Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

A Squid With it's Head Cut OffFollow

#27 Aug 01 2011 at 5:43 PM Rating: Good
Sage
****
4,042 posts
What I think of:

#28 Aug 01 2011 at 5:50 PM Rating: Decent
Prodigal Son
******
20,518 posts
Ever watch Oldboy?

http://youtu.be/kB0DIRUoozE
____________________________
publiusvarus wrote:
we all know liberals are well adjusted american citizens who only want what's best for society. While conservatives are evil money grubbing scum who only want to sh*t on the little man and rob the world of its resources.
#29 Aug 01 2011 at 5:53 PM Rating: Excellent
******
30,646 posts
Kachi wrote:
Aren't you a pediatrician, or something?


No. I once posted in a thread, "What if I told you that I worked at St. Jude's here in Nashville?" but I don't really. Was just trying to make a point at the time.
#30 Aug 01 2011 at 5:57 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
****
9,997 posts
So what DO you do? Please say it's making nannerpusses. I want me one of those.
____________________________
Hyrist wrote:
Ok, now we're going to get slash fiction of Wint x Kachi somehere... rule 34 and all...

Never confuse your inference as the listener for an implication of the speaker.

Good games are subjective like good food is subjective. You're not going to seriously tell me that there's not a psychological basis for why pizza is great and lutefisk is revolting. The thing about subjectivity is that, as subjects go, humans actually have a great deal in common.
#31 Aug 01 2011 at 6:35 PM Rating: Excellent
******
30,646 posts
Kachi wrote:
So what DO you do? Please say it's making nannerpusses. I want me one of those.


If only I could be that awesome.

I actually work at a financial management office. We pay bills for the stars of Nashville. Or something.

But I will soon be unemployed as we make the transition to Hawaii.

Aloha, ********

Sorry, I'm not sure where that came from.
#32 Aug 01 2011 at 7:17 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
****
9,997 posts
Quote:
stars of Nashville.


Yick. A life in Hawaii is well-deserved.
____________________________
Hyrist wrote:
Ok, now we're going to get slash fiction of Wint x Kachi somehere... rule 34 and all...

Never confuse your inference as the listener for an implication of the speaker.

Good games are subjective like good food is subjective. You're not going to seriously tell me that there's not a psychological basis for why pizza is great and lutefisk is revolting. The thing about subjectivity is that, as subjects go, humans actually have a great deal in common.
#33 Aug 01 2011 at 8:03 PM Rating: Excellent
Gurue
*****
16,299 posts
Kachi wrote:
Quote:
stars of Nashville.


Yick. A life in Hawaii is well-deserved.

Most of them are pretty cool. Conway Twitty was an ***, though.
#34 Aug 01 2011 at 8:11 PM Rating: Good
******
30,646 posts
Nadenu wrote:
Kachi wrote:
Quote:
stars of Nashville.


Yick. A life in Hawaii is well-deserved.

Most of them are pretty cool. Conway Twitty was an ***, though.


Lorrie Morgan used to be a client. [:vomit:]
#35 Aug 01 2011 at 8:35 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
*****
13,228 posts
Allegory wrote:
But the bulky nervous structure in cephalopod arms is what is responsible for this complex movement. There are many organism that substitute dense nerve structures for what we would call a brain. I don't specifically know what aspects of information are handled by the arms, but it's not as simple as "no brain, no pain."


I was pretty sure that those autonomous systems handled reactive movement, not the actual processing of sensory information. Reacting to stimuli isn't indicative of observing it in some form of conscious process, which pain entails.
____________________________
Just as Planned.
#36 Aug 01 2011 at 8:57 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
****
9,997 posts
Timelordwho wrote:
Allegory wrote:
But the bulky nervous structure in cephalopod arms is what is responsible for this complex movement. There are many organism that substitute dense nerve structures for what we would call a brain. I don't specifically know what aspects of information are handled by the arms, but it's not as simple as "no brain, no pain."


I was pretty sure that those autonomous systems handled reactive movement, not the actual processing of sensory information. Reacting to stimuli isn't indicative of observing it in some form of conscious process, which pain entails.


i.e., you might liken it to the way some plants move, like the venus fly trap. Just because it can react to touch does not mean that it can feel per se.

I'm not a squid biologist, so I can't say for sure if that's the case here. Just wanted to offer a lay translation.
____________________________
Hyrist wrote:
Ok, now we're going to get slash fiction of Wint x Kachi somehere... rule 34 and all...

Never confuse your inference as the listener for an implication of the speaker.

Good games are subjective like good food is subjective. You're not going to seriously tell me that there's not a psychological basis for why pizza is great and lutefisk is revolting. The thing about subjectivity is that, as subjects go, humans actually have a great deal in common.
#37 Aug 01 2011 at 9:03 PM Rating: Excellent
Gurue
*****
16,299 posts
Belkira the Tulip wrote:
Nadenu wrote:
Kachi wrote:
Quote:
stars of Nashville.


Yick. A life in Hawaii is well-deserved.

Most of them are pretty cool. Conway Twitty was an ***, though.


Lorrie Morgan used to be a client. [:vomit:]

I've heard stories about her. Never dealt with her before.

The coolest ones are Reba, Garth, Barbara Mandrell (Louise is also a *****) and Winona. Those are the only ones off the top of my head that I remember liking. Vince Gill is an attention *****, Naomi Judd is just plain weird.

I'm sure there are more, but that's all I can remember right now.
#38 Aug 01 2011 at 9:07 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
****
9,997 posts
Just so you know, I'm taking notes on the people who like country music, and docking respectability summarily.
____________________________
Hyrist wrote:
Ok, now we're going to get slash fiction of Wint x Kachi somehere... rule 34 and all...

Never confuse your inference as the listener for an implication of the speaker.

Good games are subjective like good food is subjective. You're not going to seriously tell me that there's not a psychological basis for why pizza is great and lutefisk is revolting. The thing about subjectivity is that, as subjects go, humans actually have a great deal in common.
#39 Aug 01 2011 at 9:11 PM Rating: Excellent
Gurue
*****
16,299 posts
Kachi wrote:
Just so you know, I'm taking notes on the people who like country music, and docking respectability summarily.

I lived in Nashville for 900 years. I was a server and bartender at local restaurants and bars. I waited on these people, I'm not a fan.
#40 Aug 01 2011 at 10:00 PM Rating: Good
******
30,646 posts
Nadenu wrote:
The coolest ones are Reba, Garth, Barbara Mandrell (Louise is also a *****) and Winona. Those are the only ones off the top of my head that I remember liking. Vince Gill is an attention *****, Naomi Judd is just plain weird.

I'm sure there are more, but that's all I can remember right now.


We actually cater to the more Christian acts, to be honest. We only have two country acts out of our 40 client roster. They're both pretty nice, though.

Naomi Judd is a strange one.

Ben Folds lives in Franklin now. I need to start stopping by the Starbucks in hopes of running into him...
#41 Aug 01 2011 at 10:24 PM Rating: Good
****
6,471 posts
Belkira the Tulip wrote:
Ben Folds lives in Franklin now. I need to start stopping by the Starbucks in hopes of running into him...


My brother used to live almost right next to him, and saw him pretty often. Said he was a jerk, for what that's worth (my brother's a bit off).
#42 Aug 01 2011 at 10:39 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
******
29,911 posts
If that works with spiders, I'm outlawing soy sauce.
____________________________
Arch Duke Kaolian Drachensborn, lvl 95 Ranger, Unrest Server
Tech support forum | FAQ (Support) | Mobile Zam: http://m.zam.com (Premium only)
Forum Rules
#43 Aug 01 2011 at 10:45 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
Guenny wrote:
What I think of:

Now I miss my Nannerpuss avatar Smiley: frown
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#44 Aug 01 2011 at 10:50 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
******
29,911 posts
Jophiel wrote:
Guenny wrote:
What I think of:

Now I miss my Nannerpuss avatar Smiley: frown


Speaking of avatars, did you guys ever get your premium appended for helping with the beta?

Yeah I know theres a PM function. I'll ban myself later for not using it. And by later I mean never.
____________________________
Arch Duke Kaolian Drachensborn, lvl 95 Ranger, Unrest Server
Tech support forum | FAQ (Support) | Mobile Zam: http://m.zam.com (Premium only)
Forum Rules
#45 Aug 01 2011 at 11:21 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
****
9,997 posts
Nadenu wrote:
Kachi wrote:
Just so you know, I'm taking notes on the people who like country music, and docking respectability summarily.

I lived in Nashville for 900 years. I was a server and bartender at local restaurants and bars. I waited on these people, I'm not a fan.


I'm going to need to see a written excuse from a doctor.
____________________________
Hyrist wrote:
Ok, now we're going to get slash fiction of Wint x Kachi somehere... rule 34 and all...

Never confuse your inference as the listener for an implication of the speaker.

Good games are subjective like good food is subjective. You're not going to seriously tell me that there's not a psychological basis for why pizza is great and lutefisk is revolting. The thing about subjectivity is that, as subjects go, humans actually have a great deal in common.
#46 Aug 02 2011 at 4:38 AM Rating: Excellent
Gurue
*****
16,299 posts
Belkira the Tulip wrote:
Nadenu wrote:
The coolest ones are Reba, Garth, Barbara Mandrell (Louise is also a *****) and Winona. Those are the only ones off the top of my head that I remember liking. Vince Gill is an attention *****, Naomi Judd is just plain weird.

I'm sure there are more, but that's all I can remember right now.


We actually cater to the more Christian acts, to be honest. We only have two country acts out of our 40 client roster. They're both pretty nice, though.

Naomi Judd is a strange one.

Ben Folds lives in Franklin now. I need to start stopping by the Starbucks in hopes of running into him...

Is Franklin the new Hendersonville? Amy Grant lives there, or did. And isn't that where Michael McDonald lives?
#47 Aug 02 2011 at 8:38 AM Rating: Good
******
30,646 posts
Dread Lörd Kaolian wrote:
Jophiel wrote:
Guenny wrote:
What I think of:

Now I miss my Nannerpuss avatar Smiley: frown


Speaking of avatars, did you guys ever get your premium appended for helping with the beta?

Yeah I know theres a PM function. I'll ban myself later for not using it. And by later I mean never.


Not that I'm aware of. I paid for six months on 6/22/11 and it says it expires on 12/22/11.
#48 Aug 02 2011 at 7:39 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
******
29,911 posts
alright, we'll get that straightened out.
____________________________
Arch Duke Kaolian Drachensborn, lvl 95 Ranger, Unrest Server
Tech support forum | FAQ (Support) | Mobile Zam: http://m.zam.com (Premium only)
Forum Rules
#49 Aug 04 2011 at 10:19 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
Dread Lörd Kaolian wrote:
Speaking of avatars, did you guys ever get your premium appended for helping with the beta?

Can you append on to nothing?
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#50 Aug 04 2011 at 11:22 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
******
29,911 posts
Yes!
____________________________
Arch Duke Kaolian Drachensborn, lvl 95 Ranger, Unrest Server
Tech support forum | FAQ (Support) | Mobile Zam: http://m.zam.com (Premium only)
Forum Rules
#51 Aug 05 2011 at 5:20 PM Rating: Good
****
9,526 posts
ew that is horrible. I don't care if it can't feel anything, it looks like it feels pain and therefore is gross enough as it is.
____________________________
lolgaxe wrote:
When it comes to sitting around not doing anything for long periods of time, only being active for short windows, and marginal changes and sidegrades I'd say FFXI players were the perfect choice for politicians.


Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 71 All times are in CDT
Anonymous Guests (71)