Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

Not Obstructionist At All!Follow

#27 Aug 10 2011 at 12:11 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
Guenny wrote:
It would certainly cut down on the fetal/infant mortality rate, I'm sure. Also, the poor people would die first for sure

Poor people are always pregnant* so there would be a 1:1 ratio of poor people deaths:fetus mortality.


*Yes, even poor males...
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#28 Aug 10 2011 at 12:48 PM Rating: Good
Sage
****
4,042 posts
Win/win/win. Liberals at least won't be the ones killing babies, the conservatives can finally hold that badge of honor.
#29varusword75, Posted: Aug 10 2011 at 1:38 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Guenny,
#30 Aug 10 2011 at 1:42 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
varusword75 wrote:
Try writing something worth reading and I'll consider it. Let me know when you think you've come up with something.

But if you don't read, how will you know??

I FOUND THE FLAW IN YOUR PLAN, GOOD SIR!
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#31 Aug 10 2011 at 1:56 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
*****
13,007 posts
This guy. This guy right here. I'd vote for him. **** the false left/right dichotomy.

#32 Aug 10 2011 at 1:59 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
TL;DW
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#33 Aug 10 2011 at 2:00 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
*****
13,007 posts
Jophiel wrote:
TL;DW
Your loss, you lefty shill, you.
#34varusword75, Posted: Aug 10 2011 at 2:05 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Jophed,
#35 Aug 10 2011 at 2:07 PM Rating: Excellent
Annoying Ass
ZAM Administrator
Avatar
*****
12,049 posts
AshOnMyTomatoes wrote:
This guy. This guy right here. I'd vote for him. @#%^ the false left/right dichotomy.

That clip was too painful to watch. Each person they brought in tried to interrupt and one-up each other. I don't watch talking head panels for this exact reason. Let me know if there was anything important said after about the 4 minute mark.
____________________________
Retired News Writer for the ZAM Network
WoW - Aureliano the Insane - level 90 Druid on Sen'Jin
Nanaoki - level 90 Mage on Sen'Jin
#36 Aug 10 2011 at 2:09 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
*****
13,007 posts
LockeColeMA wrote:
AshOnMyTomatoes wrote:
This guy. This guy right here. I'd vote for him. @#%^ the false left/right dichotomy.

That clip was too painful to watch. Each person they brought in tried to interrupt and one-up each other. I don't watch talking head panels for this exact reason. Let me know if there was anything important said after about the 4 minute mark.

What's important is that each of the panelist talking heads shouted at each other for about 30 seconds, then Ratigan blasted back in and directly challenged the President and Congress to acknowledge that our government is bought, and our bank system is not on our side.
#37 Aug 10 2011 at 4:23 PM Rating: Default
Encyclopedia
******
34,982 posts
I don't think that obstructing a harmful agenda is a bad idea. The whole argument you're making in this thread is about word games. OMG! Being "obstructionist" is bad, right? Well... that sorta depends, doesn't it? I'd have used the word "prevent" instead, but then it's unclear from the quoted bits whether the GOP representative actually used that word, or if someone else said them.

In any case, you've got to really think your own position is weak if this is your current talking point.
____________________________
King Nobby wrote:
More words please
#38 Aug 10 2011 at 4:29 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
*****
13,007 posts
I agree with gbaji.
#39 Aug 10 2011 at 4:29 PM Rating: Excellent
Drunken English Bastard
*****
15,268 posts
Didn't you Republicans essentially cause the US to be downgraded by delaying the measures that the Democrats were seeking to put in place, which would have satisfied the conditions set by S&P?
____________________________
My Movember page
Solrain wrote:
WARs can use semi-colons however we want. I once killed a guy with a semi-colon.

LordFaramir wrote:
ODESNT MATTER CAUSE I HAVE ALCHOLOL IN MY VEINGS BETCH ;3
#40 Aug 10 2011 at 4:30 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
gbaji wrote:
Being "obstructionist" is bad, right?

Using impeachment proceedings to obstruct when you don't even know what you're impeaching for is bad.

But world class job of missing the point, though.
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#41 Aug 10 2011 at 4:34 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
*****
13,007 posts
Jophiel wrote:
gbaji wrote:
Being "obstructionist" is bad, right?

Using impeachment proceedings to obstruct when you don't even know what you're impeaching for is bad.

But world class job of missing the point, though.

The point gbaji was trying to make was about semantics. While random impeachment attempts are retarded and unconstitutional, calling the Republicans "obstructionist" is pointless. It's yet another useless soundbite that brings nothing to the table.

Seems like more and more, these days, both the conservatives AND liberals of this board are falling into the trap of armchair pundit finger-pointing.
#42 Aug 10 2011 at 4:37 PM Rating: Excellent
******
49,821 posts
AshOnMyTomatoes wrote:
Seems like more and more, these days, both the conservatives AND liberals of this board are falling into the trap of armchair pundit finger-pointing.
Yeah, but one side is a lot more entertaining to egg on.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#43 Aug 10 2011 at 4:41 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
AshOnMyTomatoes wrote:
The point gbaji was trying to make was about semantics.

No, the point he was making was apologetic remarks about how it was really all okay to act like that. And then crying about a word that was actually used to martyr his poor little self.

You'll notice he never once remarked on the "random impeachment attempts" bit because he was too busy crying about the word "obstruct".
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#44 Aug 10 2011 at 4:44 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
*****
13,007 posts
lolgaxe wrote:
AshOnMyTomatoes wrote:
Seems like more and more, these days, both the conservatives AND liberals of this board are falling into the trap of armchair pundit finger-pointing.
Yeah, but one side is a lot more entertaining to egg on.

As much as I loathe hard core right-wingers, the fact remains that we're all in this together. We've fallen hook, line, and sinker for this Left vs. Right ********* when the real enemies are every one of the thieving bastards in charge of this mess. The more we are at each others' throats, the less we notice of the fleecing of the American public.

Abortion? Who gives a ****?

*** marriage? Completely unimportant.

Environmental issues? Important, but not an emergency.

Creationism in schools? God in the pledge? Michelle Obama's latest exploits? It's all a ******* ruse designed to keep us sated, fat, arguing, and stupid.

George Carlin wrote:
It's all ********* folks, and its bad for you.
#45 Aug 10 2011 at 4:48 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
*****
13,007 posts
Jophiel wrote:
AshOnMyTomatoes wrote:
The point gbaji was trying to make was about semantics.

No, the point he was making was apologetic remarks about how it was really all okay to act like that. And then crying about a word that was actually used to martyr his poor little self.

You'll notice he never once remarked on the "random impeachment attempts" bit because he was too busy crying about the word "obstruct".

It doesn't matter, Joph. The Democrats do the same sh*t. They're not quite as blatantly insane as the wingers have been lately, but they're all gaming the system. Name the last genuinely important, large-scale thing the Congress or the President have done for us, that didn't end up compromised by corporate interests? Health Care? The Iran/Afghan/Libyan wars? The bank bailouts? Tax cuts for the rich? Tax cuts for corporations? The Patriot Act? No-bid military spending?

They've dropped the ball every time it counted for the common man, because they're not working for the common man.

Edited, Aug 10th 2011 5:52pm by AshOnMyTomatoes
#46 Aug 10 2011 at 4:52 PM Rating: Decent
Encyclopedia
******
34,982 posts
Jophiel wrote:
AshOnMyTomatoes wrote:
The point gbaji was trying to make was about semantics.

No, the point he was making was apologetic remarks about how it was really all okay to act like that. And then crying about a word that was actually used to martyr his poor little self.


Nope. Ash is right. My point is about semantics. You fell all over yourself about the fact that the word "obstruct" was used, making the GOP "obstructionist". ****, it's in the **** thread title you chose to write.

You can make a valid argument against something without flying off the **** handle with the semantically loaded terminology Joph. Try it once maybe.

Quote:
You'll notice he never once remarked on the "random impeachment attempts" bit because he was too busy crying about the word "obstruct".


Yes. Which should be your first clue that my point wasn't about the impeachment statements, but about the semantics of playing on the word "obstruct" to make this not just about one guy responding to some random question from a crowd of people, but some kind of indictment of the entire GOP and their actions/agenda as a whole.


Tell you what? When someone in the GOP actually puts down legislation proposing impeachment of the president *then* we can discuss the purpose, reason, and possible ulterior motives. I'm far far more concerned with actual political actions, actual legislation being passed, and actual executive decisions being made than one representatives response to one person at one town hall meeting (or whatever it was). And no amount of you playing word games makes me put any more weight on this than that (ie: close to zero).

Edited, Aug 10th 2011 3:53pm by gbaji
____________________________
King Nobby wrote:
More words please
#47 Aug 10 2011 at 4:52 PM Rating: Excellent
******
49,821 posts
One is a party of idiots and the other is a party of morons. Said it before.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#48 Aug 10 2011 at 4:57 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
AshOnMyTomatoes wrote:
They're not quite as blatantly insane as the wingers have been lately, but they're all gaming the system.

Yes, you saw a video. Gratz.
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#49 Aug 10 2011 at 4:59 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
gbaji wrote:
Nope. Ash is right. My point is about semantics. You fell all over yourself about the fact that the word "obstruct" was used, making the GOP "obstructionist". ****, it's in the **** thread title you chose to write.

You can make a valid argument against something without flying off the **** handle with the semantically loaded terminology Joph. Try it once maybe.

You're crying this hard about a word used in the very story?

Anything to avoid admitting that this (Republican) guy is fucking retarded, I guess.
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#50 Aug 10 2011 at 4:59 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
*****
13,007 posts
Jophiel wrote:
AshOnMyTomatoes wrote:
They're not quite as blatantly insane as the wingers have been lately, but they're all gaming the system.

Yes, you saw a video. Gratz.

So you did watch it? Smiley: grin

The point stands. What's the point of continuing to argue about this, while the country falls apart around us? Why not start taking to task the actual problems?
#51 Aug 10 2011 at 5:00 PM Rating: Good
******
49,821 posts
AshOnMyTomatoes wrote:
What's the point of continuing to argue about this,
Post count.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 1 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (1)