Forum Settings
       
1 2 3 Next »
Reply To Thread

Sitrep: London looting and riotingFollow

#102 Aug 12 2011 at 11:22 AM Rating: Good
Drunken English Bastard
*****
15,263 posts
Kavekk wrote:
Nilatai wrote:
Kavekk wrote:
jtftaru wrote:
Kavekk, the stuff you are saying is so stupid you are forcing me to rate up Nilatai.

Please stop.

Thank you.


It's really not my fault that two FFXI players aren't intelligent enough to understand an exceedingly simple point.

Haha, seriously, though, I can definitely sympathise with you; that sounds like a horrible situation to be in. Tell you what, if you can point out the obvious flaw in my logic, I'll come around to your point of view and rate down Nilatai enough to offset your rate-ups.

That's my offer.

The obvious flaw in your logic is the assumption that everyone who is claiming JSA is a victim of circumstance. This isn't the case, it's never been the case.


See, here's the problem. You've either failed to read or understand my argument, because that's not part of my chain of reasoning at all. I did mention, as an aside, that I did not believe this to be the case for absolutely everybody.

So, I guess that makes you what, extra wrong?

You seemed to have missed the part where I said I wasn't blaming the high unemployment on lazy **** I merely said if they weren't so lazy unemployment would go down by a significant fraction. Y'know, like 1-1.5%. I didn't use actual numbers, that was the jist of what I was saying.

You seemed to think I was saying "Unemployment is purely caused by people being lazy **** or something. But yes, it's my reading comprehension that fails here. Have a nice day.
____________________________
My Movember page
Solrain wrote:
WARs can use semi-colons however we want. I once killed a guy with a semi-colon.

LordFaramir wrote:
ODESNT MATTER CAUSE I HAVE ALCHOLOL IN MY VEINGS BETCH ;3
#103 Aug 12 2011 at 3:08 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
****
9,260 posts
With the way that unemployment is calculated in this country, unemployment actually goes down when people stop looking for work... cause we only calculate people who are actively seeking jobs as unemployed.

Quote:
Data refer to the number of persons who, during the reference week, were without work, had actively looked for work in the past 4 weeks, had not actively looked for work in the past 4 weeks but had been on lay off, had a new job to start in 4 weeks or less from the reference period, and were available for work. Full-time students seeking full-time work are excluded.


Funny huh?

Anyway. I can't for the life of me understand how fewer people being lazy **** would bring down unemployment. The number of jobs created has nothing to do with the demand for them. At least the lazy **** who are only pretending to look for work leave the 32 people applying for each and every job in london, who WANT to work a better chance of not getting squeezed out by the lying of a lazy **** who doesn't want to work.
____________________________
lolgaxe wrote:
When it comes to sitting around not doing anything for long periods of time, only being active for short windows, and marginal changes and sidegrades I'd say FFXI players were the perfect choice for politicians.

clicky
#104 Aug 12 2011 at 4:40 PM Rating: Default
Supreme Lionator
*****
14,174 posts
Nilatai wrote:
Kavekk wrote:
Nilatai wrote:
Kavekk wrote:
jtftaru wrote:
Kavekk, the stuff you are saying is so stupid you are forcing me to rate up Nilatai.

Please stop.

Thank you.


It's really not my fault that two FFXI players aren't intelligent enough to understand an exceedingly simple point.

Haha, seriously, though, I can definitely sympathise with you; that sounds like a horrible situation to be in. Tell you what, if you can point out the obvious flaw in my logic, I'll come around to your point of view and rate down Nilatai enough to offset your rate-ups.

That's my offer.

The obvious flaw in your logic is the assumption that everyone who is claiming JSA is a victim of circumstance. This isn't the case, it's never been the case.


See, here's the problem. You've either failed to read or understand my argument, because that's not part of my chain of reasoning at all. I did mention, as an aside, that I did not believe this to be the case for absolutely everybody.

So, I guess that makes you what, extra wrong?

You seemed to have missed the part where I said I wasn't blaming the high unemployment on lazy **** I merely said if they weren't so lazy unemployment would go down by a significant fraction. Y'know, like 1-1.5%. I didn't use actual numbers, that was the jist of what I was saying.

You seemed to think I was saying "Unemployment is purely caused by people being lazy **** or something. But yes, it's my reading comprehension that fails here. Have a nice day.


No, I didn't and don't labour under that misapprehension. I disagree with what you actually said. Unlike yourself, I do not operate a binary proto-brain that parses everything as an absolute. If I 'seemed' to think that to you, that is another example of your inability to understand.

You never said you weren't blaming unemployment on lazy **** which is to your credit, as you are. Not entirely, no, but you certainly are blaming them.

In summary, you are worthless.
____________________________
“Socialism never took root in America because the poor see themselves not as an exploited proletariat but as temporarily embarrassed millionaires.”
#105 Aug 12 2011 at 6:41 PM Rating: Decent
Encyclopedia
******
31,554 posts
Iron Chef Olorinus wrote:
With the way that unemployment is calculated in this country, unemployment actually goes down when people stop looking for work... cause we only calculate people who are actively seeking jobs as unemployed.


Yes. But surely you can also see how people choosing to use JSA without seriously looking for a job (ie: purely to get the extra cash for pretending to look for a job) will make the unemployment numbers seem higher, right? I'm not saying that this factor is new, but it's also an example of how government assistance programs can change the very measurements we use to determine the need for those government assistance programs.

Quote:
Anyway. I can't for the life of me understand how fewer people being lazy **** would bring down unemployment.


Because they might actually look for jobs instead of just filling out sufficient paperwork to make it look like they are so that they can continue to collect a government check? I've seen this in effect before. People fill out applications for work and will tell you that they don't want to be hired, but just need you to sign some piece of paper saying that they filled one out. I'm not kidding about this. I've had people tell me that was all they were doing and that they didn't want the job.

Quote:
The number of jobs created has nothing to do with the demand for them.


It's a factor though. I agree that it's not the biggest factor, but it's absolutely there.


Quote:
At least the lazy **** who are only pretending to look for work leave the 32 people applying for each and every job in london, who WANT to work a better chance of not getting squeezed out by the lying of a lazy **** who doesn't want to work.



That's kinda not the point though.
____________________________
King Nobby wrote:
More words please
#106 Aug 13 2011 at 10:21 AM Rating: Decent
Prodigal Son
*****
19,924 posts
Kavekk wrote:
Nilatai wrote:
Kavekk wrote:
It's really not my fault that two FFXI players aren't intelligent enough to understand an exceedingly simple point.

Haha, seriously, though, I can definitely sympathise with you; that sounds like a horrible situation to be in. Tell you what, if you can point out the obvious flaw in my logic, I'll come around to your point of view and rate down Nilatai enough to offset your rate-ups.

That's my offer.

The obvious flaw in your logic is the assumption that everyone who is claiming JSA is a victim of circumstance. This isn't the case, it's never been the case.


See, here's the problem. You've either failed to read or understand my argument, because that's not part of my chain of reasoning at all. I did mention, as an aside, that I did not believe this to be the case for absolutely everybody.

So, I guess that makes you what, extra wrong?

No, the problem is that you're arguing with a couple of FFXI players. :p
____________________________
publiusvarus wrote:
we all know liberals are well adjusted american citizens who only want what's best for society. While conservatives are evil money grubbing scum who only want to sh*t on the little man and rob the world of its resources.
1 2 3 Next »
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 44 All times are in CDT
Demea, Anonymous Guests (43)