Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

Don't ask, don't tell, don't persueFollow

#752 Oct 18 2011 at 2:08 PM Rating: Excellent
******
43,849 posts
Almalieque wrote:
I've used this argument before and I'll use it again.
Repeating one plus one is three over and over again won't make it right.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#753Almalieque, Posted: Oct 18 2011 at 2:15 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) That's correct. Never implied otherwise. Unless you're suggesting that not focusing on the things that make the age 18 special (voting rights, legal age, etc) makes a better argument for moving the drinking age from 21 to 18 as opposed to focusing on the things that make age 18 special, then your analogy fails.
#754 Oct 18 2011 at 3:03 PM Rating: Excellent
******
30,643 posts
Almalieque wrote:
I find it odd that you think that I took the "easy way out" after I spent forever typing those two posts.


I find it odd that you think typing two long posts is in any way relevant to whether or not your argument is valid or not. Or even really an argument...


Edited, Oct 18th 2011 4:04pm by Belkira
#755 Oct 18 2011 at 3:28 PM Rating: Excellent
Drunken English Bastard
*****
15,263 posts
Almalieque wrote:
catwho wrote:
ITT: *** is a personality trait.


Let's not get caught up in the wrong words. What would you call it? It's not a physical trait like sexuality or skin color.

What?
____________________________
My Movember page
Solrain wrote:
WARs can use semi-colons however we want. I once killed a guy with a semi-colon.

LordFaramir wrote:
ODESNT MATTER CAUSE I HAVE ALCHOLOL IN MY VEINGS BETCH ;3
#756 Oct 18 2011 at 3:30 PM Rating: Excellent
Meat Popsicle
*****
11,841 posts
Nilatai wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
catwho wrote:
ITT: *** is a personality trait.


Let's not get caught up in the wrong words. What would you call it? It's not a physical trait like sexuality or skin color.

What?


It
____________________________
That monster in the mirror, he just might be you. -Grover
#757 Oct 18 2011 at 4:36 PM Rating: Excellent
Alma wrote:

If you're comparing skin color with sexuality, a physical trait with a personality trait and claiming that they are the same thing, then you are beyond confused.


Sexual orientation & race are not the same thing. The justifications used to support discrimination by either are similar though.

Alma wrote:

This entire time, you acted like homosexuality was the only thing being discriminated against.


Not at all, but homosexuality, like race, lacks a logical justification unlike some of the other ways the military discriminates. With DADT repealed does the military still discriminate for other reasons? Yup. Is that a logical reason not to repeal DADT? Nope.

Alma wrote:
You asked me to list these other forms of discrimination. I listed them and your only responses were attempts of justification and "they are not the same" even though my point was just to simply prove to you that the military discriminates in more ways than one.


Cool story. How come because the military still discriminates against other things that makes it ok to discriminate because of sexual orientation? Oh wait, it doesn't.
____________________________
"The Rich are there to take all of the money & pay none of the taxes, the middle class is there to do all the work and pay all the taxes, and the poor are there to scare the crap out of the middle class." -George Carlin


#758 Oct 18 2011 at 4:39 PM Rating: Excellent
Drunken English Bastard
*****
15,263 posts
Omegavegeta wrote:
Alma wrote:

If you're comparing skin color with sexuality, a physical trait with a personality trait and claiming that they are the same thing, then you are beyond confused.


Sexual orientation & race are not the same thing. The justifications used to support discrimination by either are similar though.


Nuh uh, because liek, pplz dun choose to be black, but dey choose to be ***. See? Smiley: rolleyes
____________________________
My Movember page
Solrain wrote:
WARs can use semi-colons however we want. I once killed a guy with a semi-colon.

LordFaramir wrote:
ODESNT MATTER CAUSE I HAVE ALCHOLOL IN MY VEINGS BETCH ;3
#759 Oct 18 2011 at 5:02 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
Almalieque wrote:
Jophiel wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
No, that isn't accurate. To clarify, if you want to argue that the military can't discriminate against someone because of sexual orientation (and sexual orientation only), then you have to provide an argument that is unique to the discrimination of sexual orientation that isn't applicable to other accepted forms of discrimination.
Bzzzttt!!

Oh, I'm sorry. You lost the washer/dryer AND the trip to Cancun, but we DO have a nice copy of the home game as a parting gift...
???

So, you're arguing that if you want to EXCLUSIVELY argue for a specific group that you can or must include other groups? Do you not know what "exclusive" mean?

Did you huff spray paint before typing this?
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#760 Oct 18 2011 at 5:40 PM Rating: Excellent
******
43,849 posts
Probably huffing Dust-Off. A lot of deployed soldiers do it.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#761 Oct 18 2011 at 9:11 PM Rating: Excellent
again, the onus is on you to justify the discrimination, not on us to justify the lack.
____________________________
01001001 00100000 01001100 01001001 01001011 01000101 00100000 01000011 01000001 01001011 01000101
You'll always be stupid, you'll just be stupid with more information in your brain
Forum FAQ
#762 Oct 18 2011 at 9:25 PM Rating: Excellent
******
30,643 posts
Sir Xsarus wrote:
again, the onus is on you to justify the discrimination, not on us to justify the lack.


But he has justified it. In post 206. Where he said, "Nuh uh, you can't argue to end discrimination on that and not other stuffs."

He's a coward, and he'll never come up with a logical argument.
#763 Oct 18 2011 at 9:42 PM Rating: Excellent
Alma needs one of these
http://imgur.com/XZHhU
____________________________
01001001 00100000 01001100 01001001 01001011 01000101 00100000 01000011 01000001 01001011 01000101
You'll always be stupid, you'll just be stupid with more information in your brain
Forum FAQ
#764 Oct 19 2011 at 4:29 AM Rating: Excellent
Gurue
*****
16,288 posts
Sir Xsarus wrote:
Alma needs one of these
http://imgur.com/XZHhU

Smiley: laugh
#765 Oct 19 2011 at 7:42 AM Rating: Excellent
******
43,849 posts
I love that form.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#766 Oct 19 2011 at 12:34 PM Rating: Excellent
Revolving Door Inspector
Avatar
*****
12,727 posts
Nilatai wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
catwho wrote:
ITT: *** is a personality trait.


Let's not get caught up in the wrong words. What would you call it? It's not a physical trait like sexuality or skin color.

What?


Obviously

*** != sexuality


It's actually watermelon. Why do you think Alma loves talking about it so much?
____________________________
FFXI: Exodus @ San d'Oria since November 19, 2003, Siren Server
FFXIV: Turk Kalahai @ Gridania, Balmung Server
Rift: Kalahai @ Sanctum, Faeblight Server
Exo @ YouTube | Exo @ Tumblr | Exo @ Twitter | Cheese
#767 Oct 19 2011 at 1:03 PM Rating: Excellent
******
43,849 posts
Youtube KFC Guile Theme.

Go.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#768 Oct 19 2011 at 2:20 PM Rating: Excellent
Revolving Door Inspector
Avatar
*****
12,727 posts
lolgaxe wrote:
Youtube KFC Guile Theme.

Go.


Smiley: laughSmiley: laugh

Now I'm on a Guile's Theme binge.
____________________________
FFXI: Exodus @ San d'Oria since November 19, 2003, Siren Server
FFXIV: Turk Kalahai @ Gridania, Balmung Server
Rift: Kalahai @ Sanctum, Faeblight Server
Exo @ YouTube | Exo @ Tumblr | Exo @ Twitter | Cheese
#769Almalieque, Posted: Oct 20 2011 at 11:30 AM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) What? No.. You claimed that there weren't any other forms of discrimination. I proved you wrong. Instead of admitting it, now you're trying to turn that around and pretend that I was trying to say it was ok because of other forms of discrimination when I explicitly said the contrary numerous of times
#770Almalieque, Posted: Oct 20 2011 at 11:36 AM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Read post 206.
#771Almalieque, Posted: Oct 20 2011 at 11:43 AM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) **********
#772 Oct 20 2011 at 11:54 AM Rating: Excellent
Gurue
*****
16,288 posts
Just so you know, POST 206 doesn't say what you think it says.
#773 Oct 20 2011 at 11:56 AM Rating: Excellent
******
43,849 posts
Nothing he says says what he think he says.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#774 Oct 20 2011 at 12:10 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
Almalieque wrote:
No, so answer the question or do you need me to restate it in another way?

Up to you, sparkles.
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#775 Oct 20 2011 at 1:21 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
****
7,468 posts
Quote:
If you can think of a similar "DADT" ruling where people can "hide" their skin color to serve, then we can start making similarities in the exclusion.


So being *** depends on the color of your skin? I was not aware of that. I feel enlightened to know that Homosexuality depends on Race. Fantastic.
____________________________
HEY GOOGLE. **** OFF YOU. **** YOUR ******** SEARCH ENGINE IN ITS ******* ****** BINARY ***. ALL DAY LONG.

#776Almalieque, Posted: Oct 20 2011 at 1:28 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Well does that mean you have a hard time understanding my statement regardless of who's fault? No need to restate it, if you already understand it.
#777 Oct 20 2011 at 1:31 PM Rating: Excellent
nah, I think everyone has just gotten tired of trying to explain stuff to you. /shrug.

At some point in any given thread it stops being worth it.

Edited, Oct 20th 2011 2:31pm by Xsarus
____________________________
01001001 00100000 01001100 01001001 01001011 01000101 00100000 01000011 01000001 01001011 01000101
You'll always be stupid, you'll just be stupid with more information in your brain
Forum FAQ
#778 Oct 20 2011 at 1:41 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
Almalieque wrote:
Well does that mean you have a hard time understanding my statement regardless of who's fault? No need to restate it, if you already understand it.

Instead of prattling on, you could have just restated it with this post if you had actually intended to.
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#779 Oct 20 2011 at 1:42 PM Rating: Excellent
Unforkgettable
*****
13,250 posts
Sir Xsarus wrote:
nah, I think everyone has just gotten tired of trying to explain stuff to you. /shrug.

At some point in any given thread it stops being worth it.

Edited, Oct 20th 2011 2:31pm by Xsarus
That point is typically before the ******* thread is even created.
____________________________
Banh
#780Almalieque, Posted: Oct 20 2011 at 1:44 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) So, are you going to answer the question or do I have to restate the question of me restating the other question?
#781 Oct 20 2011 at 1:48 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
Up to you, sparkles.
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#782 Oct 20 2011 at 1:51 PM Rating: Default
Avatar
****
9,013 posts
Jophiel wrote:
Up to you, sparkles.


Wait, which one?
____________________________
Demea wrote:
Almalieque wrote:

I'm biased against statistics
#783 Oct 20 2011 at 1:58 PM Rating: Excellent
****
6,470 posts
Almalieque wrote:
Jophiel wrote:
Up to you, sparkles.


Wait, which one?


What a nice, compact example of poor reading comprehension.
____________________________
Latest Articles:
Monaco: What's Yours is Mine Review

Follow me on Twitter!
#784 Oct 20 2011 at 2:06 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
Almalieque wrote:
Jophiel wrote:
Up to you, sparkles.
Wait, which one?

Up to you, sparkles.
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#785Almalieque, Posted: Oct 20 2011 at 2:09 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) As suspected... so I choose the other one.
#786 Oct 20 2011 at 3:45 PM Rating: Excellent
Almalieque wrote:
Sir Xsarus wrote:
nah, I think everyone has just gotten tired of trying to explain stuff to you. /shrug.

At some point in any given thread it stops being worth it.


There was no need for any post beyond post 206. That isn't my fault. At this point, it's all about 1000 posts.
I've responded to that post a few times, all of which were ignored so whatever. Others have too. I've never gotten a satisfactory response.

Edited, Oct 20th 2011 4:45pm by Xsarus
____________________________
01001001 00100000 01001100 01001001 01001011 01000101 00100000 01000011 01000001 01001011 01000101
You'll always be stupid, you'll just be stupid with more information in your brain
Forum FAQ
#787Almalieque, Posted: Oct 20 2011 at 3:55 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) You must be referring to the posts where you're just saying the same thing that has already been refuted. Even if I did magically ignore your posts, you have not added anything to this conversation. Everything you have said has already been said by someone else.
#788 Oct 20 2011 at 3:57 PM Rating: Excellent
Sure thing twinkly

Edited, Oct 20th 2011 4:57pm by Xsarus
____________________________
01001001 00100000 01001100 01001001 01001011 01000101 00100000 01000011 01000001 01001011 01000101
You'll always be stupid, you'll just be stupid with more information in your brain
Forum FAQ
#789 Oct 20 2011 at 4:07 PM Rating: Default
Avatar
****
9,013 posts
Sir Xsarus wrote:
Sure thing twinkly

Edited, Oct 20th 2011 4:57pm by Xsarus


Of course Smiley: schooled
____________________________
Demea wrote:
Almalieque wrote:

I'm biased against statistics
#790 Oct 20 2011 at 4:52 PM Rating: Good
Repressed Memories
******
20,580 posts
Whatever you say miss glitter.
#791 Oct 21 2011 at 1:05 AM Rating: Excellent
Alma wrote:
The justifications are not similar either. What you're doing is taking the lowest form of an "argument", hatred and bigotry, and claiming that since there are people who argue with hatred and bigotry against homosexuality, the justifications are similar.


Those justifications are similar. "Comfort" was another justification that was also similarly applied to both racial & sexual orientation discrimination.

Alma wrote:
Well, the legitimate justifications against homosexuality within the military has nothing to do with hatred and bigotry.


What legitimate justifications? Name ONE. Brownie points if it couldn't also be applied to racial discrimination.

Alma wrote:
So, as I said above, if you want to sit there with your fingers in your ears screaming that there isn't any justification when it was presented before DADT, during DADT and even in the repeal of DADT, then that's a personal problem.


Perhaps it's just semantics, but I've been waiting for one logical justification to discriminate by sexual orientation from you for awhile now. "Post 206" does not answer that. A complete sentence, or one filled out madlib, would.

Alma wrote:
What? No.. You claimed that there weren't any other forms of discrimination.


I did? The CLOSEST thing I've posted in this thread that could POSSIBLY be misconstrued by a moron into thinking I claimed that was when I asked you the following question:

"Besides a woman's role in combat & the physical requirement needed to join the armed forces (neither of which are the equivalent of discrimination solely based upon ones sexual orientation), how does the military blatantly & openly discriminate? Be specific. "

This question was asked so you would answer &, hopefully, be able to understand the difference between (mostly) logical justifications for discrimination (gender, religion, etc.) & illogical justifications.

Alma wrote:
Now you're trying to turn that around and pretend that I was trying to say it was ok because of other forms of discrimination when I explicitly said the contrary numerous of times.


Alma, #647, as his answer to why woman whom meet the physical standard still aren't allowed to do some things wrote:

Because the military discriminates in more ways than just against homosexuals.
Smiley: dubious
____________________________
"The Rich are there to take all of the money & pay none of the taxes, the middle class is there to do all the work and pay all the taxes, and the poor are there to scare the crap out of the middle class." -George Carlin


#792 Oct 21 2011 at 2:43 AM Rating: Good
Drunken English Bastard
*****
15,263 posts
Almalieque wrote:
Nilatai wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
catwho wrote:
ITT: *** is a personality trait.


Let's not get caught up in the wrong words. What would you call it? It's not a physical trait like sexuality or skin color.

What?


Maybe I missed the point of your statement, please explain.


*** is not sexuality? Smiley: dubious
____________________________
My Movember page
Solrain wrote:
WARs can use semi-colons however we want. I once killed a guy with a semi-colon.

LordFaramir wrote:
ODESNT MATTER CAUSE I HAVE ALCHOLOL IN MY VEINGS BETCH ;3
#793 Oct 21 2011 at 3:47 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
****
7,468 posts
Nilatai wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
Nilatai wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
catwho wrote:
ITT: *** is a personality trait.


Let's not get caught up in the wrong words. What would you call it? It's not a physical trait like sexuality or skin color.

What?


Maybe I missed the point of your statement, please explain.


*** is not sexuality? Smiley: dubious


No no Sexuality is a physical trait unlike skin color which is not a physical trait.
____________________________
HEY GOOGLE. **** OFF YOU. **** YOUR ******** SEARCH ENGINE IN ITS ******* ****** BINARY ***. ALL DAY LONG.

#794 Oct 21 2011 at 3:52 AM Rating: Good
Drunken English Bastard
*****
15,263 posts
I'm so confused. Smiley: glare
____________________________
My Movember page
Solrain wrote:
WARs can use semi-colons however we want. I once killed a guy with a semi-colon.

LordFaramir wrote:
ODESNT MATTER CAUSE I HAVE ALCHOLOL IN MY VEINGS BETCH ;3
#795 Oct 21 2011 at 4:02 AM Rating: Default
Avatar
****
9,013 posts
Vegeta wrote:

Those justifications are similar. "Comfort" was another justification that was also similarly applied to both racial & sexual orientation discrimination.


So we agree. Hatred and bigotry can be used for ANY argument. You can't use those "arguments" for the legitimate justification for the discrimination. My post did not support any bigotry or hatred. Under your logic, all discrimination is the same because we can all reduce it to "hatred" and "bigotry". The actual justification for the discrimination of homosexuality did NOT include either of those, so therefore the two reasons are NOT the same.

Vegeta wrote:


What legitimate justifications? Name ONE. Brownie points if it couldn't also be applied to racial discrimination.


Post 206.

Vageta wrote:

Perhaps it's just semantics, but I've been waiting for one logical justification to discriminate by sexual orientation from you for awhile now. "Post 206" does not answer that. A complete sentence, or one filled out madlib, would.


Post 206. You're trying to put an entire post into one sentence, it can not happen. You either take the whole post as a whole or stop asking for an explanation, because that's all you will get.

Vegeta wrote:
This question was asked so you would answer &, hopefully, be able to understand the difference between (mostly) logical justifications for discrimination (gender, religion, etc.) & illogical justifications.


And you yet provided any "logical justifications" for gender, religion,etc. You responded with the same responses that you are attacking for homosexuality. For example, you say "traditional gender roles", but "traditional gender roles" do not support homosexuality. So, according to your "logical explanation" for discrimination against ***, it also supports DADT. So, do you or do you not stand by "traditional gender roles"?

You also said for religion to basically suck it up, because you should have known that before joining. I can just as easily use that same thought process against homosexuality.

Unless I overlooked it, I responded to your post refuting all of your claims and you did not reply.

Vageta wrote:

Almalieque The Great wrote:

Now you're trying to turn that around and pretend that I was trying to say it was ok because of other forms of discrimination when I explicitly said the contrary numerous of times.



Almalieque The Most Awesome, #647, as his answer to why woman whom meet the physical standard still aren't allowed to do some things wrote:


Because the military discriminates in more ways than just against homosexuals.

Smiley: dubious


And your point? That isn't a contradiction. You ask why women can't do certain things. I answered because the military discriminates. I was pointing out to you that it discriminates beyond sexuality as what you are implying. I did not say that one lead to the to other, just simply it exists.

Nice try though.
____________________________
Demea wrote:
Almalieque wrote:

I'm biased against statistics
#796 Oct 21 2011 at 4:04 AM Rating: Default
Avatar
****
9,013 posts
Nilatai wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
Nilatai wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
catwho wrote:
ITT: *** is a personality trait.


Let's not get caught up in the wrong words. What would you call it? It's not a physical trait like sexuality or skin color.

What?


Maybe I missed the point of your statement, please explain.


*** is not sexuality? Smiley: dubious



I'm sorry, I was referring to the dictionary. If you have some other credible source that says otherwise, please feel free to share.
____________________________
Demea wrote:
Almalieque wrote:

I'm biased against statistics
#797 Oct 21 2011 at 4:06 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
****
7,468 posts
Quote:
And your point? That isn't a contradiction. You ask why women can't do certain things. I answered because the military discriminates. I was pointing out to you that it discriminates beyond sexuality as what you are implying. I did not say that one lead to the to other, just simply it exists.


One hurdle at a time there champ, the gays got their freedom from discrimination, maybe next it will be chicky-poos on the front line. Rome wasn't built in a day.

____________________________
HEY GOOGLE. **** OFF YOU. **** YOUR ******** SEARCH ENGINE IN ITS ******* ****** BINARY ***. ALL DAY LONG.

#798 Oct 21 2011 at 4:51 AM Rating: Excellent
Drunken English Bastard
*****
15,263 posts
Almalieque wrote:
Nilatai wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
Nilatai wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
catwho wrote:
ITT: *** is a personality trait.


Let's not get caught up in the wrong words. What would you call it? It's not a physical trait like sexuality or skin color.

What?


Maybe I missed the point of your statement, please explain.


*** is not sexuality? Smiley: dubious



I'm sorry, I was referring to the dictionary. If you have some other credible source that says otherwise, please feel free to share.

The thing is, homosexuality is a psychological grey area. There are those who say it is genetic, and others who say it can have environmental triggers.

If you want, you can head to your local public or university library and check out Biological Psychology by James W. Kalat, pages 335-338.

Alternatively you can check out dictionary.com - noun (of a person, esp. a man) Homosexual.

So I ask again, how is being *** not referring to sexuality? If you say "*** means happy" I will find you and ***** slap you so hard.
____________________________
My Movember page
Solrain wrote:
WARs can use semi-colons however we want. I once killed a guy with a semi-colon.

LordFaramir wrote:
ODESNT MATTER CAUSE I HAVE ALCHOLOL IN MY VEINGS BETCH ;3
#799 Oct 21 2011 at 5:42 AM Rating: Excellent
ENOUGH ABOUT POST 206

If you truly think we missed some pearl of wisdom in it, just say it again, at least once. Or don't, but please stop dragging this fucking post out.
____________________________
Edited, Mar 21st 2011 2:14pm by Darqflame Lock Thread: Because Lubriderm is silly... ~ de geso

Almalieque wrote:
I know what a glory hole is, but I wasn't sure what the business part was in reference to.

My Anime List
#800 Oct 21 2011 at 6:05 AM Rating: Excellent
Soulless Internet Tiger
******
34,686 posts
Post 206 is Alma's bible. He doesn't have to prove anything, just reference that post. It's up to you to find the answers from there.
____________________________
Donate. One day it could be your family.
Need a hotel at a great rate? More hotels being added weekly.

An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come. Victor Hugo

#801 Oct 21 2011 at 6:14 AM Rating: Excellent
Read post 799.
____________________________
Edited, Mar 21st 2011 2:14pm by Darqflame Lock Thread: Because Lubriderm is silly... ~ de geso

Almalieque wrote:
I know what a glory hole is, but I wasn't sure what the business part was in reference to.

My Anime List
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 54 All times are in CDT
Jophiel, Kavekkk, Poldaran, Timelordwho, trickybeck, Xsarus, Anonymous Guests (48)