Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

Forum upgrade - Public beta previewFollow

#152 Jun 25 2011 at 1:40 PM Rating: Good
Unforkgettable
*****
13,246 posts
One other thing is the preview for a post from an ignored poster. Instead of cutting off when the text reaches the boundaries of the forum, it appears to be including entirely too much text, up to an entire paragraph.
____________________________
Banh
#153 Jun 25 2011 at 1:44 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
2,346 posts
Uglysasquatch wrote:
At the top of a thread, when you mouse over the links to the forums you're in, it will produce a pop up of the other forums under that same heading. Either get rid of that, or add it to the bottom as well as it's useless at the top of the thread when there's a link back to the forum at the bottom of the thread as well.


JerekDain wrote:
This is because it would be cut off very quickly. In a future update to our path/breadcrumb system we may be able to enable dropdowns there.


EDIT: To clarify, that's in response to adding them to the bottom links.



Edited, Jun 25th 2011 2:45pm by Hyolith
#154 Jun 25 2011 at 3:20 PM Rating: Good
Guru
Avatar
*****
10,615 posts
Attempted setting a few of the stock avatars. And while I'd get a green outline on whichever I selected within the menus, clicking save just bumps me back to the No Avatar image and nothing carrying on to other posts.

Edit: Or the avatar can show when I post. Does that perhaps mean changes aren't retroactive?

Edited, Jun 25th 2011 5:21pm by Seriha
#155 Jun 25 2011 at 3:29 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
****
6,235 posts
It may have been covered, but you guys need to update http://www.zam.com/premium.html now Smiley: grin


Also I keep clicking on 'report' instead of 'reply'. This may be concurrent with other users.

Edited, Jun 25th 2011 2:51pm by Raelix
____________________________
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Airships on fire off the shoulder of Bahamut. I watched Scapula Beams glitter in the dark near the Three Mage Gate...

Nilatai wrote:
Vlorsutes wrote:
There's always...not trolling him?

You're new here, aren't you?
#156 Jun 25 2011 at 3:52 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
768 posts
I know I saw it mentioned here once already, but I can't find the exact post to quote. I'd like to second the person who said the embedded YouTube videos were too large, Shaving some size off would be awesome, if possible. They're quite huge and eyesore-ish as they are now. I have nothing against the embedded videos and don't feel the need to disable them fully, just wish they were smaller.
#157 Jun 25 2011 at 3:59 PM Rating: Good
Drunken English Bastard
*****
15,263 posts
Dread Lörd Kaolian wrote:
shintasama wrote:
Do non-premiums get img folders or are we stuck piggybacking on premium member's folders lolgaxe?


I think the intent is to give non premiums image upload folders, but possibly with a cap on the size of the upload folder. I'm not certain that will be ready at launch.

So, can I have my old images back? :3
____________________________
My Movember page
Solrain wrote:
WARs can use semi-colons however we want. I once killed a guy with a semi-colon.

LordFaramir wrote:
ODESNT MATTER CAUSE I HAVE ALCHOLOL IN MY VEINGS BETCH ;3
#158 Jun 25 2011 at 4:08 PM Rating: Good
******
43,650 posts
Started By name needs to be bold. Possibly small, but certainly bold.

Edited, Jun 25th 2011 6:08pm by lolgaxe
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#159 Jun 25 2011 at 5:05 PM Rating: Excellent
Gurue
*****
16,288 posts
Dread Lörd Kaolian wrote:
shintasama wrote:
Do non-premiums get img folders or are we stuck piggybacking on premium member's folders lolgaxe?


I think the intent is to give non premiums image upload folders, but possibly with a cap on the size of the upload folder. I'm not certain that will be ready at launch.

It must not be ready because I was going to upload one and I can't. I also can't seem to find the images I had uploaded from when I used to have premium. Kao, stop eating my images. Smiley: mad
#160 Jun 25 2011 at 6:09 PM Rating: Good
Soulless Internet Tiger
******
34,681 posts
Hyolith wrote:
Uglysasquatch wrote:
At the top of a thread, when you mouse over the links to the forums you're in, it will produce a pop up of the other forums under that same heading. Either get rid of that, or add it to the bottom as well as it's useless at the top of the thread when there's a link back to the forum at the bottom of the thread as well.


JerekDain wrote:
This is because it would be cut off very quickly. In a future update to our path/breadcrumb system we may be able to enable dropdowns there.


EDIT: To clarify, that's in response to adding them to the bottom links.



Edited, Jun 25th 2011 2:45pm by Hyolith
Right, so it's useless as 2 inches above it is the regular drop down menu.


Ok, not completely useless as I typically only use 2 forums and they're both under the same heading so i can avoid that horrific drop down menu previously used.
____________________________
Donate. One day it could be your family.
Need a hotel at a great rate? More hotels being added weekly.

An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come. Victor Hugo

#161 Jun 25 2011 at 6:18 PM Rating: Good
Soulless Internet Tiger
******
34,681 posts
Out of curiosity, is this new forum the reason this place has been loading horribly lately, or am I the only one dealing with that the last few weeks?
____________________________
Donate. One day it could be your family.
Need a hotel at a great rate? More hotels being added weekly.

An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come. Victor Hugo

#162 Jun 25 2011 at 6:38 PM Rating: Good
*****
16,958 posts
Not sure if it's been said already, but the "Quote" checkbox should work with Quick Reply.
____________________________
MyAnimeList FFXIV Krystal Spoonless
#163 Jun 25 2011 at 6:41 PM Rating: Good
Kirby the Eccentric wrote:
Not sure if it's been said already, but the "Quote" checkbox should work with Quick Reply.
How much do you need, you ingrate?
____________________________
Edited, Mar 21st 2011 2:14pm by Darqflame Lock Thread: Because Lubriderm is silly... ~ de geso

Almalieque wrote:
I know what a glory hole is, but I wasn't sure what the business part was in reference to.

My Anime List
#164 Jun 25 2011 at 7:07 PM Rating: Decent
******
21,717 posts
The mouseovers on thread titles and timestamps are **** annoying. At least put a 1 second delay on the mouseover or something. It's like hotspot mania trying to scroll through the thread list.
____________________________
R.I.P. Jessica M. 5/3/2010
This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.
gbaji wrote:
You guys keep tossing facts out there like they mean something.


#165 Jun 25 2011 at 7:18 PM Rating: Good
*****
16,958 posts
BrownDuck wrote:
The mouseovers on thread titles and timestamps are @#%^ing annoying. At least put a 1 second delay on the mouseover or something. It's like hotspot mania trying to scroll through the thread list.
I think you can turn those off, but I'm not sure.
Screenshot
____________________________
MyAnimeList FFXIV Krystal Spoonless
#166 Jun 25 2011 at 7:19 PM Rating: Good
******
43,650 posts
So now that it's live, any word on the separation of Avatars/Images and Youtube?

Also stop stealing my jorbs image folder.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#167 Jun 25 2011 at 7:23 PM Rating: Good
Unforkgettable
*****
13,246 posts
lolgaxe wrote:
So now that it's live, any word on the separation of Avatars/Images and Youtube?

Also stop stealing my jorbs image folder.
Yes, please. Perhaps you could just have a catch-all "block media" box at the top of the forums, with separate options in our user control panels to block the individual features.
____________________________
Banh
#168 Jun 25 2011 at 8:09 PM Rating: Decent
****
9,017 posts
The new features are awesome, but the scholar/sage/guru names in FFXI skin look absolutely horrible.
____________________________
クリスチアン・デュシェーヌ
栗栖治安
#169 Jun 25 2011 at 9:31 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
1,080 posts
I think it all looks pretty good.
Everybody else pointed out all the technical stuff, so I'll just go with the one personal dislike I have.
The name and title block which is centered is just off balance. Having the post (or the beginning of it) squeezed into the right corner just doesn't agree with my inner eye or something.
I don't think I've ever seen another forum with this type of set-up.
I'm probably the only one thinking this way, so I'll just blame whatever OCD is lurking in my back brain and call it a day.
____________________________
A reader lives a thousand lives, the man who never reads lives only one. - George R.R. Martin
#170 Jun 26 2011 at 1:48 AM Rating: Decent
It's Just a Flesh Wound
******
22,696 posts
Can we make the original post of every thread post #0 and have it count up from there? Having every page end in x51 x01 is weird. Plus it makes sense to count starting from 0 as a programmer. :3

Also, can we move to quote original to the right of the subject bar in the reply thing? It feels completely misplaced where it is currently.

Edited, Jun 26th 2011 3:50am by Deadgye
____________________________
Dear people I don't like: 凸(●´―`●)凸
#171 Jun 26 2011 at 4:22 AM Rating: Good
I still can't rate people up.
____________________________
Proudmoore US server:
Popina, 90 Priest
Digits, 86 Shaman
Thelesis, 85 Mage
Willowmei, 85 Druid
Necralita, 85 DK
Shrika, 72 Warlock
Jaquelle, 54 Paladin
Grakine, 32 Hunter
The MMO-Zam's FB group. Please message me first so I know who you are.
#172 Jun 26 2011 at 7:00 AM Rating: Excellent
Everyone's Oiran
Avatar
*****
15,921 posts
I'm really liking the changes a lot. Thanks guys! Obviously a LOT of work has gone into it.

The only change I would have made was put the down arrow (instead of the up rate arrow) next to the report button. Just thinking of the which way misclicks would go.
____________________________
<3

http://www.reddit.com/r/Forum4/
#173 Jun 26 2011 at 8:52 AM Rating: Good
Soulless Internet Tiger
******
34,681 posts
Aripyanfar wrote:
I'm really liking the changes a lot. Thanks guys! Obviously a LOT of work has gone into it.

The only change I would have made was put the down arrow (instead of the up rate arrow) next to the report button. Just thinking of the which way misclicks would go.
Something that would get reported is most likely to get rated down as well(if it were to get rated). If the arrows are going to be near the report button, in my opinion, they're in the right order.
____________________________
Donate. One day it could be your family.
Need a hotel at a great rate? More hotels being added weekly.

An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come. Victor Hugo

#174 Jun 26 2011 at 9:52 AM Rating: Good
****
7,806 posts
Still no Thread Index button at the top and bottom of the thread.
____________________________
People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome. ~River Tam

Sedao
#175 Jun 26 2011 at 10:53 AM Rating: Good
Wonder Gem PigtailsOfDoom wrote:
I still can't rate people up.
How patient have you been? I have to wait about a full minute from when I click an arrow to when the rate will take effect. After making one rate in a thread, however, any further ratings will take effect immediately (so long as it's the save visit to that thread).
____________________________
Edited, Mar 21st 2011 2:14pm by Darqflame Lock Thread: Because Lubriderm is silly... ~ de geso

Almalieque wrote:
I know what a glory hole is, but I wasn't sure what the business part was in reference to.

My Anime List
#176 Jun 26 2011 at 11:18 AM Rating: Decent
It's Just a Flesh Wound
******
22,696 posts
Kastigir wrote:
Still no Thread Index button at the top and bottom of the thread.


Orly? I see the "Site and Forum Feedback" pretty clearly on both the top and the bottom.
____________________________
Dear people I don't like: 凸(●´―`●)凸
#177 Jun 26 2011 at 12:18 PM Rating: Good
******
30,643 posts
Duke Ikkian wrote:
The new features are awesome, but the scholar/sage/guru names in FFXI skin look absolutely horrible.


Speaking of, on the zam.com skin, if you have a custom title, it doesn't display if you're scholar, sage, or guru.
#178 Jun 26 2011 at 12:49 PM Rating: Excellent
I'd like to see the report button and the quote button exchange places.

ALSO: Return the report button radiation symbol.
____________________________
Allegory wrote:
Bijou your art is exceptionally creepy. It seems like their should be something menacing about it, yet no such tone is present.
#179 Jun 26 2011 at 2:30 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
2,346 posts
Uglysasquatch wrote:
Hyolith wrote:
Uglysasquatch wrote:
At the top of a thread, when you mouse over the links to the forums you're in, it will produce a pop up of the other forums under that same heading. Either get rid of that, or add it to the bottom as well as it's useless at the top of the thread when there's a link back to the forum at the bottom of the thread as well.


JerekDain wrote:
This is because it would be cut off very quickly. In a future update to our path/breadcrumb system we may be able to enable dropdowns there.


EDIT: To clarify, that's in response to adding them to the bottom links.



Edited, Jun 25th 2011 2:45pm by Hyolith
Right, so it's useless as 2 inches above it is the regular drop down menu.


Ok, not completely useless as I typically only use 2 forums and they're both under the same heading so i can avoid that horrific drop down menu previously used.


Yeah it makes more sense to have it on the bottom than the top as I would probably be likely to change pages after I scroll to the bottom of the thread (if I don't have a reply).

I still don't see a huge distinction between posts and quotes on wow classic skin.
#180 Jun 26 2011 at 6:37 PM Rating: Excellent
Muggle@#%^er
Avatar
*****
19,794 posts
Can we get clarification on why Zam chose to add stars 5-7? Because I really can't find any reason for the change, but can find maaaaaany why it was a bad one.

1. It's always been a significant milestone for posters. Reaching 10k posts was something special (and there are only 85 posters to have done so). Your 10k ding was always something you put thought into, etc. Having the text replace a star was a significant part why that happened. A lot of the posts I remember from years ago are 10k ding posts. Getting another star just isn't special.

2. It's very closely related to the identity of these forums for a lot of us. In-game communities often used TFS as their reference. Frankly, if someone had asked me to give one thing I most connected with these forums, that might actually be it.

3. More stars are harder to see, and actually make the accomplishment of having more vastly less impressive. Even if the intent was to acknowledge more mile-markers, the influence made by looking at 6/7 stars is hardly more striking than looking at 5, despite requiring significant more investment. Especially since the stars are so large.

4. Joph lost his J.

____________________________
IDrownFish wrote:
Anyways, you all are horrible, @#%^ed up people

lolgaxe wrote:
Never underestimate the healing power of a massive dong.
#181 Jun 26 2011 at 7:29 PM Rating: Good
****
7,806 posts
Deadgye wrote:
Kastigir wrote:
Still no Thread Index button at the top and bottom of the thread.


Orly? I see the "Site and Forum Feedback" pretty clearly on both the top and the bottom.

You and me both, however in the past there was an actual "Thread Index" link that has now been eliminated. I personally, along with some others that have mentioned previously, would like to see this returned.
____________________________
People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome. ~River Tam

Sedao
#182 Jun 26 2011 at 7:30 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
821 posts
I have tried viewing the forums via mobile site and well..it sucks. It no longer wraps text so lots of dragging involved which makes reading posts annoying. =\

Device used: LG Ally default browser.
____________________________
VIVE LA RÉVOLUTION PONEY!
デーブは、ここではありません。
Urthdigger wrote:
First person view {You can have this.} I'm a galka and wore a subligar all the way to 50. You either learn to deal with it, or learn to enjoy the other party member's screams of agony.

Likibiki wrote:
I wish I could get parties of that standard. Sadly I seem to end up playing with myself all the time.

Signature Image
#183 Jun 27 2011 at 4:31 AM Rating: Good
Soulless Internet Tiger
******
34,681 posts
Kastigir wrote:
Deadgye wrote:
Kastigir wrote:
Still no Thread Index button at the top and bottom of the thread.


Orly? I see the "Site and Forum Feedback" pretty clearly on both the top and the bottom.

You and me both, however in the past there was an actual "Thread Index" link that has now been eliminated. I personally, along with some others that have mentioned previously, would like to see this returned.
Why, what's the difference if they both do the same thing? Don't just whine, give them a reason since what you're asking for, already exists, just through a differently named button.
____________________________
Donate. One day it could be your family.
Need a hotel at a great rate? More hotels being added weekly.

An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come. Victor Hugo

#184 Jun 27 2011 at 6:04 AM Rating: Good
Unforkgettable
*****
13,246 posts
Kastigir wrote:
Deadgye wrote:
Kastigir wrote:
Still no Thread Index button at the top and bottom of the thread.


Orly? I see the "Site and Forum Feedback" pretty clearly on both the top and the bottom.

You and me both, however in the past there was an actual "Thread Index" link that has now been eliminated. I personally, along with some others that have mentioned previously, would like to see this returned.
I don't understand the problem. What did Thread Index do that we no longer have available?
____________________________
Banh
#185 Jun 27 2011 at 6:12 AM Rating: Good
Soulless Internet Tiger
******
34,681 posts

Thread Index took you out of a thread and back to the forum you were in. Same thing that you can do now by following the forums link on the bottom left of the page now. Does same thing, but is called something different now.

Since they already have something that does the same thing, I think he should explain why we need the old one back ( if it were my site, that's what I'd expect from him anyway and I suspect, what he'd expect of someone else were it his forum). The only reason I can think of, would be that new people wouldn't know how to get out of a thread, but new people are also just as unlikely to understand that Thread Index does it as well.
____________________________
Donate. One day it could be your family.
Need a hotel at a great rate? More hotels being added weekly.

An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come. Victor Hugo

#186 Jun 27 2011 at 6:20 AM Rating: Good
Screenshot
.
____________________________
Edited, Mar 21st 2011 2:14pm by Darqflame Lock Thread: Because Lubriderm is silly... ~ de geso

Almalieque wrote:
I know what a glory hole is, but I wasn't sure what the business part was in reference to.

My Anime List
#187 Jun 27 2011 at 8:16 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
2,346 posts
Admiral Niknar wrote:
I have tried viewing the forums via mobile site and well..it sucks. It no longer wraps text so lots of dragging involved which makes reading posts annoying. =\

Device used: LG Ally default browser.


I believe this was purposely done this way for now since they were having issues with avatars going all wonky so for the time being they had to extend to viewing area to help right the images. They said they should be working on it though.
#188 Jun 27 2011 at 9:08 AM Rating: Decent
It's Just a Flesh Wound
******
22,696 posts
Is "posting from" deliberately gone forever, or is it more of a "Whoops.. forgot about that" thing.

Edited, Jun 27th 2011 11:08am by Deadgye
____________________________
Dear people I don't like: 凸(●´―`●)凸
#189 Jun 27 2011 at 9:13 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
**
748 posts
It's been moved to the General tab of your user profile.
____________________________
Kaolian wrote:
After a horrific accident involving a radioactive housecat, Davejohnsan becomes “THE CAT YODALER!” By day, mild mannered veterinary supplies salesmen, but by night, daemon feline scourge of the swiss alps! Swiss cheese production falls sharply in the first quarter as lack of sleep slowly drives everyone in Switzerland insane
#190 Jun 27 2011 at 9:39 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
821 posts
Hyolith wrote:
Admiral Niknar wrote:
I have tried viewing the forums via mobile site and well..it sucks. It no longer wraps text so lots of dragging involved which makes reading posts annoying. =\

Device used: LG Ally default browser.


I believe this was purposely done this way for now since they were having issues with avatars going all wonky so for the time being they had to extend to viewing area to help right the images. They said they should be working on it though.

Couldn't they have just simply removed avatars on mobile view? With the text extending past the screen I might as well view it from the normal site as it defeats the whole purpose of mobile site view.
____________________________
VIVE LA RÉVOLUTION PONEY!
デーブは、ここではありません。
Urthdigger wrote:
First person view {You can have this.} I'm a galka and wore a subligar all the way to 50. You either learn to deal with it, or learn to enjoy the other party member's screams of agony.

Likibiki wrote:
I wish I could get parties of that standard. Sadly I seem to end up playing with myself all the time.

Signature Image
#191 Jun 27 2011 at 9:45 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
2,346 posts
No idea, I just know that this was the last thing I remember seeing about mobile.

JerekDain wrote:
Spoonless the Silent wrote:
I don't know if you're still working on the mobile skin or not, but as it currently stands, avatars are all fine, but the width of the forums exceeds the boundaries of the screen on my mobile, regardless of screen orientation.

This is a temporary fix to keep it from breaking the layout. I'll be able to work on it more later (tonight or tomorrow) when I have access to an Android device. A quick question though - when you see the Report button do you see "! Report" or just "!" on your Android?
#192 Jun 27 2011 at 9:50 AM Rating: Excellent
Webmonkey
ZAM Administrator
Avatar
**
708 pandas
Spoonless the Silent wrote:
One other thing is the preview for a post from an ignored poster. Instead of cutting off when the text reaches the boundaries of the forum, it appears to be including entirely too much text, up to an entire paragraph.

There is now a maximum height that filtered posts can reach, cutting off any text beyond that.

Seriha wrote:
Attempted setting a few of the stock avatars. And while I'd get a green outline on whichever I selected within the menus, clicking save just bumps me back to the No Avatar image and nothing carrying on to other posts.

Edit: Or the avatar can show when I post. Does that perhaps mean changes aren't retroactive?

There was a bug with displaying non-premium avatars in user profiles, and this is now fixed. Also, old posts can take a few minutes to update with avatar changes.

BlueDolphin wrote:
I know I saw it mentioned here once already, but I can't find the exact post to quote. I'd like to second the person who said the embedded YouTube videos were too large, Shaving some size off would be awesome, if possible.

Embedded YouTube videos are now smaller.

Vorkosigan wrote:
The name and title block which is centered is just off balance. Having the post (or the beginning of it) squeezed into the right corner just doesn't agree with my inner eye or something.

I'm not sure what you mean. It sounds like there could be something broken with the display you're seeing. Can you explain or post a screenshot? You may also want to try pressing Ctrl + 0 (zero) to reset your browser's zoom level to normal, in case that's causing some sort of issue.

Aripyanfar wrote:
The only change I would have made was put the down arrow (instead of the up rate arrow) next to the report button. Just thinking of the which way misclicks would go.

Hm, that's how they should be appearing. It goes Up, Down, then Report. What browser/OS are you using?

Lubriderm Quick Hands wrote:
Wonder Gem PigtailsOfDoom wrote:
I still can't rate people up.
How patient have you been? I have to wait about a full minute from when I click an arrow to when the rate will take effect. After making one rate in a thread, however, any further ratings will take effect immediately (so long as it's the save visit to that thread).

It still shouldn't take that long. We'll have to look in to this.

Pigtails: Is the problem you mentioned from clicks not seeming to take effect, or that you can't see the rate arrow?

Belkira the Tulip wrote:
on the zam.com skin, if you have a custom title, it doesn't display if you're scholar, sage, or guru.

The karma titles have always been overridden by 10k titles. We may change this in the future, but for now we're leaving it as-is.

Friar Bijou wrote:
ALSO: Return the report button radiation symbol.

The ! is more appropriate to it's usage in that a report is an alert to an admin, not that you can necessarily get a post nuked.

idiggory wrote:
Can we get clarification on why Zam chose to add stars 5-7?

Although we know some users were attached to the idea of us replacing stars with this text at a point, it's one of the things that can make our forums look unprofessional or confusing to new users. We are keeping 10k titles though, and there may also be more stars than 7...

Hyolith wrote:
Admiral Niknar wrote:
I have tried viewing the forums via mobile site and well..it sucks. It no longer wraps text so lots of dragging involved which makes reading posts annoying. =\

Device used: LG Ally default browser.


I believe this was purposely done this way for now since they were having issues with avatars going all wonky so for the time being they had to extend to viewing area to help right the images. They said they should be working on it though.

Yes, the larger size of the posts pushing off the edges of some mobile devices is a temporary fix. A more permanent solution with posts **** on the screen again should be coming very soon.
#193 Jun 27 2011 at 11:46 AM Rating: Good
******
30,643 posts
JerekDain wrote:
Belkira the Tulip wrote:
on the zam.com skin, if you have a custom title, it doesn't display if you're scholar, sage, or guru.

The karma titles have always been overridden by 10k titles. We may change this in the future, but for now we're leaving it as-is.


I'm almost 100% certain that, at least on the FFXI skin pre-beta, even with custom titles you could see if the person was scholar, sage, etc. When the beta came out, I had to get used to the new colors, so that's the only reason I noticed. Not a big deal either way, though.

Also, pull up menus on the bottom breadcrumbs. Smiley: thumbsup
#194 Jun 27 2011 at 11:51 AM Rating: Good
******
30,643 posts
I think someone already mentioned this, but unread sub-default posts look weird.

Screenshot


IE8, Zam.com skin. Not sure if it's like that on other skins.
#195 Jun 27 2011 at 11:52 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
Avatar
***
1,888 posts
The "Expand this Post" link for ignored posters is not working on Chrome for me. Don't know if it has been already said or if it happens in other browser, only have Chrome around here.
#196 Jun 27 2011 at 11:55 AM Rating: Good
******
43,650 posts
Let me be the first to say thank you for changing the Youtube video size, and for separating the Hide options.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#197 Jun 27 2011 at 11:56 AM Rating: Excellent
Webmonkey
ZAM Administrator
Avatar
**
708 pandas
There is a new option under Forum Settings in your user area to turn YouTube videos in to links without having to suppress avatars and images.

The paths/breadcrumbs at the bottom of the page now have dropdowns that expand upward.

The mobile site should now be working better for Android users.
#198 Jun 27 2011 at 12:04 PM Rating: Excellent
Webmonkey
ZAM Administrator
Avatar
**
708 pandas
Belkira the Tulip wrote:
I think someone already mentioned this, but unread sub-default posts look weird.

IE8, Zam.com skin. Not sure if it's like that on other skins.

This appears to be a rendering issue with IE8 which we can't fix. I'd recommend using a different browser, upgrading to IE9, or installing Chrome Frame.

Brisin wrote:
The "Expand this Post" link for ignored posters is not working on Chrome for me. Don't know if it has been already said or if it happens in other browser, only have Chrome around here.

Hm, seems to be working fine for me. Do you get an error, or does just nothing happen? Can you check which version of Chrome you're running?

Edited, Jun 27th 2011 1:04pm by JerekDain
#199 Jun 27 2011 at 12:14 PM Rating: Good
******
30,643 posts
JerekDain wrote:
Belkira the Tulip wrote:
I think someone already mentioned this, but unread sub-default posts look weird.

IE8, Zam.com skin. Not sure if it's like that on other skins.

This appears to be a rendering issue with IE8 which we can't fix. I'd recommend using a different browser, upgrading to IE9, or installing Chrome Frame.


Sounds good. It's not enough of an issue to bother me. Thanks. Smiley: smile
#200 Jun 27 2011 at 12:30 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
Avatar
***
1,888 posts
JerekDain wrote:

Brisin wrote:
The "Expand this Post" link for ignored posters is not working on Chrome for me. Don't know if it has been already said or if it happens in other browser, only have Chrome around here.

Hm, seems to be working fine for me. Do you get an error, or does just nothing happen? Can you check which version of Chrome you're running?

Edited, Jun 27th 2011 1:04pm by JerekDain


Nothing happens. Version 12.0.742.100

edit: guess Im still sleeping, talking in portuguese with you guys.

Edited, Jun 27th 2011 3:32pm by Brisin
#201 Jun 27 2011 at 1:28 PM Rating: Good
Muggle@#%^er
Avatar
*****
19,794 posts
Jerek wrote:
idiggory wrote:
Can we get clarification on why Zam chose to add stars 5-7?

Although we know some users were attached to the idea of us replacing stars with this text at a point, it's one of the things that can make our forums look unprofessional or confusing to new users. We are keeping 10k titles though, and there may also be more stars than 7...


Is that really a good enough reason to get rid of it? I doubt new users were so unable to understand the system that it was an issue. And, I'll admit, I don't see how it makes it unprofessional in a negative way. I mean, if the goal is to make everything professional, there's really no good reason for avatars. Or forum skins. Or emoticons. Etc.

At the end of the day, this is still a gaming forum.
____________________________
IDrownFish wrote:
Anyways, you all are horrible, @#%^ed up people

lolgaxe wrote:
Never underestimate the healing power of a massive dong.
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 31 All times are in CDT
Calthine, Karlina, Poldaran, Szabo, Anonymous Guests (27)