Forum Settings
       
1 2 Next »
Reply To Thread

My Co-Worker...Follow

#52 Nov 08 2011 at 6:06 PM Rating: Excellent
Will swallow your soul
******
28,267 posts
Elinda wrote:
Jophiel wrote:
varusword75 wrote:
Of course in my office I have a framed copy of the national geographic societies map of the heavens

Of... course?

Chick magnet.


He does a laser show with a couple of pointers and a trance mix tape.
____________________________
In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

#53 Nov 08 2011 at 6:14 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
*****
12,004 posts
I assume that makes the roofies kick in faster.
____________________________
Just as Planned.
#54 Nov 08 2011 at 6:23 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
Samira wrote:
trance mix tape.

If he needs music, I know a woman...
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#55 Nov 08 2011 at 6:37 PM Rating: Good
Soulless Internet Tiger
******
34,706 posts
I used to have a cubicle office. It was an office in a large room with high ceilings, but my walls and door only went 8 feet high.

Now I'm down the Green Mile with one wall of nothing but windows. Living large.

Edited, Nov 8th 2011 8:37pm by Uglysasquatch
____________________________
Donate. One day it could be your family.
Need a hotel at a great rate? More hotels being added weekly.

An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come. Victor Hugo

#56 Nov 08 2011 at 9:04 PM Rating: Excellent
Needs More Smut
Avatar
******
20,467 posts
I'm backup for the admin assistant, so I have one of the walk around headsets too (even she doesn't get one of those.) It's nice to be ripping out a motherboard on the other side of the room and field a call from a client at the same time.

If I request something reasonable, I usually get it. Week before last it was shelves since the new dual monitors took up all my desk space (and I have a bunch of reference manuals and random external high drives and junk I need to keep track of that were displaced.) And, well, dual monitors themselves was reasonable. About the only thing I've been denied was a title change. Smiley: lol
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck. Once again a top bard on the server: Dardaubla 90 on 1/6/2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest on Lamia - Member of The Swarm and leader of Grammarian Tea House chat LS
#57 Nov 08 2011 at 11:17 PM Rating: Excellent
I've been on the road a lot lately so I've been mostly in very nice conference rooms. However this week I've been banished to a basement, to tell someone else to type a command, and then wait for five minutes as he documents the step. Rinse, repeat. Smiley: madSmiley: madSmiley: madSmiley: madSmiley: mad

They're nice people at least.

Edited, Nov 8th 2011 11:18pm by Xsarus
____________________________
01001001 00100000 01001100 01001001 01001011 01000101 00100000 01000011 01000001 01001011 01000101
You'll always be stupid, you'll just be stupid with more information in your brain
Forum FAQ
#58 Nov 08 2011 at 11:36 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
******
29,905 posts
Samira wrote:
Elinda wrote:
Jophiel wrote:
varusword75 wrote:
Of course in my office I have a framed copy of the national geographic societies map of the heavens

Of... course?

Chick magnet.


He does a laser show with a couple of pointers and a trance mix tape.


For what its worth, you can actually make an awsome synchronized laser show using an audio source of some sort, a speaker, a clean hollow soup can the same approximate diameter of the speaker with both ends removed, a baloon, a rubber band, a small piece of mirror, a piece of tape, and a laser pointer. You stretch the balloon over the can like a drum head, and use the rubber band to hold it in place, then tape the mirror to the middle of the stretched balloon. Place the whole thing over the speaker and attach the speaker to the sound source, then aim one or more laser pointers at the mirror from the side across the top towards a nice flat wall. Extra points for more than one laser pointer color. Then you just turn on the sound and you have your own studio grade laser light show, suitable for charging admission to! Then you can start adding motoroized beam splitters and prisms and neat stuff like that.
____________________________
Arch Duke Kaolian Drachensborn, lvl 95 Ranger, Unrest Server
Tech support forum | FAQ (Support) | Mobile Zam: http://m.zam.com (Premium only)
Forum Rules
#59 Nov 09 2011 at 1:42 AM Rating: Excellent
**
479 posts
Xsarus wrote:
However this week I've been banished to a basement, to tell someone else to type a command, and then wait for five minutes as he documents the step. Rinse, repeat.


You aren't missing a red stapler are you? (>.>)


I love being in IT. I've got one large area to myself, actually split into 3 rooms. Office, server room (with own A/C unit), and a PC maintenance/supply work area. You enter in via the office and there's 2 more doors to get to the maintenance area. Anytime I feel the need to escape from the "rank and file", I just retreat to the back and work on a PC or something. Escaping to the server room is nice when the rest of building's A/C goes out (which happens quite a bit in the summer).

I've got no windows though, it's a 2 story building with the first floor underground. It's not the basement as the backside of the building is a warehouse and loading dock. Guess it would look like the building was built into the side of a hill.
____________________________
Jophiel wrote:
Pack your own lunch and bring nothing but Pixie Stix and Pop Rocks and get your liberty on.
#60 Nov 09 2011 at 2:03 AM Rating: Excellent
Dread Lörd Kaolian wrote:
For what its worth, you can actually make an awsome synchronized laser show using an audio source of some sort, a speaker, a clean hollow soup can the same approximate diameter of the speaker with both ends removed, a baloon, a rubber band, a small piece of mirror, a piece of tape, and a laser pointer. You stretch the balloon over the can like a drum head, and use the rubber band to hold it in place, then tape the mirror to the middle of the stretched balloon. Place the whole thing over the speaker and attach the speaker to the sound source, then aim one or more laser pointers at the mirror from the side across the top towards a nice flat wall. Extra points for more than one laser pointer color. Then you just turn on the sound and you have your own studio grade laser light show, suitable for charging admission to! Then you can start adding motoroized beam splitters and prisms and neat stuff like that.



ITT: Kao lets slip how he hypno-trains his wombats.Smiley: schooled
____________________________
Allegory wrote:
Bijou your art is exceptionally creepy. It seems like their should be something menacing about it, yet no such tone is present.
#61 Nov 09 2011 at 5:21 AM Rating: Excellent
Gurue
*****
16,289 posts
Sir Xsarus wrote:
I've been on the road a lot lately so I've been mostly in very nice conference rooms. However this week I've been banished to a basement, to tell someone else to type a command, and then wait for five minutes as he documents the step. Rinse, repeat. Smiley: madSmiley: madSmiley: madSmiley: madSmiley: mad

They're nice people at least.

Edited, Nov 8th 2011 11:18pm by Xsarus

Aren't you in Nashville this week? Will they let you out of the basement long enough to go looking around?
#62 Nov 09 2011 at 8:08 AM Rating: Excellent
******
44,002 posts
You people need receptionists.

Or slaves lower enlisteds, which are kind of the same thing.

As slaves.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#63 Nov 09 2011 at 12:12 PM Rating: Good
Needs More Smut
Avatar
******
20,467 posts
klausneck wrote:
Xsarus wrote:
However this week I've been banished to a basement, to tell someone else to type a command, and then wait for five minutes as he documents the step. Rinse, repeat.


You aren't missing a red stapler are you? (>.>)


I love being in IT. I've got one large area to myself, actually split into 3 rooms. Office, server room (with own A/C unit), and a PC maintenance/supply work area. You enter in via the office and there's 2 more doors to get to the maintenance area. Anytime I feel the need to escape from the "rank and file", I just retreat to the back and work on a PC or something. Escaping to the server room is nice when the rest of building's A/C goes out (which happens quite a bit in the summer).

I've got no windows though, it's a 2 story building with the first floor underground. It's not the basement as the backside of the building is a warehouse and loading dock. Guess it would look like the building was built into the side of a hill.


Yeah, that only works for internal IT departments. Since we're third party, the server rooms in most of our buildings are actually closets. About a month ago, someone had to pull out a rack at one of them, and the rack rolled over a cord and caused three RAID drives to burp and start rebuilding. Smiley: oyvey

____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck. Once again a top bard on the server: Dardaubla 90 on 1/6/2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest on Lamia - Member of The Swarm and leader of Grammarian Tea House chat LS
#64 Nov 09 2011 at 3:16 PM Rating: Decent
Encyclopedia
******
31,767 posts
catwho wrote:
Yeah, that only works for internal IT departments. Since we're third party, the server rooms in most of our buildings are actually closets. About a month ago, someone had to pull out a rack at one of them, and the rack rolled over a cord and caused three RAID drives to burp and start rebuilding. Smiley: oyvey


Lol. Happens even in dedicated server rooms with raised floors. I was once attempting to pull a power whip to a new rack and instead of clearing the full length, I just figured I could stretch the cords to reach the outlet. In the process I managed to unplug the other three prong plug and brought down an entire rack of Ultra2 servers (yeah, that was the snizzat back in the day). At the time, that rack represented pretty much the entire design compute environment for the division. Ooops!
____________________________
King Nobby wrote:
More words please
#65 Nov 09 2011 at 9:29 PM Rating: Excellent
Nadenu wrote:
Aren't you in Nashville this week? Will they let you out of the basement long enough to go looking around?
Yeah, they let me out enough to explore. I haven't done much yet, but I went to a pretty nice restaurant with the team today (which means I didn't pay, yay perdiem). I'm going to explore downtown tomorrow evening. Supposed to be some live music, and there is apparently a brewpub with some pretty solid beers. I didn't get a car this trip, which is annoying but has the advantage of letting you not actually have to worry about driving around and so not drinking.
____________________________
01001001 00100000 01001100 01001001 01001011 01000101 00100000 01000011 01000001 01001011 01000101
You'll always be stupid, you'll just be stupid with more information in your brain
Forum FAQ
#66 Nov 09 2011 at 10:01 PM Rating: Excellent
Gurue
*****
16,289 posts
Sir Xsarus wrote:
Nadenu wrote:
Aren't you in Nashville this week? Will they let you out of the basement long enough to go looking around?
Yeah, they let me out enough to explore. I haven't done much yet, but I went to a pretty nice restaurant with the team today (which means I didn't pay, yay perdiem). I'm going to explore downtown tomorrow evening. Supposed to be some live music, and there is apparently a brewpub with some pretty solid beers. I didn't get a car this trip, which is annoying but has the advantage of letting you not actually have to worry about driving around and so not drinking.

As long as you stay around Broadway, 2nd, 3rd and 4th Avenues, you'll be ok.
#67 Nov 10 2011 at 3:55 AM Rating: Good
******
27,272 posts
Brewpub sounds like fun, also there aught to be plenty of bars with live bands playing rockabilly and the few bands I've seen from Nashville put up a fun show.
____________________________
Theophany wrote:
YOU'RE AN ELITIST @#%^ AETHIEN, NO WONDER YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS AND PEOPLE HATE YOU.
someproteinguy wrote:
Aethien you take more terrible pictures than a Japanese tourist.
Astarin wrote:
One day, Maz, you'll learn not to click on anything Aeth links.
#68 Nov 17 2011 at 2:47 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
She just asked me "Did you ever watch The Munsters growing up?"
"Sure," sez I
"Ah, The Munsters..."

And that was it Smiley: confused
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#69 Nov 17 2011 at 3:03 PM Rating: Good
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
16,065 posts
Jophiel wrote:
She just asked me "Did you ever watch The Munsters growing up?"
"Sure," sez I
"Ah, The Munsters..."

And that was it Smiley: confused

Are you working at a funeral parlor by any chance?
____________________________
Alma wrote:
Post and be happy!
#70 Nov 17 2011 at 3:09 PM Rating: Good
***
3,272 posts
Jophiel wrote:
She just asked me "Did you ever watch The Munsters growing up?"
"Sure," sez I
"Ah, The Munsters..."

And that was it Smiley: confused


I'm under the impression she hides boys in cupboards.
____________________________

(V)(;,,;)(V) Why not Zoidberg?
1 2 Next »
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 40 All times are in CDT
Almalieque, Kavekkk, Anonymous Guests (38)