First of all, i never directly accused you of botting Draken, i just can't understand why you defend botting in this game and say it can't harm anyone.
Shall i give a few examples?
1) The drops have changed, but not too long ago it was almost impossible to get O.Kote, Fuma Kyahan, Monster Signa, Thief's Knife etc, cause the NMs were camped by RMT bots Luckily SE changed the drops to Rare/Ex. Or the infamous botted Ulikummi spawns before his pop conditions were changed? How did this not harm normal players who wanted the respective equipment?
2) Botting Morbolger for the brown belt item. How did this not harm normal MNKs who wanted to finish the quest?
3) Choco digging bots. After a few digs, a zone is empty. Normal choco diggers have it much harder to dig anything up. Additionally, due to the bots the fatigue limit for digging was set to 100 or 200 i think - result: It now takes at least a year to get the highest digging rank. How did this not harm normal players?
4) The notorious fishing bots. You might not know this, but a zone can be fished empty too. After a while you can't catch anything anymore. You have no chance to pull up stuff as fast as the fishbots, or being able to select what you want to pull up exactly. Fishing Fatigue sucks too, after 200 fish you have to wait for next JP day to be able to fish again. This was implemented due to fishbots. How did this not harm the normal fishermen?
5) Pos-hacking mining bots in Ifrit's Cauldron, Mount Zhayolm, Halvung etc. Players were not being able to mine anything, cause the mining bots pos hacked from one mining point to another, leaving the normal miners who had to dodge aggro nothing at all. How did this not harm the normal players who wanted to mine for some money?
6) King Arthro is still botted for the Velocious belt. How does this not harm other players who want this belt?
7) Synthing bot. Obviously, you are NOT crafting. Obviously you are not trying to craft stuff and sell it for profit. Have you ever tried it? In many cases friends ask me to synth stuff for them, and most of the time (if they don't want signed stuff) i say: go to AH, it is cheaper than synthing it. in 90% of the cases, you make a loss if you NQ. Tell me, how do you want to compete with a crafting but that churns out Sole Sushi 24/7, getting its ingredients from other fishing bots. The crafting bot has no expenses, and they can synth all day. I bet you, you can't even stand synthing 2 hours or 3 hours, that stuff gets boring. So how does this not harm the normal crafters.
See, there are your examples that you wanted how botting harms me. Also notice that i didn't even get into HNM botting.
It is not about competition like you suspected, and not about being outclaimed. It is about being outclaimed by a bot, that stood afk at the other end of the zone, and suddenly came to life when the NM spawns, warps across the room and instant-claims. Yeah, totally fun, doesn't harm me. Nope.
Please just don't defend botting, because it doesn't harm you or because your friends bot/LS bots. Concerning your FFXIApp example: I had a friend who was in Whirling Wind who quit. He showed me a screenshot where he used some tool or plugin to remove the darters at Fafnir camp. I told him he's an @#%^ for botting. I was not: Oh you're cool and we chat over ICQ so it is ok you're botting. At least he had a bad conscience about it. No i didn't tell him to leave me alone, i still talked to him, and he is a cool guy in RL. But that doesn't mean i have to accept his botting. Yes, i don't repect people INGAME who bot or buy gil. For whatever reason.
If everyone can have a Relic, or a ridill, it would defeat the purpose of making the item. Me as well as other people like to be the best but to be able to Be distinguished from other ppl by just observing rare gear that hardly no one has.
This in some people eyes is in a way is being superior.
If i monopolize something, guess what that is? ^
Honestly, if you want to be proud because your LS botted a sword for you, that's cool. I am rather proud that i accomplished a lot in this game without the support of a big HNM LS.
I distinguish myself from others by having almost all quests in this game completed, have almost all maps, have some rare titles, have a craft at 100, i QUESTED Lu Shang (meaning i fished up 10,000 carps).
See, not for everyone in this game it is all about having the super pimp best equipment. If it is the way you enjoy your game, by meriting all day and camping HNM and getting nice and good drops from them, it is all well if you do that. I won't walk up to you and say: HNM camping is boring sh*t, meriting is boring, don't do it, all HNM campers are losers or whatever.
But please accept that my way of enjoying this game is not in doing endgame, meriting and HNM, and don't say stuff like you are superior to me or a better player cause your LS bots Fafnir or zergs Dynamis Lord in 12 nanoseconds.
Don't think you are better than the other player cause he doesn't have Adaman Hauberk or Crimson Cuisses. Respect others, and you get respected.
Long post indeed ^-^ Edited, Jun 12th 2008 9:50am by Choracco