/war is a pretty common sub for hnm.
Since when? 2003? Lets list the wide array of endgame content that meet these following criteria for going thf/war:
A: does not have AOES that are blink-able
B: a mob people actually allow melees to melee
C: Are actually HARD enough mobs that zerk/DA would actually do more damage than DW3 (weaker mobs DW outshines /war for DD)
D: let the thf in before 5% so they can "do their job" of tagging the mob while letting a DD with actual DD potential on high end mobs take that slot the other 95% of its life because Thf simply cant do the same damage as other DDs on high end mobs no matter what they sub.
E: Will not be doing anything else immediately before or after that also requires /nin (doing more than 1 event back to back. 1 that requires /nin, the other which one 'could' /war)
Go ahead. Ill wait.
I personally cant recall off the top of my head the last time i went thf/war to anything that wasnt fafnir so I could voke claim. I think it was a Kirin about 1.5 years ago.
TLDR Thf/war is largely impractical and still struggles to beat /nin in overall DD while sacrificing any semblance of defense.
Now Thf with DW3 native would open up a world of hurt /war but sacrifice defense. fair trade. One could also thf/drg and combine hate steal with hate shed and nice 25% haste builds. Or /sam and be more effective. Or /drk and get a 30%+ attack speed boost and put out OK damage on a zerg besides just sticking feint+TH. DW would unbind us from /nin as the best sub for everything and give us a huge new toolbag to fit niche situations across the board more effectively which we cant when we are bound to /nin for everything and changing subs gives to little and costs to much. Edited, Sep 2nd 2010 10:04am by Banalaty Edited, Sep 2nd 2010 10:06am by Banalaty
Aanalaty, Mithra of San d'Oria
99Thf/99Drg/99Rng/95Pld/Secret Job 92
Maat-1/1 Thf Meleed (pansies steal)
Some of mah gearz: http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Lakshmi/Aanalaty#item-sets
Join 'People Against The Heart Snatcher' and help put Thfs on the right P.A.T.H.S.