Forum Settings
       
« Previous 1 2 3 4
Reply To Thread

Scroll Supply {Too Weak}Follow

#1 Sep 22 2011 at 6:32 AM Rating: Good
***
1,087 posts
Okay none of the BLM's in my LS have ANY of the new spells >.< ONE Blizzaja has sold on Siren....

C'mon SE, cant understand the thinking on this, after all the casual friendly improvements to game to make these a rare drop from endgame-type events that a lot of people dont do ?

(and SCH just hasta talk to an NPC for theirs ?)

Maybe I'm outta line here, but scrolls are a necessary, not luxury, item for us (and they benefit the whole group)

...and they arn't re-sellable when done like many rare drops.

oh well, heres to waiting I guess, {Cheers}
____________________________
[99WAR,99BLM,99DRK,99BST,99PLD,99MNK,99SMN75RDM49THF45NIN/WHM/DNC
/SAM,,~] Galka

BASTOK:10 SKY: O SEA: O DYNAMIS: O
SIREN srvr
YARP !!!
#2 Sep 22 2011 at 9:27 AM Rating: Decent
****
4,229 posts
This is nothing new, and yet every time an update comes and things are hard to obtain for a couple weeks, people flip out like it's the end of the world! It's only been two days since the update and you're mad you don't have the new spells?
____________________________
Pergatory (Asura, Kupo LS) WHM99 ~ SMN99 ~ DRK99
"If you want to know me, look inside your heart." -Lao Tzu
#3 Sep 22 2011 at 9:52 AM Rating: Excellent
Needs More Smut
******
21,262 posts
I have to say, I'd rather have an unlimited supply of scrolls from an NPC for a fixed price than a limited supply of scrolls I have to fight 17 people to get for "free."

Edited, Sep 22nd 2011 11:52am by catwho
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck: Retired December 2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest and Taprara Rara on Lamia Server - Member of The Swarm
Curator of the XIV Wallpapers Tumblr and the XIV Fashion Tumblr
#4 Sep 22 2011 at 5:03 PM Rating: Good
***
1,087 posts
Quote:
people flip out like it's the end of the world! It's only been two days since the update and you're mad you don't have the new spells?


Nope :
Quote:
oh well, heres to waiting I guess, {Cheers}


When theres 346 people on (on 95 BLM) & 1 scroll has been sold I would say supply & demand is kinda skewed. Plus, in the past, you could always farm the hard scrolls on another, higher lvl job.

This isnt a macro/specialized rare gear item used occasionally... on one of many jobs. Its a major component & natural progression of an original job. Kinda like Raise III (which can be easily solo'd)

Not really mad, just kinda venting & seeing if others feel supply is a little weak. As I'm currently doing Ice Staff trial, was really hoping it wouldnt be like this.

Its not even about how much it sells for, when theres none for sale lol. At the least they could be questable like early important scrolls (warp/teles/aspir etc) Maybe have quest pre-req. be having BLM leveled (like Black Belt requiring Brown Belt quest)

Kinda funny, in the olde days, you'd be considered gimp for not having spells as you ding into them.

I guess in the age of Aby burn, having hundreds of people not up to date on spells is ok.

Quote:
I have to say, I'd rather have an unlimited supply of scrolls from an NPC for a fixed price than a limited supply of scrolls I have to fight 17 people to get for "free."

QFT
____________________________
[99WAR,99BLM,99DRK,99BST,99PLD,99MNK,99SMN75RDM49THF45NIN/WHM/DNC
/SAM,,~] Galka

BASTOK:10 SKY: O SEA: O DYNAMIS: O
SIREN srvr
YARP !!!
#5 Sep 22 2011 at 7:03 PM Rating: Decent
45 posts
lol. It's exactly what Pergatory said. Give it a few weeks, then there will be 10+ in AH, Blm is one of the most played jobs. If you think about it everyone who is getting the drop is using them, or giving to ls members who need. Honestly i remember cognitive belt, the nm was easy, pop was easy, and i knew it was going to be a 10k item when everyone who wanted one got it. My ls friend bought for 700k, and i told him to sell it. The same thing happened to aspir 2.
____________________________
Me: I seriously when i'm losing.
Andy: You hate your life.
Me: I'm not losing I lost.
#6 Sep 22 2011 at 9:26 PM Rating: Good
Jack of All Trades
******
29,628 posts
Quote:
This is nothing new


Actually, it kinda is. I don't remember newly released magic ever being this widely unavailable.

It's not just one or two new spells either; it's pretty much EVERY new spell they released this patch.

Edited, Sep 22nd 2011 11:26pm by Fynlar
#7 Sep 22 2011 at 10:05 PM Rating: Default
**
639 posts
Did you have to hunt NM's for ancient magic or earn gil? Did you have to quest for sleepga 2 or retrace?

Tier 5 spells spoiled blms as they got lvls and spells at same event. Embrace WoE with your friends and linkshell.

Just because only one has sold on AH, doesn't mean people have not bazzared them. I informed this website where first to find them, and made over 13m in bazzar off them.

Use it as a way to make money and have fun.
#8 Sep 22 2011 at 10:09 PM Rating: Excellent
Needs More Smut
******
21,262 posts
Yeah, even back in the day when Raise III was a coveted rare drop from Kirin, you could still always pay a million bucks on the AH to get it from one of the HNMs that used Kirin drops to fund relics and whatnot.

Maybe in a few weeks the profiteers will start sharing the goods, but with so many people after them, they're going to be snatched up quickly even at outrageous prices.
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck: Retired December 2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest and Taprara Rara on Lamia Server - Member of The Swarm
Curator of the XIV Wallpapers Tumblr and the XIV Fashion Tumblr
#9 Sep 22 2011 at 11:06 PM Rating: Good
****
5,745 posts
kimjongil76 wrote:
Did you have to hunt NM's for ancient magic or earn gil? Did you have to quest for sleepga 2 or retrace?

Tier 5 spells spoiled blms as they got lvls and spells at same event. Embrace WoE with your friends and linkshell.

This is far and away different from the examples you just gave. Retrace could be quested. Sleepga 2 required an NM fight, but it was a guaranteed reward from a quest. Tier 5 spells (except for Thunder 5) were all sold by an NPC as well as being available from gold caskets.

In the past, there were some cases where a scroll was only available from a BCNM. But those cases were rare. With this update, all of the new scrolls are only available through BCNM or other content of similar difficulty and limited access.

We can use scrolls like Erase, Phalanx and Utsusemi Ni as a good predictor for what is going to happen with the price of these scrolls on the AH. Erase only went down in price because, after so many years, the vast majority of players already have it. Phalanx and Utusemi: Ni have been around just as long, and look how expensive they are right now.

I wouldn't mind "embracing WoE with my friends and linkshell." But know what the problem is? BLM is so popular, over half of the people in my circle of friends all have BLM leveled, and want the same scrolls I do.
____________________________
Lyonheart, like Eorzia, will be reborn in FFXIV!

FFXI veteran (Lyonheart and Lakiskline of Lakshmi)
1/467 on signed HQ Weskit!!!
#10 Sep 23 2011 at 5:57 AM Rating: Good
**
673 posts
I know it is frustrating, but at the same time it would be a bit of an anti-climax if some of the most powerful spells that are ever going to be put into the game are sold from some random NPC like Darts. Thunder V, Holy II, Utsusemi: Ni, Sleepga II, Comet, Raise III... they are supposed to be relic-like spells because they are so powerful and job-defining.

I don't think this is that different from other FFs either, in practically every one you need to put in a considerable amount of effort to get the top tier spells/summons, rather than just learning them through the normal line of progression.

I'm sure that in a month's time the prices will be much more reasonable though and this will all be forgotten. I'm sure as the level cap rises yet again this new content will even further become more commonplace and the spells will be infinitely easier to obtain.
____________________________
95THF
Bismarck
#11 Sep 23 2011 at 6:40 AM Rating: Decent
***
1,087 posts
Quote:
Did you have to hunt NM's for ancient magic or earn gil? Did you have to quest for sleepga 2 or retrace?

Yup, as I stated.... & am willing to do again ~.0

But I was GUARANTEED a scroll in those cases, I have no shortage of patience, but I have less time to play these days & would prefer having fun spontaneously.

Quote:
Actually, it kinda is. I don't remember newly released magic ever being this widely unavailable

.
Quote:
With this update, all of the new scrolls are only available through BCNM or other content of similar difficulty and limited access.


I will admit to some resentment, that after Proc'ing thousands of mobs (on WAR & BLM) for folks to attain items etc.... that due to new spells not being Triggers, there is not much returning the favor lol we shall see I guess.
____________________________
[99WAR,99BLM,99DRK,99BST,99PLD,99MNK,99SMN75RDM49THF45NIN/WHM/DNC
/SAM,,~] Galka

BASTOK:10 SKY: O SEA: O DYNAMIS: O
SIREN srvr
YARP !!!
#12 Sep 23 2011 at 6:42 AM Rating: Excellent
Guru
Avatar
*****
11,147 posts
Wonder how melee would feel if to learn a new JA or WS they had to pray to the Random Number Generator gods in events they couldn't solo.

I could've seen Comet being like this, maybe even Temper and Holy II, but not every single spell that came with this update. People will eventually run out of crests, get frustrated with WoE and its randomness (Done 15+ clears now and all I got was Valor Minuet V, yay old scrolls?), and basically be left unable to play jobs to their fullest in VW if lacking the new procs.

I would've been okay with Blizzaja coming from the new mini-turtles, or the RDM stuff on some new mob in Sky. SE could've done a better job in spreading the love without just plopping things on NPCs, but even then, it wouldn't have been the end of the world. Doubly since this isn't 99, where we'll be staying for a long time, if not forever.
____________________________
Violence good. **** bad. Yay America.
#13 Sep 23 2011 at 6:46 AM Rating: Default
Scholar
***
1,145 posts
svlyons wrote:
I wouldn't mind "embracing WoE with my friends and linkshell." But know what the problem is? BLM is so popular, over half of the people in my circle of friends all have BLM leveled, and want the same scrolls I do.
So instead of rejoicing that you have a circle of friends you can rely on to get free spells, you complain that you have to compete with them? Awesome outlook on things. I agree that's a total problem because never before has there been competition for drops in this game.

#14 Sep 23 2011 at 8:34 AM Rating: Good
***
1,087 posts
Quote:
People will eventually run out of crests, get frustrated with WoE and its randomness (Done 15+ clears now and all I got was Valor Minuet V, yay old scrolls?),


Yup, can totally relate & I'm sorry for your luck.

After attaining many things that take a lonnngggg time & some luck (but pretty much guaranteed if you keep doing event) like Full Homam, Askar,Goliard,Shadow gear....Relic +1 etc, kinda dont like new system.




____________________________
[99WAR,99BLM,99DRK,99BST,99PLD,99MNK,99SMN75RDM49THF45NIN/WHM/DNC
/SAM,,~] Galka

BASTOK:10 SKY: O SEA: O DYNAMIS: O
SIREN srvr
YARP !!!
#15 Sep 23 2011 at 10:09 AM Rating: Good
****
5,745 posts
Voldermolt wrote:
svlyons wrote:
I wouldn't mind "embracing WoE with my friends and linkshell." But know what the problem is? BLM is so popular, over half of the people in my circle of friends all have BLM leveled, and want the same scrolls I do.

So instead of rejoicing that you have a circle of friends you can rely on to get free spells, you complain that you have to compete with them? Awesome outlook on things. I agree that's a total problem because never before has there been competition for drops in this game.

It isn't free. It takes time. Lots of time. Lots and lots of time.

Imagine if Hagun was the only weapon every melee DD in your shell could equip for levels 71 to 75 back when the cap was 75, rather than simply being the best weapon that a SAM could equip. Now imagine having to do the ENM for Hagun with its low drop rate over and over until everyone in your LS had one. Now imagine that even after eveyone had a Hagun, you had to do it again until everyone had 2 or 3 of them (since we're talking about multiple spells for jobs like BLM and WHM).

That's what I'm talking about.

Spells aren't just shiny drops to compete over and live without until you get them months down the road. Spells are supposed to be the bread and butter of mages.
____________________________
Lyonheart, like Eorzia, will be reborn in FFXIV!

FFXI veteran (Lyonheart and Lakiskline of Lakshmi)
1/467 on signed HQ Weskit!!!
#16 Sep 23 2011 at 10:32 AM Rating: Default
****
4,229 posts
svlyons wrote:
Spells aren't just shiny drops to compete over and live without until you get them months down the road. Spells are supposed to be the bread and butter of mages.

Says who?

Tell me, what is it you're not able to do until you get Comet and Blizzaja? Why is it so important for you to have those spells immediately after they're available?

People in this game have gotten used to having everything, and now they are ****-hurt any time something new comes out and they don't have it immediately. Get over yourself. The beauty of this game is that not every player is the same. Items are rare enough that it forces you to focus on what you really want, and to cooperate with other players to get things faster.

If you want a game where every player has everything and is exactly identical, there are plenty of MMOs out there like that. I for one am glad that FFXI is not like that.
____________________________
Pergatory (Asura, Kupo LS) WHM99 ~ SMN99 ~ DRK99
"If you want to know me, look inside your heart." -Lao Tzu
#17 Sep 23 2011 at 11:15 AM Rating: Excellent
Guru
Avatar
*****
11,147 posts
Voidwatch procs.

Additionally, this sets a bit of a scary precedent for the 96-99 push. If spells are rare now, they could be such for the next cap increase. Spells are what mages do, unless suddenly everyone lets RDMs melee... ya know...
____________________________
Violence good. **** bad. Yay America.
#18 Sep 23 2011 at 2:27 PM Rating: Excellent
Needs More Smut
******
21,262 posts
I would have preferred straight up time consuming quests with multiple JP midnight delays to having them drop from events. Since I'm not able to play but a few hours a week these days, I'm just not going to get them for a long long time.

At least with a quest, like Sleepga II has, I'd get a cute storyline to go with it. Adventure! Especially something as epic as Comet should have come from a quest. Maybe involving Shantotto torturing you a bit. Maybe involving a difficult six man BC. But at least with a quest, you have a guaranteed outcome.

Edited, Sep 23rd 2011 4:28pm by catwho
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck: Retired December 2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest and Taprara Rara on Lamia Server - Member of The Swarm
Curator of the XIV Wallpapers Tumblr and the XIV Fashion Tumblr
#19 Sep 23 2011 at 3:04 PM Rating: Excellent
***
1,087 posts
Quote:
People in this game have gotten used to having everything, and now they are ****-hurt any time something new comes out and they don't have it immediately. Get over yourself.


LOL yea, know any summoners who have done Alex & Odin fight over & over....& still dont have them ?

Know any WARs that worked for Ukonsvasara... & didnt get Uko's fury ? oh, you dont ?

Oh well obviously we disagree... maybe cuz you dont have BLM leveled ?
Quote:
Spells are what mages do, unless suddenly everyone lets RDMs melee... ya know...


Probably wouldnt care if I didnt know there is going to be more of the same 95-99 & I would rather spend time doing stuff with friends than generate Gil....
____________________________
[99WAR,99BLM,99DRK,99BST,99PLD,99MNK,99SMN75RDM49THF45NIN/WHM/DNC
/SAM,,~] Galka

BASTOK:10 SKY: O SEA: O DYNAMIS: O
SIREN srvr
YARP !!!
#20 Sep 23 2011 at 3:41 PM Rating: Decent
45 posts
Getting something that no one had, or almost impossible to get made ffxi great back in the day. How many blm's did you know that had full af2 back when the level cap was 75? I know plenty of people that spent 2 years on their gear. Getting these spells are way easier than most things were back then. When my af2 body dropped, it was the first i had ever seen, and there were 5 other blm's lotting against me(this was after a many months). If you absolutly need this spell, earn it.
____________________________
Me: I seriously when i'm losing.
Andy: You hate your life.
Me: I'm not losing I lost.
#21 Sep 23 2011 at 4:16 PM Rating: Excellent
Needs More Smut
******
21,262 posts
riznobi wrote:
Getting something that no one had, or almost impossible to get made ffxi great back in the day. How many blm's did you know that had full af2 back when the level cap was 75? I know plenty of people that spent 2 years on their gear. Getting these spells are way easier than most things were back then. When my af2 body dropped, it was the first i had ever seen, and there were 5 other blm's lotting against me(this was after a many months). If you absolutly need this spell, earn it.


I have to say that comparing it to Dynamis drop rates is not helping the argument.
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck: Retired December 2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest and Taprara Rara on Lamia Server - Member of The Swarm
Curator of the XIV Wallpapers Tumblr and the XIV Fashion Tumblr
#22 Sep 26 2011 at 7:40 PM Rating: Decent
svlyons wrote:
Voldermolt wrote:
svlyons wrote:
I wouldn't mind "embracing WoE with my friends and linkshell." But know what the problem is? BLM is so popular, over half of the people in my circle of friends all have BLM leveled, and want the same scrolls I do.

So instead of rejoicing that you have a circle of friends you can rely on to get free spells, you complain that you have to compete with them? Awesome outlook on things. I agree that's a total problem because never before has there been competition for drops in this game.

It isn't free. It takes time. Lots of time. Lots and lots of time.

Imagine if Hagun was the only weapon every melee DD in your shell could equip for levels 71 to 75 back when the cap was 75, rather than simply being the best weapon that a SAM could equip. Now imagine having to do the ENM for Hagun with its low drop rate over and over until everyone in your LS had one. Now imagine that even after eveyone had a Hagun, you had to do it again until everyone had 2 or 3 of them (since we're talking about multiple spells for jobs like BLM and WHM).

That's what I'm talking about.

Spells aren't just shiny drops to compete over and live without until you get them months down the road. Spells are supposed to be the bread and butter of mages.



While I definitely agree with the point of the sudden change in scroll access is crap I feel this analogy could use a little work. You still have your weaker weapons.(Aka Blizzard V Fireja) That work until you get the best.
____________________________
If cookies were milk and milk was cookies. Would Oreo's still be america's favorite brand of milk?
#23 Sep 27 2011 at 6:51 AM Rating: Good
***
1,087 posts
Quote:
While I definitely agree with the point of the sudden change in scroll access is crap I feel this analogy could use a little work. You still have your weaker weapons.(Aka Blizzard V Fireja) That work until you get the best.


I like my SMN Alex/Odin analogy better... but I'm Bias lol.

The fact remains that its a unique kick in the **** of all BLMs the way this was implemented.

due to game mechanics,the overwhelming majority of BLMs focus on ICE & THUNDER in gear, merits etcetera... & use them consistently (beacause they are strongest)

Its really hard to come up with an appropriate analogy due to: These are new spells (only due to level cap increase) & thus, are a natural progression of the job NOT something actually new.

Doing as you suggest is like WHM getting a slight increase in cure V potency, but cant get cure VI....
I know several WHMs who dont have Raise III, but a whm without cure VI isnt welcome (& why wouldnt they have it at appropriate levels)

Visit BLM forum for several posts about people doing numerous successful runs of new BCNMKKCNM (&WoE) & now they're out of seals & didnt get scrolls.

Oh well, if they decide to loosen up supply it'll probably be too late for me as I will do what it takes to get 'em, but I'm gonna be a selfish grump until I do (by necessity).
____________________________
[99WAR,99BLM,99DRK,99BST,99PLD,99MNK,99SMN75RDM49THF45NIN/WHM/DNC
/SAM,,~] Galka

BASTOK:10 SKY: O SEA: O DYNAMIS: O
SIREN srvr
YARP !!!
#24 Sep 27 2011 at 7:32 AM Rating: Good
Needs More Smut
******
21,262 posts
Comet is currently going for about ~ 2.75 mil on Bismarck. Thunder V is a million even, as is Blizzaja.

Thanks, SE.
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck: Retired December 2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest and Taprara Rara on Lamia Server - Member of The Swarm
Curator of the XIV Wallpapers Tumblr and the XIV Fashion Tumblr
#25 Sep 27 2011 at 9:23 AM Rating: Decent
Sage
***
3,638 posts
Yeah, these are NOT going down. I've barely logged on since the update, not entirely because of this, but it's just one more **** thing. Well, if it doesn't change in 4 days or so I might just shut off the account for a while.
____________________________
http://ereblog.livejournal.com/
Erecia and Ereblog are BACK, baby!
#26 Sep 27 2011 at 10:33 AM Rating: Excellent
Guru
Avatar
*****
11,147 posts
Been contemplating similar. A mix of regression to older ways and lacking content hasn't left me particularly motivated. Sure, there are things I could still be doing, but since I don't dual-box, I tend to be more at the mercy of others online and my own schedule and general RL is random enough that planning things can be rough. One can only grind out so many weapon trials solo as something productive that can be done whenever before a line is drawn.
____________________________
Violence good. **** bad. Yay America.
« Previous 1 2 3 4
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 1 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (1)