Forum Settings
       
« Previous 1 2 3 4 5
Reply To Thread

Boehner says "FUBO"Follow

#1 Aug 31 2011 at 2:53 PM Rating: Good
We Does Not Hugglez
*****
10,246 posts
Who knew he had a hairy pair o' testes?

Boehner says no thank you to the President.

I think he should have done it sooner, and more forcefully. How about the rest of you?
____________________________
I had a very witty signature once, but apparently it offended the sensibilities of some of the frailer constitutions that frequent this particular internet message board.

[The rest of this message has been censored and I can't tell you what I actually think of you]
#2 Aug 31 2011 at 2:55 PM Rating: Good
******
49,884 posts
Well, he wrote a letter. Still more than I'd expect.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#3 Aug 31 2011 at 2:58 PM Rating: Good
Encyclopedia
******
35,008 posts
Yeah. I was expecting something like that. Pretty dickish move by the President scheduling it on that particular evening in the first place. I half expected Boehner to just tell him to have fun, but we wont be there, but I suppose this is a bit better in terms of face-saving.
____________________________
King Nobby wrote:
More words please
#4 Aug 31 2011 at 3:02 PM Rating: Good
"Hey, can we reschedule this" is a major issue?
____________________________
Edited, Mar 21st 2011 2:14pm by Darqflame Lock Thread: Because Lubriderm is silly... ~ de geso

Almalieque wrote:
I know what a glory hole is, but I wasn't sure what the business part was in reference to.

My Anime List
#5 Aug 31 2011 at 3:04 PM Rating: Decent
Encyclopedia
******
35,008 posts
Admiral Lubriderm wrote:
"Hey, can we reschedule this" is a major issue?


Did you miss the part where the President scheduled his big address to be on the same night as the GOP presidential debate? And yeah, it is kind of a big deal for Congress to tell the president to show up on a different day than he asked for.
____________________________
King Nobby wrote:
More words please
#6 Aug 31 2011 at 3:07 PM Rating: Excellent
Official Shrubbery Waterer
*****
14,579 posts
Moving the address to Thursday night would interfere with the NFL Opening Game (which, by the way, is between the last two Super Bowl champs).

F'uck the debate.
____________________________
Jophiel wrote:
I managed to be both retarded and entertaining.

#7 Aug 31 2011 at 3:18 PM Rating: Excellent
Gurue
*****
16,299 posts
Demea wrote:
Moving the address to Thursday night would interfere with the NFL Opening Game (which, by the way, is between the last two Super Bowl champs).

F'uck the debate.

This.
#8 Aug 31 2011 at 4:37 PM Rating: Decent
Prodigal Son
******
20,518 posts
What I'm still unsure of; is his name supposed to be pronounced "*****" or "bayner"?
____________________________
publiusvarus wrote:
we all know liberals are well adjusted american citizens who only want what's best for society. While conservatives are evil money grubbing scum who only want to sh*t on the little man and rob the world of its resources.
#9 Aug 31 2011 at 5:46 PM Rating: Good
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
I love Boehner's excuse that jobs are so important to the GOP that they won't have enough time after their month long vacation to get Congress ready for Obama's jobs speech Smiley: laugh
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#10ThiefX, Posted: Aug 31 2011 at 7:00 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) And I love that fact so many of you dumb-asses think for a job to be created all Barry has to do is give a speech about jobs and POOF jobs are created.
#11 Aug 31 2011 at 7:19 PM Rating: Good
Drunken English Bastard
*****
15,268 posts
ThiefX wrote:
Quote:
I love Boehner's excuse that jobs are so important to the GOP that they won't have enough time after their month long vacation to get Congress ready for Obama's jobs speech Smiley: laugh


And I love that fact so many of you dumb-asses think for a job to be created all Barry has to do is give a speech about jobs and POOF jobs are created.

I love how so many morons like you think the opposite is true.

You know, when jobs don't POOF out of thin air it's all down to one person.

Edited, Aug 31st 2011 9:20pm by Nilatai
____________________________
My Movember page
Solrain wrote:
WARs can use semi-colons however we want. I once killed a guy with a semi-colon.

LordFaramir wrote:
ODESNT MATTER CAUSE I HAVE ALCHOLOL IN MY VEINGS BETCH ;3
#12 Aug 31 2011 at 7:28 PM Rating: Good
Encyclopedia
******
35,008 posts
Jophiel wrote:
I love Boehner's excuse that jobs are so important to the GOP that they won't have enough time after their month long vacation to get Congress ready for Obama's jobs speech Smiley: laugh


And? He's providing Obama a face saving way to change the date. The alternative would have been "You're a partisan A-hole for deliberately scheduling this to conflict with my own party's pre-existing political event, and if you don't change it, you'll be talking to a half empty room you twit". But that might just have pushed Obama against a wall, don't you think?
____________________________
King Nobby wrote:
More words please
#13 Aug 31 2011 at 7:30 PM Rating: Excellent
******
49,884 posts
ThiefX wrote:
And I love that fact so many of you dumb-asses think for a job to be created all Barry has to do is give a speech about jobs and POOF jobs are created.
How does it feel to be a watered down version of an already generic pseudo personality that is varus?
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#14 Aug 31 2011 at 7:33 PM Rating: Good
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
Talking to a half-empty room would be a great way to illustrate where the GOP priorities are: crying at a debate about mean ole Obama and trying to out-far Right one another.

I say we go for it!

Although the "and?" was merely to laugh at Boehner's excuse that revolves around "Gee, we're just getting back from our 30 day vacation then... We'll be far too busy starting up at 6:30pm to talk about jobs!"
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#15 Aug 31 2011 at 7:45 PM Rating: Good
Encyclopedia
******
35,008 posts
Jophiel wrote:
Talking to a half-empty room would be a great way to illustrate where the GOP priorities are: crying at a debate about mean ole Obama and trying to out-far Right one another.

I say we go for it!


Ah... Good to see you're all about compromise and trying to reach across the aisle! Smiley: oyvey

Quote:
Although the "and?" was merely to laugh at Boehner's excuse that revolves around "Gee, we're just getting back from our 30 day vacation then... We'll be far too busy starting up at 6:30pm to talk about jobs!"


An excuse he created for Obama's benefit. We all know the real reasons Boehner's asking the president to change the date, right? So we can say that Obama is being crudely partisan and Boehner is acting like a statesman and rising above it. And you're criticizing Boehner?
____________________________
King Nobby wrote:
More words please
#16 Aug 31 2011 at 8:29 PM Rating: Good
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
Haha... Even better to see that a single comment gets your panties all twisted about me not being "compromising" enough. Shouldn't you be engaged in some screed about how no one should compromise or how allowing the other guys to breath is really a compromise or something? Smiley: laugh

Anyway, the White House graciously accepted the Thursday date after Boehner threw his "statesman" ***** fit that he was too tired from his 30 day vacation to talk about jobs.
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#17 Aug 31 2011 at 8:38 PM Rating: Good
Drunken English Bastard
*****
15,268 posts
Kind of funny, a Republican whining about people not being willing to compromise. Isn't it kind of their fault you guys got dowgraded from AAA? You know, by not being willing to compromise, at all.
____________________________
My Movember page
Solrain wrote:
WARs can use semi-colons however we want. I once killed a guy with a semi-colon.

LordFaramir wrote:
ODESNT MATTER CAUSE I HAVE ALCHOLOL IN MY VEINGS BETCH ;3
#18 Aug 31 2011 at 9:02 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
But... but... they allowed the debt ceiling to be raised at all so it was a HUGE compromise!!!
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#19 Aug 31 2011 at 9:17 PM Rating: Default
**
739 posts
Quote:
I love Boehner's excuse that jobs are so important to the GOP that they won't have enough time after their month long vacation to get Congress ready for Obama's jobs speech Smiley: laugh


You keep talking about those lazy Republicans and their month long vacation, wasn't the other side of the aisle on the same month long vacation?

Didn't Barry just get back from Martha Vineyard? Oh that's right he is gonna say the word "job" on Thursday so that means he cares more...........

Quote:
Kind of funny, a Republican whining about people not being willing to compromise. Isn't it kind of their fault you guys got dowgraded from AAA? You know, by not being willing to compromise, at all.


No the downgrade was a result of decades of failed liberal policies that have raise an entire generation of people who think it's the government's job to take care of them and somebody else pay for it.

Understand now or do you want me to use smaller words?
#20 Aug 31 2011 at 10:11 PM Rating: Decent
Prodigal Son
******
20,518 posts
Nobody's answered my question yet.
____________________________
publiusvarus wrote:
we all know liberals are well adjusted american citizens who only want what's best for society. While conservatives are evil money grubbing scum who only want to sh*t on the little man and rob the world of its resources.
#21 Aug 31 2011 at 10:17 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
ThiefX wrote:
You keep talking about those lazy Republicans and their month long vacation, wasn't the other side of the aisle on the same month long vacation?

I see you never took remedial civics. If you had, you'd know that the Congressional adjournment schedule is handled by the Speaker's office. But since you obviously never bothered to learn these minor details, I guess we can forgive you for just babbling randomly.

Quote:
Barry just get back from Martha Vineyard?

You mean the week long vacation Republicans cried and moaned about while on their 30 day break? Of course, as everyone was constantly reminded before, there's no real vacations for the president since he's constantly being briefed, etc.

The GOP Congresscritters, on the other hand, were too scared (or maybe just too tired?) to even hold the traditional town halls.

But, yeah... Got me there!
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#22 Aug 31 2011 at 10:49 PM Rating: Default
**
739 posts
Quote:
I see you never took remedial civics. If you had, you'd know that the Congressional adjournment schedule is handled by the Speaker's office. But since you obviously never bothered to learn these minor details, I guess we can forgive you for just babbling randomly.


So you're saying Democrats didn't want to take a vacation the mean Republicans made them? Seriously Joph?
#23 Aug 31 2011 at 11:25 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
****
7,547 posts
Cant he jut get biden to do it, at the same time as the debate. Oh wait can't just do it anyway. Football > debate. Reschedule the debate. Obama got Osama. He's golden.
____________________________
HEY GOOGLE. **** OFF YOU. **** YOUR ******** SEARCH ENGINE IN ITS ******* ****** BINARY ***. ALL DAY LONG.

#24 Aug 31 2011 at 11:37 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
ThiefX wrote:
So you're saying Democrats didn't want to take a vacation the mean Republicans made them? Seriously Joph?

I'm saying it wasn't in their power to decide one way or the other.

Did you want to maybe get a short primer on how Congress works and then come back to the conversation or where you set on making yourself look stupid?
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#25 Sep 01 2011 at 12:31 AM Rating: Excellent
We Does Not Hugglez
*****
10,246 posts
One of the best comments I read today was that BO should thank Boehner and scrap it altogether, since every time the President speaks the economy goes a little further in the sh:tter.
____________________________
I had a very witty signature once, but apparently it offended the sensibilities of some of the frailer constitutions that frequent this particular internet message board.

[The rest of this message has been censored and I can't tell you what I actually think of you]
#26 Sep 01 2011 at 2:00 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
******
29,393 posts
MoebiusLord wrote:
Who knew he had a hairy pair o' testes?

Boehner says no thank you to the President.

I think he should have done it sooner, and more forcefully. How about the rest of you?


I kinda agree with a comment I read on a related thread over there. At least part of it.

To win this round, Speaker Boehner only had to say "Mr. President, job creation is the most critical issue facing our nation, and we cannot wait another day. We invite you to address a Joint Session of Congress on Sept. 6, 2011."
Perhaps he could have even added in a note about pre-existing commitments if he wanted in order to score points with the base for rebuking the president while scoring points overall for making jobs a high priority.
« Previous 1 2 3 4 5
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 59 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (59)