Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

Don't ask, don't tell, don't persueFollow

#102 Sep 24 2011 at 9:59 AM Rating: Excellent
Everyone's Oiran
Avatar
*****
15,921 posts
varusword75 wrote:
Wrong. Every action the military takes serves either to strengthen or weaken it. You don't want to have this question answered because the answer might not be the one you're looking for. I'm sorry if this upsets you but forcing normal hetero men from 18-21 to bunk with ****'s is not exactly a good selling point. Since homosexuals likely consist of less than 1% of the military isn't it far more likely that you're discouraging many more good recruits to satisfy the politics of one very small subset. Taking this into consideration I don't see how anyone with an ounce of common sense can say allowing ****'s to openly serve does anything but weaken the military.

So I think it'll make it stronger. The sort of young guys who can't cope diplomatically with homosexuals around aren't going to cope diplomatically when having to deal with other cultures over-seas. They'll ratchet tensions up, rather than down. Much better having the open-minded/diplomatic in the military.

And I'm sorry, but the stats say that a majority of young people are ok with gays being around and having the same rights and responsibilities as straights in all areas of life. It's simply a matter of letting the older generation die off before it's all going to happen legally.
____________________________
<3

http://www.reddit.com/r/Forum4/
#103 Sep 24 2011 at 10:48 AM Rating: Excellent
The Duck Whisperer
*****
15,512 posts
Almalieque wrote:


I provided the justification.



*** PANIC!!
____________________________
Iamadam the Prophet wrote:

You know that feeling you get when you have a little bit of hope, only to have it ripped away? Sweetums feeds on that.
#104 Sep 24 2011 at 12:29 PM Rating: Decent
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
16,030 posts
Almalieque wrote:

I provided the justification.


Quote:
Other jobs do not force you to live, sleep and shower with someone. No matter how much people want to deny it, it's the same exact reason why men and women don't share close quarters.
I don't really like playing these word games, but this is the only thing I could see that is any way justifying discrimination against gays.

But, allowing gays in the military doesn't anyway impact the enlisted from living, showering and shaving together.

Tell me specifically what actions do *** people exclusively perform, or are unable to perform, while serving their country that weakens the military?
____________________________
Alma wrote:
Post and be happy!
#105 Sep 24 2011 at 12:47 PM Rating: Good
Meat Popsicle
*****
11,841 posts
Elinda wrote:

Tell me specifically what actions do *** people exclusively perform, or are unable to perform, while serving their country that weakens the military?


Turning a key and launching a nuclear missile is something that only strong straight manly men are capable of. Didn't you get the memo?

Smiley: rolleyes
____________________________
That monster in the mirror, he just might be you. -Grover
#106 Sep 24 2011 at 1:31 PM Rating: Good
******
27,272 posts
How about strong *** manly men? I'm sure they could do it without having to redecorate the room first.
____________________________
Theophany wrote:
YOU'RE AN ELITIST @#%^ AETHIEN, NO WONDER YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS AND PEOPLE HATE YOU.
someproteinguy wrote:
Aethien you take more terrible pictures than a Japanese tourist.
Astarin wrote:
One day, Maz, you'll learn not to click on anything Aeth links.
#107 Sep 24 2011 at 1:33 PM Rating: Excellent
Meat Popsicle
*****
11,841 posts
I dunno, dull gray so isn't the color you want be to looking at when you have to vaporize a half-million people.

Smiley: oyvey
____________________________
That monster in the mirror, he just might be you. -Grover
#108 Sep 24 2011 at 1:37 PM Rating: Excellent
Prodigal Son
*****
19,976 posts
Almalieque wrote:
Debalic wrote:
So the "big picture" is...what? Straight men won't want to join the military if they know that a few *** men are also serving? Did they all think that there were *no* homosexuals serving before? Excuse my civilian naievete in the following comment, but isn't it true that some men "became" "***" during extended deployments? I thought that was a common joke regarding the Navy, something which also occurs in lengthy prison terms...

In any case, it's obvious that gays have already been serving, and likely always have. How does making this known and accepted make things any different?


I answered your questions in the post you referenced.


Really, the only thing you said was that the military is special. I guess you need to have a completely separate morality code in that line of work.
____________________________
publiusvarus wrote:
we all know liberals are well adjusted american citizens who only want what's best for society. While conservatives are evil money grubbing scum who only want to sh*t on the little man and rob the world of its resources.
#109Almalieque, Posted: Sep 24 2011 at 10:30 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Smiley: oyvey
#110 Sep 24 2011 at 11:19 PM Rating: Good
******
30,643 posts
So Alma's an idiot. No big surprise there, right?
#111 Sep 24 2011 at 11:21 PM Rating: Good
The Duck Whisperer
*****
15,512 posts
Quote:
If you want to reorganize the military and it's rules, fine, but do so by looking at the whole "big" picture. Changing some rules, while not addressing other affected and/or related/similar policies breaks down the core of the military. This goes beyond "sexuality". For example, allowing people of certain religions to not shave, while forcing others to shave and not recognizing other religions that may have similar shaving rules.


Oh, please. Grow the **** up.
____________________________
Iamadam the Prophet wrote:

You know that feeling you get when you have a little bit of hope, only to have it ripped away? Sweetums feeds on that.
#112Almalieque, Posted: Sep 24 2011 at 11:22 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Smiley: disappointed
#113Almalieque, Posted: Sep 24 2011 at 11:25 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) I am grown up.. See, responsible adults tend to look beyond what's in front of them and look outwards. I apologize if this concept exceeds your capacity of thinking.
#114 Sep 24 2011 at 11:31 PM Rating: Excellent
The Duck Whisperer
*****
15,512 posts
Almalieque wrote:
Sweetums wrote:
Quote:
If you want to reorganize the military and it's rules, fine, but do so by looking at the whole "big" picture. Changing some rules, while not addressing other affected and/or related/similar policies breaks down the core of the military. This goes beyond "sexuality". For example, allowing people of certain religions to not shave, while forcing others to shave and not recognizing other religions that may have similar shaving rules.


Oh, please. Grow the @#%^ up.


I am grown up.. See, responsible adults tend to look beyond what's in front of them and look outwards. I apologize if this concept exceeds your capacity of thinking.
I'm sure the concept of "capacity of thinking" exceeds yours, so you're excused.

Varus could find you a nice Marine to shave your blow-hole, though, if that's what you were really asking about.

Edited, Sep 25th 2011 12:32am by Sweetums
____________________________
Iamadam the Prophet wrote:

You know that feeling you get when you have a little bit of hope, only to have it ripped away? Sweetums feeds on that.
#115Almalieque, Posted: Sep 24 2011 at 11:37 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) ????
#116 Sep 24 2011 at 11:38 PM Rating: Excellent
******
30,643 posts
Almalieque wrote:
Belkira the Tulip wrote:
So Alma's an idiot. No big surprise there, right?


Smiley: disappointed


I call'em like I see'em.
#117 Sep 24 2011 at 11:44 PM Rating: Good
The Duck Whisperer
*****
15,512 posts
Almalieque wrote:
Sweetums wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
Sweetums wrote:
Quote:
If you want to reorganize the military and it's rules, fine, but do so by looking at the whole "big" picture. Changing some rules, while not addressing other affected and/or related/similar policies breaks down the core of the military. This goes beyond "sexuality". For example, allowing people of certain religions to not shave, while forcing others to shave and not recognizing other religions that may have similar shaving rules.


Oh, please. Grow the @#%^ up.


I am grown up.. See, responsible adults tend to look beyond what's in front of them and look outwards. I apologize if this concept exceeds your capacity of thinking.
I'm sure the concept of "capacity of thinking" exceeds yours, so you're excused.

Varus could find you a nice Marine to shave your blow-hole, though, if that's what you were really asking about.

Edited, Sep 25th 2011 12:32am by Sweetums



????

Really? Is that the best you could do? That doesn't even make sense.

Edited, Sep 25th 2011 7:38am by Almalieque
Nonsense is basically your comfort zone. You've certainly never listed any "other affected or related policies" that aren't "I think gays are icky", nor do I really think you honestly think "letting some other people NOT SHAVE!!" is really destabilizing the American military.

If it is, though, we're really fucked.
____________________________
Iamadam the Prophet wrote:

You know that feeling you get when you have a little bit of hope, only to have it ripped away? Sweetums feeds on that.
#118 Sep 24 2011 at 11:54 PM Rating: Good
[quote]If it is, though, we're really ***************

Only if it's vanilla vaginal fucked. Any other type of fucking is a no-no.

Oh, wait, no it isn't. ALMA's the one who's ****** now. He'll have to shower with his trunks on so all the poofs won't look at his junk.

____________________________
"The Rich are there to take all of the money & pay none of the taxes, the middle class is there to do all the work and pay all the taxes, and the poor are there to scare the crap out of the middle class." -George Carlin


#119 Sep 24 2011 at 11:54 PM Rating: Default
Avatar
****
9,013 posts
Belkira wrote:

I call'em like I see'em.


Then you should try a pair of glasses or a prescribe to a better prescription.

Sweetums wrote:
Nonsense is basically your comfort zone. You've certainly never listed any "other affected or related policies" that aren't "I think gays are icky"


No one said gays were icky.

[quote=Sweetums]nor do I really think you honestly think "letting some other people NOT SHAVE!!" is really destabilizing the American military.

If it is, though, we're really ***************

Your statement is proving my point on overall ignorance in areas you just don't understand.
____________________________
Demea wrote:
Almalieque wrote:

I'm biased against statistics
#120Almalieque, Posted: Sep 24 2011 at 11:57 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Edited, Sep 25th 2011 7:58am by Almalieque
#121 Sep 25 2011 at 12:01 AM Rating: Excellent
The Duck Whisperer
*****
15,512 posts
Almalieque wrote:
Belkira wrote:

I call'em like I see'em.


Then you should try a pair of glasses or a prescribe to a better prescription.

Sweetums wrote:
Nonsense is basically your comfort zone. You've certainly never listed any "other affected or related policies" that aren't "I think gays are icky"


No one said gays were icky.
Then what's the real problem, Private Durp?
Quote:

Sweetums wrote:
nor do I really think you honestly think "letting some other people NOT SHAVE!!" is really destabilizing the American military.

If it is, though, we're really @#%^ed.


Your statement is proving my point on overall ignorance in areas you just don't understand.
Look, I'm not the one who's saying the "core values" of the military are being shaken by something as simple as letting *** service members come out of the closet without providing some kind of quantitative claim.
____________________________
Iamadam the Prophet wrote:

You know that feeling you get when you have a little bit of hope, only to have it ripped away? Sweetums feeds on that.
#122Almalieque, Posted: Sep 25 2011 at 12:04 AM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Neither did I.
#123 Sep 25 2011 at 12:37 AM Rating: Excellent
******
30,643 posts
Almalieque wrote:
Belkira wrote:

I call'em like I see'em.


Then you should try a pair of glasses or a prescribe to a better prescription.


But you really are an idiot. Smiley: frown

I'm sorry that I'm the one to tell you. Don't shoot the messenger, kid.
#124Almalieque, Posted: Sep 25 2011 at 12:48 AM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) I hate to burst your bubble, but just because someone doesn't see life the same way as you, doesn't make them an idiot.
#125 Sep 25 2011 at 12:54 AM Rating: Excellent
******
27,272 posts
Almalieque wrote:
Belkira the Tulip wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
Belkira wrote:

I call'em like I see'em.


Then you should try a pair of glasses or a prescribe to a better prescription.


But you really are an idiot. Smiley: frown

I'm sorry that I'm the one to tell you. Don't shoot the messenger, kid.


I hate to burst your bubble, but just because someone doesn't see life the same way as you, doesn't make them an idiot.

I know that you think you're special and you are, just not in the way you believe you are.
It's true, a different view on life doesn't make you an idiot. But fear not, there's plenty of other reasons why you're a ******* idiot!
____________________________
Theophany wrote:
YOU'RE AN ELITIST @#%^ AETHIEN, NO WONDER YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS AND PEOPLE HATE YOU.
someproteinguy wrote:
Aethien you take more terrible pictures than a Japanese tourist.
Astarin wrote:
One day, Maz, you'll learn not to click on anything Aeth links.
#126 Sep 25 2011 at 1:04 AM Rating: Default
Avatar
****
9,013 posts
Aethien wrote:
It's true, a different view on life doesn't make you an idiot. But fear not, there's plenty of other reasons why you're a @#%^ing idiot!


Name them.. Remember, they can't involve opinions of life, to include but are not limited to, SSM, abortion, sexuality, etc.
____________________________
Demea wrote:
Almalieque wrote:

I'm biased against statistics
#127 Sep 25 2011 at 1:18 AM Rating: Good
Almsa wrote:

I hate to burst your bubble, but just because someone doesn't see life the same way as you, doesn't make them an idiot.


In your case, it does.

It also makes you ignorant as well as a homophobe.

History will look back on people such as yourself, shake their head, & chuckle at the thought that there was ANYONE as ignorant as yourself.

Much like they'll do when they look back on shows such as "Teen Mom" & "Jersey Shore".

You're kind of like a black, American version of the UK's Karl Pilkington. Except Carl's entertaining.
____________________________
"The Rich are there to take all of the money & pay none of the taxes, the middle class is there to do all the work and pay all the taxes, and the poor are there to scare the crap out of the middle class." -George Carlin


#128 Sep 25 2011 at 1:27 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
****
9,013 posts
Omegavegeta wrote:
Almsa wrote:

I hate to burst your bubble, but just because someone doesn't see life the same way as you, doesn't make them an idiot.


In your case, it does.

It also makes you ignorant as well as a homophobe.

History will look back on people such as yourself, shake their head, & chuckle at the thought that there was ANYONE as ignorant as yourself.

Much like they'll do when they look back on shows such as "Teen Mom" & "Jersey Shore".

You're kind of like a black, American version of the UK's Karl Pilkington. Except Carl's entertaining.


Read above.. All I hear is talk with no walk. The same exact thing that you said about me can be said about you and it would be equally as true.
____________________________
Demea wrote:
Almalieque wrote:

I'm biased against statistics
#129 Sep 25 2011 at 1:50 AM Rating: Decent

Alma wrote:
Read above.. All I hear is talk with no walk. The same exact thing that you said about me can be said about you and it would be equally as true.


I don't give a crap about gays seeing my junk when I shower at the Gym, you shouldn't give a crap about gays peeking at your junk in the military.

I'll be quite honest- I havent read much of anything you've written since your last, "OMFG Gays are going to come out in the military & see my junk" thread. So, if your stance has changed & you're open to poofs peeking at your junk now, by all means let me know.

Also, gotta love the "NO U!" response to my claim that you're ignorant as well as a homophobe. It's almost cute.

Prove to me that you're neither by answering the following:

If the fetus a woman is carrying is ***, will you still support it's rights?
____________________________
"The Rich are there to take all of the money & pay none of the taxes, the middle class is there to do all the work and pay all the taxes, and the poor are there to scare the crap out of the middle class." -George Carlin


#130 Sep 25 2011 at 1:56 AM Rating: Default
Avatar
****
9,013 posts
Omegavegeta wrote:

Alma wrote:
Read above.. All I hear is talk with no walk. The same exact thing that you said about me can be said about you and it would be equally as true.


I don't give a crap about gays seeing my junk when I shower at the Gym, you shouldn't give a crap about gays peeking at your junk in the military.

I'll be quite honest- I havent read much of anything you've written since your last, "OMFG Gays are going to come out in the military & see my junk" thread. So, if your stance has changed & you're open to poofs peeking at your junk now, by all means let me know.

Also, gotta love the "NO U!" response to my claim that you're ignorant as well as a homophobe. It's almost cute.

Prove to me that you're neither by answering the following:

If the fetus a woman is carrying is ***, will you still support it's rights?


If that's what you gathered from my posts, then you can only fault yourself for a lack of understanding.
____________________________
Demea wrote:
Almalieque wrote:

I'm biased against statistics
#131 Sep 25 2011 at 2:06 AM Rating: Excellent
Alma wrote:
If that's what you gathered from my posts, then you can only fault yourself for a lack of understanding.


linky

Alma wrote:
Why people fully support open homosexual men showering with men but oppose open heterosexual men showering with women is beyond me.


Alma; The Great communicator.
____________________________
"The Rich are there to take all of the money & pay none of the taxes, the middle class is there to do all the work and pay all the taxes, and the poor are there to scare the crap out of the middle class." -George Carlin


#132 Sep 25 2011 at 2:08 AM Rating: Good
******
27,272 posts
Almalieque wrote:
Aethien wrote:
It's true, a different view on life doesn't make you an idiot. But fear not, there's plenty of other reasons why you're a @#%^ing idiot!


Name them.. Remember, they can't involve opinions of life, to include but are not limited to, SSM, abortion, sexuality, etc.
You are incapable of forming a logical argument. And no I'm not going to prove or explain this as you won't listen anyway and this is enough of a waste of time already.
You are so convinced you're right it almost makes Varus look smart in comparison (and now you'll probably point to that one time you totally admitted you were wrong, good for you).
You need even the simplest of concepts explained to you, search your own posts for "Explain." if you don't believe me.

And now you're going to tell me how wrong I am about what I said, you were going to when you asked me to point it out regardless of what I'd say.
____________________________
Theophany wrote:
YOU'RE AN ELITIST @#%^ AETHIEN, NO WONDER YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS AND PEOPLE HATE YOU.
someproteinguy wrote:
Aethien you take more terrible pictures than a Japanese tourist.
Astarin wrote:
One day, Maz, you'll learn not to click on anything Aeth links.
#133 Sep 25 2011 at 3:37 AM Rating: Default
Avatar
****
9,013 posts
Omegavegeta wrote:
Alma wrote:
If that's what you gathered from my posts, then you can only fault yourself for a lack of understanding.


linky

Alma wrote:
Why people fully support open homosexual men showering with men but oppose open heterosexual men showering with women is beyond me.


Alma; The Great communicator.


Smiley: oyvey

And you proved what? You took a snippet from an entire argument and adulterated it. If you still don't understand it, reread my initial response in this argument. I explained exactly what that quote meant IN CONTEXT.

Aethien wrote:
You are incapable of forming a logical argument. And no I'm not going to prove or explain this as you won't listen anyway and this is enough of a waste of time already.


So wait... I'm "incapable of forming a logical argument" and you choose to make an argument with no substance to reaffirm it? The irony. You choose not to, because you can't.

Aethien wrote:
You are so convinced you're right it almost makes Varus look smart in comparison (and now you'll probably point to that one time you totally admitted you were wrong, good for you).


That one time? So, if I never "agreed" to you and you never agreed with me, how is the problem with me? Aren't you claiming that you're always right, that is unless you have been wrong as well. Which as a result would make me right on occasions? So, then how does that make me stupid? Oh, right, it doesn't.

Aethien wrote:
You need even the simplest of concepts explained to you, search your own posts for "Explain." if you don't believe me.


"Explain" is for people like you, who in this very own post, who likes to make comments with no substance. I ask you to explain, not because I don't necessarily comprehend it, but because you are simply making stuff up. Giving you a benefit without a doubt (not literally), I ask you to explain yourself. Your responses are as you just stated, "I don't have to". Yet, I'm the one incapable of making an argument and you can't even put a counter together to disprove my claim?

Aethien wrote:

And now you're going to tell me how wrong I am about what I said, you were going to when you asked me to point it out regardless of what I'd say.


You haven't said anything for me to counter your claim. You're simply name calling. If being in third grade amuses you, fine, but don't expect me to accede to such immaturity.
____________________________
Demea wrote:
Almalieque wrote:

I'm biased against statistics
#134 Sep 25 2011 at 5:53 AM Rating: Good
Gurue
*****
16,288 posts
Why the **** are you people talking to him??

NO ONE IS THAT BORED.
#135 Sep 25 2011 at 5:58 AM Rating: Good
Drunken English Bastard
*****
15,263 posts
Nadenu wrote:
Why the **** are you people talking to him??

NO ONE IS THAT BORED.

Class doesn't start up until tomorrow, so it's either this or go shopping. Actually I'll go shopping...
____________________________
My Movember page
Solrain wrote:
WARs can use semi-colons however we want. I once killed a guy with a semi-colon.

LordFaramir wrote:
ODESNT MATTER CAUSE I HAVE ALCHOLOL IN MY VEINGS BETCH ;3
#136 Sep 25 2011 at 7:20 AM Rating: Good
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
Almalieque wrote:
I hate to burst your bubble, but just because someone doesn't see life the same way as you, doesn't make them an idiot.

But being an idiot would prevent them from seeing life the way I do so it's a worthy path of explanation to explore.
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#137 Sep 25 2011 at 7:59 AM Rating: Good
The Duck Whisperer
*****
15,512 posts
Nadenu wrote:
Why the **** are you people talking to him??

NO ONE IS THAT BORED.
Clearly you don't know the bounds of my time-wasting abilities
____________________________
Iamadam the Prophet wrote:

You know that feeling you get when you have a little bit of hope, only to have it ripped away? Sweetums feeds on that.
#138 Sep 25 2011 at 8:20 AM Rating: Excellent
Everyone's Oiran
Avatar
*****
15,921 posts
Almalieque wrote:

Other jobs do not force you to live, sleep and shower with someone. No matter how much people want to deny it, it's the same exact reason why men and women don't share close quarters.
Not to mention often have to ****, defectate, and **** (quietly) in front of each other when out in the field.

But hey, most non-military hetero guys aren't used to doing that, and wouldn't do that. Military guys learn to get used to a different culture in terms of behaviour and personal boundaries, and new set of etiquette rules, because they have a strong purpose to do so: to serve in a working military. Their mind over-rules their learned reactions in terms of behaviour.

If guys can learn to do things in front of other hetero men that they would usually only do in front of their wife or girlfriend, they can learn to do it in front of *** guys. Take my uni job as a life model. I have firm reasons to believe that life-drawing with human models is necessary in learning several technical art skills, and often necessary for some good art pieces. My mind knew I'd go out naked on a small stage in front of a ring of not only strange women, but strange guys, also.

I knew that that's unusual behaviour for most people, but in the circumstance of a Life-drawing class, people would respect the rules, and respect me and my personal space. They and I would modify our behaviour for several years of special circumstances. My first class, my mind was totally at peace, but for the first 15 minutes my body TOTALLY freaked out once I got naked for my first poses. Sweat poured out all over me, and steadily dripped off my elbows as I held my arms up, because my BODY said "NO! THIS IS WRONG TO BE NAKED IN FRONT OF STRANGE MEN AND WOMEN!" But guess what. After 20 minutes my body settled down and got used to the new circumstances.

I could tell there were a few young guys who found me sexually attractive by their first shocked widening of their eyes, hastily veiled, and a tendency to draw me like a goddess on the page, instead of my real form. But apart from that initial reveal, they behaved totally professionally and "normally" towards me for the entire year. Like I was a clothed, normal person that they had a student-teacher relationship with. People can adjust their boundaries and behaviour when really needed.
____________________________
<3

http://www.reddit.com/r/Forum4/
#139 Sep 25 2011 at 8:46 AM Rating: Good
****
6,470 posts
All that being said, I'm on the record as saying I'm fine with them creating separate showering facilities, if it was so desired. Honestly, that's not that hard.

After that, I don't think there's a leg to stand on against repeal.


EDIT: Also,

Quote:
I could tell there were a few young guys who found me sexually attractive by their first shocked widening of their eyes, hastily veiled, and a tendency to draw me like a goddess on the page, instead of my real form.


Smiley: um

Edited, Sep 25th 2011 10:48am by Eske
____________________________
Latest Articles:
Monaco: What's Yours is Mine Review

Follow me on Twitter!
#140 Sep 25 2011 at 8:50 AM Rating: Excellent
Alma wrote:
And you proved what? You took a snippet from an entire argument and adulterated it. If you still don't understand it, reread my initial response in this argument. I explained exactly what that quote meant IN CONTEXT.


It's not complicated, even in context. You do not want *** dudes looking at your junk in the shower, which is why you're opposed to DADT repeal.

I've designed an elaborate solution.

Screenshot

____________________________
"The Rich are there to take all of the money & pay none of the taxes, the middle class is there to do all the work and pay all the taxes, and the poor are there to scare the crap out of the middle class." -George Carlin


#141 Sep 25 2011 at 9:27 AM Rating: Excellent
The Duck Whisperer
*****
15,512 posts
Showering together is not really a unique military thing. How is this any different from using a gym shower? Lots of them aren't separated, and dudes use them all the time.

If you think there aren't any *** people at gyms, you are really kidding yourself
____________________________
Iamadam the Prophet wrote:

You know that feeling you get when you have a little bit of hope, only to have it ripped away? Sweetums feeds on that.
#142 Sep 25 2011 at 1:03 PM Rating: Excellent
Needs More Smut
Avatar
******
20,419 posts
gbaji wrote:
lolgaxe wrote:
gbaji wrote:
If those using that term really just mean that someone was zealous about their cause, they'd apply it to liberals as frequently as they do to conservatives.
I agree, if someone is acting overzealous they should be labeled evangelical regardless of political affiliation. Like Santorum.


I eagerly await the day that Maddow will refer to Obama as an evangelical. Until then, I'll stick to my assumptions about how the left uses the term.


What on earth is Obama "overzealous" about? He's Middle-Ground-Man. He's No-Drama Obama. He's always will to give in to the other side, at least a little. The only thing he's being a bit pushy about these days is his jobs bill, because he knows that that's the only way to prod Congress into any action whatsoever.
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck. Once again a top bard on the server: Dardaubla 90 on 1/6/2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest on Lamia - Member of The Swarm and leader of Grammarian Tea House chat LS
#143 Sep 25 2011 at 1:07 PM Rating: Default
Avatar
****
9,013 posts
OmegaVageta wrote:

It's not complicated, even in context. You do not want *** dudes looking at your junk in the shower, which is why you're opposed to DADT repeal.



Almalieque already wrote:
If that's what you gathered from my posts, then you can only fault yourself for a lack of understanding.

.......

I'm personally not affected by this ruling,



Just in case you have forgotten, I'm a Captain of the United States Army. I live in my own apartment/house with my own bathroom. Even now, I'm in Iraq and I have my own room. The communal showers are sectioned off with curtains. So the likelihood of a homosexual man seeing my junk in the 2 seconds it takes for me to jump in my shower during the times that I'm deployed is slim to none.

So, if you insist to argue your argument, that's fine, just realize that you're wrong.

Sweetums wrote:
Showering together is not really a unique military thing. How is this any different from using a gym shower? Lots of them aren't separated, and dudes use them all the time.

If you think there aren't any *** people at gyms, you are really kidding yourself


The answer is that you don't have to change or shower at the gym. You can do that at home. When you are at home, i.e. the field/sandbox, where that is the only source of a shower, then you no longer have that choice.
____________________________
Demea wrote:
Almalieque wrote:

I'm biased against statistics
#144 Sep 25 2011 at 1:10 PM Rating: Excellent
****
6,470 posts
Almalieque wrote:
The communal showers are sectioned off with curtains. So the likelihood of a homosexual man seeing my junk in the 2 seconds it takes for me to jump in my shower during the times that I'm deployed is slim to none.


Well, then it's official, there's absolutely no logical reason to oppose the repeal of DADT.


Glad we solved that one.
____________________________
Latest Articles:
Monaco: What's Yours is Mine Review

Follow me on Twitter!
#145 Sep 25 2011 at 1:11 PM Rating: Excellent
Quote:
So the likelihood of a homosexual man seeing my junk in the 2 seconds it takes for me to jump in my shower during the times that I'm deployed is slim to none.
If it takes more than 2 seconds to locate your ******, I don't think you would need to worry about anyone checking you out anyways.
____________________________
Edited, Mar 21st 2011 2:14pm by Darqflame Lock Thread: Because Lubriderm is silly... ~ de geso

Almalieque wrote:
I know what a glory hole is, but I wasn't sure what the business part was in reference to.

My Anime List
#146 Sep 25 2011 at 1:25 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
****
9,013 posts
Eske Esquire wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
The communal showers are sectioned off with curtains. So the likelihood of a homosexual man seeing my junk in the 2 seconds it takes for me to jump in my shower during the times that I'm deployed is slim to none.


Well, then it's official, there's absolutely no logical reason to oppose the repeal of DADT.


Glad we solved that one.

Smiley: disappointed
Duke Lubriderm wrote:
Quote:
So the likelihood of a homosexual man seeing my junk in the 2 seconds it takes for me to jump in my shower during the times that I'm deployed is slim to none.
If it takes more than 2 seconds to locate your ******, I don't think you would need to worry about anyone checking you out anyways.


Are you assuming that someone is purposely trying to look at my junk or assuming that others are minding their own business trying to shower?
____________________________
Demea wrote:
Almalieque wrote:

I'm biased against statistics
#147 Sep 25 2011 at 1:31 PM Rating: Good
****
6,470 posts
Almalieque wrote:
Eske Esquire wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
The communal showers are sectioned off with curtains. So the likelihood of a homosexual man seeing my junk in the 2 seconds it takes for me to jump in my shower during the times that I'm deployed is slim to none.


Well, then it's official, there's absolutely no logical reason to oppose the repeal of DADT.


Glad we solved that one.

Smiley: disappointed


Why be disappointed? You should be proud that you helped us solve this issue!
____________________________
Latest Articles:
Monaco: What's Yours is Mine Review

Follow me on Twitter!
#148 Sep 25 2011 at 1:40 PM Rating: Excellent
Almalieque wrote:

Duke Lubriderm wrote:
Quote:
So the likelihood of a homosexual man seeing my junk in the 2 seconds it takes for me to jump in my shower during the times that I'm deployed is slim to none.
If it takes more than 2 seconds to locate your ******, I don't think you would need to worry about anyone checking you out anyways.


Are you assuming that someone is purposely trying to look at my junk or assuming that others are minding their own business trying to shower?
It was just a silly **** joke, no need to ponder it.
____________________________
Edited, Mar 21st 2011 2:14pm by Darqflame Lock Thread: Because Lubriderm is silly... ~ de geso

Almalieque wrote:
I know what a glory hole is, but I wasn't sure what the business part was in reference to.

My Anime List
#149 Sep 25 2011 at 2:31 PM Rating: Excellent
Eske Esquire wrote:
Ari wrote:
I could tell there were a few young guys who found me sexually attractive by their first shocked widening of their eyes, hastily veiled, and a tendency to draw me like a goddess on the page, instead of my real form.


Smiley: um

You probaly shouldn't make a judgement call on that statement if you haven't seen her naked.

Just sayin'.
____________________________
Allegory wrote:
Bijou your art is exceptionally creepy. It seems like their should be something menacing about it, yet no such tone is present.
#150 Sep 25 2011 at 2:51 PM Rating: Excellent
Friar Bijou wrote:
Eske Esquire wrote:
Ari wrote:
I could tell there were a few young guys who found me sexually attractive by their first shocked widening of their eyes, hastily veiled, and a tendency to draw me like a goddess on the page, instead of my real form.


Smiley: um

You probaly shouldn't make a judgement call on that statement if you haven't seen her naked.

Just sayin'.
Sign me up for the viewing material needed to make a judgement call, then. Smiley: wink
____________________________
Edited, Mar 21st 2011 2:14pm by Darqflame Lock Thread: Because Lubriderm is silly... ~ de geso

Almalieque wrote:
I know what a glory hole is, but I wasn't sure what the business part was in reference to.

My Anime List
#151 Sep 25 2011 at 3:35 PM Rating: Excellent
****
6,470 posts
Friar Bijou wrote:
Eske Esquire wrote:
Ari wrote:
I could tell there were a few young guys who found me sexually attractive by their first shocked widening of their eyes, hastily veiled, and a tendency to draw me like a goddess on the page, instead of my real form.


Smiley: um

You probaly shouldn't make a judgement call on that statement if you haven't seen her naked.


Bijou, we all know that you haven't seen her, either.

I was actually just umming because that whole thing read like a romance novel.
____________________________
Latest Articles:
Monaco: What's Yours is Mine Review

Follow me on Twitter!
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 38 All times are in CDT
Poldaran, RavennofTitan, Anonymous Guests (36)