Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

I have a problem (was forum=28)Follow

#102 Dec 12 2011 at 2:06 AM Rating: Default
Imaginary Friend
*****
16,057 posts
idiggory, King of Bards wrote:
Smiley: disappointed

[EDIT]

Oh, and you know what I find a lot more disturbing than consenting adults experimenting with pain-pleasure conversions (which are a natural part of the human construct)?

Adults with imaginary friends. Especially when these adults get angry that we aren't willing to go to their tea parties, where they expect us to have conversations with their imaginary friend. And it's even worse when they start telling us what their imaginary friend thinks about our own life choices.

And they think we should just give them a pass to do it.

I'd like to try that sometime. "Hey, boss? My imaginary friend wants you to know that you're an @#%^ for not giving me a raise. He said it, not me. He just asked me to pass it along. Oh, and you're gonna burn in ****. Thought you outta know."



That's a nice tantrum.
I'm not the angry one. It would certainly appear that you are. Why so angry?
Do I touch a nerve because I do not choose to participate in the giant circle-jerk? Smiley: rolleyes

By the way; your entire premise for argument "which are a natural part of the human construct" is entirely baseless. I would suspect that you live your life based on this weak foundation. It is entirely hypocritical. People have used that foolish logic to justify every little screwed up thing that people can possibly do to themselves and others throughout the entirety of human history.
weak. sauce.

Edited, Dec 12th 2011 3:07am by Kelvyquayo
____________________________
With the receiver in my hand..
#103 Dec 12 2011 at 2:32 AM Rating: Good
******
20,020 posts
lol, that's a surprising amount of ******** for such a short post. If you could teach gbaji how to condense like that, we'd all be grateful.

I've never participated in BDSM and I don't have any particular desire to. I have never felt an emotional need to feel pain, or be dominated, or dominate. I imagine the experiences would be extremely uncomfortable for me.

But that's for me. I feel the same way about threesomes and vaginal intercourse.

I'm also not fool enough to spout off ******** that no one would have any reason to believe unless they already agreed with me.

Guess what? You have no soul. One day you are going to die, and that's all she wrote. You won't exist anymore. You won't think, you won't feel. There won't even be a "you." There's no heaven, no ****, no purgatory. This lifetime is all you get. And every single thing you experience, every thought you have, every transcendental elevation is all of the flesh.

If you want to believe I'm wrong, feel free. I wouldn't hate it if there was an afterlife. But stop trying to force your baseless, small-minded views on people. Your judgement just makes you look like a child.

If there is a god, and he/she/it/they support what you are doing, then they are pathetic and I'm ******* proud not to follow them. Any deity that is that vindictive (and vicious enough to have the kind of vanity required to send someone to **** for all eternity because they refused to believe you existed when you gave them absolutely no reason to think otherwise) doesn't deserve to be worshiped. They deserve a good hard kick to the groin.
____________________________
IDrownFish wrote:
Anyways, you all are horrible, @#%^ed up people

lolgaxe wrote:
Never underestimate the healing power of a massive dong.
#104 Dec 12 2011 at 3:34 AM Rating: Excellent
GBATE!! Never saw it coming
Avatar
****
9,367 posts
Kelvyquayo wrote:
Nads wrote:
and his troll is everything that give Christianity a bad name.


Declaring that the entire reason for being is to believe in God's Anointed and be perfected to people whose only point in life is to serve their flesh and their egos is what gives Christianity a bad name; let's not confuse the issue.


I remember reading:

1. "Love God with all your heart soul and mind."

and

2. "Love your neighbor as you love yourself."


These are my touchpoints as a Christian.




IIRC recall correctly, there was also something about:

3. "Judge not, lest ye be judged."

and

4. "Ye who be without sin, cast the first stone."



Some Christians just stick to these.


I realize some of you folk here have an issue with 1.

2,3 and 4 are universal for decent folk.



tl;dr: Kelvyquayo needs to LERN2XTIAN














Still tl;dr?: What Nads said.
____________________________
Jophiel wrote:
Last week, I saw a guy with an eyepatch and a gold monocle and pointed him out to Flea as one of the most awesome things I've seen, ever. If I had an eyepatch and a gold monocle, I'd always dress up as Mr. Peanut but with a hook hand and a parrot.
#105 Dec 12 2011 at 3:51 AM Rating: Excellent
******
20,020 posts
You made me Smiley: smile.
____________________________
IDrownFish wrote:
Anyways, you all are horrible, @#%^ed up people

lolgaxe wrote:
Never underestimate the healing power of a massive dong.
#106 Dec 12 2011 at 4:16 AM Rating: Excellent
I'm a *********, and to be honest, I can't explain it at all. If I had to venture a guess, I'd say it's a two fold thing. Firstly, during the instant of pain, you mind is cleared of everything else; a total escape from reality, however brief. Secondly, the moments right after the pain feel genuinely good. I don't know if it is because of the recession of the pain, or the body's chemical response, or a combination of the both.
____________________________
Edited, Mar 21st 2011 2:14pm by Darqflame Lock Thread: Because Lubriderm is silly... ~ de geso

Almalieque wrote:
I know what a glory hole is, but I wasn't sure what the business part was in reference to.

My Anime List
#107 Dec 12 2011 at 6:34 AM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
Duke Lubriderm wrote:
I'm a *********, and to be honest, I can't explain it at all.

Daddy issues.
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#108 Dec 12 2011 at 7:39 AM Rating: Excellent
Kelvy wrote:
People have used that foolish logic to justify every little screwed up thing that people can possibly do to themselves and others throughout the entirety of human history.
weak. sauce.


I'm of the opinion, having been a fairly devout Catholic at one point, that Religion is mostly a good thing but using it as justification to be a douche is the opposite of it's intended purpose.
____________________________
"The Rich are there to take all of the money & pay none of the taxes, the middle class is there to do all the work and pay all the taxes, and the poor are there to scare the crap out of the middle class." -George Carlin


#109 Dec 12 2011 at 7:49 AM Rating: Decent
****
7,819 posts
Delva wrote:
I just scanned through this as it is time for bed but I had to reply. I do not require the rough stuff every day or even every week but it is a physical and emotional need for me. It is not a want, but a need. I am a ********* and I need to feel pain. It is just like people going out for a drink after a rough day at work or someone hitting the gym really hard when they are angry or upset about something. It is a release. A way for me to calm myself and release stress and frustrations that I have pent up. I am consenting and my partner is consenting so I really don't see it as abuse. Next time, do some research and maybe actually READ the thread before you start using terms like that.


I'm not going to go into what a Dominant does thats simple. However, how one does things is different. If he is new to the idea then both of you will have to explore what you want and what he can do. I don't have much equipment these days but I did know several Dominant women in my day. You haven't been to specific to us here and that is fine. Have him get some basic gear like the leather cuffs and things. A ball gag is standard gear. Possibly have him get some of the softer leather whips and cat-o-nine tails for some stimulation. Even a bit of old fashioned spanking works wonders. I would not do cutting or burns on anyone. I even avoided using the hot waxes some wanted also. The idea is stimulation and that is better done without cuts and burns.
____________________________
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v619/ImGatomon/Request.jpg

. “Power even if it is raw uncontrolled potential is just as dangerous as a trained assassin. It is unpredictable and deadly if your are not prepared." ~Gatomon From the story A Fox Among Wolves.
#110 Dec 12 2011 at 8:17 AM Rating: Good
******
49,907 posts
The more devout to Christianity you are, the more of a hypocrite you have to be. It's one of the more amusing characteristics.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#111 Dec 12 2011 at 8:32 AM Rating: Excellent
Sage
***
1,333 posts
When I was a teenager, I did self-mutilate and even went to the extent of being hospitalized for it. This was before the medication and therapy because my parents did not deem it a necessity for me. Now that I am a grown woman and have a say so in my physiological well-being, I am on meds and do go to regular therapy. I have found a more constructive way to deal with stress rather than self-mutilation. I have not cut myself or harmed myself in any way in a little over 9yrs because I found the BDSM scene. My therapist does not agree with the extent I go to sometimes but he has noticed a distinct difference since I have joined the community. We have talked at length about my preferences in the bedroom and he has theorized that I have an Endorphin addiction. Basically, an adrenaline junkie.
Chemically, our bodies react to pain the same way. Pain receptors in the brain light up and the brain send out Endorphins which are the bodies natural pain killers. Endorphins also make you happy or euphoric the more your brain sends out. Some people can get a paper cut and are flooded with Endorphins but people with a higher pain tolerance, like myself, have to go through more pain in order for the brain to release said Endorphins. I can take a lot of damage and it doesn't hurt. I can get tattoo's and piercings and not be in the slightest bit of pain.
My therapist does keep a close eye on my physical well-being and has said if he felt I was going to far with the S/M play, he would have to step in. Like I said, it has been 9yrs and he hasn't had to pull the plug yet.
____________________________
Tyrrant wrote:
Sure you are, as subtle as a hand grenade :)



I am a ninja pirate!


#112 Dec 12 2011 at 8:53 AM Rating: Good
Ghost in the Machine
Avatar
******
36,439 posts
sh*t, this thread went down the same path as the comments found on any remotely religious video on YouTube.

You know the ones I'm talking about? The video is some guy doing a lecture on evolution and someone writes something along the lines of "Lord Jesus our Savior is the Best Friend in the World and You Must Love Him or Burn in **** Forever. <citation from the Bible that ends with 'red-headed harlot'>" (excessive capitalization added for effect). Then someone responds with something like "Take your god and **** off, ***. I bet you're a Democrat!"

First guy will bite because he's a religious robot from the future and then the fun begins.

Edited, Dec 12th 2011 3:53pm by Mazra
____________________________
Please "talk up" if your comprehension white-shifts. I will use simple-happy language-words to help you understand.
#113 Dec 12 2011 at 8:56 AM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
Avatar
***
1,089 posts
Delva, I don't know if theres a group that does this in your area but it is the closest thing to a religious experience I've ever felt.
____________________________
SSubZero wrote:

MNK: "OK we're gonna go in and get those items."
WHM: "Did you have a plan?"
MNK: "Plan? I was going to walk through the front door and start punching people."
#114 Dec 12 2011 at 9:08 AM Rating: Excellent
Sage
***
1,333 posts
Peimei wrote:
Delva, I don't know if theres a group that does this in your area but it is the closest thing to a religious experience I've ever felt.


Yes! I have done suspension on several occasions. I use to work at a tattoo shop and we would go to conventions in the bigger cities here in Texas like Dallas and Austin where they would feature suspension artist. It is the most amazing feeling in the world. I am sitting here trying to think of something to compare it to but I am at a loss. I'm going to use a Buddhist term here but I would think it comes close to Enlightenment. I have never been able to achieve that deep of a meditative trance outside of suspension.
____________________________
Tyrrant wrote:
Sure you are, as subtle as a hand grenade :)



I am a ninja pirate!


#115 Dec 12 2011 at 9:47 AM Rating: Good
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
16,595 posts
Mazra wrote:
sh*t, this thread went down the same path as the comments found on any remotely religious video on YouTube.

It did not.

There's been a ton of interesting discussion.

Personally I find the idea of getting pleasure from pain counter-intuitive, though I do understand the endorphin rush. I did some softer x-treme sporting when I was younger and while I never had any terribly close calls, the thrill of taking yourself close to the edge is an intense high all it's own.

I don't understand the connection between *** and pain, but meh, that's me - lol, totally 'vanilla' I guess (though I prefer chocolate).

We all have addictions and issues. We can replace them, modify them, moderate/minimize them and give in to them and attempt to keep them from making our lives too dysfunctional. Sounds like the OP currently has a pretty good grasp of things.

Burning skin is like the worst smell ever though....




Edited, Dec 12th 2011 4:47pm by Elinda
____________________________
Alma wrote:
I lost my post
#116 Dec 12 2011 at 9:55 AM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
Elinda wrote:
I don't understand the connection between *** and pain, but meh, that's me - lol, totally 'vanilla' I guess (though I prefer chocolate).

It all sounds like a lot of work to me. Spicing things up as desired is always a good thing but if I had to worry about whips and chains every time I wanted to get my rocks off... bleah.
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#117 Dec 12 2011 at 10:01 AM Rating: Good
******
20,020 posts
Elinda wrote:
I don't understand the connection between *** and pain, but meh, that's me - lol, totally 'vanilla' I guess (though I prefer chocolate).


That's fine too (and I'm largely vanilla as well). What's important is that people are comfortable with their own sexual practices (assuming they aren't hurting others, of course). People who don't feel the need to experiment shouldn't have to, and people who do should be free to without disdain.

I'm not asserting that you've done this, of course.

I'll just never understand why some people have a desperate need to attack people who DARE to enjoy ***.
____________________________
IDrownFish wrote:
Anyways, you all are horrible, @#%^ed up people

lolgaxe wrote:
Never underestimate the healing power of a massive dong.
#118 Dec 12 2011 at 10:05 AM Rating: Good
Supreme Lionator
*****
14,174 posts
Delva wrote:
Peimei wrote:
Delva, I don't know if theres a group that does this in your area but it is the closest thing to a religious experience I've ever felt.


Yes! I have done suspension on several occasions. I use to work at a tattoo shop and we would go to conventions in the bigger cities here in Texas like Dallas and Austin where they would feature suspension artist. It is the most amazing feeling in the world. I am sitting here trying to think of something to compare it to but I am at a loss. I'm going to use a Buddhist term here but I would think it comes close to Enlightenment. I have never been able to achieve that deep of a meditative trance outside of suspension.


Tricking your body into doping itself up might feel great, but it's pretty much the opposite of the buddhist concept of enlightenment.
____________________________
“Socialism never took root in America because the poor see themselves not as an exploited proletariat but as temporarily embarrassed millionaires.”
#119 Dec 12 2011 at 10:43 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
Avatar
***
1,089 posts
Kavekk wrote:


Tricking your body into doping itself up might feel great, but it's pretty much the opposite of the buddhist concept of enlightenment.

I could be said that many religious rituals do the exact same thing just using different techniques. Fasting, flagellation, submitting oneself to temperature extremes, kavadi. Some Buddhists use pain meditation to work past the bodies reaction to pain as a form of enlightenment as well.
____________________________
SSubZero wrote:

MNK: "OK we're gonna go in and get those items."
WHM: "Did you have a plan?"
MNK: "Plan? I was going to walk through the front door and start punching people."
#120 Dec 12 2011 at 11:05 AM Rating: Good
Ghost in the Machine
Avatar
******
36,439 posts
Elinda wrote:
Mazra wrote:
sh*t, this thread went down the same path as the comments found on any remotely religious video on YouTube.

It did not.

There's been a ton of interesting discussion.


That's what I mean.

It starts with a good discussion, then someone posts something in the complete far end of the spectrum of something remotely related to the topic and his direct opposite happens to see it and responds.

As for the topic, I'm in your boat. I don't like to mix business with pleasure.

Edit: Never say never.

Edited, Dec 12th 2011 6:08pm by Mazra
____________________________
Please "talk up" if your comprehension white-shifts. I will use simple-happy language-words to help you understand.
#121 Dec 12 2011 at 11:28 AM Rating: Good
Supreme Lionator
*****
14,174 posts
Peimei wrote:
Kavekk wrote:


Tricking your body into doping itself up might feel great, but it's pretty much the opposite of the buddhist concept of enlightenment.

I could be said that many religious rituals do the exact same thing just using different techniques. Fasting, flagellation, submitting oneself to temperature extremes, kavadi. Some Buddhists use pain meditation to work past the bodies reaction to pain as a form of enlightenment as well.


Yes, many do.

Buddhism isn't very doctrinal, but finding peace through hedonism can hardly be reconciled with the Buddha's teachings.
____________________________
“Socialism never took root in America because the poor see themselves not as an exploited proletariat but as temporarily embarrassed millionaires.”
#122 Dec 12 2011 at 11:59 AM Rating: Decent
******
20,020 posts
Kavekk wrote:
Peimei wrote:
Kavekk wrote:


Tricking your body into doping itself up might feel great, but it's pretty much the opposite of the buddhist concept of enlightenment.

I could be said that many religious rituals do the exact same thing just using different techniques. Fasting, flagellation, submitting oneself to temperature extremes, kavadi. Some Buddhists use pain meditation to work past the bodies reaction to pain as a form of enlightenment as well.


Yes, many do.

Buddhism isn't very doctrinal, but finding peace through hedonism can hardly be reconciled with the Buddha's teachings.


I disagree completely.

For one, Buddha spent years using pain in meditation, experiencing everything from starvation to sitting in thorn bushes. It was an extremely important part of his own path to enlightenment.

Plus, he believed that there was no set path to Nirvana. Polishing the sandals of monks would work for some. For others, enlightenment required deep use of chanting. Others used pain to force their mind to forget the present.

Yeah, HEDONISM as a doctrine is incompatible with Buddhism, since Buddhism holds that pain and pleasure are illusions. But pain experiences in BDSM scenarios are certainly capable of elevating someone into a state of meditation akin to something a practitioner of Buddhism might experience. But Hedonistic practices certainly can be.

They weren't talking about states of ecstasy, they were talking about meditative trances.
____________________________
IDrownFish wrote:
Anyways, you all are horrible, @#%^ed up people

lolgaxe wrote:
Never underestimate the healing power of a massive dong.
#123 Dec 12 2011 at 12:01 PM Rating: Good
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
16,595 posts
Kavekk wrote:
Peimei wrote:
Kavekk wrote:


Tricking your body into doping itself up might feel great, but it's pretty much the opposite of the buddhist concept of enlightenment.

I could be said that many religious rituals do the exact same thing just using different techniques. Fasting, flagellation, submitting oneself to temperature extremes, kavadi. Some Buddhists use pain meditation to work past the bodies reaction to pain as a form of enlightenment as well.


Yes, many do.

Buddhism isn't very doctrinal, but finding peace through hedonism can hardly be reconciled with the Buddha's teachings.

Do you think when an individual reaches 'enlightenment' that they find it a pleasurable experience?

____________________________
Alma wrote:
I lost my post
#124 Dec 12 2011 at 12:08 PM Rating: Good
****
6,471 posts
I don't experience the "pain is pleasure" thing. For me, pain is pain...it hurts, and it's a guaranteed way to kill the mood.
#125 Dec 12 2011 at 12:58 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
*****
13,230 posts
Elinda wrote:
Kavekk wrote:
Peimei wrote:
Kavekk wrote:


Tricking your body into doping itself up might feel great, but it's pretty much the opposite of the buddhist concept of enlightenment.

I could be said that many religious rituals do the exact same thing just using different techniques. Fasting, flagellation, submitting oneself to temperature extremes, kavadi. Some Buddhists use pain meditation to work past the bodies reaction to pain as a form of enlightenment as well.


Yes, many do.

Buddhism isn't very doctrinal, but finding peace through hedonism can hardly be reconciled with the Buddha's teachings.

Do you think when an individual reaches 'enlightenment' that they find it a pleasurable experience?


No, that's not what enlightenment is. It's a different type of experience.
____________________________
Just as Planned.
#126 Dec 12 2011 at 1:09 PM Rating: Good
******
20,020 posts
Timelordwho wrote:
Elinda wrote:
Kavekk wrote:
Peimei wrote:
Kavekk wrote:


Tricking your body into doping itself up might feel great, but it's pretty much the opposite of the buddhist concept of enlightenment.

I could be said that many religious rituals do the exact same thing just using different techniques. Fasting, flagellation, submitting oneself to temperature extremes, kavadi. Some Buddhists use pain meditation to work past the bodies reaction to pain as a form of enlightenment as well.


Yes, many do.

Buddhism isn't very doctrinal, but finding peace through hedonism can hardly be reconciled with the Buddha's teachings.

Do you think when an individual reaches 'enlightenment' that they find it a pleasurable experience?


No, that's not what enlightenment is. It's a different type of experience.

That's her point. She is asserting that, while the practice of BDSM is generally hedonistic, we have no reason to assume that the kind of meditative trance described here is actually just a state of extreme pleasure. If she's describing it as a meditative trance akin to enlightenment, it's far more likely that it's a state of emotionless peace.
____________________________
IDrownFish wrote:
Anyways, you all are horrible, @#%^ed up people

lolgaxe wrote:
Never underestimate the healing power of a massive dong.
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 63 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (63)