Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

Don't ask, don't tell, don't persueFollow

#2252 Jan 29 2012 at 4:32 PM Rating: Excellent
Soulless Internet Tiger
******
34,765 posts
Almalieque wrote:
Uglysasquatch wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
2. If he weren't interested in that joke, then he would have taken some form of offense. He didn't take offense, because it didn't bother him.
I've had *** friends and straight friends do that to me. Doesn't phase me in the least and I just continue on with what ever conversation I was in before. At most, I might pause to ask "Comfortable?"


What was his motive? Was he sitting on you while making a sexual pass at you?
It was a joke? They were trying to make me uncofrtable? They were hitting on me? I don't know, I never asked as I didn't care.
____________________________
Donate. One day it could be your family.
Need a hotel at a great rate? More hotels being added weekly.

An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come. Victor Hugo

#2253 Jan 29 2012 at 4:56 PM Rating: Excellent
Cervixhouse-Five
******
30,643 posts
Almalieque wrote:
Belkira wrote:
Just reading the euphemisms that Alma uses to tell you that someone is a homosexual is disgusting. "Playing for the wrong team," "Has sugar in his tank." Could you be any more immature?


Read Below
Almalieque wrote:
Nadenu wrote:
The wrong team??

Smiley: facepalm

Tool



Yes, you are a tool. An immature tool.

Almalieque wrote:
Belkira wrote:
It does lend some credence to the "you're *** and you won't admit it" theories.


Please explain your theory.


It's not my theory. Others have suggested that you are so bigoted towards homosexuals because you recognize those traits in yourself and you are frantic that no one think you a homosexual because you are trying to keep it hidden.

I have shied away from calling you a bigot in the past because I didn't think it was warranted. I have officially changed my mind. You are indeed a bigot with a hatred towards anything homosexual, in my opinion. Whether you are, yourself, a homosexual, I cannot hazard a guess. I suppose it's possible that you are a self-loathing *** and your bigotry is a way to cover it, but not only do I not know if that's the case, it is also none of my business.

Almalieque wrote:
Belkira wrote:
Especially since he apparently spends so much time analyzing ways to convince people that someone's not ***.

?


You have given multiple examples of why you think certain people are *** (not just this individual). It seems to me that you are studying the different ways that they act and make you think they are homosexual so you can be sure not to emulate them so people don't begin to suspect that you might be a homosexual. This is not to say that I think you are a homosexual, just that you are terrified of anyone thinking you might be.

Edited, Jan 29th 2012 4:58pm by Belkira
#2254 Jan 29 2012 at 5:46 PM Rating: Excellent
Everyone's Oiran
Avatar
*****
15,923 posts
Almalieque wrote:
Arip wrote:
Oh, and for your info, I can totally see how just treating someone like a soldier isn't contradictory with DADT. My point is that people with other personality traits such as religiousness, atheism, progressiveness, conservatism, femaleness, different cultural or racial backgrounds etc don't have to hide those traits if and when they ever come up. Even if it's rare or it never comes up. Which is not fair when ****** have to lie about or hide those traits if and when they ever come up. Even if it's rare or it never comes up.
To reference post 206, you're acting like homosexuals are special and the only ones that have to "pretend" to be something that they aren't, etc.
Under the old DADT policy, that's exactly what they were.

Almalieque wrote:
Arip wrote:
And I threw femaleness in there because there was a long period in western history when desperate or interested women joined military forces even when it was totally illegal for them to do so. They went to great lengths to hide their gender, but even so it was wither obvious from the get go what they were, or they were usually eventually sussed out. But in almost ALL cases, fellow soldiers and commanding officers turned a blind eye, and documented them and referred to them by their male pseudonyms. It only got awkward when they distinguished themselves in battle, and really had to be awarded a medal, and a public medal ceremony couldnt' be avoided. Lots of discreet warnings and straight faces by civilian politicians, who didn't always understand why women were illegally welcomed/tolerated in the military. (Most military were glad that there were other volunteers who made up numbers to be shot at, most civilians were revolted at the idea of women being put in harm's way.) Now women get to openly join the military, even if they are rightfully treated like any other soldier.
Except they aren't treated the same as men... Hmmmm.. Nice try though..
orly? They don't get the same professional respect as just another Soldier, in their work time? Do tell.
____________________________
<3

http://www.reddit.com/r/Forum4/
#2255 Jan 29 2012 at 5:56 PM Rating: Excellent
Everyone's Oiran
Avatar
*****
15,923 posts
Alma, you're not a tool. You are simply a blind, self-satisfied, stupid, naive, unimaginative, bigoted hypocrite living an unexamined life to the detriment of his fellow persons. Your faith and your religion, if you have one, isn't overall making you a better person, (like some people I know) it's making you a worse one.

Your fears overwhelm your logic, your common sense and your beliefs. I'm glad I don't live with you, work with you, and I really hope you don't vote. Thankfully you are not in my electorate.
____________________________
<3

http://www.reddit.com/r/Forum4/
#2256 Jan 29 2012 at 8:19 PM Rating: Excellent
Drunken English Bastard
*****
15,264 posts
Quite the smackdown, Ari.
____________________________
My Movember page
Solrain wrote:
WARs can use semi-colons however we want. I once killed a guy with a semi-colon.

LordFaramir wrote:
ODESNT MATTER CAUSE I HAVE ALCHOLOL IN MY VEINGS BETCH ;3
#2257 Jan 29 2012 at 9:17 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
***
3,633 posts
I believe that's what the wrestlers call the 'tombstone.'
____________________________
Mistress Darqflame wrote:
Sorry, anything representing or remotely resembling a ***** is a nono.
gigasnail wrote:
i'm lighting the freak signal here, sara help me out ~
Redding wrote:
Same ol' Sara now with 50% less hidden *****
#2258 Jan 30 2012 at 5:26 AM Rating: Good
Everyone's Oiran
Avatar
*****
15,923 posts
Interestingly, only 2 people in the whole world are permitted to perform the Tombstone since the year 2000. And those two wrestlers cannot perform it in many cities in the world, where the move is an automatic disqualification, sometimes accompanied by a fine.
____________________________
<3

http://www.reddit.com/r/Forum4/
#2259 Jan 30 2012 at 8:07 AM Rating: Good
******
44,522 posts
If it isn't Jerry Lawler then ***** 'em.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#2260 Jan 30 2012 at 9:57 AM Rating: Excellent
post # 2255
____________________________
Edited, Mar 21st 2011 2:14pm by Darqflame Lock Thread: Because Lubriderm is silly... ~ de geso

Almalieque wrote:
I know what a glory hole is, but I wasn't sure what the business part was in reference to.

My Anime List
#2261 Jan 30 2012 at 10:01 AM Rating: Excellent
Unforkgettable
*****
13,251 posts
post #2260
____________________________
Banh
#2262Almalieque, Posted: Jan 31 2012 at 6:55 AM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Really? Wow..you are truly ignorant.. The sad part is that you're being serious. I'm literally refraining from insulting you because deriding anyone with that level of logic is not even right. That's some third grade "hitting the person you like" logic.
#2263 Jan 31 2012 at 7:04 AM Rating: Default
Avatar
****
9,091 posts
Arip wrote:
Under the old DADT policy, that's exactly what they were.


Uh.. No they weren't the ONLY ones. You are clearly ignorant of the military life style, just quit and inform yourself before continuing looking silly. The military isn't a place for self expression and as the military is drawing down, the little "expression freedoms" we did have are leaving again.

Arip wrote:
orly? They don't get the same professional respect as just another Soldier, in their work time? Do tell.


Yes. Women are not treated the same. Not only are they not allowed to hold the same jobs, people are more sensitive around women. For some reason, people think it's wrong to curse around women even though women curse as well. So many times are women singled out and given a personal apology for cursing in a public forum. There are various other examples, but the bottom line is that the military is very conservative and women are not treated the same in every event.



____________________________
Demea wrote:
Almalieque wrote:

I'm biased against statistics
#2264Almalieque, Posted: Jan 31 2012 at 7:05 AM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Aripyanfar, you're not a tool. You are simply a blind, self-satisfied, stupid, naive, unimaginative, bigoted hypocrite living an unexamined life to the detriment of his fellow persons. Your faith and your religion, if you have one, isn't overall making you a better person, (like some people I know) it's making you a worse one.
#2265 Jan 31 2012 at 7:23 AM Rating: Excellent
Will swallow your soul
******
28,346 posts
Ah, yes. The classic comeback for 8-year-olds everywhere: I'm rubber and you're glue.
____________________________
In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

#2266Almalieque, Posted: Jan 31 2012 at 7:28 AM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) ? Explain your deduction..
#2267 Jan 31 2012 at 8:02 AM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
Kavekk wrote:
If I ever have a child, I'm going to show it this thread every time it misbehaves.

My only regret is that I can only rate this comment up once.
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#2268 Jan 31 2012 at 8:03 AM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
Samira wrote:
Ah, yes. The classic comeback for 8-year-olds everywhere: I'm rubber and you're glue.

You're just projecting.
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#2269 Jan 31 2012 at 8:09 AM Rating: Excellent
Everyone's Oiran
Avatar
*****
15,923 posts
Almalieque wrote:
Aripyanfar, you're not a tool. You are simply a blind, self-satisfied, stupid, naive, unimaginative, bigoted hypocrite living an unexamined life to the detriment of his fellow persons. Your faith and your religion, if you have one, isn't overall making you a better person, (like some people I know) it's making you a worse one.

Your fears overwhelm your logic, your common sense and your beliefs. I'm glad I don't live with you, work with you, and I really hope you don't vote. Thankfully you are not in my electorate.

Told you you were unimaginative. Smiley: laugh
____________________________
<3

http://www.reddit.com/r/Forum4/
#2270 Jan 31 2012 at 8:11 AM Rating: Good
******
44,522 posts
It's pretty sad he didn't even try to change a few words.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#2271 Jan 31 2012 at 8:29 AM Rating: Good
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
16,327 posts
Almalieque wrote:
Elinda wrote:
Almalieque wrote:

Depending on what you are defining.. There's a Soldier that I work with that I would bet plays for the wrong team and he's not being open about anything.
How much would you bet?


Don't know.. I walked pass him googly eying some half naked stereotypical *** looking dude in the computer lab. When his boss (as a *** joke) sat on his lap, he didn't even react.. just sat there and continued to talk as if it were normal..

I could be wrong, but if I had to guess, I would say that he has sugar in his tank.

You could be wrong?

Yet, you're willing to formulate your opinions based on a mere speculation that admittedly might be wrong?

I'd call this ignorance.
____________________________
Alma wrote:
Post and be happy!
#2272 Jan 31 2012 at 8:44 AM Rating: Good
Unforkgettable
*****
13,251 posts
OH MY GOD HE CONTINUED TO TALK AS IF IT WERE NORMAL, YOU GUYS. CLEARLY A HOMMO.
____________________________
Banh
#2273 Jan 31 2012 at 8:50 AM Rating: Good
******
44,522 posts
Screenshot
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#2274 Jan 31 2012 at 10:08 AM Rating: Excellent
Jophiel wrote:
Kavekk wrote:
If I ever have a child, I'm going to show it this thread every time it misbehaves.

My only regret is that I can only rate this comment up once.
Fortunately I'm not limited!
____________________________
01001001 00100000 01001100 01001001 01001011 01000101 00100000 01000011 01000001 01001011 01000101
You'll always be stupid, you'll just be stupid with more information in your brain
Forum FAQ
#2275 Jan 31 2012 at 10:44 AM Rating: Good
The Duck Whisperer
*****
15,512 posts
If you'd have read my other thread from a year ago my argument would be crystal-clear
____________________________
Iamadam the Prophet wrote:

You know that feeling you get when you have a little bit of hope, only to have it ripped away? Sweetums feeds on that.
#2276 Jan 31 2012 at 11:07 AM Rating: Good
Soulless Internet Tiger
******
34,765 posts
Almalieque wrote:
Ugly wrote:
It was a joke? They were trying to make me uncofrtable? They were hitting on me? I don't know, I never asked as I didn't care.


Well, if you can't recall the situation, then you can't make a comparison.
I never said I can't recall, did I? I said I never cared. I never asked why they were sitting on me, I simply ignored them. The point I was making, which you seem to have missed, is that not all people are affected in a homophobic way when someone of the same *** sits on them, so using it as a basis of declaring someone to be a homosexual is stupid.
____________________________
Donate. One day it could be your family.
Need a hotel at a great rate? More hotels being added weekly.

An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come. Victor Hugo

#2277 Jan 31 2012 at 11:47 AM Rating: Excellent
*****
16,098 posts
someproteinguy wrote:

By the way, anyone actually take that training or is in the service atm? Would be kind of cool to hear that perspective.



Late to the date but FWIW; that DoD/Congressional study that came about a bit ago showing some 70-75% of the active armed forces, along with a whole fuck-ton of military brass confirmed my long time suspicion that the civilian bosses (congress/American public) had much more of an issue with ****'s than the military itself did.

Throughout the 1990's it was just a wedge issue that was mostly over-embellished by the various news outlets. Who knew controversy, manufactured or not, would sell so well?

In my various squadrons we all knew who the ****'s were and most of us just flat-out didn't care. Most of us have more important shit to worry about.

Then again this might have been an abrupt shift in military culture; considering the average age of a military unit is in the neighborhood of 19 that makes Millennials the bulk of the military force and study after study shows Millennials are much more tolerant of not only homos but also interracial relationships; often by double digits from their Gen-X or Boomer counterparts.

There's my 2 shiny credits.

-NW



Edited, Jan 31st 2012 9:51am by NaughtyWord
____________________________
The Pessimist: A person who looks both ways before crossing a one-way street.
#2278 Jan 31 2012 at 12:00 PM Rating: Good
Everyone's Oiran
Avatar
*****
15,923 posts
There are simply different types of touch manners in different socio-economic groups. City people are more inclined to touch than country people as a nat-always-right generalisation. While Mediterranean and Middle-Easterner males are perhaps most famous for it, my own experience of groups of het males who were comfortable touching other het males for things like massages, casual hugs, and kisses hello and goodbye include:

A very large clan of Australian Catholics of distant Austrian descent, mixed country and city dwellers.
A family of Australian Anglicans of recent Sri-Lankan descent, living in a small regional city of 60k people.
An Aussie Jewish magistrate.
An Aussie Peruvian child-psychologist. Actually she was female, and doesn't count. Except she also massaged women friends and kissed them hello and goodbye.
A 1/16th Australian Aborigine who grew up "white" in another small regional city, ran away in his young teens, did his Walkabout and initiation ceremony with other Aborigines and then later rejoined mainstream whitefella culture to go to uni. He was NOT into the citified European double-kiss hello and goodbye, but he was big on massaging blokes he thought were tense and needed it.
____________________________
<3

http://www.reddit.com/r/Forum4/
#2279 Jan 31 2012 at 12:02 PM Rating: Good
Now, now, NW. The virgin, non-combat officer surely knows more than your statistics and anecdotal experience.
____________________________
Edited, Mar 21st 2011 2:14pm by Darqflame Lock Thread: Because Lubriderm is silly... ~ de geso

Almalieque wrote:
I know what a glory hole is, but I wasn't sure what the business part was in reference to.

My Anime List
#2280Almalieque, Posted: Feb 04 2012 at 7:25 AM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) I was merely demonstrating how equally effective it was for me to say the same thing to him. If you need help connecting the dots, that concludes that his claim either has no substance or that he's no different than me.
#2281 Feb 04 2012 at 9:09 AM Rating: Excellent
Will swallow your soul
******
28,346 posts
Except that no one feels that way about Ari, and everyone feels that way about you. So while her words had a ring of truth, yours just have the mild reek of sad desperation.

____________________________
In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

#2282 Feb 04 2012 at 9:31 AM Rating: Default
Avatar
****
9,091 posts
Elinda wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
Elinda wrote:
Almalieque wrote:

Depending on what you are defining.. There's a Soldier that I work with that I would bet plays for the wrong team and he's not being open about anything.
How much would you bet?


Don't know.. I walked pass him googly eying some half naked stereotypical *** looking dude in the computer lab. When his boss (as a *** joke) sat on his lap, he didn't even react.. just sat there and continued to talk as if it were normal..

I could be wrong, but if I had to guess, I would say that he has sugar in his tank.

You could be wrong?

Yet, you're willing to formulate your opinions based on a mere speculation that admittedly might be wrong?

I'd call this ignorance.


Did you even think before writing that? Seriously, you sound beyond foolish.

If I had based my assumption on his feminine behavior, then you would have a point as I've met several straight feminine guys before, but I didn't. However, when you add the fact of him googling half naked stereotypical *** men and his reaction to another man sitting on his lap, it is fair to make that assumption.

The bottom line is that you're either *** (bi/trans/etc/) or straight. Without knowing one's sexuality, you can only assume based on the individual's actions and his actions were leading on the homosexual side. The fact that I'm not declaring his sexuality is proof of me thinking objectively. I'm not treating him any differently, I'm not telling others that he's a homosexual, it's just a mere perception.

So, what is your counter argument? You believe it's wrong to make an assessment on an unidentified person's sexuality?
____________________________
Demea wrote:
Almalieque wrote:

I'm biased against statistics
#2283 Feb 04 2012 at 9:40 AM Rating: Excellent
Gurue
*****
16,289 posts
Almalieque wrote:
Aripyanfar wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
Aripyanfar, you're not a tool. You are simply a blind, self-satisfied, stupid, naive, unimaginative, bigoted hypocrite living an unexamined life to the detriment of his fellow persons. Your faith and your religion, if you have one, isn't overall making you a better person, (like some people I know) it's making you a worse one.

Your fears overwhelm your logic, your common sense and your beliefs. I'm glad I don't live with you, work with you, and I really hope you don't vote. Thankfully you are not in my electorate.

Told you you were unimaginative. Smiley: laugh


lolgaxe wrote:
It's pretty sad he didn't even try to change a few words.



I was merely demonstrating how equally effective it was for me to say the same thing to him. If you need help connecting the dots, that concludes that his claim either has no substance or that he's no different than me.

Ari is a girl, idiot.
#2284 Feb 04 2012 at 9:50 AM Rating: Default
Avatar
****
9,091 posts
Uglysasquatch wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
Ugly wrote:
It was a joke? They were trying to make me uncofrtable? They were hitting on me? I don't know, I never asked as I didn't care.


Well, if you can't recall the situation, then you can't make a comparison.
I never said I can't recall, did I? I said I never cared. I never asked why they were sitting on me, I simply ignored them. The point I was making, which you seem to have missed, is that not all people are affected in a homophobic way when someone of the same *** sits on them, so using it as a basis of declaring someone to be a homosexual is stupid.



I understood your point exactly. I was just pointing out how stupid it is.

You not caring has absolutely nothing to do with you not knowing their motives. Contrary to your misguided belief, grown adults sitting on each others' laps is not a customary greeting for the U.S. It's perfectly "normal" in other cultures for same *** heterosexual friends to hold hands, kiss and be very close. However, the U.S. is not one of those cultures. We are a "arms length away"/independent type of culture.

If an adult sits on another adults lap in the U.S., it's not a customary greeting but typically falls under "affection/sexual and/or some form of a joke". The only other alternative that I can think of is that your friends are "so close" that sitting on each laps is something that you all just do. So, unless you all do that to everyone, that would fall under the "affection" category.

Furthermore, homophobic? Really? You all's favorite clutch. HTF is that homophobic? Where does it end? "Oh, just because he sat in your lap and held your hand doesn't make him ***". "Oh, just because he sat in your lap, held your hand and stuck his tongue in your mouth, that doesn't make him ***". "Oh, just because he rode you like a pony, that doesn't make him ***". The moment an individual does something out of the customary actions of a culture, it is fair game.

Don't even waste your time trying to argue that we just sit on each others' laps as daily conversation. So, if you don't know their motive behind sitting on your lap, then you can't compare the scenarios. Rather you actually cared or not is completely irrelevant. I bet if your girl friend/wife/mom/daughter sat on some random new male friend's lap of yours, you would be able to state their intent.
____________________________
Demea wrote:
Almalieque wrote:

I'm biased against statistics
#2285 Feb 04 2012 at 9:54 AM Rating: Default
Avatar
****
9,091 posts
Samira wrote:
Except that no one feels that way about Ari, and everyone active members of Allakhazam, feels that way about you.



FTFY

Samira wrote:
So while her words had a ring of truth, yours just have the mild reek of sad desperation.


You mean hypothetically if there were substance. Same applies to me as well. What's your point?
____________________________
Demea wrote:
Almalieque wrote:

I'm biased against statistics
#2286 Feb 04 2012 at 10:22 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
*****
12,071 posts
Almalieque wrote:
Samira wrote:
Except that no one feels that way about Ari, and everyone active members of Allakhazam, feels that way about you.



No, she wrote it correctly the first time. Try to keep up.
____________________________
Just as Planned.
#2287 Feb 04 2012 at 11:08 AM Rating: Excellent
Everyone's Oiran
Avatar
*****
15,923 posts
ITT: Almalieque can't remember if I'm female, or ***.
____________________________
<3

http://www.reddit.com/r/Forum4/
#2288 Feb 04 2012 at 11:08 AM Rating: Excellent
Will swallow your soul
******
28,346 posts
Aripyanfar wrote:
ITT: Almalieque can't remember if I'm female, or ***.



Or both! You could be both.

____________________________
In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

#2289 Feb 04 2012 at 11:12 AM Rating: Good
Everyone's Oiran
Avatar
*****
15,923 posts
Almalieque wrote:
Uglysasquatch wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
Ugly wrote:
It was a joke? They were trying to make me uncofrtable? They were hitting on me? I don't know, I never asked as I didn't care.


Well, if you can't recall the situation, then you can't make a comparison.
I never said I can't recall, did I? I said I never cared. I never asked why they were sitting on me, I simply ignored them. The point I was making, which you seem to have missed, is that not all people are affected in a homophobic way when someone of the same *** sits on them, so using it as a basis of declaring someone to be a homosexual is stupid.



I understood your point exactly. I was just pointing out how stupid it is.

You not caring has absolutely nothing to do with you not knowing their motives. Contrary to your misguided belief, grown adults sitting on each others' laps is not a customary greeting for the U.S. It's perfectly "normal" in other cultures for same *** heterosexual friends to hold hands, kiss and be very close. However, the U.S. is not one of those cultures. We are a "arms length away"/independent type of culture.

If an adult sits on another adults lap in the U.S., it's not a customary greeting but typically falls under "affection/sexual and/or some form of a joke". The only other alternative that I can think of is that your friends are "so close" that sitting on each laps is something that you all just do. So, unless you all do that to everyone, that would fall under the "affection" category.

Uglysasquatch is a Canadian, idiot. Do try and keep up.
____________________________
<3

http://www.reddit.com/r/Forum4/
#2290 Feb 04 2012 at 11:46 AM Rating: Excellent
Gurue
*****
16,289 posts
Aripyanfar wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
Uglysasquatch wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
Ugly wrote:
It was a joke? They were trying to make me uncofrtable? They were hitting on me? I don't know, I never asked as I didn't care.


Well, if you can't recall the situation, then you can't make a comparison.
I never said I can't recall, did I? I said I never cared. I never asked why they were sitting on me, I simply ignored them. The point I was making, which you seem to have missed, is that not all people are affected in a homophobic way when someone of the same *** sits on them, so using it as a basis of declaring someone to be a homosexual is stupid.



I understood your point exactly. I was just pointing out how stupid it is.

You not caring has absolutely nothing to do with you not knowing their motives. Contrary to your misguided belief, grown adults sitting on each others' laps is not a customary greeting for the U.S. It's perfectly "normal" in other cultures for same *** heterosexual friends to hold hands, kiss and be very close. However, the U.S. is not one of those cultures. We are a "arms length away"/independent type of culture.

If an adult sits on another adults lap in the U.S., it's not a customary greeting but typically falls under "affection/sexual and/or some form of a joke". The only other alternative that I can think of is that your friends are "so close" that sitting on each laps is something that you all just do. So, unless you all do that to everyone, that would fall under the "affection" category.

Uglysasquatch is a Canadian, idiot. Do try and keep up.

Which means he's sitting on a moose lap.
#2291 Feb 04 2012 at 11:47 AM Rating: Excellent
Will swallow your soul
******
28,346 posts
If Ugly sits on a moose lap in an igloo, does that mean he's ***? Or just cold?

____________________________
In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

#2292 Feb 04 2012 at 12:01 PM Rating: Good
Everyone's Oiran
Avatar
*****
15,923 posts
I don't think it counts unless he slits the moose open and shelters for the night in its steaming bowels.

Also, I am kinda both, but it's more fun to pretend that I'm not.
____________________________
<3

http://www.reddit.com/r/Forum4/
#2293 Feb 04 2012 at 12:11 PM Rating: Excellent
Will swallow your soul
******
28,346 posts
You're both a moose and an igloo? Warm and cold shelter for Ugly? Aww.
____________________________
In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

#2294 Feb 04 2012 at 12:13 PM Rating: Good
Everyone's Oiran
Avatar
*****
15,923 posts
I want to be his furry but he's so devoted to his partner he gives me the cold shoulder.
____________________________
<3

http://www.reddit.com/r/Forum4/
#2295 Feb 04 2012 at 1:10 PM Rating: Excellent
Samira wrote:
If Ugly sits on a moose lap in an igloo, does that mean he's ***? Or just cold?


It means he has polaroids.



[:rimshot:]
____________________________
Allegory wrote:
Bijou your art is exceptionally creepy. It seems like their should be something menacing about it, yet no such tone is present.
#2296 Feb 04 2012 at 1:34 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
2,617 posts
Friar Bijou wrote:
Samira wrote:
If Ugly sits on a moose lap in an igloo, does that mean he's ***? Or just cold?

It means he has polaroids.[:rimshot:]


I pictured a product called Moose Lap, that was a heated, inflatable donut to sit on.
____________________________
Dandruffshampoo wrote:
Curses, beaten by Professor stupidopo-opo.
Annabella, Goblin in Disguise wrote:
Stupidmonkey is more organized than a bag of raccoons.
#2297 Feb 04 2012 at 2:15 PM Rating: Excellent
Will swallow your soul
******
28,346 posts
Better than Moosegloo, which was my product idea.
____________________________
In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

#2298 Feb 04 2012 at 3:21 PM Rating: Good
Soulless Internet Tiger
******
34,765 posts
Almalieque wrote:
Uglysasquatch wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
Ugly wrote:
It was a joke? They were trying to make me uncofrtable? They were hitting on me? I don't know, I never asked as I didn't care.


Well, if you can't recall the situation, then you can't make a comparison.
I never said I can't recall, did I? I said I never cared. I never asked why they were sitting on me, I simply ignored them. The point I was making, which you seem to have missed, is that not all people are affected in a homophobic way when someone of the same *** sits on them, so using it as a basis of declaring someone to be a homosexual is stupid.



I understood your point exactly. I was just pointing out how stupid it is.

You not caring has absolutely nothing to do with you not knowing their motives. Contrary to your misguided belief, grown adults sitting on each others' laps is not a customary greeting for the U.S. It's perfectly "normal" in other cultures for same *** heterosexual friends to hold hands, kiss and be very close. However, the U.S. is not one of those cultures. We are a "arms length away"/independent type of culture.

If an adult sits on another adults lap in the U.S., it's not a customary greeting but typically falls under "affection/sexual and/or some form of a joke". The only other alternative that I can think of is that your friends are "so close" that sitting on each laps is something that you all just do. So, unless you all do that to everyone, that would fall under the "affection" category.

Furthermore, homophobic? Really? You all's favorite clutch. HTF is that homophobic? Where does it end? "Oh, just because he sat in your lap and held your hand doesn't make him ***". "Oh, just because he sat in your lap, held your hand and stuck his tongue in your mouth, that doesn't make him ***". "Oh, just because he rode you like a pony, that doesn't make him ***". The moment an individual does something out of the customary actions of a culture, it is fair game.

Don't even waste your time trying to argue that we just sit on each others' laps as daily conversation. So, if you don't know their motive behind sitting on your lap, then you can't compare the scenarios. Rather you actually cared or not is completely irrelevant. I bet if your girl friend/wife/mom/daughter sat on some random new male friend's lap of yours, you would be able to state their intent.
Wow. Tard.
____________________________
Donate. One day it could be your family.
Need a hotel at a great rate? More hotels being added weekly.

An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come. Victor Hugo

#2299 Feb 04 2012 at 3:28 PM Rating: Good
Soulless Internet Tiger
******
34,765 posts
Samira wrote:
If Ugly sits on a moose lap in an igloo, does that mean he's ***? Or just cold?

It means I'm a wizard.
____________________________
Donate. One day it could be your family.
Need a hotel at a great rate? More hotels being added weekly.

An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come. Victor Hugo

#2300 Feb 04 2012 at 6:21 PM Rating: Good
******
44,522 posts
Where's your wizard's hat and robes?
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#2301 Feb 04 2012 at 9:16 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
*****
12,071 posts
lolgaxe wrote:
Where's your wizard's hat and robes?


Have you ever tried to clean moose blood out of a wizard robe?

____________________________
Just as Planned.
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 48 All times are in CST
Kuwoobie, trickybeck, Xsarus, Anonymous Guests (45)