Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

Please put Tanaka back in charge of FFXIVFollow

#1 Dec 21 2011 at 7:59 PM Rating: Excellent
*****
12,815 posts
Stop him from re-destroying this game after all the amazing work done since he moved on!
____________________________
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/pawkeshup
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/pawkeshup
Viddler: http://www.viddler.com/explore/pawkeshup/
UStream: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/pawkeshup-s-gaming-stream
Blog: http://pawkeshup.blogspot.com
Olorinus the Ludicrous wrote:
The idea of old school is way more interesting than the reality
#2 Dec 22 2011 at 11:34 PM Rating: Excellent
**
485 posts
Wonder Gem Pawkeshup wrote:
Stop him from re-destroying this game after all the amazing work done since he moved on!
Why do you hate FFXIV so?
____________________________
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats."--H. L. Mencken
#3 Dec 23 2011 at 6:25 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
***
1,033 posts
I don't think it's fair to slight XIV with his presence, not when it still has the potential to be an impressive game (indeed, imagine if XIV became a great game while Tanaka stayed on XI... everyone could simply jump titles). I think instead, Tanaka should simply be put in charge of off-line projects, I don't think this MMO thing is really his speed.

As an aside, I can't help but wonder how fond the Japanese players are of this particular producer's decisions.
____________________________
Level 75 Scruffy/37 Nerfherder

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world, the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man."

- George Bernard Shaw
#4 Dec 23 2011 at 8:15 AM Rating: Excellent
*****
12,815 posts
Hashmalum wrote:
Wonder Gem Pawkeshup wrote:
Stop him from re-destroying this game after all the amazing work done since he moved on!
Why do you hate FFXIV so?

Because it's too little, too late to resurrect it? It had a terrible launch, and was free for an entire year because the game's producers admitted it was poorly designed.

That stain will never come off the game, and therefore it will never really achieve big numbers, even if they've finally gotten around to a ground up rewrite they needed to do.

Game should have been taken offline with a huge announcement, reworked and relaunched.
____________________________
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/pawkeshup
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/pawkeshup
Viddler: http://www.viddler.com/explore/pawkeshup/
UStream: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/pawkeshup-s-gaming-stream
Blog: http://pawkeshup.blogspot.com
Olorinus the Ludicrous wrote:
The idea of old school is way more interesting than the reality
#5 Dec 23 2011 at 3:20 PM Rating: Default
Scholar
****
4,387 posts
Actually...

FFXIV -was- a great game, then "someone" decided to put in ******** change after ******** change each and every update. So please for the love of Altana, just move Tanaka to a janitor job instead. I dont know what he did, but he RUINED FFXIV. I logged in recently to check, logged out almost instantly. What a ****** game it is now.
____________________________
[XI] Surivere of Valefor
[XIV] Sir Surian Bedivere of Behemoth
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/2401553/
#6 Dec 24 2011 at 6:16 PM Rating: Excellent
Jack of All Trades
******
29,217 posts
Quote:
FFXIV -was- a great game, [...] I logged in recently to check, logged out almost instantly. What a sh*tty game it is now.


You're the only person I've seen thinking that way; the majority opinion I've been seeing lately is that it is the opposite, with the game being almost universally **** at first and then varying levels of how "great" the game is now.

Elaborate some?
#7 Dec 25 2011 at 2:47 PM Rating: Excellent
Guru
Avatar
**
701 posts
I think Tanaka should be put in charge of Virtual Boy game development. The project would consist of him and a Virtual Boy to stare into for hours on end. He MIGHT then begin to understand the pain he is subjecting us to.
____________________________
Character: Camiie
Elvaan Female
Bastok Rank 10
MNK 99 / BST 99 / SMN 99 / DNC 99 / SAM 99 / WAR 99 / THF 99
#8 Dec 25 2011 at 9:30 PM Rating: Excellent
Sage
***
3,636 posts
Camiie wrote:
I think Tanaka should be put in charge of Virtual Boy game development. The project would consist of him and a Virtual Boy to stare into for hours on end. He MIGHT then begin to understand the pain he is subjecting us to.

One has to wonder why in the world they made that red. Instead of, ya know, any color at all besides red.
____________________________
http://ereblog.livejournal.com/
Erecia and Ereblog are BACK, baby!
#9 Dec 27 2011 at 1:31 PM Rating: Excellent
***
2,010 posts
I have to agree. Stop with the Team Tanaka ******** SE. You might not want to admit it, but the guy is not good at running an mmo team. Give him a SEP promotion into some other division.
#10 Dec 27 2011 at 1:54 PM Rating: Excellent
Guru
Avatar
*****
10,648 posts
[pokerface]
Put him in charge of the FF7 remake.
[/pokerface]
#11 Dec 29 2011 at 6:07 PM Rating: Excellent
***
1,020 posts
Seriha wrote:
[pokerface]
Put him in charge of the FF7 remake.
[/pokerface]


That would almost be appropriate, since supposedly he made kick @$$ console games...he just seems to be wanting to turn FFXI into one giant, never ending console game...
____________________________
Lots of 99 jobs.
Yeah, I get bored a lot.

"It is better to be silent and thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." -Mark Twain

Reactivated account again 6/1/2013 Yeah, I'm back....again.....and I have a loooot MORE catching up to do.

#12 Dec 31 2011 at 10:53 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
****
4,387 posts
Fynlar wrote:
Quote:
FFXIV -was- a great game, [...] I logged in recently to check, logged out almost instantly. What a sh*tty game it is now.


You're the only person I've seen thinking that way; the majority opinion I've been seeing lately is that it is the opposite, with the game being almost universally sh*t at first and then varying levels of how "great" the game is now.

Elaborate some?

It's pretty simple.

After the updates i lost atleast 40% of my attack speed as well as the ability to controll the amount of attacks i want to, or can, apply by manual input. Auto attack is a disaster with the multiple (non responding) clicks before it enters the attack mode and the weak-*** slow attacks. Seeing as you need TP to do anything, i really dont want to wait 20 seconds before i can use one 1000 TP move.

They got rid of Physical levels, making people have half the HP/MP/power they had before, if not less.

They upped MP costs for curing rediculously with no "good" way to get it back in battle anymore. You basicly run out of mp after casting 3-4 Cure's now. Because you lost most of your HP/MP and attack/defense power from a lack of Physical level and have no way to cure, there's no way to solo anything in that game anymore at a reasonable rate, and even forget about doing NM's.

Partying is a disaster. The only addition since the start is that no one wants to play healer now because of the rediculous MP costs.

Oh, and weapons went from 130-180 attack power, to 50's and 60's. Aeolian for instance went from 144 attack to 89 now.
All gear that was spectacular before the update is now outdated, and the EXACT same pieces exist now with better stats. The EXACT same items you already had on you are now renamed to something like "Outdated Goblin Longsword", with lower stats. Same for other equipment.

There's no game left to play anymore. SE needs to understand they cant just give us stuff to play with, and then take it all away later when they think of something diffirent.

And that's simply what i could remember off the top of my head.

So i dont want Tanaka near either FFXI or FFXIV.
____________________________
[XI] Surivere of Valefor
[XIV] Sir Surian Bedivere of Behemoth
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/2401553/
#13 Dec 31 2011 at 12:06 PM Rating: Good
*****
12,815 posts
Mages were fail before they changed everything due to the simple fact you cannot rest to restore MP.

As for everything else, one word: BALANCE! Enjoy!
____________________________
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/pawkeshup
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/pawkeshup
Viddler: http://www.viddler.com/explore/pawkeshup/
UStream: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/pawkeshup-s-gaming-stream
Blog: http://pawkeshup.blogspot.com
Olorinus the Ludicrous wrote:
The idea of old school is way more interesting than the reality
#14 Jan 17 2012 at 1:22 PM Rating: Good
**
728 posts
KojiroSoma wrote:
Fynlar wrote:
Quote:
FFXIV -was- a great game, [...] I logged in recently to check, logged out almost instantly. What a sh*tty game it is now.


You're the only person I've seen thinking that way; the majority opinion I've been seeing lately is that it is the opposite, with the game being almost universally sh*t at first and then varying levels of how "great" the game is now.

Elaborate some?

It's pretty simple.

After the updates i lost atleast 40% of my attack speed as well as the ability to controll the amount of attacks i want to, or can, apply by manual input. Auto attack is a disaster with the multiple (non responding) clicks before it enters the attack mode and the weak-*** slow attacks. Seeing as you need TP to do anything, i really dont want to wait 20 seconds before i can use one 1000 TP move.

They got rid of Physical levels, making people have half the HP/MP/power they had before, if not less.

They upped MP costs for curing rediculously with no "good" way to get it back in battle anymore. You basicly run out of mp after casting 3-4 Cure's now. Because you lost most of your HP/MP and attack/defense power from a lack of Physical level and have no way to cure, there's no way to solo anything in that game anymore at a reasonable rate, and even forget about doing NM's.

Partying is a disaster. The only addition since the start is that no one wants to play healer now because of the rediculous MP costs.

Oh, and weapons went from 130-180 attack power, to 50's and 60's. Aeolian for instance went from 144 attack to 89 now.
All gear that was spectacular before the update is now outdated, and the EXACT same pieces exist now with better stats. The EXACT same items you already had on you are now renamed to something like "Outdated Goblin Longsword", with lower stats. Same for other equipment.

There's no game left to play anymore. SE needs to understand they cant just give us stuff to play with, and then take it all away later when they think of something diffirent.

And that's simply what i could remember off the top of my head.

So i dont want Tanaka near either FFXI or FFXIV.


Of course these things are very subjective so I can't tell you that you are wrong, because you aren't, but I don't feel the same at all.

The FFXIV that existed didn't work, it was completely messed up and it had to be completely reworked to have any chance at all to stay. You might not like the direction it has taken and I can understand that, but the fact is that if you thought FFXIV was ever a great game, I think you and Tanaka are both so far off from the majority of gamers that listening to either of you would be bad news for XIVs future (If it even has one).

In the case of XI I dunno because I haven't played for a year.

Edited, Jan 17th 2012 2:24pm by Belcrono
#15 Jan 17 2012 at 1:36 PM Rating: Excellent
Needs More Smut
Avatar
******
20,422 posts
Magicalsquirrel wrote:
Seriha wrote:
[pokerface]
Put him in charge of the FF7 remake.
[/pokerface]


That would almost be appropriate, since supposedly he made kick @$$ console games...he just seems to be wanting to turn FFXI into one giant, never ending console game...


I think this is the most accurate summation of the Tanaka Problem I've seen. Having to dodge 200 lightning strikes in a console game is fine. Having to hunt down and kill 500 of a particular monster in an MMO game is acceptable if it's something you can do on your own time. Having to get anything greater than 50 of the same monster in an MMO that requires the help of other people is just being unfair to those other people.
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck. Once again a top bard on the server: Dardaubla 90 on 1/6/2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest on Lamia - Member of The Swarm and leader of Grammarian Tea House chat LS
#16 Jan 17 2012 at 7:16 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
***
1,567 posts
catwho wrote:
Magicalsquirrel wrote:
Seriha wrote:
[pokerface]
Put him in charge of the FF7 remake.
[/pokerface]


That would almost be appropriate, since supposedly he made kick @$$ console games...he just seems to be wanting to turn FFXI into one giant, never ending console game...


I think this is the most accurate summation of the Tanaka Problem I've seen. Having to dodge 200 lightning strikes in a console game is fine. Having to hunt down and kill 500 of a particular monster in an MMO game is acceptable if it's something you can do on your own time. Having to get anything greater than 50 of the same monster in an MMO that requires the help of other people is just being unfair to those other people.
Sadly, I think Tanaka has enough political pull in SE to stay where he is. Yoshida being taken away from us and placed in XIV sucks in that SE wins either way; he saves XIV, SE profits off the game and they live happily ever after. He fails to save XIV and can take all the blame. It's an ugly situation.
____________________________
Products of boredom: 1 2 3 4 5
Besieged
Hopes for FFXIV: Fencer | Red Mage
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 30 All times are in CDT
Anonymous Guests (30)