Forum Settings
       
« Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 25
Reply To Thread

Barack Obama will win the 2012 electionFollow

#1 Feb 28 2011 at 2:22 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
President Barack Obama will win the 2012 presidential election. I'm confidently stating this now in early 2011. So confidently, in fact, that I shall make a $25 wager with the first three of the following five people who agree to it:

Gbaji, Varus, ThiefX, Totem & Moe.

My statement is this: Unless medically incapacitated or deceased, Barack Obama will seek a second term as president in 2012 and win the general election. If President Obama declines to run, loses either the primary or general election or is removed from office, I will have lost the bet. If he wins the general election, I will have won the bet. If he is medically incapacitated or deceased prior to the November election, the bet will be void with no winner. I will make/accept payment via personal check or money order. If you wish, I will instead donate your winnings to the charity/political organization of your choice.

If you are one of those five people, simply reply to this thread saying that you accept my wager.

So, rather than 20 months of "lol you actually think obama will win" and "This will be HUGE when he runs against Newt Romney or Sarah Huckabee-Barbour!", who shall be first to step up?

Edit: Money Order =/= Mail Order

Edited, Feb 28th 2011 2:25pm by Jophiel
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#2 Feb 28 2011 at 2:29 PM Rating: Excellent
****
5,684 posts
$25 says that Varus tries to assassinate Obama if he is close to winning so that he can weasel out of the bet.
____________________________
Almalieque wrote:
I admit that I was wrong

God bless Lili St. Cyr
#3 Feb 28 2011 at 3:12 PM Rating: Excellent
Soulless Internet Tiger
******
35,379 posts
Bardalicious wrote:
$25 says that Varus tries to assassinate Obama if he is close to winning so that he can weasel out of the bet.
I'll take that bet. Varus is to much of a wuss to do anything other than hide behind a computer screen.
____________________________
Donate. One day it could be your family.


An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come. Victor Hugo

#4 Feb 28 2011 at 3:22 PM Rating: Good
****
5,684 posts
Uglysasquatch wrote:
Bardalicious wrote:
$25 says that Varus tries to assassinate Obama if he is close to winning so that he can weasel out of the bet.
I'll take that bet. Varus is to much of a wuss to do anything other than hide behind a computer screen.
I'm gonna count it if Varus hires someone else to do it.

He'll probably pay them off with free rides in his awesome car!
____________________________
Almalieque wrote:
I admit that I was wrong

God bless Lili St. Cyr
#5 Feb 28 2011 at 3:27 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
*****
12,280 posts
Bardalicious wrote:
Uglysasquatch wrote:
Bardalicious wrote:
$25 says that Varus tries to assassinate Obama if he is close to winning so that he can weasel out of the bet.
I'll take that bet. Varus is to much of a wuss to do anything other than hide behind a computer screen.
I'm gonna count it if Varus hires someone else to do it.

He'll probably pay them off with free rides in his awesome car!


He'll probably do some complex scheme like getting Obama to dress in a moose costume for some charity event, then giving a drunk Sarah Palin a rifle and pointing her in the right direction.
____________________________
Shaowstrike (Retired - FFXI)
91PUP/BLM 86SMN/BST 76DRK
Cooking/Fishing 100


"We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary."
— James D. Nicoll
#6 Feb 28 2011 at 3:50 PM Rating: Excellent
YAY! Canaduhian
*****
10,289 posts
Shaowstrike the Shady wrote:
He'll probably do some complex scheme like getting Obama to dress in a moose costume for some charity event


Canadian Thanksgiving?
____________________________
What's bred in the bone will not out of the flesh.
#7 Feb 28 2011 at 3:59 PM Rating: Good
****
6,471 posts
Jophiel wrote:
President Barack Obama will win the 2012 presidential election. I'm confidently stating this now in early 2011. So confidently, in fact, that I shall make a $25 wager with the first three of the following five people who agree to it:

Gbaji, Varus, ThiefX, Totem & Moe.

My statement is this: Unless medically incapacitated or deceased, Barack Obama will seek a second term as president in 2012 and win the general election. If President Obama declines to run, loses either the primary or general election or is removed from office, I will have lost the bet. If he wins the general election, I will have won the bet. If he is medically incapacitated or deceased prior to the November election, the bet will be void with no winner. I will make/accept payment via personal check or money order. If you wish, I will instead donate your winnings to the charity/political organization of your choice.

If you are one of those five people, simply reply to this thread saying that you accept my wager.

So, rather than 20 months of "lol you actually think obama will win" and "This will be HUGE when he runs against Newt Romney or Sarah Huckabee-Barbour!", who shall be first to step up?

Edit: Money Order =/= Mail Order

Edited, Feb 28th 2011 2:25pm by Jophiel


I'm curious: did some recent revelation trigger this assertion? Or was this something that you've believed for some time? He seems a good bet to run and win to me, but you've a more apt political mind than I do, and I was wondering why you're willing to bet on it now.

Feel free to wait to respond until your conservative competition commits to the bet, if you want.

Edited, Feb 28th 2011 4:59pm by Eske
#8 Feb 28 2011 at 4:01 PM Rating: Good
We Does Not Hugglez
*****
10,246 posts
That's sort of like saying "I bet the blind bumps in to a wall." No matter how much you hope it won't happen, it's kind of a sure thing.
____________________________
I had a very witty signature once, but apparently it offended the sensibilities of some of the frailer constitutions that frequent this particular internet message board.

[The rest of this message has been censored and I can't tell you what I actually think of you]
#9 Feb 28 2011 at 4:09 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
Eske Esquire wrote:
I'm curious: did some recent revelation trigger this assertion? Or was this something that you've believed for some time?

Both. I assumed he'd win but the weakness of the probable 2012 GOP field has me more and more convinced. But then, last presidential election, we had the usual array of chuckleheads saying I was going to be surprised and all the polls were wrong and how funny it was that I thought he had a chance... so I figured I'd give them the chance to step up now.

Moe, I figured you would be too smart to take a sucker's bet but I figured I might as well widen the net a touch and give it a shot.

Edited, Feb 28th 2011 4:09pm by Jophiel
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#10varusword75, Posted: Feb 28 2011 at 4:58 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Jophed,
#11 Feb 28 2011 at 5:01 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
*****
12,280 posts
varusword75 wrote:
I won't take that bet until I know for sure the GOP isn't nominating another McCain.


So you're looking forward to Palin being nominated, huh?
____________________________
Shaowstrike (Retired - FFXI)
91PUP/BLM 86SMN/BST 76DRK
Cooking/Fishing 100


"We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary."
— James D. Nicoll
#12varusword75, Posted: Feb 28 2011 at 5:02 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Shady,
#13 Feb 28 2011 at 5:17 PM Rating: Excellent
Prodigal Son
******
20,518 posts
varusword75 wrote:
Shady,

Palin would crush Obama if the elections were tomorrow.

Hahaha. No way.
____________________________
publiusvarus wrote:
we all know liberals are well adjusted american citizens who only want what's best for society. While conservatives are evil money grubbing scum who only want to sh*t on the little man and rob the world of its resources.
#14 Feb 28 2011 at 5:32 PM Rating: Excellent
****
5,684 posts
ITT varus admits that he realizes the republicans are *******
____________________________
Almalieque wrote:
I admit that I was wrong

God bless Lili St. Cyr
#15 Feb 28 2011 at 5:51 PM Rating: Excellent
Repressed Memories
******
20,915 posts
varusword75 wrote:
Shady,

Palin would crush Obama if the elections were tomorrow. H*ll Hitlary would crush Obama if the primaries were tomorrow.

Then bet. It's an easy $25 dollars for you, even if that would be chump change for a man who owns a five CD changer. And if Joph doesn't pay up, he'll look like a fool in front of the forum. You can't lose this.

Edited, Feb 28th 2011 5:54pm by Allegory
#16 Feb 28 2011 at 6:06 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
varusword75 wrote:
I won't take that bet until I know for sure the GOP isn't nominating another McCain.

Pussy :)

When McCain was the nominee you had nothing to say except how he was going to crush Obama.

Edited, Feb 28th 2011 6:07pm by Jophiel
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#17 Feb 28 2011 at 6:13 PM Rating: Excellent
Prodigal Son
******
20,518 posts
Did you honestly think varus, of all people, was going to be man enough to stand for his convictions? I mean, I know you had to add him to the roster but really...
____________________________
publiusvarus wrote:
we all know liberals are well adjusted american citizens who only want what's best for society. While conservatives are evil money grubbing scum who only want to sh*t on the little man and rob the world of its resources.
#18 Feb 28 2011 at 6:16 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
I honestly don't believe any of them will take me up on it.

If I had to lay odds on one, it would be Totem just for the lark of it.
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#19gbaji, Posted: Feb 28 2011 at 8:56 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Maybe.
#20 Feb 28 2011 at 9:05 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
gbaji wrote:
But you mentioned it anyway, presumably so you could later suggest that our lack of taking you up suggests some form of admission that Obama is the greatest president since sliced bread or something?

That and I figured it was an easy $25-$75 in my pocket :)

Quote:
I'm not taking you up on it for a couple reasons...

First and foremost should be because you got every prediction you made about the 2008 election completely wrong. But all that rationalizing you just did... I bet that was good too :D
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#21 Feb 28 2011 at 9:05 PM Rating: Good
Edited by bsphil
******
21,739 posts
Of course he's going to win the 2012 election. Why else would some of the major GOP voices be hesitant to run in 2012 but are eager to run in 2016? They know they're just going to lose in 2012, so they're going to wait until after the end of his second term.
____________________________
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
If no one debated with me, then I wouldn't post here anymore.
Take the hint guys, please take the hint.
gbaji wrote:
I'm not getting my news from anywhere Joph.
#22 Feb 28 2011 at 9:09 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
Well, that goes back to the weak GOP field. Anyone who might mount a credible challenge seems to be keeping their powder dry for 2016 rather than risk an embarrassing loss next year.
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#23 Feb 28 2011 at 10:46 PM Rating: Default
Encyclopedia
******
34,982 posts
Jophiel wrote:
Quote:
I'm not taking you up on it for a couple reasons...

First and foremost should be because you got every prediction you made about the 2008 election completely wrong. But all that rationalizing you just did... I bet that was good too :D


Actually, I was right about a lot of my predictions. I just underestimated the degree of gullibility of the US public. For example. I predicted that Obama didn't really intent to build nuclear power plants, despite him suggesting so in order to make himself appear more moderate. And I predicted that he'd push a social spending agenda despite what he was telling the moderate voters. And I predicted that he'd make grave mistakes if he were elected because of his lack of executive experience.

See. I spend my efforts predicting "what will happen if we do X, or do Y". And while that's a great way of determining whether we should choose to do X or Y, it does not always correctly predict what the public will choose.

Call it "predicting what we should do". And on that, I'm like 10 for 10. ;)
____________________________
King Nobby wrote:
More words please
#24 Feb 28 2011 at 11:30 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
gbaji wrote:
Actually, I was right about a lot of my predictions.

Yeah, Clinton totally won the primary and then McCain was a real powerhouse in California, sweeping up the Hispanic vote :D

And all those polls were sooo wrong with their liberal biases when they should have really been showing McCain ahead. And that Wright thing? HUGE! But not as huge as Obama not having a flag pin on! I think that was the moment where Obama lost the election for sure...

10 for 10 indeed!
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#25 Mar 01 2011 at 5:09 AM Rating: Excellent
Soulless Internet Tiger
******
35,379 posts
Quote:
the liberal media machine is so good at Palinizing
Was that a compliment stating how good the media is at showing how stupid someone is?
____________________________
Donate. One day it could be your family.


An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come. Victor Hugo

#26 Mar 01 2011 at 7:37 AM Rating: Good
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
16,595 posts
gbaji wrote:

But you mentioned it anyway, presumably so you could later suggest that our lack of taking you up suggests some form of admission that Obama is the greatest president since sliced bread or something?
I don't think Obama quite has the Clinton touch, but he beats out Reagan.

But seriously, you are one paranoid person.
____________________________
Alma wrote:
I lost my post
« Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 25
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 1 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (1)