Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

So here's a l'il somethin' to make Varus's head explode...Follow

#1 Mar 25 2011 at 4:19 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
Haven't heard about this one yet in the national media...
Al Jazeera wrote:
Last December, amid the holiday rush, the US air force quietly announced that it had selected Mountain Home Air Force Base as the preferred location for the long-term training of a contingent of pilots and flight crews from the Saudi Royal Air Force as part of a $60bn arms deal between the US and the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia announced that autumn.

Under the mammoth military package, Saudi Arabia is set to receive 84 new F-15E Strike Eagles - advanced fighter aircraft designed for air-to-air and air-to-ground combat missions. Capable of flying day or night in all weather conditions and reaching speeds in excess of twice the speed of sound, each F-15, packing missiles, bombs and a 20mm cannon, is a formidable weapon.

Under the air force's proposal, Saudi pilots will learn how to fly the advanced fighters at Mountain Home Air Force Base for five years, from 2014 to 2019, with the possibility of a longer commitment left open.
[...]
At present, plans call for the Saudi squadron to be composed of roughly 12 aircraft with 50 pilots and 100 to 200 maintenance personnel, some of whom will be accompanied by their families.

"The permanent party would consist primarily of enlisted members and a small cadre of officers," according to an air force spokesperson. "Potential living arrangements for the Saudi personnel are yet to be finalised, but we expect that unaccompanied and accompanied housing both on and off base would be considered by the [Royal Saudi Air Force].

Watch out, Varus! Now the military bases will be over run with hundreds upon hundreds of radical Islamofascists!
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#2 Mar 28 2011 at 2:33 AM Rating: Good
****
4,143 posts
Quote:
of a contingent of pilots and flight crews from the Saudi Royal Air Force as part of a $60bn arms deal between the US and the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia announced that autumn.



They getting ready to quell some Democracy Now! protests in the near future?

Should make for some good TeeVee..
____________________________
"If you have selfish, ignorant citizens, you're gonna get selfish, ignorant leaders". Carlin.

#3 Mar 28 2011 at 4:50 AM Rating: Good
YAY! Canaduhian
*****
10,277 posts
It's all Obama's fault! He bowed!
____________________________
What's bred in the bone will not out of the flesh.
#4 Mar 28 2011 at 7:01 AM Rating: Good
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
14,814 posts
The upside being couple hundred more possibilities for Varus to find Mr. Right.

____________________________
LOOK here.
#5 Mar 28 2011 at 7:57 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
******
29,705 posts
Eh, they're only F-15e's right? According to the current regieme, our F-22's should be able to magically shoot them all down at 500 to 1 odds if there was ever a problem, so no need for more F-22's right?
____________________________
Arch Duke Kaolian Drachensborn, lvl 95 Ranger, Unrest Server
Tech support forum | FAQ (Support) | Mobile Zam: http://m.zam.com (Premium only)
Forum Rules
#6 Mar 28 2011 at 9:28 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
*****
11,699 posts
The US doesn't heavily need a defensive airforce at present. They use strikers and drones. In any situation they could concievably use a defensive wing, atomics would be in play. Building and selling aerial weapons systems is a good move, especially since they need the Saudis to have a larger strike capacity, so they can act for us in various theaters.
____________________________
What if the bird will not sing?
Nobunaga answers, "Kill it!"
Hideyoshi answers, "Make it want to sing."
Ieyasu answers, "Wait."
Timelordwho answers "Just as Planned."
#7 Mar 29 2011 at 4:34 AM Rating: Decent
Sage
*
192 posts
We'd gladly take some of those over the waste-of-money that is the Eurofighters, but then again we're known for making poor choices. Like scrapping the Harrier jets and keeping the inferior Tornadoes in operation...

...Then again we've also took our aircraft carriers out of operation too due to budget cuts, and then end up paying twice as much on air-based refueling (because we no longer have any aircraft carriers to deploy closer to the target area)
#8 Mar 29 2011 at 6:03 AM Rating: Decent
****
7,819 posts
Things the US does to keep their allies happy is not what I call an Islamic Jahad in the making. We've trained many others including Bin Laden over the years. Sometimes we regret what we do. I hardly think the Saudi's will be sending planes to destroy American targets.
____________________________
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v619/ImGatomon/Request.jpg

. “Power even if it is raw uncontrolled potential is just as dangerous as a trained assassin. It is unpredictable and deadly if your are not prepared." ~Gatomon From the story A Fox Among Wolves.
#9 Mar 29 2011 at 6:12 AM Rating: Good
****
9,248 posts
Quote:
Things the US does to keep their allies happy is not what I call an Islamic Jahad in the making. We've trained many others including Bin Laden over the years. Sometimes we regret what we do. I hardly think the Saudi's will be sending planes to destroy American targets.


Some people regret what we do, others will still argue that it was a good idea to interfere in the Islamic uprising against the democratically elected Socialist government in Afghanistan in the 80s. Those people are dumb.
____________________________
Master Meleagant Driftwood of Stromm, Warrior of the 69th level(EQ)
Rhyys, Human Warrior of 67th level(WoW)

The World Is Not A Cold Dead Place.
Alan Watts wrote:
I am omnipotent insofar as I am the Universe, but I am not an omnipotent in the role of Alan Watts, only cunning


Eske wrote:
I've always read Driftwood as the straight man in varus' double act. It helps if you read all of his posts in the voice of Droopy Dog.
#10varusword75, Posted: Mar 29 2011 at 10:42 AM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) and when these jets attack Israel?
#11 Mar 29 2011 at 10:51 AM Rating: Excellent
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
14,814 posts
varusword75 wrote:
and when these jets attack Israel?

Are you going to be vacationing there?
____________________________
LOOK here.
#12 Mar 29 2011 at 11:05 AM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
varusword75 wrote:
and when these jets attack Israel?

Israel will use their US bought fighters to intercept.

Ka-CHING!
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#13varusword75, Posted: Mar 29 2011 at 11:14 AM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Jophed,
#14 Mar 29 2011 at 11:48 AM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
We've been selling fighters to the Saudis for ages.
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#15 Mar 29 2011 at 12:32 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
****
5,159 posts
Not to mention that if anyone's going to attack Israel, it sure as hell won't be the Saudis.
#16 Mar 29 2011 at 3:25 PM Rating: Good
****
4,143 posts
Tailmon wrote:
I hardly think the Saudi's will be sending planes to destroy American targets.



Thats gotta be the funniest thing I've read today.

Is it ignorance or short attention span? I admit that I'm not sure which....
____________________________
"If you have selfish, ignorant citizens, you're gonna get selfish, ignorant leaders". Carlin.

#17 Mar 30 2011 at 10:14 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
****
7,426 posts
varusword75 wrote:
Jophed,

So you agree Obama's is pitting our allies against each other.



Wouldn't be the first time the US did that, don't act so surprised.
____________________________
HEY GOOGLE. @#%^ OFF YOU. @#%^ YOUR BULLsh*t SEARCH ENGINE IN ITS @#%^ING sh*tTY BINARY ASS. ALL DAY LONG.

#18 Apr 14 2011 at 10:05 AM Rating: Decent
***
2,074 posts
varusword75 wrote:
Jophed,

So you agree Obama's is pitting our allies against each other.



I would rather Obama pitting out allies against one another then Bush pitting our allies against US.

Besides its sound tactical strategy, Let them fight it out and then clean up the already weakened winner. Or in this case the winner owes you for giving them the equipment in the first place so hold it over their heads to keep them in check. Almost no matter how you look at it it's a win for the U.S.

____________________________
What I Play
Recently Played
#19 Apr 14 2011 at 11:17 AM Rating: Good
***
2,069 posts
Don't worry, Israel would kick the sh*t out of them. I think at this point the only thrat to the Israeli military would be the US military, and I don't think we will be fighting them too soon.
____________________________
http://www.marriageissogay.com/

Song of the day:
May 26, 2011 -- Transplants
#20 May 17 2011 at 7:16 PM Rating: Default
Imaginary Friend
*****
15,861 posts
DaiMon Tarr wrote:
"Explain what means Yankee trader!"
____________________________
With the receiver in my hand..
Necro Warning: This post occurred more than thirty days after the prior, and may be a necropost.
#21 May 18 2011 at 7:52 AM Rating: Default
Imaginary Friend
*****
15,861 posts
Did I really get auto-defaulted for posting in a thread more than 30 days old?
Y'know;you guys are lucky if you get 3 new interesting threads a day at this point, right? and lucky if you get 10 interesting postings a day that aren't some 4Chan fanboy mutterings. Maybe such a thing is considered high-browed here these days. If that's the case consider me troll ipso facto.

fags
____________________________
With the receiver in my hand..
#22 May 18 2011 at 7:58 AM Rating: Excellent
We Does Not Hugglez
*****
10,245 posts
Kelvyquayo wrote:
Did I really get auto-defaulted for posting in a thread more than 30 days old?
Y'know;you guys are lucky if you get 3 new interesting threads a day at this point, right? and lucky if you get 10 interesting postings a day that aren't some 4Chan fanboy mutterings. Maybe such a thing is considered high-browed here these days. If that's the case consider me troll ipso facto.

fags

This one gets auto-defaulted for karma bitching. The last one likely got hit because it was a nonsensical response to a dead thread for a Dixieland ass-hat.

If you're unhappy with the level of content around here, DaiMon Tarr quotes are probably the wrong way to go to raise it. You should try another idiotic attempt at rationalizing faith.
____________________________
I had a very witty signature once, but apparently it offended the sensibilities of some of the frailer constitutions that frequent this particular internet message board.

[The rest of this message has been censored and I can't tell you what I actually think of you]
#23 May 18 2011 at 8:02 AM Rating: Default
Imaginary Friend
*****
15,861 posts
It would not doubt be more successful than rationalizing the pretense of anything entertaining or substantial here anymore.

Any group of people who can't appreciate a subtle NextGen reference should gargle molten broken glass.
____________________________
With the receiver in my hand..
#24 May 18 2011 at 8:06 AM Rating: Good
We Does Not Hugglez
*****
10,245 posts
Kelvyquayo wrote:
It would not doubt be more successful than rationalizing the pretense of anything entertaining or substantial here anymore.

So, you're leaving again?
Kelvyquayo wrote:
Any group of people who can't appreciate a subtle NextGen reference should gargle molten broken glass.

I'm like Damon Wayans & David Allen Grier all rolled up in to one on this one: Hated it!
____________________________
I had a very witty signature once, but apparently it offended the sensibilities of some of the frailer constitutions that frequent this particular internet message board.

[The rest of this message has been censored and I can't tell you what I actually think of you]
#25 May 18 2011 at 8:46 AM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
Kelvyquayo wrote:
Did I really get auto-defaulted for posting in a thread more than 30 days old?
Y'know;you guys are lucky if you get 3 new interesting threads a day at this point, right? and lucky if you get 10 interesting postings a day that aren't some 4Chan fanboy mutterings. Maybe such a thing is considered high-browed here these days. If that's the case consider me troll ipso facto.

fags

I, for one, expected more from the big bad Asylum.
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#26 May 18 2011 at 8:47 AM Rating: Default
Scholar
****
9,997 posts
Kelvyquayo wrote:
It would not doubt be more successful than rationalizing the pretense of anything entertaining or substantial here anymore.


Sounds like a real case of rose-colored glasses you've got there.
____________________________
Hyrist wrote:
Ok, now we're going to get slash fiction of Wint x Kachi somehere... rule 34 and all...

Never confuse your inference as the listener for an implication of the speaker.

Good games are subjective like good food is subjective. You're not going to seriously tell me that there's not a psychological basis for why pizza is great and lutefisk is revolting. The thing about subjectivity is that, as subjects go, humans actually have a great deal in common.
#27 May 19 2011 at 2:30 PM Rating: Good
Supreme Lionator
*****
13,907 posts
Kelvyquayo wrote:
Did I really get auto-defaulted for posting in a thread more than 30 days old?
Y'know;you guys are lucky if you get 3 new interesting threads a day at this point, right? and lucky if you get 10 interesting postings a day that aren't some 4Chan fanboy mutterings. Maybe such a thing is considered high-browed here these days. If that's the case consider me troll ipso facto.

fags


Bullsh*t. I'll give you the lack of content, but the 4chan sh*t has hit a blessed nadir as of late.
____________________________
“Socialism never took root in America because the poor see themselves not as an exploited proletariat but as temporarily embarrassed millionaires.”
#28 May 19 2011 at 5:57 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
****
9,039 posts
paulsol wrote:
Tailmon wrote:
I hardly think the Saudi's will be sending planes to destroy American targets.



Thats gotta be the funniest thing I've read today.

Is it ignorance or short attention span? I admit that I'm not sure which....


Bah. We're at war with Eurasia.

We've always been at war with Eurasia.
____________________________
lolgaxe wrote:
When it comes to sitting around not doing anything for long periods of time, only being active for short windows, and marginal changes and sidegrades I'd say FFXI players were the perfect choice for politicians.

clicky
#29 May 19 2011 at 6:02 PM Rating: Excellent
******
41,260 posts
The One and Only Olorinus wrote:
We've always been at war with Eurasia.
Well, we like war. We like war, we are a war like people. We like war, because we are good at it. You know why we are good at it? Because we get a lot of practice. This country is only 200 years old and already we have had 10 major wars. We average a major war every 20 years in this country, so we are good at it! And that is good thing we are, we are not very good in anything else anymore. Can't build a decent car, can't make a TV set or VCR worth a @#%^. Got no steel industry left, can't educate our young people, can't get health care for our old people, but we can bomb the sh*t out of your country alright?! Especially if your country is full of brown people. Oh, we like that, don't we? That's our hobby! That's our new job in the world, bombing brown people! Iraq, Panama, Granada, Libya, you got some brown people in your country, tell them to watch the @#%^ out or we will god damn bomb them! Well, when is the last white people you can remember that we bombed? Can you remember the last white people? Can you remember any white people, we have ever bombed? The Germans! Those are the only ones and that is only because they were trying to cut in on our action. They wanted to dominate the world! Bullsh*t! That's our @#%^ing job! Now, we only bomb brown people. Not because they are trying to cut in on our action, just because they are brown.

Edited, May 19th 2011 8:04pm by lolgaxe
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#30 May 20 2011 at 1:51 AM Rating: Decent
lolgaxe wrote:
Can you remember the last white people? Can you remember any white people, we have ever bombed? The Germans! Those are the only ones and that is only because they were trying to cut in on our action. They wanted to dominate the world! Bullsh*t! That's our @#%^ing job! Now, we only bomb brown people. Not because they are trying to cut in on our action, just because they are brown.


Aren't you a military man? We just bombed the Serbs (And Croats, and Bosniaks, and whoever was unlucky enough to be in the near vicinity) less than twenty years ago. Twice, actually.

Varus wrote:
and when these jets attack Israel?


We don't sell them weapons on the honor system. The USG has the ability to disable the grand majority (if not all) of this equipment by sending it a code.
____________________________
BANNED SO OTHER ACCOUNT CAN BE USED, BUT THAT ALL YOU GET
#31 May 20 2011 at 3:55 AM Rating: Excellent
Gurue
*****
16,227 posts
lolgaxe wrote:
The One and Only Olorinus wrote:
We've always been at war with Eurasia.
Well, we like war. We like war, we are a war like people. We like war, because we are good at it. You know why we are good at it? Because we get a lot of practice. This country is only 200 years old and already we have had 10 major wars. We average a major war every 20 years in this country, so we are good at it! And that is good thing we are, we are not very good in anything else anymore. Can't build a decent car, can't make a TV set or VCR worth a @#%^. Got no steel industry left, can't educate our young people, can't get health care for our old people, but we can bomb the sh*t out of your country alright?! Especially if your country is full of brown people. Oh, we like that, don't we? That's our hobby! That's our new job in the world, bombing brown people! Iraq, Panama, Granada, Libya, you got some brown people in your country, tell them to watch the @#%^ out or we will god damn bomb them! Well, when is the last white people you can remember that we bombed? Can you remember the last white people? Can you remember any white people, we have ever bombed? The Germans! Those are the only ones and that is only because they were trying to cut in on our action. They wanted to dominate the world! Bullsh*t! That's our @#%^ing job! Now, we only bomb brown people. Not because they are trying to cut in on our action, just because they are brown.

Edited, May 19th 2011 8:04pm by lolgaxe


<3
#32 May 22 2011 at 8:44 AM Rating: Decent
Imaginary Friend
*****
15,861 posts
The Lazarus thread.

(inappropriate?)
____________________________
With the receiver in my hand..
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 78 All times are in CDT