Forum Settings
       
« Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
Reply To Thread

Racist, funny or who cares?Follow

#1 Feb 09 2011 at 8:25 PM Rating: Decent
**
738 posts
It seems a few people on both sides of the aisle have become a little "**** Hurt" over this one ad that was shown during the Super Bowl.

Both Liberals and Conservatives have called this Ad among other things Racist, making fun of domestic violence or just not funny in any way.

The AD shows a women who tends to have some anger issues towards her husband and ends with "assault and battery" on a innocent women.

Just curious what you libs think of it?



Edited, Feb 9th 2011 6:53pm by ThiefX
#2 Feb 09 2011 at 8:28 PM Rating: Excellent
We Does Not Hugglez
*****
10,245 posts
I don't care what the libs think, I thought it was funny as all get out and it would have been equally as funny if they were white, brown or yellow.

Indians would have been pushing it, though.
____________________________
I had a very witty signature once, but apparently it offended the sensibilities of some of the frailer constitutions that frequent this particular internet message board.

[The rest of this message has been censored and I can't tell you what I actually think of you]
#3 Feb 09 2011 at 8:29 PM Rating: Good
Under A Thumb...
*****
10,008 posts
Mountains, mole hills, etc. etc.

____________________________
Quote:
I would imagine that if you could understand Morse code, a tap dancer would drive you crazy.
Lebowski Fest | Church of the Latter-Day Dude | Nick And Dooie!
#4 Feb 09 2011 at 8:30 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
I didn't laugh but then I heard someone **** about it earlier today so I knew the "punchline".

I didn't find it racist or whatever, either.
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#5 Feb 09 2011 at 8:45 PM Rating: Excellent
What do you think? I have to say I was expecting more after you mentioned assault and battery.

Edited, Feb 9th 2011 8:45pm by Xsarus
____________________________
01001001 00100000 01001100 01001001 01001011 01000101 00100000 01000011 01000001 01001011 01000101
You'll always be stupid, you'll just be stupid with more information in your brain
Forum FAQ
#6 Feb 09 2011 at 8:58 PM Rating: Default
**
738 posts
Quote:
What do you think? I have to say I was expecting more after you mentioned assault and battery.


Honestly I don't think the AD is funny in anyway or for that matter racist or making fun of domestic violence (although if this commercial had shown a man pushing his wife's face into a pie the NOW gang would have gotten their plaid boxer in a bunch) what gets me is Pepsi spent a fortune to show this during the Super Bowl.
#7 Feb 09 2011 at 9:28 PM Rating: Excellent
Will swallow your soul
******
28,224 posts
I find it... kinda stupid, but not offensive otherwise.

You know, what really ruins it is that the slapstick is just badly done.
____________________________
In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

#8 Feb 09 2011 at 9:28 PM Rating: Excellent
Repressed Memories
******
20,576 posts
The plot was so weird I couldn't tell if it was racist or not. I mean, what was that woman doing out of the kitchen anyway?
#9 Feb 09 2011 at 9:33 PM Rating: Excellent
Everyone's Oiran
Avatar
*****
15,921 posts
I thought it was hilarious.

But it shows a good looking, "nice-looking", middle-class looking couple engaged in slap-stick violent comedy. If the the couple had looked poorer, less classy, and, sad to say it, the man beating up on the woman instead of the other way round, the violence probably would have looked less slapstick funny and more nasty. I think a lot of people empathise with the difficulties and feelings of trying to live with your own or a partner's diet to get healthier.


Edit for Samira: I think the slapstick HAD to be over the top and "unbelievable" to take away any notion of real violence happening.

Edited, Feb 9th 2011 10:38pm by Aripyanfar
____________________________
<3

http://www.reddit.com/r/Forum4/
#10 Feb 09 2011 at 9:50 PM Rating: Good
*****
15,802 posts
I thought it was funny.

The best part was when she shoved his face into the pie.
____________________________
"I have lost my way
But I hear a tale
About a heaven in Alberta
Where they've got all **** for a basement"

#11 Feb 09 2011 at 9:52 PM Rating: Good
Supreme Lionator
*****
14,174 posts
Some of the most atrocious acting I've seen in my life.
____________________________
“Socialism never took root in America because the poor see themselves not as an exploited proletariat but as temporarily embarrassed millionaires.”
#12 Feb 09 2011 at 9:53 PM Rating: Good
*****
15,802 posts
Kavekk wrote:
Some of the most atrocious acting I've seen in my life.


Yeah, black people are better off sticking with voice overs.
____________________________
"I have lost my way
But I hear a tale
About a heaven in Alberta
Where they've got all **** for a basement"

#13 Feb 09 2011 at 10:59 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
****
9,997 posts
Not the best use of Superbowl ad time, but not racist.
____________________________
Hyrist wrote:
Ok, now we're going to get slash fiction of Wint x Kachi somehere... rule 34 and all...

Never confuse your inference as the listener for an implication of the speaker.

Good games are subjective like good food is subjective. You're not going to seriously tell me that there's not a psychological basis for why pizza is great and lutefisk is revolting. The thing about subjectivity is that, as subjects go, humans actually have a great deal in common.
#14 Feb 10 2011 at 4:38 AM Rating: Decent
****
9,271 posts
Really? That's being called demeaning? Wow.

Quote:
Honestly I don't think the AD is funny in anyway or for that matter racist or making fun of domestic violence (although if this commercial had shown a man pushing his wife's face into a pie the NOW gang would have gotten their plaid boxer in a bunch) what gets me is Pepsi spent a fortune to show this during the Super Bowl.


I agree that the add wasn't that funny, but it's not offensive either...at all.





____________________________
Master Meleagant Driftwood of Stromm, Warrior of the 69th level(EQ)
Rhyys, Human Warrior of 67th level(WoW)

The World Is Not A Cold Dead Place.
Alan Watts wrote:
I am omnipotent insofar as I am the Universe, but I am not an omnipotent in the role of Alan Watts, only cunning


Eske wrote:
I've always read Driftwood as the straight man in varus' double act. It helps if you read all of his posts in the voice of Droopy Dog.
#15 Feb 10 2011 at 6:18 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
****
7,465 posts
How can anyone see that as racist. I mean seriously. **** bleeding hearts in this world **** me off. I thought it was kind of funny. Not haha side splitting but definitely a earned a single Ha from me.

Also how you came across anger issues is beyond me. The wife is concerned with her husband consuming to many calories, no letting him get fries, no pie, no burgers, hence the importance of showing Pepsi Max: Zero Calories. As for assault and battery what planet are you from. She was attempting to throw her can at her husband who dodged it and hit her by mistake, or are all incidents where people accidentally get hit by something A+B.

Better get those kids officer they hit me with a beach ball on the beach they are criminals!
____________________________
HEY GOOGLE. **** OFF YOU. **** YOUR **** SEARCH ENGINE IN ITS **** **** BINARY ****. ALL DAY LONG.

#16 Feb 10 2011 at 6:27 AM Rating: Decent
****
9,271 posts
Quote:
How can anyone see that as racist. I mean seriously. @#%^ing bleeding hearts in this world **** me off. I thought it was kind of funny. Not haha side splitting but definitely a earned a single Ha from me.

Also how you came across anger issues is beyond me. The wife is concerned with her husband consuming to many calories, no letting him get fries, no pie, no burgers, hence the importance of showing Pepsi Max: Zero Calories. As for assault and battery what planet are you from. She was attempting to throw her can at her husband who dodged it and hit her by mistake, or are all incidents where people accidentally get hit by something A+B.

Better get those kids officer they hit me with a beach ball on the beach they are criminals!


People are just too **** oversensitive these days. Everything has to be a **** love in.
____________________________
Master Meleagant Driftwood of Stromm, Warrior of the 69th level(EQ)
Rhyys, Human Warrior of 67th level(WoW)

The World Is Not A Cold Dead Place.
Alan Watts wrote:
I am omnipotent insofar as I am the Universe, but I am not an omnipotent in the role of Alan Watts, only cunning


Eske wrote:
I've always read Driftwood as the straight man in varus' double act. It helps if you read all of his posts in the voice of Droopy Dog.
#17 Feb 10 2011 at 6:34 AM Rating: Excellent
We Does Not Hugglez
*****
10,245 posts
You people who didn't find it funny are either single or have really super sweet less than three relationships with your wives. My wife and I were watching it together and laughed our asses off, mostly because neither one of us sees it as unbelievable that she would be able to find a reason to throw heavy objects at my head.
____________________________
I had a very witty signature once, but apparently it offended the sensibilities of some of the frailer constitutions that frequent this particular internet message board.

[The rest of this message has been censored and I can't tell you what I actually think of you]
#18 Feb 10 2011 at 6:36 AM Rating: Good
****
9,271 posts
Quote:
You people who didn't find it funny are either single or have really super sweet less than three relationships with your wives. My wife and I were watching it together and laughed our asses off, mostly because neither one of us sees it as unbelievable that she would be able to find a reason to throw heavy objects at my head.


Actually, I spent much of the last 2 years in a terribly abusive(psychologically) relationship with a girl who was **** insane.

I just don't find it funny. Also, any woman who'll try and control their man like that needs to **** off. Might be why I don't find it funny, now that I think about it.
____________________________
Master Meleagant Driftwood of Stromm, Warrior of the 69th level(EQ)
Rhyys, Human Warrior of 67th level(WoW)

The World Is Not A Cold Dead Place.
Alan Watts wrote:
I am omnipotent insofar as I am the Universe, but I am not an omnipotent in the role of Alan Watts, only cunning


Eske wrote:
I've always read Driftwood as the straight man in varus' double act. It helps if you read all of his posts in the voice of Droopy Dog.
#19 Feb 10 2011 at 6:37 AM Rating: Decent
****
9,271 posts
Actually, that's what's offensive about it. The woman in the commercial is an overbearing, controlling cnut.
____________________________
Master Meleagant Driftwood of Stromm, Warrior of the 69th level(EQ)
Rhyys, Human Warrior of 67th level(WoW)

The World Is Not A Cold Dead Place.
Alan Watts wrote:
I am omnipotent insofar as I am the Universe, but I am not an omnipotent in the role of Alan Watts, only cunning


Eske wrote:
I've always read Driftwood as the straight man in varus' double act. It helps if you read all of his posts in the voice of Droopy Dog.
#20 Feb 10 2011 at 6:47 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
****
7,465 posts
wouldn't you be if your husband was fat and you wanted him to cut down on calories....oh wait that guy wasn't fat....ya overbearing control freak gets my vote.
____________________________
HEY GOOGLE. **** OFF YOU. **** YOUR **** SEARCH ENGINE IN ITS **** **** BINARY ****. ALL DAY LONG.

#21 Feb 10 2011 at 6:59 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
****
5,646 posts
It seems like any media involving the presence or mention of a non-white person (I can't really call them "minorities" where I live) can be construed as racism, no matter what happens or what is said.

I could take a picture of any random black man paired with text (saying anything at all), publish it in a magazine/on TV/the internet, and be guaranteed somebody somewhere will see it as racist, easily up to half the people who view it. It wouldn't even matter if I, myself, were black, along with everyone else involved in publishing said image.

Just acknowledging the above fact makes me "racist" in the eyes of the general population, both left and right leaning.
____________________________
my Tumblr
Pixelmon Server Info
Rust Server Info
#22 Feb 10 2011 at 7:02 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
****
7,465 posts
technically the racism in this case would be viewed as black on white, if it was racist at all. Then again is it racism if it is <insert race> on white. Certainly doesn't seem that way in the lovely land of political correctness ****
____________________________
HEY GOOGLE. **** OFF YOU. **** YOUR **** SEARCH ENGINE IN ITS **** **** BINARY ****. ALL DAY LONG.

#23 Feb 10 2011 at 7:07 AM Rating: Good
****
9,271 posts
Quote:
It seems like any media involving the presence or mention of a non-white person (I can't really call them "minorities" where I live) can be construed as racism, no matter what happens or what is said.

I could take a picture of any random black man paired with text (saying anything at all), publish it in a magazine/on TV/the internet, and be guaranteed somebody somewhere will see it as racist, easily up to half the people who view it. It wouldn't even matter if I, myself, were black, along with everyone else involved in publishing said image.

Just acknowledging the above fact makes me "racist" in the eyes of the general population, both left and right leaning.


And that is the problem with political corectness.
____________________________
Master Meleagant Driftwood of Stromm, Warrior of the 69th level(EQ)
Rhyys, Human Warrior of 67th level(WoW)

The World Is Not A Cold Dead Place.
Alan Watts wrote:
I am omnipotent insofar as I am the Universe, but I am not an omnipotent in the role of Alan Watts, only cunning


Eske wrote:
I've always read Driftwood as the straight man in varus' double act. It helps if you read all of his posts in the voice of Droopy Dog.
#24 Feb 10 2011 at 7:09 AM Rating: Default
****
9,271 posts
Quote:
technically the racism in this case would be viewed as black on white, if it was racist at all. Then again is it racism if it is <insert race> on white. Certainly doesn't seem that way in the lovely land of political correctness bullsh*t


Well, these days it's apparently racist of me to watch anyone who comes into my workplace closely regardless of race, but if someone I watch is native or black, I'd better watch out. I'm bound to lose my job for being a racist.
____________________________
Master Meleagant Driftwood of Stromm, Warrior of the 69th level(EQ)
Rhyys, Human Warrior of 67th level(WoW)

The World Is Not A Cold Dead Place.
Alan Watts wrote:
I am omnipotent insofar as I am the Universe, but I am not an omnipotent in the role of Alan Watts, only cunning


Eske wrote:
I've always read Driftwood as the straight man in varus' double act. It helps if you read all of his posts in the voice of Droopy Dog.
#25 Feb 10 2011 at 7:12 AM Rating: Good
Soulless Internet Tiger
******
34,681 posts
Driftwood wrote:
Actually, that's what's offensive about it. The woman in the commercial is an overbearing, controlling cnut.
I think it's time for you to seek professional help. That last girlfriend apparently did a number on you.
____________________________
Donate. One day it could be your family.
Need a hotel at a great rate? More hotels being added weekly.

An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come. Victor Hugo

#26 Feb 10 2011 at 7:15 AM Rating: Excellent
Will swallow your soul
******
28,224 posts
Quote:
Just acknowledging the above fact makes me "racist" in the eyes of the general population, both left and right leaning.


No, much like the ad in question you are offensively stupid, but not, in this instance, racist.

____________________________
In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

#27 Feb 10 2011 at 7:16 AM Rating: Excellent
We Does Not Hugglez
*****
10,245 posts
Uglysasquatch wrote:
Driftwood wrote:
Actually, that's what's offensive about it. The woman in the commercial is an overbearing, controlling cnut.
I think it's time for you to seek professional help. That last girlfriend apparently did a number on you.

QFT
____________________________
I had a very witty signature once, but apparently it offended the sensibilities of some of the frailer constitutions that frequent this particular internet message board.

[The rest of this message has been censored and I can't tell you what I actually think of you]
#28 Feb 10 2011 at 7:17 AM Rating: Good
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
15,896 posts
There was a dumb blonde in there too;)

I didn't find it racist, or terribly funny.
____________________________
Alma wrote:
Post and be happy!
#29 Feb 10 2011 at 7:19 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
****
7,465 posts
Quote:
Well, these days it's apparently racist of me to watch anyone who comes into my workplace closely regardless of race, but if someone I watch is native or black, I'd better watch out. I'm bound to lose my job for being a racist.


That is why I like my job, I only associate with people I hire, and vis a vis, people that want to hire my team. Most of my crew is white, not because I dislike other races, but because here in the great white north, more companies are willing to hire non-whites, non-males to work to avoid potential prejudice complaints, or even charges. So I hire them because their chance of getting a job in my area (a heavy lebanese and non-white region), over the other locals is less than fair.

Got to love it when the very people society protects turn around and become more "powerful" then those original people who protected them.
____________________________
HEY GOOGLE. **** OFF YOU. **** YOUR **** SEARCH ENGINE IN ITS **** **** BINARY ****. ALL DAY LONG.

#30 Feb 10 2011 at 7:19 AM Rating: Good
We Does Not Hugglez
*****
10,245 posts
It's kind of like the two little Transformers in the second movie. They may have been based on "unflattering" caricatures of urban people, but to move to calling them racist is looking too hard for something to complain about. Complain about the sh:tty voice acting, the terrible script and the slip-shod plot all day long, but racist robots? Please.
____________________________
I had a very witty signature once, but apparently it offended the sensibilities of some of the frailer constitutions that frequent this particular internet message board.

[The rest of this message has been censored and I can't tell you what I actually think of you]
#31 Feb 10 2011 at 7:19 AM Rating: Excellent
Annoying Ass
ZAM Administrator
Avatar
*****
11,949 posts
Not racist at all; not sure how people would get that. I laughed when the blonde got hit, but then again I can be pretty immature.
____________________________
Retired News Writer for the ZAM Network
WoW - Aureliano the Insane - level 90 Druid on Sen'Jin
Nanaoki - level 90 Mage on Sen'Jin
#32 Feb 10 2011 at 7:23 AM Rating: Excellent
Soulless Internet Tiger
******
34,681 posts
LockeColeMA wrote:
Not racist at all;
Seriously, they were drinking Pepsi, not Orange.
____________________________
Donate. One day it could be your family.
Need a hotel at a great rate? More hotels being added weekly.

An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come. Victor Hugo

#33 Feb 10 2011 at 7:25 AM Rating: Good
We Does Not Hugglez
*****
10,245 posts
Uglysasquatch wrote:
LockeColeMA wrote:
Not racist at all;
Seriously, they were drinking Pepsi, not Orange.

That'd a been funny rat thar.
____________________________
I had a very witty signature once, but apparently it offended the sensibilities of some of the frailer constitutions that frequent this particular internet message board.

[The rest of this message has been censored and I can't tell you what I actually think of you]
#34 Feb 10 2011 at 7:25 AM Rating: Good
Soulless Internet Tiger
******
34,681 posts
rdmcandie wrote:
Quote:
Well, these days it's apparently racist of me to watch anyone who comes into my workplace closely regardless of race, but if someone I watch is native or black, I'd better watch out. I'm bound to lose my job for being a racist.


That is why I like my job, I only associate with people I hire, and vis a vis, people that want to hire my team. Most of my crew is white, not because I dislike other races, but because here in the great white north, more companies are willing to hire non-whites, non-males to work to avoid potential prejudice complaints, or even charges. So I hire them because their chance of getting a job in my area (a heavy lebanese and non-white region), over the other locals is less than fair.

Got to love it when the very people society protects turn around and become more "powerful" then those original people who protected them.
What the fuck are you going on about Willis?
____________________________
Donate. One day it could be your family.
Need a hotel at a great rate? More hotels being added weekly.

An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come. Victor Hugo

#35 Feb 10 2011 at 7:25 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
****
7,465 posts
Uglysasquatch wrote:
LockeColeMA wrote:
Not racist at all;
Seriously, they were drinking Pepsi, not Orange.


I thought it was grape drink, and where were the watermellons, waffles and fried chicken.
____________________________
HEY GOOGLE. **** OFF YOU. **** YOUR **** SEARCH ENGINE IN ITS **** **** BINARY ****. ALL DAY LONG.

#36 Feb 10 2011 at 7:27 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
****
7,465 posts
Uglysasquatch wrote:
rdmcandie wrote:
Quote:
Well, these days it's apparently racist of me to watch anyone who comes into my workplace closely regardless of race, but if someone I watch is native or black, I'd better watch out. I'm bound to lose my job for being a racist.


That is why I like my job, I only associate with people I hire, and vis a vis, people that want to hire my team. Most of my crew is white, not because I dislike other races, but because here in the great white north, more companies are willing to hire non-whites, non-males to work to avoid potential prejudice complaints, or even charges. So I hire them because their chance of getting a job in my area (a heavy lebanese and non-white region), over the other locals is less than fair.

Got to love it when the very people society protects turn around and become more "powerful" then those original people who protected them.
What the fuck are you going on about Willis?


Around here companies tend to hire minorities and women more often then white men, for a reason I can only put on avoiding any kinds of legal entanglements.
____________________________
HEY GOOGLE. **** OFF YOU. **** YOUR **** SEARCH ENGINE IN ITS **** **** BINARY ****. ALL DAY LONG.

#37 Feb 10 2011 at 7:29 AM Rating: Good
****
9,271 posts
Quote:
I think it's time for you to seek professional help. That last girlfriend apparently did a number on you


I just think that, unless there's a major health issue involved, no one should be telling anyone what to eat. I'd kick a girl to the curb if she tried to tell me I couldn't eat a cheeseburger.


Also, she was a controlling **** who tried to tell me that I should put her ahead of my friends and family, accused me of cheating if I ever left the house even to go to work, cheated on me at least 7 times, burned her house down so I'd have her move in with me, then quit her job and expected me to support her and her cats on minimum wage, and threatened my family and threatened me. I had to get a **** restraining order.

Besides, current girlfriend being an intelligent, logical, beautiful, not crazy English major has been a bigger help than any professional could ever be.
____________________________
Master Meleagant Driftwood of Stromm, Warrior of the 69th level(EQ)
Rhyys, Human Warrior of 67th level(WoW)

The World Is Not A Cold Dead Place.
Alan Watts wrote:
I am omnipotent insofar as I am the Universe, but I am not an omnipotent in the role of Alan Watts, only cunning


Eske wrote:
I've always read Driftwood as the straight man in varus' double act. It helps if you read all of his posts in the voice of Droopy Dog.
#38 Feb 10 2011 at 7:34 AM Rating: Decent
****
6,470 posts
rdmcandie wrote:
Quote:
Well, these days it's apparently racist of me to watch anyone who comes into my workplace closely regardless of race, but if someone I watch is native or black, I'd better watch out. I'm bound to lose my job for being a racist.


That is why I like my job, I only associate with people I hire, and vis a vis, people that want to hire my team. Most of my crew is white, not because I dislike other races, but because here in the great white north, more companies are willing to hire non-whites, non-males to work to avoid potential prejudice complaints, or even charges. So I hire them because their chance of getting a job in my area (a heavy lebanese and non-white region), over the other locals is less than fair.

Got to love it when the very people society protects turn around and become more "powerful" then those original people who protected them.


If you're deliberately selecting employees for their race then you're part of the problem, no matter the reason.
____________________________
Latest Articles:
Monaco: What's Yours is Mine Review

Follow me on Twitter!
#39 Feb 10 2011 at 7:34 AM Rating: Default
****
9,271 posts
Quote:
Around here companies tend to hire minorities and women more often then white men, for a reason I can only put on avoiding any kinds of legal entanglements.


I disagree. Case in point: my workplace is a white sausagefest.
____________________________
Master Meleagant Driftwood of Stromm, Warrior of the 69th level(EQ)
Rhyys, Human Warrior of 67th level(WoW)

The World Is Not A Cold Dead Place.
Alan Watts wrote:
I am omnipotent insofar as I am the Universe, but I am not an omnipotent in the role of Alan Watts, only cunning


Eske wrote:
I've always read Driftwood as the straight man in varus' double act. It helps if you read all of his posts in the voice of Droopy Dog.
#40 Feb 10 2011 at 7:46 AM Rating: Good
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
15,896 posts
Driftwood wrote:
Quote:
Around here companies tend to hire minorities and women more often then white men, for a reason I can only put on avoiding any kinds of legal entanglements.


I disagree. Case in point: my workplace is a white sausagefest.
I simply don't believe it.
____________________________
Alma wrote:
Post and be happy!
#41 Feb 10 2011 at 7:52 AM Rating: Good
Gurue
*****
16,288 posts
Driftwood wrote:
Quote:
I think it's time for you to seek professional help. That last girlfriend apparently did a number on you


I just think that, unless there's a major health issue involved, no one should be telling anyone what to eat. I'd kick a girl to the curb if she tried to tell me I couldn't eat a cheeseburger.


Also, she was a controlling **** who tried to tell me that I should put her ahead of my friends and family, accused me of cheating if I ever left the house even to go to work, cheated on me at least 7 times, burned her house down so I'd have her move in with me, then quit her job and expected me to support her and her cats on minimum wage, and threatened my family and threatened me. I had to get a **** restraining order.

Besides, current girlfriend being an intelligent, logical, beautiful, not crazy English major has been a bigger help than any professional could ever be.


Nope, you still have issues.

Also, it wasn't racist and yes, I giggled a little.
#42 Feb 10 2011 at 8:02 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
****
5,646 posts
Samira wrote:
Quote:
Just acknowledging the above fact makes me "racist" in the eyes of the general population, both left and right leaning.


No, much like the ad in question you are offensively stupid, but not, in this instance, racist.



I could say the sky is blue(or some other obvious statement), and that'd be stupid (implying wrong) in some way because it came from me.
____________________________
my Tumblr
Pixelmon Server Info
Rust Server Info
#43 Feb 10 2011 at 8:04 AM Rating: Default
****
9,271 posts
Quote:
Nope, you still have issues.


Seriously? I have issues because I think a woman who shoved her husband/boyfriend's face into a pie and stole his cheeseburger is controlling?
____________________________
Master Meleagant Driftwood of Stromm, Warrior of the 69th level(EQ)
Rhyys, Human Warrior of 67th level(WoW)

The World Is Not A Cold Dead Place.
Alan Watts wrote:
I am omnipotent insofar as I am the Universe, but I am not an omnipotent in the role of Alan Watts, only cunning


Eske wrote:
I've always read Driftwood as the straight man in varus' double act. It helps if you read all of his posts in the voice of Droopy Dog.
#44 Feb 10 2011 at 8:07 AM Rating: Decent
We Does Not Hugglez
*****
10,245 posts
Kuwoobie wrote:
Samira wrote:
Quote:
Just acknowledging the above fact makes me "racist" in the eyes of the general population, both left and right leaning.


No, much like the ad in question you are offensively stupid, but not, in this instance, racist.



I could say the sky is blue(or some other obvious statement), and that'd be stupid (implying wrong) in some way because it came from me.

Now that you've identified the problem, shut the f'uck up.
____________________________
I had a very witty signature once, but apparently it offended the sensibilities of some of the frailer constitutions that frequent this particular internet message board.

[The rest of this message has been censored and I can't tell you what I actually think of you]
#45 Feb 10 2011 at 8:53 AM Rating: Decent
Gurue
*****
16,288 posts
Driftwood wrote:
Quote:
Nope, you still have issues.


Seriously? I have issues because I think a woman who shoved her husband/boyfriend's face into a pie and stole his cheeseburger is controlling?


Because you think a commercial that does those things isn't right. That's why.
#46 Feb 10 2011 at 9:01 AM Rating: Good
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
15,896 posts
rdmcandie wrote:

Got to love it when the very people society protects turn around and become more "powerful" then those original people who protected them.
Sounds like you did it wrong then.

You're pretty full of crap eh?
____________________________
Alma wrote:
Post and be happy!
#47 Feb 10 2011 at 9:06 AM Rating: Decent
****
9,271 posts
Quote:
Because you think a commercial that does those things isn't right. That's why.


At no point during the commercial does it appear that this isn't seen as normal and healthy behaviour. It's not right. Why should we see that sort of thing as normal?
____________________________
Master Meleagant Driftwood of Stromm, Warrior of the 69th level(EQ)
Rhyys, Human Warrior of 67th level(WoW)

The World Is Not A Cold Dead Place.
Alan Watts wrote:
I am omnipotent insofar as I am the Universe, but I am not an omnipotent in the role of Alan Watts, only cunning


Eske wrote:
I've always read Driftwood as the straight man in varus' double act. It helps if you read all of his posts in the voice of Droopy Dog.
#48 Feb 10 2011 at 9:11 AM Rating: Excellent
Gurue
*****
16,288 posts
Driftwood wrote:
Quote:
Because you think a commercial that does those things isn't right. That's why.


At no point during the commercial does it appear that this isn't seen as normal and healthy behaviour. It's not right. Why should we see that sort of thing as normal?


lolwut?

A few weeks ago I saw a foreign commercial. A woman and her daughter got pulled over for speeding. While the woman is searching in her purse for her license, the cop looks in the back seat at the daughter. She mouthes "She's not my mom" and then holds up a sign written in crayon that says "Help!". Of course the cop then drags them mom out of the car and tries to place her under arrest. We then see the little girl again, smiling slyly at the camera.

If my son did that ****, I'd kill him. But it's a commercial, it's supposed to be funny, and I laughed my **** off.

Lighten up, jesus.
#49 Feb 10 2011 at 9:14 AM Rating: Excellent
We Does Not Hugglez
*****
10,245 posts
Nadenu wrote:
Lighten up, jesus.

You keep referring to this little prick as the son of Bob he's going to get a complex.
____________________________
I had a very witty signature once, but apparently it offended the sensibilities of some of the frailer constitutions that frequent this particular internet message board.

[The rest of this message has been censored and I can't tell you what I actually think of you]
#50 Feb 10 2011 at 9:19 AM Rating: Default
****
9,271 posts
Quote:
lolwut?

A few weeks ago I saw a foreign commercial. A woman and her daughter got pulled over for speeding. While the woman is searching in her purse for her license, the cop looks in the back seat at the daughter. She mouthes "She's not my mom" and then holds up a sign written in crayon that says "Help!". Of course the cop then drags them mom out of the car and tries to place her under arrest. We then see the little girl again, smiling slyly at the camera.

If my son did that sh*t, I'd kill him. But it's a commercial, it's supposed to be funny, and I laughed my **** off.

Lighten up, jesus.


Now that's not something that occurs normally in society, and no one could possibly make the mistake that it would.
____________________________
Master Meleagant Driftwood of Stromm, Warrior of the 69th level(EQ)
Rhyys, Human Warrior of 67th level(WoW)

The World Is Not A Cold Dead Place.
Alan Watts wrote:
I am omnipotent insofar as I am the Universe, but I am not an omnipotent in the role of Alan Watts, only cunning


Eske wrote:
I've always read Driftwood as the straight man in varus' double act. It helps if you read all of his posts in the voice of Droopy Dog.
#51 Feb 10 2011 at 9:20 AM Rating: Excellent
Gurue
*****
16,288 posts
Fine, you win. The people that made that commercial should be strung up.
« Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 27 All times are in CDT
Demea, Kuwoobie, someproteinguy, Timelordwho, Anonymous Guests (23)