Forum Settings
       
« Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Reply To Thread

osama bin laden deadFollow

#1 May 01 2011 at 8:52 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
******
29,905 posts
Looks like they got osama bin laden. Northern pakistan. Killed by a drone strike ~ two dozen US Special Forces. Will find a link shortly

Edited, May 2nd 2011 5:09am by acprog
____________________________
Arch Duke Kaolian Drachensborn, lvl 95 Ranger, Unrest Server
Tech support forum | FAQ (Support) | Mobile Zam: http://m.zam.com (Premium only)
Forum Rules
#2 May 01 2011 at 8:53 PM Rating: Decent
****
6,470 posts
Dread Lörd Kaolian wrote:
Looks like they got osama bin laden. Northern pakistan. Killed by a drone strike. Will find a link shortly


Damnit, Kao. I never get to post anything fun.

Smiley: glare


Edited, May 1st 2011 10:53pm by Eske
____________________________
Latest Articles:
Monaco: What's Yours is Mine Review

Follow me on Twitter!
#3 May 01 2011 at 8:54 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
Rest in ****, fucker.
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#4 May 01 2011 at 8:54 PM Rating: Decent
Eske Esquire wrote:
Dread Lörd Kaolian wrote:
Looks like they got osama bin laden. Northern pakistan. Killed by a drone strike. Will find a link shortly


Damnit, Kao. I never get to post anything fun.

Smiley: glare


Edited, May 1st 2011 10:53pm by Eske


lol. I was actually hovering over Post to what would have been the 1st, but I'm not an Asylum poster so I fig it may have just been over looked.
____________________________
Sandinmyeye | |Tsukaremashi*a | Dihydrogen Monoxide (it kills)
#5 May 01 2011 at 8:55 PM Rating: Good
Soulless Internet Tiger
******
34,698 posts
GOP 2012!
____________________________
Donate. One day it could be your family.
Need a hotel at a great rate? More hotels being added weekly.

An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come. Victor Hugo

#6 May 01 2011 at 8:56 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
****
5,650 posts
I think it's interesting how everyone is finding this out at the same time and announcing it. I only had to hit F5 about 4 times before a thread appeared here.
____________________________
my Tumblr
Pixelmon Server Info
FFXI-AH Profile
#7 May 01 2011 at 8:56 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
******
29,905 posts
http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2011/05/01/113442/osama-bin-laden-found-in-pakistan.html
Posting from phone so pasting text problematic.
____________________________
Arch Duke Kaolian Drachensborn, lvl 95 Ranger, Unrest Server
Tech support forum | FAQ (Support) | Mobile Zam: http://m.zam.com (Premium only)
Forum Rules
#8 May 01 2011 at 8:57 PM Rating: Excellent
Drunken English Bastard
*****
15,264 posts
So this means the we've won the war on terror, right? No more terror?
____________________________
My Movember page
Solrain wrote:
WARs can use semi-colons however we want. I once killed a guy with a semi-colon.

LordFaramir wrote:
ODESNT MATTER CAUSE I HAVE ALCHOLOL IN MY VEINGS BETCH ;3
#9 May 01 2011 at 8:58 PM Rating: Good
****
6,470 posts
I'm breaking into my Bailey's. Smiley: grin
____________________________
Latest Articles:
Monaco: What's Yours is Mine Review

Follow me on Twitter!
#10 May 01 2011 at 8:58 PM Rating: Excellent
Nilatai wrote:
So this means the we've won the war on terror, right? No more terror?


nah. They just said "it is a key chapter in the [War on] Terror."

They being peeps talking on CBS.
____________________________
Sandinmyeye | |Tsukaremashi*a | Dihydrogen Monoxide (it kills)
#11 May 01 2011 at 8:58 PM Rating: Default
Avatar
****
9,016 posts
Holy crap... I wonder what will change....

____________________________
Demea wrote:
Almalieque wrote:

I'm biased against statistics
#12 May 01 2011 at 8:59 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
Uglysasquatch wrote:
GOP 2012!

Someone, somewhere, right now is ******** that Osama wasn't captured alive so Obama is a total failure.
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#13 May 01 2011 at 9:00 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
*****
11,999 posts
I just won a bet :D
____________________________
Just as Planned.
#14 May 01 2011 at 9:00 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
***
2,584 posts
Almalieque wrote:
Holy crap... I wonder what will change....


My guess is very little, if not nothing.
____________________________
Dandruffshampoo wrote:
Curses, beaten by Professor stupidopo-opo.
Annabella, Goblin in Disguise wrote:
Stupidmonkey is more organized than a bag of raccoons.
#15 May 01 2011 at 9:01 PM Rating: Excellent
Official Shrubbery Waterer
*****
14,060 posts
Jophiel wrote:
Rest in ****, fucker.

QFT.
____________________________
Almalieque wrote:
I'm biased against statistics

#16 May 01 2011 at 9:03 PM Rating: Good
Drunken English Bastard
*****
15,264 posts
I wonder if it's actually him. Either way it makes very little difference to the big picture. Except some kind of sense of revenge, or something, I suppose?
____________________________
My Movember page
Solrain wrote:
WARs can use semi-colons however we want. I once killed a guy with a semi-colon.

LordFaramir wrote:
ODESNT MATTER CAUSE I HAVE ALCHOLOL IN MY VEINGS BETCH ;3
#17 May 01 2011 at 9:04 PM Rating: Excellent
Nilatai wrote:
I wonder if it's actually him. Either way it makes very little difference to the big picture. Except some kind of sense of revenge, or something, I suppose?


They talking kind of fast and all over the place on CBS. Someone was just mentioning that he hopes it is him, as they still have to DNA test the body >.>

____________________________
Sandinmyeye | |Tsukaremashi*a | Dihydrogen Monoxide (it kills)
#18 May 01 2011 at 9:04 PM Rating: Excellent
Revolving Door Inspector
Avatar
*****
12,727 posts
Demea wrote:
Jophiel wrote:
Rest in ****, fucker.

QFT.
____________________________
FFXI: Exodus @ San d'Oria since November 19, 2003, Siren Server
FFXIV: Turk Kalahai @ Gridania, Balmung Server
Rift: Kalahai @ Sanctum, Faeblight Server
Exo @ YouTube | Exo @ Tumblr | Exo @ Twitter | Cheese
#19 May 01 2011 at 9:06 PM Rating: Excellent
Cervixhouse-Five
******
30,643 posts
Last ten minutes of Celebrity Apprentice was interrupted because of this news. I think Obama planned it, personally.
#20 May 01 2011 at 9:06 PM Rating: Good
Drunken English Bastard
*****
15,264 posts
Sandinmygum the Stupendous wrote:
Nilatai wrote:
I wonder if it's actually him. Either way it makes very little difference to the big picture. Except some kind of sense of revenge, or something, I suppose?


They talking kind of fast and all over the place on CBS. Someone was just mentioning that he hopes it is him, as they still have to DNA test the body >.>

How and when did they get a sample of his DNA? So they haven't authenticated the body yet, and they're saying it's him. Excellent.
____________________________
My Movember page
Solrain wrote:
WARs can use semi-colons however we want. I once killed a guy with a semi-colon.

LordFaramir wrote:
ODESNT MATTER CAUSE I HAVE ALCHOLOL IN MY VEINGS BETCH ;3
#21 May 01 2011 at 9:11 PM Rating: Excellent
Anterograde Amnesia
Avatar
*****
12,363 posts
Nilatai wrote:
Sandinmygum the Stupendous wrote:
Nilatai wrote:
I wonder if it's actually him. Either way it makes very little difference to the big picture. Except some kind of sense of revenge, or something, I suppose?


They talking kind of fast and all over the place on CBS. Someone was just mentioning that he hopes it is him, as they still have to DNA test the body >.>

How and when did they get a sample of his DNA? So they haven't authenticated the body yet, and they're saying it's him. Excellent.


They have authenticated it, his sister died in a us hospital and the FBI suponeaed and got her brain for DNA matching. Apparently he was killed last week and they've been taking this time to confirm, apparently we have the body.
____________________________
"Choosy MMO's choose Wint." - Louiscool
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze - Ultros
Guide to Setting Up Mumble on a Raspberry Pi
#22 May 01 2011 at 9:11 PM Rating: Excellent
Caffeine Queen
*****
14,450 posts
This is awesome news. My brother who is a Marine, just posted on my FB wall about it. And on my Bday too. =)
____________________________
Uglysasquatch wrote:
DSD kicked Alma in the *** on another thread over the weekend. Clearly, she kicked too hard as he's obviously still feeling it.

Suburban Rebel Mom Blog
#23 May 01 2011 at 9:12 PM Rating: Good
Will swallow your soul
******
28,259 posts
What Joph said.

____________________________
In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

#24 May 01 2011 at 9:20 PM Rating: Excellent
Drunken English Bastard
*****
15,264 posts
Wint wrote:
Nilatai wrote:
Sandinmygum the Stupendous wrote:
Nilatai wrote:
I wonder if it's actually him. Either way it makes very little difference to the big picture. Except some kind of sense of revenge, or something, I suppose?


They talking kind of fast and all over the place on CBS. Someone was just mentioning that he hopes it is him, as they still have to DNA test the body >.>

How and when did they get a sample of his DNA? So they haven't authenticated the body yet, and they're saying it's him. Excellent.


They have authenticated it, his sister died in a us hospital and the FBI suponeaed and got her brain for DNA matching. Apparently he was killed last week and they've been taking this time to confirm, apparently we have the body.
Well okay then!
____________________________
My Movember page
Solrain wrote:
WARs can use semi-colons however we want. I once killed a guy with a semi-colon.

LordFaramir wrote:
ODESNT MATTER CAUSE I HAVE ALCHOLOL IN MY VEINGS BETCH ;3
#25 May 01 2011 at 9:21 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
Yeah, al Jazeera's Twitter feed is saying the "killed last week" thing as well. Which makes "Hella-Late Sunday Night" kind of a weird time to break the news.
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#26 May 01 2011 at 9:22 PM Rating: Good
Sage
Avatar
****
8,143 posts
Jophiel wrote:
dont Rest, in ****, fucker.


What Joph said.
____________________________
Things I sometimes play...

"What do you want to be when you grow up?"
"I want to be a unicorn!"
"Awww, why's that?"........
"So I can stab people with my face."
#27 May 01 2011 at 9:23 PM Rating: Excellent
Cervixhouse-Five
******
30,643 posts
Jophiel wrote:
Yeah, al Jazeera's Twitter feed is saying the "killed last week" thing as well. Which makes "Hella-Late Sunday Night" kind of a weird time to break the news.


No, see, like I said. It interrupted Celebrity Apprentice.
#28 May 01 2011 at 9:26 PM Rating: Excellent
Muggle@#%^er
*****
19,863 posts
I'm betting this is going to lead to a significant increase in Obama's popularity.

Not that he is really responsible for it at all. But it's America we're talking about here.
____________________________
IDrownFish wrote:
Anyways, you all are horrible, @#%^ed up people

lolgaxe wrote:
Never underestimate the healing power of a massive dong.
#29 May 01 2011 at 9:27 PM Rating: Excellent
Official Shrubbery Waterer
*****
14,060 posts
I normally don't drink at 10:30 on a Sunday night, but I think this occasion calls for a libation.

Cheers, you marvelous people.
____________________________
Almalieque wrote:
I'm biased against statistics

#30 May 01 2011 at 9:27 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
****
5,650 posts
So he's dead. Doesn't that just make him a martyr to his cause, inspiring countless would-be terrorists to rise up and replace him?
____________________________
my Tumblr
Pixelmon Server Info
FFXI-AH Profile
#31 May 01 2011 at 9:27 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
**
748 posts
I refuse to believe this until Obama releases the death certificate.
____________________________
Kaolian wrote:
After a horrific accident involving a radioactive housecat, Davejohnsan becomes “THE CAT YODALER!” By day, mild mannered veterinary supplies salesmen, but by night, daemon feline scourge of the swiss alps! Swiss cheese production falls sharply in the first quarter as lack of sleep slowly drives everyone in Switzerland insane
#32 May 01 2011 at 9:29 PM Rating: Good
Drunken English Bastard
*****
15,264 posts
Kuwoobie wrote:
So he's dead. Doesn't that just make him a martyr to his cause, inspiring countless would-be terrorists to rise up and replace him?
Of course. There will be repercussions.


Oh and in before "He was found in Islamabad, INVADE PAKISTAN!", type spiel.

Edited, May 1st 2011 11:30pm by Nilatai
____________________________
My Movember page
Solrain wrote:
WARs can use semi-colons however we want. I once killed a guy with a semi-colon.

LordFaramir wrote:
ODESNT MATTER CAUSE I HAVE ALCHOLOL IN MY VEINGS BETCH ;3
#33 May 01 2011 at 9:29 PM Rating: Excellent
Kuwoobie wrote:
So he's dead. Doesn't that just make him a martyr to his cause, inspiring countless would-be terrorists to rise up and replace him?


It could, or it could be a major Dream Crusher for them.
____________________________
Sandinmyeye | |Tsukaremashi*a | Dihydrogen Monoxide (it kills)
#34 May 01 2011 at 9:31 PM Rating: Good
****
6,470 posts
Demea wrote:
I normally don't drink at 10:30 on a Sunday night, but I think this occasion calls for a libation.

Cheers, you marvelous people.


Smiley: boozing
____________________________
Latest Articles:
Monaco: What's Yours is Mine Review

Follow me on Twitter!
#35 May 01 2011 at 9:34 PM Rating: Good
******
43,931 posts
Even though I know in my heart of hearts that this won't change the "war" efforts, other than an obvious morale boost and heightened chance of retaliation, I find myself giddy for personal reasons. Some people can rest I peace.

Piece of shit.

Next couple of weeks will be critical. No offense to anyone in those zones, but I'm glad I got out of there when I did.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#36 May 01 2011 at 9:34 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
***
2,584 posts
Eske Esquire wrote:
Demea wrote:
I normally don't drink at 10:30 on a Sunday night, but I think this occasion calls for a libation.

Cheers, you marvelous people.


Smiley: boozing


Smiley: chug
____________________________
Dandruffshampoo wrote:
Curses, beaten by Professor stupidopo-opo.
Annabella, Goblin in Disguise wrote:
Stupidmonkey is more organized than a bag of raccoons.
#37 May 01 2011 at 9:34 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
It's like a drunken tard frat party outside the White House.

"WWWOOOOOOooooooo!!!! U-S-A!! U-S-A!! WWWWWWOOOOOOOOOooooooo!!!"
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#38 May 01 2011 at 9:35 PM Rating: Excellent
Anterograde Amnesia
Avatar
*****
12,363 posts
Abc is reporting he was shot in a mansion by US special forces.
____________________________
"Choosy MMO's choose Wint." - Louiscool
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze - Ultros
Guide to Setting Up Mumble on a Raspberry Pi
#39 May 01 2011 at 9:35 PM Rating: Excellent
Caffeine Queen
*****
14,450 posts
Professor stupidmonkey wrote:
Eske Esquire wrote:
Demea wrote:
I normally don't drink at 10:30 on a Sunday night, but I think this occasion calls for a libation.

Cheers, you marvelous people.


Smiley: boozing


Smiley: chug

This!
____________________________
Uglysasquatch wrote:
DSD kicked Alma in the *** on another thread over the weekend. Clearly, she kicked too hard as he's obviously still feeling it.

Suburban Rebel Mom Blog
#40 May 01 2011 at 9:39 PM Rating: Excellent
******
43,931 posts
Playing the 9/11 drinking game. Everytime 9/11, Al Queda, or Bin Laden is mentioned, do a shot.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#41 May 01 2011 at 9:40 PM Rating: Excellent
lolgaxe wrote:
Playing the 9/11 drinking game. Everytime 9/11, Al Queda, or Bin Laden is mentioned, do a shot.


If only I didn't have work tomorrow.
____________________________
Sandinmyeye | |Tsukaremashi*a | Dihydrogen Monoxide (it kills)
#42 May 01 2011 at 9:40 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
Obama says bin Laden was killed tonight.
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#43 May 01 2011 at 9:42 PM Rating: Excellent
Revolving Door Inspector
Avatar
*****
12,727 posts
Sandinmygum the Stupendous wrote:
Kuwoobie wrote:
So he's dead. Doesn't that just make him a martyr to his cause, inspiring countless would-be terrorists to rise up and replace him?


It could, or it could be a major Dream Crusher for them.


It could also make them seek "vengeance", even though his death is vengeance from our end, really.
____________________________
FFXI: Exodus @ San d'Oria since November 19, 2003, Siren Server
FFXIV: Turk Kalahai @ Gridania, Balmung Server
Rift: Kalahai @ Sanctum, Faeblight Server
Exo @ YouTube | Exo @ Tumblr | Exo @ Twitter | Cheese
#44 May 01 2011 at 9:43 PM Rating: Excellent
******
43,931 posts
Sandinmygum the Stupendous wrote:
If only I didn't have work tomorrow.
your bossll understandf.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#45 May 01 2011 at 9:43 PM Rating: Excellent
Exodus wrote:
Sandinmygum the Stupendous wrote:
Kuwoobie wrote:
So he's dead. Doesn't that just make him a martyr to his cause, inspiring countless would-be terrorists to rise up and replace him?


It could, or it could be a major Dream Crusher for them.


It could also make them seek "vengeance", even though his death is vengeance from our end, really.


Very true. It is an endless cycle.
____________________________
Sandinmyeye | |Tsukaremashi*a | Dihydrogen Monoxide (it kills)
#46 May 01 2011 at 9:44 PM Rating: Excellent
Sniping Sweetpea
*****
18,461 posts
A good tone to the speech. I thought it was telling that he used the word "killed", and not "resulted in the death of" or anything tamer. He wants to be seen as the fist in the glove. I also like the specification that Osama was an enemy to Muslims worldwide.
____________________________
That's the kind of dude
I was lookin' for
And yes you'll get slapped
if you're lookin', ho

#47 May 01 2011 at 9:44 PM Rating: Good
Muggle@#%^er
*****
19,863 posts
Okay, I expected Obama to put his name forward in the speech, but THIS MUCH?
____________________________
IDrownFish wrote:
Anyways, you all are horrible, @#%^ed up people

lolgaxe wrote:
Never underestimate the healing power of a massive dong.
#48 May 01 2011 at 9:45 PM Rating: Excellent
Sniping Sweetpea
*****
18,461 posts
Jophiel wrote:
It's like a drunken tard frat party outside the White House.

"WWWOOOOOOooooooo!!!! U-S-A!! U-S-A!! WWWWWWOOOOOOOOOooooooo!!!"
And you know this will be the footage on Al-Jazeera. Thanks, tards.
____________________________
That's the kind of dude
I was lookin' for
And yes you'll get slapped
if you're lookin', ho

#49 May 01 2011 at 9:47 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
****
9,016 posts
So President Obama got a lead last August and lead the kill last week. Do people now see the importance of classified information? I would be so ****** if that were released on "wiki-leaks" and lost the location on Obama..


lolgaxe wrote:
Even though I know in my heart of hearts that this won't change the "war" efforts, other than an obvious morale boost and heightened chance of retaliation, I find myself giddy for personal reasons. Some people can rest I peace.

Piece of shit.

Next couple of weeks will be critical. No offense to anyone in those zones, but I'm glad I got out of there when I did.


I hope people don't get complacent... I'll be leaving soon.

Edited, May 2nd 2011 5:47am by Almalieque
____________________________
Demea wrote:
Almalieque wrote:

I'm biased against statistics
#50 May 01 2011 at 9:47 PM Rating: Excellent
******
43,931 posts
Anyone else curious on the crazy reaction?
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#51 May 01 2011 at 9:47 PM Rating: Excellent
Revolving Door Inspector
Avatar
*****
12,727 posts
idiggory wrote:
Okay, I expected Obama to put his name forward in the speech, but THIS MUCH?


He's trying to help Joph win his bet.
____________________________
FFXI: Exodus @ San d'Oria since November 19, 2003, Siren Server
FFXIV: Turk Kalahai @ Gridania, Balmung Server
Rift: Kalahai @ Sanctum, Faeblight Server
Exo @ YouTube | Exo @ Tumblr | Exo @ Twitter | Cheese
« Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 85 All times are in CDT