Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

Don't ask, don't tell, don't persueFollow

#202 Sep 26 2011 at 2:30 PM Rating: Good
Soulless Internet Tiger
******
34,765 posts
So it's a rule that's in place to use when you want to get someone in **** and is otherwise, typically ignored. Like showing up late at work. You turn a blind eye to it when someone good is late and raise **** when it's a stunned employee.
____________________________
Donate. One day it could be your family.
Need a hotel at a great rate? More hotels being added weekly.

An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come. Victor Hugo

#203 Sep 26 2011 at 2:31 PM Rating: Good
****
6,470 posts
lolgaxe wrote:
Fraternization deals more with rank. As in, an officer and an enlisted dating or enlisted and junior enlisted and such. And it isn't that big a deal until one of them @#%^s up and abuses the situation. (IE: The officer commands the enlisted to date/*** them or the enlisted uses the relationship to advance themselves)


Ah, thanks.
____________________________
Latest Articles:
Monaco: What's Yours is Mine Review

Follow me on Twitter!
#204 Sep 26 2011 at 3:01 PM Rating: Excellent
****
5,684 posts
Is this thread about mandatory buttsecks yet?
____________________________
Almalieque wrote:
I admit that I was wrong

God bless Lili St. Cyr
#205 Sep 26 2011 at 3:44 PM Rating: Good
******
27,272 posts
Bardalicious wrote:
Is this thread about mandatory buttsecks yet?
It is now.
____________________________
Theophany wrote:
YOU'RE AN ELITIST @#%^ AETHIEN, NO WONDER YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS AND PEOPLE HATE YOU.
someproteinguy wrote:
Aethien you take more terrible pictures than a Japanese tourist.
Astarin wrote:
One day, Maz, you'll learn not to click on anything Aeth links.
#206Almalieque, Posted: Sep 26 2011 at 3:51 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) The reason why my post did not have details the way you wanted is because it was a conceptual argument. I was asked what I thought of it and I expressed my opinion. What I realized after finishing this post was that you all expected a different type of response. I responded to the question of how I feel with the conceptual argument of allowing overall ignorance making changes does more harm than good. My post wasn't intended to point fingers at any one thing, but to go over the conceptual errors. The concept of the "big picture" is two fold.
#207 Sep 26 2011 at 3:54 PM Rating: Excellent
******
44,501 posts
Alma wrote:
Homosexuals are now authorized to live together in the barracks, but not heterosexual couples.
Wrong.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#208 Sep 26 2011 at 4:05 PM Rating: Excellent
If joining the US military means that you are 'signing off' on some of your rights, how come an officer of said military is publicly criticizing its policies? Being an openly *** grunt is a problem but being an anti-establishment officer is a just fine?

Alma, you do about as much for morale as friendly fire.
____________________________
Edited, Mar 21st 2011 2:14pm by Darqflame Lock Thread: Because Lubriderm is silly... ~ de geso

Almalieque wrote:
I know what a glory hole is, but I wasn't sure what the business part was in reference to.

My Anime List
#209 Sep 26 2011 at 4:10 PM Rating: Good
******
27,272 posts
Alma wrote:
I think gays are icky and I'll use every possible strawman I can think of so I won;t have to admit it.
____________________________
Theophany wrote:
YOU'RE AN ELITIST @#%^ AETHIEN, NO WONDER YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS AND PEOPLE HATE YOU.
someproteinguy wrote:
Aethien you take more terrible pictures than a Japanese tourist.
Astarin wrote:
One day, Maz, you'll learn not to click on anything Aeth links.
#210Sir Xsarus, Posted: Sep 26 2011 at 4:57 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) I see what you're saying here, but the thing is that this is the situation that currently exists. You've said and other sources have said that most of the time people know anyway, so all this changes is that people don't have to officially hide who they are. Since nothing else changes, it's not a good argument to keep DADT. If you think there are justifications for handling things differently you can explore those, but in a situation where it doesn't change anything functional it's not a justification for not changing DADT. You're also equating the situation between a man and a woman, and a man and a man, which I don't think is justified.
#211 Sep 26 2011 at 4:59 PM Rating: Good
Prodigal Son
******
20,042 posts
Belkira the Tulip wrote:
lolgaxe wrote:
In short, consensual buttsex, even in the military, is not a crime.

Good to know, thanks.

Considering a career change? Smiley: laugh
____________________________
publiusvarus wrote:
we all know liberals are well adjusted american citizens who only want what's best for society. While conservatives are evil money grubbing scum who only want to sh*t on the little man and rob the world of its resources.
#212 Sep 26 2011 at 5:01 PM Rating: Good
Drunken English Bastard
*****
15,264 posts
I bet any amount of money that this exact argument happened back when (if you'll excuse the terminology) 'coloureds' were allowed to serve in the same companies as whites.
____________________________
My Movember page
Solrain wrote:
WARs can use semi-colons however we want. I once killed a guy with a semi-colon.

LordFaramir wrote:
ODESNT MATTER CAUSE I HAVE ALCHOLOL IN MY VEINGS BETCH ;3
#213 Sep 26 2011 at 5:07 PM Rating: Good
The Duck Whisperer
*****
15,512 posts
There can exist does not imply there does exist.
____________________________
Iamadam the Prophet wrote:

You know that feeling you get when you have a little bit of hope, only to have it ripped away? Sweetums feeds on that.
#214 Sep 26 2011 at 5:35 PM Rating: Excellent
Soulless Internet Tiger
******
34,765 posts
Xsarus, please rate yourself down for me for continuing any discussion with Alma.
____________________________
Donate. One day it could be your family.
Need a hotel at a great rate? More hotels being added weekly.

An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come. Victor Hugo

#215 Sep 26 2011 at 5:37 PM Rating: Excellent
******
30,643 posts
Debalic wrote:
Belkira the Tulip wrote:
lolgaxe wrote:
In short, consensual buttsex, even in the military, is not a crime.

Good to know, thanks.

Considering a career change? Smiley: laugh


I'm a chick. I don't do buttsex. I have other holes for that sort of thing. Smiley: lol
#216 Sep 26 2011 at 6:18 PM Rating: Excellent
Uglysasquatch, Mercenary Major wrote:
Xsarus, please rate yourself down for me for continuing any discussion with Alma.
Sorry Smiley: frown
____________________________
01001001 00100000 01001100 01001001 01001011 01000101 00100000 01000011 01000001 01001011 01000101
You'll always be stupid, you'll just be stupid with more information in your brain
Forum FAQ
#217 Sep 26 2011 at 6:19 PM Rating: Decent
Prodigal Son
******
20,042 posts
Belkira the Tulip wrote:
Debalic wrote:
Belkira the Tulip wrote:
lolgaxe wrote:
In short, consensual buttsex, even in the military, is not a crime.

Good to know, thanks.

Considering a career change? Smiley: laugh


I'm a chick. I don't do buttsex. I have other holes for that sort of thing. Smiley: lol

D'oh, can't you just temporarily switch genders for the sake of my joke?
____________________________
publiusvarus wrote:
we all know liberals are well adjusted american citizens who only want what's best for society. While conservatives are evil money grubbing scum who only want to sh*t on the little man and rob the world of its resources.
#218 Sep 26 2011 at 7:01 PM Rating: Excellent
******
30,643 posts
I'm going to say, since Alma hasn't targeted my post and explained how I'm dead wrong, I must've gotten his argument down pretty well.

Go me.
#219 Sep 26 2011 at 8:45 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
*****
12,069 posts
Belkira the Tulip wrote:
I'm going to say, since Alma hasn't targeted my post and explained how I'm dead wrong, I must've gotten his argument down pretty well.

Go me.


Don't taunt it, or the beast will turn it's gaze toward you. No sudden movements.
____________________________
Just as Planned.
#220 Sep 27 2011 at 5:16 AM Rating: Good
Everyone's Oiran
Avatar
*****
15,923 posts
Australia is now the fourth nation in the world to have women serve in all combat/frontline jobs in the military, after Canada, New Zealand, and Israel.

They will, of course, have to pass the present physical and psychological tests, so the physical tests are expected to keep women in a minority.

Rats, I hope world war doesn't break out and conscription kicks in Smiley: glare
____________________________
<3

http://www.reddit.com/r/Forum4/
#221 Sep 27 2011 at 5:25 AM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
The US will have to close its borders to all those Canadian draft-dodger broads.
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#222 Sep 27 2011 at 6:05 AM Rating: Default
Avatar
****
9,079 posts
lolgaxe wrote:
Alma wrote:
Homosexuals are now authorized to live together in the barracks, but not heterosexual couples.
Wrong.


Correction, it's not that they CAN'T, but they wont. I had a Soldier who got married within in his last weeks in country. He got an exception to policy for his wife to live with him, but that is not the norm.

Duke Lubriderm wrote:
If joining the US military means that you are 'signing off' on some of your rights, how come an officer of said military is publicly criticizing its policies? Being an openly *** grunt is a problem but being an anti-establishment officer is a just fine?

Alma, you do about as much for morale as friendly fire.


Wait, does General McChrystal know about this?

Nilatai wrote:
I bet any amount of money that this exact argument happened back when (if you'll excuse the terminology) 'coloureds' were allowed to serve in the same companies as whites.


If it were, it was a poor argument given the fact that they are totally irrelevant.

Belkira the Tulip wrote:
I'm going to say, since Alma hasn't targeted my post and explained how I'm dead wrong, I must've gotten his argument down pretty well.

Go me.


The main reason why I didn't respond was because the length of the last post. The second reason was that I figured with me explaining myself in the long post, that there wasn't a need to make any corrections in your explanation.

You weren't perfect, but relative to your "peers", you're light years above them. The fact that you were able to comprehend that much, proves the fact that it wasn't that hard to understand. This wasn't the first time that you have done so. This is how I can call the BS flag when people claim that they don't understand.
____________________________
Demea wrote:
Almalieque wrote:

I'm biased against statistics
#223 Sep 27 2011 at 6:16 AM Rating: Excellent
Quote:
The main reason why I didn't respond was because the length of the last post. The second reason was that I figured with me explaining myself in the long post, that there wasn't a need to make any corrections in your explanation.
The insight gained from your long posts = the insight gained from your short posts = the insight gained from a Terry Shiavo post.
____________________________
Edited, Mar 21st 2011 2:14pm by Darqflame Lock Thread: Because Lubriderm is silly... ~ de geso

Almalieque wrote:
I know what a glory hole is, but I wasn't sure what the business part was in reference to.

My Anime List
#224 Sep 27 2011 at 6:45 AM Rating: Excellent
Soulless Internet Tiger
******
34,765 posts
Jophiel wrote:
The US will have to close its borders to all those Canadian draft-dodger broads.

Canada's not a pure war-mongering country. We don't need to draft.
____________________________
Donate. One day it could be your family.
Need a hotel at a great rate? More hotels being added weekly.

An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come. Victor Hugo

#225 Sep 27 2011 at 6:52 AM Rating: Good
Uglysasquatch wrote:
Jophiel wrote:
The US will have to close its borders to all those Canadian draft-dodger broads.

Canada's not a pure war-mongering country. We don't need to draft.
When you are founded by one hegemon, then neighbored and allied with the next, you don't really need to be.
____________________________
Edited, Mar 21st 2011 2:14pm by Darqflame Lock Thread: Because Lubriderm is silly... ~ de geso

Almalieque wrote:
I know what a glory hole is, but I wasn't sure what the business part was in reference to.

My Anime List
#226 Sep 27 2011 at 6:53 AM Rating: Good
Soulless Internet Tiger
******
34,765 posts
You guys do keep dragging us into ********** though.
____________________________
Donate. One day it could be your family.
Need a hotel at a great rate? More hotels being added weekly.

An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come. Victor Hugo

#227 Sep 27 2011 at 7:12 AM Rating: Excellent
I apologize for the US for dragging Canada into WW2.
____________________________
Edited, Mar 21st 2011 2:14pm by Darqflame Lock Thread: Because Lubriderm is silly... ~ de geso

Almalieque wrote:
I know what a glory hole is, but I wasn't sure what the business part was in reference to.

My Anime List
#228 Sep 27 2011 at 7:43 AM Rating: Good
Soulless Internet Tiger
******
34,765 posts
That would've been your predecessor.
____________________________
Donate. One day it could be your family.
Need a hotel at a great rate? More hotels being added weekly.

An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come. Victor Hugo

#229 Sep 27 2011 at 7:52 AM Rating: Excellent
******
44,501 posts
Uglysasquatch wrote:
That would've been your predecessor.
That's irrelevant, people blame our kids for our fathers' mistakes all the time. Inside and outside the country.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#230 Sep 27 2011 at 7:58 AM Rating: Good
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
16,311 posts
Jophiel wrote:
The US will have to close its borders to all those Canadian draft-dodger broads.

Haven't we already done that?
____________________________
Alma wrote:
Post and be happy!
#231 Sep 27 2011 at 7:58 AM Rating: Good
Soulless Internet Tiger
******
34,765 posts
Ok then.

Yay UK, FU America!
____________________________
Donate. One day it could be your family.
Need a hotel at a great rate? More hotels being added weekly.

An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come. Victor Hugo

#232 Sep 27 2011 at 8:07 AM Rating: Good
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
16,311 posts
Uglysasquatch wrote:
Ok then.

Yay UK, FU America!

Maybe you can pick your friends but you can't pick your relatives. You're American. Deal with it.
____________________________
Alma wrote:
Post and be happy!
#233 Sep 27 2011 at 8:09 AM Rating: Excellent
Soulless Internet Tiger
******
34,765 posts
Sorry, you're just an overbearing big brother. The UK's our parents. They just happen to be old and sick, leaving more of the family decisions to you guys.
____________________________
Donate. One day it could be your family.
Need a hotel at a great rate? More hotels being added weekly.

An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come. Victor Hugo

#234varusword75, Posted: Sep 27 2011 at 8:11 AM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Aethia,
#235 Sep 27 2011 at 8:15 AM Rating: Excellent
******
44,501 posts
Gumbo Galahad wrote:
Forcing mostly christian young men to accept something that goes against their religious beliefs.
Yeah, like how dare we as a nation force our upstanding Christians in the military to go against the fifth commandment?
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#236 Sep 27 2011 at 8:21 AM Rating: Good
Prodigal Son
******
20,042 posts
What does Christianity have to do with anything? I thought this was a secular state.
____________________________
publiusvarus wrote:
we all know liberals are well adjusted american citizens who only want what's best for society. While conservatives are evil money grubbing scum who only want to sh*t on the little man and rob the world of its resources.
#237varusword75, Posted: Sep 27 2011 at 8:29 AM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) lagaga,
#238 Sep 27 2011 at 8:30 AM Rating: Excellent
******
44,501 posts
Gumbo Galahad wrote:
Like I've said liberals don't mind forcing their beliefs on others no matter what the consequences.
Like Christians!
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#239 Sep 27 2011 at 8:37 AM Rating: Good
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
16,311 posts
varusword75 wrote:
lagaga,

Wonder how many young men the very few ****** that decide to join are going to run off?


There were some 13,000 troops that were booted for 'telling' since the inception of DADT. That includes women too though.
____________________________
Alma wrote:
Post and be happy!
#240varusword75, Posted: Sep 27 2011 at 9:36 AM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Elinda,
#241 Sep 27 2011 at 9:44 AM Rating: Excellent
Soulless Internet Tiger
******
34,765 posts
varusword75 wrote:
Elinda,

So you're talking about an avg of 1k a year booted out. Now how many tens of thousands of young men are going to decide against joining because they don't want to bunk next to a *****?

The same amount that weren't joining before because they didn't want to bunk next to a *****.
____________________________
Donate. One day it could be your family.
Need a hotel at a great rate? More hotels being added weekly.

An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come. Victor Hugo

#242 Sep 27 2011 at 9:45 AM Rating: Excellent
******
44,501 posts
Gumbo Galahad wrote:
Now how many tens of thousands of young men are going to decide against joining because they don't want to bunk next to a *****?
Probably, and purely coincidental, the same amount who are barred from enlistment due to whatever reason.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#243 Sep 27 2011 at 9:49 AM Rating: Excellent
******
44,501 posts
Just for fun, who would you people rather have next to you in a firefight for your life?

This upstanding Christian of unquestionable moral fiber?
Screenshot

Or this ***?
Screenshot

____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#244 Sep 27 2011 at 9:56 AM Rating: Good
That's a trick question, they're both poofs.
____________________________
"The Rich are there to take all of the money & pay none of the taxes, the middle class is there to do all the work and pay all the taxes, and the poor are there to scare the crap out of the middle class." -George Carlin


#245varusword75, Posted: Sep 27 2011 at 9:57 AM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) lagaga,
#246 Sep 27 2011 at 9:59 AM Rating: Excellent
******
44,501 posts
Gumbo Galahad wrote:
As to who you'd rather have in a firefight put yankee in one column and hillbilly in another and there you go. A gun doesn't care how many hours you've spent in a gym getting pumped.
So what you're saying is that since those yankees are better shots as well as being in better shape, that we should just cease enlisting rednecks? Sounds good to me, and feels weird agreeing with you on that.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#247 Sep 27 2011 at 10:08 AM Rating: Excellent
Meat Popsicle
*****
12,018 posts
varusword75 wrote:
Aethia,

Quote:
It's just that now straight guys will have to live together that closely with *** guys and THEY'LL KNOW WHO THE *** GUYS ARE. LIKE OMG!


You think you're being witty but you've hit the nail on the head. Let's face it the ****** aren't doing this because they want to "serve" our nation. This is all about social change. Forcing mostly christian young men to accept something that goes against their religious beliefs. I'd venture to say that somewhere around 99.9% of hetero christian teenage boys would rather not bunk next to a *****.

Forcing their beliefs on institutions is nothing new for liberals.


Most Mainline Protestants Say Society Should Accept Homosexuality.
____________________________
That monster in the mirror, he just might be you. -Grover
#248 Sep 27 2011 at 10:08 AM Rating: Good
Prodigal Son
******
20,042 posts
Well, now that DADT is being repealed and varus deigned to show up to this conversation...I can't wait till he finds out that one of the brothers he plays b-ball with is ***.
____________________________
publiusvarus wrote:
we all know liberals are well adjusted american citizens who only want what's best for society. While conservatives are evil money grubbing scum who only want to sh*t on the little man and rob the world of its resources.
#249 Sep 27 2011 at 10:10 AM Rating: Excellent
******
44,501 posts
Actually, I can't wait till he finds out that he's hardcore defending a Democratic policy.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#250varusword75, Posted: Sep 27 2011 at 1:30 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) lagaga,
#251 Sep 27 2011 at 1:34 PM Rating: Excellent
******
44,501 posts
Gumbo Galahad wrote:
Only radicals like yourself worry about what the party supports.
Just like a liberal to make baseless accusations.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 47 All times are in CST
Almalieque, angrymnk, Bijou, Demea, ElneClare, feelz, Iamadam, Anonymous Guests (40)