Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

+2 items with trophiesFollow

#1 Jun 07 2011 at 6:07 AM Rating: Good
**
817 posts
i just have all theses heroes of abyssea trophies you get for defeating nm there.
the armors you get from them aren't interesting to me...

can't i just trade like 10 of them for a card/coin/jewel/stone for +2 trial ?
#2 Jun 07 2011 at 9:31 AM Rating: Default
Scholar
****
6,424 posts
DarkBiBi wrote:
i just have all theses heroes of abyssea trophies you get for defeating nm there.
the armors you get from them aren't interesting to me...

can't i just trade like 10 of them for a card/coin/jewel/stone for +2 trial ?


If you are talking about items like Dragua's Scale, just find someone that wants to trade pops. Ie, I would be happy to trade a Glavoid pop for a Chloris pop if I needed Chloris buds for Verethragna, or some mob with a lot of +2 items I don't need for a Dragua pop.

____________________________
No PUP, no glory! <Inferno Claws [4563/3520]>

"Puppetmaster was our last best hope for peace. It failed.
Now it's our last best hope.. for victory!"
#3 Jun 07 2011 at 9:44 AM Rating: Good
Guru
Avatar
**
701 posts
No, he means the trophies you get from killing NMs that you can cash in for augmented gear from the Dominion Sergeant. Wouldn't bother me a bit if this were possible, but I'm sure others would have a hissy fit.
____________________________
Character: Camiie
Elvaan Female
Bastok Rank 10
MNK 99 / BST 99 / SMN 99 / DNC 99 / SAM 99 / WAR 99 / THF 99
#4 Jun 07 2011 at 10:39 AM Rating: Good
Needs More Smut
Avatar
******
20,519 posts
Pretty much the only use anyone has found is playing the lotto on WHM/SMN body, trying for that 14% cure potency.
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck. Once again a top bard on the server: Dardaubla 90 on 1/6/2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest on Lamia - Member of The Swarm and leader of Grammarian Tea House chat LS
#5 Jun 07 2011 at 10:41 AM Rating: Default
****
5,647 posts
Camiie wrote:
No, he means the trophies you get from killing NMs that you can cash in for augmented gear from the Dominion Sergeant. Wouldn't bother me a bit if this were possible, but I'm sure others would have a hissy fit.

The reason players would disagree with this change (or as you call it, having a "hissy fit") is because they view +2 in a different light. Is it something players should be entitled to have access to just by completing easy tasks (e.g. AF), or is it something that should be a bit more exclusive?

Battle Trophies are extremely easy to get. Many pieces of +2 Empyrean gear are very powerful. They might not be top notch, but they tend to be very close to top notch. Letting players upgrade to +2 just through battle trophies would make them less special. I would hate to see that happen any time soon, considering +2 sets are some of the better rewards for current content.
____________________________
Lyonheart, like Eorzia, will be reborn in FFXIV!

FFXI veteran (Lyonheart and Lakiskline of Lakshmi)
1/467 on signed HQ Weskit!!!
#6 Jun 07 2011 at 11:40 AM Rating: Good
**
492 posts
Seeing someone with full MNKAF3+2 but using purple belt/martial knuckles disagrees with that "+2 is hard to get and requires skill"
____________________________
THF on HNM attack in Binary. 10010110101
#7 Jun 07 2011 at 11:50 AM Rating: Excellent
**
446 posts
I wouldnt have a problem with this if you could only trade in the 1st tier trophies.

If you make it something like 15 1st tier trophies for a single +2 item (15 trophies for 1 stone of ardor or 1 coin of vision for example), then I think that would be ok. For items that require 6 pieces for upgrade, that would be 90 trophies. For items that require 9, that would be 135 trophies.

If all you do is kill low level NMs for the 5th tier trophies, to complete a +2 body (9 pieces), you would need to kill 2,160 NMs. Some of these are easy to kill. However, having to kill over 2,000 NMs will take some time, simply from competition and waiting for spawn timers.

To complete other +2 items using just low level NMs with 5th tier trophies, you would only need to kill 1,440 NMs.


Of course, this also means that only NMs in the Hero zones will count, since we do not get trophies in the other zones. This would increase the competition for all NMs, regardless of drops, as people will want the trophies.



The plus side to this is that if you are helping people complete emp weapons, then you will be killing tier 1 and 2 NMs. So, while helping them get items from an NM that does not drop your items, you can work your way towards an armor upgrade. This does give an alternative to killing specific NMs, but is nowhere near as efficient.

If this did happen, for the love of Bob, let the players select which upgrade item they want... none of this random item crap.
____________________________
lolgaxe wrote:
Thinking outside the box is fine, but the owner's manual is on the inside.
#8 Jun 07 2011 at 1:45 PM Rating: Excellent
Guru
Avatar
**
701 posts
AnimalOnSylph wrote:
I wouldnt have a problem with this if you could only trade in the 1st tier trophies.

If you make it something like 15 1st tier trophies for a single +2 item (15 trophies for 1 stone of ardor or 1 coin of vision for example), then I think that would be ok. For items that require 6 pieces for upgrade, that would be 90 trophies. For items that require 9, that would be 135 trophies.

If all you do is kill low level NMs for the 5th tier trophies, to complete a +2 body (9 pieces), you would need to kill 2,160 NMs. Some of these are easy to kill. However, having to kill over 2,000 NMs will take some time, simply from competition and waiting for spawn timers.

To complete other +2 items using just low level NMs with 5th tier trophies, you would only need to kill 1,440 NMs.


Of course, this also means that only NMs in the Hero zones will count, since we do not get trophies in the other zones. This would increase the competition for all NMs, regardless of drops, as people will want the trophies.



The plus side to this is that if you are helping people complete emp weapons, then you will be killing tier 1 and 2 NMs. So, while helping them get items from an NM that does not drop your items, you can work your way towards an armor upgrade. This does give an alternative to killing specific NMs, but is nowhere near as efficient.

If this did happen, for the love of Bob, let the players select which upgrade item they want... none of this random item crap.



OK, this is absolutely brilliant. It still takes considerable time, removes a level of randomness, and promotes helping others. I'm not seeing a downside to doing it this way.

This is why I love in-game point/token systems which is what the trophies are. There's a light at the end of the tunnel. Even if that tunnel may be a bit longer, you know for sure you'll reach the end of it.

Edited, Jun 7th 2011 3:46pm by Camiie
____________________________
Character: Camiie
Elvaan Female
Bastok Rank 10
MNK 99 / BST 99 / SMN 99 / DNC 99 / SAM 99 / WAR 99 / THF 99
#9 Jun 08 2011 at 12:31 PM Rating: Good
**
817 posts
Quote:
Is it something players should be entitled to have access to just by completing easy tasks (e.g. AF), or is it something that should be a bit more exclusive?


Quote:
Of course, this also means that only NMs in the Hero zones will count, since we do not get trophies in the other zones. This would increase the competition for all NMs, regardless of drops, as people will want the trophies.


to help with "abyssea congestion", SE put +2 items to vision/scar zones nms.

as a result, timed pops like ovni and ironclads where drops were added are now camped 24/7.

could just make most vision/scar nm give trophies(maybe only up to #3/#2).

as for item/trophy rates, could do

10 trophies #1->body item
15 trophies #2->hands item
20 trophies #3->head/legs/feet item

and yes, no /random please <.<
#10 Jun 28 2011 at 6:44 AM Rating: Default
Scholar
****
6,424 posts
DarkBiBi wrote:
i just have all theses heroes of abyssea trophies you get for defeating nm there.
the armors you get from them aren't interesting to me...

can't i just trade like 10 of them for a card/coin/jewel/stone for +2 trial ?


defeating nm for a card/coin/jewel/stone for +2 trial

Kill a different NM.. one that does drop +2 items.


And you're right about the armors being less then interesting. Only purpose I've seen for the trophies are Haste+3% boots (which due to randomness refuse to appear for me...)

Maybe they could be traded for 71>>90 aptants and (new) evoliths instead.
____________________________
No PUP, no glory! <Inferno Claws [4563/3520]>

"Puppetmaster was our last best hope for peace. It failed.
Now it's our last best hope.. for victory!"
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 16 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (16)