Forum Settings
       
This Forum is Read Only

***Japanese Player Warning***Follow

#1 Oct 04 2004 at 1:47 AM Rating: Good
***
1,742 posts
Just like NA players there are good and bad Japanese players also.

Tonight I met a WHM. I died while fighting a link in my party. My party escaped and decided to disband. Not 5 ft away (literally in fact one time she stepped on me) was the WHM. S/He refused to raise II ,standing over my corpse, me and proceeded to say no.

In my 70 levels as WHM I have NEVER refused to raise someone that was close by. This was really ridiculus, I was there for 30min laying there while s/he refused to raise. The BLM in my party decided to return and raise me.

I personally /blacklist any whm like this, they don't deserve to be a whm if they refuse to raise someone that is right in front of them. I would suggest others do also because the more we encourage this the more bad WHM's we will have around. I don't care how skilled they are, a WHM like Kazunori who refuses to raise someone is a bad WHM IMO.

Edited, Mon Oct 4 16:56:44 2004 by Greenfource

Edited, Tue Oct 12 11:09:24 2004 by Greenfource
____________________________
Greenfource FFXI
Rydia Leonheart FFXIV
#2 Oct 04 2004 at 7:56 AM Rating: Decent
48 posts
rgr that
____________________________
75 taru nin
#3 Oct 04 2004 at 8:10 AM Rating: Decent
**
528 posts
I'd have to add Genocide I believe that's how you spell his name to this list. He is a JP as this post states. Stay away from this person. Has a very bad reputation among the Japanese players. He's like Jaygcn, Redmale, and the relationship between sonix and timothay in one. He will steal your NMs, kill it and pretend to go AFK.
____________________________
JMcWild, Remora, Bastok Rank 10
75RNG|75THF|75WAR|75MNK|75SAM|75NIN|68RDM|~~~
Cook-100|Wood-91|Alch-100|Bone-100

Carpenterbob Sandy Rank 6
75BLU 75COR 75BLM 75SCH

----------
WSNM 14/14 done
#4 Oct 04 2004 at 8:44 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
295 posts
I agree completely. For some reason there are some NA players who think that all Japanese players are the greatest and nicest people ever. Some might be, but they still have their share of @#%^s.

One time in Behemoth's Dominion we kept being harrased by a specific JP. Unfortunately it was some time back and do not remember his name. This is kind of funny, but just cause he kept doing it got annoying. He began shouting things in the auto-translator like <leave> <country>. People in his party began to ask for forgiveness in auto-translator. I'm sorry I didn't have the name, but just wanted to agree with GF, just because he/she is a JP does not mean they are the nicest players around.
____________________________
Darke
Race: Elvaan Male
Job: 75PLD/WAR75/NIN52/BLM39/WHM35/RDM35/COR32/RNG30/THF29/DRK22/MNK18/BST18

Server: Diabolos
Linkshells: BloodMourne
Rank: Sandy 10, Windy 10, Bastok 5
RoZ, CoP: O
PLD AF + NIN AF: O
WAR AF: Fighter's Calligae, Fighter's Mufflers
PLD AFv2: 5/6
WAR AFv2: 3/6
#5 Oct 04 2004 at 11:05 AM Rating: Decent
**
431 posts
No disrespect intended Greenfource, but this could have been added to one of the other two bad player threads we already have here. Also, I don't think it's right to single out JP players just because they're JP. What next, a "Mexican Bad Player" thread?

Edit: Spelling.

Edited, Mon Oct 4 12:22:44 2004 by aethyal
____________________________
"Some dumb quote."
#6 Oct 04 2004 at 11:46 AM Rating: Default
Scholar
*
121 posts
IMHO it's his choice to raise you or not. I am sorry but this looks like a whining thread to me, not a warning thread.
____________________________
Jobs:
75 RDM/75 RNG/45 NIN/72 BLM/39 SMN/41 WHM/39 SMN/41 THF/41 BRD

Craft Skills:
Fishing 90 * Woodworking 60 * Smithing 88.6+2 * Goldsmithing 52.0 * Clothcraft 53 * Leathercraft 60 * Bonecraft 60 * Alchemy 60* Cooking 77(/goodbye)
#7 Oct 04 2004 at 11:49 AM Rating: Excellent
***
1,742 posts
aethyal. First, that thread is basically a flame fest right now, (not saying another wouldn't be). I understand what you are saying though.

Second, I find it funny how so many people now, (not just you everyone) get offended by just mentioning the word Japanese.

There's a HUGE distinction between mentioning the person id Japanese and saying 'All japanese are blah blah blah". Mentioning a person is of a certain culture is a description of them nothing more. If I said all Japanese are pricks, yes then I would slap myself.

There are differences in the world, you don't ignore them, you accept them.

Think of it like this: If an african american person committed a serious crime and you had to put out a bulletin, would you leave out the description and fact that he's African American?

Discrimination and such comes from generalization. Like I said their are good and bad Japanese players, just like their are good and bad English players, and their are good and bad Jamaican players. Am I mad at all Japanese WHM for the actions of this one? Hell no. But the description that he is japanese helps in the fact of when someone comes in contact with them.

Edited, Mon Oct 4 13:01:50 2004 by Greenfource
____________________________
Greenfource FFXI
Rydia Leonheart FFXIV
#8 Oct 04 2004 at 11:53 AM Rating: Excellent
***
1,742 posts
toyomoyo wrote:
IMHO it's his choice to raise you or not. I am sorry but this looks like a whining thread to me, not a warning thread.


I guess my view of a WHM differs then, maybe I'm alone. Like I said, through 70 levels of being a WHM I have never refused to raise someone in my line of sight. I thought this was a common practice among WHM but hey maybe I'm too idealistic, maybe I expect too much, maybe it hit a nerve because I am/was a WHM myself , I dunno. Please, if anyone feels that I am wrong on this subject please tell me.

If I am, if am expecting too much, I will drop this thread right now. But frankly, if I do have to drop this I personally will be saddened as what some things have come to be.

Edited, Mon Oct 4 13:03:20 2004 by Greenfource
____________________________
Greenfource FFXI
Rydia Leonheart FFXIV
#9 Oct 04 2004 at 12:12 PM Rating: Excellent
**
431 posts
Intelligent debate. I love it. =D


Quote:
aethyal. First, that thread is basically a flame fest right now, (not saying another wouldn't be). I understand what you are saying though.

I hope that we all agree, flame fest or not, you may still use a thread as the title suggests. If you were afraid of having your post lost in the sea of idiocy, then I can certainly understand the need for a new thread. That being said, there is still no excuse to title it "Japanese Player Warning".

Quote:
Second, I find it funny how so many people now, (not just you everyone) get offended by just mentioning the word Japanese

I didn't get, nor am I, offended by your post or the word "Japanese". To offend me is to cause me "displeasure, anger, resentment, or wounded feelings" according to dictionary.com. I was only expressing my feelings toward individuals, such as yourself, that feel it's neccessary to seperate JP players from NA players. Where is the line drawn?

Quote:
Think of it like this: If an african american person committed a serious crime and you had to put out a bulletin, would you leave out the description and fact that he's African American?

Absolutely not. Posting in a "Bad Player" thread about a JP player you met that wasn't a top notch person is perfectly acceptable. However, you have created an entire thread dedicated to bad JP players. The previous threads were never designated as NA only threads. If they were, I missed it and digress.

Don't get me wrong here, I have met my share of horrible JP players, mostly while mining or camping NM's. That doesn't give me the right to put them in a category of their own, set aside away from NA players. As mentioned in my previous post briefly, I wouldn't start a thread about bad Mexican players just because there are some. There are bad Caucasian players, African Americans, Mexicans, Indians, Canadians, Italians, French, Greeks, Romans, etc, etc, etc.

My point is that I, personally, don't feel it's right to segregate players (in thread form) based on their ethnicity. I don't feel there is anything wrong with your post, I appreciate the information about a bad player. I only disagree with the title of your thread.

Edit: Greenfource, I rated you up, btw, only for not replying with a "Well, you suck and I rule" type of reply. ^^


Edited, Mon Oct 4 13:14:06 2004 by aethyal
____________________________
"Some dumb quote."
#10 Oct 04 2004 at 12:22 PM Rating: Excellent
***
1,742 posts
Heh, I like a logical debate too ;)

Quote:
I hope that we all agree, flame fest or not, you may still use a thread as the title suggests. If you were afraid of having your post lost in the sea of idiocy, then I can certainly understand the need for a new thread. That being said, there is still no excuse to title it "Japanese Player Warning".


Yes, you're right, I should have included it in the post, and not the title.

Quote:
I didn't get, nor am I, offended by your post or the word "Japanese". To offend me is to cause me "displeasure, anger, resentment, or wounded feelings" according to dictionary.com. I was only expressing my feelings toward individuals, such as yourself, that feel it's neccessary to seperate JP players from NA players. Where is the line drawn?


I don't feel mentioning he's JP is separating us, merely describing the player itself. However, We do have to recognize that for the most part, we are different and we do have different values and beliefs.

From what it seems, basically if I take the title away (which I hope I could now) we wouldn't see much of a difference. For the thread title I apologize.
____________________________
Greenfource FFXI
Rydia Leonheart FFXIV
#11 Oct 04 2004 at 12:41 PM Rating: Decent
**
528 posts
Isn't most of the population speak either Japanese and/or English. Doesn't matter to me, just really interesting to read in a boring day of work.
____________________________
JMcWild, Remora, Bastok Rank 10
75RNG|75THF|75WAR|75MNK|75SAM|75NIN|68RDM|~~~
Cook-100|Wood-91|Alch-100|Bone-100

Carpenterbob Sandy Rank 6
75BLU 75COR 75BLM 75SCH

----------
WSNM 14/14 done
#12 Oct 04 2004 at 12:43 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
810 posts
I'm impressed by the maturity you both have shown. It's nice to see people discuss things without saying "STFU you NOOB before I own you" or something stupid like that. I agree with Aeth on the title but I do see where Green was coming from. WHM do not HAVE to raise everyone they see, but it IS good form. As a PLD I feel obligated help when I can with pulling mobs off those in trouble or giving a heal here and there, etc. It's part of the job description as far as I'm concerned, just like Green said raising is part of being a WHM.
____________________________
"A nobleman is made noble by birth, a man is made noble by deed."
#13 Oct 04 2004 at 2:47 PM Rating: Decent
**
431 posts
Back on topic..

I completely agree with you Greenfource. I spent the first 40 levels of my FFXI career as a WHM, and I have firm belief's when it comes to raises. The only time I will not raise a person I don't know (outside LS or not a friend) is when I'm in a party that is currently busy. If my party is having some downtime, and you're anywhere on the map, I'll go raise you. Not to mention being dead right in front of me.
____________________________
"Some dumb quote."
#14 Oct 04 2004 at 2:53 PM Rating: Decent
**
528 posts
I agree with the raising as whm, one of their duties if not in a party busy. One thing I have noticed that I don't believe is right is charging 500-5000gil+ for raises, which I have seen done before.
____________________________
JMcWild, Remora, Bastok Rank 10
75RNG|75THF|75WAR|75MNK|75SAM|75NIN|68RDM|~~~
Cook-100|Wood-91|Alch-100|Bone-100

Carpenterbob Sandy Rank 6
75BLU 75COR 75BLM 75SCH

----------
WSNM 14/14 done
#15 Oct 04 2004 at 3:53 PM Rating: Good
***
1,742 posts
Let me also add, that his reasoning for not raising me was because we had no white mage in my party (that disbanded). Let me say my defense of that is here:

Click Here
____________________________
Greenfource FFXI
Rydia Leonheart FFXIV
#16 Oct 05 2004 at 12:59 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
75 posts
You know, at first (to me anyways) the Japanese players were very friendly and helpful. What I want to know is...what happened along the way that pissed them off so bad. 90% of Japanese search comments read <Japanese> Ok! <Engilsh> X

Their newfound hatred started after PS2 release...is there a corrolation??

Edited, Tue Oct 5 02:00:25 2004 by Creegle
____________________________
Fayth of Diabolos

Whm/Smn
Fishing
Woodworking
#17 Oct 05 2004 at 8:59 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
810 posts
I donít think there has been a change in JP helpfulness, especially since I had a JP player help me get my AF1 (thanks again Katsuke) and he nearly died doing it, but was happy to help. I also wouldn't say it's rude to not want to play with a language barrier, especially in early areas when people need to learn their jobs. Like the JP WHM I was in a pt with who didn't understand that elementals aggro magic use. He got killed twice by a thunder elemental and I couldnít make him understand NOT to heal around it. Haven't seen this in the auto translate function:

<elemental> <beat you down with the quickness> <magic> <donít do your job> <healing>

Itís a fact that NA players have a bad rep. The JP players had been playing the game for some time before we even saw it. THEY had established the in-game etiquette and couldn't convey complicated messages to us through the auto-translate function. One misunderstanding led to another, which led to another, etc. In-game sociological inconsistencies are in keeping with our cultural differences and the language barriers as evidenced by some of the petty disagreements, which happen more often as more people come online. I personally donít care and will play with whomever but I still understand. Someone saying <NA> <players> <suck> <no invite for you> THEN I would have a problem. Good luck all.

Edit: downsized, I tend to ramble, thanks JM

Edited, Tue Oct 5 10:22:14 2004 by moultdog
____________________________
"A nobleman is made noble by birth, a man is made noble by deed."
#18 Oct 05 2004 at 9:05 AM Rating: Decent
**
528 posts
This JP person is shouting like mad in lower jeuno over the weekend about Promyvion missions and needing 2 members to complete his party/alliance.My conversation goes as follows.

Me: [Promyvion-Dem], [Promyvion-Holla], [Promyvion-Mea] [Team up?] [Yes, Please]

JP person: [Can You Speak Japanese?]
Me: [I Can Speak A Little] [Japanese], [Tab Key] ok?
JP person: [I'm Sorry] JP ONRY
Me: why?
JP person: [I'm Sorry]

I have no idea why someone seeking for 2 members, why they wouldn't take a non-jp speaking person. I have been in plenty of parties where I'm the only non-jp fluent speaking player.

-------------

Speaking of which, I log on Saturday morning around 10am, and I get a tell from a JP named Tough in japanese. my conversation goes as follows:

Tough: [types hiragana that I didn't get]
Me: ?
Tough: J P ?
Me: korean, english, jp sukoshi
Tough: Lets Dance!
Me: ok


He sends me an invite and we go exp, it was a fairly good setup.

BLM/WHM, RDM/WHM, BRD/WHM, NIN/WAR(Tough), RNG/NIN, THF/NIN(me)

A couple hours later I'm 2 levels higher than I was when I first logged in.


--------------

So one was a good experience where the JP wanted to make it work, the other one didn't want anyone but jp players.

well back to work. ; ;








____________________________
JMcWild, Remora, Bastok Rank 10
75RNG|75THF|75WAR|75MNK|75SAM|75NIN|68RDM|~~~
Cook-100|Wood-91|Alch-100|Bone-100

Carpenterbob Sandy Rank 6
75BLU 75COR 75BLM 75SCH

----------
WSNM 14/14 done
#19 Oct 05 2004 at 9:06 AM Rating: Decent
**
528 posts
moultdog wrote:
I donít think there has been a change in JP interaction, especially since I had a JP player help me get my AF1 (thanks again Katsuke) and he nearly died doing it, but was happy to help. I also wouldn't say it's rude to not want to play with a language barrier, especially in early areas when people need to learn their jobs. Like the JP WHM I was in a pt with who didn't understand that elementals aggro magic use. <elemental> <beat you down with the quickness> <magic> <donít do your job> <healing> Haven't seen that in the auto translate function. (Hmm, I think I just figured out a way to say that though, need to mess with the translator later, heh) He got killed twice by a thunder elemental and I couldnít make him understand NOT to heal around it. Itís a fact that NA players have a bad rep and I think I know a small reason why. The JP players had been playing the game for some time before we even saw it. THEY had established the in-game etiquette and, yet again, couldn't convey complicated messages to us through the auto-translate function. Then here we come, encroaching on ďtheirĒ game and not listening to instructions. One misunderstanding led to another, which led to another, etc. Not saying itís right or fare but Iíve seen it go both ways with people crying about JP players and refusing to pt with non-english speaking people. In-game sociological inconsistencies are in keeping with our language barriers and cultural differences as evidenced by some of the petty disagreements. Most of us assume that a player is JP when we see Asian text, when it could be Chinese or something else. Iím sure the UK players are often seen as NA players when people see their text too. I know I do. Obviously there is fault with BOTH parties. I wouldnít say anything has changed so much as there are just more people to deal with from more places. I personally donít care and will play with whomever. I donít know any JP players I could post a warning against and I apologize for getting off topic, this was more a response to Creegle/Fayth than the actual thread. Good luck all.



This looks like scrapple to me. I'm not gonna try to read this clump of words.
____________________________
JMcWild, Remora, Bastok Rank 10
75RNG|75THF|75WAR|75MNK|75SAM|75NIN|68RDM|~~~
Cook-100|Wood-91|Alch-100|Bone-100

Carpenterbob Sandy Rank 6
75BLU 75COR 75BLM 75SCH

----------
WSNM 14/14 done
#20 Oct 05 2004 at 1:09 PM Rating: Decent
49 posts
Every single japanese party i have been in has been horrible. I have been in about 7 parties with Japanese people in it and about everytime we go somewhere one of the mages decides he doesnt need sneak or invis when we actually do need it.

I had a WHM and BLM both JP the WHM got aggroed in the Tree by 4 crabs in the upper part, i slept them and then went by the BLM to escape us. He in turn casted Frost on one of the Crabs, for what reason escapes all reasoning to me. I could no longer sleep him because of the DOT. Needless to say, we all died.

I have had very similar experiences like this in all of my JP parties, including a NIN tank that evaded as many attacks as a PLD, he even had Scorpion Harness +1 and all that stuff, he still was a usless member.
____________________________
BRD 66 BLM 31 RNG 33 WHM 37
LS: Epidemic

#21 Oct 05 2004 at 1:17 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
810 posts
Man, that sucks Severd. I haven't had any experiences NEARLY that bad. Except for the WHM I mentioned earlier (who wasn't bad, just new and was a fine healer for the level) the only other "bad" experence that sticks out in my mind was a mage in the second jungle who we couldn't get to stay out of sleep range from the Mandies. I still got 2-3 levels out of that pt so it wasn't all that bad, I just had to keep casting cure on him to wake the pt up and it made the fights take longer.
____________________________
"A nobleman is made noble by birth, a man is made noble by deed."
#22 Oct 05 2004 at 1:58 PM Rating: Decent
**
528 posts
I do recall a bad jp whm. name is "Wowowow", we got into a little bit of trouble in western altepa exping off the beetles.
It was a 2 NA, 4 JP party.

Well our tank dies and the whm was told to teleport. He stands and just casts, cure after cure. Another person dies. Now everyone is low, the whm still doesn't even try to teleport. This is what he does, He uses Benediction and attempts to cast Teleport-Altep.

Well he did die as expected, 3 lived and 3 died. Well the 1 JP that was alive was spamming stuff across the screen at wowowow. I have no idea what he was saying. The funny thing was that this whm has reraise on. So after the 2 beetles left, which were following one of the people that lived, he reraised.

Shortly thereafter this person that was being followed by the 2 mobs, had 2 beetles and 1 Antican on him returned to the whm. The whm cast cure on this person, all the mobs went after whm. Well he died again. Now it's more funny that it was bad.

I'm going from memory, this is what I recall. I think Alissan was in my party, this was before she became sneaky and telling people stuff to just make her look good. Not 100% truth, some truth, some lies, but that doesn't matter now.

That's it for now. Back to work ; ;
____________________________
JMcWild, Remora, Bastok Rank 10
75RNG|75THF|75WAR|75MNK|75SAM|75NIN|68RDM|~~~
Cook-100|Wood-91|Alch-100|Bone-100

Carpenterbob Sandy Rank 6
75BLU 75COR 75BLM 75SCH

----------
WSNM 14/14 done
#23 Oct 05 2004 at 6:13 PM Rating: Decent
12 posts
<<<< died in one of those jp parties with Severd in boyada Tree
____________________________
Just Call me the The Truth
#24 Oct 06 2004 at 8:29 AM Rating: Decent
**
528 posts
Severd wrote:
Every single japanese party i have been in has been horrible. I have been in about 7 parties with Japanese people in it and about everytime we go somewhere one of the mages decides he doesnt need sneak or invis when we actually do need it.


You must have been in the "I dunno what the freak I'm doing(in japanese)" parties.
____________________________
JMcWild, Remora, Bastok Rank 10
75RNG|75THF|75WAR|75MNK|75SAM|75NIN|68RDM|~~~
Cook-100|Wood-91|Alch-100|Bone-100

Carpenterbob Sandy Rank 6
75BLU 75COR 75BLM 75SCH

----------
WSNM 14/14 done
#25 Oct 06 2004 at 10:11 AM Rating: Decent
***
1,029 posts
Quote:
moultdog wrote:

I donít think there has been a change in JP interaction, especially since I had a JP player help me get my AF1 (thanks again Katsuke) and he nearly died doing it, but was happy to help. I also wouldn't say it's rude to not want to play with a language barrier, especially in early areas when people need to learn their jobs. Like the JP WHM I was in a pt with who didn't understand that elementals aggro magic use. <elemental> <beat you down with the quickness> <magic> <donít do your job> <healing> Haven't seen that in the auto translate function. (Hmm, I think I just figured out a way to say that though, need to mess with the translator later, heh) He got killed twice by a thunder elemental and I couldnít make him understand NOT to heal around it. Itís a fact that NA players have a bad rep and I think I know a small reason why. The JP players had been playing the game for some time before we even saw it. THEY had established the in-game etiquette and, yet again, couldn't convey complicated messages to us through the auto-translate function. Then here we come, encroaching on ďtheirĒ game and not listening to instructions. One misunderstanding led to another, which led to another, etc. Not saying itís right or fare but Iíve seen it go both ways with people crying about JP players and refusing to pt with non-english speaking people. In-game sociological inconsistencies are in keeping with our language barriers and cultural differences as evidenced by some of the petty disagreements. Most of us assume that a player is JP when we see Asian text, when it could be Chinese or something else. Iím sure the UK players are often seen as NA players when people see their text too. I know I do. Obviously there is fault with BOTH parties. I wouldnít say anything has changed so much as there are just more people to deal with from more places. I personally donít care and will play with whomever. I donít know any JP players I could post a warning against and I apologize for getting off topic, this was more a response to Creegle/Fayth than the actual thread. Good luck all.


i have played with everyone race,sex it doesent matter to me.if you want to party im there(im a xp hog) now the first 2 weeks i played this game 90% of the partys i had at least 1 person was a jap.

most of them were cool i learned the differance in how na and jap play the game. one thing i noticed is jap love to gamble(there lot happy) which doesnt bother me a bit. if you lot im loting (ONLY when its a non important item i.e a money maker) the other thing i learned was there not in a hurry they waited till all peeps mp was full and just played it safe they did nt care about chains or wb nothing it was all a easy ride.

matter o fact me and a jap sat in the maze for about 5 hours using the translator and his samll english vocabulary to teach me jap and me to teach im english.

it just goes to show you that theres noobs in NA and JP. they are having to learn about us and us about them. im not saying there all GODS or NOOBS. being able to talk to your party and everyone understand whats being said is the key to the hole thing
but some understand but could care less what is said to. bad players are everywere(sometimes its not the player its there out of the job grove as well)

____________________________
MEGATRON
85DRG-85RDM-85SMN-85BST-85BLM
85PLD-85SAM-85BLU-85RNG
BLU SPELL COUNT 100%
Trophy Case = http://megafreakintron.webs.com/mytrophycase.htm
DM[x]Rank 10[x]Sea[x]Sky[x]moon[x]Floor 100[x]
360 Gammertag = MEGAFREAKINTRON
Nyzul Isle Weaponskill Count [9]
#26 Oct 06 2004 at 12:07 PM Rating: Decent
3 posts
... green.. u never refuse to raise other does not mean that what you doing is right.

let say when you lvling with your party, you need to respect to your own group. Even someone die next by you, you shouldnt raise him/her since it will affect your own pt.

Think you just want someone give you a bow after raise and remember your name to satisfy yourself, but it is not alright.

addition.. people have no respect to whm, see how they push the price on raise3?.. I am whm too,i do refuse raise call a lot.
#27 Oct 06 2004 at 12:22 PM Rating: Decent
**
528 posts
iwatchav wrote:
let say when you lvling with your party, you need to respect to your own group. Even someone die next by you, you shouldnt raise him/her since it will affect your own pt.


Man you must have some iron balls if you see someone in the party in visible range die and not raise them. Me personally if I were the whm, I would finish the chain and then go raise. Now if this person were really far away where it was inconvenient to get to in a minute or two, I wouldn't go. Now this would hinder your exp as well as your party's exp.

iwatchav wrote:
addition.. people have no respect to whm, see how they push the price on raise3?.. I am whm too,i do refuse raise call a lot.


It's all supply and demand. On Diabolos the demand for Raise III is higher as more WHM's reach that 70 mark. But it seems there aren't that many Raise III scrolls available so the price goes up.

This is the same for everything, it's not just raise III for whm. I remember shortly after I started this game and made it to jeuno, the price on Strider boots were hovering around 3 million. Now they are 5-6 million I believe, people that get them usually use them for themselves and not sell on AH. So the demand is there, but not many selling them. Hence the price goes up and up.





Edited, Wed Oct 6 13:24:57 2004 by JMcWild
____________________________
JMcWild, Remora, Bastok Rank 10
75RNG|75THF|75WAR|75MNK|75SAM|75NIN|68RDM|~~~
Cook-100|Wood-91|Alch-100|Bone-100

Carpenterbob Sandy Rank 6
75BLU 75COR 75BLM 75SCH

----------
WSNM 14/14 done
#28 Oct 06 2004 at 12:41 PM Rating: Good
***
1,742 posts
iwatchav wrote:

let say when you lvling with your party, you need to respect to your own group. Even someone die next by you, you shouldnt raise him/her since it will affect your own pt.


The moment I see everything in terms of exp and not in terms of being nice is the moment I stop playing this game. If my party has a problem with this, then I have a problem with my party. A quick loss in 100exp is not the end of the world. It's the equivalant of a quick AFK, taken many times in party situations.

iwatchav wrote:
Think you just want someone give you a bow after raise and remember your name to satisfy yourself, but it is not alright.


If you know me in game, I'm a very quiet guy, I don't talk too much. I don't do things for attention I do them because they are the right thing to do.


Quote:
By: iwatchav
1 posts
Score: Decent [3.00]


Your a smart guy posting under another name with this opinion.
____________________________
Greenfource FFXI
Rydia Leonheart FFXIV
#29 Oct 06 2004 at 12:42 PM Rating: Good
***
1,742 posts
iwatchav wrote:

let say when you lvling with your party, you need to respect to your own group. Even someone die next by you, you shouldnt raise him/her since it will affect your own pt.


The moment I see everything in terms of exp and not in terms of being nice is the moment I stop playing this game. If my party has a problem with this, then I have a problem with my party. A quick loss in 100exp is not the end of the world. It's the equivalant of a quick AFK, taken many times in party situations.

iwatchav wrote:
Think you just want someone give you a bow after raise and remember your name to satisfy yourself, but it is not alright.


If you know me in game, I'm a very quiet guy, I don't talk too much. I don't do things for attention I do them because they are the right thing to do.


Quote:
By: iwatchav
1 posts
Score: Decent [3.00]


Your a smart guy posting under another name with this opinion.
____________________________
Greenfource FFXI
Rydia Leonheart FFXIV
#30 Oct 06 2004 at 2:22 PM Rating: Decent
*
125 posts
I don't mind Japanese people and a few dickheads on my LS are racist and constantly talk sh*t about them. The only problem I have with some of them is when they seek party they put in their search comment "JP PT ONLY" or "English, "Thanks for the offer but I'll have to pass" "English "Too weak" JP PT ONLY"
That sh*t pisses me off and it's not like I can actually say something because the auto transalotor doesn't include a lot of basic words to make someone understand.

I also hate two people named Laocha and Bavd who may be Japenese. If you don't know them they camp Morion worm 24/7 because they're gilsellers. I don't like gilsellers to begin with but theres a difference between strategy and being a dickhead. As there are 6 spawn points for Morion worm it was only me at one and Bavd at another. After this idiot realizes that it's only me and him he follows me everywhere I go because he has flee. Meaning I'll stand next to one and in 15 minutes he'll see that it's not there and just flee. Even if it hasn't been 15 mins I'll move like 20 feet look on my radar and watch him follow me. Now I'm not even sure if they're JP but they really piss me off. So I personally took a trip down there last night and made fun of their gear and how bad they suck at this game.

That wasn't necessary but had to get that off my chest ^_~
____________________________
Crone
Diabolos
DRK75/THF37
LS: Papajohns

http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?54671

Title: Kirin Captivator

#31 Oct 06 2004 at 2:41 PM Rating: Decent
**
528 posts
CronoClone wrote:
The only problem I have with some of them is when they seek party they put in their search comment "JP PT ONLY" or "English, "Thanks for the offer but I'll have to pass" "English "Too weak" JP PT ONLY"

That sh*t pisses me off and it's not like I can actually say something because the auto transalotor doesn't include a lot of basic words to make someone understand.


Well it all depends. Lets say for example your level 42Thf and have 5 members, 41whm/blm, 40blm/whm, 42nin/war, 42Rng/Nin...At this point a bard or rdm will do.

You do a search you a few potential candidates.

1. One method will probably not work on JPs that list "JP PT ONLY" which is /tell "JPPerson" [Party?][Crawler's Nest]?

The following is the method I use and I have gotten people that say JP ONLY in their comments.

2. /tell "JPPerson" [Party?][Team Up?] lvl40-42 [member]=5
The most common responses I've gotten are:

a.) JPPerson: [I'm sorry, I'm playing solo]
You: [Thank you][See you again]
just move to the next person

b.) JPPerson: [Can you speak Japanese?]
You: [I Can Speak A little][Japanese], [Tab Key] ok?
They are either in or out here

c.) JPPerson: [I Don't Understand][English]
You: No [English]=Ok, [Party?]
Again they are either in or out.
Sometimes they just respond with a No [English] ok?
As long as you say ok, they are in.

That's all that comes to mind.

Hope this helps.









____________________________
JMcWild, Remora, Bastok Rank 10
75RNG|75THF|75WAR|75MNK|75SAM|75NIN|68RDM|~~~
Cook-100|Wood-91|Alch-100|Bone-100

Carpenterbob Sandy Rank 6
75BLU 75COR 75BLM 75SCH

----------
WSNM 14/14 done
#32 Oct 06 2004 at 2:47 PM Rating: Decent
*
125 posts
Yeah I hear you JMC. I've also tried what you're saying I usually start it off like this.

Hello! Party? Valley of Sorrows? in auto transalator of course but they always say "Thank's for the offer but I'll have to pass". Also when I try to get a JP person's attention I usually name the lineup in my party which is almost always thf, drk, whm, rdm, blm, pld or when I start a pt that's how it is. Even when I /t them with that they still give me "JP PT only" with the occasional "I don't speak any english OK?" and I respond with "OK ^^" and they come but that's 1/10 :(.
____________________________
Crone
Diabolos
DRK75/THF37
LS: Papajohns

http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?54671

Title: Kirin Captivator

#33 Oct 06 2004 at 5:58 PM Rating: Decent
3 posts
JMcWild wrote:
Man you must have some iron balls if you see someone in the party in visible range die and not raise them. Me personally if I were the whm, I would finish the chain and then go raise. Now if this person were really far away where it was inconvenient to get to in a minute or two, I wouldn't go. Now this would hinder your exp as well as your party's exp.



I just mean there is nothing right or wrong to raise or leave a dead body there. It is whm's own choice. you cannot blame on someone who dont raise you. What the heck you know that whm is currently doing?


JMcWild wrote:

It's all supply and demand. On Diabolos the demand for Raise III is higher as more WHM's reach that 70 mark. But it seems there aren't that many Raise III scrolls available so the price goes up.

This is the same for everything, it's not just raise III for whm. I remember shortly after I started this game and made it to jeuno, the price on Strider boots were hovering around 3 million. Now they are 5-6 million I believe, people that get them usually use them for themselves and not sell on AH. So the demand is there, but not many selling them. Hence the price goes up and up.


boy, i am not talking about your show off equip. I am talking about raise3.. you paid that 800k to help people out, you have no direct benefit on it. will you make 800k's meat chiefkabob to help other players out there? lol

#34 Oct 06 2004 at 6:08 PM Rating: Decent
3 posts
The Honorable Greenfource wrote:

The moment I see everything in terms of exp and not in terms of being nice is the moment I stop playing this game. If my party has a problem with this, then I have a problem with my party. A quick loss in 100exp is not the end of the world. It's the equivalant of a quick AFK, taken many times in party situations.


oh, yea. 100xp is not a lot. 2400xp is not a lot too, why dont u back to hompoint? it is not the end of the world.. why dont u accept raise1? it is not the end of the world.

respect to your own party.



The Honorable Greenfource wrote:

If you know me in game, I'm a very quiet guy, I don't talk too much. I don't do things for attention I do them because they are the right thing to do.




I dont know you in game, but you did talk a lot in forum, and not quiet at all.



#35 Oct 06 2004 at 7:19 PM Rating: Default
Redmale


Redmale isnt japanese. He is chinese. That is why he is lvl 50 and rank 1. He doesn't understand this game. However, you said he steals your NM's? Is that true?
____________________________
"In that case, a quasi-semi-pseudo-RACK is yours!"-Totem 3rd RACK for me

Yeah, I don't think we killed enough Iraqi children. Time to start killing some of our own.- Smasharoo
#36 Oct 08 2004 at 7:43 AM Rating: Decent
**
281 posts
In close to a year of playing this game. I've met a few bad apples. I don't have their names though. I'm pretty sure this character is Chinese and I don't like her one bit, Redgirl. She likes to train mobs at NM sites and the such. In addition to that, she watched me refresh myself and five seconds later asked me for a Warp II. Jebus Chrisp lady...

There are several really good Japanese players to look for. Littlenice, who helped me get SAM, DRG, gave me 10,000 gil (so i could get a world pass for my friends to join), and even made me a bee spatha +1. He continues to help me this very day with things like crafting. We talk about movies and culture and what his life is like being in medical school. A very good relationship, and a great friend.

Rize and Kupo are just incredible individuals. They each belong to Dice. While neither speak english very well, they never are too busy to listen to some engrish banter and take their time to translate what I'm saying and send back a translated response. Rize is also what I consider to be the best tank on the entire server.

Sorry this is so long, I like to talk...
____________________________
http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?57963

NIN 69,RDM 53,DRG 37,WAR 35,BLM 33,RNG 25
Bastok: Rank 8
Ninja AF:6/6
Red Mage AF:3/6
Woodworking 71,Alchemy 30,etc.
Big ups to HP.
~Izual
#38 Oct 17 2004 at 1:40 AM Rating: Decent
16 posts
I've seen the Dice linkshell befoe.. i wonder what it's like?
____________________________
Character : Luminos : Diabolos ^^ ( level 30)
Genesis: Valefor (level 10)
Lunatone : Titan (level 8)
This forum is read only
This Forum is Read Only!
Recent Visitors: 9 All times are in CDT
Anonymous Guests (9)