:57 PM Rating: Excellent
******
43,937 posts
I, for one, did not see that coming at all.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#1171 Apr 10 2012 at 1:25 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
There's been rumors of it for the past few days. Santorum's Pennsylvania numbers were collapsing and Romney/Super PAC were prepping massive ad buys across the state.
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#1172 Apr 10 2012 at 1:36 PM Rating: Good
******
43,937 posts
Does it count as rumors when everyone not in the media crying for ratings knew what was going to happen?
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#1173 Apr 10 2012 at 2:36 PM Rating: Good
Eske Esquire wrote:
I can't stand Maddow. She's obnoxiously condescending.


I've never taken that from watching her, but my girl crush might be a bit too strong for me to see any negative qualities. Smiley: grin
____________________________
Proudmoore US server:
Popina, 90 Priest
Digits, 86 Shaman
Thelesis, 85 Mage
Willowmei, 85 Druid
Necralita, 85 DK
Shrika, 72 Warlock
Jaquelle, 54 Paladin
Grakine, 32 Hunter
The MMO-Zam's FB group. Please message me first so I know who you are.
#1174 Apr 10 2012 at 2:56 PM Rating: Good
***
2,798 posts
PigtailsOfDoom wrote:
Eske Esquire wrote:
I can't stand Maddow. She's obnoxiously condescending.


I've never taken that from watching her, but my girl crush might be a bit too strong for me to see any negative qualities. Smiley: grin


She looks like Matthew Perry decided to have a *** change and started taking the pre-op hormones.
____________________________
Sir Xsarus wrote:
That's pretty much the best ninja edit ever.


Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
Midgarsormr realm
Eartha Kitty 30 BRD/12 MNK
#1175 Apr 10 2012 at 3:22 PM Rating: Good
And naturally a person's attractiveness determines how good of a news anchor/pundit they are? Smiley: tongue I like androgynous people, and she is definitely more on the butch side than the femme side. That's probably at least part of the reason I have a bit of a crush.
____________________________
Proudmoore US server:
Popina, 90 Priest
Digits, 86 Shaman
Thelesis, 85 Mage
Willowmei, 85 Druid
Necralita, 85 DK
Shrika, 72 Warlock
Jaquelle, 54 Paladin
Grakine, 32 Hunter
The MMO-Zam's FB group. Please message me first so I know who you are.
#1176 Apr 10 2012 at 3:27 PM Rating: Good
***
2,798 posts
PigtailsOfDoom wrote:
And naturally a person's attractiveness determines how good of a news anchor/pundit they are? Smiley: tongue I like androgynous people, and she is definitely more on the butch side than the femme side. That's probably at least part of the reason I have a bit of a crush.


I was referring more to you referring to her as your "girl crush", which to me usually means somebody you'd be attracted to. Although I suppose you could be attracted to her for reasons other than looks.
____________________________
Sir Xsarus wrote:
That's pretty much the best ninja edit ever.


Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
Midgarsormr realm
Eartha Kitty 30 BRD/12 MNK
#1177 Apr 10 2012 at 3:58 PM Rating: Excellent
Needs More Smut
Avatar
******
20,446 posts
******* women have minds, too.
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck. Once again a top bard on the server: Dardaubla 90 on 1/6/2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest on Lamia - Member of The Swarm and leader of Grammarian Tea House chat LS
#1178 Apr 10 2012 at 4:08 PM Rating: Decent
***
2,798 posts
catwho wrote:
******* women have minds, too.


Yes, because "brains" and "personality" are the first thing I think of when talking about "crushes". My celebrity crush isn't Jessica Biel because she has a Phd in calculus from MIT. And my "man crush" definitely isn't John Cena because I think we could have a serious intellectual discussion if he would just stop geting F5ed by Brock Lesnar for 5 minutes.
____________________________
Sir Xsarus wrote:
That's pretty much the best ninja edit ever.


Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
Midgarsormr realm
Eartha Kitty 30 BRD/12 MNK
#1179 Apr 10 2012 at 4:20 PM Rating: Good
Repressed Memories
******
20,581 posts
gbaji wrote:
but downplayed the Birther thing in the last election

Right, because the birther controversy was totally given less attention than it deserved.
#1180 Apr 10 2012 at 4:20 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
PigtailsOfDoom wrote:
And naturally a person's attractiveness determines how good of a news anchor/pundit they are? Smiley: tongue.

How do you suppose Megyn Kelly stays off unemployment?
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#1181 Apr 10 2012 at 4:22 PM Rating: Excellent
******
43,937 posts
Bigdaddyjug wrote:
catwho wrote:
******* women have minds, too.
Yes, because "brains" and "personality" are the first thing I think of when talking about "crushes".
Brains and personality don't even cross my mind when someone says lesbians.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#1182 Apr 10 2012 at 4:25 PM Rating: Excellent
******
27,272 posts
Bigdaddyjug wrote:
catwho wrote:
******* women have minds, too.


Yes, because "brains" and "personality" are the first thing I think of when talking about "crushes".
It works like that for a lot of people. Just like a lack of intelligence is a turn off for a lot of people.
____________________________
Theophany wrote:
YOU'RE AN ELITIST @#%^ AETHIEN, NO WONDER YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS AND PEOPLE HATE YOU.
someproteinguy wrote:
Aethien you take more terrible pictures than a Japanese tourist.
Astarin wrote:
One day, Maz, you'll learn not to click on anything Aeth links.
#1183 Apr 10 2012 at 4:28 PM Rating: Good
Jophiel wrote:
PigtailsOfDoom wrote:
And naturally a person's attractiveness determines how good of a news anchor/pundit they are? Smiley: tongue.

How do you suppose Megyn Kelly stays off unemployment?


I don't even know who that is. One of the blondes on Fox News I guess?

BDJ, I was mostly teasing you. I didn't actually think that's what you were trying to say. Although for me, perceived personality is far more important to me for attraction than physical looks. The fact that Rachel Maddow is androgynous is only part of the appeal to me. The fact that she's incredibly intelligent, and she's not a jerk to her hosts has a lot more to do with it. That said, I'm not completely innocent of drooling over famous people for their looks. My other celebrity crush is the lead singer to AFI, and most of that is due to his looks. A guy who can pull off make up is a bit of a weak spot for me, and sometimes he gives these steamy come hither looks in the music videos, and it makes me melt. =x
____________________________
Proudmoore US server:
Popina, 90 Priest
Digits, 86 Shaman
Thelesis, 85 Mage
Willowmei, 85 Druid
Necralita, 85 DK
Shrika, 72 Warlock
Jaquelle, 54 Paladin
Grakine, 32 Hunter
The MMO-Zam's FB group. Please message me first so I know who you are.
#1184 Apr 10 2012 at 4:31 PM Rating: Excellent
***
2,798 posts
PigtailsOfDoom wrote:
Jophiel wrote:
PigtailsOfDoom wrote:
And naturally a person's attractiveness determines how good of a news anchor/pundit they are? Smiley: tongue.

How do you suppose Megyn Kelly stays off unemployment?


I don't even know who that is. One of the blondes on Fox News I guess?

BDJ, I was mostly teasing you. I didn't actually think that's what you were trying to say. Although for me, perceived personality is far more important to me for attraction than physical looks. The fact that Rachel Maddow is androgynous is only part of the appeal to me. The fact that she's incredibly intelligent, and she's not a jerk to her hosts has a lot more to do with it. That said, I'm not completely innocent of drooling over famous people for their looks. My other celebrity crush is the lead singer to AFI, and most of that is due to his looks. A guy who can pull off make up is a bit of a weak spot for me, and sometimes he gives these steamy come hither looks in the music videos, and it makes me melt. =x


You always like to tweak my nipples, I swear.
____________________________
Sir Xsarus wrote:
That's pretty much the best ninja edit ever.


Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
Midgarsormr realm
Eartha Kitty 30 BRD/12 MNK
#1185 Apr 10 2012 at 5:33 PM Rating: Excellent
What can I say, it's fun. Smiley: grin
____________________________
Proudmoore US server:
Popina, 90 Priest
Digits, 86 Shaman
Thelesis, 85 Mage
Willowmei, 85 Druid
Necralita, 85 DK
Shrika, 72 Warlock
Jaquelle, 54 Paladin
Grakine, 32 Hunter
The MMO-Zam's FB group. Please message me first so I know who you are.
#1186 Apr 10 2012 at 7:39 PM Rating: Excellent
Will swallow your soul
******
28,262 posts
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Bigdaddyjug wrote:
catwho wrote:
******* women have minds, too.


Yes, because "brains" and "personality" are the first thing I think of when talking about "crushes".
It works like that for a lot of people. Just like a lack of intelligence is a turn off for a lot of people.



What Aethien said.

____________________________
In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

#1187 Apr 10 2012 at 7:47 PM Rating: Excellent
Lunatic
******
29,431 posts

Yes, because "brains" and "personality" are the first thing I think of when talking about "crushes". My celebrity crush isn't Jessica Biel because she has a Phd in calculus from MIT. And my "man crush" definitely isn't John Cena because I think we could have a serious intellectual discussion if he would just stop geting F5ed by Brock Lesnar for 5 minutes.


Being both stunningly physically attractive, and an intellectual giant, I can attest that, in fact, it's been my down home humbleness that's drawn the most flies into my web.

I've been drinking.
____________________________
Disclaimer:

To make a long story short, I don't take any responsibility for anything I post here. It's not news, it's not truth, it's not serious. It's parody. It's satire. It's bitter. It's angsty. Your mother's a *****. You like to jack off dogs. That's right, you heard me. You like to grab that dog by the bone and rub it like a ski pole. Your dad? ***. Your priest? Straight. **** off and let me post. It's not true, it's all in good fun. Now go away.

#1188 Apr 10 2012 at 9:32 PM Rating: Decent
Encyclopedia
******
31,748 posts
PigtailsOfDoom wrote:
At least CNN and MSNBC have a few conservative pundits/newscasters.


They do? Who? How could you tell anyway?

Quote:
As far as I can tell, Fox News has no liberal anything besides the occasional guest, and they never let them finish their sentences anyways.


Hmm... While I'll freely admit my own biases may be blinding me here, I see plenty of people on Fox news who express liberal points of view that I disagree with strongly. I very very very very very rarely see a point of view expressed on CNN that I would identify as conservative, and still see a ton of stuff that I view as liberal.

And MSNBC? You're kidding, right? MSNBC is the liberal version of the strawman version of Fox News that liberals portray. It's out and out liberal propaganda from start to finish. I've never seen a conservative on that show who wasn't either there to be ridiculed or was some kind of strawman conservative (labeled as such, spouting crazy stuff conservatives don't believe, but liberals think they do, etc).

Quote:
There are some liberal pundits who are guilty of this too of course, and it annoys me. In fact, that's one of the reasons I like Rachel Maddow so much. She doesn't yell or scream, and she doesn't interrupt people.


This is primarily because she never has anyone on her show who doesn't already agree with her. When was the last time you actually saw her disagreeing in any meaningful way with a guest? Over minor points? Sure. But actually disagreeing in principle on something? I suppose it may have happened, but I can't recall it. She picks her guests so that they'll make her look like the smartest person in the room while she's tossing digs at conservatives.

She never actually puts conservatives on her show who might defend the things she attacks though, so of course she never has to interrupt them or appear rude. That's not really a sign of good honest journalism btw. It's cheer leading.

Quote:
There are other reasons I like her of course, but those are two things that make her really stand out as a pundit. I really liked Keith Olbermann for a long time, until he started showing what an *** he was, and began acting like a liberal version of Bill O'Reilley.


Olbermann was just the most obvious of the bunch. Mathews is pretty over the top ridiculous as well. I can only take him (or Maddow for that matter) for about 10 minutes at a time before I have to change the channel to avoid yelling at them for all the blatant factually wrong things they say.

It's easy to appear smart and knowledgeable when you never put yourself in a room with someone who disagrees with you *and* knows how to elaborate on that disagreement. Both of those hosts, when they do put someone on who disagrees with them, manage to find someone with the most idiotic counter arguments imaginable. It's almost laughable, because when this happens, I'm not even yelling at the hosts, but the supposedly conservative guest because he's not bothering to make the obvious arguments based on conservative positions, but manages to present something stupid that perfectly fits the strawman conservative assumptions of the left.


Say what you will about Fox News, but they do at least have actual debates on issues on that network with actual liberals and actual conservatives in attendance.
____________________________
King Nobby wrote:
More words please
#1189 Apr 10 2012 at 9:38 PM Rating: Good
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
Smiley: laugh
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#1190 Apr 10 2012 at 9:43 PM Rating: Good
******
43,937 posts
gbaji wrote:
While I'll freely admit my own biases may be blinding me here,
Only here?
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#1191 Apr 10 2012 at 9:47 PM Rating: Excellent
lolgaxe wrote:
gbaji wrote:
While I'll freely admit my own biases may be blinding me here,
Only here?
He means here on earth.Smiley: schooled
____________________________
Allegory wrote:
Bijou your art is exceptionally creepy. It seems like their should be something menacing about it, yet no such tone is present.
#1192 Apr 10 2012 at 11:03 PM Rating: Excellent
Matthews is a tool, I will agree with you on that. I find the man completely obnoxious. He's a perfect example of how just because a man is liberal does not mean he is a feminist ally. I'll never forget seeing him actually pinch Hillary Clinton on the cheek during the 2008 campaign, as if she was a little kid of something. She's got nerves of steel for not kneeing him in the groin.
____________________________
Proudmoore US server:
Popina, 90 Priest
Digits, 86 Shaman
Thelesis, 85 Mage
Willowmei, 85 Druid
Necralita, 85 DK
Shrika, 72 Warlock
Jaquelle, 54 Paladin
Grakine, 32 Hunter
The MMO-Zam's FB group. Please message me first so I know who you are.
#1193 Apr 11 2012 at 12:35 AM Rating: Good
**
585 posts
Yes you can be conservative and not be ******* crazy, loud, obnoxious all the time.
____________________________
.
#1194 Apr 11 2012 at 8:25 AM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
Political Wire wrote:
Rep. Allen West (R-FL) told a crowd of Florida voters "he's heard" up to 80 U.S. House Democrats are Communist Party members, "but wouldn't name names," the Palm Beach Post reports.

There are 190 Democratic members of the House.

I bet him and Michelle Bachmann have a list!
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#1195 Apr 11 2012 at 8:36 AM Rating: Good
******
43,937 posts
Sounds legit.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#1196 Apr 11 2012 at 9:48 AM Rating: Good
****
6,470 posts
Jophiel wrote:
Political Wire wrote:
Rep. Allen West (R-FL) told a crowd of Florida voters "he's heard" up to 80 U.S. House Democrats are Communist Party members, "but wouldn't name names," the Palm Beach Post reports.

There are 190 Democratic members of the House.

I bet him and Michelle Bachmann have a list!


I feel like time is looping in on itself. Smiley: eek
____________________________
Latest Articles:
Monaco: What's Yours is Mine Review

Follow me on Twitter!
#1197 Apr 11 2012 at 11:04 AM Rating: Good
Needs More Smut
Avatar
******
20,446 posts
I think he's confusing the Communist Party with the Progressive Caucus.
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck. Once again a top bard on the server: Dardaubla 90 on 1/6/2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest on Lamia - Member of The Swarm and leader of Grammarian Tea House chat LS
#1198 Apr 11 2012 at 11:26 AM Rating: Good
***
2,798 posts
catwho wrote:
I think he's confusing the Communist Party with the Progressive Caucus.


I made that same mistake three times last week.
____________________________
Sir Xsarus wrote:
That's pretty much the best ninja edit ever.


Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
Midgarsormr realm
Eartha Kitty 30 BRD/12 MNK
#1199 Apr 11 2012 at 11:41 AM Rating: Decent
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
16,065 posts
Bigdaddyjug wrote:
catwho wrote:
I think he's confusing the Communist Party with the Progressive Caucus.


I made that same mistake three times last week.
Well, this guy is sticking to his story.

There must be a simple test to see if someone is truly a communist or not.
____________________________
Alma wrote:
Post and be happy!
#1200 Apr 11 2012 at 11:55 AM Rating: Good
******
43,937 posts
You ask them what baseball team they like. If they say Cincinnati, they are Communists.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#1201 Apr 11 2012 at 11:56 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
1,286 posts
I thought you threw them in water to see if they float or not.
____________________________
Server: Midgardsormr
Occupation: Reckless Red Mage

IcookPizza wrote:

I think RDM's neurotic omniscience is sooooooo worth including in any alliance.
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 44 All times are in CDT
Bijou, Kavekkk, stupidmonkey, Anonymous Guests (41)