Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

There ain't no Freak in Friday!Follow

#1 Sep 16 2011 at 9:09 AM Rating: Decent
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
15,509 posts

My boss retires today, so we're going out for drinks after work.

The local orchard has plums and crab-apples ready. It would be pretty ambitious of me to think I'd get around to making both plum and crab-apple jam. Which one should I pick? I'm partial to crab-apple, but I like tartness.

My husband is gone for a couple weeks. I actually made a gaming commitment for tomorrow night - something that I very rarely do anymore. I think wine will go along nicely with a dungeon-crawl.

What are you doing?
____________________________
Alma wrote:
Post and be happy!
#2 Sep 16 2011 at 9:12 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
*****
19,516 posts
I have a GRE practice test on Sunday, and lunch with my sister tomorrow. Other than that, it's just schoolwork.
____________________________
IDrownFish wrote:
Anyways, you all are horrible, @#%^ed up people

lolgaxe wrote:
Never underestimate the healing power of a massive dong.
#3 Sep 16 2011 at 9:14 AM Rating: Decent
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
15,509 posts
idiggory, King of Bards wrote:
I have a GRE practice test on Sunday, and lunch with my sister tomorrow. Other than that, it's just schoolwork.

Good luck with the GRE's. The most stand-out thing I remember from when I took them was the timing. Despite having also did practice tests, I kept pushing up against the clock when taking the real test.
____________________________
Alma wrote:
Post and be happy!
#4 Sep 16 2011 at 9:27 AM Rating: Good
****
6,470 posts
Elinda wrote:
idiggory, King of Bards wrote:
I have a GRE practice test on Sunday, and lunch with my sister tomorrow. Other than that, it's just schoolwork.

Good luck with the GRE's. The most stand-out thing I remember from when I took them was the timing. Despite having also did practice tests, I kept pushing up against the clock when taking the real test.


I remember it being weird. It's a test that tests your ability to take tests, as they say, but I'm not sure. More like it tests your ability to take a very specific type of test. I'm a bit skeptical of its relevance to anything.

I scored just marginally above average on it, IIRC. Thankfully, architecture schools didn't give two shits about the GRE.
____________________________
Latest Articles:
Monaco: What's Yours is Mine Review

Follow me on Twitter!
#5 Sep 16 2011 at 9:34 AM Rating: Excellent
Annoying Ass
ZAM Administrator
Avatar
*****
11,921 posts
Never took the GRE, but I bought a big book with a CD of tests on it. Without studying I scored higher than my friend who studied for an entire semester Smiley: lol Guess I just had some good luck. I should really try taking it for real sometime... preferably after reading the actual book.

Plans for the weekend: downloaded all the DLC and the expansion for Dragon Age, so going to do a lot of that. Also want to head to the lake and kayak for a bit; could use the sun and the exercise. Otherwise, probably watch the Gators game tomorrow and drink a bit too much. Laundry, grocery shopping, the normal stuff. Might look for new jobs, but we'll see... and I still need to buy a new bike.*

*Edit: Speaking of which, anyone have suggestions on what to look for in a bike? I'm lost; most of mine have been hand-me-downs, so I really don't know what I should be looking for.

Edited, Sep 16th 2011 11:35am by LockeColeMA
____________________________
Retired News Writer for the ZAM Network
WoW - Aureliano the Insane - level 90 Druid on Sen'Jin
Nanaoki - level 90 Mage on Sen'Jin
#6 Sep 16 2011 at 9:48 AM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
This weekend is Vintage Illinois, a wine festival downstate. So we're going to do that for a while and come back laden with the best fermented grape alcohol the Prairie State has to offer. There's really one main goal: Hallowwine, a spiced wine available once a year that Flea adores.

Speaking of local agriculture, it's paw paw season.

Need to finish busting down an old play structure in the back yard. I had it started before but circumstances kept me from finishing. It's supposed to be nice and cool out this weekend so it'll be good outdoor labor weather.

Computer time will be largely spent playing Dragon Age (I inspired Locke!).
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#7 Sep 16 2011 at 9:51 AM Rating: Excellent
Annoying Ass
ZAM Administrator
Avatar
*****
11,921 posts
Jophiel wrote:
Computer time will be largely spent playing Dragon Age (I inspired Locke!).

Smiley: glare
So true, haha. I was trying to figure out a new game though. Minecraft lost its glamour with the 1.8 update, I don't feel like playing the console games I have yet to beat, and I'm burned out on WoW and Rift for now. So I was thinking of a new PC game... Portal 2 is still a bit pricey for my tastes, so I was leaning toward Dragon Age 2 when I ran into your topic. Got to thinking "Huh, I never played the expansion, nor the DLC." The rest is history Smiley: grin
____________________________
Retired News Writer for the ZAM Network
WoW - Aureliano the Insane - level 90 Druid on Sen'Jin
Nanaoki - level 90 Mage on Sen'Jin
#8 Sep 16 2011 at 9:57 AM Rating: Good
Soulless Internet Tiger
******
34,669 posts
Eske Esquire wrote:
Elinda wrote:
idiggory, King of Bards wrote:
I have a GRE practice test on Sunday, and lunch with my sister tomorrow. Other than that, it's just schoolwork.

Good luck with the GRE's. The most stand-out thing I remember from when I took them was the timing. Despite having also did practice tests, I kept pushing up against the clock when taking the real test.


I remember it being weird. It's a test that tests your ability to take tests, as they say, but I'm not sure. More like it tests your ability to take a very specific type of test. I'm a bit skeptical of its relevance to anything.

I scored just marginally above average on it, IIRC. Thankfully, architecture schools didn't give two shits about the GRE.
My understanding is that most places don't really give a sh*t about it, other than it somehow became a measuring stick, so let's just stick with it for now to help filter.
____________________________
Donate. One day it could be your family.
Need a hotel at a great rate? More hotels being added weekly.

An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come. Victor Hugo

#9 Sep 16 2011 at 10:00 AM Rating: Good
Caffeine Queen
*****
14,446 posts
I was planning on dropping my kids off at the grandparents today but my car decided to PMS. Instead Im off to the dealership ti sit in a hard chair for several hours while they replace a sensor. Smiley: disappointed
Tomorrow we're going out to look at Ruku or google tv. Sick got a sweet bonus he's earned by working till the wee hours of the morning each day and he deserves a gift. Then off to look for matresses for the boys as we work to rearrange their rooms. Their new bedframes should be coming in next week. Smiley: grin
____________________________
Uglysasquatch wrote:
DSD kicked Alma in the ass on another thread over the weekend. Clearly, she kicked too hard as he's obviously still feeling it.

Suburban Rebel Mom Blog
#10 Sep 16 2011 at 10:23 AM Rating: Good
Official Shrubbery Waterer
*****
14,021 posts
Cousin's wedding on Saturday, so most of my weekend will be spent in two ways:

1. Driving back and forth to/from Michigan

2. Drunkenly hitting on bridesmaids.
____________________________
Almalieque wrote:
I'm biased against statistics

#11 Sep 16 2011 at 11:19 AM Rating: Decent
Prodigal Son
*****
19,831 posts
My Friday thread isn't good enough? :(
____________________________
publiusvarus wrote:
we all know liberals are well adjusted american citizens who only want what's best for society. While conservatives are evil money grubbing scum who only want to sh*t on the little man and rob the world of its resources.
#12 Sep 16 2011 at 11:38 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
*****
11,869 posts
Hmm, now I kind of want to try a soursop.
____________________________
"Observe what happens when you force a man to change"
Just as Planned.
#13 Sep 16 2011 at 11:41 AM Rating: Good
*****
10,776 posts
Watching Thor tonight.
Charmaine's got a photoshoot tomorrow.
Watching Thor Saturday night.
Watching Thor Sunday night.

I like Thor.
#14 Sep 16 2011 at 12:11 PM Rating: Decent
Prodigal Son
*****
19,831 posts
You just like his hammer, dontcha? Gets bigger when you rub it, 'strue.

"My hammer has a huge hard handle..."
____________________________
publiusvarus wrote:
we all know liberals are well adjusted american citizens who only want what's best for society. While conservatives are evil money grubbing scum who only want to sh*t on the little man and rob the world of its resources.
#15 Sep 16 2011 at 12:43 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
******
29,805 posts
DSD wrote:
Tomorrow we're going out to look at Ruku or google tv. Smiley: grin


There are a few Google TV units out there. Logitechs had some horrible software glitches at launch, but they have been reportedly patched now. The damage was already done though, so they are selling their google tv units online for $99 (which is far less than the $350 they were going for at launch). I plan on grabbing one myself after I get a few other things taken care of first. http://www.logitech.com/en-us/smartTV/revue


As far as my friday, it's my every other friday day off today, so i'm just hanging out doing fun stuff. My rebuilt main computer has been up and stable for a week now, so i'll probably rebuild the secondary PC that started the whole mess today now that I can safely use the drives from the primary. I suppose worst case scenario I could have always pulled the media PC from downstairs and moved it up here until I got one of them rebuilt.

Other than that, I might go to the hobby store and pick up a replacement linkage for my MCP-x and take it out for a flight or two.
____________________________
Arch Duke Kaolian Drachensborn, lvl 95 Ranger, Unrest Server
Tech support forum | FAQ (Support) | Mobile Zam: http://m.zam.com (Premium only)
Forum Rules
#16 Sep 16 2011 at 12:50 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
*****
19,516 posts
Realistically, the GRE is just used to help weed out applicants nowadays. Schools get way too many applications to look at them all, so they take the scores and GPAs and set a number of applications they are willing to look at. Those with sufficient numbers in those areas get their letters, writing sample and personal statement read. That's really what matters--having a 4.0 isn't going to work in your favor over someone with a 3.6, as long as both your applications get looked at.
____________________________
IDrownFish wrote:
Anyways, you all are horrible, @#%^ed up people

lolgaxe wrote:
Never underestimate the healing power of a massive dong.
#17 Sep 16 2011 at 2:04 PM Rating: Excellent
Gurue
*****
16,277 posts
Been running errands and packing everything in the house. We're moving tomorrow. Not sure if I mentioned this before. My husband is working as a property manager now, so we're moving to that complex. It's a much nicer place than we have now and the rent will be cheaper and we'll be saving $3-400 a month in gas, so it's a win-win all the way around. Noah was a bit bummed out at first (kids never want to leave their friends and school behind, I can't blame him), but he's excited now since we told him he could have the Xbox in his room Smiley: laugh.

Also, we're able to have pets at this place, so I got a new kitten yesterday, yay!
#18 Sep 16 2011 at 2:14 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
*****
19,516 posts
Nadenu wrote:
Been running errands and packing everything in the house. We're moving tomorrow. Not sure if I mentioned this before. My husband is working as a property manager now, so we're moving to that complex. It's a much nicer place than we have now and the rent will be cheaper and we'll be saving $3-400 a month in gas, so it's a win-win all the way around. Noah was a bit bummed out at first (kids never want to leave their friends and school behind, I can't blame him), but he's excited now since we told him he could have the Xbox in his room Smiley: laugh.

Also, we're able to have pets at this place, so I got a new kitten yesterday, yay!


Ugh, it's clear that it's friday. I originally read "$3-400" as "three dollars to four hundred dollars," then was confused how your monthly gas prices could possibly fluctuate that much.

And, while moving can suck, this really does seem like you are getting a great deal here.
____________________________
IDrownFish wrote:
Anyways, you all are horrible, @#%^ed up people

lolgaxe wrote:
Never underestimate the healing power of a massive dong.
#19 Sep 16 2011 at 3:06 PM Rating: Excellent
******
43,139 posts
I love my job, but I hate how it sometimes surprises me with additional duties. Today I had the "honor" of assisting on the physical training test for the new recruits. A minute of push ups, a minute of sit ups, and a mile run. Which, is easy as hell, even when it was four times throughout the day, but damn it give me a day or two warning.

Though, it is an ego boost when a thirty year old can out perform a self proclaimed teenage football all star.

"How many push ups was that, old man?"
"Zero. Do them right next time."
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 35 All times are in CDT
Aethien, ElneClare, Technogeek, Anonymous Guests (32)