Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

lolCainFollow

#27 Nov 03 2011 at 10:53 AM Rating: Excellent
Needs More Smut
******
21,262 posts
Timelordwho wrote:
Nilatai wrote:
That's one of the biggest problems with the two party system. People say "I'm a conservative" or "I'm a liberal" and rarely vote based upon the issues.


Well, sorta. People tend to identify their party affiliation because it contains more of the prefferential stances on 'the issues'.

This is the standard unless people are allowed to directly vote on the issues rather than on a placeholder for them.


The issues also change so rapidly that someone who identifies as one party one year would find themselves identified by a completely different party ten years later.

That's why we have so many Reagon Republican zombies, even though by today's right wing standards, Reagon was a California liberal hippie.
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck: Retired December 2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest and Taprara Rara on Lamia Server - Member of The Swarm
Curator of the XIV Wallpapers Tumblr and the XIV Fashion Tumblr
#28 Nov 03 2011 at 11:30 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
*****
13,228 posts
The only non-Romney candidate I could see going into a general is Huntsman. For him to do so, however, every other non-Romney candidate would have to crash and burn.
____________________________
Just as Planned.
#29varusword75, Posted: Nov 03 2011 at 11:34 AM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Xarus,
#30varusword75, Posted: Nov 03 2011 at 11:37 AM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Joph,
#31varusword75, Posted: Nov 03 2011 at 11:51 AM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) cat,
#32 Nov 03 2011 at 11:55 AM Rating: Excellent
Needs More Smut
******
21,262 posts
varusword75 wrote:
cat,

Quote:
The issues also change so rapidly that someone who identifies as one party one year would find themselves identified by a completely different party ten years later.


That's such a load of sh*t I don't know where to begin. The same types of people that valued freedom and liberty in the 80's still do. The issues never change! Still dealing with communists (liberal) vs capitalists (conservative). What has changed is the education the masses are receiving. And of course stupid wh*res like yourself believing this instance in time is unique.


It's clear that education has changed, because I remember very clearly learning in 11th grade US History that US political parties are only defined by the issues.

That wasn't my "liberal biased" teacher, that was the textbook. In Georgia.

____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck: Retired December 2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest and Taprara Rara on Lamia Server - Member of The Swarm
Curator of the XIV Wallpapers Tumblr and the XIV Fashion Tumblr
#33varusword75, Posted: Nov 03 2011 at 11:57 AM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) cat,
#34 Nov 03 2011 at 11:57 AM Rating: Excellent
******
49,733 posts
Gumbo Galahad wrote:
Man you're stupid.
Yeah cat, you're assuming he knew what a textbook was.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#35 Nov 03 2011 at 11:59 AM Rating: Good
Drunken English Bastard
*****
15,268 posts
Remind me why we can't ban Varus again?
____________________________
My Movember page
Solrain wrote:
WARs can use semi-colons however we want. I once killed a guy with a semi-colon.

LordFaramir wrote:
ODESNT MATTER CAUSE I HAVE ALCHOLOL IN MY VEINGS BETCH ;3
#36 Nov 03 2011 at 12:06 PM Rating: Good
Encyclopedia
******
34,920 posts
catwho wrote:
That's why we have so many Reagon Republican zombies, even though by today's right wing standards, Reagon was a California liberal hippie.


To be fair, Reagan was considered a California liberal hippie before he was elected as well. Back then the same/equivalent social issues folks didn't think he was conservative enough. This hasn't really changed. Funny story. I was at my sisters inlaws last Saturday. A couple of the more conservative family members were raving about Cain. I threw up my stock "not being a politician sounds great until it's time to get people to vote for him" bit. Someone mentioned how Romney wasn't really conservative enough for her, and said something like: "I can't see how he can be a good conservative having been the governor of a liberal state".

I laughed and sarcastically mentioned how poorly that worked out for conservatives the last time.


Not saying Romney is Reagan or anything, but the perception of Romney right now is very very similar to Reagan's back in the mid 70s. I suspect that most conservatives will get over it and move forward at some point.
____________________________
King Nobby wrote:
More words please
#37 Nov 03 2011 at 12:16 PM Rating: Good
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
16,594 posts
varusword75 wrote:
cat,

Quote:
The issues also change so rapidly that someone who identifies as one party one year would find themselves identified by a completely different party ten years later.


That's such a load of sh*t I don't know where to begin. The same types of people that valued freedom and liberty in the 80's still do. The issues never change! Still dealing with communists (liberal) vs capitalists (conservative). What has changed is the education the masses are receiving. And of course stupid wh*res like yourself believing this instance in time is unique.

I've changed since the 80's. Thank Goodness.



____________________________
Alma wrote:
I lost my post
#38 Nov 03 2011 at 12:17 PM Rating: Good
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
16,594 posts
Nilatai wrote:
Remind me why we can't ban Varus again?

Because 'we' don't have possession of the ban-hammer.
____________________________
Alma wrote:
I lost my post
#39 Nov 03 2011 at 12:20 PM Rating: Excellent
******
20,020 posts
Nilatai wrote:
Remind me why we can't ban Varus again?

Because it would cut Joph's and lolgaxe's +1 capacity in half?
____________________________
IDrownFish wrote:
Anyways, you all are horrible, @#%^ed up people

lolgaxe wrote:
Never underestimate the healing power of a massive dong.
#40 Nov 03 2011 at 12:20 PM Rating: Excellent
****
6,471 posts
gbaji wrote:
Not saying Romney is Reagan or anything, but the perception of Romney right now is very very similar to Reagan's back in the mid 70s. I suspect that most conservatives will get over it and move forward at some point.


Could be. It's gonna be fun to watch varus try to stuff his "RINO" comments back into his mouth once Romney inevitably gets the go-ahead.

#41 Nov 03 2011 at 12:22 PM Rating: Good
******
49,733 posts
idiggory, King of Bards wrote:
Because it would cut Joph's and lolgaxe's +1 capacity in half?
Asylum has less than 10% of my posts. Smiley: tongue
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#42 Nov 03 2011 at 12:27 PM Rating: Good
Drunken English Bastard
*****
15,268 posts
lolgaxe wrote:
idiggory, King of Bards wrote:
Because it would cut Joph's and lolgaxe's +1 capacity in half?
Asylum has less than 10% of my posts. Smiley: tongue

Does job=4 still have the most? Or forum=10? Smiley: sly
____________________________
My Movember page
Solrain wrote:
WARs can use semi-colons however we want. I once killed a guy with a semi-colon.

LordFaramir wrote:
ODESNT MATTER CAUSE I HAVE ALCHOLOL IN MY VEINGS BETCH ;3
#43 Nov 03 2011 at 12:38 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
Timelordwho wrote:
For him to do so, however, every other non-Romney candidate would have to crash and burn.

Literally. In some sort of train accident.
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#44varusword75, Posted: Nov 03 2011 at 1:42 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Elinda,
#45varusword75, Posted: Nov 03 2011 at 1:44 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Eske,
#46 Nov 03 2011 at 2:54 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
And infinitely more electable than Cain!
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#47 Nov 03 2011 at 7:48 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
*****
13,228 posts
Jophiel wrote:
Timelordwho wrote:
For him to do so, however, every other non-Romney candidate would have to crash and burn.

Literally. In some sort of train accident.


High speed rail, so they can blame it on the Liberal Conspiracy.
____________________________
Just as Planned.
#48varusword75, Posted: Nov 04 2011 at 8:33 AM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Juanita Broderick calls a press conference accusing slick willy of rape...3 national stories.
#49 Nov 04 2011 at 8:39 AM Rating: Excellent
****
6,471 posts
I wonder what kind of hits varus got googling "slick willy". Probably kept him occupied for a little while, I'd reckon.
#50 Nov 04 2011 at 8:40 AM Rating: Excellent
******
49,733 posts
Gumbo Galahad wrote:
Stats like these are
- completely made up. Smiley: laugh
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#51varusword75, Posted: Nov 04 2011 at 8:42 AM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Listen to Boortz...he just sited the sources...just because you don't like the info doesn't mean it isn't true.
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 88 All times are in CDT
Anonymous Guests (88)