Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

Man arrested at 9/11 memorial for speaking out. Follow

#77 Sep 14 2011 at 7:35 PM Rating: Good
****
6,471 posts
Driftwood wrote:
Quote:
There are posters that think the guy deserved to be locked up just because he was a kooky truther.


For clarification, I don't think he should be locked up, I feel that he should have been simply removed from the area of the memorial. The arrest was bullsh*t, but his removal from the area is fine by me.


Nor do I think that, in case he was referring to me. I'm fine with them catch & releasing the guy.
#78 Sep 14 2011 at 7:35 PM Rating: Good
Encyclopedia
******
35,010 posts
ShadowedgeFFXI wrote:
I'm just curious, would you listen if 9/11 could be proved scientifically that it was an inside job?


It's not a question of listening. It's a question of being forced to listen again and again and again after you've already listened, researched, learned, and studied everything about the subject you care to learn and have already come to a conclusion. And it really doesn't matter what the conclusion is either. If someone was shouting that the sun revolves around the earth and not the other way around, at the top of his lungs, while I'm trying to attend an event unrelated to said topic, the question of whether I agree with what the person is saying is really irrelevant. It's the fact that he's shouting it over and over and disrupting what I'm at the event for is all that matters.

[quote]This guy is asking for the truth to be heard out of respect for the fallen and that church is attacking fallen soldiers and calling them ****************

That's not what he was doing though. He wasn't "asking" anything. He was forcing everyone within earshot to hear what he wanted to say whether they wanted or needed to hear it or not. He could have passed out pamphlets and no one would have bothered him. It was about his disturbing other people. That's it.
____________________________
King Nobby wrote:
More words please
#79 Sep 14 2011 at 7:37 PM Rating: Good
GBATE!! Never saw it coming
Avatar
****
9,367 posts
ShadowedgeFFXI wrote:
would of x too many times to count


Stop doing that. It's "would have"; I hate to be a grammar ****, but, goddam that is annoying. LERN2ENGLISH


Edited, Sep 14th 2011 7:38pm by Bijou
____________________________
Jophiel wrote:
Last week, I saw a guy with an eyepatch and a gold monocle and pointed him out to Flea as one of the most awesome things I've seen, ever. If I had an eyepatch and a gold monocle, I'd always dress up as Mr. Peanut but with a hook hand and a parrot.
#80 Sep 14 2011 at 7:39 PM Rating: Excellent
******
49,907 posts
ShadowedgeFFXI wrote:
I'm offended that you throw this guy into the same group as Westboro church.
Why would you be offended by anything involving the Westboro Church? They exercise their freedom of speech and their freedom of religion.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#81 Sep 14 2011 at 7:40 PM Rating: Excellent
Gurue
*****
16,299 posts
Friar Bijou wrote:
ShadowedgeFFXI wrote:
would of x too many times to count


Stop doing that. It's "would have"; I hate to be a grammar ****, but, goddam that is annoying. LERN2ENGLISH


Edited, Sep 14th 2011 7:38pm by Bijou

This.

It's "would've" or "would have".
#82 Sep 14 2011 at 7:41 PM Rating: Excellent
GBATE!! Never saw it coming
Avatar
****
9,367 posts
ALSO: In this case gbaji is rrrr....gbaji is rrrrrruuuurrr....gbaji is right.





ALSO: ALSO: Did the BLOO BLOO guy get banned? I don't see any of its' posts.









____________________________
Jophiel wrote:
Last week, I saw a guy with an eyepatch and a gold monocle and pointed him out to Flea as one of the most awesome things I've seen, ever. If I had an eyepatch and a gold monocle, I'd always dress up as Mr. Peanut but with a hook hand and a parrot.
#84 Sep 14 2011 at 7:43 PM Rating: Good
GBATE!! Never saw it coming
Avatar
****
9,367 posts
Snoopy knows grammar, yo!! Smiley: nod
____________________________
Jophiel wrote:
Last week, I saw a guy with an eyepatch and a gold monocle and pointed him out to Flea as one of the most awesome things I've seen, ever. If I had an eyepatch and a gold monocle, I'd always dress up as Mr. Peanut but with a hook hand and a parrot.
#85 Sep 14 2011 at 7:44 PM Rating: Decent
GBATE!! Never saw it coming
Avatar
****
9,367 posts
KurwaCzytam wrote:
He can spell it however he wants, you twats. Grammar is totally arbitrary and useless. This is just part of his unique personal identity, stop being so fascist.


That's not a matter of spelling, douchenozzle, it's a matter of usage.Smiley: mad
____________________________
Jophiel wrote:
Last week, I saw a guy with an eyepatch and a gold monocle and pointed him out to Flea as one of the most awesome things I've seen, ever. If I had an eyepatch and a gold monocle, I'd always dress up as Mr. Peanut but with a hook hand and a parrot.
#87 Sep 14 2011 at 7:51 PM Rating: Excellent
Encyclopedia
******
35,010 posts
Sigh... Stupid double post.

Edited, Sep 14th 2011 6:52pm by gbaji
____________________________
King Nobby wrote:
More words please
#88 Sep 14 2011 at 8:00 PM Rating: Excellent
****
6,471 posts
gbaji wrote:
Sigh... Stupid double post.

Edited, Sep 14th 2011 6:52pm by gbaji


Smiley: confused

Did gbaji just out himself as the sock?
#89 Sep 14 2011 at 8:00 PM Rating: Good
Encyclopedia
******
35,010 posts
ShadowedgeFFXI wrote:
I suppose I lost all respect for the event once it was announced that the first responders like the police/firefighters were denied to be able to speak. Now it could be that a lot of those responders "believe" it was an inside job and that's why they were locked out, but that's just a conspiracy theory, right?


Or it might have had to do with the fact that there aren't enough hours in the day to allow every single person who was there that day to speak.

Quote:
As for your example, there are times when MLK and other Americans used public gatherings to spew their rhetoric. Was it ok when they did it?


They never pretended that they were doing anything other than deliberately getting arrested in order to raise awareness for their cause. Remember when I said I don't have a problem with people doing this as long as they are honest about what they're doing?

You're trying to pretend that he didn't deliberately create a scene so he could get arrested, so his buddies could film it and use it to try to get others to believe in their conspiracy theories, and that you didn't post it here as the end point in that series of actions. It's pretty transparent that this is exactly what he was doing, what his buddies were doing, and finally what you are doing.

Why be coy about it then? Why pretend that your only interest in this is one of protection of the right to free speech? If you want a debate about the truther theories, why not just freaking start one? It would be honest at least.

Quote:
But that's just it, those groups I mentioned aren't arrested for their controversial opinion because of the protection of freedom of speech. That's my point chief.


Um... They were. But not because of their expression of speech. MLK was not arrested for giving a speech at a venue dedicated to giving such speeches. He was arrested several times for various protests and marches though. You do see the difference, right? If you show up at someone else's event and start drowning out that event with your speech, you are going to be arrested. This is nothing new.
____________________________
King Nobby wrote:
More words please
#90 Sep 14 2011 at 8:01 PM Rating: Default
Avatar
****
4,775 posts
gbaji wrote:

That's not what he was doing though. He wasn't "asking" anything. He was forcing everyone within earshot to hear what he wanted to say whether they wanted or needed to hear it or not. He could have passed out pamphlets and no one would have bothered him. It was about his disturbing other people. That's it.


He was handing out pamphlets though. I'm not sure exactly, were you the person who couldn't watch the video yet? If so, check out the second one with the audio.

It doesn't really matter though. Our forefathers fought for freedom of speech and some of you guys want to find loopholes to prevent it. That's all I see here and it makes me quite sick to my stomach. If the guy was ranting on about something I disliked, I'd ignore him like so many others were doing in the video. That's how freedom works my friend. Would you prefer fascism?
#91 Sep 14 2011 at 8:03 PM Rating: Decent
Encyclopedia
******
35,010 posts
Eske Esquire wrote:
gbaji wrote:
Sigh... Stupid double post.

Edited, Sep 14th 2011 6:52pm by gbaji


Smiley: confused

Did gbaji just out himself as the sock?


Uh... No. It technically wasn't a double post either. My browser crashed while I was clicking the "post" button. When I restarted it, I was back at a blank post screen. I responded a second time to the same post. Then after posting it, realized that the original response I'd given was already there (and several posts old by that point). I figured I'd look more neurotic than usual if I left basically two different responses to the same post (but saying basically the same thing), so I edited it out.
____________________________
King Nobby wrote:
More words please
#92 Sep 14 2011 at 8:05 PM Rating: Decent
Encyclopedia
******
35,010 posts
ShadowedgeFFXI wrote:
gbaji wrote:

That's not what he was doing though. He wasn't "asking" anything. He was forcing everyone within earshot to hear what he wanted to say whether they wanted or needed to hear it or not. He could have passed out pamphlets and no one would have bothered him. It was about his disturbing other people. That's it.


He was handing out pamphlets though. I'm not sure exactly, were you the person who couldn't watch the video yet? If so, check out the second one with the audio.


He wasn't arrested for handing out the pamphlets though, was he? You're correct. I can't hear the audio. But I could see him holding a stack of papers and shouting and pointing at people, so I imagine he wasn't just politely holding the pamphlets out for people to take. Was I wrong?

Edited, Sep 14th 2011 7:05pm by gbaji
____________________________
King Nobby wrote:
More words please
#94 Sep 14 2011 at 8:10 PM Rating: Good
******
49,907 posts
ShadowedgeFFXI wrote:
Our forefathers fought for freedom of speech and some of you guys want to find loopholes to prevent it.
I'm glad you believe freedom of speech is more important than everyone's freedom of assembly. Unless you want to retract your previous claim that he wasn't there causing a disturbance to get attention.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#95 Sep 14 2011 at 8:18 PM Rating: Default
Avatar
****
4,775 posts
gbaji wrote:

They never pretended that they were doing anything other than deliberately getting arrested in order to raise awareness for their cause. Remember when I said I don't have a problem with people doing this as long as they are honest about what they're doing?

You're trying to pretend that he didn't deliberately create a scene so he could get arrested, so his buddies could film it and use it to try to get others to believe in their conspiracy theories, and that you didn't post it here as the end point in that series of actions. It's pretty transparent that this is exactly what he was doing, what his buddies were doing, and finally what you are doing.

Why be coy about it then? Why pretend that your only interest in this is one of protection of the right to free speech? If you want a debate about the truther theories, why not just freaking start one? It would be honest at least.


For the last time, I have no motive to talk about the truther debate here at this time. The reason for this is crystal clear. I don't have all my evidence lined up to present it for a formal discussion. I despise conspiracy theories, I only back theories that can be proven so will you please stop with the accusations. Now you might be right about this guy in the video. It could of been done for publicity, I don't know because it's not me. I've been 100% honest in my responses to you so I ask that you accept that. I can only speak for myself bud.

I like to add that my main reasoning for not buying the official 9/11 story is my distrust of the government. I began my military training in the RIP(Rangers) program after Airborne school in Fort Benning, GA. Later on as I picked up my security clearance, I was offered a shot with the Special Forces(Rambo guys aka Green beret) in which I was exposed to real world missions that replicate situations similar to the attack of 9/11. I'm talking about false flag attacks if you're familiar with that term. I'm sure you heard about Seal team 6 being blown up right after they supposedly killed Bin laden a few weeks prior. Coincidence, eh?

Quote:

Um... They were. But not because of their expression of speech. MLK was not arrested for giving a speech at a venue dedicated to giving such speeches. He was arrested several times for various protests and marches though. You do see the difference, right? If you show up at someone else's event and start drowning out that event with your speech, you are going to be arrested. This is nothing new.


MLK was arrested at these protests and marches because his opinions weren't in line with the status quo. I understand your point, but you need to understand mine.


Quote:
I'm glad you believe freedom of speech is more important than everyone's freedom of assembly. Unless you want to retract your previous claim that he wasn't there causing a disturbance to get attention.


No offense, but you're just looking to mess around with me. I'll research a response and you'll just respond with one sentence putting zero thought into a reply and offering nothing more than a soundbite. I don't know if this guy was there to cause a disturbance or not, I'm not him so I'll never know for certain. Regardless, he shouldn't of been arrested and that's my point.


Edited, Sep 14th 2011 9:24pm by ShadowedgeFFXI
#96 Sep 14 2011 at 8:32 PM Rating: Good
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
ShadowedgeFFXI wrote:
I'm curious who this expert was at debunking the 9/11 truther accounts.

You're getting it wrong. It's not our job to "debunk" the accounts, it's the Truther's job to convince us that their theories are the most accurate.

So far, they've all failed miserably due to flaws that even non-experts see as glaringly obvious.

Edited, Sep 14th 2011 9:32pm by Jophiel
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#97 Sep 14 2011 at 8:37 PM Rating: Excellent
******
49,907 posts
ShadowedgeFFXI wrote:
I don't know if this guy was there to cause a disturbance or not, I'm not him so I'll never know for certain. Regardless, he shouldn't of been arrested and that's my point.
The point is this guy was (incorrectly, mind you) holding his own freedoms above everyone else's freedoms, and that's why he was arrested. That is **** disgusting.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#98 Sep 14 2011 at 8:38 PM Rating: Excellent
Meat Popsicle
*****
13,440 posts
ShadowedgeFFXI wrote:
I don't know if this guy was there to cause a disturbance or not, I'm not him so I'll never know for certain. Regardless, he shouldn't of been arrested and that's my point.


Smiley: facepalm

I don't know either honestly. But seriously, you'd think this would be something you'd research before making the post then defending the guy all day. Smiley: rolleyes
____________________________
That monster in the mirror, he just might be you. -Grover
#99 Sep 14 2011 at 8:40 PM Rating: Excellent
Encyclopedia
******
35,010 posts
ShadowedgeFFXI wrote:
For the last time, I have no motive to talk about the truther debate here at this time.

...

I despise conspiracy theories, I only back theories that can be proven so will you please stop with the accusations.

...

I like to add that my main reasoning for not buying the official 9/11 story is my distrust of the government.

...

I'm sure you heard about Seal team 6 being blown up right after they supposedly killed Bin laden a few weeks prior. Coincidence, eh?


This is like pure genius!
____________________________
King Nobby wrote:
More words please
#100 Sep 14 2011 at 8:42 PM Rating: Excellent
Encyclopedia
******
35,010 posts
Jophiel wrote:
ShadowedgeFFXI wrote:
I'm curious who this expert was at debunking the 9/11 truther accounts.

You're getting it wrong. It's not our job to "debunk" the accounts, it's the Truther's job to convince us that their theories are the most accurate.

So far, they've all failed miserably due to flaws that even non-experts see as glaringly obvious.


What!? But you could clearly see the flashes of light in the windows as the building was collapsing! And we all know that you collapse a building by detonating explosions inside it after it's already started to collapse. What's wrong with you? You're just a hater of the TRUTH!!! Smiley: bah

Edited, Sep 14th 2011 7:42pm by gbaji
____________________________
King Nobby wrote:
More words please
#101 Sep 14 2011 at 8:43 PM Rating: Good
******
49,907 posts
The two planes seen by thousands of people live at the scene were just weather balloons.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 67 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (67)