Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

How is Carbuncle?Follow

#1 Dec 21 2007 at 3:59 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
****
4,864 posts
Well I'm transferring from Siren to one of a handful of other servers tonight.
Carbuncle is one I'm considering at the top two. Could anyone with some longer historical knowledge of the server answer a few questions, if you'd be so kind?

Is it heavily JP or a good balance of NA, EU and JP?

Do the endgame shells hate each other, or work together?

Are dynamis zones heavily contested on all night?

Is cheating pretty rampant?

Most importantly are the people nice?
____________________________
Carbuncle


#2 Dec 21 2007 at 8:09 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
****
4,864 posts
Well I transferred to your server. Looking forward to meeting some friendly faces.
____________________________
Carbuncle


#3 Dec 23 2007 at 12:07 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
418 posts
carbuncle blows.. sky/sea/hnm/dyna shells stick to themselves, and any and all drama has occured between people (pergo,chronis,etc) and linkshells (JL,skillz,etc)

but any server has it's ups n downs.. i like it here. but that's me.. as long as there are a few worthy people to associate with, i feel at home.

edit: changed one word, not noticeable.

Edited, Dec 23rd 2007 3:07am by Jiruu
____________________________
FFXIV (Wutai - Archer): Andarou Shun

FFXI (Carbuncle/Bahamut) + Various MMOs: Jiruu

www.jiveturkeyco.info --- z7.invisionfree.com/FFXI_Prophecy --- www.myspace.com/x_dazed
#4 Jan 01 2008 at 10:26 AM Rating: Good
Is it heavily JP or a good balance of NA, EU and JP?
It seems to be equally proportionate.

Do the endgame shells hate each other, or work together?
I'm not at Endgame so I honestly can't answer this question.

Are dynamis zones heavily contested on all night?
Same as above.

Is cheating pretty rampant?
Not as bad as it used to be.

Most importantly are the people nice?
Except for a few @#$%^, Carby is full of friendly and otherwise awesome people.
____________________________
Allegory wrote:
Speaking up is normal. People like to express their thoughts and feelings. When someone keeps quiet it is either because they do not have the time/concern to respond or that far more interesting thought processes are occurring in their head.
#5 Jan 03 2008 at 10:18 PM Rating: Default
Carbuncle pretty much sucks to dogsh*t, as far as drama and end-game LS goes and trying to get help for anything. People do not respect other players and there is always some punk-*** with no life that loves to think he/she is the sh*t. I played on carby for 4 years, and when i was able to transfer, i got the **** out of carby and went to Sylph. I got more things accomplished in Sylph in a week that would have taken me years in Carby. But that's just my experience.

However...besides all the crap i had to deal with in Carbuncle, i had some really great friends there and i did feel like home. So it just depends. It's kinda like moving to another city, your gonna get some ghettosh*t to deal with and your gonna get some goodtimes to enjoy.

But sadly, 90% of my friends there either quit playing ffxi or went to "that other game made by Blizzard". Although i kinda do like "that other game" to some extent....lol

Edited, Jan 4th 2008 12:18am by Gatubella
____________________________


#6 Jan 13 2008 at 9:11 PM Rating: Good
****
6,898 posts
Quote:
Well I transferred to your server. Looking forward to meeting some friendly faces


Good lord... you're here now? I better transfer again. =P

j/k, if you are looking for a good endgame shell, check out frenzyls.com

as for endgame... most shells don't like each other, but are tolerant.

It's more JP than NA I'd say.

Good economy.

Good people so far I'd say.

Welcome to the neighborhood!
____________________________
Bartel Hayward--- Ultros Server
The Kraken Club <ZAM>
50 WAR • 50 MNK • 50 MIN • 50 GSM • 50 ARM • 50 LTW • 50 CUL • 50 WVR
thekrakenclub.shivtr.com
#7 Jan 14 2008 at 3:58 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
****
4,864 posts
BartelX wrote:
Quote:
Well I transferred to your server. Looking forward to meeting some friendly faces


Good lord... you're here now? I better transfer again. =P

j/k, if you are looking for a good endgame shell, check out frenzyls.com

as for endgame... most shells don't like each other, but are tolerant.

It's more JP than NA I'd say.

Good economy.

Good people so far I'd say.

Welcome to the neighborhood!


Wow, you're on Carbuncle too? I never knew you left Siren. Frenzy did look very good but I don't have any jobs levelled that I believe they are interested in. Foodmonsters looked good too, but again I don't believe they are even recruiting. I think I'm going to head back to Siren in 2 more months. There are too many JP on Carbuncle for my liking. Almost wish I could pick an English only server.
____________________________
Carbuncle


#8 Jan 17 2008 at 3:54 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
38 posts
TheBarrister wrote:
BartelX wrote:
Quote:
Well I transferred to your server. Looking forward to meeting some friendly faces


Good lord... you're here now? I better transfer again. =P

j/k, if you are looking for a good endgame shell, check out frenzyls.com

as for endgame... most shells don't like each other, but are tolerant.

It's more JP than NA I'd say.

Good economy.

Good people so far I'd say.

Welcome to the neighborhood!


Wow, you're on Carbuncle too? I never knew you left Siren. Frenzy did look very good but I don't have any jobs levelled that I believe they are interested in. Foodmonsters looked good too, but again I don't believe they are even recruiting. I think I'm going to head back to Siren in 2 more months. There are too many JP on Carbuncle for my liking. Almost wish I could pick an English only server.


Frenzy is recruiting and we'll probably take your job. :)

As Bartel said, just check the website and give it a whirl. If you're not half bad we'll take you.

As for JP dominated server, yes we are but can't do much about it. If you do decide to stay on Carbuncle, check us out.

Edit: Oh and you said you were looking for Salvage. We also do that and we'll take you along if you want.

Edited, Jan 17th 2008 6:55pm by Tsutsumiko
____________________________
Tsutsumiko
Carbuncle
#9 Jan 18 2008 at 12:38 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
2,232 posts
Both of you are here now? O.o

There isn't enough room on Carbuncle for this many THFs. :P

Actually there's plenty of room (also a LOT of THFs on Carbuncle), and I won't be taking any possible HNM slots away from you--I have yet to find an HNM ls on Carbuncle that allows for a flexible schedule and isn't run by kids.....though I get the impression that isn't an exclusively Carbuncle phenomenon. ^^

....and FYI, Carbuncle has as many THFs running around 100% of the time in HS/TK as any other server.

Edited, Jan 18th 2008 3:40pm by SKSmokes
#10 Jan 18 2008 at 8:37 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
****
4,864 posts
SKSmokes wrote:
Both of you are here now? O.o

There isn't enough room on Carbuncle for this many THFs. :P

Actually there's plenty of room (also a LOT of THFs on Carbuncle), and I won't be taking any possible HNM slots away from you--I have yet to find an HNM ls on Carbuncle that allows for a flexible schedule and isn't run by kids.....though I get the impression that isn't an exclusively Carbuncle phenomenon. ^^

....and FYI, Carbuncle has as many THFs running around 100% of the time in HS/TK as any other server.

Edited, Jan 18th 2008 3:40pm by SKSmokes


Hehe yeah my surprise Bartel was here too. Sadly, even though Frenzy looks like a **** good, kick a$$ shell, I'd be lieing if I said I could make more than 1/4 of the events.

Nice to see some of you folks I have known for years from here on the buncle.
____________________________
Carbuncle


#11 Jan 19 2008 at 11:35 PM Rating: Default
21 posts
wowsers
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 3 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (3)