Forum Settings
       
1 2 Next »
Reply To Thread

reason 101 for segregationFollow

#52 Apr 25 2011 at 9:07 AM Rating: Excellent
****
7,806 posts
Omegavegeta wrote:
So, that attack might very well be a hate crime, but not for the reason Varus would think. Turns out, the white girl is transgendered.

Oh & at least one of the black girls was only 14!

Either way it's a hate crime, transgendered or not.
____________________________
People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome. ~River Tam

Sedao
#53 Apr 25 2011 at 9:23 AM Rating: Excellent
Annoying Ass
ZAM Administrator
Avatar
*****
11,946 posts
Kastigir wrote:
Omegavegeta wrote:
So, that attack might very well be a hate crime, but not for the reason Varus would think. Turns out, the white girl is transgendered.

Oh & at least one of the black girls was only 14!

Either way it's a hate crime, transgendered or not.


I didn't listen to the audio in the original, and I didn't see any commentary going into the incident. Is it recorded that they beat her because she was white, or do they call her racial names or anything? If so, it definitely is a hate crime. If not it's unlikely to bear a hate crimes label, simply because if you can't prove without a doubt it's a hate crime, the charges could be thrown out. Most prosecutors would take a charge without the hate crimes added to it in an effort to win.
____________________________
Retired News Writer for the ZAM Network
WoW - Aureliano the Insane - level 90 Druid on Sen'Jin
Nanaoki - level 90 Mage on Sen'Jin
#54 Apr 25 2011 at 10:11 AM Rating: Good
***
3,362 posts
varusword75 wrote:
lilwoc,

Quote:
The only reason you don't see more toothless, white trash rednecks on Youtube beating the sh*t out of someone different is because they can't understand the technology it takes to film it.


And good little goose-stepping yuppy liberals actually believe this.

Nah, I'm going to go ahead and chalk this one under personal experience. It's a class difference, not a race difference. The fact that blacks are still disproportionately poor in this country is a different matter altogether.
#55 Apr 25 2011 at 10:47 AM Rating: Excellent
The Duck Whisperer
*****
15,512 posts
varusword75 wrote:

I'm preparing you people. We will see an instance like this where a bunch of blacks surround someone who's actually armed and we're going to watch him mow them down. Then what?

You watch way too many action movies.
____________________________
Iamadam the Prophet wrote:

You know that feeling you get when you have a little bit of hope, only to have it ripped away? Sweetums feeds on that.
#56 Apr 25 2011 at 10:57 AM Rating: Decent
*
151 posts
poor dude/chick...

But OP ...get your head out of your ass.
#57 Apr 25 2011 at 11:17 AM Rating: Decent
****
9,270 posts
Quote:
I'm preparing you people. We will see an instance like this where a bunch of blacks surround someone who's actually armed and we're going to watch him mow them down. Then what?


We watch your trial on tv?
____________________________
Master Meleagant Driftwood of Stromm, Warrior of the 69th level(EQ)
Rhyys, Human Warrior of 67th level(WoW)

The World Is Not A Cold Dead Place.
Alan Watts wrote:
I am omnipotent insofar as I am the Universe, but I am not an omnipotent in the role of Alan Watts, only cunning


Eske wrote:
I've always read Driftwood as the straight man in varus' double act. It helps if you read all of his posts in the voice of Droopy Dog.
#58 Apr 25 2011 at 11:20 AM Rating: Excellent
******
43,643 posts
Driftwood wrote:
We watch your trial on tv?
At most it'll be an episode of Cops.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#59varusword75, Posted: Apr 25 2011 at 11:22 AM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) lilwoc,
#60 Apr 25 2011 at 11:29 AM Rating: Excellent
Soulless Internet Tiger
******
34,681 posts
varusword75 wrote:
Liberalism is causing this mess.
Doing the job half assed is causing the problem. More resources need to be put into helping get people off of subsidies instead of just handing out money. The fact that conservatives want to reduce funding to these programs while liberals want to add more before properly finishing the first is the real problem.
____________________________
Donate. One day it could be your family.
Need a hotel at a great rate? More hotels being added weekly.

An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come. Victor Hugo

#61 Apr 25 2011 at 11:53 AM Rating: Good
***
3,362 posts
Uglysasquatch wrote:
varusword75 wrote:
Liberalism is causing this mess.
Doing the job half assed is causing the problem. More resources need to be put into helping get people off of subsidies instead of just handing out money. The fact that conservatives want to reduce funding to these programs while liberals want to add more before properly finishing the first is the real problem.
Well done, sir.
#62 Apr 25 2011 at 11:59 AM Rating: Good
***
2,069 posts
varusword75 wrote:
lilwoc,

Quote:
The fact that blacks are still disproportionately poor in this country is a different matter altogether.


The fact that these same blacks that are career welfare cases should tell you that govn paying for their house, food, and children maybe isn't the way to go to help these people.


Open your eyes. Liberalism is causing this mess.


Maybe instead of your blame the liberals diatribes, you could discuss solutions to the problems? If your brain starts hurting stop though.
____________________________
http://www.marriageissogay.com/

Song of the day:
May 26, 2011 -- Transplants
#63 Apr 25 2011 at 12:02 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
***
2,843 posts
The issue here isn't the race of the attackers or wither the attackers ever have been on welfare.

It's that a Transgender Woman, was attacked for using the woman's room as she was legally allow by Maryland Law.

Her attackers have been charge with assault and the male McDonald's employee that made the video was fired. The owner of the McDonald's is considering further discipline for the other employees present during the attack.

IF the attack had been in the City of Baltimore, it would have been a Hate crime. Sadly our State Delegates once again fail to get the votes needed to pass the bill that would add Transgender to the current Hate Crime law. The State Senate has pass the the bill several years now.

Personally I've known many transgender people in Baltimore, since my ex-husband came out. Everyone I've known lived in fear for their safety constantly. Some develop panic attacks at the thought of having to be out in public. Before 1997 most wouldn't use public restrooms out of fear of getting arrested. That year my ex's Lawyer argue in Maryland Courts to allow pre-op transgender persons to have the **** on their drivers license reflex their gender identity. Still even though they now had a way to legally show they were allow to use the restrooms, it did nothing to change the general public's attitude. Transgender persons are at a far higher risk of being attack and killed then those that are just Gay.

Sadly the first transgender person who got their gender changed on their divers license was killed as she was walking home from her local bar. She was a very close family friend of ours and her death always is remembered on my youngest daughter's birthday.

It was one of the worst days in our lives, as I lay on the couch with a migraine unable to lift my head without becoming noxious. We watch the news together and has the breaking story develop, knew without doubt that we knew the person killed.

When the news finally say what neighborhood the killing happen, we said a small thanks that it wasn't their father, only to start to grieve for our dear friend who live just around the corner from where she was gunned down.

The 11 o'clock news confirm that Tacy was killed that evening and she was mourned by so many people that they had to have 2 memorial services for her. I had no way to make the one given by her family, but the LGBT community had to relocate the memorial service to the UU church downtown and it was filled with many people who knew Tacy has a person who worked hard for the community and is miss still.

Edited, Apr 25th 2011 2:05pm by ElneClare
____________________________
This Post is written in Elnese, If it was an actual Post, it would make sense.

"England needs, examples of people who, leaving Heaven to decide whether they are to rise in the world, decide for themselves that they will be happy in it, and have resolved to seek, not greater wealth, but simpler pleasures; not higher fortune, but deeper felicity; making the first of possessions self-possession, and honouring themselves in the harmless pride and calm pursuits of peace." - John Ruskin
#64 Apr 25 2011 at 12:29 PM Rating: Decent
****
6,470 posts
ElneClare wrote:
IF the attack had been in the City of Baltimore, it would have been a Hate crime. Sadly our State Delegates once again fail to get the votes needed to pass the bill that would add Transgender to the current Hate Crime law. The State Senate has pass the the bill several years now.


Blah. I want to go on a rant about hate crime laws and how much I disagree with you, but we've been down that road before.

Err...


**backs out of thread slowly**
____________________________
Latest Articles:
Monaco: What's Yours is Mine Review

Follow me on Twitter!
#65 Apr 25 2011 at 12:47 PM Rating: Good
Edited by bsphil
******
21,739 posts
Crimes become hate crimes only when the reason for the attack is due to that person's race/gender/sexuality/religion/etc.

Attacking a black woman is not a hate crime. Attacking a woman because she's black is a hate crime.
____________________________
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
If no one debated with me, then I wouldn't post here anymore.
Take the hint guys, please take the hint.
gbaji wrote:
I'm not getting my news from anywhere Joph.
#66varusword75, Posted: Apr 25 2011 at 1:37 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Ugly,
#67 Apr 25 2011 at 2:03 PM Rating: Excellent
Soulless Internet Tiger
******
34,681 posts
Another failure at reading comprehension. Not that we should ever expect otherwise from you.
____________________________
Donate. One day it could be your family.
Need a hotel at a great rate? More hotels being added weekly.

An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come. Victor Hugo

#68 Apr 25 2011 at 2:38 PM Rating: Excellent
***
2,069 posts
varusword75 wrote:
Ugly,

Quote:
Doing the job half assed is causing the problem. More resources need to be put into helping get people off of subsidies instead of just handing out money. The fact that conservatives want to reduce funding to these programs while liberals want to add more before properly finishing the first is the real problem.


And this is what good little goose-stepping liberals tell themselves when they see their social programs failing miserably. It's always "we did't get enough of the tax payers money to fix it".

How many social programs have ever been "finished"?

It's never enough. And it never will be until you're the one who's actually being affected by these terrible programs.

The fact that conservatives want to cut these programs is a testament to our compassion for these people. A good parent tells their adult child to get out of the house and get a job; a bad parent makes excuses for their child while continuing to support them financially. And an even worse parent steals from their neighbor so that they can support their adult child. There's no difference here.


Say goose-stepping some more! The hate really validates your opinions.
____________________________
http://www.marriageissogay.com/

Song of the day:
May 26, 2011 -- Transplants
#69varusword75, Posted: Apr 25 2011 at 2:47 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) atard,
#70 Apr 25 2011 at 2:52 PM Rating: Excellent
Soulless Internet Tiger
******
34,681 posts
varusword75 wrote:
With liberals it's never enough. It is really just that simple.

And when I say 'goose-stepping' that's exactly what they are doing.
Yea, except all you saw me say was something about conservatives and blindly went on the attack and as usual, failed to understand that which was read.
____________________________
Donate. One day it could be your family.
Need a hotel at a great rate? More hotels being added weekly.

An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come. Victor Hugo

#71 Apr 25 2011 at 2:54 PM Rating: Good
***
2,069 posts
varusword75 wrote:
atard,

Quote:
The hate really validates your opinions.


What you call hate I call an accurate description of current events.


With liberals it's never enough. It is really just that simple.

And when I say 'goose-stepping' that's exactly what they are doing.


Are you sure that's what they're doing? I thought you were just cleverly calling them commies. I've never actually seen a liberal literally goose-step, but I'm not deluded either.

I take it you don't like me anymore since you're back to using atard :(
____________________________
http://www.marriageissogay.com/

Song of the day:
May 26, 2011 -- Transplants
#72 Apr 25 2011 at 2:58 PM Rating: Good
******
43,643 posts
Uglysasquatch wrote:
Yea, except all you saw me say was something about conservatives and blindly went on the attack and as usual, failed to understand that which was read.
When you're inferior, its best to strike fast and hope no one catches on.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#73 Apr 26 2011 at 2:04 AM Rating: Good
Kastigir wrote:
Either way it's a hate crime, transgendered or not.


According to the transgendered woman, she was attacked because one of the black girl's "men" talked to her, not because she's transgendered or white.
____________________________
"The Rich are there to take all of the money & pay none of the taxes, the middle class is there to do all the work and pay all the taxes, and the poor are there to scare the **** out of the middle class." -George Carlin


1 2 Next »
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 39 All times are in CDT
Elinda, Anonymous Guests (38)